Coming Monday: The television event of a lifetime

posted at 1:46 pm on July 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: Greatest day of blogger’s life. Dude:

I swear I didn’t know about it when I wrote this post; evidently the booking only happened this week, after the initial round of Fox appearances. It’s hard to explain to newbie Hot Air readers why this is such a big deal, but to help put it in perspective, there was a time a few years ago when we were doing “View” posts about as frequently as we’re doing Palin posts now. Search the archives or ask an HA old-timer and they’ll tell you. ‘Twas a golden age when Rosie ruled the roost and American moms tuned in each morning for the latest on how burning jet fuel simply couldn’t have melted the steel in the World Trade Center. If there’s a god in heaven — and I’ll accept the following as conclusive proof that there is — they’ll bring big Ro back for one day of guest-hosting duties.

To whet your appetite for what’s to come, be sure to read this classic from the boss’s vault. Exit fun fact: I gave her a “View” coffee mug for Christmas once. Really!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I hope my DVR doesn’t fail me!

ladyingray on July 31, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I’ve already set the DVR and am sure this will be the must see event of the week.

Sir Corky on July 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Michelle,

Get some advice from Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter and John McCain Bill O’Reilly before you go!

Star20 on July 31, 2009 at 3:15 PM
CarolynM on July 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Laura Ingraham, too…

D2Boston on July 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I hope Michelle does better against those skanky hags than Glenn Beck did. He really stunk up the joint.

Percy_Peabody on July 31, 2009 at 3:23 PM

WHEW HEW!

CynicalOptimist on July 31, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I predict this will not turn out well for Michelle. Unlike the shellacking she gave Matt Lauer on the Today Show, this one will have a live audience utterly packed with hostile, screeching, unemeployed leftists. Those atrocious pigs who host The Spew will take cheap shot after cheap shot at Malkin while the brain-dead audience hoots and howls, and the inane “conservative” interviewer whines through her nasal passages, “OK, guys. Come on, guys. That’s not fair, guys.” It’ll be a train wreck from beginning to end, and when they break for commercial they’ll pan across the smug, fat faces of those vile, ignorant has-beens, and the final message will be “We humiliated, abused, and vilified our guest. Our work here is done.”

Rational Thought on July 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Sumpin tells me dat,this might turn very ugly quick!

After Michelle shows the girls of the view,what the
Obama’s really are,its gonna be a chair spilli’n,
table knock’n over cat fight!!

I hope Michelle’s claws are sharpened extra sharp,tee-hee!

canopfor on July 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Who’s in charge of cleaning up the tattered pieces of the hosts once Michelle tears them to shreds?

I’m guessing it’ll be some segment like “Ask your Gyno” or “30 Reasons Men Won’t Commit”

Advocate For Change on July 31, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Percy_Peabody on July 31, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Ya, I love Beck, but he didn’t fare well on his View appearance. I’m expecting a MUCH stronger showing from “Balls” Malkin.

/Note to self: buy popcorn

ornery_independent on July 31, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I know it’s not really a fair fight, three liberal biyatches against one Michelle Malkin, but the match will go on. The liberals will just have to try to survive as best they can.

backwoods conservative on July 31, 2009 at 3:40 PM

KICK THEIR ASSES MICHELLE!

BayCon on July 31, 2009 at 3:41 PM

“Because she’s a selfish bitch, probably.”

Man oh man, I swore I’d never watch that stupid show. Now I’ve GOT to go back on my word just to watch Joy’s fur fly.

katablog.com on July 31, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Michelle is feisty! She’ll let em have it right between the eyes! You go girl!

Eyvonne on July 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Michelle is going to devour these fools

blatantblue on July 31, 2009 at 2:17 PM

They won’t let her open her mouth to try.

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Just so you know, her calling in counts.

- The Cat

P.S. I’d advize The Boss to dig through every one of her and HotAir’s posts about the view.

P.P.S. It’s a Trap!!!!!

MirCat on July 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

She is going to nuke these women. But regardless of the subject matter Michelle presents for discussion, the counter will be questions about birthers, Palin, or whatever hot-ticket straw man reveals himself between now and then.

JCred on July 31, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Can we start a Michelle Malkin defense fund now so Michelle can feel free to pimp slap Joy, back hand Whoopie, and choke hold the other one?

I’d pay cash money to see this. Pay per view?

portlandon on July 31, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Hopefully when her next book is released MM will have a large enough flock she won’t need to appear on these hostile shows to make the NYT best seller list. Best of luck on Monday MM.

USAF_RET on July 31, 2009 at 3:56 PM

this one will have a live audience utterly packed with hostile, screeching, unemeployed leftists…

Rational Thought on July 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Yeah, probably. But I expect MM will do very well no matter what.

Gilda on July 31, 2009 at 4:01 PM

YENTAGEDDON!!!!!

wildweasel on July 31, 2009 at 4:04 PM

holy smokes! Finally a reason to watch that inane dribble fest of a show…..

Ozprey on July 31, 2009 at 4:06 PM

One question she’s sure to be asked.

“Now Michelle, in your previous book you talked about what a good thing it was for the U.S. gove. to imprison innocvent Japanese in concentration camps. Do you really believe that?”

max1 on July 31, 2009 at 4:08 PM

MM has balls as big as aircraft carriers….

And I mean that in the most respectful, complimentary way possible!

wildweasel on July 31, 2009 at 4:12 PM

wildweasel on July 31, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Among her devoted followers those appendages are often referred to as Malkins.

backwoods conservative on July 31, 2009 at 4:17 PM

My dream come true. They’d better force Elizabeth to call in sick that day and replace her with another lefty…just so, you know, it’s a far fight.

The over/under on Joy-less cursing at MM or playing the race-traitor card is 2 minutes.

Malpaso on July 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Malpaso on July 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM

And I know Michelle is all class, but what would you give to hear her say “Joy, how dare you open your filthy, fat, bleating pie hole and toss the race card down on me”?

Rational Thought on July 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM

It just hasn’t been the same without Rosie, no?

Michelle should be fulltime on The View. Anyone know when Hasselbeck’s contract is up?

Enrique on July 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I haven’t watched The (Liberal) View in 2 years, but I WILL watch Monday; can’t wait to see Michelle Malkin!!

BTW, read the book…and start with Chapter 2!!! WOW!

TN Mom on July 31, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Enrique on July 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Why would you wish that on MM and all of her followers who would have to watch the other idiots just to see Michelle? Have a heart.

genso on July 31, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Well, Rosie was right. The steel in the WTC buildings didn’t melt. It got heated to the point of mechanical failure. Rosie just didn’t get to that last point, since most people focus on the red herring.

Seixon on July 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Rorshach’s stint in prison comes to mind.

ZK on July 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Oh dear Lord yes.

SouthernDem on July 31, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I never watch the show, never even been tempted. MM is a master, if the 3 witches will give her a chance to speak. Michelle’s appearance tempts me to get a ring-side seat.

Odds on Behar to try for the knock-down left jab, but I fully expect the Malkin to get the KO, 3rd round.

Give it to ‘em, Michelle – with class, flair, and panache!

DINORight on July 31, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Enrique on July 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Let’s see,
Elizabeth was a Survivor contestant,
Joy was a comedian and actress
Whoopi was a comedian and actress,
Sherri Shepherd was a comedian and actress
Barbara WaWA was a journalist but lately just interviews left-wing celebrities.
Michelle is much more educated on politics than any of the others. It would be a real come-down for her to be a regular on the view. But it would be good if she got more air-time here, and on Fox. Maybe her own show on Fox!

Christian Conservative on July 31, 2009 at 4:36 PM

The “Golden Days”?

Yep.

Don’t worry folks, Michelle taught Virgil Cole how to shoot.

Limerick on July 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM

OH GOD HELP ME! THIS IS AWESOME TO THE 10th POWER!

I NEVER thought they’d let her on.

Wow.

She will wipe the frickin’ floor with those losers.

powerpro on July 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Our wise Filipina will make hash of those hags.

Akzed on July 31, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I saw the headline and thought NBC was having some sort of day-long Palin-bashing session.

ddrintn on July 31, 2009 at 4:45 PM

They won’t let her open her mouth to try.

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

This is my prediction as well. They will create a wall of noise and venom, Michelle will try to use logic and be shouted down. It’s a complete COMPLETE waste of time and yet conservatives keep flocking to this show like moths to a flame. It’s just goofy

Sugarbuzz on July 31, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Enrique on July 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Why do you hate Michelle?

Greed on July 31, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Oh, the old days of The View and Rosie posts… I’ve lost many a keyboard over the spew! Well worth the cost of a Logitech here and there.

SkinnerVic on July 31, 2009 at 5:04 PM

DVR set!

fossten on July 31, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Can you say hypergolic?

I knew you could!

” … which spontaneously ignite when they come into contact.”

crosspatch on July 31, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Make sure Michelle asks:

1. Have any of you READ the book?
2. If not, DON’T SPEAK about it.
3. If you hated Bush, why don’t you hate Obama, since he’s doing all that Bush has done.

originalpechanga on July 31, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I am proud to say I have never watched the View. Not once. And that won’t change no matter who is on it.

Terrye on July 31, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Just for MM I’ll watch the View this once.
I’ll make sure to do it on an empty stomach though.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Rational Thought on July 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Absolutely Positively Correct!

Why in the world Michelle, who is thoughtful, intelligent, and gracious, would go on a television program with three harpies, and a parakeet, is beyond me.

