Obama stumped by dumb Americans opposing ObamaCare

posted at 2:17 pm on July 31, 2009 by Karl

President Obama suggests the bitter clingers in middle America are so dense that even the greatest orator in world history cannot educate them:

“I don’t spend a lot of time looking at my polls. I do look at the polling on health care, partly because I think that there is a terrific case to be made to the American public. But it is — this is complicated, it’s difficult,” the president said. “And I will say that this has been the most difficult test for me so far in public life, trying to describe in clear, simple terms how important it is that we reform this system. The case is so clear to me.”

The establishment media has already started blaming the American people, so it is not a shock that The Politico is now pushing this line from Capitol Hill:

Olympia Snowe, it seems safe to assume, is following the health care debate a bit more closely than the average American.

So it is saying something that the Maine senator — a key figure in health care negotiations — admits she is stumped by the task of crafting a simple explanation for legislation of mind-numbing complexity.

“If anybody can give me an easy, 30-second solution to this multitrillion-dollar problem, be my guest,” said Snowe, a moderate Republican.

A Democratic lawmaker, Rep. Collin Peterson of Minnesota, agrees. “The members don’t even understand what’s in it,” he confessed of the legislation. As for his constituents? They are “not exactly sure what this is about, and they’re not really sure whether they like it or not.”

Of course, it is hard for members of Congress to understand a bill they will not read. And it would be nice if Pres. Obama bothered to read it.

Complexity is an inherent problem with attempting comprehensive reform, so it is difficult to muster much sympathy for the politicians whining about it now. It is much easier to be glad that Pres. Obama has not tried the incremental approach, which is more difficult to fight.

Moreover, Pres. Obama’s rhetoric is part of his problem. For example, he complains about doctors and hospitals performing unnecessary medical tests, while claiming that we can save substantial money by promoting preventive care and refusing to tag his trial lawyer pals as part of the problem of defensive medicine. On a larger scale, Pres. Obama tries to assure everyone that he is not proposing a European or Japanese-style healthcare system, even as he claims that these countries do a better job than the US. And he is selling healthcare reform as a cost-containment measure when unbiased estimates show the opposite — not to mention that states like Tennessee, Maine and Massachusetts have all failed with similar schemes.

In short, it is no wonder Pres. Obama is having trouble selling his healthcare reforms. Not only is it a complex issue, but Pres. Obama insists on talking out of both sides of his mouth about the issue. It is not surprising that voters suspect this is because they would not want what is being sold if he was being honest.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He was also “fascinated with the fascination” with the Gates suds summit.

Obama doesn’t understand America, or Americans, beyond a very limited world view.

JiangxiDad on July 31, 2009 at 2:20 PM

“I don’t spend a lot of time looking at my polls.

Certainly no more time than the queen in Snow White spent looking in the mirror.

Vashta.Nerada on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM

my hatred…..it grows…

Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM

The One is Acting . . . Stupidly.

EconomicNeocon on July 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM

So the argument will be “Don’t worry your pretty little heads,” or “Just rely on what your betters think is best for you.”

Is David Leisure, the actor who played Joe Isuzu, still around? I can imagine the attack ads on Obamacare with him. “Trust me.” (smirks)

Wethal on July 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Mr. President and Congress, Please allow me to express in clear and simple terms the feelings of the majority of Americans. We do not want government health care in ANY form.

Please fix Medicare, Medicaid, and any Veteran’s health care problems…and then have your people call my people.

MaggieMae on July 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM

30 Second answer:

“From now on when you get sick instead of calling your doctor and making an appointment, you will instead call the Ministry of Health and Wellness. After being on hold for 45 minutes you will be assigned a case worker. 4 weeks later the case worker will send you a letter stating which pill (blue or red) you have been authorized to take. That is ObamaCare”.

angryed on July 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM

my hatred…..it grows…

Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Channel your hate into action…

izoneguy on July 31, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Maybe the real problem is that the dumb proles do understand his take on healthcare reform, and they’re running from it.

Cicero43 on July 31, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Obama insists on talking out of both sides of his mouth about the issue.

i think he’s been talking out of his arse on this issue and many others.

SHARPTOOTH on July 31, 2009 at 2:26 PM

My johnson is following the healthcare ‘debate’ more closely than the average American….displays more signs of sentient life too.

Debate? What debate? Other than “Don’t think about it, read it, look at it, or smell it….just eat it! It’s not a crap sandwich, it’s a fecal footlong!”

LimeyGeek on July 31, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Sure they’re stumped because they don’t understand the benefits to society. To wit:

Yes, older folks may have to suffer in order to provide heath care for the poor. Is the homosexual community also willing to suffer? The AIDS epidemic is, after all, the most expensive preventable health issue in the history of humanity. Old people are willing to forgo treatment that might prolong their lives; are AIDS sufferers, the vast majority of whom are responsible for their own illness, likewise willing to accept without treatment a certain death?

Other undesirable groups that the government chooses can be made to suffer!!! Mein Furher!!! [smacks arm down to stop Nazi salute]

In addition, illegal immigrants should be denied medical treatment to save money. Same for drug addicts and tobacco users who are responsible for their own troubles… we could save quite a bit of money by the time we are done. The babies of welfare recipients can be aborted (mandatory) to avoid the production of more useless eaters. I think we can put together a comprehensive “health care” plan for Obama to approve.

Andy in Agoura Hills on July 31, 2009 at 2:27 PM

my hatred…..it grows…

Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Let it turn brother, let it turn….

LimeyGeek on July 31, 2009 at 2:27 PM

“trying to describe in clear, simple terms how important it is that we reform this system. The case is so clear to me.”

It can’t be explained in any terms, because it is indefensible any way you look at it. Whether it’s the cost, the rationing, the euthanasia (that word isn’t actually used, but it’s implied), loss of personal choice and freedoms or any of the other socialist nonsense that’s in the bill. The Presidents problem isn’t that “We the People in Middle America” are dumb, it’s that we’re smarter than he wants us to be.

Tommy_G on July 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Americans who want European socialist benefits, why don’t they just move to Europe? Or Canada?

Europeans and Canadians who want out of that system have been coming here for decades, why is the reverse never true, instead they try to impose it on people who clearly do not want it.

Just like blacks, they claim America will always be a “racist” nation and they want to punish whites for an endless list of grievances, why don’t they just move to Africa?

I guess I’m just too dumb to understand these things.

Rebar on July 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Perhaps, if the senators would stop calling the police on the concerned citizens coming to their offices to talk about ObamAssurance/ObamaCare, they might be able to explain all of the complexities.

myrenovations on July 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM

The One is Acting . . . Stupidly.

EconomicNeocon on July 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM

That ain’t no act.

Andy in Agoura Hills on July 31, 2009 at 2:29 PM

The appropriate soundbite for Obamacare is a “Salmonella Enema.”
While the enema will clean you out temporarily. The ensuing Salmonella infection will kill you.

chemman on July 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM

If only our superiors could find a way to simplify their genius so that we poor cretinous souls could appreciate them.

DC is one giant special-ed creche.

LimeyGeek on July 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Help me Barack!

I’m too stupid to run my own life!

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM

read my lips IDIOT: WE DON’T WANT SOCIALISM

SDarchitect on July 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM

He is only stumped why the American people are not rolling over to his every whim. Message to Barry, there are more around the country reading the bill, then there are in D.C. not reading the bill.

ICBM on July 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM

“If anybody can give me an easy, 30-second solution to this multitrillion-dollar problem, be my guest,” said Snowe, a moderate squishy Republican.

I think this is under 30 seconds:

The healthcare system is incredibly complex, more complex than any group of people, let alone a single person, could manage. Therefore, the best way to manage the healtcare system is to create system that maximizes your health care choices and minimizes costs to health care providers so you can manage your health care. This system shall be achieved through equal tax treatment for all health care consumers, less federal regulation of health care providers, and tort reform.

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM

myrenovations on July 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Dontcha kinda wish those oldsters had been packing heat?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM

my hatred…..it grows…

Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Channel your hate into action…

izoneguy on July 31, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I sense great fear in you, Ghoul. You have hate. You have anger. But you don’t use them.

CMonster on July 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Owie! You made my head hurt.

What about the pony part?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Rebar on July 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM

They’d soon find that the steady stream of handouts, sympathies and panderers would run pretty Fing dry.

They know they’ve got it made here. An endless supply of moronic whites they can whine at. Losers.

LimeyGeek on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

The simple fact that the President and the Congress can’t wrap their big brains around is this…Medicare, Medicaid, The VA and BIA health care systems do not work so why would the people trust the government to run any other health care program. Even without the cost issues the government needs to be able to show they can run some small form of health care properly before they get to run my health care

JKotthoff on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

OK….here it is:

Let the American people keep their own money and purchase health insurance from private companies competing for our dollars. Keep medicare and bolster it so it is not perpetually under threat of bankruptcy.

Oh wait, this probably doesn’t give government total control over our lives, so scrap that idea.

Goodeye_Closed on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

my hatred…..it grows…
Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Channel your hate into action…
izoneguy on July 31, 2009

I understand your feelings, Goul aid, but hatred truly is an acid that destroys the vessel. Release the hate but use the anger, like izoneguy said, to spur you to action. I’m guessing you had planned on doing that anyway. There are more of us every day.

SKYFOX on July 31, 2009 at 2:33 PM

JKotthoff on July 31, 2009

Guess what….they get to whether you want it or not. It’ll be a done deal shortly.

Goodeye_Closed on July 31, 2009 at 2:34 PM

What about the pony part?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Only if you have a pony that eats too much hay that you can trade-in for a pony that will eat less hay.

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:34 PM

my hatred…..it grows…
Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Hate is not a family value.

And what if the Pentagon had to have a bake sale?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:35 PM

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Can I have a Kenyan pony?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:36 PM

warbaby on July 31, 2009

The only problem is you wouldn’t know if they were being snarky or dead serious.

SKYFOX on July 31, 2009 at 2:36 PM

“If anybody can give me an easy, 30-second solution to this multitrillion-dollar problem, be my guest,” said Snowe, a moderate Republican liberal RINO.

5 word solution: Leave it the hell alone!

farright on July 31, 2009 at 2:37 PM

JKotthoff on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

They have never been in these systems, so don’t know. They hear from constituents with problems, but assume they are isolated incidents.

Of course, that Congress wants to exempt itself from Obamacare gives you a hint that it does know how bad government-run health care can be.

Wethal on July 31, 2009 at 2:37 PM

MaggieMae on July 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Best way of saying that.

Chainsaw56 on July 31, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Pres. Obama insists on talking out of both sides of his mouth about the issue.

from his @ss

maverick muse on July 31, 2009 at 2:38 PM

We need to remake the entire health care system into a medicare/caid scheme because the medicare/caid scheme is going broke.

Yep, I just too stoopid to figer ote the complikated plan frum te smarterest peeple in the wurld.

jukin on July 31, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Can I have a Kenyan pony?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Holy canollee you can!

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Get government out of health care entirely? I know that didn’t take 30 seconds, so let me expand: Let insurance companies compete across state lines and stop using Medicare and Medicaid to artificially set prices. Tax employer-provided insurance and then give taxpayers a refundable tax credit to purchase their own insurance.

Kafir on July 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I am so glad our President is the smartest man ever. Ever.

He will figure it all out for us.

Everything will be sooooomuch better when He is done re-making America.

Well, except if you’re white

Or you pay taxes

Or consume healthcare

Or consume energy

But he’s really, really smart

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Let’s play count the lies!!

“I don’t spend a lot of time looking at my polls.

Lie #1. He’s desperate to be seen as the Great One, and these polls are really sticking in his craw.

Lie #2. Sure, he looks at the polling on health care, but it’s to see how he can sell us a bag o’ crap, not to “make a terriffic case.”

But it is — this is complicated, it’s difficult,”

Truth buried in an insult. We can’t possibly understand it. Only those who can’t find the time to read said bag o’ crap can understand it. Only I understand it just fine, Giggles. Thanks.

I’ll give Giggles this – trying to sell the American public, all 300 million of them, a bag o’ crap must be hard work.

trying to describe in clear, simple terms

Lie #3. It’s been anything but clear and simple for Giggles. He deliberatley obscures every time he opens his mouth.

how important it is that we reform this system. The case is so clear to me.”

Yeah, it’s important to “reform” the system in order to get more people sucking off of the government and have the government sucking away our rights.

Three lies and three somewhat-truths. Giggles is either getting cocky or getting stupider.

crazy_legs on July 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Here’s my easy-peasy 30-second solution:

Stay the eff out of it!

NoLeftTurn on July 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM

i’ll take my hatred over the millions of morons in this country that sit with their mouths open anxiously waiting for the next pile of sh-t that comes out of obama’s a-hole. had it been me that was the officer that arrested that pansy gates, i would have taken that opportunity to tell him, obama, and the entire world to kiss my white ass, not sit there like a b-tch and drink beer with them. but hey, that’s me.

Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Who else caught the House Republican C-SPAN Health Bill Proposals last night?

maverick muse on July 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM

This is simply, a power grab. How’s that, Obama? Some of us, aren’t as stupid as you’d like us to be.

Not to mention….if this idea, of government running health care, when they’ve already bungled the $4500 cash back program for cars were so great…I’d imagine every member of Congress, yourself, your family, AND unions would be falling all over themselves to join up on this.

Notice how Unions aren’t pushing how great this health care plan will be? They seem awfully quiet lately. Hmmmm.

Now Obama….I don’t need two thugs from Chicago to tell me what to say, how to act, and to tell me when to keep my yap shut, and you do! Who’s the real stupid one here?

capejasmine on July 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Obama stumped by dumb Americans opposing ObamaCare

Isn’t this narcissist stumped by anything we oppose with his name on it?

MaggieMae on July 31, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Holy canollee you can!

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Pretty snappy googling, Jeff. Or what that Bing?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hey Karl,
Thanks for the posts and the links. You’re becoming a regular on this side because you are right!

Christian Conservative on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Back when his first email on this issue popped up in my inbox, I replied back and tried to explain to Barry in very simple terms my response: Stay out of my health care.

I’m also mystified why something so simple just doesn’t compute.

evergreen on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I love the war Howard Dean says Americans love Medicare be it is proof of how great a governmental system is. With a little make-up he would be a great villian in the next Dark Knight movie.

Jed_Eckert on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

my hatred…..it grows…

Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM

seek help.

sesquipedalian on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Hand puppets, Barack, use hand puppets.

And, for the very few of us who can sorta read, pop-up picture books.

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Do not imagine, Karl, that leadership is a pleasure. On the contrary, it is a deep and heavy responsibility. No one believes more firmly than President Barack Obama that the American people are intelligent. He would be only too happy to just let them make decisions for themselves, but sometimes they might make the wrong decisions, Karl, and then where would we be?

Cheshire Cat on July 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Jed_Eckert on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Ple tr t fin the wor yu int to type into yo posts

LimeyGeek on July 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Barack Hussein Obama

Ceasar ShamUSA Baboink

I can’t believe rearraning his name actually says that…

CMonster on July 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Yeah, duh Won has been workin’ real hard to explain how clear and simple it all is – without the bother of, y’know, examples and numbers and other sciency-type things like that. He’s so sure, it MUST be true!

What a twit.

mojo on July 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Soooo, I don’t spend a lot of time looking at polls, except when I’m looking at polls. Geesh, maybe Summers Googled it for him.

I’ve bene assuming that you’re hanging on my every word and anything I’ve said in the past doesn’t count…so I don’t understand what your problem is when I contradict myself and don’t know any details. Have I told you how important it is?

NickelAndDime on July 31, 2009 at 2:45 PM

can’t believe rearraning his name actually says that…

CMonster on July 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM

You have too much time on your hands.

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Hey Karl,

Christian Conservative on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

+100
Karl’s threads are very good. Any chance he can be posting on HotAir full time?

Norwegian on July 31, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Pretty snappy googling, Jeff. Or what that Bing?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Still googling. I like to support hypocritical organizations that want to impose green solutions and support statists yet move their servers out to international waters to generate energy as they see fit and avoid taxes.

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM

“…but make no mistake. I have nothing but the utmost respect for these toothless, ignorant hicks, and will continue to do what I know to be best for them in spite of their pointless, cattle-like bleating. It’s like bowling with a retard, but I assure you that I will stay the course, and uphold the oath I took to protect you from your own stupidity, you gun-stroking Jesus-likers. Thank you. Now fuck off.”

mikefln on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Jeez, I need to do a better job of editing

War = way
Be = and

Jed_Eckert on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM

seek help.

sesquipedalian on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Cuba needs good comrades like you!

capejasmine on July 31, 2009 at 2:47 PM

how could he understand America or Americans,
he’s not one really, and hasnt spent that much time
in America, nor asssociated with many real Americans.

VTWaldrup on July 31, 2009 at 2:47 PM

What about the pony part?

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

You can’t have a pony because its exhaust would be in direct competition with Government Healthcare.

warbaby on July 31, 2009 at 2:47 PM

mikefln on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM

+100

NickelAndDime on July 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

“I don’t spend a lot of time looking at my polls.”

“Because my navel is so much more interesting.”

“I do look at the polling on health care, partly because I think that there is a terrific case to be made to the American public.”

“partly”, huh? What’s the other part? Doh! And what does “there [being] a terrific case to be made” have to do with the polling? Making that case would drive polling, not vice versa. Stupidity, they title is The Precedent.

“But it is — this is complicated, it’s difficult,” the president said. “And I will say that this has been the most difficult test for me so far in public life, trying to describe in clear, simple terms how important it is that we reform this system. The case is so clear to me.”

If it were so clear to you, then it would be easy to explain in simple terms. Man, The Precedent is just so incredibly stupid. It does boggle the mind … though not as much as those who thought the moron had even half a brain.

progressoverpeace on July 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

LimeyGeek: iPhone + fat fingers, sorry

Jed_Eckert on July 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM

They better not try anchoring those things off Martha’s Vineyard.

Or Malibu.

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

seek help.

sesquipedalian on July 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM

where should i seek help first troll? kos? the huffington post???

Ghoul aid on July 31, 2009 at 2:49 PM

mikefln on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM

On Drudge…”Hicks invited for Schlitz at White House”

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:49 PM

“I don’t spend a lot of time looking at my polls.”

..my ass you don’t!

VoyskaPVO on July 31, 2009 at 2:50 PM

mikefln on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM
+100

NickelAndDime on July 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I concur.

Except you left out the racist part.

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:50 PM

War = way

Jed_Eckert on July 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM

NO WAY? YES WAY!

LimeyGeek on July 31, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on July 31, 2009 at 2:27 PM

You know this is coming. 17th century satire becomes 21st century cure-all.

tessa on July 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM

After watching the space shuttle land this morning, I think this is a simple analogy. The space shuttle flies into space and comes back because the people who designed it are experts. If given the time, I’m sure they could make anyone understand the basics of how that happens.

The people who are designing the health care bill, as well as Obama, are politicians not medical professionals. They are simply throwing crap together and have no idea if it will fly. That’s why they can’t tell us how it works.

behiker on July 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Funny, sesquipedophile thinks that Bush assassination jokes are funny, but people expressing “anger” about Ogabe need to seek help.

Typical brain-dead leftist sheep.

PimFortuynsGhost on July 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Did “O” Dumbo let Madoff join his team while in prison as the money scam czar???????

This sounds like the same scam he ran!!!!

It’s called a ponzi scam!!!!

Rick007 on July 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM

…Medicare, Medicaid, The VA and BIA health care systems do not work so why would the people trust the government to run any other health care program. …
JKotthoff on July 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Big Government needs to show us how well they can fix what they are doing for the old, the poor, the soldiers and the Indians first. And if Big Government won’t do anything to curb the immoral,obscenely profitable, bottom-feeding Big Tort, they are doomed to fail.

It’s Obama that’s stupid, not us.

marybel on July 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Me: “So, how many miles are that car?”

Salesman: “I’m not familiar with that, but it’s a great car”.

Me: “Are there any factory or safety recalls on that car?”

Salesman” “I’m not familiar with that, but it’s a great car”

US citizens: “It appears that the healthcare bill over time will require everyone to join the public plan, which conflicts with your claim that no one will be forced to give up their plan and join the public plan”

Obama: “I’m not familiar with that provision….but it’s a great bill.”

BobMbx on July 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM

The public has told the politicians NO as loudly as they can short of force, and yet they ignore us…

JIMV on July 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Andy in

Agoura Hills on July 31, 2009 at 2:27 PM

You know this is coming. 17th century satire becomes 21st century cure-all.

tessa on July 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I’ve always loved Swift’s “modest proposal”. But I always ound that when I told people about it, they never thought it was funny.

Maybe my delivery was off.

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Hmmm

After scamming over 50 billion and the feds were still picking their asses too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick007 on July 31, 2009 at 2:53 PM

I can give them all a one sentence answer to health care:

GET THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY LIFE!

SouthernGent on July 31, 2009 at 2:54 PM

They better not try anchoring those things off Martha’s Vineyard.

Or Malibu.

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Had the thought of buying property next to Teddy’s and cranking up the stereo with the loud sounds of windmills chopping the wind.

WashJeff on July 31, 2009 at 2:55 PM

The case is so clear to me.

Yeah, and we’re opposing it because your intent is so clear to us.

James on July 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Typical brain-dead leftist sheep.

PimFortuynsGhost on July 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I simply do not understand trolls.

I can’t imagine signing into Kos or HuffPo just to snark at people.

The only thing I can imagine is that they feel like it somehow makes them significant, when even their own cat thinks they’re a colorless putz.

guntotinglibertarian on July 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM

…trying to describe in clear, simple terms how important it is that we reform this system. The case is so clear to me.

Maybe he should try saying “let me be clear” before every paragraph the TOTUS spits at him. That should work.

forest on July 31, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Love it. We’re too stupid to know what works for us and that the number of those truly without insurance is not that high. What else does anyone need to know?

Blake on July 31, 2009 at 2:57 PM

The One knows what is best for you.

Mr. Joe on July 31, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Obama is finally learning that you can’t fool all the people all the time.

Tantor on July 31, 2009 at 3:00 PM

In the 1993 Hillarycare debacle, the Democrats learned that getting bogged down on the details of a complex issue like health care leads to a loss of momentum and ultimate failure.

In the 2009 Obamacare debacle, the Democrats will learn that avoiding the details and farming the detail work out to various Congressional committees leads to a loss of momentum and ultimate failure.

They’re going to keep trying this until they find something that works. How will they fail next?

Has it ever occured to them that maybe, just maybe, people don’t want this boondoggle?

gridlock2 on July 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Hmmmm… In other words, “Put on a sweater.” Hey Barry, why don’t you ask Jimmy how that turned out?

Blacksmith on July 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM

It doesn’t help Obama that it is clear he doesn’t know what he is talking about and that he is a liar, too.

Blake on July 31, 2009 at 3:02 PM

ObamaCare in 30 seconds or less…

You pay lots of taxes. And, when you get sick…A) If you’re over 58 years old, you die. B) If you’re less than 58 years old, you die slower. Oh, and illegal aliens get their health care for free.

Wyznowski on July 31, 2009 at 3:03 PM

gridlock2 on July 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I’m sure it has but they just don’t care what us dumb “clingers” think.

farright on July 31, 2009 at 3:04 PM