Wow: Black cop in Gates arrest sends letter to Obama about being called an “Uncle Tom”; Update: Lashley goes after Gates in full letter

posted at 8:29 pm on July 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Initially I thought Crowley was a bit of a chump to join in The One’s photo op after being smeared by him. But now I think it was all worth it.

A black sergeant who was at the home of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. when he was arrested says he’s been maligned as an “Uncle Tom” for supporting the actions of the white arresting officer.

Cambridge Sgt. Leon Lashley gave a letter to Sgt. James Crowley to give to President Barack Obama during their so-called beer summit with Gates on Thursday night at the White House.

In the letter, which was also sent to CNN, Lashley says Gates “may have caused grave and potentially irreparable harm to the struggle for racial harmony.”

If you’re unclear on what he means by racial harmony, watch this. I checked CNN to try to find a copy of the full letter but neither they nor the AP appear to have published it (yet). Has anyone seen it? I’m curious to know which other truths were spoken to power here.

Oh, on a completely unrelated note, if you missed the clip of Michelle talking with InstaGlenn about all the racial cracks she got this week for being an Obama-criticizing race traitor, you’ll find it at PJTV.

Update: Pundit Review has video from CNN of Don Lemon reading Lashley’s full letter, which points squarely to Gates as the wrongdoer in all this. Good for him for not letting the demagoguery scare him into backing down. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Anybody that believes that the white house meeting was about anything else other then Barack Hussein Obama, have another guess coming. IT’S ALWAYS ABOUT THE ONE AND NO ONE ELSE. ME, ME, ME AND ONLY ME BARRY SOETORO!!!

byteshredder on July 31, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I’m black and have been a conservative for a while now and it still hurts when I get called such names. You cannot accurately come to conclusions about the reaction of another just because it’s not what you would do. That’s called presumption.

baldilocks on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM
I can’t possibly say I understand what if feels like to be attacked by your own race, because I can’t. At best I can only hope you treat those insults as a badge of honor. The fact that you will not be pigeon-holed into having to think, act and use the logic of others, simply because they thought you owed them it, speaks of a higher character.

Jeff from WI on July 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I have…going through LAX in 1971; coming home on leave from Vietnam….right at the airport. Insulted, screamed at, bags of dog doo…..the works. It really hurts….and I am so sorry for this police officer.

I am getting so disgusted by all these trumped up racial charges….they cheapen the whole dialogue. Makes real racial problems seem insignificant because of the constant crying wolf as in this Cambridge incident. By the way, the real loser here is the Obamessiah…this is just too obvious a blunder of very large porportions….

norm1111 on July 31, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Hurrah for brave Sgt. Lashley!

perries on July 31, 2009 at 12:03 PM

From my perspective, I see 2 scenarios here.

The first….is no matter how far we come, it is not whites holding back for the most part, on wanting harmony. It is the other races. If the tables were turned, and Crowley were supporting Lashley, or scorning Lashley, and upholding Gates….would anyone accuse Crowley of being anything, but Officer Crowley, voicing his opinion? I seriously doubt it. Until we see ourselves as Americans, and not identify ourselves by the color of our skin, we’ll never get past this crap.

The second. This is good for Obama’s movement. I thoroughly believe, he’s a racist….and this lil scuffaw is not only a distraction, but a chance to race bait once again, and start up a possible race war.

I can’t be baited, Mr. President, and I would hope that ALL Americans can rise above Obama’s pettiness, and show that we can come together as citizens, and that all things affect all of us. We can overcome, without Mr. Obama’s help, or interference, or…stupid comments.

capejasmine on July 31, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I hate to break it to you but I’m 99.99% sure the Obama’s, as well as a vast majority of the african american population, who are more racist than any other segment of our society, think he’s an “Uncle Tom” too.

TrickyDick on July 31, 2009 at 1:44 PM

As long as racial disharmony can generate dollars, we will always have people like Gates, Sharpton, Jackson and Duke.

GT on July 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM