DNC goes nuclear: Mobs of right-wing extremists are attacking our health-care town halls! Flashback: Obama tells cultists to “get in their faces”

posted at 7:25 pm on August 4, 2009 by Allahpundit

Fortuitously timed, coming as it does just one day after we revisited some of the left’s greatest hits in demonizing Bush, McCain, Palin, etc. They’re like the proverbial guy in spectacles who sucker-punches you and then shrieks when you move to retaliate about not hitting a man wearing glasses. Such delicate flowers they are:

Statement from DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse on the Republican Party and Allied Groups’ Mob Rule: The Republicans and their allied groups – desperate after losing two consecutive elections and every major policy fight on Capitol Hill – are inciting angry mobs of a small number of rabid right wing extremists funded by K Street Lobbyists to disrupt thoughtful discussions about the future of health care in America taking place in Congressional Districts across the country.

However, much like we saw at the McCain-Palin rallies last year where crowds were baited with cries of ‘socialist,’ ‘communist,’ and where the birthers movement was born – these mobs of extremists are not interested in having a thoughtful discussion about the issues – but like some Republican leaders have said – they are interested in ‘breaking’ the President and destroying his Presidency.

These mobs are bussed in by well funded, highly organized groups run by Republican operatives and funded by the special interests who are desperately trying to stop the agenda for change the President was elected to bring to Washington. Despite the headline grabbing nature of these angry mobs and their disruptions of events, they are not reflective of where the American people are on the issues – or the hundreds of thousands of thoughtful discussions taking place around kitchen tables, water coolers and in homes.

The right wing extremists’ use of things like devil horns on pictures of our elected officials, hanging members of Congress in effigy, breathlessly questioning the President’s citizenship and the use of Nazi SS symbols [Heaven forbid. — ed.] and the like just shows how outside of the mainstream the Republican Party and their allies are. This type of anger and discord did not serve Republicans well in 2008 – and it is bound to backfire again.

I added the boldface in case the media’s unclear on which words the DNC wants them to emphasize when they’re reading this release on air. Needless to say, this is the left’s pitiful — and ironic, given the lip service paid above to “thoughtful discussion” — strategy to win the ObamaCare debate by framing the GOP as stone-cold nuts before its own message machine gets rolling during the recess this month. Already today, we’ve had Axelrod whining on MSNBC about “fearmongering” (more irony!), Boxer fretting about people in suits “storming” the town halls, and smilin’ Dick Durbin lamenting that “tea baggers” are trying to turn the meetings into “free for alls.” Isn’t that what the left did for years in public meetings about the war, asked Jake Tapper of Gibbs earlier today. You’ll find the answer below. But before you watch, courtesy of Greenroom all-star Karl, a few talking points for the left to use as their “thoughtful discussion” goes forward:

* People who want Congress to take more time debating healthcare are shutting down debate.
* Pres. Obama says the time for talk on healthcare is over, but his critics are trying to shut down debate.
* Harassing and threatening the families of AIG employees is awesome; razzing Representatives and Senators is totally bogus!
* Asking Representatives and Senators to read bills before voting on them is killing democracy.
* Sen. Specter saying “we have to make judgments very fast” is awesome. Booing him for saying so is shutting off debate.
* Healthcare protesters are thugs shutting off debate; antiwar protesters are “rowdy.”

Not “thugs,” Karl. “Mobs” and “extremists.”

Update: I can’t believe I forgot this golden oldie from the campaign trail last September. Thanks to Omri Ceren for reminding me.

The feistier, more sarcastic tone came as worried Democrats urged Obama to get tougher and show more passion. Obama has tried to assure donors and voters that he’s been schooled by Chicago politics…

In Elko, Obama tried to anticipate his critics and called on the crowd of about 1,500 to sharpen their elbows, too.

“I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face,” he said.

“And if they tell you that, ‘Well, we’re not sure where he stands on guns.’ I want you to say, ‘He believes in the Second Amendment.’ If they tell you, ‘Well, he’s going to raise your taxes,’ you say, ‘No, he’s not, he’s going lower them.’ You are my ambassadors. You guys are the ones who can make the case.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Wow … and they think this intimidation is going to work?

This will blow up in their face.

darwin on August 4, 2009 at 7:26 PM

The Vichy Right had better distance themselves from all those people claiming that Obamacare is un-Constitutional and a trojan horse bringing socialized medicine, lest the left lump you in with us and paint you all as crazies.

Run, Vichy Right, run away.

progressoverpeace on August 4, 2009 at 7:26 PM

This is unbelievable. We are teetering very close to something very bad…

BardMan on August 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Obama said the time for talk is over.

I just assumed it meant that the time for yelling had begun.

myrenovations on August 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Mobs, right. Like When cindy sheehan was “mobbing” with her crew near the crawford ranch?

tx2654 on August 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Good god, drudge should fill up a whole sidebar with that… please drudge, do it… show off their hypocracy…

ninjapirate on August 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM

But the joker post is beyond the pale! Dunno why some of you people think playing nice is a good idea.

lorien1973 on August 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Tipping point rapidly approaching…. prepare.

redrock on August 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Mobs of right-wing extremists are attacking our health-care town halls!

Don’t let up!!!!!!

FontanaConservative on August 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM

‘THEIR’ townhalls? WTF? to paraphrase a movie

“Townhall…you keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

I suspect the word they are looking for is echo chamber.

Fighton03 on August 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I suggest you post those photos of the elderly people who tried to talk to Feinstein and then were tricked into leaving and locked out.

Blake on August 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I’m so glad to see that some of us are willing to make their voices heard. The Crown probably called our founding fathers “angry mobs” too.

CarolinaGirl6 on August 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Run, Vichy Right, run away.

progressoverpeace on August 4, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Nice, you discovered a new word today. Pair that up with “neocon” or “fascist” and you’re rolling.

V15J on August 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Pussies.

They ain’t seen nuthin yet.

CPT. Charles on August 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Hypocrisy thy name is DNC

truly is pathetic

cmsinaz on August 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Run, Vichy Right, run away.

progressoverpeace

Why? Obama said it himself. On tape. The public he serves demands an answer and has a right to an answer about his conflicting statements.

El Guapo on August 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM

We are teetering very close to something very bad…

BardMan on August 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM

It’s coming.

progressoverpeace on August 4, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Heh.. My 73 year old mother in law is a part of a mob of extremists. She’ll be thrilled to know how her own Dem party feels about her attending town hall meetings because she is concerned about the government’s plan for her “end of life” care.

How pathetic can these losers be?

More rope.

Key West Reader on August 4, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I don’t see what the big deal is. The angry, extremist mobs are only half the country.

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM

If they are crying, it just means we’re hitting the right spots. Keep it up! Americans are ALL pissed off. The ONLY folks who think this is a right wing mob are the idiots in Washington.

Americans are also not stupid. They can see the ridiculousness of Turncoat Specter telling folks we can’t read the bills but we have to vote quickly.

Keep it up, jagoffs. You’re only fueling the flames.

Thunderstorm129 on August 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Hit them harder. Hit them faster. But most of all, keep hitting them.

The Democrats are cracking under the pressure, and we must not stop until they fail!

Unfortunately, the liberals changed the field of political discourse for the last 8-years filled with demonizing, and savagely attacking any conservative or republican.

NOW is the time to use their tactics against them. They will rue the day they changed the game.

Enoxo on August 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Such delicate flowers they are:

Projection is a terrible thing.

lorien1973 on August 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Ok, I need a little help here. Should I just laugh? ‘cuz I think this is hilarious.

Or is this the slap in the face where we can move the debate to the dueling grounds at dawn tomorrow?

Skandia Recluse on August 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Oscrewball, is starting to loose it. His skin is so thin. Thats not his skin color. All we are seeing is the color of his BLACK HEART, showing through his transparent skin.
This melt down is priceless. He will some how start violence at one of the townhall meetings, and blame it on the people voicing their opinions on his Deathcare.
Might not be a bad idea to get a few axtra rounds for the weapons.
It on folks. Lets Roll.

Offshore_Drilling on August 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM

My congressman, Jay Inslee (Washington St. District 1) solved this problem. He cancelled his Townhall discussion of Health care scheduled for July 23….then he announced on July 29 a “telephone townhall” for that same day!! Sorry, Jay, I didn’t get the memo in time to join you.

P*ssy.

dont taze me bro on August 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I don’t see the problem. We are simply organizing as a community. Simmer down, democrats.

sherry on August 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I call Bulls**t!

However, much like we saw at the McCain-Palin rallies last year where crowds were baited with cries of ’socialist,’ ‘communist,’ and where the birthers movement was born

Sorry pal, try again. Ever heard of Phillip J. Berg? Former Deputy Attorney General of Philadelphia? Clintonite?

Sheesh, credit where credit’s due, please!

Califemme on August 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Pussies.

They ain’t seen nuthin yet.

CPT. Charles on August 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM

+100

Key West Reader on August 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Told you….Now, it remains to be seen how people who really aren’t obsessed think about this.

I am guessing?

The oldsters will turn them off.

You may see a tip up in the polls this week over healthcare.

I don’t think those yelling sessions were effective on such an important issue, and I do think that the age matters.

It’s just a bit obnoxious for Medicare recipients to suggest that others don’t deserve public option.

Please. It’s the same as gov’t people suggesting they get their benefits but the rest of us can go grub for leftovers in the insurance industry.

It’s just too poignant for words.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Americans are also not stupid.

Thunderstorm129 on August 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM

The votes of 52% of Americans in November say different.

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi

mizflame98 on August 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

extremists, protesters, and fearmongers….Oh my!

cmsinaz on August 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Where are the angry mobs refusing to let others ask questions? I dont see any videos or proof of this. If anything they refused to move on to the next question when Democrats refused to answer or gave an answer to something that wasn’t asked.

I do remember angry mobs vandalizing (2001-2008). Why arent those left wing mobs labeled as such by the same people labeling those who ask real fact based questions as such?

Bigotry.

El Guapo on August 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I would like to know where are these people who will pay me to be against Nobama’s hell-care program. I could use the extra money. I will need it to get health-care when I am denied it because of my age as is proposed under Nobama’s plan.

Instead, I have paid for my own gasoline to drive to the demonstration sites and suffered in 100 degree heat to make MY VOICE heard by MY representatives and senators in Washington, D. C.

Those people who actually are being paid by leftist groups have NO GUTS and thus get NO GLORY. They are outnumbered at least 10 to 1 by ordinary people of all races who don’t want the policies be pushed by the Commie in Charge (CIC). There are more of us than there are of the liberal/socialist/communist persuasion and we will NOT REMAIN silent on this issue or any other that is damaging to our country.

TruthToBeTold on August 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

hahahaha. . . lets see, what did I learn from Clinton? Oh yeah, how to get out of trouble. 3 steps

step 1: deny deny deny
step 2: lie lie lie
and this is the step they are already on step 3: when all else fails blame it on someone else.

When are these idiots going to wake up and realize people don’t like them spending our childrens’ money? They can’t imagine they are wrong.

I asked a Chinese person who was in China during Tienamen Sq. I asked her what she thought about it. She didn’t know what I was talking about. The government media just told them it was a radical protest group that needed to be put down by the government. The government was protecting the people.

It’s interesting that they accuse people of doing what they did. Honestly, I think this is a grass roots effort. People are mad at the government and the governments’ solution is MORE GOVERNMENT.

ThackerAgency on August 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Somebody call the WAAAAAAHHMbulance for the liberals. They dished this crappola for 8 years, but when they get a smidgen of a taste of what they gave us for 8 years, they whine like the pencil-necked neutered dorks they are.

Like my Facebook status says—It’s all fun and games until the other guy’s ox is gored. Then it is fscking hilarious!

Sekhmet on August 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Yeah, I was just reading a few comments in response to this teabagger story.

*sigh*

My Rep isn’t even posting his townhalls on his website. I guess they’re going to be surprises. Maybe I’ll give him a call.

misslizzi on August 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Run, Vichy Right, run away.

progressoverpeace on August 4, 2009 at 7:26 PM

LOL! Wonder if Holdren will be classifying Anti-Obama-Deathcare-Opponents as “domestic terrorists”?

I’ll be over here with the Birthers/Documenters/Question Askers, thank you very much.

I think I’m safe, because at least I’m just part of some “nutty fringe” group, who aren’t even close to sane, much less domestic terrorists!

Califemme on August 4, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Now I’m in trouble. My Saturn Vue has been reclassified as a bus. Can’t wait until I get the bill from MVD here in Arizona. Worse I don’t have a commercial DL that allows me to drive it. Jail here I come.

chemman on August 4, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Emails sent to my elected “representatives” in Congress (all Democrats) expressing my disgust at both this and the White House snitch program, and indicating that I’m looking forward to 2010 or 2012 as applicable.

malclave on August 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM

It’s going to be a hot hot August.

tarpon on August 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Obama tells cultists to “get in their faces”

Thug in Chief

cmsinaz on August 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Gibby gave a pretty pathetic answer, and that’s saying something. It’s organized (and therefore doesn’t reflect actual voter sentiment) because they’re “bragging” about it and because a certain [unnamed] ex-CEO that was fined has an ax to grind? That’s it? You’re kidding right?

Well, you know that the left is losing the battle when Gibby can’t do any better than this. I’ll bet that they’re praying for someone to do something stupid at one of these town halls to further their meme that the oppos are simply right wing nut jobs out to “destroy” O’s presidency.

volnation on August 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

The idea (good or bad) was to help senior citizens. They’re expensive to insure, and many aren’t well enough to work into their 70s and 80s.

It seems reasonable to expect younger, healthier adults to find their own insurance through a job, the military, or paying out of pocket (like I do for my family).

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Hey, take heart. That’s how it goes with grass-roots. They are often way off the mark.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I have been following my local Congressman’s “efforts” to hold town halls. I know there are PA people on here, Patrick Murphy PA 8 needs to be replaced. He sent out invitations to the first two events and is now reluctant to schedule larger events despite the editorials calling for it. PA people give this toad a call.

msmveritas on August 4, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Those politicians sure do feel safe inside that beltway don’t they? Who needs DC? I think America would be better off if the entire nation seceded from DC.

ThackerAgency on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Community organizing for me but not for thee.

JellyToast on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

You almost get a whiff of..what is that odor? It smells like…

condescension?

Could it be that Obama and his merry band of jokers think so little of your voice as to completely dismiss you as the fringe of America?

Just like those fringe Iranians fighting for freedom. Silly little people. Just ignore them. Now where were we?

Thunderstorm129 on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Tar’s on the boil, and the chicken’s been plucked.

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Rhinoboy on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

The….hypocrisy! It’s…too…much!

Rightwingguy on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I guess The Precedent mistook who the pitchforks were for when he warned the creditors for the car companies that he was the only thing standing between them and the pitchforks …

The bell tolls for you, El Precedente.

progressoverpeace on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

This will blow up in their face.

darwin on August 4, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I’ll second that.

The donks and their MSM cohorts said the same thing about the protesters at the Tea Parties, but never said anything of the kind about the liberal freaks and Code Pink whackos who protested Bush’s War.

Libs = Concerned citizens
GOP = Maniacs

fogw on August 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

sherry on August 4, 2009

I think they are so ticked off because we are able to do this without the use of community organizers on federal payrolls. More proof that conservatism teaches individual thought, and self reliability.

El Guapo on August 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM

RE: Update

ROFLMAO

Skandia Recluse on August 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM

El Guapo on August 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Cuz left-wingers only spread the love – like sh1t off the fan.

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Oh, it’s coming. Wait till they pass this thing using “Reconciliation”. There will be a revolution. Peaceful? Don’t know. Sweeping? Yes.

marklmail on August 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM

hmmmm*…

I have friends who were forced into retirement. It’s just my age. But anyway, they are pre-Medicare.

And then, the meltdown happened. That’s nobody’s fault particularly either. I think it belongs to all of us.

But in any case, it affected us.

So now we’re back out looking for jobs. Please, we’re over 50. This isn’t a walk in the park.

And, no benefits.

No, I disagree. This is very important, to just the age group right below those Medicare yellers.

And we’re not overly entertained by them, either.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Obama said the time for talk is over.

I just assumed it meant that the time for yelling had begun.

myrenovations on August 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM

more likely he just doesn’t have the answers.

poppieseeds on August 4, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Nice update Allah. May I also remind you of Hillary’s almost inaudible rant about having the RIGHT to debate and disagree with ANY administration.

BardMan on August 4, 2009 at 7:45 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Medicare is PAID FOR BY AMERICANS. The people on Medicare and Social Security PAID FOR IT. The government FORCED THEM to pay for it out of every pay check. Medicare is not a public ‘option’. Medicare is the ONLY option for seniors over 65 (unless you are in the UAW and you get better coverage paid for by the shell of a company they destroyed).

We are all paying for our Medicare and Social Security NOW whether or not we get it.

If people weren’t so dumb about why our system was broken, I might hold out more hope that someone would fix the broken parts appropriately.

ThackerAgency on August 4, 2009 at 7:45 PM

We are teetering very close to something very bad…

BardMan on August 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM
It’s coming.

progressoverpeace on August 4, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Bring it. Let’s get it on.

Take the mask off, so everyone can see these bastards for who they really are.

tsj017 on August 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

If finding private insurance is ‘grubbing for leftovers,’ then being stuck with a single-payer system will be sifting through sewage.

Have you ever been to a VA hospital or known anyone who works at one?

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I’m so angry it makes me want lower taxes.

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

The only difference between AnninCA and a roomfull of monkeys banging away on typewriters is that the monkeys are more likely to come up with an intelligent post.

PackerBronco on August 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM

The greater percentage of Americans that are happy with their existing health care plans are now being called mobs. The public servats have frogotten that they work for us & not the other way around. Who are these people in government today? How can any public servant cry foul when they are supposed to listen to their constituents the first place? They have completely ignored the fact that the calls & emails sent to their respective offices were coming in at a 15 to 1 ratio against this Obamascare plan weeks ago. These folks in government are either dim or suffer from SML [sudden memory loss].

Americannodash on August 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I think that the reason that Thug’s ACORN buddies aren’t coming out in droves is that they’re already Medicaid recipients and hence, this health care crap sandwich won’t affect them.

Ever stop to think that Uncle Sugar wants all Americans to suffrage like his peeps been suffragin’ under public health plans?

You did? Good on you. Cause THAT is what this turdburger is all about. Getting even.

Key West Reader on August 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I support that statement 100%.

But that absolutely doesn’t mean that I support whatever the protesters are saying.

That is so not going to fly.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I’m angry now I want the government to leave my body alone.

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM

If it’s just a “small number of right wing extremists,” why the hell is the DNC, not to mention most Dem congresspersons, so worried? I am truly puzzled. Truly puzzled I am.

Patrick S on August 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM

This far right wing extremist & hubby (a mob of 2, if you will) will be in DC protesting on 9/11 & 9/12 – It is time to ROLL…..making a HUGE joker sign too – heh

Ris4victory on August 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:45 PM

You’re so rude. I think I’ll stop paying attention to you, rude person.

fogw on August 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Next question: Which Republicans will stand up to the White House and defend those who oppose these boondoggles?

Anyone? Anyone? Backbone wanted.

Now’s about the perfect time for some public condemning of the White House for belittling voters concerns by calling them fringe astroturfers.

Palin? Jindle? Mitt? Huck? Anyone?

Thunderstorm129 on August 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I’m angry enough to insist that my health choices only be between my doctor and me.

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM

CarolinaGirl6 on August 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM

But, Heaven forbid, don’t call the founding fathers “birthers” or anything, might screw up your meme…

Califemme on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

The left always have a plan. Their plan is to plant the seeds in peoples minds of militant right wing mobs and unrest etc. and they will use some of their own to cause it to turn violent….

It will not work. Only because there are too many who now know better. Too many who will not be distracted.

It will get ugly. It’s what Obama wants. It will not however, turn out the way he planned.

katy on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Have you ever been to a VA hospital or known anyone who works at one?

Yes, I sort of regret putting them on my list earlier. It’s pretty dismal.

I agree with posters here on this one.

BUT…..I do know that they take care of huge numbers of alcoholic wetbrains. That’s a very unwanted task in our society.

And they don’t always die fast, either.

Give the VA credit.

I do know that it’s nothing like what is promised to young recruits.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I’m so angry now I want the government to leave my body alone.

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM

PIMF

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM

That sounds counter-revolutionary, Comrade.

Clearly you hate the poor, huddled masses.

/sarc

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

SO let me get this straight. Obama was a community organizer who pushed his own personal agenda for his own self serving purpose and that qualifies him for POTUS. A POTUS who is beyond criticisim and doubt. Conservatives organize a protest that is in the best interest of this country and all of those who inhabit her boarders and we are crazy nut jobs who watch NASCAR, drink beer and cling to our guns and religion.
WTF?

milwife88 on August 4, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Get the government out of my body!

Was that too extreme?

perroviejo on August 4, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Well, that was subtle. Hey, but we right wing extremists are not going to let a little name calling stop us now are we?

Terrye on August 4, 2009 at 7:51 PM

katy on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

+100. And thankfully, he’s too ignorant to know what to do about it.

sherry on August 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM

This will blow up in their face.

darwin on August 4, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Or in ours. Literally. Never underestimate the maliciousness of the incompetent.

spmat on August 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Take a pill you turd swallowing toad. And to think that I actually defended you more than once.

Key West Reader on August 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Don’t be surprised if ACORN shows up eventually.

And does anyone know what those clowns are really proposing? Even the clowns? And did they get $4,500 off on their little clown car?

Just wondering.

IlikedAUH2O on August 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

First it was the tea parties, now it’s the speaking out against health care. Then, it will be cap and trade when it rears its ugly head again.

I guess I’m an extremist mobster. Well, when you’re facing The Syndicate, from downtown Chicago, you have to pull a gun when they pull a knife.

MadisonConservative on August 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Please tell me the ever annoying ANNINCA did not just post that alcoholic war vets don’t die quickly enough?

Ris4victory on August 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

On April 3rd, Rep. Steve Kagen (D-WI) held a “Healthcare Listening Session.” As you might imagine, the conservatives in attendance were extremely uncivil. They took up their torches and pitchforks and with a rallying cry, ran through the town, flipped over cars and lit them afire, ending the night with a hostage situation.

Okay, I exaggerated just a little. But make no mistake, these people were downright vicious, and the Brown County Democrats say they will not rest until these “unruly radicals” are brought to justice:

This radical group came over two hours before the event took place to pack the auditorium and make sure no one who actually wanted to have debate or ask a legitimate question of the Congressman could.

They showed up Two. Hours. Early. How…radical. In this day and age, how do we tolerate people who show up early to get good seats?

HT: Redstate.

Wethal on August 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Funny how Obama has touted and been praised for being an “organizer” yet, when others organize it’s suddenly not such a great thing.

ohellno on August 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Looks like they are taking a play from Iran. (No not the shooting of protesters) but rather telling them that they are really the other side.

This may work on ppl sitting on the sidelines and the Obama Cultists. But how are you going to tell a lifelong liberal that he’s a right-wing fanatic?

- The Cat

MirCat on August 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM

You’re so rude. I think I’ll stop paying attention to you, rude person

I rarely notice when someone stops posting. I’m just not that into personalities.

But rude to me is when someone consistently makes it personal.

I am fairly certain I don’t do that.

If rude to you means, “You disagree with me!” OK.

You get to have your definition.

I’ll stick with mine.

I only label someone that way when they are clearly and obviously personal, abusive, and to continue to respond puts ME in the spot of being a dufus, doormat type.

I’m no doormat.

But, I won’t take it at all personally if you think my opinions are unacceptable to you.

I just have a completely different way of evaluating that.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Ris4victory on August 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Looks that way to me.

Thunderstorm129 on August 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I give the VA credit for doing about as well as a gov’t agency can, which isn’t great.

The problem with any gov’t agency is that when you’re spending others’ money, there’s little incentive to be efficient.

And because no profits are to be had, there’s no incentive for innovation.

So my question is, Do you want a VA-quality government plan, paid for with printed/borrowed money that our children can never repay, to be the only option available in the U.S.?

jazz_piano on August 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the VA’s handling of this awful condition.

And let’s talk about blue cross handles it.

AnninCA on August 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Ris4victory on August 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Yes, it did. And it is highly insulting and worthy of a ban hammer if you ask me. My great grandfather, grandfather, father, husband, and brother in laws all served and fought. My mother was even in the Womens’ Corps.

Outrageous that she’s allowed to post such offensive peices of trash. Pig.

Key West Reader on August 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM

How about some…

MY BODY MY CHOICE

signs for the health care protests. Ironic no?

I love the calling lib republicans the “Vichy Right.” My friends will be hearing that one. Great line.

Mojave Mark on August 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Obama just wants to comfort you. Is that a crime?

Enoxo on August 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM