Obama: “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking”

posted at 1:33 pm on August 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

Can you blame him? You’re racists, you’re Nazis, and you’re political terrorists. Why should he listen?

Memo to The One from Peggy Noonan: “You are terrifying us.”

What the town-hall meetings represent is a feeling of rebellion, an uprising against change they do not believe in. And the Democratic response has been stunningly crude and aggressive. It has been to attack. Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the United States House of Representatives, accused the people at the meetings of “carrying swastikas and symbols like that.” (Apparently one protester held a hand-lettered sign with a “no” slash over a swastika.) But they are not Nazis, they’re Americans. Some of them looked like they’d actually spent some time fighting Nazis…

All of this is unnecessarily and unhelpfully divisive and provocative. They are mocking and menacing concerned citizens. This only makes a hot situation hotter. Is this what the president wants? It couldn’t be. But then in an odd way he sometimes seems not to have fully absorbed the awesome stature of his office. You really, if you’re president, can’t call an individual American stupid, if for no other reason than that you’re too big. You cannot allow your allies to call people protesting a health-care plan “extremists” and “right wing,” or bought, or Nazi-like, either. They’re citizens. They’re concerned. They deserve respect.

Like Ace says: It is breathtaking.

Update (Ed): Maybe Obama should listen to his Secretary of State’s words from 2003:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Obama accused his GOP critics of having “selective memory” about the economy and said, “When I walked in we had a $1.3 trillion deficit. That was gift-wrapped and waiting for me when I walked into the Oval Office.”

Barry’s the one with the selective memory. He conveniently forgets that it was he and his Democratic cronies who held the majority in the legislature for the past 2-1/2 years, and they are the ones who voted for the bloated budgets, the TARP fiasco, and all the other BS that was responsible for ballooning the deficit over the trillion dollar mark. Barry didn’t inherit this mess — he helped to create it, and now he’s making it exponentially worse. Friggin’ liar and fraud.

AZCoyote on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Obama’s statement is chilling. My God, what have we put into power?

WannabeAnglican on August 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

txag92 on August 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM

At this point, it’s best if the GOP stays out so its harder to paint as a partisan operation. Not that they won’t try, but GOP out there would only make it easier.

lorien1973 on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

the only color I have a problem with in Ogabe is red not black, white, or mocha…..

red

sven10077 on August 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM

AZCoyote — he also is forgetting to mention that since taking office the deficit has doubled.

Dark Star on August 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I don’t like the man because he gives by racial elements in our society a bad name. However, if he wants to label me a racist well, I can take because it’s better than being a filthy lying socialist fascist pig(my apologies to all the swine).

larvcom on August 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Dark Star on August 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM

That’s Bush’s fault. Not sure how. But it is.

jazz_piano on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

The man is a tyrant with the soul of a rat, as is every other leftist in his cabinet, his party and his circle of advisers. None of this is surprising.

He will have us all as serfs and slaves.

spmat on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Asshole.

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

FIFY

Dark Star on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Don’t you mean, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Park…?

Peggy Snow Cahill on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

His ‘meetings’ are carefully controlled, by invitation only, so I wouldn’t read too much into the actual attendance. The crowd is chosen for the best Photo Ops and camera angles, so it would be difficult to know how many were actually there.

Janos Hunyadi on August 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Why not read into it?

If he had so many supporters, they would make sure the photo ops and the camera angles showed them all in their vast abundance.

My guess is: there is no abundance.

misslizzi on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I am 52 years old and am just finding out how it feels when your blood starts boiling….

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM
I am a 54 year old conservative Lutheran Christian and have never experienced these feelings before in my life.

OmahaConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I am a 35 year old mother of three young children. I have never been politically active other than voting in elections. Next month I will be going to DC for the second time since Obama took office. I have been saving every penny because I feel like it so important to make a stand. I want my children to grow up in the America that I remember. I am scared for their future.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde A–hole.

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

FIFY

Dark Star on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I have always had great respect for the office of the president…even when Clinton defiled it, I felt the office was special.
And when Reagan would never step into the oval office, unless dressed appropriatly, and others did the same, it showed to America, how respectful that office is. Even Carter, or LBJ, one a passive mouse, the other a crude barbarian, the office held a aurora of dignity.
However, Obama is destroying that, it is becoming an office of “thuggery”, an office where they hold American values with disdain…life, liberty, freedom, if not defined by this president, then you are to be ignored, sit on the sidelines, you don’t count….and it is okay to attack you both verbally, and physically.

right2bright on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

The Precedent is making Benedict Arnold look like a Patriot by comparison.

progressoverpeace on August 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Hell, he is making me look like your best friend by comparison.

PootyPoot on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Guys, the dems are only on chapter 4! They are going to get much worse!

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Have heart. They won’t get much further into the chapters before the backlash takes their heads off. You see, to make it all work Obama’s cult has to be FULLY committed. They are not. Most of the far left zealots are playing radical.

Do the numbers. Sales of powered-projectiles and powered-projectile-dispensers has been at unbelieveable levels since last November. They continue that way.

Most of the right who wanted to be armed already were. They are just adding to inventory. A large portion, rather a significant portion, is likely being purchased by the Independents and Centrists, many of whom are first-time buyers. My guess even some Dems and left-of-center types are buying, but not an important percentage of that group.

Now, why all that buying? Are people preparing for something? What possibly could have people so concerned that they would do something such as this, many for the first time?

Now consider: after nearly 10 months of sustained purchases, who is aroused and prepared to challenge the first four chapters of Alinsky, and who is ill-prepared to push the remaining chapters on an unwilling and aroused public?

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 2:35 PM

I knew it was going to be bad for him to be elected. I just never knew that he would have senior citizens ready to riot in six months. He will go down as the worst, most divisive president in history.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM

The Washington Examiner has a story today about an AARP event to sell nationalized healthcare (they fully support the filthy liar’s plan without reservation) The leadership just walked out when the protesting started.

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 2:35 PM

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I fully agree, nor was I thrilled with Rush invoking Godwin, but given that the protesters to ObamaCare have been smeared just as much, the fact that the ADL picked only one side is despicable. Either they’re uninformed, or biased. Whatever it is, it’s mind-boggling given the middle finger this administration and the Democratic Congress has been giving to Israel.

When are they going to wake the hell up?

MadisonConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Does Obama believe the taxpayers at these town hall meetings created “this mess”?

If he wants those who created the mess to be quiet and get out of the way, he should send a memo to Frank, Dodd, and Waters.

jazz_piano on August 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Is it too much to ask to want the President to treat law abiding, taxpaying citizens, at least as well as he does lunatic foreign leaders who have vowed to kill us all?

I mean, this is the same guy who expresses a desire to fellate ol’ Dinner Jacket in Iran, while at the same time he demonizes American citizens (e.g. doctors, cops, Republicans, those against his idiotic “reform” plan).

Post-partisan? This clown is the most visciously partisan president ever, by a longshot. He makes Nixon look mild in comparison.

NoDonkey on August 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM

It’s time for Obama to get out of the way. Americans are retaking their country from the marxists.

BottomLine5 on August 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Good for you – wish I could afford to go as well. Thank you for representing us all!

gophergirl on August 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Someone should tell Odumbo that Democrats have been in power since early 2007.

Speedwagon82 on August 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM

THAT’s PRESIDENT of the United States
NOT DICTATOR of the United States

lwssdd on August 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Yeah, my blood’s so mad feels like coagulatin’
I’m sitting here just contemplatin’
He can twist the truth, his conscience knows no regulation.
Trillions of dollars for his fascist legislation
And tea rallies alone can’t bring sane governation
When the American Constitution is disintegratin’
This whole 1984 Obama animal farm world is just too frustratin’

And you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

CrusaderRabbit on August 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Prayers are ascending for your family, and all of us.

OmahaConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 2:35 PM

There was a post about that yesterday. Here’s the video, in case you missed it.

califcon on August 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

OmahaConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I am a 35 year old mother of three young children.

I am scared for their future.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I’m in my mid-30s, father of three, and I’ve never felt so afraid for my nation.

Christians had best be praying as never before. May God have mercy on us.

jazz_piano on August 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Such is the predicament of the leftist

they have no ground to stand on except lies and intimidation

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Liberals don’t like those nasty guns, do they? They are outgunned.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Heck, I probably have enough in my armory to out gun them all.

Wolftech on August 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 2:35 PM

For the first time… I gave the Combo of the gun safe to my 18 year old son….

Taught him how to shoot years ago… but for the first time, I feel I may need backup…

Things are ugly, and getting uglyer…

Romeo13 on August 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Seems to me that the “white guilt vote” is a one-time thing. One an arrogant ass this guy is.
labwriter on August 7, 2009

the real question is, will his approval by black America ever get below 90%?
battleoflepanto1571 on August 7, 2009

I understand “white guilt” and I accept it’s importance in 2008, although I was not so afflicted myself. I think you may well be right that it only works once and won’t be nearly as effective in 2012. It’s an interesting theory.

As for his approval among black Americans…numerically it doesn’t matter. The simple truth is that it’s the white vote that elects presidents. No racism; just fact borne out by the percentages. That may change in coming years but it’s still true today.

SKYFOX on August 7, 2009 at 2:41 PM

lorien1973 on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

That’s just it. Except for one ad to counter the DNC campaign and Steele having the phone system routed to the DNC switchboard, the GOP as a party has been out of this while the DNC is very much involved with selling the takeover of the healthcare system.

And that’s how it should be. IMO, this transcends political parties to something more important. A battle for the soul of America. How many posts on this site have been from individuals who have never been activists before but are doing so now? This isn’t a partisan fight it is a principled one. What the GOP needs to do is find the new leaders and voices (and Palin or Romney are probably not it) who can fix the mess left behind by this filthy liar and his corrupt party.

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Wolftech on August 7, 2009 at 2:19 PM

If needed I would support a second American Revolution but I never stand for a second French Revolution. If retribution is what you desire then count me out. Our forefathers showed us the way. When they laid down their arms they offered reconciliation to those who were neutral or opposed them. If we are to be true to them we can do nothing less.

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Sounds like BO and the dims need to sit down and have big glass of shutthehellup.

la.rt.wngr on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Let this man say these things

let him become a divider

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I was listening to radio this morning and all the news blurbs were running the “no civil discourse” meme. That all “these people” are interested in is shouting down their opponents. That was depressing to see how badly the donkeys control the story on the public air waves.

Fighton03 on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Obama just told the American taxpayer to STFU. Stupid move.

See, in HIS world, he jumps, people say “How high?” He doesn’t understand real people, because he’s never known any. I don’t think he’s capable of learning, either.

He just incensed every single one of us that has ever paid taxes…incensed us even more that is.

Don’t tell ME to STFU, Obama, I have a right to speak and to assemble, and I will. I may not have time, but I guarantee you, I will FIND the time, every opportunity, and you send your thugs after me, they will suffer when I defend myself, physically and legally. I’m not taking anymore crap from this man or his followers. Over my cold, dead body. Sincerely.

JustTruth101 on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Wow. Just wow. That sounded downright vitriolic. But hey, that right there will contribute to his demise. Watch the poll #’s plummet now. See? It’s all about the power. It’s not about health care…if people would have objected to the clunkers program he’d have told them to sit down and shut up too.

That sent a cold shiver down my spine. I don’t even want to watch that man again, ever…he’s scary and evil.

scalleywag on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Well Mr Commie. Let me tell you this. You do not have the authority to hush me up. I do, however- have every right to scrutinize your evil,socialistic, take from the have’s and give to your ass kissers.
Now hush up yourself and go back to the cave and keep quiet. and STOP RUINING OUR COUNTRY~
God Bless

hawkman on August 7, 2009 at 2:43 PM

It will break him.

THE CHOSEN ONE on August 7, 2009 at 2:44 PM

My guess is: there is no abundance.

misslizzi on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

You’re probably right, although in a country of 300 million people you can always dig up a few thousand True Believers at any time and place. Interestingly, when people like that feel that they’re losing–and losing Big Time–they tend to get even more fanatically loyal and aggressive.

In the video I’ve seen, there are only a few tight shots of Obam with maybe one quick shot of a crowd cheering. My point was that he only needs relatively few people to craft a video propaganda message to disseminate.

Janos Hunyadi on August 7, 2009 at 2:44 PM

scalleywag on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

No, he’s a Christian–just ask him.

He may even be Christ Himself–just ask some of his followers.

But he could never be evil. He has come to show us the way of moral goodness.

/sarc

jazz_piano on August 7, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Don’t you mean, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Park…?

Peggy Snow Cahill on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

No. I meant exactly Dr Jekyll (kindly and sane doctor as candidate) and Mr. Hyde (tyrant monster as President/Fuhrer).

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Seems like he let his inner self “slip the leash” again….I think he needs to have us all over for a beer.

cthulhu on August 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Luka on August 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Dr. Jekyll never existed except as a marketing creation to sell Mr. Hyde. 52% bought it, and 100% will pay for their mistake.

jazz_piano on August 7, 2009 at 2:47 PM

This will not stand…I will never submit to tyranny. This fight has just begun. When the POTUS brings out his purple brown shirts, there is going to be blood on his hands. We will speak and we will speak loudly.

d1carter on August 7, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Hell, he is making me look like your best friend by comparison.

PootyPoot on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Ain’t that the truth. At least you are rational and just want to accumulate tons of power and wealth. The Precedent just wants to destroy the US.

The Precedent is also horning in on old Soviet political territory, trying to be the best friend to every Communist thug he can find. He figures that you are too busy trying to recollect your immediate satellites, so he’s out scooping up the commies farther away. The only problem is that they don’t like him and look at him like a wimp and a fool. But, he might still do the old USSR proud in Honduras. He’s working hard at it. And he is still trying to drive Eastern Europe back into Russia’s arms by dangling unilateral US defense giveaways.

progressoverpeace on August 7, 2009 at 2:48 PM

It’s days like this that make me thank God for beer.

BPD on August 7, 2009 at 2:48 PM

For the first time… I gave the Combo of the gun safe to my 18 year old son….

Things are ugly, and getting uglyer…

Romeo13 on August 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Same, and let him know in my absence he is to fight until the death to protect his mother and the young ones…and he will.

Alden Pyle on August 7, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Federico Fasano Mertens, editor of La Republica del Uruguay
Replying in March 2003 to a letter from Martin Silverstein, the US ambassador to Uruguay, accusing his newspaper of “totally lacking any sense of journalistic integrity” by comparing George Bush to Adolf Hitler:

The matter at hand is the comparison between Adolf Hitler and George Bush.

There are obvious differences. The first being that the war criminal, the murderer of the Jewish and Soviet peoples, won a resounding victory in the German elections, while the war criminal and murderer of the Iraqi people reached power fraudulently, in the biggest electoral scandal in US history.

From the theoretical point of view, the comparison between Bush and Hitler is correct. The scientists have described Nazism as a terrorist dictatorship of corporate expansionism. Bush, by putting himself beyond the law and invading a defenceless nation which it had not attacked in order to take over its oil wealth, the second largest on the planet, and then stating that other oil-producing nations will follow, comes close to the definition of a corporate terrorist dictatorship. Even though he may not like to admit it.

George Bush is a Nazi in his genes.

The American Burning of the Reichstag of September 11 gave George Bush the chance of a lifetime. The worst electoral victory of a US president since 1876 had turned into the best historical opportunity for a warmonger to impose a new US order on the world.

As in Hitler’s case, the first thing he did was to surround himself with a clique of con artists such as himself, men obsessed with the intimidating power of force.

Del Dolemonte on August 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM

THAT’s PRESIDENT of the United States
NOT DICTATOR of the United States

lwssdd on August 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Respect where respect is due, troll. The filthy liar in the White House is nothing but a street thug turned dictator of the United States. You can go to any third-world dictatorship and see men just like the filthy liar.

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I was referring more to the radicals, not the moderates or such. We could reach an understanding with them, just not with 0bama and his far left radical lefities…

Wolftech on August 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I won.

BPD on August 7, 2009 at 2:51 PM

“I can accept responsibility” says Barry.
Oh, really?
It’s a wonder this dork doesn’t burst into flames given the extent of his hypocrisy.

PaddyJ on August 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Obama in campaign mode….without using a teleprompter…..let the fun begin. Maybe they can send Michelle out to do some town halls.

kriscoleman on August 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

OmahaConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I am a 35 year old mother of three young children.

I am scared for their future.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Christians had best be praying as never before. May God have mercy on us.

jazz_piano on August 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Praying is good. Planning for action is better.

Remember, God helps those that helps themselves

Or if you are secular in your beliefs

Chance favors the prepared mind

take your pick

I’m no longer a practicing Christian, but I never turned my back on the principles. When (not if) the time comes I know which side I want to be on

God bless America, and damn all the politicians

Sugarbuzz on August 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I am getting dangerously close to actual hatred for this jackass, something I have never actually experienced before.

OmahaConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Walk toward the light. Some of us are out here, waiting for you. Turn it to directed anger.

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 2:53 PM

kriscoleman on August 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Yeah, she can talk about her patient-dumping program in Chicago.

highhopes on August 7, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Wolftech on August 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Explanation accepted. I am with you there.

chemman on August 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I’ll see you there. A lot of us are bringing our TX flags with us so we can protest together!

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Don’t you mean, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Park…?

Peggy Snow Cahill on August 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I like that a lot.

Mr. D on August 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I plan on going to dc on 9/12.

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Christians had best be praying as never before. May God have mercy on us.

jazz_piano on August 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

New meaning to the old prayer:

“Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition.”

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Last I remember, there were 70 million armed Americans and some 300 million privately owned firearms…

Pelayo on August 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I’m actaully hoping that at some point the South will declare succession once again. If socialized healthcare, card check, and cap & trade pass, then it won’t be America anymore.

MichiganMatt on August 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM

He will go down as the worst, most divisive president in history.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM

He certainly will. He was elected, I think, because there were people out there who bought the lie that he would heal the “racial divide”.

Not only has he increased that “divide”, but he’s creating other divides by pitting different groups against each other.

It will be his downfall.

ladyingray on August 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM

OmahaConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM

hang in there my friend.
Hate will eat you up inside.
Pray, give it up to God, ask for guidance, wisdom and help.

And it will be granted.

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM

In other news…………

Repoters interview Deeds and McDonnell.
McDonnell: “I didn’t know he was even campaigning for me!”
Deeds: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH”

katy the mean old lady on August 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Way to unite the country, Mr. President.

Way to act presidential, Mr. President.

Your speeches, your words show us the kind of immature, thoughtless “leader” you really are. I’ll take back leader because you never lead any business or anything in your life except a legal rag and a bunch of non-profit boards.

Dickie Dunn on August 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM

katy–you’re funny

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM

The Precedent is making Benedict Arnold look like a Patriot by comparison.

Hey, now. Benedict did some good before he, uh, did some bad.

tuffy on August 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Benedict Arnold was a Colonel I believe.

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM

The one speech I am really excited to hear him deliver is the farewell speech, the one that precedes either his massive electoral defeat, his impeachment, or his jail term.

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Prayers are ascending for your family, and all of us.

OmahaConservative on August 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM

This is the key. I read a story once from a woman who had been seriously injured in a car crash. She said she could see the prayers of those around near the site ascending like golden glowing threads. Prayer is real, and we need it now. Nature’s God is still on our side; we need to be sure we are on His. You have my prayers, too!

Peggy Snow Cahill on August 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Obama is trying to pull a Chavez on the USA and he has no clue that he can’t do it.

This is the start of a new American Civil War.

It is pitting the Statists vs. Americans.

As the economy implodes, Obama is attempting to take control of healthcare and other industries.

He has called out union thugs to take over townhalls, and possibly his people are behind some of the internet attacks on certain conservative websites.

He is mobilizing his side now.

We need to mobilize our side.

Be prepared to walk in on foot into DC on 9/12 because there is a chance the Metro will be shut down and other obstacles put up to prevent the Tea Party.

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Will there be a hot air meet up at 9/12

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I don’t even want to hear a farewell speech, as it would place blame with everyone but him.

ICBM on August 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Fighton03 on August 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

The “public air waves” just think they still control the story.

The growing crowds at the THs, the growing anger in the general population, and Obama’s tanking poll numbers give evidence that the news has gotten beyond their control. People are finding the real news other ways, and they are responding to facts, not the endless spin and propaganda.

The game has changed on the Dems and they were not ready for a failure in their supply line of BS. They ARE beginning to lose that war, and they are nearing panic mode. They could ill afford an informed public, but apparently the public has found a way to get informed. Whoops!

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 3:05 PM

If Obama doesn’t want the creators of the mess talking, then he should sit down and be quiet, along with the unions and most of the incumbent legislators.

hawksruleva on August 7, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Hey, now. Benedict did some good before he, uh, did some bad.

tuffy on August 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM

That’s my point. At least Arnold was a great general before he sold out and became a traitor. The Precedent has never done anything of value. He’s been a treasonous, destructive leech all along.

progressoverpeace on August 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Turning 59 next week. Lived the 60′s. Never been so angry and, ashamed to say, full of hatred in my life. Calling angry, scared, and concerned fellow Americans political terrorists and paid shills for the insurance industry was the last straw. What hypocritical bullsh…

The mask is fully off Obama. He is the worst God-forsaken thing that has ever happened to this country.

It’s ironic that Lincoln gave his all to stitch this country back together only to have Obama through his idiotic holier-than-thou self-righteousness tear it apart again.

May God help us all. There is no going back and it’s not going to get any better – only worse. Much worse.

Rod on August 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Noonan is just one more Republican dupe who couldn’t quite make out the true character of The One until it was too late.

Cicero43 on August 7, 2009 at 1:39 PM

She still has NOT figured out Obama yet.

This the gal who knows all about Sarah Palin though.

F**k her.

Sapwolf on August 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM

“…a grandmother (absolute moral authority conferred by wisdom of long years)” Ace

I’ve always liked Ace on general principles but have never been more impressed with his insight. (chuckle!)

jeanie on August 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Pelayo on August 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Dat be my point!!!

Now, how many of the 70 million are likely:

Conservative ______

Independents ______

Centrists ________

Liberals ________

Radicals _______

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM

There’s too much Democratatin’ goin’ on out there…iz you iz, o’ iz you ain’t my constituents?

What’s with the black revival speech-afyin’?

Wyznowski on August 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM

ted c on August 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Can we design a hotair flag? Great way to meet some of my fellow conspirators!

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM

My husband is not real excited about going, but he did say he wanted to bring the Texas flag. We will all have to get together.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I consider myself an Independent Radical Conservative.

thomasaur on August 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM

On second thought, maybe Beck was right. I think Barry does hate white people…nah, that would be racist.

Wyznowski on August 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I wish that I could join you in representing our great state. Thanks for going.

ICBM on August 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Can we design a hotair flag? Great way to meet some of my fellow conspirators!

libertylady on August 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Secret handshake? ; – )

thomasaur on August 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Here in NH, Hodes and Sheehan are having ‘telephone town halls’–such brave souls.

jeanie on August 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Man I hope I can go to 9/12

blatantblue on August 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM

katy the mean old lady on August 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Good style. Mean is good; real good. Can you handle a weapon, ;-)

Yoop on August 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM