Sarah Palin Needs to Help Conservative Bloggers So We Can Make Stuff Up, Too

posted at 9:29 am on August 3, 2009 by The Other McCain

Many Republicans have been heard to complain recently, “Hey, what’s wrong with you conservative bloggers? How come you can’t just make stuff up the way those left-wingers do? You need to get with this 21st-century Web 2.0 thing, OK?”

Yesterday, we discovered the problem: Conservative bloggers don’t have “sources” the way progressives do. Take for instance, the highly influential blog called Immoral Minority, which has been rockin’ the Site Meter lately. Their secret? Sources:

Earlier this week one of my best sources claimed to have explosive new information for me . . .

According to my source Sarah is finished with Todd and has decided to end their marriage . . .

As for the babygate story . . . my sources are still working on it, and the information is becoming more accessible . . .

It’s all about ”sources,” you see. Which is a big problem for conservative bloggers, because for some reason we can’t get any sources with intimate details of the marriages of prominent Democrats. Whereas the lefty bloggers make it look easy to find sources who know everything about Todd and Sarah Palin. Just check out CNN stringer/blogger Dennis Zaki (see update below):

AlaskaReport has learned today that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage (including a former Palin staffer) have confirmed the split.

Wow. So Friday night, the Immoral Majority gets this big scoop from one of their “best sources,” posts it at 6 a.m. Saturday morning, and within hours, Zaki’s story with “multiple sources” is the top item at Memeorandum!

Behold the awesome power of “sources,” ye conservatives, and tremble in fear!

But wait, what’s this? Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapleton issues a statement:

There is no truth to the recent “story” . . .  that the Palins are divorcing. The Palins remain married, committed to each other and their family . . .

Ah, but Stapleton is not “sources,” is she? Nor is this person quoted by some conservative bloggers:

Divorce Todd? Have you seen Todd? I may be just a renegade hockey mom, but I’m not blind!”
SARAH PALIN, 5:35 p.m. ET

Sorry, Mrs. Palin, this simply won’t do the job in the New Media environment. Anything said by someone with an actual name can never trump “sources,” as the amazing Immoral Minority demonstrated with a subsequent update:

Update3: I just talked to my source again and learned the following.
Sarah and Todd will not be making their break up official for some time. . . .
However Todd is currently sleeping on the couch and, though they are still occupying the same house, the temperature is below freezing, if you get my drift. . . .

Doggone that “source”! Why is it that only progressives know where Todd is sleeping? Why can’t any conservative bloggers get sources to tell them this kind of important stuff?

Myself, I didn’t sleep with my wife last night because I didn’t sleep at all. I’ve been working non-stop ever since I found out about this big story — and not from my sources, but from these highly reliable progressive bloggers who seem to have a monopoly on that “source”-type action. Transcript of a Saturday afternoon phone conversation:

ME: “Why didn’t you tell me about this divorce thing?”

SOURCE: “Because it’s not true.”

ME: “What?”

SOURCE: “It’s completely false.”

ME: “Completely false? Can I quote that? Is it authorized?”

SOURCE: “They already issued an official denial.”

ME: “Crap.”

SOURCE: “What?”

ME: “So, not only didn’t you call me first about the rumor, you also didn’t call me first about the denial.”

Why is it that my sources never seem to understand how this whole New Media thing works? Let’s face it, Mrs. Palin, as long as those progressive bloggers are getting up-to-the-minute briefings on the temperature at the Palin residence — if you get my drift — while somebody who has posting privileges here at Michelle Malkin’s Hot Air can’t even get the first phone call on the denial, how do you expect us to beat those guys in terms of making stuff up?

Now, here’s my idea: I told my source to give my phone number to . . . uh, two sources in Wasilla, Alaska, if you get my drift. Because I’ve made my living as a professional journalist since 1986, I’m not really so good at this newfangled making-stuff-up business, but I’d be willing to give it a try:

MONDAY, AUG. 3, 2009, 4:34 P.M. – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and husband Todd “went at it like crazy” Sunday evening at their home in Wasilla, according to one source familiar with the couple’s rendezvous.

“Man, I don’t know what got into her last night,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “I’ve never seen anything like it before. No, wait, maybe that time we went camping back in . . . ’96. Yeah, I’m pretty sure it was ’96, but it might have been ’97. Anyway, the thing is, it was awesome.”

Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapleton refused to comment on the allegation.

UPDATE 6:17 P.M. – I now have further confirmation of the previously reported romantic encounter between the Palins, although one of my best sources disputes key details of our earlier account.

“Me? He said it was me?” said the source. “Oh, no way, it was totally him. You betcha. All I did was put on an old Rod Stewart CD while I was cooking the fish we caught last weekend, and next thing ya know, he’s singin’ along about ‘tonight’s the night’ and stuff. Of course, he can’t sing worth a darn, but he doesn’t know that.”

According to this source, Todd Palin “came up behind” the former governor, put his arms around her and began kissing her neck “all sweet-like” which caused the 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate to laugh.

“Like I don’t know what you’re up to, Mister,” Mrs. Palin reportedly said.

Todd Palin was obviously seeking to make amends for previous neglect, according to this source. A four-time Tesoro Iron Dog snow-race champion, the governor’s husband “was trying to make up for lost time, I guess, because . . . well, he sure as heck wasn’t complaining, I can tell you that. You betcha.”

Asked about the apparent discepancy with Hot Air’s original report, the first source confirmed these new details.

“Whatever, man,” the first source said. “All I’m saying is, well, he shoots, he scores, right? Standing ovation, you might say.”

Further developments in the new scandal will be reported as details become available.

UPDATE 7:42 P.M.:– Still more confirmation from a new source.

“Ewwwww, gross,” said someone familiar with Sunday evening’s events. “Like, it’s bad enough when you can hear ‘em in there, like I don’t know, OK? I just turned up my iPod and was like, whatever.”

While only indirectly confirming the controversial encounter between Mrs. Palin and the man the former governor still calls “First Dude,” this new source revealed a potentially intriguing angle involving Bristol Palin’s ex-fiance Levi Johnston.

Characterizing Johnston as a “total loser,” this source suggested it is extremely unlikely the father of Bristol’s infant son will ever “get his crap together.”

“Oh, puh-leeze! You’re talking ‘Ricky Hollywood,’ OK? I was like, ‘What’s up with that?’ . . . He’s supposed to be doing some kind of reality TV thing, and I’m like, right. They need to call it ‘America’s Biggest Jerk,’ ya know?”

Also confirmed was that the reported breach between Bristol and Johnston is “definitely” permanent. “Not in a million flippin’ years,” said the source, adding that Johnston had not “bought the first flippin’ diaper” for their son, Tripp.

Hot Air will continue to provide exclusive coverage of these controversies, including rumors that the Palins’ 14-year-old daughter Willow thinks pop musician Joe Jonas is “totally to die for.”

Anyway, Mrs. Palin, while I have no previous experience in making stuff up the way Dennis Zaki does, I would consider attempting it, if only I had some of those “sources” like the progressive bloggers do.

But like I said, I haven’t slept since Saturday morning and haven’t showered since Friday night, so I’ll have to wrap this up now. Sources confirm that a shower and some cologne might be especially helpful in further developments, if you get my drift . . .

Update (Ed): According to Howard Kurtz, Zaki is not a CNN stringer.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Man she is so deliciously beautiful in that pic. Hmmm…. (clearing throat)you were saying something?

promachus on August 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM

A little crude and slightly inappropriate.

Abby Adams on August 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Apparently, some conservative bloggers do make stuff up, such as appearances planned at the Reagan library. :)

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:36 AM

and time spent answering these sources is time we could use defeating the left. The currency of the netroots is power, if lies increase their power they will use them. By the way a very good post, the problem is that by using time to answer baseless charges we lose time in the mud of the netroots. I know their is some gain in discrediting these people, but only so much as they will move onto the next falsehood and this story will vanish down the memory hole.

rob verdi on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

And yes, duly noted that even on this blog, Sarah and sex is connected in nearly every way imaginable.

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

A little crude and slightly inappropriate.

Abby Adams on August 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM

What would life be without a little of both?

blatantblue on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

What would life be without a little of both?

blatantblue on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Dull.

ladyingray on August 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Its worse than that.

Its CONSERVATIVES that are out there trying to discredit the cottin’ pickin’ Truthers.

Go figure?

singlemalt_18 on August 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I like it.

mikeyboss on August 3, 2009 at 9:42 AM

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Point taken. I am abashed but Sarah is still beautiful.

promachus on August 3, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I think you got those concepts mixed up , sexism is attributed to gender not sex.

the_nile on August 3, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Noticing a person attractiveness is not sexism. It’s human nature.

mikeyboss on August 3, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Pretending to have sources for one’s lies is a time-honored journalistic mainstay. Where do you think leftist bloggers got the idea?

Akzed on August 3, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I was listening to Dr. Bennett’s show this morning and a couple of callers had gone to Sen. Specter’s townhall. Apparently the “pro” government healthcare folks were wearing Planned Parenthood, Acorn and union T-shirts. According to two seperate reports one gentlemen was told he was too stupid to be at the townhall because he had voted for Sarah Palin. Another phone caller said that outside after the meeting they were confronted and told that they were just mad because Sarah Palin is getting a divorce. How do they manage to work her into the health care argument?

Cindy Munford on August 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM

She knows what she’s doing. Kicking Obama’s Kenyan butt is her new mission in life, besides raising those beautiful babies.

alliebobbitt on August 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Point taken. I am abashed but Sarah is still beautiful.

promachus on August 3, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Sometimes my breath really gets taken from me when I see her

C4Pee has a great photo of her on their page, and I’d like to find the original.

blatantblue on August 3, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Cindy Munford on August 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Palin. Derangement. Syndrome.

Abby Adams on August 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

It’s a great head start, though.

holygoat on August 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Planned Parenthood… for killing the children

Acorn… sometimes you feel like a nut

Union… they’re fascists now

alliebobbitt on August 3, 2009 at 9:50 AM

And I IMAGINE who, what, when, where,and why. IS this Blogger – blogging for ACORN. Does ACORN cruise Home Depot for their day laborers, pick them up promise them minimum wage for how many post and blog comments an hour? Do they have to print out a proof sheet? I mean that would kill a lot of trees, and that’s not GREEN. So when they pick them up, do they drop them off at the local public library, and do they have to sign up on a Library List to use a community computer? I’m not judging these bloggers whatever keeps them in Cigarettes and Lotto tickets.

While reading the above, I was imagining the person posting about their sources keeping them informed, fishing a gerbil out of their……well I think they have something uncomfortable stuck up there.

Other McCain, Is this what you are referring to – making stuff up WINK.

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 9:50 AM

How do they manage to work her into the health care argument?

Cindy Munford on August 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM

They got no other defense.

the_nile on August 3, 2009 at 9:51 AM

This was funny, although admittedly a bit on the crude side, if you get my North Slope drift. ;)

jwolf on August 3, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Breaking News – It has been revealed today by sources close to Jesse Griffin (Gryphon) of the Imoralminority blog that his most reliable sources for his stories on the Palin family are in fact the classroom full of five year olds that he molests teaches in his day job as a part-time kindergarten teacher.

Dreadnought223 on August 3, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Is this Blogger Canadian? Is this person’s source- surfing Andrew Sullivan’s site?

I can make up stuff all day long LOL!

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Noticing a person attractiveness is not sexism. It’s human nature.

mikeyboss on August 3, 2009 at 9:44 AM

No offense, but not when people do it every time they post or open their mouths. Frankly, it makes most women feel creepy.

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Good one!

Bob's Kid on August 3, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Alternatively, I believe it was only conservatives who cited “sources” about the Clintons throwing lamps & ash trays at each other in the White House.

jgapinoy on August 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Well darn! We need to make stuff up too. Well, the “birther” thing is made up, but that’s weak sauce compared to say “Trig Trutherism”, “9/11 conspiracies”, and the like. You conservative bloggers need to make something up that has true staying power. Perhaps that Obama was born not in Kenya, but in Argentina. The secret son of a Nazi war criminal in hiding, yeah that would work. I could probably find “sources” for that for you.

Rightwingguy on August 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Sometimes my breath really gets taken from me when I see her

That’s what happens to huffers.

blatantblowme on August 3, 2009 at 9:47 AM

You seem to have a real problem with the C4P website.

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:36 AM

SHOCKING!!!

KS Rex on August 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

So wait….me telling women how smoking hot they are when I don’t even know them is a turn off? Dude! That explains everything!

Rightwingguy on August 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:36 AM

OMG you guys!

Rightwingguy on August 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Obama’s Hope Unicorn’s horn falls off turns out it was just another jackass.

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist. AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

“Sexism” is barratry whose secondary benefit is to make a political constituency out of gullible women. Not everyone recognizes it as anything other than poor manners, and not everything categorized as sexism is poor manners.

Akzed on August 3, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I’m here because I’m avoiding the Oregon health care thread.
There is a rip roaring article on Atlas Shrugged about this Palin divorce thing and I read it last night, cheering. Then I looked up Frank Marshall Davis. Someone on here had told me that Barry Obama looked like Davis not Barack Sr. but I never checked it out. Sure enough. That is certainly Frank’s nose more so than Barack Sr.’s.
In fact looking at the two, not sure how he could be Sr’s son.
SO! Let’s end the truther/birther thing, a dna test. He’s a natural born citizen even if he were born on the moon and the SC can figure out the indonesian thing, because surely they’d take up that one.
THEN we can concentrate on Sarah Palin’s multiple pool boy affairs.

ORconservative on August 3, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Other McCain, Are you looking for anything specific ?

Michelle Obama’s television appearances made my dog have seizures.

Remember when that Entertainment tonight hostess was sued by a woman who claimed she made her ill when she spoke. She gave her migraines, when she appeared on screen? Just saying it would help to know what kind of made up stuff you are looking for.

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Just so everyone can see what Ann did there: If we RESPOND to the left’s sexism, that makes us sexist. Just like we’re racists if we respond to their racism.

In Ann’s playbook, she and hers must be allowed to do ANYTHING, and we can’t respond.

NO. TO HELL WITH YOU.

Merovign on August 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM

A little crude and slightly inappropriate.

Abby Adams on August 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Whay? Sex between a married couple?

getalife

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM

This, I think, is why Palin fans tend to be so fervent in their support of her. The nutroots have certainly gone out of their way to SMEAR this woman nonstop. When someone who is truly undeserving of such treatment is subjected to it, the pushback tends to be the exact opposite – she can do no wrong to some Palinistas.

I don’t think she’s infallable, but come ON. The smears are really too much, and they certainly bolster my support for her in a big way.

Red Cloud on August 3, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Whew…thank Gaia Palin is a non-entity, an irrelevant has-been relegated to the ash bin of history.

Imagine how the libs would be treating her if she were relevant and a perceived danger to their destructive agenda.

Bishop on August 3, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Well we do make stuff up like Obama’s birth certificate and look where it got us.

tomas on August 3, 2009 at 10:07 AM

ORconservative on August 3, 2009 at 10:03 AM

What did you think of the alleged nude photos of Obooba’s mother on Atlas Shrugged?

Akzed on August 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Sarah and sex is connected in nearly every way
AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Uh, yow.

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Whay? Sex between a married couple?

getalife

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM

LOL

i miss g0tmylifeback

wish AP could unban him

blatantblue on August 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM

i like one or two trolls

it gets boring just preachinv to the choir

blatantblue on August 3, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Olbermann Accuses Bush of ‘Murderous Deceit,’ Should ‘Shut the Hell Up …
Mary Hart of Entertainment Tonight. May 15, 2008 – 09:58 ET … that Mrs. Neale sued ET due to the fact that Mary Hart’s Voice caused her to …
newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/05/15/… – 408k – Cached

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I don’t find it creepy.

I can talk about how hot Todd Palin is in every post I make…’cause he is.

Do you find that creepy?

You really shouldn’t speak for others.

ladyingray on August 3, 2009 at 10:13 AM

i like one or two trolls

it gets boring just preachinv to the choir

blatantblue on August 3, 2009 at 10:11 AM

This is oh so true…

ladyingray on August 3, 2009 at 10:14 AM

ladyingray on August 3, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Their tinfoil hats are pinching them, you know where their heads are located :) I just made that up! Is there some place we are supposed to sign up, if we are going to make sh1t up?

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Akzed on August 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I refused to click on them. I read more about Frankie instead. I probably should have just looked at the photos. How/What are they?
My question is that Davis came from Chicago and Barry ended up in Chicago. Is that a coincidence? I don’t know, not specualting just asking.
Now back to Palin who is much more attractive than Obama or FMD.

ORconservative on August 3, 2009 at 10:17 AM

W

tomas on August 3, 2009 at 10:07 AM

“WE”
do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM

These ‘journalists’ are juveniles raised on the National Enquirer.
They feel that if they bring enough pressure, like the ethics complaints, it’ll come true.
Todd needs to introduce some people to his knuckles.

TinMan13 on August 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Man she is so deliciously beautiful in that pic.

promachus on August 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Just to avoid confusion – which “pic”? Like I said, just to avoid confusion…

Jaibones on August 3, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Dang that woman is hot!

(I’m, of course, referring to my wife.)

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I don’t know but let me know if you find it. It could be lots of fun!

ladyingray on August 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM

So, you figure the guy who wrote the AlaskaReport piece is suffering from a little wishful thinking?

Maybe he has designs of a more personal nature on the former governor, and if he can cause some friction, all his grand plans will come to fruition.

Or, maybe he has some kind of juicy mancrush on Todd.

applebutter on August 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM

TinMan13 on August 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM

The answer is actually cross suing the complain tents. Let them experience some consequences. The Palin’s have a lawyer on retainer Lawyers need to make a living too. How many of these piss ants bringing bogus ethics complaints have the $$$ to keep a lawyer on retainer? And now the Palins are private citizens, I hope they DRILL for redress.

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Maybe there are some who do that every time. I don’t know if anyone here does.

mikeyboss on August 3, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

No, but if you are a liberal sexist there are no repercussions.

Patrick S on August 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Maybe there are some who do that every time. I don’t know if anyone here does.

mikeyboss on August 3, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Well, even if they do, I don’t find it creepy. LOL

That’s just plain silly.

ladyingray on August 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Sarah Palin is rumored to be secretly in love with her husband.

Gasp!

profitsbeard on August 3, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I don’t find it creepy but than I prefer Retrosexuals to Metrosexuals. Liberal women prefer men whipped as in felines.

Dr Evil on August 3, 2009 at 10:32 AM

This is hilarious.

ramrants on August 3, 2009 at 10:34 AM

mikeyboss on August 3, 2009 at 10:25 AM

There are always people who do it here. And it’s never just that she’s attractive. It’s always ‘derrrr..she’s super hot and I’d do her’…

She’s married, a mother of five, and a lot of people think she’s got a gift for inspiring crowds…and yet the comment threads on a political blog end up sounding like circle spank night at a boys middle school gym. It’s not just disrespectful, it’s pathetic.
You know that you can find more appropriate places to post this kind of thing, right guys? There are adult sites that let you post all kinds of disgusting things; you don’t have to do it here. You could even try putting pants on and going out in public and meeting a REAL LIVE GIRL!! Then you wouldn’t have to post your pathetic mewlings here.

Every thread with a halfway attractive woman’s picture on it goes that direction. There is no sometimes about it. It’s every time.

austinnelly on August 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Stating the obvious that Sarah Palin is an attractive woman is not “sexism”.

What’s even more appealing is she’s able to do what she does and still maintain that feminine allure … contrary to the leftist femi-nazi hags.

darwin on August 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Sexism is sexism, guys. You don’t have to be liberal to be a sexist.

AnninCA on August 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM

In case you haven’t noticed, guys respond to beautiful women, that isn’t “sexism” that is from the beginning of time.
Palin is beautiful, an athlete, an accomplished politician, and accomplished businesswoman, a mother, a wife…so you parse out what you want as “sexism”, and I will take the rest.
You are the one focused on “sexism”…
It is just nice to have a great gift, and have it wrapped nicely.

right2bright on August 3, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Palin is attractive. So is Mitt Romney.
Do you have anything of value to add?

ORconservative on August 3, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Facts mean nothing anymore…

It is now officially all about “Feelings.”

Well, I “feel” that the Left, and liberalism in general, is killing this country and they know it. It is an intentional crime. The Obama Administration, I feel, after talking to my “sources,” is hell bent on turning America into a Third World country as fast as they can. I “feel” the Left are no patriots…just common thugs and thieves…no better.

Refute that.

I got pretty strong “feelings” on that issue…and so do my “sources.”

coldwarrior on August 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM

First, good post by Teh Stacy.

Second, Sarah Palin is supported for two reasons:

1. She enuncicates, in simple, understandable terms, clear, conservative principles in the Reagan tradition in ways that do not seek the approval of liberals and their outriders in the news media.

2. She’s smokin’ hot, after five kids and a twenty five year marriage, she still looks like she’s 22 years old.

3. Andrew Sullivan is insanely jealous of her that she has Todd.

I mean, how can conservatives ask for more? What do you people want, more Mittcare? Isn’t the Deval Patrick legacy enough to tell you what for?

Thanks, but make mine Sarah!

victor82 on August 3, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Sarah Palin is rumored to be secretly in love with her husband.

Gasp!

profitsbeard on August 3, 2009 at 10:31 AM

AND they have sex!

Double gasp!

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Oh crap, make that THREE reasons.

I feel a Spanish Inquisition sketch coming on….

victor82 on August 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Actually I don’t give a rip what Sarah looks like. Just keep her talking. A real American in politics is refreshing.

Jeff from WI on August 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Oh crap, make that THREE reasons.

I feel a Spanish Inquisition sketch coming on….

victor82 on August 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Is OK. #3 is not why I support Sarah.

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Jeff from WI on August 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Ding!

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM

austinnelly on August 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I still don’t find it creepy.

It’s normal guy talk. It would creepy if they didn’t make comments.

ladyingray on August 3, 2009 at 11:07 AM

We used to call what the bloggers are doing ‘gossip,’ not ‘news.’

snickelfritz on August 3, 2009 at 11:07 AM

First, it’s no secret that the blogger for Immoral Minority is gay. Alaskans are pretty open about their deviations and he is no exception. I’ve exchanged emails with a number of Alaskans who know him personally, and the term most commonly used is “flaming queen”.

See? Conservatives can get sources too. They just need to employ the same methods that the liberals use. I’ll leave you to speculate what those might be.

Immolate on August 3, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Awesome satirical piece!

shick on August 3, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Awesome satirical piece!

shick on August 3, 2009 at 11:15 AM

That’s what I meant to say.

davidk on August 3, 2009 at 11:25 AM

It’s like Alice in Woderland. The Left is completely insane.

SouthernGent on August 3, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Peggy and Maureen’s heads are gonna explode sky-high after reading those Monday updates.

Sapwolf on August 3, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I think AnninCA’s head will explode. The fuse is lit and burnin now.

Sapwolf on August 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Immolate on August 3, 2009 at 11:13 AM

So it isn’t that he hates Sarah but wants Todd? Did your “sources” tell you that in the past he hit on the “First Dude” and got shot down? Is he trying to break up their marriage hoping he would be next in line?

If you check out the rabid Alaskan Palin haters you have to wonder if most of them “bat for the other team” or if they are just pathetic losers.

katiejane on August 3, 2009 at 11:59 AM

katiejane on August 3, 2009 at 11:59 AM

“Bat for the other team”…LOLOL

Jeff from WI on August 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Not to be rude or anything, but most women kind of like hearing that as often as possible. Also, there is nothing wrong with people noticing Sarah’s attractiveness. My husband who also works in the oil industry would have a heart attack over a woman who likes to hunt, fish, and was athletic. Lucky him, he got me:)

TXMomof3 on August 3, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Hey put some ointment on those sources!

ronsfi on August 3, 2009 at 12:33 PM

To me Sarah’s appeal is that she speaks what she believes, unafraid…confidence is a big thing. And, yes, she is a Mom, and has raised some pretty normal kids, no yuppies need apply. She likes normal things…acts like a lot of women I know from my kids’ schools, in the neighborhood. And yes, she is good on the eyes.

Sexist? If that be sexism, then I’ll wear that label proudly.

coldwarrior on August 3, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Ed..

Maybe Howard Kurtz better inform Dennis Zaki.

I mean.. it’s Zaki the one name dropping CNN..

Only saying.

DaveC on August 3, 2009 at 12:38 PM

TXMomof3 on August 3, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Oh, give me a break. If you see you neighbor many times a day and every time you see him he comments on how you’re hawt!! let alone on how he’d like to do you, you would be creeped out. I’m sure Gov. Palin would not be flattered by that crap and is more interested in people discussing issues.

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 12:56 PM

My sources tell me that Obama’s date nights with Michelle are really coke fueled “date” menage a trois with Whitney Houston and Paris Hilton although there have been occasions where Divine Brown and the ghost of Herve Villechaize have stood in.

NTropy on August 3, 2009 at 12:56 PM

It’s funny that the blogger is now trying to blame the reporter forgetting that one, he was the one who sent him the letter and two, he should have blacked out any identifying information in the letter himself.

Blake on August 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Sources say, this is funny stuff.

BTW, Allah tried to kill the promotion from the Green Room, and says he still hates you.

lionheart on August 3, 2009 at 1:16 PM

What was the first thing Clinton said after sex?

Honey I am home

seven on August 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM

AlaskaReport.com

PO Box 22525

99508

Anchorage, Alaska

Shame if this address was flooded with hundreds of subscriptions of magazines with the ‘Bill Me Later’.

IF
it would happen.

DaveC on August 3, 2009 at 2:17 PM

You really have to hand it to Reliable Sources and Senior Staffers. Those two guys know more about what’s going on in the world than everyone else combined! I have to feel sorry for Junior Staffers though. His big brother always seems to get the attention. You never see Junior quoted. Maybe that’s because he and Unreliable don’t know how to properly leak information.

taznar on August 3, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Update on the ‘sources’ from American Spectator:

koz on August 3, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I have a source that confirms Dick Durbin, the most aptly named man in politics, is an unmitigated used douch*bag.

Oh, wait a minute. That’s not anything but common knowledge. Sorry folks.

Branch Rickey on August 3, 2009 at 3:57 PM