New DNC ad: Mobs of right-wing lunatics want to feast on your flesh

posted at 12:15 pm on August 5, 2009 by Allahpundit

A video version of yesterday’s communique from DNC headquarters about mobs of right-wing extremists whose extreme mobbiness threatens to mob ObamaCare with extremism. All that’s missing are the captions you used to see in trailers for 50s horror movies. “THRILL to angry conservatives walking around with signs. TREMBLE as a woman holding an American flag yells at a congressman. SCREAM as Democrats absorb one one-millionth the degree of demonization George Bush suffered over eight years.”

No need for outrage, though. Instead, celebrate the fact that even with a Democratic president, a filibuster-proof Congress, and the lure of “free” ice cream in the form of socialized medicine, the left’s somehow managed to turn ObamaCare into a clusterfark of such epic proportions that their health-care message has now actually been reduced to “Don’t listen to the Republicans — they’re crazy.” Apart from Josh Marshall characteristically wetting himself by describing the townhall backlash as “civic vigilanteism” (sic), my favorite reaction comes from Tapper, framing the astounding demagoguery you’re about to see with the understatement only a studiously dispassionate newsman can muster:

While offensive and even racist posters and protestors have shown up at too many of these town halls, it’s not clear that they represent the mainstream of those who have organized to exercise their First Amendment right to speak any more so than the liberal protestors who compared President Bush to a Nazi represented mainstream liberal thought, or even the mainstream of anti-war protestors at any given event.

Indeed it’s not clear, especially with 52 percent of respondents telling Quinnipiac that The One’s handled health care badly. But enough blather. After you watch the DNC’s 50s horror movie, be sure to watch the B-picture the boss posted last night about what extremist mobs really look like. Exit question: Which right-wing nut warned yesterday that left-wing extremists might want to dial it down a bit themselves? Answer here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Very effective ad. The RNC is using angry white mobs to try to do their dirty work. It just serves to make them all look like the sterotype of redneck morons. I hope the mobs keep it up for months to come! This should be very fun.

Yes. Targeting 52% of the American public as “mobs” should work out very well for you at the ballot box next year when “mobs” of voters throw your a$$es out onto the streets.

After all, I leanred from watching liberal mobs during the Bush years that This is what democracy looks like.

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

How do we know the lady in the video who is angry isn’t a Democrat?

terryannonline on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

It just serves to make them all look like the sterotype of redneck morons.

The stereotype of redneck morons includes them being well-dressed?

I hope the mobs keep it up for months to come! This should be very fun.

Uh huh, sure you do, sure.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Ahh..the mail is here…my check from BIG INSURANCE must be here for protesting.

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I found the origin of the new DNC ad

scottm on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Attacking angry white mobs of ordinary employed middle-aged and middle-class Americans who are just like most people who vote in elections does not sound to me like a winning strategy for the Dims.

TexasJew on August 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM

These people are like the ones you know?! Most “ordinary” people I know aren’t growling and screaming until they’re red in the face about conspiracy theories. You must run in unique circles.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

How do we know the lady in the video who is angry isn’t a Democrat?
terryannonline on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

She’s too well dressed.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Ahh..the mail is here…my check from BIG INSURANCE must be here for protesting.

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Do let me know, I’m still waiting for my check from April.

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

How do we know the lady in the video who is angry isn’t a Democrat?

terryannonline on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

And why are some of their mob pictures from Anti-Bush rallies?

lol

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

If it’s true that Big Lobbies are paying Tea Partiers to agitate, I only have one question:

WHERE’S MY GOL-DANG CHECK??

Lurking Vet on August 5, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Keep buying guns and ammo!

jwp1964 on August 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Careful of the snitch line and their text filter.

I suggest, instead of “ammo and guns” either:

… powered projectiles and powered projectile dispensers.

or

… powered projectiles and powered projectile delivery systems.

;-)

Yoop on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Because everyone at the town halls are clamoring about birth certificates. Mhm.

Don’t feel sad.

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Not wanting the socialized disaster of OgabeScare is now a conspiracy?

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

She’s too well dressed.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Funny because I always thought Democrats were a better dressed group of people :)

terryannonline on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

This hour’s definition of IRONY: The POTUS bitching about “anarchy” at the townhall meetings while being silent about the protesters in IRAN being murdered in the streets.

PS.. Good to hear from you Hawkdriver. Hang in there.

Dire Straits on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Ahh..the mail is here…my check from BIG INSURANCE must be here for protesting.

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Wow that’s faster payment than I got for my new Stimulus-funded job!

/washingdishesintheinnercityforfree

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Nice conflation. Moron.

DrSteve on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Test

Dire Straits on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Remember, the adults are in charge. I thought they were leaning towards desperation. I don’t think that anymore, I KNOW it. They’re so desperate to win they don’t care what anyone thinks about their inferior programs, it’s a power thing.

scalleywag on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Why do libs rant about teabagging so much? I thought that was a deviant activity of homosexuals, whom they worship?

redneck = a farmer or laborer (who has been sunburned on the back of their neck from, gasp, WORKING THE LAND)

Ris4victory on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

The stereotype of redneck morons includes them being well-dressed?

I hope the mobs keep it up for months to come! This should be very fun.
Uh huh, sure you do, sure.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I certainly do. The Republican outcries are making them look like side-show freaks. And I disagree with Boxer — these people can’t be criticized for being too well-dressed unless you think bargain bins at Old Navy is haute couture.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Zing!

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

AllahPundit, your first sentence was hilarious! Your first paragraph was the best thing I ever saw you write!

Thanks for bringing a sense of humor to this and making me actually lol.

Alana on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Interesting that dissent no longer appears to be the highest form of patriotism now that a statist corripticrat is in the White House

What you’re seeing on MSNBC that the anchors are trying to desperately to dispel was known during the Bush years as speaking truth to power.

Keep it up. Demonize 52% of the public. You’ve lost moderates. You’re losing moderate Democrats. By this time next year, after a long campaign of playing dictator, you’ll be out of office again and will revert to organizing protests funded by unions and liberal advocacy groups.

Cheers!

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

You forgot the “bible thumping” “clinging to their guns” mantra, Mr. Axelrod.

VibrioCocci on August 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM

You say he’s Axelrod, I say he’s Rahm
You say they like to smear, I say they really want to break arms
Oh no, oh no
You say he’s Axelrod, I say he’s Rahm

Cheshire Cat on August 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

bargain bins at Old Navy is haute couture.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Wow. How very elitist of you.

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

FU. You’re a miserable POS troll. Just to be clear…FU!

jwp1964 on August 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

joedoe on August 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I want to protest, but I don’t have a thing to wear!

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I’ve got some dirty old tye-dyes, we’ll be more “legit” that way…

Ozprey on August 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Democrat party, meet Desperation.

SouthernGent on August 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Nice conflation. Moron.

DrSteve on August 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Ohhh! Someone’s learned a new word today, guys!

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Your silence about the argument is taken as assent.

Dispute it.

Go ahead.

We’ll wait.

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Should tell you something when the DNC chairman is behind in polls for re-election in his own state.

crosspatch on August 5, 2009 at 1:15 PM

The Republican outcries are making them look like side-show freaks.

52% of Americans are side-show freaks for opposing the government takeover of health care?

Are you listening yet, or did you just swill down a gallon of the White House kook aid again?

The polling is not trending in your direction, champ. Perhaps that’s the reason for the hysterical, fearmongering ads run against Obama’s opponents (who he’s determined are the American people).

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Ohhh! Someone’s learned a new word today, guys!

GO OUT AND GET IN THEIR FACES. -Barack Obama

Remember that?

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Ahh..the mail is here…my check from BIG INSURANCE must be here for protesting.

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

This Saturday, before the town hall with Dipsh*t Donnelly begins, I thought I might ask all the insurance company plants to identify themselves with a show of hands.
Think that will get me tossed?

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Uh huh, meanwhile every demorat in sight, including the President, is running scared and spinning like a top trying to marginalize these townhalls while the turnouts get larger and more numerous by the day.

As for the perceived clothing choices being Old Navy bargain bin castoffs, it’s demorats declaring the wearers “well dressed.” You really need to try harder.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM

This hour’s definition of IRONY: The POTUS B!tching about the townhall meetings and his silence about protesters in Iran getting murdered in the streets.

PS.. Good to hear from you Hawkdriver. Stay safe.

Dire Straits on August 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Ohhh! Someone’s learned a new word today, guys!

GO OUT AND GET IN THEIR FACES. -Barack Obama

Remember that?

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Don’t forget the Black Panthers at the polling stations.

/nothingtoseehere,i’mdcwvu

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

If you’re out to make a splash, cheri,
Do know your haberdashery!
Buttons, buckles, ruffles and lace
Represent the latest social scene race!

PercyB on August 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I’ve got some dirty old tye-dyes, we’ll be more “legit” that way…

Ozprey on August 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

LOL….Wow man,that’s groovy man!

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Just got this in my email box:

bridget –

There’s been a lot of media coverage about organized mobs intimidating lawmakers, disrupting town halls, and silencing real discussion about the need for real health insurance reform.

The truth is, it’s a sham. These “grassroots protests” are being organized and largely paid for by Washington special interests and insurance companies who are desperate to block reform. They’re trying to use lies and fear to break the President and his agenda for change.

Health insurance reform is about our lives, our jobs, and our families — we can’t let distortions and intimidation get in the way. We need to expose these outrageous tactics, and we’re counting on you to help. Can you read these “5 facts about the anti-reform mobs,” then pass them along to your friends and family?

5 facts about the anti-reform mobs

1. These disruptions are being funded and organized by out-of-district special-interest groups and insurance companies who fear that health insurance reform could help Americans, but hurt their bottom line. A group run by the same folks who made the “Swiftboat” ads against John Kerry is compiling a list of congressional events in August to disrupt. An insurance company coalition has stationed employees in 30 states to track where local lawmakers hold town-hall meetings.

2. People are scared because they are being fed frightening lies. These crowds are being riled up by anti-reform lies being spread by industry front groups that invent smears to tarnish the President’s plan and scare voters. But as the President has repeatedly said, health insurance reform will create more health care choices for the American people, not reduce them. If you like your insurance or your doctor, you can keep them, and there is no “government takeover” in any part of any plan supported by the President or Congress.

3. Their actions are getting more extreme. Texas protesters brought signs displaying a tombstone for Rep. Lloyd Doggett and using the “SS” symbol to compare President Obama’s policies to Nazism. Maryland Rep. Frank Kratovil was hanged in effigy outside his district office. Rep. Tim Bishop of New York had to be escorted to his car by police after an angry few disrupted his town hall meeting — and more examples like this come in every day. And they have gone beyond just trying to derail the President’s health insurance reform plans, they are trying to “break” the President himself and ruin his Presidency.

4. Their goal is to disrupt and shut down legitimate conversation. Protesters have routinely shouted down representatives trying to engage in constructive dialogue with voters, and done everything they can to intimidate and silence regular people who just want more information. One attack group has even published a manual instructing protesters to “stand up and shout” and try to “rattle” lawmakers to prevent them from talking peacefully with their constituents.

5. Republican leadership is irresponsibly cheering on the thuggish crowds. Republican House Minority Leader John Boehner issued a statement applauding and promoting a video of the disruptions and looking forward to “a long, hot August for Democrats in Congress.”

It’s time to expose this charade, before it gets more dangerous. Please send these facts to everyone you know. You can also post them on your website, blog, or Facebook page.

Now, more than ever, we need to stand strong together and defend the truth.

Thanks,

Jen

Jen O’Malley Dillon
Executive Director
Democratic National Committee

I have no idea why they email me.

bridgetown on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

So, when you went to the pro-Jihadi protests in 2004, did you cash the check co-signed by Lil’ Kim and Ahmadinejad?

PimFortuynsGhost on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Think that will get me tossed?

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

LOL..Excellent…Do it,Do it!

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I hope the DNC runs this ad frequently in every major market. It tells the majority of Americans opposed to Obama Care and his other economic policies exactly what Obama thinks of us.

America needs to hear our president telling us that he’s right and we’re wrong, so we should just shut up and go away.

Thanks, Barry!

Arrogant. Elitist. Leftist. Power monger.

Loxodonta on August 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Ohhh! Someone’s learned a new word today, guys!
dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Admit it, you had to look it up.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Apparently, the best the Democrats can do about this grassroots uprising is to criticize their clothing.

In other words, if we don’t roll around in mud doing drugs, or look like we got run over by trucks (usually indications you’re dealing with the “mobs” of the terminally employed), we’re “not genuine.”

So according to the Democrats, you have to be dressed in tattered rags, be “poor looking” and appear to have just come off a week-long heroine jag at Burning Man to be a “real” protester.

I’m loving this. I can’t wait to see what excuse they come up with tomorrow for ignoring the polling data.

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

This is going to backfire.

The liberals who think making fun of constituents is a good idea are in for a shock.

Look, I’ve been to tea parties, and my moderate and sorta liberal friends and family know that. They also know I’m not being funded by insurance companies or anybody else. Even if they disagree with me, they know that claims of astroturfing are just BS. the same is probably true for other tea party attendees.

Only the hardcore Kool Aid people who don’t associate with any conservatives are going to think this is an effective line of attack.

forest on August 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

“THRILL to angry conservatives walking around with signs. TREMBLE as a woman holding an American flag yells at a congressman. SCREAM as Democrats absorb one one-millionth the degree of demonization George Bush suffered over eight years.”–Allahpundit

HAHAHAHAHA

AP, you magnificent BASTARD!

inviolet on August 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

If you’re out to make a splash, cheri,
Do know your haberdashery!
Buttons, buckles, ruffles and lace
Represent the latest social scene race!

PercyB on August 5, 2009

We can’t all show up looking like Elton John.

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Jen O’Malley Dillon
Executive Director
Democratic National Committee

I have no idea why they email me.

bridgetown on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Thanks, Jen O’Malley Dillon

We’re going to fight you even harder…and we vote…and we breed.

/justsoyouknow

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Maybe that lady tearing into Kathleen Sibelius and Arlen Specter is a Democrat and is upset because of what HER party is doing? Maybe she’s Independent but voted for Barack Obama but is not happy with the job the Dems are doing? Maybe she’s never voted before.

It is a bit presumptuous of the DNC trying to radicalizing a whole group of people from one person in a town hall.

terryannonline on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I have no idea why they email me.

bridgetown on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 P

r..ah…hmm…sure you don’t…er..ah…lol

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I have no idea why they email me.

bridgetown on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Glad to see they finally got around to “correcting you”. Let this be a lesson, or you will be reported again!

/sarc

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Thus I said I disagree with Boxer. You really need to read better.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Let me be perfectly clear, this kind of ad achieves one thing: it makes the dems look like the childish little bullies that they are. Waaaaa, they don’t like our plan…waaaaaah. The fact of the matter is, if they were smart enough to come up with a plan that works, a plan that everyone could agree on instead of cowardly lapping up the president’s ridiculous notion of what health care should be like in America, nobody would be protesting at all. But they aren’t smart enough to do that, and the confidence people have in them being able to do anything competently has eroded to the point where, yea, a lot of us are ANGRY. They can’t be trusted with a clunker, much less a person’s organs or treatment plans. We didn’t do that THEY DID.

scalleywag on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

unless you think bargain bins at Old Navy is haute couture.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Quelle mots !! We have a Snob Troll !! A genuine lying moron, looking down his beeeg nose at Mall Clothes.

Janos Hunyadi on August 5, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Thus I said I disagree with Boxer. You really need to read better.

You need to read the most recent polling data.

Your boy’s failing. How’s it feel?

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Janos Hunyadi on August 5, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I thought we established earlier that S.B. Cohen based his “Bruno” character off of “dcwvu.”

PimFortuynsGhost on August 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Of course, if everyone at these townhalls showed up in shorts, t-shirts and sandals they would be derided as ill-dressed hicks who didn’t have the decency to dress-up a bit to speak with their legislator.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Its really fascinating to watch the Left rewrite the last 8 years. As it turns out, hardly ANY lefties thought Bush and Cheney planned 9/11 and they NEVER called these two Nazis! Any conservative who dares remember otherwise is clearly unbalanced!

Speedwagon82 on August 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Your boy’s failing. How’s it feel?

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM

no no no, you’re doing it wrong.

You’re not suppose to ask how they feel, you’re suppose to ask: Why so hopeless?

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Thus I said I disagree with Boxer. You really need to read better.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Your “disagreement” was really an excuse to make an elitist jab.

bargain bins at Old Navy is haute couture.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

You’re rebuttal to Bishop doesn’t count.

Learn to read, especially learn to read what you write.

/dumbass

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Think that will get me tossed?

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM
LOL..Excellent…Do it,Do it!

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009

I would like to, but if I get tossed out I won’t get my question in. Still…might be worth it.

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

There’s something happening here
What it is – is abundantly clear
There’s a man with a lisp over there
Telling me I got to have ObamaCare

I think it’s time we stop, children, what’s that sound
Everybody watch ObamaCare drown

The hall’s packed with right wing fruits
And they showed up … in Brooks Brothers suits
Barbara Boxer’s confused and distressed
These angry people – are just too well dressed

I think it’s time we stop, hey, what’s that sound
Everybody watch ObamaCare drown.

What a hot day to wear a tie!
And Specter was so cluess – I thought I would die!
He ain’t got time to read no bills
Think we ought to send him back to the Penn State Hills

It’s time we stop, hey, what’s that sound
Everybody watch ObamaCare drown!

Obama says “They bring a knife, we bring a gun!”
“With Chicago tactics – we’ll put ‘em on the run!”
“Single Payer coming … Just wait and see!”
“I got a website to report any who protest me!”

We better stop, hey, what’s that sound
Everybody watch ObamaCare drown!

HondaV65 on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Yes, I can’t wait until the GOP regains control of Washington again and brings us back to the time of peace and prosperity of the era of George W. B….um, nevermind.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Janos Hunyadi on August 5, 2009 at 1:22 PM

A WVU person a snob? That takes some work, but I think he/she is pulling it off.

Admit it dcwvu, you’ve burned at least one couch, right?

Or am I misreading the acronym?

forest on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Thus I said I disagree with Boxer. You really need to read better.
dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Which means you’re a snob and Boxer is obviously behind the fashion trend curve.

Seriously, you need to try harder.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Speedwagon82 on August 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM

And how dare anyone point out their pro-Islamist or anti-modernization rallies were funded by a combination of either Soros (Nazi Collaborator), Lil’ Kim, or the Iranian mullahs.

PimFortuynsGhost on August 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Call the DNC headquarters and tell them hello from your friendly angry mobster. I did. It was fun! :)

ihasurnominashun on August 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Ha. When they start calling you lame names, you got them right where you want them. Thanks for the confirmation.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Someone call the village. We found its idiot.

The “redneck morons” pay taxes, have to sign up for Selective Service, and vote. Just because they don’t own a Prius and still retains their testicles doesn’t make them “redneck morons”. It makes them non-liberals.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Good to know that you don’t consider liberals “ordinary”. Finally, we have some common ground.

amerpundit on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Hmmm, I seem to remember that unemployment was substantially lower from 2001-2007, before Stretch, Dingy, and Ogabe gained power.

I love the amnesia inherent in the left.

PimFortuynsGhost on August 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM

An emphatic “yes” on both accounts.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Bishop on August 5, 2009

Damned if you dress and damned if you don’t.

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

All the “ordinary” people you know are locked in their closet spanking it raw to a copy of “Dreams from My Father” by Barack Obama and repeating the words “Hope” and “Change” between the strokes. Just like you.

Sugarbuzz on August 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

/dumbass = you.

Learn to read.

Oh, yeah…WVU lol

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

You are naive. You do realize that presidents can’t bring us “peace and prosperity. Oh and by the way Barack Obama hasn’t brought us peace or prosperity. Unemployment is sky high and he bulked up our presence in Afghanistan.

terryannonline on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Bingo You win. All the data, evidence, and rationale you are providing is too much for us.

HoustonRight on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

SKYFOX on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Please ask them this one question, and FORCE them to give you an answer.

If this health care plan is so great, why won’t Congress force themselves and their families to go on it.

Jeff from WI on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

All of the people in those videos where white.

I guess it was just a coincidence that they included a little still snippet of a white guy grinning next to a lynched effigy, right?

Who does that effigy represent, by the way? It’s blurry, but I thought it looked like George Bush.

guntotinglibertarian on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Ohhh! Someone’s learned a new word today, guys!
dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

What’s the matter, Derek? You don’t want to hang out at the Official World Championship of Custom Bike Building in Rapid City today?

Or is it just so much more fun stirring it up here at HA?

VibrioCocci on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Of course, what AlPundit wont report are the following examples of right-wing nuttiness:

“High on the list has to be the group of Tea Baggers who hanged an effigy of Rep. Frank Kratovil (D-MD) from a noose in front of his district office a few weeks ago,” Josh noted. “Then there was the case yesterday where a few folks at a tea bag protest outside a townhall meeting in Hartford called on Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) to commit suicide as a way to cure his recently diagnosed prostate cancer. And even though it lacked any clear appeal to the murder of public officials or even a good suicide joke, I’m still pretty fond of this case on Tuesday where the head of the local Tea Party group up in Rome, New York just started yelling ‘liar’ over and over at a clearly befuddled and caught off guard Steny Hoyer.”

Let’s not forget the protestor carrying a tombstone with Rep. Lloyd Doggett’s (D-Texas) name on it — at the same event with an activist carrying a sign with Nazi “SS” lettering.

I mean, you cant seriously contend that the goal of the right wing protests is to air their side of the debate. It’s not. Their strategy is just to be loudmouthed and disruptive.

The memo, authored by Robert MacGuffie, who runs the website rightprinciples.com, suggests that tea partiers should “pack the hall… spread out” to make their numbers seem more significant, and to “rock-the-boat early in the Rep’s presentation…to yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early…. to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda…stand up and shout and sit right back down.”

Do protestors have a right to do this? Depending on the exact circumstances, yes they do. Do they have a right to be taken seriously? Do undecided folks have to consider their yelling, interrupting voices when weighing the merits of the case? Of course not.

orange on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

All the “ordinary” people you know are locked in their closet spanking it raw to a copy of “Dreams from My Father” by Barack Obama Bill Ayers and repeating the words “Hope” and “Change” between the strokes. Just like you.

Sugarbuzz on August 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM

FIFY

PimFortuynsGhost on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Also…nice job avoiding the points. You’re quite adept at that, aren’t you.

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM

GO OUT AND GET IN THEIR FACES. -Barack Obama

Remember that?

Good Lt on August 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Even better was the threat to the auto bond holders, “My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”

This junta in Washington is not playing by any normal rules. They are wed to a scorched Earth strategy and would love to watch this nation burn to the ground if they can’t kill it with their legislation and regulations designed to crush the life out of it.

progressoverpeace on August 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

dumbass = you.

Learn to read.

Oh, yeah…WVU lol

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Wow. Your reading comprehension is nil. So awful I almost feel bad arguing with you.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Peace? We were attacked months into his presidency because Clinton refused to take OBL out when he had the chance. Peace isn’t the be-all-end-all, my hippie friend.

As for prosperity, take a look at the unemployment rates and level of the Dow Jones prior to Dems taking control of Congress in January ’07. In fact, take a look at the difference between the deficits under Bush and the trillion-dollar deficit Obama’s already built up.

amerpundit on August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Wow, TPM and Washington Monthly as sources. Was World Worker’s Daily too much of a giveaway?

PimFortuynsGhost on August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Why do you people even bother to respond to dcwvu? This person is simply a snarky little sound-bite parrot. Whose life is so barren that he/she has to seek significance by trolling. Haven’t you learned that it’s futile to argue sensibly with people like that?

guntotinglibertarian on August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

So I take it that you fold? Must be…B/c you haven’t responded to a single argument.

nice job.

bluelightbrigade on August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM

It is a fact that most mobs storming these town halls are right wing nuts.

liberal343 on August 5, 2009 at 12:17 PM

The majority of Americans are against ObamaCare, but most of the pissed off people at these meetings are “right wing nuts”. Fascinating.

eyedoc on August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM

An emphatic “yes” on both accounts.

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM

You spelled “empathetic” wrong, you wise latina.

LibTired on August 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM

…you are providing is too much for us.

HoustonRight on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

dcwvu is too much alright…too much libtard, dnc talking point BS!

jwp1964 on August 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM

dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

From conflation to deflection. Where will your sad, second-rate mind lurch next, I wonder?

bridgetown on August 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I love how the e-mail repeats the lie that if you like your existing coverage you can keep it. They can keep that up as long as they want, but when (conservatively) tens of millions of people get dumped on to the public option from employer-provided plans they’d have preferred to keep, you can be G*******d sure they’ll remember.

DrSteve on August 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM

orange on August 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Because we never saw that from the entire democrat populatin for the last eight years. Never.

Enoxo on August 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Such a frightening mob! Nothing at all like the class act we’ve come to expect from the Left./

A stroll down memory road from Zombietime.
Warning: Disturbing images. Not suitable for work.

Disturb the Universe on August 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

An emphatic “yes” on both accounts.
dcwvu on August 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Explains many, many things about you; nice to have the personal confirmation though.

Bishop on August 5, 2009 at 1:35 PM