Obama 2003 uncut: Sure, I support single-payer health care

posted at 5:32 pm on August 4, 2009 by Allahpundit

I thought Ed had added this to his health-care post earlier but evidently not, so here you go in case you missed it on Drudge. This is the pushback to the White House’s insistence this morning that that viral vid about his fondness for single-payer quoted him out of context; watch the uncut version below and judge for yourself how out of context it was. Turns out the same guy who became a tax-cuttin’, traditional-marriage-supportin’ centrist just in time for last year’s election was also a fan of socialized medicine back in the day, before he needed independents to win the office he was after. Who knew?

While I have your attention, please be advised that your government is seeking information about subversives guilty of attacking the leader’s health-care plan with “fishy” statements — like, for example, “Barack Obama was once caught on video singing the praises of single-payer health care.” Please report these evildoers to flag@whitehouse.gov at your earliest convenience.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Oh please, now you’re just baiting me. You know, I’m a former hardcore Dem.

No, not really, Firearms are a great equalizer – especially for women

I’ve never shot a gun in my entire life.
They scare the —- out of me.

You ought to try it, find a good firearms instructor, they’ll show you how, just wear some hearing protection.

I’m convinced I’d shoot my kid or something.
AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Not if you’re safe, and learn the rules of proper firearm handling.

Chainsaw56 on August 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I want to know what they are going to do w/all of us when they round us up? Well,bring it in,we country babes can handle anything,probably scare the pants off of you whitehouse sissies!Ug,what a nightmare!!:)

ohiobabe on August 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Bring it in??LOL Once we get our spelling right ,we can BRING IT ON!

ohiobabe on August 4, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Thanks, AP! I overheard my dad criticizing Obama last night and he’s now been duly reported.

FloatingRock on August 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I honestly don’t get the anti-AnninCA sentiment. Spare your ammo for the real trolls like liberal123 or dwcuu and the others real morons on here.

Norwegian on August 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Honey, you have no idea who you’re speaking about so cut the crap. If you’d read any of my posts you’d know I don’t support Romney or Palin.

You’re so right. I haven’t any clue…or interest, frankly…in your personal choice.

I barely recognize your handle.

I am always perplexed at those of you who quiz me about various things about my own background. Some seem downright obsessed with me.

Me? I am barely at the “getting to know you stage” with most.

I apologize if that offends you that you’re not important enough in my world for me to resent.

But that’s the truth.

Ladyingray is the only one whom I’ve decided I just don’t need to engage with. I find her posts consistently abusive, beyond differing opinions.

But I can get along there, too.

Just ignore.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Oh, well, I’m not a balanced budget gal. That’s way out there, too.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 6:00 PM

You give your uninsured son good gifts.

ladyingray on August 4, 2009 at 6:18 PM

txag92 on August 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM
I made Ann’s list a while back. The night it happened I cried myself to sleep.

Bishop on August 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Hey, be careful…if she thinks you’re rude, she won’t reply to you anymore!
(btw..I’m on list ;p)
ladyingray on August 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM
I may be first on the list.
But she did call me an idiot (sniff) and accused me of Lying, right AnninCA ?

Chainsaw56 on August 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I finally made the COOL CLUB!

ladyingray on August 4, 2009 at 6:19 PM

What is with this country? Here is O advocating single payer in so many words complete with emphatic body language and they say he didn’t say it. How blatant do the lies have to be? What on earth will it take for folks to see this guy is probably the most successful con artist on the history of the planet. Or the flip side–that they have been made asses of on a scale heretofore unknown.

jeanie on August 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Big Brother is watching you

MyImamToldMeToDoIt on August 4, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Given that this is NO WHERE to be scene on the MSM, it’s the biggest nail in the Waterloo coffin of our liberal friends who call themselves, “journalists”.

“When people show you what they are, believe them.”

anniekc on August 4, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I just overheard my grandma cursing at the TV when Obama was talking about sending her to hospice even though the chemos working. What do you think she’ll offer me not to send in her name?

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 6:33 PM

hahahaha, sly, very sly. I don’t think the one was quite prepared for just how clever and able bloggers are. Just another thing that’s going to jump up and bite him in the bobo.

scalleywag on August 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Please, someone in the Hawaii Health Dept, I don’t care if it’s a janitor or the director, check that Long Form please. I can take the heat in the streets. I don’t think I will like the next 3 years esp if he just fired Fitzgerald??? Where did Hannity get that from?

Asking Americans to snitch on each other. Commie Obammie (since he whines so much)

Did anyone get a letter from Kennedy on the Hate Crimes Bill? I never SENT anything to Kennedy, only Bean and Durbin. Are they composing the camp list?

I call bottom bunk by the window. Top bunk is brutal in the summer (heat rises)

journeyintothewhirlwind on August 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Barry ought to save some money and combine this with OJ Simpson’s hotline to find the real killers of Ron and Nicole.

Chuck Schick on August 4, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Norwegian on August 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

If she would denounce Obama’s communist health care plan, and her desire to have illegals included in it, then I wouldn’t have a problem either.

darwin on August 4, 2009 at 6:48 PM

journey,
I called that bunk a while ago and if you don’t stop I’ll email and tell them you use Reid’s photo as target practice.

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM

happy Birthday Obama.

He opens his fat mouth on snitches
Rahm gets noticed by a Republican congressman that we are not in chicago and black mail is wrong.

He is getting ready to blow a gasket.

We are being lied to by Obama. I have read the plan and it is Not named “Insurance reform”

seven on August 4, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Everyone please email the whitehouse and let them know what you think of this stalinist report on your neighbor crap. Take some action. Don’t just mock the tools here on HA.

jwp1964 on August 4, 2009 at 6:53 PM

This video cleverly edits Obama comment to distort what he is saying.

The full uncut quote from Obama is “I believe in single payer health care…psyche!”

DarkKnight3565 on August 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM

SIGN

ME

UP!!!

Ragspierre on August 4, 2009 at 7:01 PM

anniekc on August 4, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Long time, no see comment, anniekc. Good to hear from you.

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:04 PM

jwp1964 on August 4, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Email and ask what will they do with the information? Everyone needs to email them. This is beyond the pale. It’s fishy.

bloggless on August 4, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Maybe it’s a silly question, but why didn’t this video surface last year during the election?

ProfessorMiao on August 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Wasn’t it Friday that you were jumping on Beck for taking a computer notice out of context. Now you are all into conspiracies. Go figure. //s

chemman on August 4, 2009 at 7:12 PM

If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

To be fair, they’re asking people to report ‘fishy’ email messages or web postings, not people who disagree.

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Target practice! I want it on my toilet paper. Dare I say that.

chemman on August 4, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I just told the snitch dept. that being opposed to government takeover of health care is not a crime, and it doesn’t take misinformation to get a person to be opposed to it. The truth will do very well.

backwoods conservative on August 4, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Can I snitch on AnninCA who keeps claiming that ObamAssurance/ObamaCare will be just like her current Kaiser plan?

myrenovations on August 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Then again, according to some graffiti here in the Cleveland area, snitches get found in ditches.

myrenovations on August 4, 2009 at 7:24 PM

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM

And what do they plan to do about those messages and postings? Punish the source? Remove them? Confront them?

Semantics. The intimidation is obvious, and should be reviled by all liberals and conservatives who value free speech.

fourstringfuror on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

someone please give me a quick explanation about what is flag@whitehouse.gov? thanks

Willie on August 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Asking people to report people that say fishy things is like opening up the NYT and finding every story distorted. How about we turn in every lib newspaper in the country because most have websites and blogs. How about the lib channels on cable? Should keep the thought/speech police busy for a long time.

24K lady on August 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Willie on August 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Manly explains it.

backwoods conservative on August 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

thanks Manly, thanks backwoods, I am almost speechless, actually I am speechless.

Willie on August 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

We don’t want to know you either so please GO AWAY. You’re like a knat just buzzing around with nothing useful to offer and you can’t get rid of them. The only reason everyone on HA knows your “handle” is because you are perhaps the most uninformed poster EVER! Go buzz around the daily kook you fool.

txag92 on August 4, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Just so you know, I’m reporting you all.

NoFanofLibs on August 4, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Do you think this guy is fishy?

bloggless on August 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM

fourstringfuror on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I was thinking they were interested in the ‘fishy’ information so they could target their message against it.

It’s tough to track down the origin of an email forward, but I suppose they could confront someone whose web page isn’t found to be ‘truthful.’

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM

chemman,
I was talking about toiliet paper, I swear!

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Ok, Everyone is reported!

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I just sent “flag” an e-mail. If I disappear from the site or am put in prison for nefarious activity, pray for me.

Willie on August 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I also think we should go on huffpo, kos and congresscritter web sites and report them all to “flag” that is before we all disappear

Willie on August 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Ok here’s the deal from grandma-

condo in FL
cash
jewelry
car- oh too late it was a clunker!

Deal or No Deal? She’s sweating, I know it!

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Huh? Why is this getting you folks so uptight? Obama has long said such things as:

“If I were starting a system from scratch, then I think that the idea of moving towards a single-payer system could very well make sense.”

Which he then follows with:

“The only problem is that we’re not starting from scratch. . . . We don’t want a huge disruption as we go into health-care reform where suddenly we’re trying to completely reinvent one-sixth of the economy.”

Even at his press conference he said:

I want to cover everybody. Now, the truth is that unless you have a — what’s called a single-payer system, in which everybody’s automatically covered, then you’re probably not going to reach every single individual…

So the plan that has been — that I’ve put forward and that — what we’re seeing in Congress would cover, the estimates are, at least 97 to 98 percent of Americans.

He’s said many times that he likes single-payer in theory, but that’s not what he’s proposing. Why are you complaining about what the president likes in theory instead of talking about what’s actually on the table?

orange on August 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I just sent flag@whitehouse.gov a message. I told them I came across some fishy health care stories on a website called whitehouse.gov.

I hope someone investigates.

MNExpatriate on August 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM

flag@whitehouse.gov

Don’t you mean flagg@whitehouse.org?

CliffHanger on August 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM

When is Obama’s little Red Book coming out?

bloggless on August 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM

It’s been out for a while

iurockhead on August 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Can we all change our settings to automatically forward all our SPAM to that address? How about viruses? Rickrolling?!?

mikeyboss on August 4, 2009 at 8:49 PM

FloatingRock on August 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Hell, I’ve turned myself in three times today alone.

I need to test my outer perimeter warning systems. Sittin’ on the porch waitin’ for them to show up.

Yoop on August 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM

You have to back heathcare now or Helen Thomas will die !

William Amos on August 4, 2009 at 5:43 PM

If only she would

bill30097 on August 4, 2009 at 9:13 PM

mikeyboss on August 4, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I don’t think Obamacare is set up to handle viruses. The website will just have to die.

backwoods conservative on August 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Ok, I’m on to something- Grandma has friends, sick rich friends.

Nobody steal my idea, ok!

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Maybe we should ALL report the president! His last news conference had tons of “fishy” statements.

TN Mom on August 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Here you go Allahpundit. Maybe now you’ll recognize how the list was developed from it’s very start. Have fun trying to smear me with it on Twitter:

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” — Santayana

* Speeches in stadiums filled with mesmerized, adoring audiences – Check
* An uninspiring background before meteoric rise – Check
* Creates his own new symbols of power – Check
* Associates with racists, hatemongers and violent radicals – Check
* believes in redistributing the wealth – Check
* A propaganda machine willing to show him only in the best possible light – Check
* Uses, “glorious leader” style Agitprop posters common in totalitarian nations – Check (see German campaign poster for example)
* Wants Secret Police force – Check
* Somebody powerful people think they can control – Check
* Often dismissed as a light-weight by his opponents – Check
* Seeks to replace God with the State – Check
* People adopting his name as their own – Check
* Inspires adoration art – Check
* Appropriates symbols of past German glory – Check
* Never plans on giving up power – Check (Obama to be president for the next “eight to 10 years”)
* A narcissistic megalomaniac – Check
* Brazenly Takes credit for other people’s accomplishments – Check
* Wants to build “youth” movement through Universal National State service – Check
* Acts as if in power before he is – Check
* Some followers believe him to be divine – Check
* Worshiped and aided greatly by the media – Check
* Has his own salute – Check
* Has thuggish supporters intimidating political opponents – Check
* Using the power of the State to silence critics – Check
* Songs written to glorify him performed by children – Check
* Takes control of large companies and the economy as a whole – Check
* Attacks the very business leaders who supported his rise once in power – Check
* Whitewashing/removal of political opponents from history (deleting Bush’s Twitter updates) – Check
* Uses economic chaos to gain control – Check
* Gets neighbor to report on neighbor – Check

TheBigOldDog on August 4, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Oh, in case you missed it, the last and latest entry is from your very own post, as many of them are. I simply point out the forest made of the trees you point out.

TheBigOldDog on August 4, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Hello, Mr. Alexrod and Mr. Emmanuel,

I would like to report the following people for spreading disinformation:

Myself
My husband
My mom
My dad
My little sister
My grandmas
My grandpa
My inlaws
My friend JD
Her husband
My boss
My other boss
and all the people I’ve met at the Tea Parties

I’ll also offer you an inside tip: people flying American flags and those who respond enthusiastically to mention of the Constitution are likely spreading disinformation as well.

Glad to be of service, and I’ll see you on the first day of reeducation.

Sincerely,
Animator Girl

Animator Girl on August 4, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I made use of the email address and turned myself into the White House for the spreading of disinformation.

If I disappear in the middle of the night…

rfburnhertz on August 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM

this is where we’re headed if Obama gets his way:

and, yes, that is a younger Hugh Laurie as the nurse

kscheuller on August 4, 2009 at 11:31 PM

journey,

Frances on August 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM

LOL. Just one window in the place? O is harsh. Let me see. I guess I will call for the bunk furthest away from the door.
No target practice for me :( Have a small house and 2 kids and until/unless things get worse, have chosen not to have them in the house. Have been wondering if I should buy one and have it stored somewhere but don’t know the legalities of that.

journeyintothewhirlwind on August 4, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I’m sorry.. he just says that he supports a single payer health care system, with insurance for everybody, and that this will only happy after Democrats control the executive and legislative branches. He obviously doesn’t MEAN that he supports a single payer health care system, with insurance for everybody, and that this will only happy after Democrats control the executive and legislative branches.

Phoenician on August 5, 2009 at 1:30 AM

happy -> happen. *sigh*

Phoenician on August 5, 2009 at 1:30 AM

orange on August 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Because the latter is a pretext for the former. See “Trojan horse.” See also “Fabian socialism.” I’m not name-calling with that latter remark, either, so save it.

We’re talking about moving forward with a policy that would allow the CMS Director (or whoever winds up in charge of setting premia for the public option) to wipe out an entire industry (either overnight or over time) by pricing health policies at actuarially unfair rates and being subsidized from general revenues after operating at a loss.** The CMS Director is in Obama’s chain of command.

You may have missed Schakowsky’s and Frank’s charming comments as well. They’re pretty explicit that the public option is a pretext for a takeover.

________
** Tell me honestly — if the public option loses money, will it be scrapped? This is a vitally important question.

DrSteve on August 5, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Report Obama’s friends over at the “green party” they are floating the notion that he believes in single payer.

njpat on August 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I turned my wife and I in to flag@whitehouse.gov this morning. Based on our screaming at the TV every time health scare came on, I felt it was my civic duty to turn in two trouble makers. Not for the trouble we’ve made, but for the trouble we’re about to…

Just thinking ahead.

karl9000 on August 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM

These people that are so easily swayed to vote one way or another are hopefully learning what it is like to live your life believing and knowing nothing. These actions he is taking are directly out of Hitlers book. I mean its like reading it again. If conservatives weren’t paying all the taxes to pay for his crap, we might be heading to the ovens.

Tremmy on August 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM