Quote of the day

posted at 10:15 pm on July 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“‘Could I mention, Steve, that I kept hearing during the campaign the stuff about McCain being weak on economics. They obsessed about this in the media. They never said Obama is weak on economics. I came to Washington as a Reaganite limited government tax cutter.’ He’s right about the media treatment. Neither candidate had a strong command of economics—certainly not Mr. Obama, as events have shown…

‘I remember being on the phone with President Bush, Vice President Cheney, the Treasury secretary and [Fed Chairman Ben] Bernanke. They assure me the world financial system is going to collapse if I don’t vote for the bill. So I do the impetuous and rash thing by saying, look, I have got to go back to Washington and see how I can help. And by the way, so did Obama—but it was McCain that was the impetuous one. Obama came back to Washington.’ Mr. McCain grumbles, ‘He was at the White House with me. But he wasn’t impetuous.’ This is the only time in our interview he shows any bitterness about the campaign…

‘Let’s face it,’ he says, ‘she galvanized our base in a way that I couldn’t. Everywhere she went she drew enormous and enthusiastic crowds like a rock star.’ He says his only regret in selecting the Alaska governor was that no one on the campaign predicted the ferocity of the assaults against her. ‘To the liberal left, particularly the feminists, she is their worst nightmare.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

In other news …

I just saw Ogabe in a speech today saying the economy’s better.

Then right after that – a commercial comes on and it’s Ogabe again – saying that 1 in 8 Americans have a problem getting enough food.

But then … a news story came on Fox about how the Democrats want to implement a “fat tax” – WTF? I thought over 10 percent of us were starving.

These liberals are confusing me.

HondaV65 on July 31, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Hey, I got rooked–but I got rooked by the Big Con! Ya can’t blame me for being rooked by Henry Gondorf! Can I help not knowing how the world economy works? C’mon!

DaveS

Ted Kennedy is a liar, a thief, a traitor, a killer, a friend to our enemies because they are our enemies, a man who has done wrong and harm with vigor, beyond health and now strifes to mar this country beyond his death.

If I could make him whole with a prayer I would–but a wholly healthy Ted would vote opposite of that sick old man.

Chris_Balsz on July 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

As far as Dodd goes – I hope he gets better – but I think his announcement is a publicity stunt because he’s tanking in the polls.

HondaV65 on July 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I was thinking the same thing. The survival rate for prostate cancer, (at least in America were we don’t have socialized medicine, yet), is over 99%. He might as well have announced that he’s having his, uh, tonsils out.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Oh. mccain realizes he was weak and pathetic and his foul, pathetic and incompetent staff was unable to deal with an actual popular and strong candidate in the VP pick? So we are supposed to think he is brilliant in introspection? Screw you, mccain. You will be linked with the fascist takeover and destruction of America forever. You are as big a villian as barry. I will go to sleep tonite praying you read this, because it is the truth. You will not be treated kindly in the afterlife.

peacenprosperity on July 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Cheshire Cat on July 31, 2009 at 11:14 PM

;)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

If by scrubbed you mean it’s right here, then, yeah it was scrubbed.

Spirit of 1776 on July 31, 2009 at 10:54 PM

LOL!

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

What’s the over/under on how many times Bozo will be on tv during his cost efficient vacation at the bazillion dollar mansion on MV?

txag92 on July 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM

The Obama administration is lying about the economy.

It appears they got their GDP number this past quarter by marking down 2008. I smell politics. In any case, I believe industrial capacity utilization fell from 80 to 68 from the first of 2008 to June 2009. That is a 15% decline. I know that despite the idea that US capacity hasn’t grown, that is not true, but grow, shrink or whatever, 15% is 15%.

How about the rest of it? I would guess that the agricultural sector has held its own, but what are we talking about on a GDP basis, maybe $150 billion to $200 billion? Most of this goes back to industrial capacity. So 2% of the GDP didn’t shrink. http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/g17/Current/table11.htm

So they call banking GDP, is that correct? Well, the government shot banking about a 25% shot in the arm, so I guess we got some growth there, but I don’t even count that as GDP.

So now we come to government, which is really for the most part, minus-GDP, but they count it as plus GDP. Well, most of the states are in full collapse and the Federal Government is bankrupt and about to be called on the carpet before long by the bankers. Now that the bankers have theirs, they don’t want to squander it. Barney Frank is nothing but a cartoon puppet to them.

Can anyone name something that has gone up on its own or isn’t down 10% or more? The home building figures are so bad that even though they are claiming an increase, the increase is below anything seen the past 50 years. Home building declined over 50% from the start of 2008. This alone is a 1% loss of GDP if you don’t get into the multiples, which probably increase it to the 5% range. Restaurants are down and retail sales are down.

The number of employed has declined by roughly 5.6 million people from June 2008 to June 2009. Not counted in this is a 46 minute drop in the average work week which I understand if adjusted would mean another 3 million less jobs (meaning they could have eliminated 3 million jobs and lef the work week the same and had the same number of hours worked). None of these figure points to green shoots. http://www.bls.gov/web/cpseea1.pdf

Here is the real question? Did the stimulus have an impact or did it wash down the black hole? Some people say what someone got, if they saved it, the process was a waste. But, isn’t the true problem the state of the consumer? Someone has to put the money up for the government to borrow. The spent money merely goes out of the country to a good extent to China and India and those days are through if there is going to be a US economy. It would appear that now that US labor is busted down to WalMart wages that much of the consumer good stuff could be made here. Stuff like furniture and higher quality clothing.

The problem with manufacturing is that it is too simple, that most likely we will never see more than 15% of the world engaged in it. So, you don’t need much education and the machinery has been advanced to where 1 man can make the goods for 7 or 8. Most of us have too much crap now, so why pursue more of it.

In any case, the data is being cooked. Mining, manufacturing, agriculture and construction are what I would call the main GDP industries and all but agriculture are in the crapper. Construction and industrial production are both down way more than the 3.8% the government is allowing so far.

You might note the figures in the employment page. The percentage of potential labor pool working fell from 62.4% to 59.5%. Again, this is 5% drop, not a 3% drop. You might also note that coming into this recession, the rate of increase in the labor pool was shrinking. Also, one might note that the peak percentage was in 2000 at the top of the stock bubble at 64.4%. We have witnessed a close to 10% decline in the percentage of US potential workforce employed since 2000.

KentAllard on July 31, 2009 at 11:31 PM

txag92 on July 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Better question….Is anyone keeping track of how many Barry’s been on the boob tube? Is it just me, or does it seem like he makes an appearance every single day?

Is this what Venezuala is like?

Knucklehead on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

“Look, this is a very popular, attractive, and eloquent president,”

Our guys have got to STOP saying garbage like this. The criticism of Pres. Obama is muted when it is proceeded by this flowery homage to him. It makes them appear neutered and ineffective. Just lay out what the Democrats are doing wrong, how it can be done better if it needs to be done at all.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

…‘To the liberal left, particularly the feminists, she is their worst nightmare.’”

That Gov. Palin truly is.

Thank you for entering Mr. McCain, long live Sarah Palin!

Zorro on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

To me, when it comes to matters life, illness, suffering and death, politics shouldn’t matter.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Look, I missed the earlier part of the thread but whenever I see a statement like that I have to wonder: what about Hitler?

I’m not even remotely trying to compare him to Dodd, (there’s a difference between a crook and a monster), but I still have to ask.

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM

txag92 on July 31, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I depends. Are you including commercials in that figure?

Laura in Maryland on July 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

canopfor on July 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

No I hadn’t but I will now.

Thanks.

Bishop on July 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Is it him?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Is this what Venezuala is like?

Knucklehead on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

We’re on the way. As Cindy pointed out, it would be good if we didn’t do this:

“Look, this is a very popular, attractive, and eloquent president,”

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:36 PM

HondaV65 on July 31, 2009 at 11:24 PM

It’s very simple, you greedy racist Birther.

Obama will give you $4,500 trade-in value on a fat relative (provided that relative can still move and you’ve had her for at least a year.) Once you leave the lot with your new lean, sterile, earth-friendly relative, the dealer will extract whatever parts are salvagable and pour in a special sodium silicate solution that disables the offensive creature.

TMK on July 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

“Look, this is a very popular, attractive, and eloquent president,”

Hear hear.

It makes them appear neutered and ineffective.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Oh, this is well past “appearance”, Cindy. Only someone who is truly neutered and bent over in total submission (5 times a day, if required) would think of spouting that sort of garbage.

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I find it hard to not be disgusted by McCain. Not because he lost the election, but because he just flat out refused to step up to the plate and be the kind of man our side needed him to be to win the election. Later Johnny, you’re yesterday’s news.

infidel4life on July 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

;)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Remember, Blondie, keep your half of the Gold buried in several different places. You just can’t be too careful these days.

Tuco on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Wow, staterun media is really trying hard to pump up their pathetic failure of a president. This is Associated Press’ latest release:

Dems win approval of health bill in committee (AP)(AP Photo/Susan Walsh)AP – In a triumph for President Barack Obama, Democrats narrowly pushed sweeping health care legislation through a key congressional committee

How pathetic can the media be? What will they pump out when Ogabe’s approval drops to the 30s later this fall?

Norwegian on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Knucklehead on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I’m just happy that those stupid commemorative plates and coins seem to be gone … for now. They were really driving me nuts. But he keeps showing up on more PSAs than I can even count. It’s crazy.

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

But he’s worried that this may end badly. The administration has “co-opted the hospitals, he’s co-opted the pharmacists; he’ll co-opt AMA [American Medical Association]. And by the way, if the pharmaceutical companies can save us $100 billion, why don’t they do it now? For the love of God, doesn’t this mean that they’ve been ripping us off?”

McCain’s starting to sound like Glen Beck!

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

what about Hitler?

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

KentAllard on July 31, 2009 at 11:31 PM

I think the Porkulus was inconsequential. It’s been the Fed that’s been pumping trillions into the economy. They’ve swapped trillions for toxic assets and just printed up over a trillion for sh!ts and giggles.

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Is this what Venezuala is like?

Knucklehead on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I LOVE Saturday & Sunday since Barry doesn’t “work” on the weekend.

I’m sure this is exactly what Venezuela is like, in more ways than one.

txag92 on July 31, 2009 at 11:44 PM

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

It has been driving me crazy for a while now and they were all doing it. I am not suggesting that they insult the president or any of the other side (as tempting as it might be). I think we have got the facts and the ideas on our side and they can stand or fall on their own.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:44 PM

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taking.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Right on, Cindy. This guy is not articulate, urbane, sophistacated or fo that matter, very intelligent. He rads well. That is it. Does anyone think it’s odd that the last two democrat presidents were bastards with no strong male influences in thier lives? Do the democrats look for pupets like this to groom?

peacenprosperity on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Oh, just pull a Murkowski already. Retire and bequeath your Senate seat to Meghan.

Christien on July 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Norwegian on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

More glistening moobs and fabulous fashions by Michelle?

And since we got this thingy passed tonight, am I the only one fearing tomorrow morning and BarryCare being passed in the middle of the night?

Knucklehead on July 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

sophistacated

Sorry, I’m hammered.

peacenprosperity on July 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taking.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on talking.

jazz_piano on July 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

peacenprosperity on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

W could give a darn fine speech from a teleprompter and he was a decent human being, the similarities stop there. I know that sounds hateful but I can’t find a way to equate this crazy power grab into a love for country or humanity.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. Often, you have to kill murderers to stop them from murdering. I certainly have no kind thoughts for the Taliban or Al-Qaeda members, etc. Instead, I have prayers for those risking their lives to kill them. Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Some people just need killin’.

We always must remember that it is the Koran that motivates and fuels Muslim fundamentalists. There’s no such thing as a “radical” Muslim, as some claim the Taliban are, just ones who actually believe that the Koran is true. That’s a fundamentalist folks, their theology is very orthodox when seen in the light of the actual Koran. We make a tragic mistake in thinking that there are “moderate” Muslims. There are not. They are either liberal or fundamentalist.

Mojave Mark on July 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM

It has been driving me crazy for a while now and they were all doing it.

Mostly, they were scared. The only ones with guts were people like Rush, who said the right thing when he said he wanted The Precedent to fail. But too many don’t have the juevos to go down that path.

I am. Well, not insult, but just tell the honest truth about him – which will sound like a stream of awful insults. They need to let people know that The Precedent is a moron, a criminal, a marxist, and as un-American a person as most have ever seen in the political world, bent on destroying our nation and inflicting as much pain on us as possible. There are hundreds of anecdotes and quotes to illustrate each and every one of these points and they need to learn them and preach the truth about The Precedent. And he’s not eloquent. The fool has still not been able to master the use of the indefinite article – which really bothers the heck out of me.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Yep. The truth is kryptonite to The Precedent and the left.

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Do you mean to say that we can’t insult Barack Obama and his band of miserable half wits and psychopaths who are looting and indenturing this country for political and ideological gain, who care only for themselves and their politics and are burning the house down?

Maybe you’re right. It might be in bad form.

Luka on July 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taking.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on talking.

jazz_piano on July 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taxing.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Is it him?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

One of him… maybe. :)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taking.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on talking.

jazz_piano on July 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taxing.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

LOL

jazz_piano on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Sorry, I’m hammered.

peacenprosperity on July 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Oh, no! First MB4 and now peacenprosperity.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Juan Queeg only knows how to attack Republicans, I am still waiting for him to “name names” that include donks….

sven10077 on July 31, 2009 at 10:30 PM

He named Reid, Dodd, and Franks several times, on camera. Limbaugh even played it on his show.

He did it at a campaign rally I attended.

He could carve his heart out on stage and you would still spew hate at the man.

funky chicken on July 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM

I wish McCain were president right now.

therightwinger on July 31, 2009 at 11:55 PM

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

It’s driving me crazy but I am thrilled to believe he is still here.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

One of him… maybe. :)

FloatingRock on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

It is getting a bit spooky. Did Ed ever respond to you?

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Then Mr. McCain adds, “Eight or nine Republican appropriators routinely vote for this pork.” Shaking his head he says, “It’s killing our party.”

He’s right, and has nailed GOP porkmeisters many times over the years. They are the ones who get lots of attention for slamming McCain, … dishonorable men hate being called on the carpet in public. What a damn shame that so many people in the GOP are thrilled to quote them over and over (remember Pork King Thad Cochran’s statement that got such wonderful reception here? It was because McCain was very rough on Cochran’s pork barrel spending).

funky chicken on July 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

HondaV65 on July 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM

You are too kind. I’ll stop short of wishing ill on another. But clearly Dodd didn’t care what happens to any of us, so I’ll return the favor. Let him go to Canada, France, or England and get the medical care he needs, he can afford the plane ticket, it should be a cost saving move for him considering the corrupt medical services provided we are saddled with here in the U.S.

Because obviously, according to President Obama, all of our doctors are crooks.

Besides, like a doctor is going to make any money off a politician…. puhleeeeese…..!!!!

Hog Wild on July 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Is it fair to call the Maverick a horses patoot?

Kini on July 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Luka on July 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

That was awesome!! While greatly appreciated here, not suitable for public consumption by people trying to promote a better way. Obamanistas might melt if confronted with too much truth.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Is it him?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I have an excellent idea. Let’s change the subject.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Maybe you’re right. It might be in bad form.

Luka on July 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I won’t tell anyone else what to do, but here’s my take.

I can respect the office, and show proper respect to the office-holder, even though I do not respect him. I can even love him as a human being although his ideology and actions reprehensible.

I try to attack only his policies, lies, and actions–not him personally, and certainly not his family.

jazz_piano on August 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Ed’s in California and I don’t think he would answer.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Is it fair to call the Maverick a horses patoot?

Kini on July 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Neigh!

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

As long as you don’t fade away, anything you say.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Tuco on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I plan on it, next chance I get.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

McCain made a big deal of SUSPENDING HIS CAMPAIGN. Something Obama didn’t do. You could pretty much tell the election was lost right there.

Speedwagon82 on August 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Is it him?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Or, is him it?

I’ve met them both.

And read what they’ve quothe.

So, stop being a silly twit.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Norwegian on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

More “happy days are here again” garbage about how the economy is just about — just about, mind you — to start humming along. We’re already hearing loads of “positive economic signs” just when Obama’s poll numbers are slipping.

She is. Sarah Palin is the living, breathing refutation of all they hold dear.

ddrintn on August 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

McCain vs. Obama reminded me of Bush vs. Clinton in ’92.

McCain and Bush are from another generation–one that valued military service, honor, and patriotism.

Obama and Clinton are products of the cynical, anti-American counter-culture.

But neither McCain nor Bush seemed to understand what he was up against.

jazz_piano on August 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

It is getting a bit spooky.

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:57 PM

There is no use trying; one can’t believe impossible things.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

“Look, this is a very popular, attractive, and eloquent president,”
Hear hear.

It makes them appear neutered and ineffective.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I agree. It’s become the new version of “some of my best friends are black”.

ddrintn on August 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Excellent point.

There are degrees of scale, though. Sometimes you have to destroy a blight to save the land, for example. No murderer involved, but lives are still at stake.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Ed’s in California and I don’t think he would answer.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

You know, we could make him really angry! Shall we try?

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Neigh!

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

NEIGH?!

Kini on August 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

As long as you don’t fade away, anything you say.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Well, I know that most people have often seen a cat without a grin, but a grin without a cat? It’s the most curious thing most people have ever saw in their life!

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:14 AM

There is no use trying; one can’t believe impossible things.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I hope you’re wrong. Our national policy is based on impossible things. I was getting really excited about the new, green perpetual motion generators that are going to make electricity free and save the world.

progressoverpeace on August 1, 2009 at 12:14 AM

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:43 PM

We’ll know when the recession finally because commodities and inflation with both skyrocket.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

There is no use trying; one can’t believe impossible things.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Cheshire Puss…

Would you tell me, please, which way we ought to go from here?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I agree with Senator McCain about this. I knew that they would take some pot shots at her but I don’t think anyone was prepared for what they did and continue to do to Gov. Palin. I have said all along that this period will ultimately be unforgiving of the media and the dereliction of their constitutionally protected responsibilities.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Kini on August 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Nee! Ni! No! Num!

I smell the blood of an Hawaiian beach bum.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Would you tell me, please, which way we ought to go from here?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Well since we don’t know where we are going I would think that any direction will take us there.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

We’ll know when the recession finally [ends] because commodities and inflation will both skyrocket.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Yep. And these jokers think that they are going to be able to deflate things when that comes around … it is almost laughable, in the most morbid sense.

And that is all assuming that our economy can fight the massive headwinds the dems are blowing with their regulations and mucking around in the private sector, and that the dems don’t end up passing any of their really dangerous bills. I don’t know. It’s going to be touch and go, but the way the GOP folded on Sotomayor I’m not very optimistic.

progressoverpeace on August 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Nice article trying to rehabilitate McCain. But, it failed. He is still a POS and should stop this “reaching across the aisle” bs, and he should tell his buddy Graham to knock off his bs, too. What worthless and useless pieces of humanity.

cjs1943 on August 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Well, what can’t be denied is that I’m mad and I don’t want to go among big butt people.

(Pardon my dylsexia.)

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Well, Limbaugh’s right in saying that Obama is the media’s Waterloo. They’re dead.

ddrintn on August 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM

You know, we could make him really angry! Shall we try?

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I don’t know, I only have one life and can’t afford to make the powers that be made enough to banish me. What would I have to do?

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

What would I have to do?

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Drunk posting.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:26 AM

It’s driving me crazy but I am thrilled to believe he is still here.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Shhhh….

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM

I don’t know, I only have one life and can’t afford to make the powers that be mad enough to banish me. What would I have to do?

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I dare say you haven’t had much practice. When I was your age, I always got away with it for at least a half an hour a day. And it would be loads of fun!

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Drunk posting.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:26 AM

LOL!! Not inclined to take part in that. When I make as a$$ out of myself I like to remember who to apologize to.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM

But wild turkeys are such a southern comfort.

I read that in a poll somewhere.

And the lesson of that is:

Post softly when you are big foot.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

therightwinger on July 31, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Zombie Reagan 2012!

jdkchem on August 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Are cat years different from people years because I don’t think you can pull the “when I was your age” line on me? I’m pretty old. So what can I get away with for at least a half an hour?

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Well, here’s another possibility:

We all agree to post the ban hammer words. You know the ones spelled with dollar signs and ampersands, etcetera, etcetera? And we all do it in sequence.

Okay?

I nominate a certain unnamed concern troll to start.

LOL*

(Cheshire Puss, please stay out of this!)

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taking.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Barack

Obama. The gift that keeps on talking.

jazz_piano on July 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taxing.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

The gift that keeps on tanking?

Is it asking too much?

hillbillyjim on August 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Back after a (too) long absence. Nice to read something fun again.
Hey, guess we all better get signed up for any and every entitlement program there is currently on the books.
It’ll be the only way any body will survive when the shitoski hits the fan and the inflation rate hits 20%+.

OkieDoc on August 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 11:57 PM

No. I’ll try again this weekend or Monday, then try email and finally Michelle. Then maybe an online petition (LOL)!

At some point I may be quietly disappeared for a while, but I’ll be back eventually.

Or maybe I’ll just start adding a virtual signature on every post I make for the “cause”. I haven’t decided yet, but it really bugs me so I’m not giving up without some response.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Some species of cats may not look their age. I read that in some book, but I don’t remember when.

So what can I get away with for at least a half an hour?

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Lets find out!

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taking.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on talking.

jazz_piano on July 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taxing.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on tanking.

hillbillyjim on August 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Is it asking too much?

Especially if it’s a septic tank.

(Tank you vewy much.)

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:46 AM

ddrintn on August 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I was never bothered by Rush’s bravado when he was speaking about Mr. Obama but now I look back on it as another obvious acknowledgment of his political savvy. With so many of the party fawning over the president even when disagreeing with him somebody had to keep these people on their heels. As to the press being dead, will they notice? They have been dead to me and half the population for quite a while and there doesn’t appear to be any impact.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Oh, no! First MB4 and now peacenprosperity.

No matter his positions, I’m honored to be included in his company.

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

If a certain somebody had a way to contact you, a certain somebody could give you one or two of his many lives so that if you were to lose your one and only current life you would have one or two others, if you follow me.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Apparently I am not the sharpest pencil in the box, I have no idea what you and Lox are talking about. I am afraid you can’t be cryptic with me.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM

You know, we could make him really angry! Shall we try?

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

No. Let’s try the gradual approach first.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Don’t fret, Lox is mad, I’m mad, most of us here are mad.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

We’ll know when the recession is finally over because commodities and inflation with both skyrocket.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I’ve had a few, too….

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

No matter his positions, I’m honored to be included in his company.

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM

You work for him too? How’s the health care benefits? As good as that proposed by our very popular, attractive, and eloquent president?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Soooooooo…………..

………. What’s going on in here?

Seven Percent Solution on August 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Seven Percent Solution on August 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Strip poker.

Saltysam on August 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Ed’s in California and I don’t think he would answer.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I don’t think he reads many of our threads, anyway, to be honest. I got the same impression from the Honduras threads, in which about a hundred people challenged some of his memes without response.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM