Boxer: Protesters too well dressed to be sincere

posted at 10:55 am on August 5, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) appeared on Hardball last night in support of the Left’s attempt to discredit the people showing up to townhalls in protest of ObamaCare. Boxer says she can tell that they’re fakes, because they’re too well dressed.  How does she know that this is a problem?  Because well-dressed people apparently told her to get the hell out of Florida in the Bush-Gore recount, too:

That explanation is a classic.  If it’s true at all, she probably stunned the Floridians with the sheer stupidity of her non-sequitur.  Ronald Reagan would not have gone into Florida to tell them how to conduct their recount; he had too much respect for state sovereignty in those issues.  I almost laughed out loud when Boxer trotted that out on national TV.

On her main point, we’ve hosted the videos here at Hot Air.  In my recollection, the people in the town halls are dressed in T-shirts, jeans, shorts, halter tops, and the like.  Maybe the people need to strip down to their Boxers in order to be considered sincere.

Brian Walsh, communications director of the NRSC, responds to Boxer’s weird bout of sartorial paranoia:

“When you consider that Barbara Boxer considers Code Pink and MoveOn.org protestors to be ‘her base,’ it’s understandable that a Senator representing the left wing fringe would be confused when ordinary Americans engage in free speech. But the fact of the matter is that across the country, Americans of all backgrounds are standing up and saying ‘no’ to the Democrats spending and health-care takeover proposals.”

And Americans of all clothing tastes as well.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

‘In the future could you just address me as Senator Fashion Police; It’s just I’ve worked so hard getting my fear mongering points down for my appearance on MSNBC’

TN Mom on August 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Extra credit points to you…this is funny! Senator Fashion Police…ha! Good one, Ma’am!

redwhiteblue on August 5, 2009 at 11:55 PM

If we can’t win back congress next year, unseating Boxer in Cali is do-able.

THE CHOSEN ONE on August 6, 2009 at 12:01 AM

jam550 on August 5, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Thank you for sharing this story. She sounds like a monster.
I’m sorry for what you went through on 9/11 – but happy for your survival. BTW – when narrow-minded folks try to get sassy with me by telling me I look like a Republican – I smile and say thank-you very much!

redwhiteblue on August 6, 2009 at 12:09 AM

BB is use to smelly lefty protestors in old clothes. These (protestors) are middle and main stream Americans that are too busy raising their families to protest. However, on this issue, they are taking time out of their busy schedule to show up.

She is also in damger of lossing her seat this year.

Oil Can on August 5, 2009 at 11:05 AM

That’s because none of the Dem’s protestors have real jobs, they are paid to protest. The Republicans have real jobs and a real life, therefore they dress accordingly.

Susanboo on August 6, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Nothing at ALL against the people at these meeting… but I haven’t see one “well dressed” person there. Where did this meme even come from? Everyone I see could have gotten their outfit from Walmart. (again, not an insult)

Or does “well dressed” simply mean not wearing a Che shirt and smelling of patchouli?

Ampersand on August 6, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Forget about Brownshirts

Several major media outlets declared The One a god several months ago.

These town hall people are lucky He doesn’t just use the lightning bolts. Blasphemy, you know.

He knew and warned us. Rememeber the Greek pillars? Imagine if President George W. Bush used them.

IlikedAUH2O on August 6, 2009 at 5:39 AM

These people are imploding. We need to stay on point, stay in the game. The line on the other thread about this being “Jim Jones in sow motion” was spot on.

No member of Congress should be able to hold a single meeting without us there to remind them how tenuous their hold on power is.

It should be clear to all – a vote for this is a resignation letter.

I had someone say to me last night – “The gov already provides many services for free, schools, roads, police officers. Healthcare should be just another free public service.” Yeah, a European. In response, I told him to drink less – or more. I’ve never heard anyone say it so well, comparing free universal healthcare to the free public school system. Us this – it will scare the %$#@ out of everyone.

gopmom on August 6, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Moron!

BigMike252 on August 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I called Senator Boxer’s office today to ask what I should wear to a town hall meeting to look like an average American and not like a lobbyist’s shill… They were not very helpful in their wardrobe advice. Please melt her phones for her fashion advice!

kringeesmom on August 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM

What phone # are you using?

reshas1 on August 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Don’t forget to call her SENATOR Boxer.. Otherwise she’ll get pissed..

reshas1 on August 6, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Is she wearing that eye make-up in sympathy with the Obama Joker poster?

PoodleSkirt on August 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM