Video: C-SPAN caller blasts media; Update: New Astroturfing signs for Obamabots

posted at 11:30 am on August 9, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I’d say this explains the eruption of anger at town-hall meetings fairly clearly. “Leah” from New Hampshire says she “just wants to clarify a few things about these manufactured angered crowds,” but instead delivers a manifesto that explains the rise of the Tea Party movement in general. Politico reporter Manu Raju and C-SPAN’s Washington Journal host Rob Harrell get an earful and an education:

The anger comes from the blatant disregard of even the pretense of legitimate governance. Elected representatives from Congress openly admit they’re not reading the bills, while leadership in both chambers try to ram through complicated bills without giving anyone a real chance to learn what they say and what they do. It doesn’t help that the bills in question — health care reform and cap-and-trade — are both elitist policies that essentially puts Washington in charge of decisions that people should make on their own. Put all that together, and the only surprise should be that the anger took this long to develop.

Besides, the GOP isn’t the outfit sending out these missives:

I wanted to send you an urgent invitation to an important town hall with Rep. Hank Johnson on Monday evening (August 10th). He’ll be talking to constituents and gathering feedback — this is an ideal opportunity to make sure your support for health insurance reform is seen and heard at exactly the right time.

Our congressional representatives are back home this month, and they’re facing more and more pressure from special interests on health insurance reform. It’s critical that we get out there and show them where we stand.

I hope you can join us.

What: Health Care Town Hall with
Rep. Hank Johnson

Where: Georgia Perimeter College
555 North Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, GA 30021

When: Monday, August 10th
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

RSVP

Our representatives are under attack by Washington insiders, insurance companies, and well-financed special interests who don’t go a day without spreading lies and stirring up fear. We need to show that we’re sick and tired of it, and that we’re ready for real change, this year.

Please try to arrive early to the town hall, and make sure that the most powerful voices in this debate are those calling for real reform, not angrily clamoring for the status quo.

RSVP here:

Thanks,

Lee

Lee Goodall
Georgia State Director
Organizing for America

P.S. — Before the event, please print off a flyer to display and make sure that your support is visible.

This is the flyer, which is the same as the one OfA — a DNC-run organization — sent out earlier this week (h/t Geoff A):

Update: Geoff RSVP’d for the meeting, and got a new Astroturf sign to bring:

This is the new message, of course — that ObamaCare is nothing more than “health insurance reform,” a rebranding made necessary by the eruption of opposition to ObamaCare.  Now the Democrats want to demonize the health insurers, and this is just the latest transparent attempt.  This is blatant Astroturfing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

here is a good one on Tester. He needs to work on his lying face!

akerralls on August 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM

We have a few undeveloped acres south of Lubbock. Go to ground area if need be. I’m here because of work. Old fashioned American with one nostril, and one nostril only, above water.

Limerick on August 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I have family in Lubbock. My husband worked in our corporate office for years. He took a job working on a rig in south Louisiana a year ago. He has to work 7 on/7 off. I work in one of our field offices. Hopefully Obama won’t go after the oil and gas industry (of course that is what cap and tax targets) and put us both out of work.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM

The woman caller made an EXCELLENT point: why do those lying about the makeup and intent of town hall attendees and Tea Parties think Americans should believe them about health care?

I went to a health care town hall here in Brunswick, Georgia, on the southern coast, on Wednesday between 4:30 and 5:30. The theater at the local college was completely packed, there were NO signs, and only one idiot was in attendance trying to stir things up. His question was answered politely, and he shut up. He was a professor at the local college, of course.
Everyone else wanted answers, and Jack Kingston (R-Ga) answered them pretty well. There was SO MUCH interest hundreds waited for a SECOND town hall after this one was finished, and filled most of the theater up a second time.
No one was paid to be there, no one was hollering, no one was causing interruptions. But EVERYONE was interested enough to fill the theater almost twice over. This media BS about “paid town hall terrorists” only applies to the Democrats and their hack union organizers.

bradley11 on August 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM

akerralls on August 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Awesome… Tester is toast and so deserving. This man dreams of a lap dance with Obama.

Keemo on August 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM

The media is going to take a big hit on this one. If they will cover up this one, what else will they cover up?

d1carter on August 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Mom, u said Texas. Don’t think Texas is going to allow Obama to take Texas away. It could still get ugly, but it won’t be one-sided is my guess.

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Democrats and Republicans – This administration is all about POWER and CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we, as Americans don’t come together, BIG BROTHER will be watching every household , street corner, business, and recreation place in the U.S.

yoda on August 9, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Keemo on August 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I really did not need that visual. I need to shower now!

Sadly for Little John he is at the end of a long line of people wanting to do that favor for Obama.

akerralls on August 9, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Leah hit the nail on the head!
Her concise explanation of her feelings in regards to the current government Tea Parties/Health Care Townhalls mirrors how I have felt about our government and the media for a long time now.

Simple Voice on August 9, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I don’t want to hear a lot of talkin’ from these guys. I don’t mind cleanin’ up the mess they made..I just don’t want to have to listen to them talk while I do it.

If the left can’t grow the phuk up, the least they can do is sit down and shut the Phuk up and let the grown ups talk.

Itchee Dryback on August 9, 2009 at 12:34 PM

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Luckily our company has international locations. If worse came to worst, my husband could work 28/28 in Peru, Yemen, or Kurdistan. The pay is awesome, but I do not want him working internationally. The Cajuns in south Louisiana are enough of a culture shock :)

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Don’t think Texas is going to allow Obama to take Texas away.

I think the next governor will be the one who tells Messiah to jump off the higher cliff. I was stunned when Kay Bailey voted against Sotomayor.

Marcus on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

A thorough clean-up of the trash that has polluted our land.

Keemo on August 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM

That’s the thing. Imo, it’s become us OR them, instead of us and them. Not everyone has made that leap yet, even here at HA. I don’t think in 5 yrs that both libs and conservatives will be sharing this country anymore. One will have left, or be beaten. I’m just a nobody that doesn’t know anything particularly about it. Just what I see. So in a weird kind of way, it’s coming to a head one way or another. It’s been going on too long anyway.

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM

“Cannot connect,” yer linkie brokie, go here, 25:25.

Akzed on August 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Marcus on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I will not vote for Kay Bailey. She has sold us out too many times. Don’t forget she voted for SCHIPS. She is an absolute squish. Rick Perry all the way.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Nope, u can’t leave, unless it’s to join the underground.

Marcus on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I’m from NY, so didn’t actually follow Hutchinson’s vote. Yeah, from what she’s up to lately, that is kinda surprising. Did you mean that she is going to be the next Gov, and that she will tell Ogabe to take a hike?

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Every public word out of the Obumbler’s mouth is a lie.

Pass a budget that is based on borrowing/printing 2/3 of it…..FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE. Oh almost forgot, that hundred million in cuts that never arrived.

Bipartisan bill means with 3…no scratch that…2 republicans in both house vote for it while the others are not allowed in committees.

I don’t know the facts but I’m sure it is whitey’s fault.

It does provide a yardstick to how well the communists have screwed up our educational system when the American public keeps falling for this shtick.

jukin on August 9, 2009 at 12:42 PM

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM

She’ll try but I’m for Perry as well. What the bigger question is is who will replace her in the Senate.

Marcus on August 9, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Watch video of this town hall held in Texas by GOPer

William Amos on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

You know, I think it’s genetic. All I needed to do was just look at that lefty woman. No words needed, and I knew she was a low life unicorn Kool Aide drinking baby killing Democrat.

Jeff from WI on August 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Watch video of this town hall held in Texas by GOPer

William Amos on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

The sad thing is that unhinged woman would not qualify for the care she seems to so desperately need.

It’s all about her you see…

katy on August 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Marcus on August 9, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I wish like hell that John Carter of TX31 would make a go for it.

Limerick on August 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM

She didn’t start voting right until she decided to jump into the governor’s race. Well, sorry sister, I have a long memory. She also put out a smart-a#$ ad after Sarah Palin announced that she would be campaigning for Perry, it referenced being able to see Russia from her house. Well, you cannot trash Palin in Texas and expect a whole lot of votes.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

But, they have got some good food.

Johan Klaus on August 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Time for counter-townhall meetings. If these cowardly congressman (and women) won’t stand before the people who elected them, it’s time to hold meetings without them and start grooming their congressional replacements for 2010.

Everyone knows that those in hiding will be kicked out of office, and some old time politicians who think they’re safe, are all of a sudden vulnerable. The new congress will come from the ranks of concerned citizens who may have gotten their start at tea party meetings. The elections of 2010 will make the ’94 congress look like a polite gathering of friends.

Time to start now and show these congress people that they are no longer relevant.

As for the equally cowardly journalists, time for them to start choosing a different career path.

2009 marks the turning point and the beginning of the end of the Progressive Era.

EMD on August 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I wish like hell that John Carter of TX31 would make a go for it.

Limerick on August 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Jeb Hensarling all the way!

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM

But, they have got some good food.

Johan Klaus on August 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Oh, love them and their food! Problem is my husband was born with a progressive deafness. He has trouble with accents. I love to hear them talk.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM

That is it, lady! Noon! Outside the stockyards. ;)

Limerick on August 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Don’t think Texas is going to allow Obama to take Texas away.

Marcus on August 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

She had nothing to lose. Texas has low unemployment as is doing pretty well under Perry. It was a vote of expedience, more to lose by voting for Sotomayor.

eaglesdontflock on August 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM

It’s nice that you say that in Texas, people still aren’t allowed to say and do opposites, or allowed to say two different things at once. I remember when life was like that.

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Good call to C-SPAN!

desertdweller on August 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM

She’ll try but I’m for Perry as well.

Marcus on August 9, 2009 at 12:42 PM

The lessor of the two evils. Don’t forget the Trans Texas Corridor.

Johan Klaus on August 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Oh, love them and their food!

Wait. You mean they are a minority group, but they don’t hate America??

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM

That is it, lady! Noon! Outside the stockyards. ;)

Limerick on August 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Wait. You mean they are a minority group, but they don’t hate America??

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I am an awful good shot and Cajuns just love a good time.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM

So in response to the passionate views by the caller the Politico reporter defends the congress for not meeting with constituents for fear they will be You Tube sensations!! That is the substance of Politico-what a rag, WTF! Does anyone understand the rightful anger of citizens in response to the overspending, nontransparent, thuggish tactics and power grabbing maneuvers of this administration?
The fact that many of the congress are getting free passes by avoiding the public should be investigated, written about and placed in the sun for disinfection. NOT MORE PRESS COLLUSION!

Buckeye Babe on August 9, 2009 at 12:57 PM

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM

That’s it. I think Kay Bailey is coming to the party just a little too late. I used to like her – a lot, in fact – but she lost that Texas woman toughness that I treasure and got all soft and squishy. Regardless of who gets elected governor we will have to watch them and hold their feet to the fire. This will especially true for whomever we put in as KBH’s replacement. It’s just never easy, is it.

Proud Texan on August 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

He would really have a problem around Hallettsville and Schulenburg with all of the Czech and Kraut accents.

Johan Klaus on August 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

The USA dies:

Diagnosis: Obama’s Healthcare Bills “cause and effects”.

bucko36 on August 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

That flyer is creepy and outright Maoist.

Jim Treacher on August 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM

The USA dies:

Diagnosis: Obama’s Healthcare Bills “cause and effects”.

bucko36 on August 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Obama’s government cure. Value added tax.

Johan Klaus on August 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Time is running short. Time to ramp up anger and take it to the streets.
Washington Sept 12th, a sea of Brooks Bros. humanity, the only language these Demoncraps understand.

jainphx on August 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Tester stated that this will create jobs, only they will of course be bureaucratic positions designed to limit services.

larvcom on August 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

jainphx on August 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM

See you there.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

At top. Protest signs of the day. Make sure to catch the one on the right as well.

William Amos on August 9, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I went to one of the videos on your tweet about the Harkin Town hall.
I have this horrifying feeling that even if 10′s of millions of people showed up in DC days before the vote, it would not change the trajectory this admin is moving towards.
Even after record attendence, angry voices and uprising not seen in my lifetime… the congress still believe that they need to make this change for the good of us unwashed masses.

katy on August 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

See you there.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I’ll be the one carrying a sign, Oh wait I probably wont be the only one. Oh well it should be a sight to behold.

jainphx on August 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM

katy on August 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I have seen two other democratic congressman express they dont like the bill but will vote for it. Its a done deal even the Blue Dogs are being pushed relentlessly to avoid being against this.

William Amos on August 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Kay baby made a BIG mistake slammin Sarah! She is too bumb to realize that you CAN see Russia from Alaska and the idiotic statement, I can see Russia from my house, was made by the TV slut tina fey. She is also an embarrassment to the great state of Texas. I have watched her over the years and have cringed when she has been on TV. What a jelley fish! To think that McCain actually considered her for his running mate! Hell, he wouldn’t have gotten half the votes he recieved if he had.

inspectorudy on August 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Thanks for posting this Ed.

Spirit of 1776 on August 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Oh come on people! Leah was obviously too well dressed to be a genuine caller and you just know she was carrying a swastika around as she talked on the phone. /s

Trafalgar on August 9, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Marcus….re: Kay Bailey

She voted for S-Chip and many other lefty causes.

this was safe because it was going to pass anyway…..

nondhimmie on August 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM

katy on August 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM
WilliamAmos on August 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM

The Congress and Senate need to be reminded that November 2, 2010 is right around the corner and if any Republican, Independent or Democrat votes for this Health Scam in 2009, then they are going to be voted out in 2010!

katy, I agree with you….we are all going to march on Washington D.C. soon.

Does anyone know when the Congress will be voting on this in September???

yoda on August 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM

The democrats are not afraid of losing in 2010. The GOP has shown not one sign that they can stop the comunnity organizing that the dems have in place.

With Obama in charge of the DOJ and Immigration policy they are going to stop any challenges to “Vote programs” and throw open the borders to get more democratic votes.

Health care is a battle here not the war and we arent winning that one.

William Amos on August 9, 2009 at 1:38 PM

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Completely… not just beaten back. Overturn the 40-50 years of socialistic movement as part of it. Reduce total government by a healthy percentage and the extent of their involvement in state issues (education, welfare, etc.)

CC

CapedConservative on August 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Completely… not just beaten back.

Yes, indeed. That’s what I meant. Moreover, I don’t think there’s any going back at this point, so I expect someone to be hurt.

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 1:42 PM

It’s all about her you see…

katy on August 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Right on Katy. It’s a disease I think.

seesalrun on August 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

My take is that he has to do HC before amnesty, because nobody would accept HC if they knew millions more poor people would come and be covered.

And he can’t do amnesty while the unemp. rate is high. And the unemp. rate ‘aint going lower for a long time. God is playing a joke on the Joker. 2010 and 2012 are coming closer and closer.

JiangxiDad on August 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Insurance reform. We’ve always been at war with Eastasia.

casel21 on August 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Damn, that woman is good. Go you Leah – the Politico kid looked like he’d swallowed a bottle cap.

And speaking of George Soros, check out this one:

Don’t you feel ashamed? And would anybody like to hazard an over/under on how many of those patriots are Hollywood billionaires?

warbaby on August 9, 2009 at 1:47 PM

that caller was absolutely right.

Terrye on August 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Marcus….re: Kay Bailey

She voted for S-Chip and many other lefty causes.

this was safe because it was going to pass anyway…..

nondhimmie on August 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I don’t want to mistake your meaning: Is it okay to vote for something just because it’s going to pass anyway? What happened to voting your convictions and representing the view of your contituents? If she cannot stand up and not go with the flow, she needs to get out of the way. I, for one, will campaign against her.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM

The democrats are lying through their asses. This is not health “insurance” reform, or any other kind of reform.

This is a blatant government takeover of our health care system.

Dave R. on August 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM

TXMom:

There is a difference between SCHIP and this bill. It could be that she really was voting her convictions.

I remember when Bush vetoed SCHIP expansion. I supported his move to do that, but a lot of people disagreed with it.

Terrye on August 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Most Americans used to rely on the Media to get the story out for us… to catch politicians in lies…

Now, we find the media NOT doing its job… and activly lieing to us themselves…

Thus, we have to go find this information for ourselves…

And when they CONTINUE to attempt to lie, to our face, we get angry.

Romeo13 on August 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Terrye on August 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Terrye, they are financing this based on taxes on cigarettes, which is warped anyway. It also covers illegals, they need to be deported, not financed by tax-payers.

TXMomof3 on August 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM

WHY DON’T WE ALL RSVP FOR THE MEETING?

bloggless on August 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Everone should check with their local health department and see just how much money for children’s wellness exams and vacinations goes unused every year. There is a lot of it that goes unused. Maybe the government should take over parenting. Tax the fools who have babies and then don’t take care of them. Yeah, that will work.

bloggless on August 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

God Bless you Leah!! You are getting a standing ovation in my house right now!!

ginaswo on August 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM

willima amos
yes but as Obots are losing the battle more and more Americans are waking up and will not go back to sleep
we know we are being lied to by the media, when enough of us are awake they cannot sustain the lie….

ginaswo on August 9, 2009 at 2:07 PM

On Kay Bailey’s run against Rick Perry: Currently Perry’s got a double digit lead over her for the primary, and he’s been making all the right moves so far. There’s talk she may decide not to run if this keeps up.

What the Rs are concerned about is John Sharp, a pretty popular former TX Comptroller and a conservative D. The base can see him knocking off Kay in the general, given her moderate, sometimes RINO strain. And, we don’t want to get McCained here, for sure.

TXUS on August 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

He he… Read the comments at the SEUI site. Crapgrass mowing in progress.

RalphyBoy on August 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM

We need to stop setting the bar so low…instead of ‘read the bill,’ it should be ‘automatically vote no on any bill you claim you have no time to read’ and ‘automatically vote no on any bill you can’t understand by reading it.’

Of course, those don’t translate well to chanting, but the dopey ‘what do we want, when do we want it’ chants aren’t any better.

James on August 9, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I went to a Tea Party in Weatherford, TX and Michael Williams, our Railroad Commissioner, was there, and said that he’s running for Kay Bailey Hutchinsons’ Senate seat and he kinda blasted Hutchinson for being more of a RINO than anything else and not standing for Texas values. Rick Perry doesn’t stand for anything but himself either, and him attaching himself to the Tea Party movement is just his way of getting re-elected. I’m thinking of voting for Larry Kilgore for Governor.

cebj25 on August 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Newsbusters has the YouTube video and transcript of Leah’s call:

C-SPAN Caller Blasts Media’s Coverage of Town Hall Protests

INC on August 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM

He he… Read the comments at the SEUI site. Crapgrass mowing in progress.

RalphyBoy on August 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I was a bit reluctant to go there, but I did and saw that all of the comments were against SEIU. There was one comment pointing out that the comments had been scrubbed, but people were coming back to post them again. SEIU got a big black eye on this one.

backwoods conservative on August 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM

LEAH: No, my, my Congressmen are afraid. Now they won’t even come out and meet us face-to-face. They want to do some phony telephone thing so that we can’t judge their facial expressions. We can’t say with a follow-up question, “I’m sorry, that didn’t answer my question. Could you please?” You know, yes people are getting angry. That doesn’t mean it’s fake. That means it’s real. And by the way, about the caller who says it’s all racial, the only person I’ve seen that’s been attacked, physically attacked, is a black man who was attacked by SEIU, and he says they were black. So, I’m getting tired of the race card. I’m getting tired of the lies. I’m getting tired of the media not telling us what’s in these bills but giving us a bunch of “Republicans says this, Democrats say that.” I don’t care.

Brava, Leah! Brava!!!

Exit question: Is Leah the next Joe the Plumber?

yoda on August 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Anybody who points out facts is a racist (or you can use “bigot” or “basher”).

mankai on August 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM

kowtow :”THANK YOU O MIGHTY ONE”

allrsn on August 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Leah is as sharp as a tack. Find out who she is and keep her out there!

Mr. Grump on August 9, 2009 at 3:03 PM

In other words: You pissed off people are too stupid to know that you’re not pissed off, you’re just being used.

TinMan13 on August 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Good thing for Leah that she didnt give her last name. If she had, the Obama owned media would be all over it, digging up any ‘dirt’ they could to destroy her.

If only Americans would have seen what the Joe the Plumber thing shined a light on. Too many people dismissed it or just didnt see it. Joe the plumber shed light on what would begin to happen to those who dared oppose Obama’s policies. The fact that you had everyone from the media, liberal politicians, late night comedians, hollywood scum-celebs, to even Obama himself attacking him almost on que even. It was amazing. I dont care what kind of person Joe was in his personal life. The bottom line is that a private citizen was investigated and bashed for asking a question and opposing the socialist answer Obama gave.

We are seeing it more and more as time goes on and of course the media wont report on it because they are in on it. What the heck are we to do? Some of us KNOW we cant trust them, that much is clear. I use to think thinking this administration was dangerous was kinda over stepping it, but not anymore. This administration is a threat to America as we know it. What makes it more dangerous is the reach of its tenicals. It has the media, unions, acorn type groups, and more helping extend its reach into “putting us in our place”. This is such a horrible situation and I dont know what we are going to be able to do to stop it. Itd be much better if the media were working for “US” like they should be.

bucsox79 on August 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM

This is the new message, of course — that ObamaCare is nothing more than “health insurance reform,” a rebranding made necessary by the eruption of opposition to ObamaCare. Now the Democrats want to demonize the health insurers, and this is just the latest transparent attempt. This is blatant Astroturfing.

Why doesn’t the GOP offer some signs of its own? One asking about Tort reform. Another asking about the mythical 47 million uninsured. And a third addressing the supposed healthcare bankruptcy every “[x minutes],” which can’t be mathematcially correct.

BuckeyeSam on August 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM

VIVA LA RESISTANCE

faraway on August 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Healthcare reform morphs into health insurance reform.
Global warming morphs into global climate change.
Why don’t these scurvy mongrels in pin stripes focus group this stuff before they put it out there?

SKYFOX on August 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

BuckeyeSam on August 9, 2009

We need a catchy phrases and jingles PAC.

SKYFOX on August 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Social Security is a monstrosity that has no resemblance to the bill that was passed decades ago by the Socialist looters under Roosevelt. It will be the same with the federal takeover of medicine. Whatever they say it is NOW it won’t be in 30 years when those of us here at HotAir will need it.

So Mr. Mojave Mark which pain killer would you like…
No, we don’t treat that form of cancer you don’t qualify…
You can always petition for an exemption…
Normally about 18 months…
I’m sorry there’s nothing that I can do, that’s just our policy…
There used to be a clinic that treated people in your condition but they closed about 15 years ago…
Sir, I don’t know what you’re angry about?…
No, he’s not a doctor, he’s security and he’ll help you to your car…

Mojave Mark on August 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Leah said more in her five-or-so minutes than our Marxist president can say in three hours of obfuscating and babbling.

whitetop on August 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Ain’t that the truth.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM

TXUS on August 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Totally agree, that’s just what we don’t need in Texas, another so-call blue dog spineless ass democrat.
There’s no such a thing as a conservative democrat and that’s not just the one’s we have in Texas but that’s all of these worthless a/o.
There democrat…….period!

try again later on August 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM

This is all so ridiculous. Opponents are real people.

Proponents are astroturfing goons.

This is the f-ing astroturf administration!!! Has anyone heard of “Organizing for America”? It’s a group that the Community Organizer in Chief founded days before his inauguration. And surprise, surprise… Look what is the top listing when you search for ‘Organizing for America’…

What is going on in this country is nothing short of terrifying.

RightWinged on August 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Find a town hall meeting in your area here.

Democrat.

and

GOP.

Both are PDF docs.

coldwarrior on August 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

RightWinged on August 9, 2009

Nobody would be so blatant as to accuse the other side of that which they themselves are guilty, right?
Is that called projection?
They get away with it because the Obamedia needs only the slimmest of threads to grasp and run with.

SKYFOX on August 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Why should we believe or trust people who are lying so outrageously about who we are? The White House, Pelosi and the Dem Congress, and the Oba-media and their followers aren’t shy about explaining that people who question them in any way are paid off “Rethuglican” scum.

That was one of the great things Leah pointed out in her call. It’s a real mind-bender to be told, “You’re racist s— and garbage! Now support this bill we’ve put together for your own good, scum!” Um, that’s awfully kind of you but let’s take a closer look at this bill….

Django on August 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM

…then abolition of the right to assembly, and the right to bear arms.

Then America dies.

Spiritk9 on August 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Only if you let them.

Yoop on August 9, 2009 at 4:43 PM

bucsox79 on August 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM

We’ve become the VSA – The Venezuelan States of America. Hollywood loves Hugo, the media love Hugo, Obama loves Hugo, so naturally they’re trying to recreate his liberal “utopia” here in what used to be the US. The media’s overjoyed with every opportunity they get to prove to Dear Leader that they back his power 100%.

Django on August 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Ah yes, health insurance reform … they want to reform it out of business so the only thing left is the government.

Lying neo-Marxists.