WH: We’re not collecting names, we’re storing your e-mail addresses

posted at 11:02 am on August 7, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Robert Gibbs assured Jake Tapper that the new White House initiative to get people to snitch on their neighbors for dissenting on ObamaCare had nothing to do with collecting names.  Oh, no — that would not be Hope and Change!  Instead, it has everything to do with collecting our e-mails:

Asked about Cornyn’s letter on Thursday afternoon, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said, “nobody is collecting names.”

The blog and tips email was because, Gibbs said, “we have seen, and as I’ve discussed from this podium, a lot of misinformation around health care reform. Some of it I think spread purposely. We have used on many occasions the Web site to debunk things that are simply not true. We ask people if they have questions about health care reform and about what they’re hearing about its affects on them, to let us know and we’d provide them information to show that that wasn’t true.”

Continued Gibbs: “but nobody is collecting names.”

But …

When asked, Gibbs acknowledged that the White House is required by law to save all correspondence it receives.

“Obviously, the National Archives documents correspondence with the White House,” he said.

That’s besides the point, for the most part.  They didn’t set up a White House e-mail address and an infrastructure to review the traffic it receives in order to just give the National Archives even more work to do.  The National Archives does not require a stimulus package.

The administration clearly wants to activate millions of snoops across America to get tips on what people say about Obama and his health-care plan.  One can parse whether that amounts literally to “taking names,” but its design explicitly demonstrates a desire for the White House to track its political opposition.  If all Obama wanted was a chance to respond to the debate, it could keep its own tabs on arguments made on Capitol Hill during the Congressional actions on ObamaCare bills.  They can also easily keep an eye on lobbying groups and their public campaigns without creating a vast network of snitches to do it.

Gibbs’ answer is disingenuous.  The better question is why the White House created its snitch line in the first place.

Update: The boss has more on the people who run Snitch Center at the White House.

Comments

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Did you find a room for the rally?

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Which war are you referring to?

Those brown-shirts (i.e, better known as the gray panther set) showing up to TownHalls versus the Dem congressmen just trying to have a conversation. *haha

AnninCA on August 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM

gopmom: why aren’t you letting your daughter go with you to a townhall?

i encourage young people to get involved, even if they aren’t of my political stripe (some young people just need to see facts).

kelley in virginia on August 7, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I am sure she is concerned for her safety. I am not bringing my kids to the rally in DC.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM

My point is they’re reacting by doing the only thing they know how to do … even if it’s hurts them.

darwin on August 7, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I guess the best question to ask then is what could they do differently? Short of the filthy liar going in front of TOTUS in a prime time event and telling the people that he really blew it and had overstepped by spending too much and trying to ram too much legislation through without bipartisan support…… What should the filthy liar and his party be doing?

I honestly think they are stuck in a trap of their own making. They cannot back down for a variety of political reasons including what is expected of them by the special interests that were promised radical change once the Democrats had unquestioned control of both the Executive and Legislative branches. The way the filthy liar has tried to demonize the GOP for simple dissent proves that he is not open to any sort bipartisan approach even though he campaigned on that very promise. In short, the left cannot back down from what they have done to date and they can’t moderate their positions with bipartisanship because of the way they’ve used the GOP and GWB as an excuse for all their failures. It’s full speed ahead for the most corrupt adminstration ever.

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if the democrats do like they did in in the 1950’s and turned dogs and waterhoses on the protesters.

*paging Bull Connor*

SouthernGent on August 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM

We can hope.
But I’m betting they will not be so nice.

jmarcure on August 7, 2009 at 11:40 AM

We need to check and see if Obama was a voluntary hall monitor in elementary school.

“Hey, stop running…I got your name!”

“You, take off that hat….I got your name!”

“I heard you saying bad things about the Prinicpal….I got your name too!”

BobMbx on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM
Did you find a room for the rally?
TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Gonna look into it this week

I’ll try to coincide with your stay

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

*paging Bull Connor*

SouthernGent on August 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I am okay with waterhoses, but I DO NOT DO DOGS! You would see a grown woman cry.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

…the first war time wave [of arrests] was for those spreading rumors and panic.

p.78 Vol I The Gulag Archipelago

Disturb the Universe on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Let things reach their zenith

we should be peaceful but forceful
let them intimate us

Americans who are not beholden to the far left will see this and be turned off to the democrats

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I read this crazy thing over on HuffPo (after I was directed to a different article over there). It’s a comment made on a review of a book about countering negative people in your life.

Anyway, perhaps this is a tactic that can be applied on our Union friends at our town halls:

Christ said do good to your enemies. Give your enemy a drink of water.

My son had a kid that was aggravating him everyday at school. I told, tomorrow, before he says anything to you do something or say something nice to him. Get him something he needs. give him a warm greeting. If he picks on you, tell him it doesnt bother you because you like him—tell him he;s a good guy.

What this does is this. If you tell people lies about themselves–such as they have a good heart etc. Some will actually try and be what you project on them. You pour water on a fire when you meet strife with kindness. If the person is normal they will feel guilty.

(This link to the article is provided for citation purposes only. I wasted my time reading it so that you don’t have to).

misslizzi on August 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Hilton Garden Inn, Arlington

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Dear White Housey,

Store this you poopheads. I’ll be ready.

Lincoln Cadillac on August 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM

AnninCA on August 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I’m not sure if it’s meant to be a conversation – A lot of the time Congressmen are expecting to use the bully pulpit to sell the plan and don’t expect any tough questions.

Chainsaw56 on August 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I guess the best question to ask then is what could they do differently?

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Hmmmmm … well, since this is a Marxist administration, nothing. They’re doing what Marxists do. Unfortunately for them, the United States is unlike any other country in the world and the Marxist rules of play don’t have the same effect they do in other countries.

I agree and think they’re stuck “in a trap of their own making”. How far they want to carry this out is up to them but they’re already heavily on the defensive. The more they continue their assault the worse it gets for them.

People are supposed to fold when they unleash their intimidation tactics. It isn’t happening and they don’t know what to do except escalate it.

darwin on August 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM

don’t think the administration is starting a hit list. That’s about as far out as calling the protesters organized by lobbyists.

Why is that ‘far out’? Acorn didn’t get people to show up in huge numbers for anything I guess huh. The SEIU isn’t not showing up at town halls to do what they do best…try to intimidate using up to mild violence.

It’s not illegal or immoral to organize either. The administration is trying to make it look that way to discourage people from coming and voicing their displeasure at this utter garbage constantly coming from Washington. Funny how it was the exact opposite during the election.

It’s pretty obvious when you look at who is protesting that they are anything but organized

And yet the WH wants everyone to believe it’s nefarious and tacitly illegal RIGHT WING groups illegitimately disrupting these gatherings…which by the way, there is nothing wrong with doing. Just ask the left wingers that do it all the time.

And the WH isn’t compiling secret lists for nefarious reasons, either.

And you know this because you trust gibbs so much, and obama could never do anything like that, huh. Only someone like Nixon could keep enemy lists….

Both extreme perspectives are unconvincing to me, anyway.

Extremes usually only bracket the truth, but the truth isn’t always good either. If the extreme were a marxist fascist dictatorship, would socialism without democracy be much better? In your mind I think it would be.

I do think it was an incredibly stupid PR move. WH communications team idea, perhaps?

It’s sort of funny watching Gibbs have to defend this nutty move.

Gibbs is a doofus mouth piece. I think he regrets taking that position now since he’s not even very good at it. We should be thankful he’s such a doofus too, imagine what it’d be like if Rahm were doing that job. We’d have a full blown shooting war by now if her were I think.

AnninCA on August 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Spiritk9 on August 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I’ve posted this somewhere this morning but it bears repeating. We’ve watched Congressmen sit in stunned disbelief at the anger from their constituents. We’ve also seen a sea change where the filthy liar and his party are striking back by making it harder for legitimate constituents to have their voices heard through gimmicks like teleconferencing in the politician, packing the audience with union and other proponents of nationalizing healthcare, and of course posting thugs at the doors who have physically attacked constituents.

The 9/12 rally is another thing altogether. I’m just wondering how more vocal and well-attended this event will be in light of an administration who is working overtime to make sure that the only voices that are heard are friendly to the administration.

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM

The pressure levels are rising but hopefully it will be some leftist wingnut who punches first. It won’t help with the MSM coverage but MSM is losing its cred along with Bama, since the two are so intertwined.

This is destabilization of the country…pure Alinsky/Lenin/Chavez. A read cynic would say Bama wants this to enable Holder to justify “crisis” interventions such as federal seizure of firearms, martial law and perhaps suspension of elections. There is plenty of law against such actions but Bama will use our own tax money against us, sort of a national Katrina/Ray Nagin “sue me if you don’t like it” approach, to make it stick. In the meantime, what happens to us?

Winning is everything for Bama and his cadre. Not the merits or through “robust debate”. So if the merits won’t carry the day, they have a real emotional problem, which could be solved by a major “crisis”.

Trusting Bama fails the pancake test. Lots of little lies and/or inconsistencies of small consequence by themselves pile up like a stack of pancakes. Sooner or later, the stack falls over. Then you have to stand back and ask just what the hell is going on here?

Each person has their own stack, mine fell over before the election. Bama’s path and rhetoric are what I thought they would be, he is getting found out for what he really is faster than I thought, though. Liars, whores and bigots from the left. Overmatches anything I have ever seen on the right in sheer volume.

We have to keep cool, but press on, harder. Take the high road. The leftists cannot do this, they are animated by hate for those of lesser intelligence and morality than they.

Harry Schell on August 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Do you have a link for this rally?

Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

“Hey, stop running…I got your name!”

“You, take off that hat….I got your name!”

“I heard you saying bad things about the Prinicpal….I got your name too!”

BobMbx on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Good luck digging up those academic records. They’ll start calling you a “schooler.”

Western_Civ on August 7, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Isn’t it ironic that OG Obama, head of the Gangster Disciples, is encouraging people to snitch?

Those boys on the South Side hold “Stop the Snitching” as their mantra.

JohnGalt23 on August 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM
Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

It will be huge! They have angered and motivated people who have never been the type to protest. People are sick and tired of being ignored. We will be heard.
Laura,

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Gibbs’ answer is disingenuous. The better question is why the White House created its snitch line in the first place.

I hope .. hope… hope… they are stupid enough to create an ObamaCare “fact list” and send it out to the email addresses they are going to “store”. I can just imagine the reaction on the receiving end when one of those “stored” email addressees opens a personal message from Dear Leader right there on their very own computer. This will be the spammer from h3ll … the email list you can never unsub from … as Mrs. O said.. Obama will never allow you to go back to being uninformed… you will have no choice.

Texas Gal on August 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Pretty good link from the Belmont Club. Make sure to read wretchard’s comment #21.

a capella on August 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

What I am bringing to the D.C. rally…

1. The Lone Star flag.

2. The Zavala flag.

Y’all can bring what you want.

Limerick on August 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Thank you. I’ll either be on a train to the protest or a train to the camps, which ever comes first.

Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

AnninCA on August 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM

You must be talking about the unions.

Johan Klaus on August 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

You know that they want to do that, and they know most people aren’t buying the complete fiction that disarming the innocent will protect the innocent. So they need to come up with some incremental way of disarming the law-abiding or do it all in one fell swope.
Consider that the ‘crisis’ that they will want to ‘Use’ could be a terrorist attack that they are almost encouraging on a daily basis.

Harry Schell on August 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Agreed, their arrogance will be their downfall.

Chainsaw56 on August 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Code Fink

Maquis on August 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM

…Consider that the ‘crisis’ that they will want to ‘Use’ could be a terrorist attack that they are almost encouraging on a daily basis…

Chainsaw56 on August 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I all too much agree with you. I don’t readily agree, but something is coming down the pike. I wouldn’t have considered it six months ago or even three but now I almost expect it.

Is that the Reichstag that I smell burning?

Liam on August 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Code Fink

Maquis on August 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM

+10

Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Cutlet,

You’ve got mail.

Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I told my husband we will book our train tickets this weekend. We’re near Boston so we can come down for just a day. Too busy with kid, school, our own business to be there for the whole event. But this past week has convinced us we need to be there.

Thank you HotAir and commenters for the inspiration.

gopmom on August 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM

kelley in virginia on August 7, 2009 at 11:33 AM

She’s been with us all along. She passed out flags at the Boston Tax Day Tea Party. But after watching the videos yesterday, I can only imagine how ugly things might get here in MA. I’m still on the fence. Normally, she would be there.

gopmom on August 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM

BobMbx on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Good luck finding those records.

gopmom on August 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM

We have to keep cool, but press on, harder. Take the high road. The leftists cannot do this, they are animated by hate for those they think are of lesser intelligence and morality than they.

Harry Schell on August 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

FIFY

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Scum.

One of my few claims to great success in this life is getting my two daughters well in their college career and public awareness phases of life fully aware of these racialist, leftist, lying, thuggish kleptocrats.

They see things.

Jaibones on August 7, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Texas Gal on August 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Two strokes. Select All, delete

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Y’all can bring what you want.

Limerick on August 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Well, if you’re going unarmed — and I don’t necessarily recommend it — I hope you have a good, solid walking stick or cane, or a pitchfork. And something that lights up … like a torch. Maybe a hot tar machine.

Jaibones on August 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Laura
you got mail!

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM

They still have 35 days to ban all demonstrations in the D.C. area.

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM

The administration is using this as one tactic to scare people from disseminating information and organizing people who disagree with them and stand in their way. In addition to packing town hall meetings with union people and and using the police to prevent people from talking, as in that video from B.R. They’re going to be very surprised when they see that this has only incited the usually very quiet conservatives to organize more. We need to form our own “union”.

mph on August 7, 2009 at 12:22 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM
They still have 35 days to ban all demonstrations in the D.C. area.

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Well, that’s fine. They don’t have the space of the man power to lock us all up. We will all just run in different directions. :0)

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Going OT here, from a Green Room story about today’s Rasmussen poll:

…voters overwhelmingly agree that the average congressman listens most to party leaders rather than the voters they represent – by a 73% to 14% margin…

To me, this is the most important tally of the poll–more firepower for us, I like to think.

Liam on August 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Two strokes. Select All, delete

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I think you miss my point. I’ve already snitched on myself and sent them my email address.

I hope Obama does it, it’ll raise the pissed off factor to the ‘enth degree. It’s one thing to deal with male enhancement email spammers but receiving propaganda from Obama as a daily diet is likely to push a lot of people over the edge.

Texas Gal on August 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM

What do you want to bet Amtrack and the Metro will have “service issues” that day?

Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

They can try that, I guess. We are flying American, I can’t see them being about to shut down Reagan and Dulles. When I went to the party on Tax Day, they pulled the stage permit at the Treasury Building at the last minute. We made do, I don’t care if there are speakers there or not. I want bodies, a mass of conservative humanity, that they cannot ignore.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 12:30 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM

As a marathoner and running coach if they don’t catch me in the 1st 100 yds they will never catch me.

I agree they don’t have the ability to arrest us all but I wouldn’t put it past them to try to ban it to scare normally law abiding people away.

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 12:30 PM

We need a back-up T-shirt in case of crack-down. I suggest a uniform T-shirt for HASCU Local #1775. Nominations are now being accepted for officers of Hot Air Snarky Commenters Union.

Laura in Maryland on August 7, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Here is the text of the e-mail I sent to the snitch e-mail address:

Comrades! I want to thank you for this wonderful opportunity to turn in those thought criminals and wreckers who want to sabotage the wonderful plans of our Dear Leader, President HoneckerObama! Long may they languish in their prison cells in the gulag!

First, I wish to denounce Winston Smith, 1984 Orwell Road, New London, Connecticut. Comrade Smith is an irredeemable thought criminal who does not have sufficient zeal in his support for DemSoc. I overheard him say that President Honecker’sObama’s health care plan will ration care for senior citizens on Medicare, and deny them treatments because they are “not cost effective.” Send him to Room 101 where he belongs!

Second, I wish to denounce John Galt, 1 Objectivist Way, Galt’s Gulch, Colorado. He’s guilty of being a selfish, greedy capitalist and exploiting the working class. His girfriend, Dagny Taggart, of the same address, is equally guilty. They both said that it’s not their responsibility to be taxed in order to provide health care for illegal immigrants and other layabouts too lazy to earn their own health care. Not only should they be sent to the gulag, but their taxes should be raised much higher so that they can pay their fair share of the health care bill! Nobody should be allowed to “shrug” off their debt to society!

Finally, I must also turn myself in, because I have had my own doubts about whether President Honecker’sObama’s health care plan can be implemented without bankrupting the country. Wow, that sounds “fishy” to me! So tell me which prison camp I’m supposed to report to. I understand that President HoneckerObama will make sure that the trains are running on time.

And as someone who served in the Army in West Berlin in the late 1980s, this all seems very familiar to me, except that it was on the OTHER side of the Berlin Wall that people were snitching on each other to the Stasi. I never thought I’d see it in America. “Hope and change,” right, comrades? It’s the East GermanAmerican Way!

Say “hi” to President HoneckerObama for me and have a nice day.

Clyde

ClydeS on August 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Texas Gal on August 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

didn’t miss your point. My wife signed an online petition against an Obama initiative and we started getting unsolicited e-mail from one of his organizing sites. We now have to delete the incoming crap from that site as we can’t get unregistered. So we are one of those teed off people.

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM

So they asked for tips on what people are saying, but they now say they’re going to ignore the tips and send advertising messages to their loyal participants.

They’re not evil name collectors, they’re just name collecting liars. And you can trust that they’re not lying about this.

HotWeaver on August 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Chainsaw56 on August 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Is that the Reichstag that I smell burning?
Liam on August 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM

That’s one of those things that you Really, Really hope you’re wrong on. But it’s something people need to keep in the back of their minds.
I don’t think anyone has any illusions that there won’t be another large scale attack – they will have to “Top themselves” in comparison to 9/11.
The big question is going to be how will the government react to such an attack?

Chainsaw56 on August 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Code Fink
Maquis on August 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM

+1000

Chainsaw56 on August 7, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Guys, have you seen this yet? (Via Drudge)

OBAMA: ‘I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess’

I guess that means he’s going to order a few purges in the future…

newton on August 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Woodrow Wilson threw thousands of people in jail for opposing his policies. One guy ended up in the slammie for expressing insufficient support for war bonds in his own home.

There was no uprising, no “seeding the soil of liberty with the blood of tyrants,” nothing. Just a bunch of mopes sitting in jail because that’swhere POTUS wanted them. Oh, and it was civilian spies in POTUS’s employ who ratted them out.

Akzed on August 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM

This is what I emailed them:

I found this quotation by a leading member of the Obama
administration. She should be silenced before she does any damage.
All Hail.

“I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you
disagree with this administration somehow you’re not patriotic. We
should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate
and disagree with any administration.”

— Hillary Clinton, 2003

antoniojvr on August 7, 2009 at 12:55 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 12:30 PM

You do realize that both airports are owned by the government right?

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I’ll try to coincide with your stay

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Is this group going? I have flights purchased but believe we’ll be alone at the rally. also, I won’t fly on 9/11. Going in on 9/10.

Key West Reader on August 7, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Key West Reader on August 7, 2009 at 12:56 PM

im not sure totally when and if ill be there

craziness abounds in september for me
im gonna try

i can fly for free whenever, so thats not a problem, just having the time to do so

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 12:57 PM

newton on August 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM

“the folks who created the mess” were in the Bush Admin? Or is he talking about Dodd and Frank and Raines etc?

antoniojvr on August 7, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Brilliant!

Akzed on August 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Boy !!!

I’m sure glad I didn’t vote for that Immigrant Loving McCain.

franksalterego on August 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM

If you haven’t seen it yet, please go to hopenchange.blogspot.com and check out the comics and posters on that site. Not as elegant as Ramirez, but certainly sharp and funny.

SKYFOX on August 7, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I’m sure glad I didn’t vote for that Immigrant Loving McCain.

franksalterego on August 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM

There is a difference between immigrants and illegal aliens.

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I added this too, IT is dumb and not well thought out.

Dr Evil on August 7, 2009 at 1:14 PM

There is a difference between immigrants and illegal aliens.

highhopes on August 7, 2009

So true. Without immigration my wife would have been born in Poland. Her parents did it the right way and shared in the bounty of this (once and future) great and free land.

SKYFOX on August 7, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Chainsaw56 on August 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM

There won’t be any large scale Terrorist attacks from Al Q for the next couple of years.

Bin Ladin, if you read his writings, is an educated Smart man… he has read history, and can see that we are in the process of destroying ourselves.

All he has to do is be patient… and wait… and America will no longer be a threat to the Caliphate.

Romeo13 on August 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM

bloviator on August 7, 2009 at 1:21 PM

:-)
tee hee

cmsinaz on August 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Liam on August 7, 2009

Let’s see…The far left believes most American wars are racist as demonstrated by the fact the wars are fought against brown or yellow people (their description, not mine).
The last war fought by a Democratic president was a distraction from ongoing turmoil ala Clinton who launched an attack on Serbians (white people). Russia is saber rattling and chatter has it there may be trouble in Georgia…and once again a democratic presidency is in turmoil and Joe Biden called Russia weak recently (baiting).

Just something to think about.

Goodeye_Closed on August 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I am not bringing my kids to the rally in DC.
TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009

What rally?

Goodeye_Closed on August 7, 2009 at 1:31 PM

nevermind…i finished reading and saw the link to rally

Goodeye_Closed on August 7, 2009 at 1:40 PM

PLEASE, everybody make it to the DC Tea Party on 9/12.

If we hit a million, then it is hell for Obama and his attempts to take complete control of the economy and healthcare.

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 2:01 PM

The capacity of the Americans’ no-longer-federal government to spend as much as some $3,500,000,000,000 per year seems necessarily to lead to war and oppression. Cities, states, companies, and millions of people think they stand to gain or lose, depending on their control of the multi-trillion dollar Swiss Army knife the so-called “federal” government has become.

I’m doubtful that a federal government can be restored. That is, it’s not plain to me how the so-called “federal” government can be restored to constitutional bounds, to such an extent that it won’t soon decay again into war and oppression. I doubt it can be done by means that conform to the laws, for the laws themselves articulate, extend, and defend the growing power of the so-called “federal” government. I don’t see how federal government can be restored by constitutional means. But most of all, I don’t see how federal government can be restored by means that would allow decent men to sleep at night, nor which wicked means would be likely to do more than just make the problems worse.

It seems good government will have to be studied and taught again, and thus preparations may be made for some remote, future opportunity. The near future seems to require choices among risks of oppression, war, and fragmentation.

Kralizec on August 7, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Akzed on August 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Americans have no idea what a complete statist Wilson was.

We don’t teach history anymore.

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Fuck it!

I’m driving to DC and peeling out in my Honda on that Mall lawn doing figure 8’s and tearing up the newly planted turf if they shut down the Metro and airport.

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Anybody notice that the guy who was attacked by the SEIU thugs in ST. Louis was a black conservative?

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM

When Bush was spying on terrorists the left went crazy.

Obama is spying on American citizens who oppose his views….meh, what’s the big deal?

angryed on August 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM

WH: We’re not collecting names, we’re storing your e-mail addresses

Collect this!!!

capejasmine on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Manly has the video up with the people who attacked the black conservative.

Knocked him to the ground.

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM

That guy is today’s Crispus Attucks

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM

American Power tracked-back with, “‘Nobody is Collecting Names’ – Obama Truth Squads Alter the Truth!”:

Donald Douglas on August 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM

What I am bringing to the D.C. rally…

1. The Lone Star flag.

2. The Zavala flag.

Y’all can bring what you want.

Limerick on August 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Sadly, I’m from IL… but I wish I was from Texas.

If I could go, I’d bring this flag.

Chaz706 on August 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM

NOTE: If you don’t know what Goatse is, for the sweet love of merciful God, DON’T LOOK IT UP.

fusionaddict on August 7, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I’m not sure if that’s something I’d wish on my worst enemy.

Chaz706 on August 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM