Quote of the day

posted at 10:15 pm on July 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“‘Could I mention, Steve, that I kept hearing during the campaign the stuff about McCain being weak on economics. They obsessed about this in the media. They never said Obama is weak on economics. I came to Washington as a Reaganite limited government tax cutter.’ He’s right about the media treatment. Neither candidate had a strong command of economics—certainly not Mr. Obama, as events have shown…

‘I remember being on the phone with President Bush, Vice President Cheney, the Treasury secretary and [Fed Chairman Ben] Bernanke. They assure me the world financial system is going to collapse if I don’t vote for the bill. So I do the impetuous and rash thing by saying, look, I have got to go back to Washington and see how I can help. And by the way, so did Obama—but it was McCain that was the impetuous one. Obama came back to Washington.’ Mr. McCain grumbles, ‘He was at the White House with me. But he wasn’t impetuous.’ This is the only time in our interview he shows any bitterness about the campaign…

‘Let’s face it,’ he says, ‘she galvanized our base in a way that I couldn’t. Everywhere she went she drew enormous and enthusiastic crowds like a rock star.’ He says his only regret in selecting the Alaska governor was that no one on the campaign predicted the ferocity of the assaults against her. ‘To the liberal left, particularly the feminists, she is their worst nightmare.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:18 AM

But I thought you didn’t believe in dog?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I would be so p.o.’d at getting banned I would probably take my ball and go home.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Well I gave myself that very same advice. I almost always give myself good advice but I seldom take it.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Could you bear bare beer blogging?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Pfffft. I’m a veteran. ;o)

infidel4life on August 1, 2009 at 2:20 AM

No animated gif, please.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Gentlemen, I bid you a good night. It has been an honor. Sweet dreams to everyone.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Now I growl when I’m pleased, and wag my tail when I’m angry. Therefore I’m mad.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Makes sense if you’re female.

infidel4life on August 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM

But I thought you didn’t believe in dog?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Dogs drool, Cat’s rule.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Well thank goodness for us that you ignore yourself. Goodnight again.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM

AO is hostile when approached. So, peaceandprosperity’s algebra, though anecdotal, has me looking at the math.

Saltysam on August 1, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:23 AM

LOL, no worries. Cookies only tonight.

infidel4life on August 1, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Dogs are super, pooper scooper.

But cats are foxes, despite litter boxes.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM

I wonder if anyone will ever get banned for criticizing ed. allah seems to hit back, he doesn’t get into it but lets people know he is listening(childishly). But allah gets the smart aleck kind of criticism. ed seems to upset people more and get serious blowback. I agree that he doesn’t read the comments, mainly because his impression of himself seems to be ballooning to a critical mass. I think he posts stuff and then goes back to concentrating on how he can promote himself. If I were to bet anyone gets banned for criticism instead of profanity or inappropriate comments it will be by ed.

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Makes sense if you’re female.

infidel4life on August 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Hee hee.

Saltysam on August 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

But cats are foxes, despite litter boxes.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Well you know what Samuel Langhorne said.

If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM

But I thought you didn’t believe in dog?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Is he an agnostic with dyslexia?

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM

OT/

Did you know that McCain grumbled about Obama that

“He was at the White House with me. But he wasn’t impetuous.”

Neither did I.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:33 AM

it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.

My dog thought he was a person, my cat thought he was a god.

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:33 AM

OT/

LOL!

Saltysam on August 1, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Loxodonta
Saltysam

I’ll leave you two alone. Good night.

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Well you know what Samuel Langhorne said.

Cheshire Cat on August 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Generally I’d agree. But Halle Berry as Catwoman knocked it out of the park on both counts.

infidel4life on August 1, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Is he an agnostic with dyslexia?

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Far worse: This ate with dylsexia.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Neither did I.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:33 AM

McCain was mimicking the ironic characterization by the press.

Saltysam on August 1, 2009 at 2:38 AM

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Pleasant dreams.

Saltysam on August 1, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Saltysam on August 1, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Hey! I came to Washington as a Reaganite limited government tax cutter. I don’t want to get banned.

(Besides, Cheshire Puss isn’t being cooperative with the ertaincay ontactcay, if you follow me.)

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 2:41 AM

This thread is killing me. I am waiting breathlessly for peacenprosperity to fill us in on his discovery all the while imagining Cheshire Cat (and others) working on the diabolical plan to avenge MB4’s banning.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM

There’s not much we can do but be persistent or accept the new order…. or hack the user accounts. :)

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Good night, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you
Here’s a wish and prayer that every dream comes true

And though it’s always sweet sorrow to part
I know you’ll always remain in my heart

And now ’til we meet again…

Adios…

Au revoir…

Auf wiedersehen…

Good Night!

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 3:04 AM

working on the diabolical plan to avenge MB4’s banning.

He hasn’t been banned, that’s just an urban rumor. He was here one night this week. He was, however, brief and serious. But he was here. What would MB4 say that would get him banned? He makes most of his points with quotes or clever poems.

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 3:10 AM

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

The banning of MB4 aside, I like Ed. He’s very productive and really pushes out a lot of material. But if he slowed down just a tad and paid a bit more attention to the comments the quality might improve somewhat, especially on multiple posts on the same subject… not that quality is a problem for him, but as with anything, there is always room for improvement. Feedback is often helpful to anybody in that regard.

If he had read our comments in the Honduras threads, in particular, he would have beaten the WSJ to the punch by a few weeks rather than following their lead.

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009

Dear Cindy, I can support the following statement:

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Is it possible that you and others missed this post? Yes it is. And is it possible that some posters last night were, pardon me but, a little tipsy? Yes, it is. And is it possible that these unnamed posters were reading meanings into words that weren’t really meant? Yes, it is.

Therefore, I suggest all concerned treat this matter a little more soberly, with less wishful thinking, and less impetuously.

Please take the following statement from the QotD into consideration:

And by the way, so did Obama — but it was McCain that was the impetuous one.

So, let’s just forget all about this matter and not mention it again. Okay? Can we do this?

Yes we can!

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 5:04 AM

He’s emerged as one of the lead critics of Obamanomics.

As I’ve been saying for months to those conservative GOP-haters here who insist McCain is a liberal.

jgapinoy on August 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM

o/t: could ed or allah get the exact House or Senate # for the bills out of committee this week so that we can peruse them? we’ve got town halls to prepare & study for!

kelley in virginia on August 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM

FO McShamnesty!!!!! You had your chance and you F’d us you RINO puke!

csdeven on August 1, 2009 at 8:01 AM

FloatingRock on August 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Anybody’s???????

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 5:04 AM

I can certainly discount most of it. It’s good to know that somethings are still around.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Lox
causing trouble

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM

cindy, did you get any sleep?

I read on a website this a.m. that many Congressman don’t want to hold townhalls anymore because they are so unruly (mind you, these are just Dem Congressmen who say this). their next excuse is that the townhalls are just too dangerous.

so if you want your Congressman to hear you, you better go to a townhall this month.

kelley in virginia on August 1, 2009 at 8:27 AM

For now, that means trying to stop budget busters like ObamaCare, but also saving a few million dollars at a time by cancelling museums in Nebraska, turtle crossings in Florida, and the endless flow of dollars to Democratic Rep. John Murtha’s airport to nowhere in Johnstown, Pa.

Pork is bad, but it is really sad to see turtles squished on the road.

bitsy on August 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM

kelley in virginia on August 1,

we’re just so insane!

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Pork is bad, but it is really sad to see turtles squished on the road.

bitsy on August 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I’ve been lucky to have never seen that
I’ve been able to get them across the road in time, or someone else has
I love little turtles

If I could be an animal I’d probably be a turtle for a little while

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM

bitsy: the regular box turtle here in central Va. eats my tomatoes, eats quail eggs. i squish them at every opportunity.

of course, there is probably some obscure law out there that makes that a felony…

wait, i hear the doorbell…

kelley in virginia on August 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Good morning folks.

Since we are sitting around yesterday’s QOTD thread in month old underware and sipping coffee waiting on today’s class to begin:

KERA, yesterday, Gwen Ifill(Washington Week) gave her panel this statement: “You would think that Cornyn and Hutchinson will support Sotomeyor because they need the hispanic vote in Texas.”

Identity politics as the ‘smart’ choice. Principles be damned.

I wonder, does Cornyn, and especially Hutchinson, know that the eyes of Texas are upon them?

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

limerick: 1st: my underwear is clean. 2d: they could always vote “present”.

kelley in virginia on August 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

yep
cause them voting for sotomayor is just going to drive millions of latinos to vote GOP

I’ve never understood this type of BS

You want to win the Latino and Black vote? Start getting specific — start pointing out how lefty policy has done the opposite of what was previously promised at the inception of said policy. Start myth busting

Heysus Christos

Begging isn’t going to get minority votes

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Republicans in 2008 broke Reagan’s 11th commandment by going after Palin. They allowed the Democrats to successfully fracture and demoralize them. The atheist libertarians got squishy about Palin’s unashamed embracing of her faith. The pro-choice crowd was uncomfortable that she is 100% pro-life; they see it as an unsophisticated point of view, and they only support Republicans they feel are just saying what they must to get elected. The Rockefeller Republicans don’t care about anything but going to the right parties and being popular. They were sold on the “change” thing. An Obama vote was edgy and cool, even if they had to know deep down inside Obama is a radical leftist and classic tax-and-spend (even sit-and-spin) liberal.

alliebobbitt on August 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM

alliebobbitt on August 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I wouldn’t pin our defeat on a handful republicans going for Obama

Obarfy had the money advantage
a ripe political climate of anti-republicanism
better message discipline — the mccain camp was all over the map
a better ground game

more enthusiastic supporters — many uber cons just couldn’t bring themselves to GOTV for McCain

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 9:00 AM

kelley in virginia on August 1, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I am looking at the schedules. I hate to be one of those people in the polls who hates Congress but thinks their own representative is good but I am. John Mica is been dead on in his votes. Do you think it would be terribly rude of me to wander into one of Corrine Brown’s meetings? She’s close and she nuts. Obviously I wouldn’t say anything, just show up to show solidarity with the obviously too few Rep. in her district. As to sleep, I went to bed around 2:45 and got up around 8:00. I will suffer later.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Hutchison’s a divisive quitter, leaving her senate seat to abscond with TX Governor seat, knowing full well that she won’t trump Perry, but that she will divide the GOP support.

Hutchison is to Texas as McCain was to the nation. Her aspirations for further power are meant to fail gifting power Left.

Is Hutchison going to play musical chairs with Perry, leaving both out of the game, two in one stroke? Or can Perry name himself Senator if she resigns early, and then leave the Gov. ticket open for her to duke out with Dewhurst who would assume the seat in transition?

maverick muse on August 1, 2009 at 9:14 AM

PowerLine Blog has the Sotomayor R-vote count.

McCain is undecided.

If ever there were a “typical white man vote” in the Senate, McCain’s record would be a typecast. “No Offense”

maverick muse on August 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM

alliebobbitt on August 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Propaganda is packaged and marketed for the entire intellectual spectrum, not simply for the indolent of mind. No doubt, the sword of malice cuts deepest when the edge is refined. And that particular sword struck Gov. Palin deepest into her vitals to deliver the death blow. She remained standing given her determined faith. The follow up of countless swipes by the progressive status quo Republicans bled her entire family, including the innocence of her younger children, ridiculed simply for their existence as if they had no right to be. If the attacks were limited from the left, her resources required in self defense would not have been utterly consumed. It is the shame of America for having abused and discarded Gov.Palin without regard for her accomplishments in office as well as her integrity, both personal and professional. Republican leaders with their progressive members designed the media presentation of Gov.Palin persona non grata because she represents traditional “truth and the American way” as a woman; and leaving no stone unhurled, they subsequently denigrate all those who grant Gov.Palin the right to self determination, now being typecast as right wing radicals for holding to decency. Regardless of party affiliation, the status quo agenda remains to assassinate conservatism from the GOP ranks.

maverick muse on August 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

They are. And she is toast! Her latest, speaking to the Hispanic chamber of commerce criticizing Rick Perry for refusing stimulus funds.

RINO 8ITCH!!!

conservnut on August 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I believe Sen. Cornyn has already stated that he will vote against Judge Sotomayor, stating that her answers on the Second Amendment were not convincing.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM

i think we should go to Townhalls to voice opposition (to cindy munford). the fact that they have a job is affirmation enough.

so if you like your Congressman, then see if you can go to a townhall of a nearby congressman that you don’t like. who will be checking voter registrations? ACORN? ha

kelley in virginia on August 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM

maverick muse on August 1, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Sad to say that I’m trapped (again) with the lesser of two evils choice. Hutchinson is a lionheart supporter of the troops, and a wishy washy on amnesty. Perry talks tough, then signs off on the railroad baron Trans-Texas-Cooridor.
Neither of them lifted a finger to help my son during his 2nd Amendment fight with the United States Army. If it wasn’t for congressman John Carter (TX-31), he and many other combat veterans would be facing less than honorable discharges(Yes, I took Perry and Hutchinson inaction personally).

My country is fighting for it’s life. I want my representatives to man a foxhole or get off the battlefield.

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I just found this at Instapundit. JoeBidenSaidThat.com, I guess it’s a good place to go if you need a laugh.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 9:27 AM

kelley in virginia on August 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Trust me, if ACORN is in town, they are with Corrine Brown.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Yesterday HA posted up a quote from Barry regarding the his complaint that Bush didn’t allow enough time for congress to read and discuss pending legislation. Does anyone know the thread? I’ve searched this morning and come up blank.
Two cupie dolls and a brass ring to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM

He’s emerged as one of the lead critics of Obamanomics.

He’s also the guy who told the American electorate during the campaign that they had nothing to fear from an Obama presidency.

Thanks for nothing, McCain.

AZCoyote on August 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Limerick

I remember your sons dilemma

whatever came of it?

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I still don’t think McCain had a prayer of winning in 2008, but what disappoints me to this day is how he allowed himself to be walked all over by the media, by Dems, and by Obama and his campaign staff.

He kept asking us in the final days of the election to fight with him. But he never led by example. People at his rallies kept telling how angry they were. Not because they believed Obama was a closet Muslim(as the drive-bys tried to insinuate). But because they knew as we did that an Obama, Pelosi, and Reid triumvirate in Washington would lead to disaster for this nation.

I’m glad McCain didn’t roll over and become Obama’s lapdog as many feared he would after losing the election. I’m glad he’s speaking out against this administration’s economic policies. And I’m glad he’s FINALLY defending Sarah Palin after remaining silent for nearly a year of unwarranted and unconscionable smears from the left and even some on the right.

But if he wants us to fight with him this time, he needs to hold up his end of the bargain. Name these names you kept alluding to during the campaign. Provide a voice of opposition in the Senate against Obama and the Dems. Be that Reaganite taxcutter you once were. Fight for us and we’ll fight with you.

Doughboy on August 1, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM

AZCoyote on August 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM

alliebobbitt on August 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Hey, I like Palin.

Count to 10 on August 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM

After a lively conversation between Congressman Carter and the command at Ft Hood the U.S. Army backed off with their threats to the troops. The commander at Ft Hood called for an immediate suspension of the orders demanding information on personal weapons stored off of U.S. government property.

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM

AZCoyote on August 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Two large cupie dolls and a brass ring on their way to you Fed-X.

Limerick on August 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Doughboy on August 1, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Well it was definitely an uphill battle
but a winnable one
there was no message discipline
things were haphazard

and cons didn’t turn out in the numbers they could have. No excuse for that one.

Amazing how close the race was with all the advantages Obarking had

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Limerick on August 1, 2009

Good to hear Lim.

Makes me wanna go shoot my AR now

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Well…that was good statement. Guess I’d be feeling a little bit bitter, too, given all the schmoozing he did up until that point with the media, only to get the routine conservative treatment during the campaign. But, aside from that, good quote.

Wait, is he up for reelection?

Mommypundit on August 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM

‘Let’s face it,’ he says, ’she galvanized our base in a way that I couldn’t. Everywhere she went she drew enormous and enthusiastic crowds like a rock star.’

He figured that out all on his own?

DaveC on August 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Cindy! You live around here?

I have never heard of brown doing a townhall and I don’t think she ever will. She is entrenched. Besides, her turf is a tough area, I wouldn’t confront her in front of her supporters. I was threatened and called a cracker while working in her neighborhood last week. I have had the “pleasure” of being in fairly close proximity to her on 4 or 5 occassions and I can confirm she is as dumb as a stump.

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I really do like this new bitter version of McCain who has been acting as a thorn in the Dems. side.

Illinidiva on August 1, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Kennedy is a killer, a liar and a traitor.

artist on July 31, 2009

Absolutely true, absolutely true and quite possibly true but that may be in the definition of “traitor”.
BTW, did you forget drunken lecher or is that his redeeming quality?

SKYFOX on August 1, 2009 at 10:37 AM

How pathetic can the media be? What will they pump out when Ogabe’s approval drops to the 30s later this fall?

Norwegian on July 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

“He inherited Bush’s low approval ratings.”

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 10:45 AM

“He inherited Bush’s low approval ratings.”

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 10:45 AM

LOL. Obama is getting an Inheritance Tax.

portlandon on August 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I’m sure this is exactly what Venezuela is like, in more ways than one.

txag92 on July 31, 2009 at 11:44 PM

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I wouldn’t pin our defeat on a handful republicans going for Obama

But the election results showed a lower turnout than 2004. Fewer Republicans turned up to the polls for McCain than GWB. Some conservatives were happy with Palin and trusted McCain more. Some could never forgive his countless betrayals over the years. The hawks were happy with him. Then there was the handful of Obamacans encouraged by Frum, Brooks, Noonan, Buckley, Parker and even Krauthammer.

Obarfy had the money advantage

Undoubtedly.

a ripe political climate of anti-republicanism

You mean a biased, now state-run media.

better message discipline — the mccain camp was all over the map

John McCain pouted when his media friends turned on him; he was jealous of a star being born with Sarah Palin; he didn’t have the heart to go after Obama and sabotage his “historic” candidacy. The “celebrity” attacks worked, but this was even more than McCain could stomach. Forget Wright, Ayers… and Marx.

a better ground game

ACORN

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Cult of personality (and I think Obama is a major dork and dumber than Palin by a longshot). I suppose it’s the soft bigotry of low expectations. But you’re right that the pendulum swings and sometimes the stars line up for someone.

alliebobbitt on August 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Hey, I like Palin.

Count to 10 on August 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Me, too.

alliebobbitt on August 1, 2009 at 10:53 AM

LOL. Obama is getting an Inheritance Tax.

portlandon on August 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM

That’s the good news.

The bad news (for America), Tim Geithner is doin’ NeObama’s returns.

And I’m sure they’ll be a nice fat refund in there somewhere.

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Me three

darwin on August 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Damn! BMTI.

GMTA?

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I can certainly discount most of it.

Good girl!

It’s good to know that somethings are still around.

Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.

— General Douglas MacArthur

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Right on, Cindy. This guy is not articulate, urbane, sophistacated or fo that matter, very intelligent. He rads well. That is it. Does anyone think it’s odd that the last two democrat presidents were bastards with no strong male influences in thier lives? Do the democrats look for pupets like this to groom?

peacenprosperity on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Look for ‘em? Hell, they breed ‘em!

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 11:03 AM

causing trouble

blatantblue on August 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I bet I can cause more trouble drunk blogging sober than you can drunk. Any day, young man.

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM

GMTA?

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Of course!

darwin on August 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taking.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Yeah…taxing our cigarettes. Taxing our soft drinks.
Taxing our Big Mac’s.
Taxing our income.

But mostly taxing our patience.

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Oops.

Wrong quote.

Barack Obama. The gift that keeps on taxing.

Loxodonta on July 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Corrected.

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Of course!

darwin on August 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Cool.

soundingboard on August 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM

How do you blog drunk if you’re sober?

darwin on August 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM

How do you blog drunk if you’re sober?

darwin on August 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I’m a natural born idiot. Want to see my COLB?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM

It’s good to see that John McCain isn’t self delusional that’s refreshing coming from a member of our government…why shouldn’t he be bitter? He was playing by the rules and the opposition was using every dirty trick in the book….they still are.

It ain’t over John, like Senator Webb stated on the cover of his book “We were born fighting” Same goes for Sarah Palin we will wear the basterds down.

Dr Evil on August 1, 2009 at 1:00 PM

peacenprosperity on August 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM

We must be neighbors!!! Too exciting. Maybe we can find each other at the next tea party.

Cindy Munford on August 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM

How do you blog drunk if you’re sober?

darwin on August 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM
I’m a natural born idiot. Want to see my COLB?

Loxodonta on August 1, 2009

My dad (a noted drunk in our town) told me that when you get to “drunk”, keep drinking until you come back around to sober. Stick with it; it can take a while.

SKYFOX on August 1, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I feel horrible for Sarah. Just this morning the anonymous Alaska bloggers were reporting that Palin was getting divorced from Todd. Of course it turned out to be non-sense as her spokesperson just put out a statement. She needs to sue these anonymous people.

ousoonerfan15 on August 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM