Poll: 28% of Republicans don’t believe Obama was born in America? Update: Skeptics mostly southern

posted at 12:05 pm on July 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

On the one hand, the poll was sponsored by … Daily Kos. On the other hand, Research 2000 is a reputable pollster as far as I know and the way they posed the question wasn’t slanted.

The survey of American adults asked, “Do you believe that Barack Obama was born in the United States of America or not?” It found that 77% of Americans answer affirmatively, 11% say “no,” with the balance unsure.

Notably, that 11% closely tracks the — extremely stable — share of the electorate that thought Obama was a Muslim, bolstering the notion that there’s a certain share of the party’s base (and this may well hold for both parties) that isn’t about to let facts get in the way of negative views of a president of the opposite party…

With nearly a third of Republicans believing the theory, you can see why Republican politicians are inclined to treat it with some respect.

Party-line breakdowns: Dems 93/4/3 (the last figure is “don’t know”), Indies 83/8/9, and GOP … 42/28/30. Fully 58 percent of Republicans aren’t willing to accept a state-issued Certification of Live Birth as proof that The One was born in Honolulu? I’m skeptical, but, er, not so skeptical that I’m willing to poll this myself at HA. Sounds like a job for Scott Rasmussen. How about it, Scottster?

Update: Voinovich 1, Vitter 0.

Only 47 percent of Southern respondents believe Obama was born in the USA. By contrast, 93 percent of Northeasterns said yes, he was born here, 90 percent of Midwesterners did and 87 percent of Westerners.

Wow.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 14

Birthers are Cancer.

The Race Card on July 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM

The Race Card on July 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Don’t you mean “cancerous?”

The Race Card on July 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I have friends that are convinced he wasn’t born in America. I believe he was, but I’m with Lou Dobbs. Why not just release a “real” birth certificate? It does leave room for doubt.

Ordinary1 on July 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM

If I believe he committed fraud on his college loans/grants, what does that make me?

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Absolutely embarrassing.

terryannonline on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Even the huffington post says the answer is SIMPLE simply stop paying people to hide the documents and have them released.

400lb Gorilla on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Sorry, but Kos just has no credibility with me, and I usually hate it when people automatically dismiss information as bad polling.

But outlier polls really are so slanted as to be worthless.

Why give it credibility?

AnninCA on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

It’s more than a tad dishonest to say that those who answered this question as “unsure”, should be lumped in with those who believe.

MarkTheGreat on July 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM

We have to let this one go. We made our point, now let’s move on. We’ve got bigger fish to fry.

Laura in Maryland on July 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Good grief. We’ve got someone worse than Carter in the Whitehouse and this is the angle we’re making?

Eff a bunch of this.

Hoodlumman on July 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM

The real birth certificate has been released.

MarkTheGreat on July 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM

That’s my guess, too, which is why they’d rather have the birthers out front. It keeps the flies away from the real deal.

AnninCA on July 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I also believe he was hatched in Hawaii. However, I’m with Cashill–no way he wrote “I Hate Whitey”, errr, “Dreams From My Deadbeat Dad.”

PimFortuynsGhost on July 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM

The man was hatched.

jake-the-goose on July 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM

In any case, there’s clearly something on or about that birth certificate that The Kenyan doesn’t want us to see. Otherwise, why not just release the damn thing?

Imagine if a Republican refused to release something like this. It would’ve been the end of his/her campaign–and maybe career.

But when you’re a lightworker, the rules are different.

tsj017 on July 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Daily Kos poll…?
HotAir doing any polling?

d1carter on July 31, 2009 at 12:12 PM

hmmm… what if, it turned out that they were right??

ExTex on July 31, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

A good judge of character?

Daggett on July 31, 2009 at 12:12 PM

No doubt that him and his crony handlers have kept everything about his past under seal – but his birth certificate is NOT one of them.

Hoodlumman on July 31, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Shrewd.

mph on July 31, 2009 at 12:12 PM

If we had a real Press they would have done this research instead of sending an army to Wasilla

they are the ones who really stand to loose in this.

400lb Gorilla on July 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM

No. I meant they are Cancer — malignant, malformed-clusters resulting in death unless excised before spreading to one’s most vital organs. The treatment may leave the party looking gaunt, spent and on life support.

The Race Card on July 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM

The real birth certificate has been released.

No it hasn’t.

Are you that dumb, or do you think others are that dumb?

tsj017 on July 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM

My guess why the REAL full Birth Certificate has never been released is because it has religious affiliation on it.

I don’t live nor have lived in Hawaii so I have no clue but thats my best guess. It also nice for them to keep it secret because they can paint a broad stroke and label the entire Republican party as wackos. Judging by this poll, it seems like they will be doing a good job at that.

Expect to hear the 58% number a whole lot from now on….

build319 on July 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Republicans are mouth breathing stupid Palin lovers that believe in the spaghetti monster & guns to solve problems.

Just thought I’d save the trolls some time.

portlandon on July 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

On the one hand, the poll was sponsored by … Daily Kos.

Well, since some birthers dismiss the COLB as fraudulent because the Daily Kos posted it, they should similarly dismiss this poll, right?

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Ordinary1 on July 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Because he probably does have something to hide.

I don’t find it impossible to believe. After all, didn’t something like 38% of Democrats believe Bush was responsible for 9/11? I realize that didn’t get half the attention these Birthers are, but it’s obvious why.

Esthier on July 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

The Race Card on July 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I agree. I truly hope this is only in the fringes.

terryannonline on July 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

posted at 12:05 pm on July 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

Like I said, I am a Birther Agnostic (don’t care either way), but it is interesting to note that once again, AP is on the opposite side of the majority of Republicans.

Norwegian on July 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

“A missile hit the pentagon” or “steel doesn’t melt” is cancerous. Birthers are just the extreme version of not buying into Obama’s media created persona. I don’t think he is a Muslim but I don’t think he is a Christian either. I think he was probably born in Hawaii but wonder why the detailed birth certificate isn’t released, or his grades, or his theses. No one ever investigated this guy and it’s becoming more evident that he is a product of the corrupt Chicago race machine.

Haunches on July 31, 2009 at 12:15 PM

I believe that he was born in Hawaii.

But I can also understand why some wouldn’t. Obama has lied so much up to this point, it would be hard to trust him.

Besides, Conservatives should be able to point out and make a persuasive case against his Liberal policies that the location of birth shouldn’t be making any difference.

PappaMac on July 31, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Before anyone says another word about this subject they need to read – in its entirey, including the updates at the end – the material found here:

Any respect I had for either AP or Ed will die on the vine if they fail to check out the “facts”.

Of particular interest is the changes in policy and nomenclature in the Hawaii records dept since June 10th – the day when the judge in Kerchner v Obama gave extended time to the defense because he said they would need good legal representation.

Read it and get back to me.

justincase on July 31, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Just thought I’d save the trolls some time.

portlandon on July 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

You forgot racist.

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2009 at 12:16 PM

what % of Americans believe obama should release all his private personal data?

75%

reliapundit on July 31, 2009 at 12:16 PM

How about a poll asking voters if all presidential candidates should release all records in order for the public to make informed decisions?

Nah…. it’s better to obfuscate for political purposes.

Cody1991 on July 31, 2009 at 12:16 PM

The stunning part about this is that only 28% of republicans have actually researched the issue..

MaximusConfessor on July 31, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Geez, just about anything out of his mouth is a lie, as more and more people are beginning to realize.

Saul Alinsky’s rule #5 – “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

He can easily avoid this by releasing the certified birth certificate, but won’t. Instead of ridiculing people for asking, people should just ask why he won’t release it.

Personally, I would love for him not to be born here as it would mean a new election.

moonsbreath on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Absolutely embarrassing.

Yes. Until this whole ‘birther’ thing the Libtards really respected Republicans. Now we’ve lost all credibility with the Left…we blew it! ‘-(

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Of course he wasn’t born here. He was born in Bethlehem.

Pasalubong on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Good point. I guess there’s always a steady percentage of people who are fringe, on whatever issue.

AnninCA on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Focus on his illegal donations please. Don’t forget that.

promachus on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I have no doubt that he was born in Hawaii, but I find it odd that Obama chooses to feed these suspicions rather than quash them. Oh, I suppose it could be a ploy to make his opponents look foolish…but wouldn’t having almost 1/3 of the country doubting his legitimacy be worse in his eyes?

Politics in the age of Obama are truly surreal.

ElectricPhase on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

build319 on July 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM

We already have the Indonesian school record saying his religious affiliation was Muslim. This whole refusal to show a valid birth certificate has surfaced since then so the BC would give no new information at all if it was just the religion thing.

justincase on July 31, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Maybe he’s just 95% born in the US, like his non-smoking?

rw on July 31, 2009 at 12:18 PM

See this?

Guardian on July 31, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Where’s the conjugate poll?

How many Democrats thought that A) Bush LIED!!11!!! and, more telling b) 9/11 was an Inside Job.

People are willing to believe bad things about their enemies, its simple human nature.

Techie on July 31, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I think Hugh Hewitt described it perfectly on his show this week. He said believing in this crap is like having bad breathe. It offend others in public and makes people stay away from you.

terryannonline on July 31, 2009 at 12:19 PM

28% now = ‘nearly 1/3′… sure wouldn’t want to say ‘slightly more than 1/4′ now would we?

gatorboy on July 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM

LOL. AP’s afraid of a hotair poll? Seems like it’s Obama and the Dems who r afraid to release the orig. long-form b/c.

I wish Obama would release his long form b/c just to embarrass us birthers and send us back to our caves. Double dare him!
He’s such a pu**y.

JiangxiDad on July 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Well Pre-Election, the Obama campaign really tried to keep it under wraps. Now post election, it doesn’t matter. It just labels an entire party as the lunatic fringe.

build319 on July 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM

AnninCA on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

good that ur finally coming to grips with your problem. best of luck with it.

JiangxiDad on July 31, 2009 at 12:21 PM

MaximusConfessor on July 31, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Yes, but well more than 28% of conservatives have.

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2009 at 12:21 PM

promachus on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

It all goes together. One of the areas that Taitz is requesting an investigation on is the existence of a couple dozen social security numbers associated with some version of the name Barack H Obama/Soetoro/Sutoro. Any of them which give a birthdate list Obama’s birthdate.

These social security numbers were used to “employ” the person so money is involved. However, Obama never reported these earnings.

When these SS#’s were found on databases and Orly Taitz’ blog was engaged in mutual research to get to the bottom of it, databases were scrubbed. Screenshots were kept to prove that.

I have no idea what’s going on with that, but I’ve seen enough to know that something is very, very rotten – and that the FEC is NOT going to do squat about it.

justincase on July 31, 2009 at 12:23 PM

These numbers are only this high because Obama is so freaking evasive about everything.

He can’t give a straight answer or lies outright.

This isn’t a birth certficiate/citizenship issue. It’s a character flaw.

simon on July 31, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I believe he is a fabrication and a man with something very damaging to hide. If you think what has been “officially released” is a birth certificate or proof that he is a natural born citizen then you’re an idiot or just someone who has done very little research into this issue.

Or he was just cast down like lightning from heaven which is more likely the case…

enoughalready on July 31, 2009 at 12:23 PM

ElectricPhase on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Ha! Caught myself–wishful thinking. Closer to 1/8.

ElectricPhase on July 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Come on, AP. What are you afraid of?

txsurveyor on July 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM

There ya go Conservatives – attack your own and then the Democrats have less of a task. As I’ve said before, I can totally accept those who believe the COLB is all the proof they need. Now why the hell can’t the rest of you accept that there is some doubt and others feel that the COLB (which was also issued to a Chinese Emperor) isn’t enough. Why on earth is BHO spending so much money to hide a long form b/c with a doctor’s signature, location of birth, witness signature and a hospital listed?

katablog.com on July 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Trust but Verify”

Iblis on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Hmmmm, lets see:

He lied about his association with Ayers
He lied about his association with his church
He lied about the economy
He lied about the stimulus bill
He lied about job “growth”
He lied about how he met his wife
He lied about how we’ll pay for health care reform
He lied about ____________________ (fill in the blank)

So now we are to believe he is totally truthful about his citizenship? What’s he hiding? Just release the damn thing!

jbh45 on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I agree with the poster who pointed to the college years. I’m convinced it had to do with something in those records.

It’s not about his birthplace at all.

AnninCA on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Ha. Now that’s funny.

Spirit of 1776 on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I don’t give a rats a$$ where he was born, I just wish he’d go away.

Knucklehead on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Cody1991 on July 31, 2009 at 12:16 PM

moonsbreath on July 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Do you people realize you sound like Sullivan?

Those are his exact lines about Palin and whether or not Trig is really hers. If she had nothing to hide, why didn’t she release her medical records in full?

Esthier on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

A loner.

jmarcure on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

One does not have to be born in a hospital to get a Certificate of Birth in Hawaii or other states.

How many children are born at home and have birth certificates?

One can file an application for a Certificate of Live Birth – no matter where they are born.
Was this the case with Obama? If so, who filed the application?

(I am leaning toward the conspiracy theory that Barack, Sr. is not the real father… This would explode the myth portrayed in Obama`s autobiographical books of his African heritage.)

albill on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Many of us subscribe to the theory because BHO’s actions are so anti-American. It is just unbelievable that a man born on US soil would hate this country so much that he wants to tear it apart and rebuild it.

farright on July 31, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Obama brought this all on himself by being so secretive and locking his BC away, and refusing to release any documentaion pertaining to him.

How can you blame people for being suspicious?

darwin on July 31, 2009 at 12:26 PM

MSM focuses in on Birthers, so they must be silenced. Since we are going to allow the MSM to dictate to Republican’s what is good or bad for Republicans, then let’s go all the way.

MSM focuses in on Palin, so she must discredited.

MSM say’s economy is recovering, so you must go out and spend money.

MSM say’s earth is warming, so you must accept cap and trade taxes and pare down your standard of living.

MSM say’s government healthcare is the way to go, so draw a number and stand in line and be sure to pack a lunch.

MSM say’s if you are pro life that you’re a uneducated hick, so go get a education at Cambridge.

MSM say’s if you own a gun that you are a potential murderer, so turn it in for scrap metal.

Or, you can decide what to think on your own. I know, it’s a crazy thought….

Hog Wild on July 31, 2009 at 12:26 PM

How many of us are not investing a shred of emotional energy in this issue (aka ambivalent) This criminal is doing wretched things to our nation RIGHT BEFORE OUR FREAKING FACES and we are still messing with these trifles? SERIOUSLY?!??!!??!

It isn’t that this wouldn’t be a huge thing if true…but the thing is, these jerks hit the pavement RUNNING and we have NO TIME to waste on this nor credibility to spare.

Mommypundit on July 31, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

a loaner?

theguardianii on July 31, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Well it’s certainly nice that Mitt Hewitt is such a tireless and fierce Obama defender. Maybe now that he is out in the open as a raging leftard..maybe he can finally get that format change he has been requesting for the past several years.

MaximusConfessor on July 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Sloppy language alert!

Nobody ought to claim that President Obama was born in America.

The claim is that he was born in the State of Hawaii. This claim is supported by the State Certificate of Live Birth and the statements of several State and hospital officials.

Hawaii rests on the Mid-Pacific ridge, well away from America.

Hawaii is a State of the United States.

Therefore the pertinent fact is that Obama is a natural born citizen of the United States, from the State of Hawaii.

Scribbler on July 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Poll: 28% of Republicans don’t believe Obama was born in America?

Why is this a surprise? Obama wants them to think this because it helps his (and the Democrat’s) agenda.

LastRick on July 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Was this the case with Obama? If so, who filed the application?

Yeah, his very young mother concocted a plan to lie where he was born because what???

Get a life.

terryannonline on July 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I think that headline is incorrect. I would fall intothe “I don’t KNOW” category. If you asked me for a free-form response, I would say it is overwhelmingly likely that he was born in the US. But what little I have bothered following the issue, it does seem like it would be trivial to provide the documentation that the fanatics have been asking for. The fact that it hasn’t happened does leave a small question in my mind. If someone was being prosecuted with this sort of evidence, existing Public Document not presented but document asserting that the other document existed and says such and such is, would that be cause for reasonable doubt?

On a 1-10 scale with 10 being certain. I might say I was a 9. But yes-No-Don’tKnow, I might say don’t know.

But even 11% saying No seems surprisingly large.

OBQuiet on July 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Norwegian on July 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Allowing Allah to destroy his own credibility among conservatives all by himself.

Heart-Ache

portlandon on July 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I’m not surprised.

Terry Silver on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Here is a post I posted yesterday. Both “birther” threads were allowed to expire so they’re only in the archives now, but right before they did new information came out which is vital to anyone arguing that Fukino’s statements mean anything.
>>>>>>

I don’t want these posts to get lost when that thread isn’t put on the Best Picks side. More info regarding why Fukino’s statement means nothing can be found at this and the following posts:

justincase on July 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM

justincase on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM

This isn’t a birth certficiate/citizenship issue. It’s a character flaw.

simon on July 31, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Well said. Andy McCarthy takes a scalpel to the discussion:

Suborned in the U.S.A.
The birth-certificate controversy is about Obama’s honesty, not where he was born.

By Andrew C. McCarthy

A must read.

Cody1991 on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM

That assumes that they’re familiar with the issue and the documents involved. Probably not. “I don’t know” can mean just that. Then there are those who may well believe that Teh Won is Hawaiian born but aren’t going to say that or anything else that would reflect favorably on Him.

Pablo on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM

terryannonline on July 31, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Hopefully the people that stay away are Libtards…oh, and RINOs.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM

If we are lunatic, it would be simple to prove. If you knew how easy it was to get a certificate of live birth or even be issued a birth certificate in Hawaii at that time, you might not want to bet your house on the outcome of this. I saw the plane hit the tower. I have not seen the original birth certificate. Hawaii will not release it unless Obama says so. They say we do not have sufficient interest. Obama has spent more than most people make in a lifetime to keep this secret. Why?

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Word

Spirit of 1776 on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Sorry, even though I don’t buy the theory I am embracing the Bill Maher idea that it will turn up something else. DailyKos? Please.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Arab!
Kenyan!
Indonesian!
Muslim!

blatantblue on July 31, 2009 at 12:29 PM

On one hand, I tend to think that the cover up would be too large and too hard to maintain, if he was not born in the USA.

On the other hand, I can’t square that with the fact that he spent over $1 million in legal fees fighting off the lawsuits during the election regarding his citizenship. Why spend over a million bucks when you can just show your BC?

BPD on July 31, 2009 at 12:29 PM

katablog.com on July 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Is this what you said when Sully was saying Trig isn’t Palin’s?

Esthier on July 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Someone who thinks critically and I’m in your camp.

thomasaur on July 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Based on the available evidence, I would have to conclude he is an American citizen.

Based on the obvious endeavor to hide his past, whether it be long form birt certificate, college records, writings as president of the Harvard Law review, the real author of his books, etc., I would have to conclude there is something about his past he really doesn’t want us to know.

Does that make me an embarassing birther and a cancer on the party?

So be it.

Thune on July 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM

He can’t give a straight answer or lies outright.

This isn’t a birth certificate/citizenship issue. It’s a character flaw.

simon on July 31, 2009 at 12:23 PM

That’s exactly my take on this distraction. And that’s all it is – probably fueled by some nefarious thug on the white house staff.

Besides, wouldn’t Hillary have tried to move mountains to prove him ineligible?

tru2tx on July 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Do you people realize you sound like Sullivan?

Esthier on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Whoever Sullivan is. Sorry, I’m not too PC on who I should be sounding like.

You’re the one stretching the imagination to even bring Palin into this conversation. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

moonsbreath on July 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM

For about the zillionth time, I’m willing to accept a COLB as proof of US birth (though I’d prefer the long form).

What I’m not willing to accept is a low-res JPEG of a COLB on Factcheck.org, DailyKos and the Obama website.

Is it really so difficult to see the distinction?

Let’s let someone in a position of authority, along with a document expert, examine the Hawaii-issued hard copy.

For the record, I think he was born in Hawaii. I just want more solid proof than photos on a website.

Missy on July 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM

My opinion on the matter has oscillated between no and don’t know. I just don’t think we’ll ever find out for sure, at least before Obama continues the ruin of these states of America.

The Dean on July 31, 2009 at 12:31 PM

This sounds like a similar number that believe he’s a muslim–I wonder what the overlap is. Geographically it fits, that meme was most common in the South too.

jonknee on July 31, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Do you people realize you sound like Sullivan?

Esthier on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

If she spent over $1 million in legal fees fighting Sullivan in court instead of just getting a cheap DNA test, then yes, I would question her.

BPD on July 31, 2009 at 12:32 PM

a loaner?

theguardianii on July 31, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Heh.

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Come on, AP. What are you afraid of?

txsurveyor on July 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Probably of birthers decrying Allah of “stacking the poll”.

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2009 at 12:34 PM

albill on July 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM

We know Obama is black. Any father he had was black.

As to which black father it was, we already know that Obama’s story about his life is inaccurate. For instance, college records released because of FOIA show that Ann was in Seattle, WA taking classes in September of 1961 – about a month after Obama was born. And an interview with a high school friend actually puts her and the baby there at the end of August – just weeks after the birth. Obama Sr was taking classes in Hawaii at the time , according to college records.

But Obama’s book says they were only separated when Obama Sr went to Harvard and couldn’t afford to take his family along.

So his credibility and his story are both totally shot already, according to the evidence.

justincase on July 31, 2009 at 12:34 PM