Obama: “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking”

posted at 1:33 pm on August 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

Can you blame him? You’re racists, you’re Nazis, and you’re political terrorists. Why should he listen?

Memo to The One from Peggy Noonan: “You are terrifying us.”

What the town-hall meetings represent is a feeling of rebellion, an uprising against change they do not believe in. And the Democratic response has been stunningly crude and aggressive. It has been to attack. Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the United States House of Representatives, accused the people at the meetings of “carrying swastikas and symbols like that.” (Apparently one protester held a hand-lettered sign with a “no” slash over a swastika.) But they are not Nazis, they’re Americans. Some of them looked like they’d actually spent some time fighting Nazis…

All of this is unnecessarily and unhelpfully divisive and provocative. They are mocking and menacing concerned citizens. This only makes a hot situation hotter. Is this what the president wants? It couldn’t be. But then in an odd way he sometimes seems not to have fully absorbed the awesome stature of his office. You really, if you’re president, can’t call an individual American stupid, if for no other reason than that you’re too big. You cannot allow your allies to call people protesting a health-care plan “extremists” and “right wing,” or bought, or Nazi-like, either. They’re citizens. They’re concerned. They deserve respect.

Like Ace says: It is breathtaking.

Update (Ed): Maybe Obama should listen to his Secretary of State’s words from 2003:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:30 PM

The high school drop outs think Democrats do a bang up job of running the schools the high school dropouts didn’t graduate from.

They’ll keep on electing Democrats, even though they can’t read the ballot.

NoDonkey on August 7, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Please read my statement on the health care debate, and watch this video of Rep. Michele Bachmann’s speech on the floor of the House of Represenatives.

izoneguy on August 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM

My apology to del Dolemonte was on the previous page, I just want to make sure you see it.

thanks

bullseye on August 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM

bullseye on August 7, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Buddy, don’t beat yourself up too much :)

The taste of feet kinda grows on ya….I should know….just keep some breath mints handy.

LimeyGeek on August 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Iver Bogen sounds like either an astroturfer or an anagram.

From Progressive Action:

Iver Bogen, Progressive Action Secretary

Iver Bogen is one of the founding members of Progressive Action. He taught Psychology at the University of Minnesota, Duluth, and on the Morris Campus from 1961 to 1997. In his own words, Mr. Bogen describes his interest in progressive politics: “I have always been active in political concerns It is evident that public policy often works a hardship on people—for example, lack of universal health care, current drug laws, lack of affordable housing, GLBT issues, women’s health issues (re abortion and emergency contraception), and ad infinitum. Progressive Action is active in creating supportive government and backing political candidates who are progressive. It has been very positive being involved with people who care about people.”

Iver has also served as a board and committee member for CHUM (Churches United in Ministry), Treasurer and board member for the First Unitarian Church, Chair of the local ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) chapter, and Co-Chair of UMD Faculty Against the War in Iraq.

Lying and obfuscation are his strong suits. Just to make the picture a little clearer, chum is shark bait.

Way to go “Dolt-emonte” – another stupid post squashed by the “Internets.”

ExpressoBold on August 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Read up on Marx/Engels. History is a series of class struggles. Change does not come about without violence as the old power structure will never step aside peacefully.

They see conservatism as being the old power structure, and they are seeking to destroy it. “Counter-revolutionary” and “forces of reaction” are two terms that come to mind.

Also, the birth certificate issue and this resistance to BarryCare are analogous to the Confederates firing on Fort Sumter if one prefers to look at the situation in traditional American terms.

Try as I may to put the tinfoil hat aside, I can’t help but to reach the same conclusions; the Marxists are indeed attempting a takeover and they are goading the American people into actions that will give them the excuse to accrue and exercise even more power.

I am hard-pressed to think of any group or belief that the Leftists don’t support who they haven’t insulted, verbally attacked or mocked over the last decade including our troops…and I’m only thinking of elected officials!

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 7, 2009 at 4:38 PM

If you stop trying to make sense out of this madness…the truth will set you free.

These ass clowns are intentionally trying their hardest to completely destroy this country. There are no other reasonable explanations for the governmental cramdowns that have been going on since January.

They don’t want your input, your objections or your “robust debate”.

It matters not. It will be their way and they completely own you. The ONLY option is to resist and fight. Passive observation and feeling helpless, or hoping somebody else will do something to stop it, is over.

The current occupier of the White House has mistakenly taken his narrow defeat of a tepid GOP nominee to justify a mandate for the tranformation of the United States.

His values are not our values. His vision is not our vision.

His time has come to see that we will NOT take this anymore.

Submit or resist. Those are your options and it is as simple as that.

Flyboy on August 7, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Sorry for not bending over and taking it. We’re fighting back. Get over it.

crr6 on August 7, 2009 at 1:42 PM

LOL…”fighting back”? It’s more like the lefties are committing slow, ritual self-disembowelment. It’s a joy to behold.

ddrintn on August 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Del Dolemonte,

Preview what you type before you post, please. Your post on Iver Bogen was so badly done that many readers took your post as the opposite of what you intended. YOU bear the responsibility to post what you mean clearly and with the appropriate tags.

BE CLEAR, MAN!

Thank you!

ExpressoBold on August 7, 2009 at 4:48 PM

bullseye on August 7, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Not a problem.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:50 PM

They truly are the “Greatest Generation”. They beat socialism once in WWII, they can beat socialism again in D.C.

76United on August 7, 2009 at 1:54 PM

While they reap the benefits of Medicare…

crr6 on August 7, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Which the friggin’ governmental system has just about forced them to do. They were forced to pay into it, after all.

ddrintn on August 7, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Sorry for not bending over and taking it. We’re fighting back. Get over it.

crr6 on August 7, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Think about what you just said – Democrats are fighting back against their own constituents. You know – those moderates and independents who expected their representatives to do bring fiscal conservative leadership to government.

And note how they are fighting back. SEIU thugs, outright lying about who is opposing them, and smearing any opposition as being fake or from extremists. They aren’t engaging in the great open debate of ideas Democrats love to drone on about when the GOP is in power – nope, now it’s all intimidation and attempts to smear and shutdown.

gwelf on August 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Hey dude! That must be some high you’re on. Far out! Hate to break it to you and all but note the date above: It’s August already and Bush, he’s gone dude! He’s not even in the White House anymore! Just blows your mind doesn’t it? I mean, wtf? One day he’s there giving meaning to your otherwise empty life and then poof! He’s gone!

I know it’s hard, but really, you gotta move on. I mean, harping on that tired old “Bush is Hitler” stuff is, well, it kinda makes you look stupid. Or desperate for attention. Or both, I guess.

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Obama: “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking”

Says the man who has crapped the bed every single day since January 20th.

But who’s cleaning up the messes created by the Bed Crapper in Chief?

NoDonkey on August 7, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Scott Ritter (ex Iraq weapons inspector)

Telling the Berliner Zeitung, May 2003:

I see no difference between the invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Poland in 1939.

Ritter was also reported as saying Bush had used the September 11 attacks as Hitler used the 1933 burning of the Reichstag to repress domestic dissidents.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Del Dolemonte,

BE CLEAR, MAN!

Thank you!

ExpressoBold on August 7, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I did preview it. The quote marks have been getting mangled all afternoon. See my 4:53 post for the latest example.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Scott Ritter (ex Iraq weapons inspector)

Also, child molestor, don’t forget that part of his sterling resume.

NoDonkey on August 7, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Obama: “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking”

It’s great to see Obama vindicate Bush and McCain’s failed efforts to reform housing laws and to call out Barney Frank and the 2006+ Democrat controlled Congress…oh wait, he meant blame Booooooooosh and private industry.

gwelf on August 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I believe that post of Del’s that you commented on was all a quote of that Iver Bogen guy, not Del’s writing. He was showing what the other side has been saying.

progressoverpeace on August 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM
On target.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM

My apologies too, Del and all. Looks like I’m the idiot stoner and deserve to be labeled as such.

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Thanks for sharing that, kid. You just parroted almost word-for-word what bullseye accused me of doing, until it was brought to his attention that I was quoting others who were saying this stuff.

bullseye has since apologized.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Don’t worry guys.It’s all taken care of.

I reported Obama

NoFanofLibs on August 7, 2009 at 4:57 PM

“The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,’ whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.”

^ From a certain former Governor of Alaska today. Can we just skip the next 1,262 days and elect her President yet??

das411 on August 7, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Obama’s pronounced fascists traits and characteristics are now manifest for all to see. No point in anyone denying it any longer. The man is clearly a tyrant at heart and more and more one in action. To not see that it is necessary that one close the eyes of his mind and keep them shut with ever increasing force.

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I’ve been trying to read “Atlas Shrugged” over the summer. It’s long (over 1,100 pages), and I got 3 kids, so it’s taken me months to get down to the final bit.

Currently, the fabric of the current world order is near collapse, and John Galt is under arrest. Utter cataclysm seems imminent. I’m holding out for a hero.

But now, I just hope I get to the end of the book before the real one collapses.

But honestly, if I have to read another 70-page Ayn Rand rant, I may have to shoot myself. Some parts of the book have not aged well.

connertown on August 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM

:-) I knew from previous threads that you were either suffering from a brain cloud or were taking some serious mind altering drugs. But I did have to read it a couple of times and scratch my head a little. :-)

Oldnuke on August 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM

OK

2 down, how many more to go? LOL

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Oldnuke on August 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Can I have some drugs?

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM

bullseye has since apologized.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I posted my apology while you were composing your response. I hope my second apology here given is enough.

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Memo to The One from Peggy Noonan: “You are terrifying us.”

And oh yeah, shut the hell up, Peggy Noonan.

ddrintn on August 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Can I have some drugs?

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Would you prefer the blue pill, or the red pill.

ICBM on August 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Why yes, the great democracy is a fine place to live . . . “now shut and get out of the way”.

rplat on August 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM

F him, I ain’t goin anywhere!!!

MechEng5by5 on August 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM

“Mission Accomplished”

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM

People don’t realize that by voting Republican, they voted against themselves…I worry that some people are entertained by the idea of this war.

They don’t know anything about the Iraqis, but they’re angry and frustrated in their own lives. It’s like Germany, before Hitler took over. The economy was bad and people felt kicked around. They looked for a scapegoat. Now we’ve got a new bunch of Hitlers

Mental giant Linda Ronstadt

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:23 PM

if ozero is this far out of control now… what will the polling places llook like??

especially since his buddie holder or whoevever tanked the case against the philly black panthers

bullseye on August 7, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Oldnuke on August 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Can I have some drugs?

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM

The Government has some strong drugs for you. But you only qualify if you need a pacemaker and you’re getting kind old.

forest on August 7, 2009 at 5:24 PM

This is excellent. Even the mindless masses in the middle who bought the Hope and Change crap are being pushed too far. The more they attack the more worried they are. Thank god we have idiots for politicians and their method of attack simply pisses more people off.

dpierson on August 7, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Can I have some drugs?

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Would you prefer the blue pill, or the red pill.

ICBM on August 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Ain’t gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, or say
Will be in the Obama pill you took today

Ain’t gonna need your teeth, won’t need your eyes
You won’t find an Obamacare doctor who knows a thing to do
Nobody’s even gonna look at you

Cheshire Cat on August 7, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Don’t worry guys.It’s all taken care of.

I reported Obama

NoFanofLibs on August 7, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Stool pigeon.

betsyz on August 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

mistersurefire on August 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM

how many more to go? LOL

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Del Dolemonte es tu amigo.
Translation-”Del Dolemonte has no friends”

thomasaur on August 7, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I sympathize with you, really, even though you were able to quote my suggestion perfectly.

Now, does Iver Bogen sound like astroturf or an anagram?

ExpressoBold on August 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM

mistersurefire on August 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM

That is rule #13

xler8bmw on August 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Barack Obama: “People take this Constitution thing far too literally”

drjohn on August 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Obama wants Democrats to sit down and shut up? Interesting.

jimmy2shoes on August 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Folks, now that we have the liberals attention, start asking questions about the bill.

REal questions, penetrating questions and deep questions.

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Tell the people Don,t do a lot of talking.Tell people to Spy on people and report them,Tell Union thugs Go out and punch them,Try to pass freedom changing bills with out debate .Another day in Obamas America.

thmcbb on August 7, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and the rest of the DNC needs to just shut up then!

JellyToast on August 7, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Obama: “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking”

Yup, he’s still arrogant as hell!

GFW on August 7, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Translation-”Del Dolemonte has no friends”

thomasaur on August 7, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Thanks for the laugh.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I sympathize with you, really,

ExpressoBold on August 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Duly noted. Now go away.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM

The RNC needs a new commercial.

Obama: “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking.”

Followed by a series of real Americans reprising the famous scene of Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver:

You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? Then who the hell else are you talking to… you talking to me? Well I’m the only one here. Who the f**k do you think you’re talking to? Oh yeah? OK.

BuckeyeSam on August 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Aaron McGruder draws the Boondocks comic strip. In October 2002 the Boondocks carried a classic instance of “at least Hitler was elected”

Some people in other countries are comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler because of his warmongering.

another Boondocks character says of the president.

That’s preposterous; even I wouldn’t compare him to Hitler. I mean, Hitler was democratically elected.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM

The One is as arrogant to His subjects as
Ms Noonan was snobbish to Palin.

She’s in good company; too bad the big bad black man scares her. What a racist.

klickink.wordpress.com on August 7, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Hitler was APPOINTED chancellor by President Hindenburg even so his party only received 30% of the vote. In a parliamentary system as existed in Germany in the 1930 the Chancellors were not directly elected.

dpierson on August 7, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Duly noted. Now go away.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Wow. DD’s applying for The One’s PR staff apparently. Has the right attitude for the job.

klickink.wordpress.com on August 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM

1) check your history

2) read Florida law

4) bush is out of office and not a part of this

3) reality is more fun than a fantasy

allrsn on August 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I did like this from Noonan, speaking of Obama:

HELL YEAH. To him the Presidency is a Chicago council seat writ large.

Rosmerta on August 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM

May I humbly suggest that the “folks who created this mess” aren’t talking?

Because they’re dead.

Totally aside from all the other problems we may or may not have with healthcare, our current conundrum comes down primarily to one thing: demographics.

When Medicare was passed, the percentage of Americans over the age of 65 was 7%; average life expectancy was 70 years; the fertility rate was 3.65 live births per female.

Today, the percentage of Americans over 65 is 13%; average life expectancy is 78 years; the fertility rate is 2.10 live births per female.

To sum it up, the percentage of people over 65 has doubled; their average lifespan after they attain the age of 65 has nearly quadrupled; and the rate at which new taxpayers are being born has fallen by nearly one-half.

Congress passed a Ponzi scheme in 1965. And maybe – just maybe – if population demographics had remained static and had Medicare taxes been sequestered in interest-bearing investments, Medicare might not be the huge, broken, un-funded liability it is.

We can’t change the birth rate. We can’t tax our way out of the problem.

So, there’s only one solution: the number of people over the age of 65 has to decline. Sharply.

Which is why all the versions of Obamacare rely upon culling the elderly.

By passing Medicare in 1965, Congress sent the clear message to people that, rather than saving money for the healthcare they would need when they hit retirement age, they were free to consume as though there was no tomorrow.

Tomorrow is here.

guntotinglibertarian on August 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Actually, now that I read that again, Noonan almost sounds sarcastic. Sometimes seems?

Rosmerta on August 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM

May I humbly suggest that the “folks who created this mess” aren’t talking?

Because they’re dead.

Ted Kennedy isn’t dead yet but, Eunice is on her way!

xler8bmw on August 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM

1) check your history

2) read Florida law

4) bush is out of office and not a part of this

3) reality is more fun than a fantasy

allrsn on August 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I was simply quoting a Democrat.

The point I am trying to make is that the Party of O’bama was crying “Hitler” about Bush for 8 years. Yet now the same people have absolutely no problem with stifling public opinion.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM

We can’t change the birth rate. We can’t tax our way out of the problem.

Which is why all the versions of Obamacare rely upon culling the elderly.

Talk about terrifying.

We could also do like Germany and start making appeals to women to have more kids, whether they’re married or not. I have an unmarried cousin there who had a child and talks about having done her patriotic duty.

Can’t see that working so well here, though.

Rosmerta on August 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Too little, Pegster. And much, much too late.

Jim Treacher on August 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM

the folks who created the mess

would include yourself there Barry Dunham. You were the lawyer representing ACORN against CitiBank when you won a settlement to coerce further loans to people who would not have qualified except for the Community Reinvestment Act. Be sure to thank Rains, Waters, Rangel, Dodd, Schummer, Pelosi, and Reid for their help in destroying the housing market.
But here’s the real dealmaker: Who yanked 500 Billion out of the Treasury last September? Be sure to thank Paulsen for fanning the flames and closing the Treasury window.
The problem is you Barry Soetoro. Each and every time you open your mouth, the words that come out read like an accusation of the folks who created the mess you’re addressing. However as a narcissist, the reality is that you ONLY EVER TALK TO YOURSELF!

Blacksmith8 on August 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM

“The folks who created this mess”?

Then you’d better sit down and shut up, Frank, Dodd, Waters, Pelosi, Reid, Obama… He just said he wants those who created this mess not to do a lot of talking.

Remind me again. Wasn’t it Frank’s committee that pushed the “affordable housing” that led to the collapse of Fannie & Freddie? Wasn’t it Dodd “sweet home loan” deal that pushed it in the Senate? And (I could be wrong about this, but I’m not) wasn’t it Obama himself who took banks to court to force them into making loans they KNEW would never be paid back?

Obama, YOU created this mess, so by your own statement… YOU should sit down and shut up!

UnderstandingisPower on August 7, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Um, YEAH what he said!

Blacksmith8 on August 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Holy cr@p! Is that clip of Obama in VA supposed to be the campaign speech he was supposed to give for Creigh Deeds? Is such a thing possible? The speech was bad enough, but a campaign speech????? For another Democrat? If that is true then it was Divine Intervention. There is a God and he is smiling down on Virginia.

BetseyRoss on August 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Can’t see that working so well here, though.

Rosmerta on August 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM

No, for 4 reasons:

1. Tax rates have basically forced most families to have two earners. Two-earner families cannot afford the time and money to have more kids.

2. Birth control.

3. Abortion.

4. Couples have become accustomed to small families, because small families free up discretionary income for uses other than rearing children.

guntotinglibertarian on August 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Obama is deaf, is he blind too?

Dr Evil on August 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

The one speech I am really excited to hear him deliver is the farewell speech, the one that precedes either his massive electoral defeat, his impeachment, or his jail term.

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Ted,
My order of preference
1)impeachment
THEN
2)prison
Finally
3)defeat [but, only as a last resort]

Blacksmith8 on August 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Dr. Ezekial Emanuel, Rahm’s brother and advisor to the Obamanation filthy liar president, as Chief Health Care Advisor, believes in sparing care for elderly and disabled. UNBELIEVABLE. See the Bachman video.

This monster of a physician most definitely made a different type of medical commitment upon his swearing in as a doc, he tood the “hypocritic” oath. God help us.

highninside on August 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Sorry for not bending over and taking it. We’re fighting back. Get over it.

crr6 on August 7, 2009 at 1:42 PM

The President’s job is not to fight back, it’s his job to lead. That’s two different skill sets. The fact that he can’t tell the difference only shows that he lacks the temperment to be President. Perhaps that’s why he also has to remind people that he’s the President; it’s because you couldn’t tell otherwise.

PackerBronco on August 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM

The Democrats are a real class act. I can remember Harry Reid, talking to a group of High School Students, telling them how stupid he thought Bush was. What ever happened to the civics lessons politicians gave students? I guess Reid has so much hate in his heart, for Republicans, he just can’t explain what a great country this is and how it works. Perhaps he doesn’t even know. Now we have Obama, the community organizer, who was elected with a lot of help from a complacent media, who has no clue what the office is all about. He’s aware he can say words like “my administration” and “my vice-president” and “my policies” but has no clue about what he shouldn’t say.

Some people will tell you that there’s a learning curve for the office, the problem with Obama is he thinks he knows it all and the morons he’s surrounded himself with, only know how to play politics the Chicago Way, nuance is not something they learned, or are willing to learn.

bflat879 on August 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Which is why all the versions of Obamacare rely upon culling the elderly.
guntotinglibertarian on August 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Today, Glen Beck suggested Googling all Obama’s health care advisors who are connected with eugenics. I haven’t done so but there must be a reason it was suggested. Zeke Emanuel sure sounds like one.

a capella on August 7, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Another Sarah Smackdown for Barry!

She references Michele Bachmann’s speech on the House floor!

I heart these women. :o))))))))

NoLeftTurn on August 7, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Now go away.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM

That’s twice you’ve shown an arrogant unapologetic attitude to someone because of YOUR mistakes. If you can’t can’t comment effectively YOU go away.

No need to reply, I don’t want to read your self-serving simpering.

ExpressoBold on August 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM

This little fuvking prick is turning this country into a powderkeg.

texaninfidel on August 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM

To the Nazi-in-Chief:

You don’t get to say who gets to talk. And, we get to have our way, whether you like it or not, one way or another.

BottomLine5 on August 7, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Remember his quote when it comes to fixing Medicare and Social Security.

scotta on August 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Obama is truly awful. What a horrible moment for his presidency.

I really think the simple argument to make to liberals is this:

Do you want Government-run healthcare when George W. Bush gets reelected? Or when Sarah Palin becomes President. Or when (insert Republican name here) is running the country?

That’ll do it.

Rockygold on August 7, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Obama is deaf, is he blind too?

Dr Evil on August 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

No, he’s just COOL

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Jay Baker is a writer, filmmaker (and voter) from Sheffield, UK. In his essay “The Yankee Swastika”, the first paragraph manages to put supporters of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq on a par with holocaust deniers

And yet there are still those who refuse to accept the figures when facts show just how many innocent people of a particular persuasion were condemned to concentration camps and sent to an early grave; a mass grave…George Bush actually came to power in what many might argue to be a less democratic way than Adolf Hitler.

al ittle farther on:

Bush may even have an ideology based on the “blonde haired, blue eyed, white super-race.” I say this because since squatting in the White House, he has been intent on bombing other far-away, dark-skinned people of Middle Eastern countries, as part of his “War on Terror,” which is really a War of Terror.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Then he needs to tell Slobberin’ Bawney, Chris Dodd and Maxine Waters to zip it.

Dave R. on August 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I wonder if the two reporters, Laura Ling and Euna Lee, are confused, when they watch Obama turn his goons on the American people? Nah, probably not.

luvstotango on August 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Obama is deaf, is he blind too?

Dr Evil on August 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

No, he’s just COOL

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 8:22 PM

He lost whatever COOL he might once have had some time ago now and I don’t think he is ever going to get it back.

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Your daddy herded goats,

don’t try that on us Bambi

bluegrass on August 7, 2009 at 9:57 PM

“I don’t mind being responsible.” Oh, really? You think we’re going to stand by and let you and your ilk destroy this country just because you’ll accept “responsibility”?

Fat chance.

disa on August 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Yep, he’s sounding a lot like he did when Sarahcuda let him have it on the campaign trail.

We have to keep the pressure on him, he can’t take it.

disa on August 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM

When he was on vacation in Jack Lord land, he ate sushi made with SPAM meat, and the adoring media kneepads made it sound like it was the greatest thing since they invented Bill Clinton.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Chatter In Chief.

There is an awful lot of chatter coming from the white house concerning healthcare reform. Town Hall Chatters. Prime-Time Press Conference Chatters. Chatter email. Chatter (we will push back harder) meetings with Dems. Anti-Insurance Chatter. Raising taxes Chatter. Single-Payer/Public Option Chatter. GrandMa/GrandPa are mobs Chatter. Doctors who remove tonsils are greedy Chatter. Police behave stupidly Chatter. I WON so I trump you Chatter. I don’t want to meddle when Iranian people are slaughtered Chatter. The Stimulus will keep unemployment at 8% Chatter. Turn in your ‘fishy’ neighbor Chatter.

And I’m supposed to be silent?

Rule #1: Read the Constitution.
Rule #2: Take notes on the Freedom of Speech

TN Mom on August 7, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Obama…If you disagree with me…shut the hell up!

Army Brat on August 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I loathe Obama.

Boxy_Brown on August 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Somewhere in Caracas tonight Hugo is smiling.

elduende on August 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I’m noticing a few trends here:

* Our President is a politically thin-skinned, arrogant bastard, who speaks out of both sides of his mouth (ok, so yes, the sky is blue, and rain is wet);

* Democrats f*ck up a sector of the economy for the sole purpose of pandering to their electorate and funding base (CRA, Fannie, Freddie, and MBS schemes for cheap housing; encouraging unrestrained malpractice lawsuits on practitioners of the medical profession);

* When the economic screwup is finally too large to ignore, the Dems blame shadowy “corporations”, even as they accept campaign donations from corporations operating in the industry sectors the Dems have chosen to demonize; and

* The “fix” to these economic “problems” proposed by the Dems *always* involves two things: expansion of gov’t control into and over those industries, and higher taxes.

While I am sure that every politician engages in presenting straw man arguments now and then, our President acts like there is no other kind of argument in existence.

As long as Obama’s actions reflect a strong political philosophy of socialism and weakness on national defense, I want him to fail at those endeavors. Clinton was drifting just as far to the Left early in his presidency and was forced back to the center only after the 1994 congressional elections. At least back then, the GOP positioned itself well.

But now?

Gird your loins, people…it’s gonna get bad…

Wanderlust on August 8, 2009 at 1:16 AM