Revealed: Left’s dishonesty about Republican “mobs” somehow even worse than thought

posted at 8:28 pm on August 5, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’ll quote a bit of Mary Katharine’s post to start you off but there’s no way to do justice to it in an excerpt. It’s the must-read of the day so you must read it.

Right Principles has a Facebook group with 23 members and a Twitter account with five followers. MacGuffie describes himself as an “opponent of leftist thinking in America,” and told me he’s “never pulled a lever” for a Republican or Democrat on a federal level. Yet this Connecticut libertarian’s influence over a national, orchestrated Republican health-care push-back is strong, indeed, if you listen to liberal pundits and the Democratic National Committee, who have crafted a nefarious web out of refutable evidence.

Think Progress highlighted his memo’s directives to “‘Yell,’ ‘Stand Up And Shout Out,’ ‘Rattle Him’,” calling it a “right-wing harassment strategy against Dems.” The blog falsely connected MacGuffie to the national conservative group FreedomWorks through the most tenuous of threads. The Think Progress link that purports to establish MacGuffie as a FreedomWorks “volunteer” leads to his one blog posting on a Tea Party website (on the free social networking site, ning.com). Think Progress calls Tea Party Patriots a “FreedomWorks website.”

The problem is it’s not a FreedomWorks site, according to FreedomWorks spokesman Adam Brandon. FreedomWorks is a “coalition partner” of TeaPartyPatriots.org, but does not fund the site in any way…

The Rachel Maddow Show repeated Think Progress’ reporting on MacGuffie’s connections, showing the memo, and declaring its author “affiliated with an organization called FreedomWorks.”

The DNC has now made the memo the centerpiece of its “Mob” ad out today, from which I grabbed this screen shot, at the :40 mark…

The voice over for this image says behavior at health-care town halls is “straight from the playbook of high-level Republican political operatives.”

So it came to be that a guy no one’s heard of, who created a memo that was sent to 10 people, who once wrote a single post for a site that’s not even formally connected to a major conservative group, and who’s not even a Republican became the evil mastermind behind a national Republican conspiracy to “manufacture outrage” at town halls from coast to coast. This is how the nutroots and their media enablers work. Go read the post. Or, if you prefer, close your eyes and listen to the “symphony”…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I reported this blog entry to flag@WhiteHouse.Gov.
I am reporting every entry to flag@WhiteHouse.Gove.
Speak up maggots! We own you!!!!

crash72 on August 5, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Would it help you if we each posted our home addresses?

Red State State of Mind on August 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM

9123 Cizmeyeazz Dr., Oconomowocmukwonagowauwatosamuskego, WI

Jeff from WI on August 6, 2009 at 7:25 AM

LOL don’t bother I’ll rat myself out ……. in fact I think every conservative malcontent should rat themselves out

Aggie95 on August 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Pssst…don’t tell crash72, but he got the email address wrong both times.

percysunshine on August 6, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Many audience members cheered loudly when Ross said he wouldn’t back anything that would provide federal funding for abortions or pay for health insurance for illegal immigrants.

I’m so happy they included abortion in the bill, that even more than health care for immigrants, will insure it’s much deserved death.

Ann NY on August 6, 2009 at 8:03 AM

That video needs to come with a warning. I threw up a little.

gopmom on August 6, 2009 at 8:04 AM

It is true. I did receive a playbook from a high level Republican operative. It was several hundred pages of blank paper. On the binder was printed “What do you think?”

I need medical assistance to remove the brainwashing and legal assistance to validate my victimhood. Please call 1-800-Iam-Borg if you can help.

Limerick on August 6, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Obviously the arguments saying the outrage is orchestrated by the GOP is a lie. Doing that would require the GOP to actually get off their dead butts, stop worrying about where they’re going for lunch, stop worrying about the invite they didn’t get to the country club, and ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING!

Jeff from WI on August 6, 2009 at 8:11 AM

It’s a good thing we have grassroots organizations like Think Progress watching out for well funded astroturfers like MacGuffie.

Think Progress is a “project” of the American Progress Action Fund (APAF), a “sister advocacy organization” of the John Podesta-led Center for American Progress (CAP) and CAP’s entities such as Campus Progress. It also draws freely on the resources of the George Soros-funded Media Matters website edited by David Brock.

RadClown on August 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM

give me a break
it’s freedom of speech and freedom to assemble until the opposing team does it, then it’s disrespectful. sheesh

sandlin71 on August 5, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Don’t you remember how well behaved and respectful the left was during the Bush years? And they didn’t have any well funded groups trying to undermine Bush, did they?

Ann NY on August 6, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I think we should all throw penny loafers at the next townhall…or at least rubber surgical gloves….

percysunshine on August 6, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Baucus sounds ghey

ballz2wallz on August 6, 2009 at 8:44 AM

That picturte of Baucus, Chuck e Cheese and Felon Dodd should be on a post office wall.

Amazed on August 6, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Someone on the radio had a suggestion this morning regarding the “mob”…Let’s have some fun with the accusation.

I’m a member of the “MOB” – “Move Obama Back”…

golfer1 on August 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Baucus sounds ghey

ballz2wallz on August 6, 2009 at 8:44 AM

That explains his gushing tingling comment.

seven on August 6, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Aggie95 on August 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM

We did yesterday. But they never got back to us. I’ll have to try harder…

karl9000 on August 6, 2009 at 9:35 AM

We did yesterday. But they never got back to us. I’ll have to try harder…

karl9000 on August 6, 2009

I have committed to sending at least five emails a day to flag@whitehouse.gov. More if I have time.
Per dhunter suggestion on a previous thread, I sent a copy of the constitution and all amendments this morning. Help me out. What else can I send? Let’s bury the SOB’s.

SKYFOX on August 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM

tanyab on August 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Tanya, your brothers and sisters in Virginia salute you and thank you for your sacrifices. Let us all keep our faith and strength.

riverrat10k on August 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Yeah, that’s an interesting thought, and I understand the feeling, but it would play right into their paranoid fantasies of Right-wingers gone crazy. They’d only use it to take away all of our rights and justify their Big Brother approaches to watching us.

And it’s wrong.

Esthier on August 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM

It’s not always wrong, as there is a time when it becomes called for. “Tree of liberty with the blood of patriots”, and all that jazz.

One could argue “right” and “wrong” are secondary – more like “cause” and “effect”. Insult enough people in a bar and someone is going to bash a bottle off your head. It will happen at some point, right and wrong don’t even enter into it.

That is why there is a press on limiting gun rights, especially from the left, as the left seeks more and more control over individuals, and knows that will result in considerable opposition, sometimes violent.

Habitual line-stepping will result in a opposite reaction of “checking” – “this far, no farther”.

Things haven’t gotten that bad yet so that the average person starts locking and loading, but we are certainly getting there. The loud opposition now is heartening in that people are waking up, and can take other action before that “2nd Amendment avenue” becomes necessary.

I’m all for peaceful voting, I simply hope that remains a viable option, and not an Iranian-style sham, for once ACORN activists forge votes and Black Panther radicals intimidate voters, all from the comfort of the polling place, and amnesty legislation graces millions of illegals with voting rights to drown out the votes of those that actually pay the bills, you’ll realize a vote doesn’t carry the same weight it used to. That happens when the parasites outnumber the hosts.

The best way for politicians to save themselves and this republic, figuratively and literally, is to hold themselves accountable for their decisions/crimes “legitimately” under the law before the people hold them accountable “illegitimately”. Term limits, limit govt. compensation, face prison sentences that we would face if similarly convicted, read the legislation you draft, limit govt. spending, etc. i.e. be answerable to the people, don’t sit in judgment of them, they employ you, you serve them, not the other way around. It’s the pols/court or the gallows, and the choice is ultimately theirs to make.

Saltyron on August 6, 2009 at 10:59 AM

It’s funny really, this type of thing is romanticized if the group is a liberal leaning orginization (regardless of who their connections are). Yet, if it’s a conservative group, it’s down right awful, evil even.

Unfit For The Internet on August 6, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I was on the road, when I heard Rush talking about this. I couldn’t wait to get to my desk to read this.

Unbelievable!!! How inept, stupid, and insipid, lazy, dishonest, dispicable, and idiotic the liberals look right now.

I seem to be at a loss for words on this, but not adjectives. ;)

capejasmine on August 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM

We conservatives worry every minute of what the left thinks of us. Who cares?? Ever see a leftist worry about what we think of them? Let’s stop trying to do PR and stop this damn socialist agenda being crammed down our throats. We KNOW who we are, and we are people ready to take back our country.

Herb on August 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Tactics like this coming from the WH, something I never thought I would hear in my life time. Where is the ACLU and the voices of all “AMERICANS”, when the freedom of dissent and the right to voice it is attacked by the so called leader. New age version of calling out the “Brown” shirts.

hillbilly on August 6, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Great Post. Unfortunately, its par for the course.

The best way to think about it is this: How many times are conservatives outraged at what they see on TV and the media, and how many times are the liberals outraged?

What was the last news story that got the attention of liberals for inaccuracy, authenticity, or just plain malice toward their cause?

mperek on August 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Angry Mobs is only half correct!

The Mob part goes to the gang from Chicago. We need an Elliot Ness now like never before.

bluegrass on August 7, 2009 at 8:04 AM