Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on August 5, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Allahpundit covered this yesterday, but it’s worth highlighting as an OOTD just for the sheer idiocy and evocations of a White House looking for snitches.  Did no one in the Obama administration think about the historical reverberations of an executive branch trying to have neighbors squealing on each other when they dissent from the Fuehr — er, the President?

“There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end-of-life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain e-mails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an e-mail or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.”

Clearly, Barack Obama and his henchmen advisers haven’t figured out the difference between a campaign and an executive branch administration.  Presidents have to deal with criticism by answering it rather than building enemies lists, and especially not by opening 1-800-WESQUEAL lines or its e-mail equivalent.  Presidential campaigns don’t have the power to prosecute people, while administrations do.

Jon Henke wonders, “What, exactly, does the White House plan to do with this information?”  What did Nixon do with his enemies list?  Lately, that’s the best parallel I can see to this stonewalling, kneecapping administration.

Addendum: Normally I’d put a link to Chris Muir’s Day by Day site here, but today I want to do more than that. Chris has a fundraising drive to keep his excellent cartoon alive.  Be sure to drop a few dollars in his collection to keep one of the Rightosphere’s most talented warriors in the fight!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Snitch Czar!!

canopfor on August 5, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Daggett on August 5, 2009 at 9:05 AM

I sent 2 emails to the snitch squad yesterday, quoting MM’s articles about the ethics-challenged health czar and her moronic media flack. No response yet. :-)

KS Rex on August 5, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Hopefully, you’re sending through at LEAST two proxies, preferably in China, NKorea, or some other place that doesn’t cater to Obama and his thugocracy.

VibrioCocci on August 5, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Morning dorian, good to see you. I’m enjoying a cooler summer here in Va. Work is good!

rightside on August 5, 2009 at 9:07 AM

How’s the ‘Day by Day’ stimulus package working out?

Midas on August 5, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Maybe everyone should turn in any member of Congress who refuses to have an open forum on current legislation under consideration. What could be fishier then that.

Cindy Munford on August 5, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Dear flag-your-neighbor-as-terrorist@whitehouse.gov,

I want to report that the Hotair web site often tells the truth about Obamacare. It even hosted a video of Barney Frank recently admitting that the public option is a Trojan Horse that leads to a single-payer system. Please shut down this site. Any site that hosts so much truth is dangerous to the Obama administration in general and to the passing of Obamacare in particular. Thank you, and good luck squashing any evidence of your true motives.

Snitchingly Yours,
Daggett

Daggett on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I sent them a message yesterday, signed by Zombie Solzhenitsyn, letting them know they’re creeping America out.

BadgerHawk on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

How’s the ‘Day by Day’ stimulus package working out?

Midas on August 5, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Why haven’t we seen Obarfy’s mug on TV at a town meeting since he flapped his gums over the stupid conduct of Cambridge police officers?

fogw on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Massive fraud, and yes the Republican leadership IS IN ON IT… Any politician that has served more than 2 terms is by definition a criminal.

doriangrey on August 5, 2009

I have done a 180 on my stand against term limits. I used to buy the lie that it will deplete the congress of “good, experienced” representatives. I now know that is a load of crap. The benefits of keeping them in line by changing them on a regular basis far outweighs any negatives of inexperienced legislators. The constitution and our representative system is geared to new blood. Having entrenched, self-aggrandizing, power-hungry “lifers” in office clearly breeds corruption. I invite anyone to show me where it doesn’t. Show me your paragons of prudence:
Murtha, Pelosi, Kennedy, Byrd, Specter, Lugar? They all ceased to be representatives of the people and became representatives of their own personal interests.
We have two choices. I prefer the less bloody one. Vote them out.

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Well, I don’t know where they are sending us right wing extremist, It does look like they are recruting guards for us…

Wolftech on August 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM

This is a serious story. First, they are insulting the hell out their constituents by saying opposition to them is fake, and now they want people to start snitching on any opposition?

Obama is a Professor of Goonism.

forest on August 5, 2009 at 9:15 AM

fogw on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I think they have figured out that for every hour the fool is on tv they lose one approval rating point.

sherry on August 5, 2009 at 9:16 AM

We have two choices. I prefer the less bloody one. Vote them out.

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I’m all for term limits, too, but don’t you think that they will easily bypass term limits as well?

What would stop well connected individuals and companies from forming an “army” of candidates that they can use every time there is a new election?

VibrioCocci on August 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM

this sh!it’s insane.

Alden Pyle on August 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I created a fake email: Snitchin4Obama and emailed the whitehouse a copy of their plea for snitches. 100 times. Crash-n-burn, suckahs.

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Wolftech on August 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Remember always that is was part-time weekend warriors from the 800th MP Brigade (US Army Reserve) who brought us Abu Ghraib…

Other than going after the American population, what strategic need is there for an increase in IPW and Corrections personnel within our military?

We are no longer involved in IPW/Corrections in Iraq. We are closing overseas brigs for active-duty “criminals” as a cost cutting thing, and we have drawn down our facility at Baghram.

coldwarrior on August 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM

excellent :-)

cmsinaz on August 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM

this concept of “flag” is outrageous on so many levels. . .it boggles the mind how profoundly STUPID this administration is.
Also notice no one in the media, except Tapper, is reporting on this?

Willie on August 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Who’s up for reporting Linda Douglas for lying about Obama’s previous statements on single payer? That seems pretty fishy to me.

How about reporting all the Democrats who are going around saying opposition to the plan is “astroturfed” when they don’t have any evidence of it?

How about reporting Dick Durbin for stating that the public supports the health control bill when all the polls show that only a shrinking minority supports it.

Fishy.

forest on August 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Another step on the road to Fascism.

How effective will that mail address be if it gets mail from conservatives pointing out ‘fishy’ facts from the WH, Congress and liberal SIGs? Not sure what the current SOTA for data mining is.

OBQuiet on August 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM

coldwarrior on August 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Excellent point CW…

Keemo on August 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Actually the entire Health Care bill seems “fishy”, and chances are pretty good that Barry hasn’t even read it. Suppose we all just pick a page, any page, and send it to the White House? It could be called a “Teachable Moment from the American People.”

Barb Dwyer on August 5, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Go here to download the HR bill:

Get all 1,017 pages (1.69 megs), then attach it to an email and forward it to the snitch site as suspect information concerning the health bill. Send the entire thing. IT’S ALL FISHY!

A few thousand arrivals per day of 2 meg emails, for the next 4 or 5 days, should send a message.

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Had to make another snitch:

I though you would want to know: there is a film of a skinny guy with big ears that cannot speak unless he is reading and he’s pretending to be Dear Leader and he’s saying that he (Obama) wants a single payer system. Since Dear Leader says he doesn’t, this guy is a phony and I hope you will run him out of the country…maybe to Kenya?….and never let him back in. Please report back on your investigation.

Dingbat63 on August 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Does the administration know how stupid this sounds?
_____

Sorry, I forgot we are dealing with the Senior Class President.

yoda on August 5, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM

This same thought occurred to me as well. Then again, I’m probably already on The List, being a conservative veteran.

*downloads and e-mails*

ScaryBiscuits on August 5, 2009 at 9:38 AM

This is all too disturbing to contemplate. The fact that this tool administration can do stuff like this without any impunity makes me livid. When you add the MSM’s support to Barry’s socialism, it’s overwhelmingly grim. I need a walk out with the dogs to clear my head before I implode.

anniekc on August 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM

ScaryBiscuits on August 5, 2009 at 9:38 AM

LOL @ your name… too funny.

Oops.. are you Michelle Obama?

j/k

Key West Reader on August 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM

How about a place for normal people, who are not stuck on themselves? We are staying in Arlington at the Hilton Garden Inn. Anything over there?

TXMomof3 on August 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM

This place was great the last time I was there but it has been some time.

highhopes on August 5, 2009 at 9:41 AM

As some have already stated…Why not start emailing ‘fishy’ facts directly from the bill or excerpts from those who are putting out info (i.e. Arlin Specter,”…we must move quickly…”)?

I think this could be a teachable moment for Obama and his plans for a possible Krystallnacht against those who do not believe.

spark21 on August 5, 2009 at 9:43 AM

I’m so glad to see Colonel Flagg working at the White House.

“We’ve got files on people who haven’t even been born.”

Does that make Col. Flagg a “Birther”?

We’re lucky they have a sense of humor.

Ampleforth on August 5, 2009 at 9:43 AM

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there,

From those lying liars who have read the bill, unlike the President and the Pelosicrats.

Does this mean that the One, the Messiah, can’t keep up with all those peons criticizing him?

If you get an e-mail or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.” double-plus-un-good-speak@ministry-of-truth.bigbrother

FIFY.

Steve Z on August 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM

I heard Rush and Joyce Kaufman, a local talk show host in So FL, talk about this but other than that no news coverage at all, not even FOX. This is a fundamental issue that the American People shold hear.

Alarm Clock America:
“Time to Wake-Up!”

SayNo2-O on August 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM

So, I agree with the request. Let’s seend all that stuff to flag@whitehouse.gov, evertime we get it.

For what purpose? I realize that my country is currently in the hands of teenagers, but what possible reason can anyone give for sending or receiving “fishy” things they see on the web?

Think hard. Where could this possibly lead? How many tax-payer funded staffers are spending any time on this?

reaganaut on August 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Well, it’s about time the thought police got an email address! I sent this to flag@whitehouse.gov:

Dear President Obama!

Please help! I found youtube video of teabaggers and healthcare deniers spreading disinformation about your healthcare plan:

BWA HAHAH aaaahh haa haha.

bitsy on August 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Where is the GOP leaders? There’s LIE after LIE told about this health care bill, and the GOP as a party is SILENT.
Obama is out attacking Americans, of ALL parties that don’t like this bill, or at the very least have strong feelings against parts of this bill, and the GOP leaders are SILENT.

There should be DAILY press conferences by people like STEELE and other GOP leaders going after this bill, but all we hear are the crickets.

What is the point of FUNDING THE GOP if they sit back silently and allow this injustice on our country to occur, WITHOUT A FIGHT.

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Where are the GOP leaders? Geez even my English is getting worse!

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I don’y know what to do with this. I just got an email that claims Linda Douglas is associated with a skinhead group in Germany. Does this sound fishy? Should it be forwarded to her at her snitch site at the Whitehouse? Could it be true? It was signed “Rammie, the puppet master”.

It does smell fishy. I suspect TOTUS is having some fun.

/snark

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM

They’re not gonna kick ole Hope’n Changey around anymore.

God, this guy is turning out to be a paranoid Nixonian.

Frost interview in his future. :)

Sapwolf on August 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM

“As an Internment/Resettlement Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will ensure the smooth running of military confinement/correctional facility or detention/internment facility, similar to those duties conducted by civilian Corrections Officers. This will require you to know proper procedures and military law; and have the ability to think quickly in high-stress situations. Specific duties may include assisting with supervision and management operations; providing facility security; providing custody, control, supervision, and escort; and counseling individual prisoners in rehabilitative programs.”

Akzed on August 5, 2009 at 9:04 AM

“Resettlement” makes my blood run cold. That exact phrase. Why? Well, the last time they “resettled” people like me, it was into a mass grave….

mjk on August 5, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I hope I am reported at some time, it would be quite an honor.

Obama seeks to socially engineer the U.S. by killing off undesirables through “free health care!”

…that should do it.

Grafted on August 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Everyone should send all his campaign speeches, talk about fishy, socialist bastard.

Tremmy on August 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Beware of “well-dressed” people speaking out, er, they’re phonies!

PS. If someone would like to tell me how to use one word that turns blue for people to click on to get to a link, I’d appreciate it.

qestout on August 5, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Just sent this. Does anybody know of any websites or brochures for the re-education..I mean Hope’n Change Centers?

To the White House Healthcare Subversives Flag Team:

I justed wanted to report…umm….turn myself in.

I’ve read some of the subversive literature on the internet recently about the Obamacare Health Control Plan.

I also was at a Tea Party Rally. I heard many comments about how Obamacare won’t work.

I’m still kinda hung up on that Constitution thing. I need to purge it from my system. I guess you could say I’m still tainted.

I was wondering if you have any more slots in the next round of re-education camps.

Sincerely,

Sapwolf

P.S.- I just wanna do my part.

Sapwolf on August 5, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Ha! I have now officially snitched on everyone on this forum. I would suggest not using your phones and make no attempt to leave the country.

GreenBlade on August 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM

GreenBlade on August 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Sorry, I already snitched on myself. :)

Sapwolf on August 5, 2009 at 11:05 AM

qestout on August 5, 2009 at 10:51 AM
write the word, highlight it with your cursor, then click “link” in the tabs above the comment box and paste your URL into the box that opens.

mph on August 5, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Explain to me how term limits would help. The only concern most of these people have is to get re-elected and keep the Dems in power. Knowing they have to leave their seat in 2 or 6 years (OMG, 6 years), they’ll be even worse and do whatever they want. Oh wait, they’re already doing that. What we need is to expand Operation Chaos in time for 2010 elections.

mph on August 5, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I’m calling the White House right now! I have heard / seen the following rumors:

1. There is a very high level Treasury offical who swears and may have had some tax problems.

2. While standing in line at the grocery store, I saw a cover story about Obama’s gay lover living in the White House!!

I MUST REPORT. THEY MUST STOP THIS HATE MONGERING NOW. I AM READY FOR MY RE-EDUCATION CAMP (I sure hope they make Smores there!!!)

kringeesmom on August 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Term limits would help by getting rid of career politicians. Even if a group gets a similar politician elected, at least the first one couldn’t run again and would collect no pension and would not consider his “public service” as a way to just feather his nest for life.
The problem with term limits is that we would have to become much more united and angry than we already are to get these corruptocrats to give up their power. The only guys who would vote for term limits are the guys we’d want to keep.

Christian Conservative on August 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Uh oh, better send them this:

They’ll have to throw campaign Barry under the bus, he has a different view than Pres. Barry.

ConservadorRebelde on August 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM

qestout on August 5, 2009 at 10:51 AM

blue

The above was done by pressing the blue-text “link” button on HotAirs rather primitive tag selector, entering the URL in the resulting dialog box, pressing OK in the dialog, typing some text (in the above case, “blue”), and then pressing the “/link” button (which replaced the “link” button after you pressed “OK” in the dialog. As a result, you should get something like

<a href=”http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2009/08/04/matthews-joins-barbara-boxer-dismissing-brooks-brothers-protestors”>blue</a>

in your comment editor, which is an anchor tag surrounding the text you wanted to hyperlink.

unclesmrgol on August 5, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Barry, our 1st Affirmative Action President, could end the confusion about who is who if he’d just start dressing his followers in Brown Shirts and jack boots. “EVERYONE ELSE” would then stand out.

GarandFan on August 5, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Thanks for the info, mph and uncle!

qestout on August 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM

doriangrey on August 5, 2009

We have two choices. I prefer the less bloody one. Vote them out.

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

You’re not the only one. I used to be against term limits, but have come to see the need for it. But we do need to be practical about it. If we tried to limit every one to a single term, then everyone in Congress would be a newbie, and everything would wind up being run by unelected staffers. Two terms in the House would only be 4 years. I think you need to allow representatives to stay in the House long enough to build up some seniority, if they can keep getting re-elected.

I think we’ll have to set practical limits. I’d say 12 years — 6 terms — in the House and 12 or 18 years in the Senate — 2 or 3 terms.

If we throw out the direct election of senators and make them directly responsible to the state governments, then I’d go along with 3 or even 4 terms for Senators. The Senate is supposed to have less turnover.

Of course, if I had my druthers, I’d also dilute the power of every House member by doubling or tripling the size of the House. That would make them answerable directly to a smaller district, where it’s harder to separate yourself from the people who vote for you. Huge win for representative government.

tom on August 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM

So are we allowed to send them email attachments of the Obamacare bill since that smells fishy????

DeathtotheSwiss on August 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Why are we surprised at these tactics?

Glenn Beck has the whole story in a salute to the inspiring story of Barack Obama’s life. Great and revealing stuff.

Christian Conservative on August 5, 2009 at 12:47 PM

“counseling individual prisoners in rehabilitative programs”

Rehabilitation and Reeducation? Rehabilitation is part of healthcare isn’t it? Freaky maybe fishy. I think Stasi@whitehouse.gov … oopse I mean FLAG@whitehouse.gov should hear about that.

darcee on August 5, 2009 at 12:56 PM

reaganaut on August 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM

OK, let me explain that. And do try hard to keep up, please. Think about the stripes on a Zebra. What possible purpose can they serve? I can’t be that they act as camouflage, as they stand out in sharp contrast to the savannas and grasslands where the animal normally resides. A zebra in the wild can often be spotted for miles. However, to grasp the purpose of the stripes you have to see a herd of zebras. And you have to see them in motion when threatened by a predator. From the predator’s perspective a single zebra is easy to see. But to take down that zebra is the chase that is sure to take place when the predator goes in for a kill requires split second timing and instant reactions by the predator as the zebra darts and turns in its attempt to escape. Those stripes in a heard of running zebras make it very hard for a predator to focus on any single animal, and that makes it more likely that he will go hungry, as predators often do.
Now think about the predators that are preparing to ravage America. When they signal that they want to watch for something “fishy”, it might just be to our advantage to give them a sensory overload so that they can’t really focus on any one of us.
So maybe the zebra should become the symbol of our resistance movement! Ya think?

MikeA on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Great news! I have done such a good job of informing on all of you guys that the Obama administation has offered me the job of Assistant Deputy Undersecretary for The Department Of Snitching, Snooping And General RatFinkery.

Now where is my limo?

GreenBlade on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Now where is my limo?

GreenBlade on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

This smells fishy. Rho-oh…

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Ich bin der Anführer!

Johan Klaus on August 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM

So if we bloggers start disappearing from HotAir, does that mean we are in a Russian gulag or maybe Gitmo? Hmmm…I’ll see you all at Gitmo.

yoda on August 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM

GreenBlade on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

But, did you pay your taxes?

Johan Klaus on August 5, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Department Of Snitching, Snooping And General RatFinkery.

GreenBlade on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Sorry, you got the office wrong on this one. It is the Department Of Goverment Snitches Hucksters Informatns & Trotskyites. I think you can figure out the acronym.

MikeA on August 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I’ve been sending links to Rush, Glenn Beck, Hot Air, Michelle, ad infinitum, all day…… kind of like returning junk mail in their own post paid envelope.

ultracon on August 5, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Obiteme seems to have a fixation with “fishy” things, e.g., Rahm “Dead Fish” Emanuel.

HellCat on August 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM