Video: World’s worst TV interview

posted at 11:25 am on August 8, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Let’s say you’re a talk-show host and you get the one guy who precisely predicted the financial collapse a year before it happened.  You want to talk to him about the health-care reform debate and the financial implications of the current legislation.  Note also that the guest has been openly considering a run against an incumbent Senator.  As an interviewer, what strategy would you choose?

A. Ask him to detail in depth how he predicted the financial collapse and to provide parallels to what he sees in the health-care debate

B. Acknowledge his success in predicted the 2008 collapse, but focus instead on the financial implications of health-care reform as a separate topic

C. Research the topic thoroughly and debate him point-for-point on substantive matters within the bill

D. Talk over him, don’t allow him to answer anything completely, offer juvenile demands to force the guest to give complicated answers in “30 seconds”, and berate him when he attempts to explain why that’s the entire problem with the health-care debate

Most interviewers will choose either A, B, or C, and all three are legitimate ways to interview an expert guest.  If you want D, you usually have to tune in to MS-NBC, where Lawrence O’Donnell filled in for Ed Schultz on The Ed Show and channeled his inner Wally George.  O’Donnell interviewed Peter Schiff, the man who tried to warn everyone that the housing bubble would burst and create a catastrophe, only in the sense that Schiff was allowed to remain on camera during an almost-uninterrupted diatribe by O’Donnell:

Why did O’Donnell act like a middle-school bully instead of a news interviewer? Apart from the fact that O’Donnell is a middle-school bully on air, Schiff wants to run against Chris Dodd for his Senate seat, and Schiff opposes ObamaCare.  Instead of allowing Schiff to actually explain why, O’Donnell simply shouts over him and issues ridiculous time demands, and does just about everything short of sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling “NA-NA-NA-I-CAN’T-HEAR-YOU” when Schiff tries to explain his positions.

You know, if MS-NBC was an actual news organization, someone there would be embarrassed.

Mr. Schiff, if you want to appear on an Ed show that will allow you to talk, I’ll block out a half-hour for you any time at TEMS here at Hot Air.

Update: I added the link to Schiff’s campaign site; be sure to give it a visit.  And yes, I have extended the invitation by e-mail as well.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Typical shrill liberal in defense of his mastar fascist in chief. Would you really expect anything different from the obama network?

Anyone who seriously wants to get their message out should simply discount msnbc or some shows on cnn as a place to go as a guest. You have to know what they’re going to do and how they handle non socialist fascists, so why bother going? You can’t even argue with them. Just go to a network that will actually interview you…if you can find one.

Spiritk9 on August 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Larry O’Dooshbag acts a puckered demagogue becasue the arm of the Obamashirts is straight up his puppet arse. A case study in hack Alinksyite debate: freeze the target (capitalism), villify free markets, keep blabbing that your opponent isn’t a big enough person to find any virtue in the other side whatsoever and never let him finish a sentence.

Western_Civ on August 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I agree – truly the worst interview in history. O’Donnell is a dope smoking flame throwing liberal. He needs to be incarcerated.

iam7545 on August 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), stupidity is not a crime. A more fitting end for this fool is not incarceration but to be left jobless, starving, and living in the dirty streets of some city, begging for change and babbling his leftist nonsense to any passerby stupid enough to give him a minute of their time.

UltimateBob on August 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

MSNBC . . . need we say more?

rplat on August 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Tool Time TV…

CBarker on August 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I have a special contempt for Lawrence O’Donnell. He forgets where he came from and I’ll leave it at that.

TheBigOldDog on August 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

That was laughable.

Dr. Manhattan on August 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM

It seems that every cable TV “host” is trying to be like O’Reilly, who is another person I find to be insufferable most of the time. But at least O’Reilly stops and listens once in a while, and even ends most of his interviews with, “I’ll give you the last word.”

O’Donnell just plain sucks. He not only doesn’t let someone finish a sentence, but cuts them off and puts words in their mouth.

While watching this, I’ve never felt more of an urge to tell someone to STFU. Or b!tchslap them hard across the head.

Schiff showed an unbelievable degree of self control and grace in this interview. More than OD deserved.

UltimateBob on August 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Obviously, Chris Dodd is in big trouble and Lawrence O’Donnell knows it. He was trying to make headlines Dodd can use by eliciting damaging quotes from Schiff, but it didn’t work. This interview also makes me wonder if MSNBC is losing some of its audience just as Obama is losing some of his base. It is also a microcosm of the Obama bullying strategy to shut down his opponents — a modus operandi established by the Clinton administration.

Liberalism is a belief in the power in the institutions of our society to force an unpopular agenda on the electorate because they think they know what you need better than you do. Liberals are elected to public office when they pretend to be moderates or even conservatives, but they resort to bullying whenever their sense of entitlement confronts a threat to their power. Liberals fail in talk radio and the liberal media influence continues to shrink because they bully instead of persuade.

Conservatism is a set of convictions based on the sanctity of the individual, which is honed through the exchange of ideas. Conservatives thrive in talk radio and blogs because we had to learn how to persuade and debate in a society whose institutions are infiltrated by liberals. Conservatives are elected to public office because they can persuade the electorate to support conservative ideas.

Terrie on August 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I just YouTubed Wally George…

…OMFG, why the hell did I not know about this guy sooner!?!

bluelightbrigade on August 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM

All I can say is…

“I want the damn govmint to keep their stinkin’ hands off my Medicare…!

When a renowned economic analyst like Arthur Laffer appears on CNN and says…

“…If you like the Post Office and the Department of Motor Vehicles and you think they’re run well, just wait till you see Medicare, Medicaid and health care done by the government.”

That’s enough for me!

Geezer on August 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Schiff had much more patience than I would have. At some point I would just stop talking and let the host go on his mouth-foaming rant. Larryboy talked over him 90% of the entire interview. At that point, why should a guest even stay seated? The interviewer asked him a question and then basically shouted over any answer the guy gave with one of his own. But hey, it’s MSNBC, you don’t tune into that station expecting journalism.

BakerAllie on August 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

What is this “MSNBC” you all speak of? It sounds like some kind of poisonous gas.

drunyan8315 on August 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I was disappointed in Schiff in that he seemed to think he was engaged in a real interview.

faraway on August 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Wow, that is the single worst handling of an interview I’ve ever seen. Larry is such an obnoxious bully.

MSNBC is a joke.

John on August 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I just don’t know what to say about this.

I can just see a journalism school talking about interviewing, and showing this as one that would get a failing grade.

I am just stunned.

therightscoop on August 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM

If Mr. Schiff had merely reached across the table and grabbed O’Donnell and slammed his face on the table top and said, “You gonna let me answer you “questions” or not?” He’d poll in the high 80′s all across the state instantly.

coldwarrior on August 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM

How much is Dodd paying O’Donnell?

SlaveDog on August 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM

TheBigOldDog on August 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

What about Mike Barnacle?

In that same vein, your comment reminds me of something I used to hear Michael Savage (jewish) say about Diane Feinstein (jewish) and Barbara Boxer(jewish). He said that in the saner world that used to exist, these ladies could have never risen any higher than to own a brassiere shop on Flatbush Ave. (the main drag in the formerly jewish ghetto known as Brooklyn.) (I’ll add Chuck Schumer to the list btw).

And yeah, it is amazing to see people rise from children of immigrants barely speaking English to la di da in one generation. Makes me laugh when people forget where they came from, because so many people see right through them, but these swells make believe nonetheless. Priceless.

(Finally, as Hyacinthe Bucket once said, it makes it that much harder for those of us who really are superior. LOL!! :)

JiangxiDad on August 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Mojave Mark….

Mess NBC. Love. It.

pjean on August 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

the_nile on August 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Dodd will have to bury Sciff with money to win, otherwise Schiff mops the floor with him on issues.

Ozprey on August 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

oops *Schiff

Ozprey on August 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Are Larry and Rosie O’Donnell related?

fourdeucer on August 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

He’d poll in the high 80’s all across the state instantly.

coldwarrior on August 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM

It is CT, so there’s no telling how stupid (liberal) the people there can be. That being said, the rich crowd of hedge fund mgrs, Goldmach Sachsers and other Wall Streeters in Schiff’s Fairfield Cty just might have had enough of Obamanomics to turn themselves off from their former Messiah, but still hard to say. CNBC is a good gauge of CT imo (just add the usual “oppressed” minorities in CT’s failing cities)and subtract the handful of normal people in the NE of the state who no longer count as human, and you’ll have nearly the complete picture.

JiangxiDad on August 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Are Larry and Rosie O’Donnell related?

fourdeucer on August 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Or are they the same person, in drag?

bluelightbrigade on August 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Everyone knows that Lawrence O’Donnell is clinically insane. Not funny insane, but a real, true lunatic. Why would Schiff even participate in an interview with such a crazed fool? Schiff would have been better off submitting to being interviewed by a Chihuahua.

progressoverpeace on August 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM

JiangxiDad on August 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Old Army adage…

“Once you grab them by the short hairs, the rest will willingly follow.”

coldwarrior on August 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM

No wonder that table that they sit at is so large. It virtually insures that no one has arms long enough to punch the interviewer in the mouth.

sbynyc on August 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Are Larry and Rosie O’Donnell related?

fourdeucer on August 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Rosie O’Donell does happen to have a gay brother who’s a local politician from Manhattan’s upper west side (lib to the max, white and guilty, like Cambridge. Anyone there would prob. be very happy to invite Prof. Gates to break into their homes, and would never do anything as gauche as call the police).

With two children like these, I’m assuming the parents are dead.

JiangxiDad on August 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I’m sorry, I would probably have punched the host on national TV and been carted off to jail. What a complete asshole.

riverrat10k on August 8, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Ozprey on August 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Dodd was cleared of wrongdoing with regards to Countrywid by the good ol’ boys network in the senate to ease the s#!tstorm during the next election. No right minded individual would have let him walk if they didn’t have a horse in the race. Vote no on Incumbents.

thomasaur on August 8, 2009 at 12:55 PM

“Once you grab them by the short hairs, the rest will willingly follow.”

coldwarrior on August 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Oh man I really hope so. I had other plans for the rest of my life.

JiangxiDad on August 8, 2009 at 12:55 PM

MSNBC: THE Place For (one-sided) Politics!

pilamaye on August 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM

When O’Donnell has no available talking points, this lashing out happens all the time, as with the “Liar!” rant during the 2004 Swift Boat debate. It’s the opposite end of the inability to handle contrary positions as Keith Olbermann is at. Larry can’t deal with people who disagree with him when he doesn’t have the ability to refute their points; Keith is afraid to even try to debate anyone and just bans opposing views from his show. Combined with Ed “Please, somebody pay attention” Schultz, it’s a sorry state of affairs at MSNBC when Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow are the most rational voices on the network’s afternoon/evening schedule.

jon1979 on August 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Wow!!!! I made it 2 minutes in. Why any Republican goes on MSNBC for any reason is beyond me. What an unbelievable collection of hacks and activists.

Hog Wild on August 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM

With two children like these, I’m assuming the parents are dead.

JiangxiDad on August 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM
That is one sad family twig.

fourdeucer on August 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Ed on Ed
D. Each talk-over bite has pure conjecture and erroneous.

Never accept an invitation unless prepared to complete your own thoughts without regard to the rude host of distractions.

PayPal easy donation to Schiff’s campaign.

maverick muse on August 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Schiff should have looked into the camera and said “C’mon folks, do you really watch this guy? I apologize, but he obviously wants to do all the talking and not address the issues. Now, please excuse me.” And walk off.

riverrat10k on August 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

C’mon. What do you expect? MSNBC has the same Alinsky-style marching orders from the White House as ACORN, SEIU and all the other liberal thug organizations:

Don’t listen
Shout down
Advance lies
Put words in people’s mouths and, most important of all,
Vilify, vilify, vilify.

PoodleSkirt on August 8, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Well I have a prediction as masterful and insightful as Peter Schiff’s. Like him, all I have to do is look carefully at the facts of history.

If this health care takeover passes, the following will take place during an Obama press-conference in January, 2011. Obama will have been emboldened by an ACORN-tainted victory in 2010. Read it to yourself using Obama’s vocal patterns, you know it’s accurate:

President Obama: Let me be clear, I have been consistent on this. Our health care system is broken. The bipartisan bill we passed in 2009 was a first step, but we need to do more. I have always supported a single-payer plan. To suggest otherwise is to engage in the politics of personal destruction that the people voted against in November. The kind of misrepresentations manufactured on a daily basis by Fox News [laughter from press corps]. It’s time to say enough with the wordsmithing, enough with the slogans. It’s time for universal, single payer health care [applause and whistles from press corps].

You know in your heart this is how things will play out if this government takeover is allowed to take place.

jeff_from_mpls on August 8, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Jeebus, how many straw-men does O’Donnell puke out in this 8 minute “interview”?

StevefromMKE on August 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM

It’s kinda’ hard to believe now, but there was once a time maybe 3-4 years ago when I actually liked watching MSNBC. Back when Imus was on in the erly morning and Joe Scarborough was on in the evening. The network was lib, but all the others were too (Fox excluded) and it was usually reasonably tolerable. It all went downhill once Olbermann showed up. the more I saw of him, the less and less I went to MSNBC.

The last time I actually watched anything on MSNBC was late in the 2008 election season -on Hardball they were having a roundtable discussion of a just-aired Obama infomercial that was supposed to seal the deal for him with the public right before the election, and Rachel Maddow makes some goofy comment about how artfully done the whole production was, and how Obama had her vote right when the vid showed the wind blowing through a field of wheat…

Yeah, right, Rachael. You were really undecided until then. As if. More like he had you the moment he put a “D” in parenths after his name…

Haven’t been back since, and judging from this clip, I haven’t missed much.

djm1992 on August 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Let us NEVER FORGET Lawrence O’Donnell’s STUPIDEST MOMENT EVAH when he refuses to learn about terrorism and instead relies on anti-Bush anecdotes by Bob Woodward

HH: Did you read The Nuclear Jihadist by Douglas Frantz and Catherine Collins?

LO’D: No.

HH: He’s John Kerry’s senior investigator on the Foreign Affairs Committee. Sound pretty reputable to you?

LO’D: Keep going.

HH: The A.Q. Khan network is gone, dismantled.

LO’D: I know they’re gone, and I know, and that’s a great thing. But let’s just get a couple of things straight. Cheney did nothing about it, not one meeting, from the day he was sworn in until September 10th. He did nothing about al Qaeda, nothing about the A.Q. Khan network, nothing.

HH: In the eight years of…

LO’D: The guy wants you to rate his job starting on September 12th. Do you want to start rating the Obama presidency on September 12th of 2009? Do you want to do it that way?

HH: Larry, that’s a specious argument, but I want to get one more piece of data out there. Have you read The Looming Tower yet?

LO’D: No.

HH: What was the last book you read about terrorism?

LO’D: The last…I don’t think I’ve read a book about terrorism.

HH: Ever?

LO’D: No.

HH: About al Qaeda?

LO’D: No.

HH: About…how about the mullahs in Iran?

LO’D: No.

HH: I’m just stunned.

LO’D: Well, I’ll tell you, I’ve read Bob Woodward’s books about the accounts inside the Bush administration from what they were doing from the day they got sworn in, okay?

HH: You’ve never read a book about terrorism?

LO’D: There is no, there is absolutely no evidence, and I defy you today, Hugh,

HH: Larry, you’ve never read a book about terrorism?

LO’D: I defy you to point to me, point to me a citation of one memo or one meeting that Dick Cheney was in where he says anything about al Qaeda.

HH: Larry, I’ve got to go lie down. I really do. Do you think you’re a well-informed MSNBC, by MSNBC standards, do you think you’re above the grade of people on that network?
LO’D: That’s a trick question, Hugh.

HH: You got me.

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KNows ZILCH about Al-Qaeda, Wahabbism, Islam, Bin Laden, Sayyid Qutb, the “honeypot” doctrine, etc…..

….but he knows ALL ABOUT “OMG CHENEY DISREGARDED VAGUE ‘BIN LADEN WILL ATTAK SUMWHERE IN DA USA’ MEMOS!1!!1 ZOUNDS!!11!!!1″

battleoflepanto1571 on August 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Kind of the same here. Before he turned into a nutball, I watched Chris Matthews..that is before my cable provider brought on Fox News. It was all downhill from there.

StevefromMKE on August 8, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Wow, Larry spinning on air for the Dodd’s campaign before it even starts. What a prick.

aikidoka on August 8, 2009 at 1:20 PM

When the “interviewer” said to get you clear on the record… I would have responded “Well, to do that you’re gonna have to shut the hell up and let me answer.”

boomer on August 8, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Lawrence O’Donnell in the prime fo his liberal communist career.

THE CHOSEN ONE on August 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Douchebag bully: “we all understand…”
Schiff: “obviously you don’t”
Douchebag bully: blah blah blah.

I hate that channel.

Johnson on August 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM

What a sh-tstain of a host.

darii on August 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM

faraway on August 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

An Obama Teaching Moment, aka a learning experience. Lesson learned. Schiff will not accommodate the likes of that experience again. If he does, THEN express your disappointment. Right now, its the host who proved himself a buffoon full of sh!t and must be roundly deplored for inaccurately telling his guest what his guest thought without offering the guest a moment to respond.

We’ve seen good people in Schiff’s place before, patiently waited their turn to speak that never arrives, having taken the high road for the moral authority, according to traditional upbringings that promote mutual respect by giving people the benefit of the doubt and trusting that people are “good”. The high road for the moral authority presupposes the opponent is your moral equal. Cowardly bullies like this host never invite you back, having successfully sabotaged the “interview” as a DOA assassination. Did you notice whose microphone was louder, not to mention whose voice was louder, whose face was dominating the camera time, whose face was lit brighter and given close-up to dominate the screen, that Schiff’s face was projected smaller than small from a distant lens trick? That entire snickering studio gang was in on the kill. Media war games have consequences called election results.

maverick muse on August 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM

battleoflepanto1571 on August 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM

+10

I remember that interview. O’Donnell was amazingly stupid.

darii on August 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM

It’s funny how the left consistently does what they accuse others (in this case O’Reilly) of doing.

29Victor on August 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Why would anyone disagreeing with the socialist agenda go on this show? All Larry did was throw out trap after trap, fishing for a sound bite, which I imagine he will cut and paste out of this. Turd.

RalphyBoy on August 8, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Wow. And I thought Hannity was bad about talking over his guests….

ladyingray on August 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

WHAT A JERK!

He didn’t let the guy say hardly a thing and what he did let him say, he then distorted!

rising21 on August 8, 2009 at 1:32 PM

any time at TEMS here at Hot Air.

Ed, book him for sure. We’d all enjoy hearing what Schiff has to say. What an interesting man, to have formulated his thoughts in print so far prior to the unfolding events.

maverick muse on August 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I really wanted to hear what the guy had to say. What I could hear was extremely intelligent.

rising21 on August 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Now you know why liberals think Jon Stewart is more serious than msnbc, he is..

Well Stewart is better at a similar tactic that has the same effect while not making himself look like dirt bag. The set up is
1 Ask question
2 Guy you don’t want to talk starts answering
3 Talk over the guy and put out a quick pre-prepared one liner joke/comment before he knows what’s happening
4 Audience laughs and cheers for the next 30 seconds, derailing the guy before he could answer anything. (You might be able to talk over one guy, you can’t talk over a crowd without amplification.)

Dave_d on August 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Conservatives need to talk over the talk over. Know what you need to say, and complete your thoughts without allowing yourself to be distracted by interruptions.

O’Donnell’s mouth spewed forth sewage like a clogged toilet flowing over non-stop. His face even looked like a toilet.

maverick muse on August 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM

MSNBC, most stupidly networked bigot conglomerate

maverick muse on August 8, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I can’t suffer past about 2minutes of that crap.

O’Donnell is an insufferable douche-bag.

thebronze on August 8, 2009 at 1:39 PM

rising21 on August 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Exactly. I hope that the blogs do more for Schiff than simply report how he was abused.

maverick muse on August 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM

This is Fascism on display. The orders have gone out, and the dogs have been released.

“Punch back twice as hard.”

Saltysam on August 8, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Lawrence O’Donnell is just another slippery mouthed, foul talking MSNBC punk (Matthews, Olbermann, Shuster etc. I’m surprised someone he’s interviewing, doesn’t reach over and smack him in the mouth, or knock a few of his teeth out! Couldn’t happen to a better liberal asshole.

byteshredder on August 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM

do more for Schiff than simply report how he was abused.

maverick muse on August 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM

In fact, ignore it as Schiff oriented. This is just another example to illustrate how the media takes its marching orders from the White House.

Let’s talk about Schiff based on his book, clairvoyance, and candidacy.

Good point, MM.

Saltysam on August 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Gott in himmel….somebody please wake me up when this farcical nightmare is over. I am all for partisanship and honest debate over differing points of view, but I am really beginning to HATE these people.

Huckabye-Romney on August 8, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Scary Larry is SUCH a complete TOOL!!!

“Yer on the campaign trail, you have 30 seconds to give an answer…” and then cuts him off 5 seconds into the answer.

Schiff needed to give it a good old ‘If you’ll just shut for a minute and let me answer…’

Or, as I would prefer, follow through with the Buckley option and just get up and punch his f*#$*%ing lights out.

BigWyo on August 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

“Punch back twice as hard.”

Saltysam on August 8, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I think independents and moderates feel frustrated when they see this kind of “interviews”, it’s counterproductive it just works for the lost hardcore.

the_nile on August 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

From the Townhall HH interview:

HH: Now you’re a lawyer, aren’t you?

LO’D: No.

HH: Okay, you just played one on TV?

LO’D: I do play a lawyer on TV, yeah.

And he just plays a journalist on MSNBC. BADLY.

And yes, he is the most knowledgeable non-journalist playing a journalist on the all-non-journalist MSNBC.

fred5678 on August 8, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Not a fan of Jon Stewart, but I will say, he gave Peter Schiff a much better interview than this moron.

jeridhill on August 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM

That term ‘Free Market’ just scares the piss out of the LibTards…

‘Oh, wait!! You mean I’ll succeed or fail based on performance and hard work??? That’s not FAIR!!!’

BigWyo on August 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Great post, Ed.

Lawrence O is a moron.

therightwinger on August 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Holy crap, can a guest not simply reach across the desk and punch that sh1tbag O’Donnell in the mouth to get him to shut the f@#$ up? I’d pay money to see it.

Midas on August 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM

The funniest thing about the whole thing is that more people probably saw that interview here on HotAir than when it aired live on TV.

I seriously can’t believe anybody watches that channel on their own free will (lunatics and the mentally challenged excluded).

RedbonePro on August 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM

It was dumb of him to agree to appear on MSNBC. I hope he learned not to do so in the future.

James on August 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Saw a bit of Morning Joe the other day with a 5-6 member panel:

Joe: “Uhm OK. Now, is Crazy Larry still here with us?”
O’Donnell: “Well, Lawrence O’Donnell is still here.”

Marcus on August 8, 2009 at 2:19 PM

BakerAllie on August 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Or Schiff could have just done what the Clown in Chief Hussein advised his thugs to do, “Get in their Faces”, “Hit the back twice as hard”.

LMAO …….

Message to O’Donnell: SHUT UP!

BigMike252 on August 8, 2009 at 2:24 PM

This looks like a setup. This interview could be edited for Dodd to use against Schiff if he wins the Republican primary.

Theworldisnotenough on August 8, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I recommend a visit to the Death Panel for O’Donnel.

darwin on August 8, 2009 at 2:29 PM

One question, why do these idiots go on NBC or MSNBC when they know they won’t get a fair shake because they’re not a Democrat?

Jeff from WI on August 8, 2009 at 2:31 PM

BigWyo on August 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

LOL.

I think it would have been much more effective if he had said something like this:

DOUCHBAG: BLAH BLAH ATTACK BLAH BLAH (for the umpteenth time)

SCHIFF: Apparently, you wish to be interviewed on the subject. You just express all your feelings and I’ll just sit back and let you have the entire segment.

DOUCHEBAG: Well, answer this BLAH BLAH ATTACK BLAH BLAH

SCHIFF:(Sits back, folds arms across chest, looks at watch)

DOUCHEBAG: BERATE ATTACK BLAH BLAH

SCHIFF: (Chuckles, remains undeterred with arms across chest, leaning back, looks at watch)

PRODUCER: This is a disaster. Cut to commercial!!!

Discussion during commercial:

Producer: Looks guys, we have four more minutes. Mr. Schiff will you please answer the questions?

Schiff: Sure, let’s get this show on the road.

BACK TO PROGRAM:

SCHIFF: (Arms still folded across chest, smiling patiently, leaning back in chair…looks at watch again)

DOUCHEBAG: So, your idea is to leave people to die in the streets, suck the blood out of all minorities, rape the women, and take all the money and run? Isn’t that it, Mr. Schiff?

SCHIFF: (Looks at watch AGAIN.) Don’t stop now, you still have another 4 minutes to let it all out.

Dead air……

Producer: (Throws head set)

Saltysam on August 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM

faraway on August 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Schiff should have known about this guy.

However, he is right on about cutting the link of healthcare from employers AND cutting income taxes to make up for the taxability of benefits so it is revenue neutral.

This guy knows his stuff.

O’Donnell is a complete ahole but we knew that already.

Sapwolf on August 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I got 2:34 in and it was unwatchable. That is the worst interview ever and that Ed guy is a pompous ass that has no business interviewing anyone. He just kept blurting out things that had nothing to do with what the gentleman was bringing up and was just overwhelmingly rude. He’s considered a news guy? What a laughable joke…..Keep it up MSNBC. There’s a reason you suck…and that video explains it to a ‘T’….

Sponge on August 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM

How can a guy that looks like the “cool dad” be such a d*ck?

The reason tuition goes up is “teacher salaries”? He really thinks professors are getting paid that much more now than they were in the past?

Can’t believe I listened to the whole thing…

JoelD on August 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Jeff from WI on August 8, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Usually they can at least get a sentence in, not in this case however.

You know, if Schiff jumped up and pounded O’Donnel into a crumpled pile on the floor I believe a jury would see it as justifiable.

darwin on August 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Why does any sane person appear on this network?

apoole on August 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I have no idea what kind of ratings that show gets but I would guess they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.

FloatingRock on August 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Which person is running for office?

Herb on August 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

the_nile on August 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I agree. Independents and moderates prefer an ambivalent and subtle approach of free market demonization. This sort of stuff makes them feel uncomfortable.

Saltysam on August 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I wasn’t going to watch the video at all becuase it’s from MS-NBC and I figured what I’d be seeing and hearing was all too predictable… that O’Donnell would front and center of the deep end in the tank for Obama and Obamacare and would be nothing but a cheerleader. The same stands true for ALL of MS-NBC staff and has since Obama started his run.

I made it in 3 minutes and had to shut it off.

Ther only reliable place I can get any info anymore is from a few website blogs where I can see and hear for myself what the kool-aid serving media won’t say or show, and where I don’t have to see and hear this sort of skewed and rude diatribe between a so-called ‘professional’ and an invited guest who hasn’t guzzled the kool-aid.

SilverStar830 on August 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM

If Schifer was Muslim, Larry would have a little more respect.

EscapeVelocity on August 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Obamacare opponent:

I have a problem with government intrusion into healthcare and would seek to eliminate tax subsidies forcing people to buy insurance for normal medical procedures. I am in favor of tax cuts and medical spending accounts allowing people to fund pre-tax these same procedures.

Lib-Tard O’Bot A** Hat:

So you are in favor of doing nothing.

Obamacare opponent:

No. I simply have a problem with allowing the government to make decisions about my personal welfare or to dictate end of life decisions.

Lib-tard O’Bot A** Hat:

Oh…so you are a nazi.

Obamacare opponent:

Uh,….no, not at all. I just have a philosophical problem with allowing the government real-time access to my personal banking accounts and see it as fundamentally un-American and against EVERYTHING the founding fathers stood for, so I plan to oppose these reforms.

Lib-tard O’Bot A** Hat:

You are a racist.

Obamacare opponent:

Um…that’s quite a leap and I am really not. I am just very leery of single payer health care given the OVERWHELMING statistical evidence that similar systems in other countries worsens actual health care and lowers life expectancy well below what we now currently have.

Lib-tard O’bot A** Hat:

You are just a redneck, tea-bagger afraid of change we can believe in. I’m reporting you to the White House.

Obamacare opponent:

Um…ok. I live in Massachusetts and am college educated, but whatever. I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Maybe I’ll see you at the town hall later on? I am going to stop by after work before I have to go food shopping for the family.

Lib-tard O’bot A** Hat:

Oh…I knew it. You’ll be there with your angry mob of fascists and astroturfers trying to disrupt the meeting. Well, my group of Organizing for America patriots will be there in force to stop you from obstructing the change we need. We are meeting at the ACORN office and the SEIU buses will pick us as arranged by Obamacare.com and they will be delivering us all to this townhall meeting. Together we’ll get in your face and use any means necessary to stop you from spreading your violent hate speech.

Obamacare opponent: SIGH

Huckabye-Romney on August 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Disgraceful conduct on O’Donnell’s part. I say that absolutely no conservative goes on MSNBC. It is not like any of the regular viewers are going to vote for you anyway. All they are going to do is yell over you and twist your statements. Go to FoxNews.

TXMomof3 on August 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Wow. Schiff did very well in there. I think I would have thrown something at that idiot in the same situation.

commenter on August 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Here’s my favorite Schiff video – Schiff accurately predicting the current economic mess while conservatives who pose as financial experts laugh at him:

Phildorex on August 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM

rising21 on August 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

He has a weekly podcast. Wall street talk, no bells or whistles. A search on I-Tunes should find it for ya.

Ozprey on August 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM

In fairness to the MSNBC shill, any time Peter Schiff goes on TV he gets treated the same way. Be it CNN, Fox, Fox Business, CNBC, you name it.

angryed on August 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM

O’Donnel is nuts. That man should be locked up in a psych ward.

darwin on August 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM