Pranktastic: RNC redirects angry liberal phone calls to DNC headquarters

posted at 7:39 pm on August 5, 2009 by Allahpundit

How intolerant of them not to listen patiently while the Democrats’ own mob of irate liberal zombies calls in to tell them what Nazis they are.

National Republicans turned the tables on their political counterparts Wednesday by redirecting angry telephone calls coming into their switchboard to the Democratic National Committee.

The DNC released a Web video early in the morning accusing the GOP of inciting mob activity at town hall meetings.

At the end of the video, the DNC instructs people to call the Republican National Committee to express outrage. Callers who dial the RNC’s main number to voice their concern about the DNC’s charges are told to press 1, which sends them to the DNC’s main switchboard.

Imagine all the sweet-ass “Uncle Tom” invective Michael Steele missed out on. Anything to say for yourself, Mr. Chairman?

“We are encouraging people to visit their congressman or their senator,” he said. “As citizens they have a right to express their points of view.”

Steele, sounding angry, then said, “don’t sit there and think that you’re going to direct a bunch of angry liberals to call the RNC when I know full well what that’s all about.” He added that he gets “the joke.”

Steele went on to complain about the “arrogance” of an Obama administration that he said was looking down its nose at his mother, sister, family members and coworkers.

“To sit back and say that this is some Republican cabal is a bunch of baloney,” he said. “And you can substitute that B for something else if you want.”

Steele added that callers should “talk to your own party because they’re the ones that are ginning this nonsense up.”

He concluded his comments by saying, “and besides, I thought it was a good idea.”

Works for me. For dessert, a little something extra in the prank genre from How the World Works.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

KittyLowrey on August 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Paul the American on August 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM

That is even better. Go all out full dress tuxedos with tails or rags like a hobo with a little sack tied on a stick. LOL!

kahall on August 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Would a monocle be overkill?

Paul the American on August 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM

No. Do it!

Loxodonta on August 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM

tee hee

couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people :-)

cmsinaz on August 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM

No. Do it!

Loxodonta on August 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM

ditto

cmsinaz on August 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Ours is tomorrow at 6pm. I’m going to dress up my mother in law as a bag lady. I’m not kidding. We’re hoping she’ll get called on. I’m wearing a “O” tee shirt. Hubby will be wearing an “O” hat. Son will be filming for You Tube.

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM

That is awesome. Make sure you post the vid here.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

mjk on August 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM

It’s funny how people in the link to CNN think that the RNC is being childish when they (the DNC) created the tattle tail line. There hypocracy proves that this is working.

FontanaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Everyone attending “town hall” meetings should wear dark suits, white shirts or blouses, sunglasses, and carry a briefcase.

crosspatch on August 5, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Or just wear a Barry or Hillary mask. Too bad there isn’t a Barbara Boxer mask.

SouthernGent on August 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

When I called today and got another phone number to call, then called it and the DNC answered, it caught me off guard. But when I realized what had happened I couldn’t contain the laughter and told the screener, “Oh…. this is sweet!”

PrincipledPilgrim on August 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Kudos to Steel. Man, it’s about time.

AnninCA on August 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Next townhall meeting that is scheduled in my area, I am showing up dressed in rags with boxer shorts over the slacks with Ma’am senator painted on the boxers.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Go Republicans! The Grand LOL Party!

Loxodonta on August 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I think Steele is starting to get the hang of things.

Percy_Peabody on August 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I hope he is. It’s about time, too.

I was a supporter of Steele, then he made some pretty serious missteps… maybe he’ll redeem himself after all.

jana on August 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Would a monocle be overkill?

Paul the American on August 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Hahahaa! Not at all. Be sure to tilt your nose upward and talk like John Kerry. Oh! And bring some expensive cigars and a chauffeur. Oh! And make sure you have someone to hold your tuxedo tails as you enter the building. And, bring pennies to throw, side to side.

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

When I go to see “Benedict Arlen” Specter in State College, I was thinking about a tuxedo with tails and a top hat.

Would a monocle be overkill?

Paul the American on August 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Excellent idea. Everyone dress up like the Monopoly guy!

Mr. Steele, I’m impressed. You’ve exasperated me quite a bit so far, but I must give credit where it’s due; this is awesome.

Between Steele’s comments, and Cornyn and Issa firing off their respective letters, is it safe to say that the Elephants are starting to find their bawlz?

Fallen Sparrow on August 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM

crosspatch on August 5, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Jake and Elwood would agree.

ICBM on August 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM

crosspatch on August 5, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Naw,I’m thing ball gown,18 button gloves and a tiara.

katy the mean old lady on August 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM

oops! thinking.. preview is your friend!

katy the mean old lady on August 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM

It’s about time the RNC got some testicular fortitude. The Liberals are going to try to pack the Townhall Meetings. Don’t let them. If your congresscritter is brave enough to hold one, go to it and take your friends and family with you.

kingsjester on August 5, 2009 at 8:32 PM

What event was that where Nancy Reagan wore rags and parodied Second Hand Rose?

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Me likey…….!

…… Especially hearing the Democrats squeal like stuck pigs.

Seven Percent Solution on August 5, 2009 at 8:32 PM

The Glen Beck skit on this was the best! I laughed my ass off.

Ampersand on August 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Would a monocle be overkill?

Paul the American on August 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM

The time to dust off that old evening gown bought for an old Christmas party has finally arrived…

BakerAllie on August 5, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I think both of you will look very dashing. Pictures please.

Cindy Munford on August 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM

ball gown,18 button gloves and a tiara.

katy the mean old lady on August 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Ter-asah Heinz Kerry has entered the thread. All hail! She wore that on election night 2004.

LOL

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I am still boycotting Heinz products.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Nothin’ but net!

Jim708 on August 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such fighting in the politics of the country like this.

I grew up in the 80s… Was the political stuff during Nixon’s time this bad, or was it the total media control that made it seem tamer?

Skywise on August 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM

The protest riots of the late 60s and early 70s were real and they were violent. The difference was that the protesters were not walking the halls of power.

INC on August 5, 2009 at 8:40 PM

FontanaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

They just don’t seem to get it.

That’s OK though. We do, and it’s hilarious. Turn about is fair play, right?

Esthier on August 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Bravo, Mr. Steele… Bravo!!

JohnGalt23 on August 5, 2009 at 8:44 PM

SouthernGent on August 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

No novelty company could be that tasteless.

Jim708 on August 5, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Awesome! Need more!

aikidoka on August 5, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Hello, have I reached the party to whom I am speaking?

Cheshire Cat on August 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM

We don’t care. We don’t have to. We’re the Phone Company.

— Ernestine

We don’t care about the truth. We don’t have to. We’re the government.

— Linda Douglass

Loxodonta on August 5, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I am still boycotting Heinz products.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Yeah, me too. I miss my Heinz 57 but I get to watch it on TV every day now so that keeps me from Jones’in.

I know, fishy post. Report me.

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM

We don’t care. We don’t have to. We’re the Phone Company.

— Ernestine

We don’t care about the truth. We don’t have to. We’re the government.

— Linda Douglass

Loxodonta on August 5, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Ooooh.. Good one! Fishy Report!

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM

The DNC got PUNKED! Heck yeah!

Rightwingguy on August 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Agents from the Ministry of Truth will be at your door shortly. Big Brother is not amused.

Rightwingguy on August 5, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I always found it quite odd that liberals refer to Republicans as Nazis, because the Nazis were leftist socialists.

I mean, since when were the Nazis ever known for deregulation?

jjrakman on August 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I have learned to like A-1, it goes down easier.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM

The prank and the video both great!!

njpat on August 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Ooooh.. Good one! Fishy Report!

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM

It would save them a lot of time if they just sent the Schutzstaffel after every registered republican rather than wait for the fishing expeditions to commence.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Time to apologize to those of us who supported Michael all along
baloney. Steele still hasnt won a single election even in red states.

The dems are on the ropes and this is all he can do is pranks ?

William Amos on August 5, 2009 at 8:06 PM

While I agree that Steele will ultimately be judged by how many Republicans he helps get elected, can’t you just enjoy today and appreciate the fact that the RNC under his leadership did something tactically brilliant?
As a conservative, I want to see the RNC be more effective in their message and their ability to win elections with conservative values and principles. I still hope Steele is the right guy for the job; can’t we see how things play out in the two ’09 Gubenatorial races as our next measure?

Red State State of Mind on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Ahhh…. the RNC using the most important muscle now….?

Maybe there is hope? Be still my beating heart, it’s just one day.

Well played sir, well played indeed.

Hog Wild on August 5, 2009 at 9:13 PM

LOL!

I like this play by Steele.

Chaz706 on August 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Humor and ridicule are the Dems’ worst enemies. We should beat them to death with those tools. Good move Steale! Hit ‘em again, harder.

BottomLine5 on August 5, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Rightwingguy on August 5, 2009 at 8:57 PM

maybe you can find a nice Dutch family to hide you in their attic….

Red State State of Mind on August 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Better would have been to record their rant, package it up, and send it to flag@whitehouse.gov (who, after all, is really interested in finding out about all these “misconceptions”)

unclesmrgol on August 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Awesome! Maybe someone at the RNC has some imagination afterall.

frank58 on August 5, 2009 at 9:29 PM

For the “party of opposition that can’t offer any better ideas” or so I am told… this is pretty friggin brilliant.

Bakers on August 5, 2009 at 9:41 PM

OT:

Did anyone see the Beck skit with some guy dressed up as Linda Douglas on her YouTube spot?

Hilarious. The outfit was great, and the glasses were a nice touch. I hope his staffer got a bonus for that role.

BuckeyeSam on August 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Smart move boss man. Smart move.

ted c on August 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I think some couple should go as this. Would put you on the national news, for sure.

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Although they are Democrats, Marcy Kaptur and Harry Reid would take the prize; go look at their glamour shots; they’re spitin’ images

Red State State of Mind on August 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM

FontanaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 8:27 PM

The CNN blog moderators are heavily leftist; I don’t know about the actual readers of the blog.

As an example, one day they had a blog post about the White House starting to use Twitter. I made some snarky comment about a twit Tweeting. It was not approved for posting. No big deal, their blog, their decision.

Not long thereafter was a post about Palin using Twitter. Now, CNN hates Palin. An almost identical comment was submitted, but that one was approved.

malclave on August 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Red State State of Mind on August 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Marcy Kaptur is a hagula.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Marcy Kaptur is a hagula.

OmahaConservative on August 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Yikes!!!
You have to admit, if she pulled her hair back and stood next to Harry Reid they could easily win first prize at a typical halloween party, couldn’t they? And I’m guessing one of Reid’s constituents could lend him their pitchfork for the party.

Red State State of Mind on August 5, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Swing Batta, Swing!

Steele, you magnificent ba$tard! Pure GOLD, I tell ya! I’m sending a check first thing tomorrow.

Thanks for the video Allah. Laugh -out-loud funny!!!

TN Mom on August 5, 2009 at 10:20 PM

As soon as the DNC gets smart and tells its subjects to not push 1, RNC should make 2 do a rickroll.

Half the dim-o-craps probably wouldn’t get the joke.

platypus on August 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM

unclesmrgol on August 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Not to worry. I already sent Flag@whitehouse.gov about 20 emails just to jam their system, and they have already taken it down, they say. Odds are it was this woman, who came from the liberal media with their devious ways wouldn’t cha know, who had this tattle-tale, Cuban-style-rat-on-your-neighbor idea. What a twit you must be. Do we still live in America or what? FREEDOM!!!

doncow on August 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Skywise on August 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Hi Skywise, I’ve been around since the 40s, and it has been bad in the past, but neighbor against neighbor has never been this bad. There is such anger. But it because we are being taken over and our freedoms taken away. It has never been like this before when it comes to restricting us in so many ways. This is a very extreme state of affairs that young people just don’t understand. You couldn’t possibly know what you will be missing if you let this go.

doncow on August 5, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I think that the hoopla over Obama winning has just sort of destabilized the country. His agenda is very progressive. I remember 3 different questions in debates, after we knew about the meltdown, to him about what he would change.

He said, “nothing.”

I knew then it was going to be wicked. His agenda might have been more accepted were it not for the financial disaster of last year.

But people just can’t reconcile this all. It’s way too big.

AnninCA on August 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I love how this jerkwad is so kind and gives me permission to “if you like your “health insurance you can keep it” or “if you like your doctor you can keep him”

Oh gee thanks for your permission OH GREAT ONE? When has a president ever had to say that?

I wonder whats next….”well PTD if you like that dude you married you can keep him” or “well PTD if you are currently enjoying your children I will let you keep them too”

How benevolent of him

proudteadrinker on August 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I loved this guy who talked about conflict. He said, “Remember, the other guy always has a next play, too.”

I think it’s telling that the DNC thought that there was no “next play.”

Steel delivered.

AnninCA on August 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Obviously She did not see the video……We Did!
LMAO …. Who Pays.. Did you see that one?

BigMike252 on August 5, 2009 at 11:11 PM

HEE HEE Ha ha, I’m starting to like the way Steele is playing the game.

hmfearny on August 5, 2009 at 11:35 PM

In related news, Steele is organizing an effort to call Nancy Pelosi’s office and ask her if her refridgerator is running.

DrAllecon on August 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM

snip

How benevolent of him

proudteadrinker on August 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Exactly my thoughts. Irks me to no end.

This arrogant a$$ is telling me I can keep/have things that I have had since 20 years before he was even born. And I actually woked for what I had/have. Just being “Present” was never an option.

He can kiss my butt, and his cult had just better stay “off my lawn”. I have had it with all of them.

They have made me mad enough for me to be a good rendition of a very angry one-man-mob!!!

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 11:48 PM

My, my. If this keeps up we’ll end up with a completely dysfunctional political system and nothing will ever happen…

Hypocrites oath: Don’t f*ck things up.

I could live with that!

PD Quig on August 5, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Someone is getting a check in the mail!

Punchenko on August 5, 2009 at 11:52 PM

But people just can’t reconcile this all. It’s way too big.

AnninCA on August 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM

You seem to be indicating that this is all to big for us to understand, or comprehend.

Is that your intent?

Because if that is what you mean you are as arrogant in your thinking as Obama.

The reason people are against all of this is because they actually understand that it won’t work, and we can’t afford to pay for it. PERIOD.

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Most Americans are just ordinary people, living ordinary lives. But they’re not stupid. And they actually love our country. God bless them.

Loxodonta on August 6, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

juanito on August 6, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I love the tiara idea and will keep one handy for future protests. Good times!

redwhiteblue on August 6, 2009 at 12:48 AM

HEE HEE Ha ha, I’m starting to like the way Steele is playing the game.

hmfearny on August 5, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I don’t mean to burst your bubble,and give credit where credit is due, but although this was a great move, it’ been by a party that’s been too little and perhaps too late to this battle. Looking good is great, but it’s winning the war that counts.

Jeff from WI on August 6, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Hoisted on their own petard.

Terrye on August 6, 2009 at 6:36 AM

I actually thought we were going to have an ‘anninca’ free thread. I understand they send her out because she is such a self important smug idiot.

red131 on August 6, 2009 at 7:33 AM

I bet the hypocrisy of organizing an angry mob of callers to complain about an angry mob completely escapes them.

The stupidity is just shocking. However, the larger point is that there’s nothing wrong for either side to organize and yet, only the left whines about it.

We can be silent no more!

Renwaa on August 6, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Mr. Steele I suspect you won’t see this but KUDOS Sir……… LOL here’s a suggestion …… get a few of the best and brightest at the RNC ……. you know the ones ….. the ones who are always playing practical jokes …… the ones who think outside the box ……. the ones with a sense of humor …….. give them a name like THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG and turn them loose on the DNC….. the DCCC… and the like…..I mean think about it …there is so much out there they can play on ………ACORN paying for votes with cigarettes and 1.00 $ bills ….. or the line they can’t be for real because they are to well dressed ( unlike liberal protesters who usually seem to need a bath a shave and a job ) so much stuff

Aggie95 on August 6, 2009 at 8:00 AM

ericdondero on August 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

If he continues to do epic stuff like this then he’s good to go.

scrubbiedude on August 6, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts.

Linda Douglas looks like she’s performing in a hostage video.

“Is it safe?”

EMD on August 6, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Here’s an idea based on a parody: “White House Requests People Email It ‘Fishy’ Health Care Claims; Servers Crash Under Onslaught of Video Clips Featuring President, Members of Congress”: http://www.optoons.blogspot.com (August 5 entry)

Mervis Winter on August 6, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Fallen Sparrow on August 5, 2009

Yes, but isn’t it a shame they didn’t have them all along? I will give them credit when due, but I need firm promises of constitutional conservatism before I trust them with my vote ever again.

SKYFOX on August 6, 2009 at 10:08 AM

*Brilliant*

grapeknutz on August 6, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Good let the DNC answer the calls from those that they unite against reason. I wonder if the ACORN people were given money to use the pay phones……… oh, I forgot they probably supply them government cell phones since they are practically on the payroll.

workingforpigs on August 6, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Good stuff Steele, beats the daily “give me money to beat up HillaryCare” emails, that missed the mark by 5 miles.

As to the “snitch” email addy – it doesnt take a genius to overwhelm it with bot’s hammering their inbox. Use an IP proxy service and mask your computer MAC address.

Considering the depth of technical knowledge from the AA admin – these clowns will be running in circles. Of course – the new meme would be “radial Reps overload and damage WH computers and servers” – but hey , we know that was coming anyway.

Odie1941 on August 6, 2009 at 10:50 AM

All he has to do is go look at DU.

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Those are some angry and foul mouthed people over there, aren’t they? One would think they’d be happy since their people are in charge now. I looked in a couple of other threads and found this gem:

“I’m tired of RW talking points being passed along in the mainstream media as fact.”

HUH?