Video: The two faces of Obama

posted at 7:59 pm on August 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Nuance, the video.” Greg Hengler of Townhall stitched this together from the same speech this morning in which The One informed conservatives that talky time is over. As infuriating as that was, you’ll find it twice as infuriating in context. This clip really is exactly as advertised, showcasing both the myth of Obama that the media’s happily carried forth and the reality of what kind of politician he is when his agenda’s threatened. Amazing that with his approval rating slipping and anger getting hotter every day, he’d still feel confident enough to contradict himself this blatantly in the same speech. It’s practically a taunt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Ampersand on August 7, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Hey, don’t bust on the Shogun of Harlem. I love that movie :)

Wolftech on August 8, 2009 at 12:40 AM

It’s practically a taunt.

No it IS a taunt. Let’s answer it on 9/12 in DC.

Christian Conservative on August 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Are you on crack? Seriously dude..McCain sucked, but the so-called ‘ultra-cons’ like me voted for that idiot anyway…now what was your point again?

AUINSC on August 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Thank-you I was thinking the same thing.

It was people who nominated the idiot who should be apologizing, not those of us who held our noses and voted for him.

Please, no more media darlings as Republican candidates — they are only going to get trounced. After all, why else would the media love them?

AZfederalist on August 8, 2009 at 12:44 AM

The real enemy here is the speaker in the video. The US has a Constitution that was designed to prevent any one person from assuming unbridled power. It is clear and evident that the person in the video resents that and is going to work as hard as he can to bypass those pesky checks on his power.

AZfederalist on August 8, 2009 at 12:46 AM

AZfederalist on August 8, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Saltysam on August 8, 2009 at 12:56 AM

God, how I hate this lying, smug, preening, jerk.

AUINSC on August 8, 2009 at 1:07 AM

He must have had one teleprompter telling him one way and the other teleprompter telling him the other way. Sort of like the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. Dr. Obama and Mr. Hussein.

Christian Conservative on August 8, 2009 at 1:47 AM

I prefer to think one opinion is Telepromptered, the other is off the cuff. But which is which?

n0doz on August 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM

oh I know…he talks funny, and we are simple redneck folk from the South.

Did one person here see this on MSM?

Me here from flyover Country must have missed it – as I got off my 8 hour shift, my 2 hour commute and my chores…

seesalrun on August 8, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Don’t look now, but there’s a boob on that clip. No, I don’t mean the Virginia flag, either.

cackcon on August 8, 2009 at 2:54 AM

The Precedent is just insane.

It’s either The Precedent or the US. Only one will emerge from this historic disaster.

progressoverpeace on August 8, 2009 at 4:35 AM

jerk smirk.

Mommypundit on August 8, 2009 at 5:41 AM

“The two faces of Obama”

That part is certainly right!

GFW on August 8, 2009 at 6:42 AM

n0doz on August 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM

“We need to listen” was written by his speech flack. “STFU” was off the cuff and ‘da real man.

Rod on August 8, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Is it my imagination, or does his inflection,accent and pronunciation change as he goes along? I guess he morphs back into Barry Soetoro,(or whomever)the street kid when he talks to some audiences.

Mr. Grump on August 8, 2009 at 8:15 AM

I had a bit of a surprise at last night’s Green Day concert in NOLA. (yea…yea…i know…but i can disagree with their politics and still enjoy the music).

Anyway, Obama’s name was flashed on the big screen, and was met with a very hardy round of boos.

I got a good chuckle out of it.

Lotsa young people in the audience, so maybe there is hope for the next generation.

soundingboard on August 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM

So he’s a narcissist AND has a split personality. He needs to see a psychiatrist.

becki51758 on August 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM

So he’s a narcissist AND has a split personality. He needs to see a two psychiatrists.

becki51758 on August 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM

soundingboard on August 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM

He needs to see a two psychiatrists

I don’t think that’s covered under obamacare.

peacenprosperity on August 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM

What a piece of sh!t this president is.

pompous marxist mother f#cker.

He should tell the democrats to shut up then since they created the community reinvestment act that started this whole mess with subprime mortgages.

ANd he should tell himself to shut the f#ck up since he was the attourney advising the “community Organizer” group that sued the banks in chicago to force them to lend to cridit risky individuals under the community reinvestment act…and that ruling led to the unwilling lowering of standards for lending across the nations in fear of retaliatory lawsuits.

This f@cking liar has some balls to talk about the people who created the mess he is “cleaning up.”

BillaryMcBush on August 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

What’s up with the southern drawl? Why does every (Democratic) politician do this?

Seixon on August 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Amazing. Obama has no shame.

WannabeAnglican on August 8, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Obama, the DNC and Democratic Congress members are underestimating the number of Democrats (and others who voted for Obama) who are not for this health care program or feel it is being rushed through without all the facts being known.

Lose the base, lose the race.

albill on August 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I see he has his Deep South persona on display as well. Someone should tell him that Northern Virginia really isn’t the South at all anymore.

MarkABinVA on August 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM

You guys are so bias. You didn’t show the part where a woman on wheelchair was brought to the stage and Chairman Obama made her walk.

This douchebag went from dummy to scary. Twenty years in Trinity United Loonies are coming back to roost.

Michelle Dubois on August 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Bias=biased

Michelle Dubois on August 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

AZFederalist I think the GOP should IMMEDIATELY CLOSE all its primaries so Dems cannot vote in them, like do it yesterday man.

I think Axelrasputin ‘helped’ pick your candidate. I know he selected mine…ugh

ginaswo on August 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM

soundingboard
that is AWESOME anecdotal evidence, IMO far more important than any biased oversampled polling we get…

ginaswo on August 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM

They run the whole show. Why hasn’t cap and trade and Obooba care become law yet, because Republicans are still allowed to voice opinions?

Akzed on August 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Time for someone to make an Obama/Harvey Dent/Two-Face poster. That should really cheese off the Liberals.
And as a side bonus, it would immediately be called racist (for no good reason, of course).
See here:

OxyCon on August 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Par for the course for Obama I’m afraid.

Yakko77 on August 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I am with you. Your comment captures my reaction perfectly. No more talking.

Proud Texan on August 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Obama has a lot more than 2 faces !!!

bayview on August 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

“… Which Obama do you believe?”

Is that a trick question?

RD on August 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

OxyCon on August 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Yes, “racist” has become the scarlet letter used to paint anyone who disagrees with the leftist agenda. It no longer exclusively refers to any non-black who disagrees with a black person about nothing in particular. (Or any non-Latino who disagrees with a Latino about nothing in particular.)

How does society take back the term “racist” and restore it to its rightful meaning? And who in society has the power to do this, whether to point out to society at large how far the term has fallen, or to pronounce it ‘restored’ to its rightful meaning?

RD on August 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM

AZfederalist on August 8, 2009

I know I put that damned legislative branch somewhere. Let me check my other pocket. No, I’ve got the Supreme Court in that one. Maybe it’s in my other pants…you know, the mom jeans.

SKYFOX on August 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

We are flying into Reagan and staying in Arlington.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Hopfully, I’ll get to meet many of you when you are down here.

Red State State of Mind on August 8, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Well, Barry does have a point. There is a lot less arguing when only the people who argee are allowed to talk. I mean, c’mon, let’s be pragmatic here, guys.

bitsy on August 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM

OxyCon on August 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

You are racist for even thinking of making a poster without a halo.

bitsy on August 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Has anybody made a complete list of people, institutions and industries that the Obama administration or the Democrat Congress have singled out for attack, called greedy, unpatriotic and so on? I mean, just in the last 8 months?

el gordo on August 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Video: The two faces of Obama

Are you kidding? two faces? this Idiot is Sybil for crying out loud. And the biggest duffus in America.

ajmontana on August 8, 2009 at 7:58 PM

“I’ve got an ‘Amen Corner’ right here!”

That’s about all he’s got.

bluelightbrigade on August 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM

When he goes all “preacher” on us, I breath easier. It means he is in such friendly territory, he feels safe to be himself. I know I can just sit back and let the BS float by. It’s classic Obama – are you with me? Notice he doesn’t say that in open, public venues. He’s a clown and it’s time for the show to move on.

gopmom on August 9, 2009 at 7:50 AM

This administration has made it difficult to tell the difference between cotton candy and insulation.

But they will tell you that cotton candy will kill you faster than the insulation.

MSGTAS on August 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Janus, thy name is Obama.

Janus, two-faced Roman god, god of gates and doors, beginnings and endings, and hence represented with a double-faced head.

Perhaps Obama would make a good doorman?

coldwarrior on August 10, 2009 at 1:56 AM

so what happens next. We are all preaching to the choir. We are all aware that bambi is a total and complete liar and will stop at nothing to retain power. What are we doing about it? Where the hell are the Republicans? Where the hell is Steele and any other voices of reason. Rush, Hannity, Levin, and on and on but where are the (R) Senators and Congressman. Where is the minority leader? He should be center stage all day every day. Not a word!!!

highninside on August 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM

What a smug, disgusting communist.

AM I WRONG, VIRGINIA??