All she can do is try to out shout them, but what good is that? I mean, what’s the point? All anybody will remember is that Whoopie got in the last word right before commercial break, like she did with Coulter, and Michelle will have no way to respond.

Conservatives, there is no need to go on these types of shows to sell your book! There are other left-wing shows you can go on that are more conducive to actual dialogue, if you want to reach a broader audience.

The View is a mockery of intelligent dialogue. It’s like the old carnival side shows, “Step right up, ladies and gents, and see the alligator lady!”

Turn it down, Michelle, while you still can. You don’t need this!

Joe Pyne on July 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Tear their asses apart, one by one, slowly and painfully,so that the idiots in the audience can actually comprehend it.

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on July 31, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Michelle,

I know you will embarrass these mental deficient Obamunists. They know you will as well. That is why they will try and ambush you like they did Beck and so many other Conservatives.

My advice to you is if Joy Behar starts to foam at the mouth, call Animal Control immediately. I think she might be rabid.

Just an interesting aside…an anagram for Joy Behar is Rehab Joy. If she becomes too deranged you might want to inform her of this coincidental trivia.

DeathB4Tyranny on July 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM

View Panel: You will not enjoy this. This will not end quickly.

Kid from Brooklyn on July 31, 2009 at 5:53 PM

This should be Pay For View.

It’s going to be that good.

Hening on July 31, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I have iodine pills, I know what to do in case of a nuclear event.

Gird your loins MM!!!

Make’em sorry for ever even thinking they could get away with attacking you.

Speakup on July 31, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I work for a living, so I won’t be viewing the View. The one time I did, I wished I’d taken an antibiotic first…poisonous and toxic. I’ll spend my timing reading Michelle’s book. Snagged the last one at Barnes and Noble yesterday.

Go Michelle.

MalindaH on July 31, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Anyone else hearing that Star Wars Trek Spock/Kirk fight to the death music in their head?

NickelAndDime on July 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM

“If boths survive, combat shall continue with the Lirpa!”

VekTor on July 31, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Daaaaaamn.

This is gonna be the most one-sided fight since Jon Lovitz punched out Andy Dick.

Cylor on July 31, 2009 at 7:17 PM

This should be Pay For View.

It’s going to be that good.

Hening on July 31, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I’d pay for this. I’m in South Korea now but have a reason to look forward to watching HotAir after work. Go Michelle. And from what I’ve heard, there’s 75 pages of footnotes. Liberal heads may explode.

Canadian Infidel on July 31, 2009 at 8:13 PM

O my Gawd!

Griz on July 31, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Wow, I feel the flu coming on I gotta call in sick and watch this one!

boomer on July 31, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Our wise Filipina will make hash of those hags.
Akzed on July 31, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Ha ha we win.

scotash on July 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM

DVR is set, hope the fast forward works so I can skip the usual drivel from those liberals.

Zorro on July 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM

YEAH Boss !!!
I IMPLORE You.
Please keep your temper. Out-Class them at every statement (already a given). Let them ridicule themselves (after you’ve worked them into a lather). Their hatred flows from their jealousy.
I’ll be on vaca in OBX, but I’ll put down my drink to watch The View for the first time ever. Eh, maybe I’ll keep the drink.

JoeAvg on July 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

The problem is this will be a Jerry Springer forum where actual intelectual debate is crushed by “In yo face” head bobbin, “oh no you di’int” style shouts and woof woof chants.

All the crusty hags have to do to win is shout over Michelle, all at the same time, and not allow her to talk. For this they will be rewarded from the audience with lavish applause. If they let her speak she’ll beat them with the logic stick, not they or anyone else would understand it thru their infantile tantrums on the set.

Alden Pyle on July 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Good Luck Michelle!!! I guess I’ll have to venture over to the dark side and dvr it. Really can’t stand Joy Behar’s voice – like nails on a chalkboard.

redridinghood on July 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Man this is going to be tough.As much as I want to see the Boss smack-down the Harpies,I don’t know if I can take hearing the screeches from Whoopsi,and Babwa and the others.Michelle is going to need a bullhorn to be heard.
It is hard enough trying to talk to an average liberal in rational,logical terms.To try to make the Harpies understand factual information is going to be like expalining aeronautics to an earthworm.The concept of “fact” is too deep for the Harpies comprehend.
I want to see it,but I don’t know if I’ll be able to bear it.
This is going to be harder than having to watch Gerry(spitter) Rivers,just to see him spanked by Coulter.

DDT on August 1, 2009 at 2:26 AM

I hope Michelle kept her flak jacket from when she was in Iraq. She might need it.

Yakko77 on August 1, 2009 at 2:27 AM

No pressure, Michelle…best wishes.

redwhiteblue on August 1, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Go Michelle! I have never in my life watched The View, but for Michelle I will make an exception! Praying for you!

Class will show! And Michelle is one class act!

Minorcan Maven on August 1, 2009 at 2:05 PM