Video: World’s worst TV interview

posted at 11:25 am on August 8, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Let’s say you’re a talk-show host and you get the one guy who precisely predicted the financial collapse a year before it happened.  You want to talk to him about the health-care reform debate and the financial implications of the current legislation.  Note also that the guest has been openly considering a run against an incumbent Senator.  As an interviewer, what strategy would you choose?

A. Ask him to detail in depth how he predicted the financial collapse and to provide parallels to what he sees in the health-care debate

B. Acknowledge his success in predicted the 2008 collapse, but focus instead on the financial implications of health-care reform as a separate topic

C. Research the topic thoroughly and debate him point-for-point on substantive matters within the bill

Most interviewers will choose either A, B, or C, and all three are legitimate ways to interview an expert guest.  If you want D, you usually have to tune in to MS-NBC, where Lawrence O’Donnell filled in for Ed Schultz on The Ed Show and channeled his inner Wally George.  O’Donnell interviewed Peter Schiff, the man who tried to warn everyone that the housing bubble would burst and create a catastrophe, only in the sense that Schiff was allowed to remain on camera during an almost-uninterrupted diatribe by O’Donnell:

Why did O’Donnell act like a middle-school bully instead of a news interviewer? Apart from the fact that O’Donnell is a middle-school bully on air, Schiff wants to run against Chris Dodd for his Senate seat, and Schiff opposes ObamaCare.  Instead of allowing Schiff to actually explain why, O’Donnell simply shouts over him and issues ridiculous time demands, and does just about everything short of sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling “NA-NA-NA-I-CAN’T-HEAR-YOU” when Schiff tries to explain his positions.

Mr. Schiff, if you want to appear on an Ed show that will allow you to talk, I’ll block out a half-hour for you any time at TEMS here at Hot Air.

Update: I added the link to Schiff’s campaign site; be sure to give it a visit.  And yes, I have extended the invitation by e-mail as well.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I was led to believe that Schiff is a Ron Paulean. Hope I’m wrong.

Kevin M on August 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Remind me again, why we Republicans are paying for a 140 billion dollar bailout (via a “guarantee” of GE Capital) of GE/NBC/MSNBC?

TexasJew on August 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Why are we paying for ACORN?

Sugarbuzz on August 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Brilliance overcomes bullying. Bravo!

jgapinoy on August 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Heck, the Bush Administration was warning of all of this back in 2001 when they started pushing for tighter regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

crosspatch on August 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I was led to believe that Schiff is a Ron Paulean. Hope I’m wrong.

Kevin M on August 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

He was Paul’s economic adviser.

jgapinoy on August 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Why are there no Republicans that have even raisin sized balls?

Sugarbuzz on August 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

He was Paul’s economic adviser.

jgapinoy on August 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I think I could live with that.

Count to 10 on August 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I was led to believe that Schiff is a Ron Paulean. Hope I’m wrong.
Kevin M on August 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM
He was one of Paul’s economic advisors and was a Paul supporter.
I still contributed to his exploratory committee and am proud to do so. Schiff is as solid as a rock on these critical issues. He gets banged over the head on these talking head shows by the Wall Street “green shoot” hacks and the ever-present Obama zombie statists like O’Donnell, but, unlike the RINO Republicans, he never wavers an inch from his powerful free market views.

TexasJew on August 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Thank you! Finally someone tried to bring up how the increase of student loans increased the demand for college and drove up the cost! Of course he was not allowed to go further:

Colleges jack up the tuition, pay their tenured profs more, touting the increased demand and popularity of their school, instead of expanding more and highering more cheaper and younger teachers to acomodate more students (increase suppply to meet demand to keep cost of goods down).

Deny the american dream by paying your tenured staff more and jack up the costs of college, instead of expanding to accomodate the surge in demand for the American dream and a college degree. If Dell/Gateway and MS did this, there never would have been a PC boom.

El Guapo on August 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Peter Schiff mocked by cable news know it alls….

Ozprey on August 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

“You know, if MS-NBC was an actual news organization, someone there would be embarrassed.” Ed

Loved it.
Can Ed have QOTD?

SKYFOX on August 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Don’t forget, while simultaneously having the classes actually taught by grad students who don’t get the big bucks.

Dave_d on August 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I forgot. Is his first name Lawrence or Dick?

Mr. Grump on August 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Peter Schiff mocked by cable news know it alls….

Ozprey on August 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Looks like he overreached a bit on auto loans, but otherwise was eerily accurate, and he seems to have the causes approximately correct. On the other hand, I am wondering if this is more to to a selection effect than his actual understanding.

Count to 10 on August 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

That was one of funniest SNL skits I’ve seen in years. Destined to be a classic I tell ya.

oakpack on August 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM

El Guapo on August 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

It probably has to do with government sponsorship. If we really want the majority of the population to get post-highschool education, we are going to have to drop the whole ‘topical breadth’ and ‘social-cultural diversity’ thing: less ‘four year vacation before work’ and ‘time of experimentation’, more ‘training for future jobs’.

Count to 10 on August 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM

oakpack on August 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM

If there was anything that ever deserved a good mocking on SNL, this ‘interview’ is it.

Count to 10 on August 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Why does anyone go on MSLSD???

Would anyone see this lunatic if he wasn’t posted on this site or mentioned on talk radio? This guy is supposed to be a journalist??? HE’S AN A HOLE!

lanesmerge on August 8, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Can Ed have QOTD?

SKYFOX on August 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I vote YES!

Red State State of Mind on August 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM

crosspatch:

Yes, that is true. In fact the Bush administration tried on more than a dozen occasions to reform the mortgage lending system and Democrats blocked them every time. In fact back in the early part of his administration Bush tried to put oversight for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into a special dept in Treasury because they said there was something fishy going on over there.

Needless to say the Democrats said he was a bad man trying to deprive working people of the right to own their own homes.

McCain even tried in 2005 to push some reform in the Senate and got nowhere.

I think a lot of people saw the bubble bursting, but not many thought it would be such a big bust.

I have often wondered if the fact that oil and gas prices got so high might have made the situation worse by putting more pressure on the economy.

Terrye on August 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Don’t forget what insurance is for. Brilliant, and so simple.

Everyone should start calling it illness and injury insurance.

bbhack on August 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Why would this guy even go on MSNBC? Everyone knows what they are like.

Terrye on August 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM

O’Donnell acts and talks big, but I’ll bet his wife is the one that cracks the whip at home.

yoda on August 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I thought the first 0:44 was fine. What’s the big deal? /sarc

Kenosha Kid on August 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM

El Guapo on August 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

There is no legitimate reason why educational costs should be increasing at 10% per year. Student loans, I think, are a huge part of it, since it makes students and parents much less price sensitive. I watch thousands of students in my city spend $20k a year on college tuition that yields them the same $35k-40k a year job that someone could get after graduating from a state school for $12k a year. It’s insane.

Outlander on August 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Supposedly O’Donnell is an Irish, Catholic Dem, these dems fought communism visiously. I think his inner heart can’t take the mob mentality of the Dems. He is a very sick man right now, and has to spin the unforgiveable into Gold. Must really suck to have to snuff out all the inner voices inside and ignore them. Eventually, you would get physically ill and take it out on everyone around you. If he was not yelling at this man he would probably be beating his kids.

tessa on August 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Here’s Scary Larry seething with rage at a woman half his size and much more than twice his intellect, the late great Cathy Seipp:

Jim Treacher on August 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM

W

hy did O’Donnell act like a middle-school bully instead of a news interviewer?

He’s a liberal

NoFanofLibs on August 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I’m sure he would conduct the same kind of in-your-face bullying interview with Senator Dodd. He’s a journalist interested in showing both sides of the debate. That’s what they do, isnt it?

/sarc

Someone should seriously kick O’Donnell’s @ss.

fogw on August 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM

O’Donnell is a grade-A certifiable ass. The only way to handle jerks like him is to stop the interview, and ask him if he is going to keep interrupting. If he continues, walk. Nobody is watching anyway!

gajaw999 on August 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM

“What’s Wrong with Killing Dogs?”

Jim Treacher on August 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Larry:
“Most people who are upset about killing dogs or letting them attack each other have at some point in their lives caught a fish, which is as extreme a form of murderous torture of an animal as I can imagine.”

figures lol

Ozprey on August 8, 2009 at 5:08 PM

He puts the DOUCHE in douchebag …

Perfect evidence that MSNBC is in the bag for the Dems..

That was an interview in the same way that Dec 7th 1941 was a Japanese tour of Pearl Harbour.

dugbru on August 8, 2009 at 5:08 PM

TexasJew on August 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Agreed. I’ll make a note to contribute too.

dedalus on August 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I haven’t watched Larry O’Donnell since 2004 when he shouted “Liar” 27 times at the spokesman for Swiftboaters For Truth as a substitute host for Joe Scarborough. Pat Buchanan finally had to cut his mic to stop the screeching – it was really unhinged. I wrote to the network and complained, received a nice letter of apology from them. O’Donnell wasn’t seen for months after that. (In therapy maybe?)

If so, it didn’t work. He truly is a sad little media potentate, isn’t he…

Carolina Kat on August 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Schiff should have laid back and had some fun.

allrsn on August 8, 2009 at 5:17 PM

‘Pay raises’ my Aunt Fanny. I get paid worse for working at the University than local public school teachers do. And worse benefits.

TinMan13 on August 8, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Jim Treacher on August 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM
Cathy had a great site; she was civil and decent, always (even to the far-left David Ehrenstein – the original author of “The Magic Negro”) .
Unfortunately, the only even-partial video of that Dennis Miller blow-up I can find was from off a TV at a get-together by Bradley Fikes:
“My daughter’s teachers are great!!! Yahhhhhh!”
This, after the teacher’s unions basically cowed Ahnold and led to the meltdown that CA is now experiencing.

TexasJew on August 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

TexasJew on August 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I’d take him. I’ll take anyone who holds free market views.

We don’t have near enough of those yet.

Chaz706 on August 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

He’s just as ugly outside as he is inside. Just an ugly, ugly little man.

Rod on August 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

That was just awful.

RightWinged on August 8, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Theres a Prime Directive in every MSNBC libtard’s brain, must like from Robocop, which is Must Protect Democrat Congressmen From Attack.

Speedwagon82 on August 8, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Can….not…..click

As I am out of duct tape

CWforFreedom on August 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM

O’Donnell’s pointless life is so low that all other lots he envies. Fame of him the world hath none. Logic and sanity both scorn him. Ignore him, look ahead and pass him by.

Tav on August 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM

What a Turd…. the interveiwer I mean.

CynicalOptimist on August 8, 2009 at 7:10 PM

O’Donnell reinforces the idea that liberalism is a progressive mental disorder every time he opens his mouth. I never question his intentions because they are so obvious, but I do question his sanity. Think about all of the leading liberals. Every liberal will say and do anything to be overbearing and cannot stand anyone thinking they could possibly have enough intelligence to even be amusing. In other words, O’Donnell is a piece of human trash that is not worth the water to flush him down a toilet.

volsense on August 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Horse’s ASS. Are there still people who watch this horrible station?

Winebabe on August 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

O´Donnell would make a very good chekist if only they let him.

el gordo on August 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Are Larry and Rosie O’Donnell related?

fourdeucer on August 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Or are they the same person, in drag?

bluelightbrigade ……..

YES ,, as I said before .. He’s a douchebag… hers.. nuff said..

dugbru on August 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I read this from my Blackberry and just got home from the beach.

This MSNBC idiot conducted himself the same way that the ACORN pos conducted himself when he has given interviews. Drown out thoughtful dissent, yell, pound your fists and attack. The MSNBC personality is not just an idiot, he’s a clown. Obama is sending in the Clowns. That’s all he has left.

/pardon my pun

Key West Reader on August 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Hahaha! The guy is one of Ron Paul’s flunkies! Ron Paul – as crazy as Sarah Palin – just not as dumb.

simplesimon on August 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM

They’re warming up O’Donnell in the bull pen for when Olbergoebbels finally goes over the cliff mentally live on air…If you notice Olbergoebbels lately(if you can stomach that POS)he’s becoming more unglued as Obama’s numbers reach downward…Only a matter of time for Keitho the Klown.

adamsmith on August 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Just watched the video. And dems wonder how they lose. They never listen, just put words into people’s mouths and act snarky…The Elites are finished this time around on both sides of the aisle…

adamsmith on August 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I was led to believe that Schiff is a Ron Paulean. Hope I’m wrong.

Kevin M on August 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Yes, thank God he is. We need more libertarian minded Republicans.

