Reason TV finds another enemy of the state

posted at 12:55 pm on August 5, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

It didn’t take Reason.TV to find an enemy of the state, as defined by the Obama administration. In fact, they found someone, in Linda Douglass’ words, “with a computer and a lot of time on [his] hands” right in their own offices. Peter Suderman has been writing about the health-care issue and uses CBO estimates and Barack Obama’s previous statements on single-payer systems … and therefore, Suderman must be stopped:

It’s not just that you have a principled intellectual disagreement about incompetent bureaucrats controlling 15% of the economy through state-run health care, but that you write regularly about the fact that more than 88 million people could potentially lose their private, employer-based coverage. It’s that you’re using reliable sources, data from the CBO, and cold, hard facts to scare people when making your arguments.

Yeah, statists really hate that, don’t they? And that hat looks suspiciously … nice, too.

Comments

Leftist rule number one: never let the facts get in the way of your feelings.

BadgerHawk on August 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM

What up? Why is the community organizer in chief complaining about communities organizing? Didn’t he go to Community Organizer College?

D0WNT0WN on August 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Hahahahahahaha!!!

“Peter’s so smug with his little hat and his CBO citations…”

Solid.

Abby Adams on August 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM

She’s dressed too nice.

lorien1973 on August 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM

It’s a terrible thing to use cold, hard facts to make an argument! Especially facts from reliable sources! Oh how the truth gets in the way sometimes!

Shock the Monkey on August 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Que sera sera,

saiga on August 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Hey we need to report fishy statements.

I guess we should write in and report Linda Douglas for fishy statements that contradict what President Obama public statements.

petertheslow on August 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM

She seems… angry.

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Citing CBO statistics now qualifies as hate speech. Amerika the beautiful.

D0WNT0WN on August 5, 2009 at 1:03 PM

This Haloween I expect to see a lot of little kids dressed up like these protesters attending the town hall meetings.

Scary.

What if they have pages of the health care bill scotch-taped to their foreheads?

Pee in your pants scary.

fogw on August 5, 2009 at 1:03 PM

That made me chuckle, but seriously, this is not funny at all…

HadithHarry on August 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Obama’s call for turning in “fishy” attacks on his socialism.

The word “fishy” is used deliberately, to refer to the mob hit term “He sleep with the fishes“.

Chicago tactics on a national scale.Wait,.. Fishes have scales.

This is out of hand.

portlandon on August 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM

At least, we can still laugh about it all, now. That laughing will not continue if the Washington junta stays in power. Laughing such as this was a quick ticket to Siberia, once the Bolsheviks solidified their power, and for decades after.

Say what you will, but getting this ineligible poser out of the White House is about the only thing that can save this nation. If that brings on a hot civil war, then so be it, because that war is raging right now, anyway. This nation is under direct attack by America-haters and what they want to build will be chilling, to the nth degree.

This current demonizing of opponents to their idiotic legislation is nothing. What they’ve got up their sleeves is orders of magnitude worse, and it’s coming.

progressoverpeace on August 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM

She seems… angry.

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Check out her eyes. Real Kool-aid eyes on that broad. And I love the way she said, “…trying to scare people when you’re trying to bring them health-insurance reform…”

We should all, of course, wait sheepishly for our betters to “bring” stuff to us.

guntotinglibertarian on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Koolaid free economists must be purged.

seven on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Is all this anger sustainable to keep the pressure on the filthy liar and to make a difference in 2010?

highhopes on August 5, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I have done my duty and reported this to the White House Ministry of Information Refutation!

/salute

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

She’s dressed too nice.

lorien1973 on August 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM

LOLOL

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

She seems… angry.

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Heartbreak of psoriasis or just simple constipation?

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

well…I guess my progressive brother will be turning me in. I sent him an e-mail this AM that contained some of those cold hard facts.

oops…

becki51758 on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

oops…

becki51758 on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Bye Becki,take a jacket for those re-education camps. It’ll be November before you’re “returned”.

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I reported to Flag@whithouse.gov:

I though you would want to know: there is a film of a skinny guy with big ears that cannot speak unless he is reading and he’s pretending to be Dear Leader and he’s saying that he (Obama) wants a single payer system. Since Dear Leader says he doesn’t, this guy is a phony and I hope you will run him out of the country…maybe to Kenya?….and never let him back in.

Please report back on your investigation.

Dingbat63 on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I also reported my Dem Lib Senator:

Sen Hagan will not say that she will sign up for Dear Leader’s Obama Care. I think this means she is disloyal to Dear Leader. What are you going to do about it?

Dingbat63 on August 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I will make sure to take a jacket…and maybe a hat like Suderman’s.

becki51758 on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

She looks “shovel ready”

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

It never fails to creep me out when people can just flat out lie and look so composed.

BigWyo on August 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

The CBO is guilty of Anti-Obama Agitation under Article 58 of the People’s Criminal Code of the Socialist Utopia of America.

The CBO will be purged.

And I’m not kidding. Personnel will be forcibly removed. It’s how Socialism works.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

BigWyo on August 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Yes, because there are no limits to what such people can do.

progressoverpeace on August 5, 2009 at 1:22 PM

The Joker’s head spokesman, the community organizer in chief, is now criticizing the most cherished profession that ever employed him?

We are all community organizers now.

tarpon on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Her clothes are way too nice to be what she says she is!

Frances on August 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM

progressoverpeace on August 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Perhaps Al Gore could send some of his “snoopy” reporters into RNC headquarters. After all, if they get caught, Slick Willy will come to the rescue, since an Academy Award and Nobel Prize winner has not enough credibility to serve a North Korean jackass. (Exit question: How can Obama justify paying an ineffective Secretary of State with “only house-keeping abilities”?

Rovin on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

We are all community organizers now.

tarpon on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Amen

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Forget Nixon, Zero has the longest enemies list ever.

wildcat84 on August 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM

dingbat

Hahahahahaha. I only wish I could get my hands on all the emails they get.

Frances on August 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I see that same look in her eyes when I was accosted by the Moonies at SFO a few years back. Or when Tom Cruise starts claiming to fly, purge thetans, and ridicule Psychiatrists.

Wide-eyed, vacuous, and so calm while claiming their cult has no dangers.

Nethicus on August 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM

One huge fishy thing Linda ia a former ABC
News Correspondent now the White House health
reform Communications Director.

Texyank on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Dissent is patriotic. Right?

Scrappy on August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM

You’re all reported! Again.

Frances on August 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Okay, so is it me or is the White House “asking for it”? They want to know if “something seems fishy about healthcare reform”? How about everything. If haven’t done so already, all those that think something’s fishy about the healthcare reform bill should email flag@whitehouse.gov and let them know what it is. Hopefully the volume will shut it down.

NickelAndDime on August 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

What is the Obama Assministration trying to accomplish with the Lady Skeletor look?

Mommypundit on August 5, 2009 at 1:38 PM

She’s dressed too nice.

lorien1973 on August 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I forget. Does Brooks Brothers have a women’s line of clothes?

If so, someone should report Linda Douglas.

P.S. I wonder whether sales at Brooks Brothers will now tank after being disparaged by the Obama administration. Recall Biden and the airline industry and Obama and Las Vegas tourism.

BuckeyeSam on August 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM

A little O/T: Fox news reports Senator Cornyn has sent a strongly worded letter to Obama about his new ‘snitch on your neighbor’ program.

LASue on August 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Obama says “get in their face at 0.37″, with nice Doors bumper music.

tessa on August 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM

She looks “shovel ready”

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Now that’s funny!

BuckeyeSam on August 5, 2009 at 1:40 PM

A little O/T: Fox news reports Senator Cornyn has sent a strongly worded letter to Obama about his new ’snitch on your neighbor’ program.

LASue on August 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM

How ’bout it? Paging Joseph McCarthy?

BuckeyeSam on August 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Dissent is patriotic. Right?

Scrappy on August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Only when Republicans are in charge.

Then you DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEBATE OR DISAGREE WITH THE ADMINISTRATION /ShrillaryModeOff

wildcat84 on August 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Yeah, nothing lederhosen about that. . .

- The Cat

MirCat on August 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM

You’re all reported! Again.

Frances on August 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Drat… Mr Flag is going to be sending them out to haul me off to “Ze Camps” to “Get my mind right” any minute now.

wildcat84 on August 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM

She looks “shovel ready”

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Wicked. Delicious.

John the Libertarian on August 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Every person on here needs to get a fake email address and send it to every democrat you know with the heading

“Stop The Lies Of The Republican Party”

Include a message that republicans are organizing to ruin Obama and they need to be reported then give the Flag@whitehouse.gov email address.

Might even make posters saying the same and put them up in busy downtown areas. “Report All Republicans!”

The backlash would be delicious.

GoodBoy on August 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I think it means she doesn’t want her six week paid vacation interrupted by all those well-dressed vigilantes.

highhopes on August 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Please report any well-dressed people that you see on the street.

faraway on August 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM

My, my, 1st its the snitchboard operator, the from Pamela Geller we have the reason this info here;

I feel like in a nightmare of Twilight Zone proportions where I am trapped between the pages of Animal Farm!

Which brings us to FBI informant Grathwohl’s testamony to just totally freak us out.

How the F@%K is this happening!

Archimedes on August 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Obama = Blofelt.

Rode Werk on August 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Sorry ’bout the typo’s!My, my, 1st its the snitchboard operator, then from Pamela Geller we have the reason thjey want this info here;

How the F@%K is this happening!

Archimedes on August 5, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Will you all slow down pleae. My Outlook outbox is full and I’m waiting for the “send” to complete.

CC

CapedConservative on August 5, 2009 at 2:01 PM

The irony here is that the “astro-turfing” was coined as a term for the false impression of grass roots activism to further one’s agenda by the technique’s inventor…wait for it….David Axelrod!

Archimedes on August 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Funny video.

Dr. Manhattan on August 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM

becki51758 on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I’d say I’ll loan you Mr. Backhoe and Mr. Springfield for when they show up at your front door but I think I’ll need them when my lib sister turns me in.

chemman on August 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Here is a copy of my email to flag@whitehouse.gov, sent last night:

To whom it concerns:

This clip from youtube was sent to me this morning. It has a lady on it that is saying things about Obama’s position on the single payer plan that sound pretty fishy! I don’t believe a word she is saying, but other’s might be gullible!

I believed Obama when he made it perfectly clear back in 2003 that he favors a single payer plan, but he said it would take time to put it in place. This lady, Linda Douglass, is trying to pass disinformation to confuse us! She says she is from the whitehouse, but I don’t believe her. The whitehouse would NEVER try to distract the public with disinformation! Right?

LEBA on August 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM

great video!

WannabeAnglican on August 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM

When do we start flooding the Mr. Flag’s email with misinformation from our very own government?

ballz2wallz on August 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I look into that woman’s eyes and I see…

…Satan?

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

ballz2wallz on August 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM

You could put every single speech of Zero in this category. He’s lying about what is actually in healthcare “reform” every time he talks about it.

wildcat84 on August 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I know a guy who works over at Minitruth…erm, let’s just call him “Smith”…says they’re working on a program that sniffs out old videos on the internet and changes them to reflect true historical accuracy.

Of course, I don’t believe-claims he’s out of razor blades but he’s always clean shaven.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 5, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Dear Linda Douglas,

Please forgive my curiosity. Do you have kids? What kind of message do you send to America’s children when you tell lies like this to the public? Are some lies good and others bad? Do you sort and classify them as big whoppers, out and out lies, little white lies, fibs, fabrications or misstatements? How do sleep at night knowing that you’ve lied? Does your super-duper health care plan cover sleeping pills and/or mind erasers to induce a peaceful slumber?

And, who should I really believe? You, or the President when his lips move?

Sincerely,
George W. Ashington

Barb Dwyer on August 5, 2009 at 3:33 PM

We should all send emails to the white house telling them that Barrack Obama is spreading misinformation about health care and that they should keep an eye on him. Link to the 2003 uncut video where Obama says he wants single payer health care. ;-)

lanesmerge on August 5, 2009 at 4:00 PM

lanesmerge on August 5, 2009 at 4:00 PM

lol now we’re talkin

ballz2wallz on August 5, 2009 at 4:36 PM

As is my Youth Brigade duty, I informed on President Barack Hussein Obama II for smoking. Dear Leader does not say this is covered in glorious health plan. Plus, he smells like smoked fish! Also, I’m worried he might toss a cigarette butt into Miz Michelle’s toxic veggie garden and ignite an underground fire that will burn like the Gates of Hell for almost 40 years. Please don’t firebomb the White House Mr. President! Can’t you be satisfied with your community organizers in Alaska?

FeFe on August 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM

ballz2wallz

You haven’t started yet?

xblade on August 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Didn’t he go to Community Organizer College?

D0WNT0WN on August 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Direct to the circus from Klown Kollege, Barack “The Happy Hawaiian” Obama! Give him a three ring circus welcome, people!

ExpressoBold on August 5, 2009 at 5:32 PM

We should all send emails to the white house telling them …

I’ll bet they are swamped! I’m surprised they haven’t reported the e-mail system failed in a Denial of Service situation of their own making!

ExpressoBold on August 5, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I would actually like to send an email to Linda Douglas. Does anyone have a link? Wouldn’t it be on a government website somewhere? Here’s what I’d like to say:
Dear Ms. Douglas,
You recently stated that a report from the Drudge Report asserting that President Obama, some years ago, stated flatly that he was in favor of a single payor health plan. You stated that this declaration was taken out of context and used to scare people away from the proposed healthcare bill. I’m willing to consider this as a possibility and would ask that you publicly state, as you did with the previous assertion, a) what the context was b)how the context alters the meaning of what then Senator Obama said and c) whether or not he’s had a change of heart on the issue of a single payer system and if so d)what provisions in the bill address and deter the encroachment of a single payer government run health care system?

Yours Truly,
etc. etc…

jakabok_botch on August 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM

And that hat looks suspiciously … nice, too.

Is he wearing a Brooks Brother’s suit?

I R A Darth Aggie on August 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM

lanesmerge on August 5, 2009 at 4:00 PM

That’s what I’m doing: Sending them all of the Joker’s lies about this train wreck in the making. And since he lies daily about it, there’s no shortage of disinformation to pass along.

They asked for it, so they’re getting it. My goal is to crash their server permanently. ;o)

NoLeftTurn on August 5, 2009 at 8:00 PM

chemman on August 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM</blockquote

you remember that saying..you can pick your a$$, but u cant pick your relatives.

becki51758 on August 5, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I’m sure Reason hates this, too, and I wish they would speak out against it: Mental Health Coverage in Bailout.

This is covert government meddling, the likes of which will (intentionally?) destroy private insurance.

They should get out of running our lives, period!

PattyJ on August 5, 2009 at 10:46 PM