True_King on August 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

We should put him and Olbermann together in a padded cell for 8 hr.

thmcbb on August 8, 2009 at 8:32 PM

O’Donny is a tool with bizarre hair – is it a piece? I bet his dog bites him – often.

gopmom on August 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

“What’s Wrong with Killing Dogs?”

Jim Treacher on August 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Wow. Just 30 seconds into it and you realize this guy is a moral relativist nutjob.

John the Libertarian on August 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I’d vote for Schiff in a minute. Wish He were running in my state, so that I could.

petefrt on August 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

If so, it didn’t work. He truly is a sad little media potentate, isn’t he…
Carolina Kat on August 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM

It’s worse than that. The WSJ counted 37

Here’s their transcript for his “interview”

“It’s one of the many lies that the book advances. To me the most interesting lie, John O’Neill, that I would submit to you that you should answer, is, you make a lying claim that John Kerry’s antiwar activity prolonged the amount of time that prisoners of war were held in Vietnam. . . . That’s a lie, John O’Neill! Keep lying, it’s all you do! . . . Lies! . . . Which is not in John O’Neill’s book, ’cause it’s a lie! . . . That’s a lie! It’s another lie! That’s a lie! Absolute lie! You lie in that book endlessly! . . . You lie about documents endlessly! . . . You’re just lying about it! And you lied about Thurlow’s Bronze Star! You lied about it as long as you could until the New York Times found the wording of what was on the citation that you as a lying writer refused to put in your pack of lies! . . . Disgusting, lying book! . . . You have no standards, John O’Neill, as an author, and you know it! It’s a pack of lies! You are unfit to publish! . . . He just lied to you! He spews out this filth! Point to his name on the report, you liar! Point to his name, you liar! . . . You just spew lies! . . .

I just hate the lies of John O’Neill. I hate lies. It’s not an argument; they’re proven lies. . . . O’Neill’s a liar, he’s been a liar for 35 years about this, and he’s found other liars [unintelligible]. . . . They lied! . . . They’re lying somewhere! . . . Lies! Just tell me the initials, you liar! Creepy liar! . . . You are a liar who makes things up! . . . You want the lies! That’s how you make your living, on lies!

Wow, we can sure see how Larry O’Donnell got his job as a senior political analyst with MSNBC. The guy is nothing if not sagelike. But does he sound as though he thinks his man is going to win the election?

battleoflepanto1571 on August 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Not a good interview. Sure, viewers could tell Ed was a bully,, but then Chris looked like he was weak and couldn’t deal with a bully.

When you get attacked by a hack like that, stop taking the freaking bait. Stop trying to answer the questions and instead focus the viewers attention on the hack. At some point it just becomes obvious the hack is not going to allow you to talk and it just looks like you are being lead around in circles.
This is what a lot of Pubs have got to learn. The media stops being the media when they start being mouthpieces for the opposition. Call them on it! Address them for what they are, political hacks pretending to be the media!

JellyToast on August 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

:-0 SHUT UPPPPP.

Good grief.

I couldn’t finish watching.

Why didn’t Peter just jump the set and hit him.

eaglesdontflock on August 8, 2009 at 9:45 PM

meh, it was bad, but I’ve seen O’Donnell do worse. I recall a time on Scarborough Country when he just kept talking over John O’Neil of the Swiftboat Vets and calling him a liar. Now that was BAD. At least the interview confirmed hes still an uber-douche.

bombos on August 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Why do conservatives put themselves through this torment?? The fact is: Conservatives have no obligation to these media elitists.
DD

Darvin Dowdy on August 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Small man, big mouth.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 8, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Kudos to Schiff, he made more sense on this issue than all the other politicians combined. No need to waste words on the guy ‘interviewing’ him, Schiff handled the situation very well.

NORUK on August 9, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Yes, Schiff was great. Focus on him and ignore O’D and you have a great set of statements. I hope he runs.

I suppose all that non sequitur stuff he was trying to make Schiff agree to is another leftist/Alinski/Dem-wit tactic.

alice on August 9, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Ed, considering how few people watch MSNBC and the Ed Schultz show, TEMS is actually a step up publicity wise.

Fred 2 on August 9, 2009 at 12:54 AM

How does he sleep at night?? This is not something he wants to put on his resume!

chasnleo on August 9, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I agree – truly the worst interview in history.

iam7545 on August 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Until his next interview

Fed45 on August 9, 2009 at 2:27 AM

“Diatribe”?

Try filibuster.

This guy’s really emotionally unhinged, and looks like he needs medication. At the very least, he needs to be removed from the employee payroll. This is the archtype example of the thoroughly deranged, leftist “reporter”, unable to fairly report news and using his little ‘pulpit’ to drown out the people that say things he doesn’t personally like, and champion the words of those he favors.

If he’d've been interviewing me, I’d've let him have it. I’d've told him, flat-out, either shut up and let me answer the questions, or I’m out of here, and you can continue to interview yourself, jackass. And if you don’t like that, you can kiss me between the back pockets.

That was so irritating, I can NEVER watch that, again.

Virus-X on August 9, 2009 at 2:40 AM

I was led to believe that Schiff is a Ron Paulean. Hope I’m wrong.

Kevin M on August 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Yep. The thought of a Free Market Capitalist infiltrating the MegMac GOP!

Upstater85 on August 9, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Go to the 4:17 mark, where O’Donnell shifts his attempt to pull a Matthewsian “gotcha!” to the field of private education. He thinks he’s trapped Schiff, but Schiff knows what he believes and why he believes it. When Schiff gives him a brief, literate answer/question @ 5:00, O’Donnell is caught off-guard, and has to play on Schiff’s field, where he naturally loses.

When Peggy Noonan was caught on tape during an MSNBC break disparaging the GOP and the McCain-Palin ticket, I wasn’t surprised. Why not? Noonan was one of the script consultants for Aaron Sorkin’s NBC series The West Wing, featuring Martin Sheen as Democrat wet-dream President Josiah Bartlet. Republicans were OK on West Wing just as long as they weren’t conservatives. The climax of the pilot episode featured an obese Falwell-type televangelist who flubs recitation of the Ten Commandments, and is smugly corrected by Bartlet.

O’Donnell was a scriptwriter for West Wing and a subsequent show of his own creation called Mister Sterling. Sterling starred Josh Brolin as a plucked-from-out-of-nowhere Senate replacement whose father was a GOP pol. The younger Sterling allied himself with neither party, and both parties were vying for his favor because he was the crucial swing vote. But this was O’Donnell’s series, so you know who got the short end of the bargain most of the time.

BTW, I used to laugh hysterically at Hot Seat, which played at 11:30 pm Saturday nights on UHF in San Francisco. My lasting memory was the appearance by El Duce (sic) of “rape rock” band The Mentors. Every conservative owes a debt of gratitude to the late Wally George, because Morton Downey Jr. stole his act lock, stock, and barrel. If Morton Downey Jr. hadn’t had a career, he wouldn’t have had a radio talk show in Sacramento that he was fired from, and that slot wouldn’t have gone to (all together now) Rush Limbaugh.

L.N. Smithee on August 9, 2009 at 4:11 AM

D. Talk over him, don’t allow him to answer anything completely, offer juvenile demands to force the guest to give complicated answers in “30 seconds”, and berate him when he attempts to explain why that’s the entire problem with the health-care debate Be on the O’Reilly Factor.

Reaps on August 9, 2009 at 4:17 AM

L.N. Smithee on August 9, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Love both of ‘em. Just so ridiculously OTT it was hilarious. Hot Seat with GWAR was just brilliant.

And this video… Eight minutes of this?

Reaps on August 9, 2009 at 4:19 AM

Lawrence O’Donnell is a complete, I mean complete idiot. But a typical liberal. Now, the definition of a typical liberal is this: suitable to or characteristic of an infant, a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 5.

afotia on August 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM

If Bush was truly concerned about the condition of the GSEs, and had any clue as to the proximate causes of the distress, then he wouldn’t have:
————–
1) Doubled down on the distortions in the housing market by subsidizing home builders with BILLIONS in deficit spending.
2) Announced to great fanfare that Sec. 8 payments would be used for mortgages with people who put zero down.
————–
Please stop bleating “Bush tried – Bush tried”, it only makes you look like you STILL don’t understand what Schiff is trying to teach you.

rhodeymark on August 9, 2009 at 7:58 AM

rhodeymark on August 9, 2009 at 7:58 AM

That’s all they have.

I was at dinner last week with a group of mostly liberal types. One of them sneered at Sen. Demint’s statement that spending an extra $2B on cash for clunkers was stealing money from out grand kids to give people new cars today. The lib’s retort “Well we had a $1T for Iraq but now all of a sudden we can’t spend $2B?”

Doesn’t matter if it’s cash for clunkers, mortgage fraud, health care nationalization. The standard – and only – play in their playbooks is “but Bush did…..”.

angryed on August 9, 2009 at 8:10 AM

He was really just interviewing himself. He asked questions and then answered them himself. What was Schiff there for?

Dollayo on August 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Why are Conservatives such wimps?
Larry O’Donnell is one of the stupidest, most ignorant and offensive loudmouths around. Why do Conservatives consent to being interviewed by an idiot like him?
One of the biggest mistakes that Palin made was to listen to liberal McCain people who forced her to go on interviews with Leftists like Couric and Gibson who would never give her a fair interview.
You would never see the Democrats agree to be interviewed by Conservative talk shows.

FactsofLife on August 9, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Schiff should rethink going on programs like The Ed Show and O’Donnell has a a small man’s bully problem and takes his anger out on other people.

yoda on August 9, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Why did O’Donnell act like a middle-school bully instead of a news interviewer?

Because he is one of the most uninformed people in media. And that’s saying something.

He simply can’t compete on Schiff’s level, so he just shouts bumper stickers and piles on one logical fallacy after another.

RadClown on August 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I was led to believe that Schiff is a Ron Paulean. Hope I’m wrong.

Kevin M on August 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

O’Donnell tried to make Schiff sound as if he is an anarchist, which is also what people would have you believe about Ron Paul. Both are untrue. They both want the government to stay within the rights it’s given by the constitution.

O’Donnell tried to ruin his campaign multiple times by saying lies. That’s what I think is the most wrong about the interview.

ConservadorRebelde on August 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I was explaining to my 9yr old kid how a person is stoned for certain actions in Islamic countries. I made the point of How much evil is in a person’s heart who stones a woman who is 1/2 buried in the dirt.

Now…I want to stone O’donnell..oh my.

He’s just a very rude person…very rude.

poppieseeds on August 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Schiff talked about this interview in his latest video blog (8:00).

Thanks for the money bomb. On the job losses report and Ed Show:

“…I was almost laughing to myself how comical this thing looked. … He could have ranted and rave without me.”

Rae on August 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Healthcare my arse!

This Obama Fiasco is about picking our pockets, creating more Government Jobs, and Unionzed Labor, thus more thug & thief votes, and more control for the Democrat Statist Agenda.

Moreover
Confiscatory Taxes have made many of us unable to SAVE or to self-insure against the curveballs of life, by stealing our hard earned dollars before they get in our pay check.

Ten years ago, after Hurricane Floyd, and after having been flim-flamed by AllState, I decided to self-insure my home against fire, hurricane, flood and other casualties. So far, I’ve accumulated over S25,000. in saved insurance payments which are parked in CDs — More than enough to replace a roof, windows, or first story flood damage. should the next season in paradise be and unfriendly one.

Also, saved enough money to put the kids through college, by investing in a locked-in pre-paid State tuition plan.

I expect that my savings, investments, retirement plans, including private healthcare plans, etc. will be adequate to maintain my familythrough whatever the ObamaNation throws at us.

Point is, sheltering as much income as possible from taxes, and not allowing oneself to be sucked into absurd debt, or other bad habits, goes a long way toward insuring ones life and family against the contingincies of the fickle fates! That plus divine providence, humble thanks and reflected in kind by weekly donations to the collection plates.

Keep your line wet, and your powder dry,

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on August 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM

And I’ll be sure to block out a half-hour to listen.

petefrt on August 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM

When Obama goes down MSNBC goes with him, it is just a matter of time. GE can’t keep putting money into that nonsense forever.

echosyst on August 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

How soon the world has forgotten the crazed Lawrence McDonnells mental breakdown on TV. If you are looking up this man it is no wonder you like Obambi. You are a braindead idiott incapible of thinking for yourself. MSNBC should be shut down and their execs sent to prison to include all of their nutty personal.

bluegrass on August 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM

The New York private schools example is a perfect example. He unwittingly brings up an item which argues against his position. It is directly correlated from an environment that taxes, regulates, and intrudes into all areas of the private sector. The cost of living and the cost of doing business is so extreme in its height that the only way for a private enterprise to operate is to stay within those artificial boundaries of inflation government causes.

anuts on August 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM