Wow: Black cop in Gates arrest sends letter to Obama about being called an “Uncle Tom”; Update: Lashley goes after Gates in full letter

posted at 8:29 pm on July 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Initially I thought Crowley was a bit of a chump to join in The One’s photo op after being smeared by him. But now I think it was all worth it.

A black sergeant who was at the home of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. when he was arrested says he’s been maligned as an “Uncle Tom” for supporting the actions of the white arresting officer.

Cambridge Sgt. Leon Lashley gave a letter to Sgt. James Crowley to give to President Barack Obama during their so-called beer summit with Gates on Thursday night at the White House.

In the letter, which was also sent to CNN, Lashley says Gates “may have caused grave and potentially irreparable harm to the struggle for racial harmony.”

If you’re unclear on what he means by racial harmony, watch this. I checked CNN to try to find a copy of the full letter but neither they nor the AP appear to have published it (yet). Has anyone seen it? I’m curious to know which other truths were spoken to power here.

Oh, on a completely unrelated note, if you missed the clip of Michelle talking with InstaGlenn about all the racial cracks she got this week for being an Obama-criticizing race traitor, you’ll find it at PJTV.

Update: Pundit Review has video from CNN of Don Lemon reading Lashley’s full letter, which points squarely to Gates as the wrongdoer in all this. Good for him for not letting the demagoguery scare him into backing down. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

For what…being called an Uncle Tom? Give me a break. he should cry me a river.

I want to know how Gates is responsible for him being called an Uncle Tom.

Chudi on July 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

How about because he dared to speak out against the African-American magical empowerment words uttered in the greatest tradition of the Zulu Warriors war cry….

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Post-racial prez my a$$, the MSM ought to interview Rev. Wright and get his take on this situation.

farright on July 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

LOVE how CNN tries to make Sgt. Lashley look uneducated/stupid/whatever by claiming a grammatically correct sentence in his letter was miswritten.

Oh wait, unless neither CNN nor the anchor knows English well enough to recognize a perfectly good sentence when they see it…

Well well well. Journalism school is expensive, to be sure, but certainly worth every penny. /s

inviolet on July 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Oh damn that’s right I forgot African-Americans can never be racists because they are minorities.

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Come on dude. That’s not my point and you know it. I expect better from you.

You made a direct correlation between melanin and being a racist.

Yup, the greater the amount of melanin in the skin, the more racism in the blood.

Are you really going to try and cast me as overly-sensitive to actual racist thought patterns? Come on. I appreciate some good fun as much as the next guy. But you must know or learn the difference between fun with race and bona fide bigotry.

I relate to Lashley. I’m not dogging on anyone here. I rarely make appeals from my heart in public. But WTF Dorian? Are you serious?

At best it was rude. Worst case, straight up racial-bigotry.

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Good catch, katy!

Too bad they probably couldn’t get access to any info.

VibrioCocci on July 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM

A really stupid thing to do, like the secret service is not watching Obamas records like a hawk. Alarms probably went off all over place. They will be lucky if they keep their jobs.

Greed on July 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

How did Crowley cave? Being combative isn’t going to help and the media would’ve used it against him.
conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Didn’t need to be combative. Just needed to stand his ground.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM

The term ‘Uncle Tom’was also used against SCOTUS Clarence
Thomas!

“Uncle Tom” is a vulgar,demeaning,and disgusting term!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Have you seen the YouTube video of a speech Gates gave in 1996 where he belittles Clarence Thomas? Gates is riddled through and through with bigotry, and he has made a lucrative career out of it.

onlineanalyst on July 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I could see this was a trap from 3,000+ miles away, but I didn’t know that the Cambridge P.D. would build a better rat trap.

Well done, good officers, well done.

Terrie on July 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM

As I mentioned last week it is simply amazing that a small local police force is throwing down against the President and his friend. I scratch my head and try to recall when this has happened before.

All I’m left with, something very ugly happened inside that house. Gates must have gone “off”. Nothing else makes sense. I’m sure way down deep even funding is at risk and still the Cambridge police are not letting go.

I just wish they would release any audio tapes they have.

patrick neid on July 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM

At best it was rude. Worst case, straight up racial-bigotry.

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

If you honestly believe that, well then honesty isn’t something you are acquainted with.

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Where is Liberal343?

Come out, come out wherever you are.

Knucklehead on July 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

and while you’re at it, where’s AnninCA? (sp?)

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Just sent a note of support to Sgt. Lashley…feel free to do likewise..
e-mail
Patrick S on July 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Patrick, So kind of you to provide that link. Will send my regards to the good Sgt. Lashley forthwith!

marybel on July 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Don’t get it twisted. Dude’s not a bigot. Come on yourself.

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

You made a direct correlation between melanin and being a racist.

At best it was rude. Worst case, straight up racial-bigotry.

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I assumed it was sarcasm.

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM
The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Whatever with both of you.

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Non-reported fact, one week before annoucing his presidency, Obama cleaned up 17 parking tickets from Cambridge, over 15 years old. I think he hates Cambridge cops. “How dare they ticket him?”

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I assumed it was sarcasm.

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Dammit! That does not fit into my friggin narrative.

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM
The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Whatever with both of you.

The Race Card on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

How many race cards are in this deck?

farright on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

They will be lucky if they keep their jobs.

Greed on July 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

They’ll be back to work after a brief stint at their new “training” camps.

VibrioCocci on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I was impressed with Crowley. I don’t think he caved.

This letter is important, because it really points out the “us against them” mentality that is the problem that seems like the answer to so many people of color.

The police were protecting Gates’ property. And Gates lost his temper. It happens. Everything else is just an embarrassing example of racial politics at it’s worst–being used by our President.

This is not racial progress. Obama and Gates are making fools of themselves by not apologizing.

As each day passes it becomes more clear that Obama is a proud, petty, little man.

Most at Hot Air have known that for a while now. But the rest of America is learning it for the first time.

A teaching moment indeed. Actions speak much louder than words.

petunia on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

The Great Orator© stepped in $hit, and it’s taken a week, and p’haps longer, to scrap it off his shoes.

Shall we have a discussion about “Teachable Moments” ?

Pass the Popcorn

franksalterego on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Earlier today on another thread, I commented that Mark Levin’s style was so hard to take that I didn’t start listening to him with any regularity until a few months ago. The same is true for Curtis Sliwa. I started with him a few weeks ago. His style, for my tastes, is so crass it’s almost impossible to listen. But the content is… I almost hate to admit…. usually very good.

He’s especially good right now, talking about Obama’s Beer Diplomacy.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 10:03 PM

How many race cards are in this deck?

farright on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Several. And they’re all jokers.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I assumed it was sarcasm.

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I hope so, because dorian hasn’t shown signs iof bigotry before and that statement was bigoted.

thomasaur on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

As a black conservative who lives in boston, I have been called an Uncle Tom for so long that it doesn’t even bother me anymore. The fact that it hurts him so much shows me, he’s one of those who voted for the moron-in-chief. i don’t have ANY sympathy for him.

Chudi on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I’m black and have been a conservative for a while now and it still hurts when I get called such names. You cannot accurately come to conclusions about the reaction of another just because it’s not what you would do. That’s called presumption.

baldilocks on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

It was all worth what?? If he didn’t dignify the ONE by participating in that monkey F$$$, all else would have been the same; I contend even better.

PaCadle on July 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

The White House better send for the beer truck because they’re lining up to get their share of alcohol-fueled teachable moments from our Healer-in-Chief.

CliffHanger on July 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Shall we have a discussion about “Teachable Moments” ?

franksalterego on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Good idea. Let’s make teachable moments the fulcrum for our critique of Obama going forward.

I want use Alinsky against the Alinsky-ites. Anything less is surrender.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM

He didn’t say that and you know it. Stop digging.

For what…being called an Uncle Tom? Give me a break. he should cry me a river.

I want to know how Gates is responsible for him being called an Uncle Tom.

Chudi on July 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Gates isn’t. The Great Sower of Discord President Obama is.

baldilocks on July 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Would this mess ever have been cleaned up if exposure to the public spotlight was not imminent?

This question refers to whom?

a) Barack Obama’s unpaid parking tickets
b) Timothy Geithner’s unpaid back taxes
c) Nancy Killefer’s tax lien
d) Tom Daschle’s failure to pay $100,000+ in back taxes
e) all of the above PLUS any Democrat chosen to serve on Barack Obama’s cabinet, panel, or nefarious collection of czars

VibrioCocci on July 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

On closer inspection of the popular photo of Gates handcuffed on the porch it shows Crowley off to Gate’s left telling Gates to calm down. You see it in hand motion.

Meanwhile Gates appears to be directing his screaming at Lashley who is walking away in disgust. Something ugly was said.

patrick neid on July 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I think Sgt Crowley did the right thing. First, I believe (heard on TV) that HE was the one who suggested they get together for a beer. Even if he didn’t, it shows his respect for the Presidency that he attended, and made only brief general comments at the press conference folwing tonight’s get-together. I’d venture a guess that Crowley felt that he was going on behalf of all police officers, that he represented them on some level.
Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM
++++++++++++++++++++
I agree. Moreover, has it occurred to anyone that Crowley hand-delivering Lashley’s letter exponentially increases both the visibility/impact of the letter and Obama’s dilemma in dealing with it?

fabrexe on July 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

On that CNN video it says O “downplaying” event. Riiiiight.

XWing5 on July 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I assumed it was sarcasm.

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

O usually use tags, but didn’t think that one needed one. Context to subject here is key. One Black man calls a white man a racists and another black man tells the first black man quit disparaging the character of an honest man you racist.

Sgt. Leon Lashley has a pair of solid brass cajonies that weigh about 10 lbs each to call a Harvard Professor of African and African American Studies and the President of the United States racists. What he did was to prove that racism is in the mind of the beholder, not the color of their skin. Which is 100 percent diametrically opposed to what both Gates and Obama asserted in their original assertions.

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Shall we have a discussion about “Teachable Moments” ?

franksalterego on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Future Teachable Moment No. 1: On January 20, 2013 President Palin has to use secret service agents to evict former prez obama and family. The former prez continues to cling to false hope and the disasterous changes that he wrought upon us all. As he is being draged away he states “but this is my house whitey.”

farright on July 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I feel for this guy. He’s probably lost a few “friends” over this and I’m guessing Thanksgiving dinner won’t be too much fun this year.

angryed on July 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

An honorable man such as this has plenty of friends.

Thanksgiving will be Standing Room Only.

misslizzi on July 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

thomasaur on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

baldilocks on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Exactly right. American liberty springs from the sanctity of the individual. It’s human nature — probably a self-defense mechanism and a necessity — to make everyday presumptions. As conservatives, we should examine our presumptions and winnow out any based on lazy thinking or blanket generalizations.

Terrie on July 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

In the bad old days of institutionalized racism, all manners of unfairness were perpetuated under the umbrella of “all blacks are/think/do xyz.”

Now, in the “enlightened” age of leftist progressives, all manners of unfairness are advocated behind the everybody-knows-ish elitist umbrella of “all blacks must be/think/do xyz.”

Will somebody please explain the difference to me? I thought a major point of the civil rights movement was to get society to view blacks as individuals, not just members of a skin-color group.

Yet hardly a single Leftist, or Democrat (and that sadly seems to include the 90+% of black folks who regularly vote Democrat) has any regard for a black person who dares assert their individualism in a non-approved way.

Lashley’s a brave guy. Anyone who supports genuine civil rights should support him. Those who’ve trashed him have shown what side they’re really on.

Gilda on July 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

While I do loves me some Foghorn Leghorn, I think I am afraid of the implications of that post… :O

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Gilda on July 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Bingo……….

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

It’s my cross-topic homage to the “Republican Party Taken Over by Southerners” thread. I also loves me some F J L whenever he fits into a conversation.

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM

The Associated Press headline:

Black cop at Gates home regrets ‘Uncle Tom’ label

Er… doesn’t “regrets” imply that he’s done something wrong? Guess they think he brought it on himself.

Jim Treacher on July 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

It occurs to me that this has all been terrific for Gates’ career, actually. His speaking fees (if he charges any) will undoubtedly go up, a book will certainly be in the making, etc. He’s suddenly been vaulted into the Sharpton/Jackson strata of race hustlers who make their living not fighting racism, but relishing and reveling in it – actually doing their level best to nurture and prolong it.

And there’s Obama, his good buddy, veteran of 20 years of racist hatred in Wright’s church, doing what he can to keep racial divisions in place from his office as well.

Midas on July 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Hey, I may live in California, but it’s Southern California damn it… :P

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Cambridge Sgt. Leon Lashley is standing up against the status quo. Takes a lot of guts to stand up against old boy racist like Gates. Shame on Obama for siding with a racist like Gates.

Lesson #1: Racism is racism

TN Mom on July 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

The Associated Press headline:

Black cop at Gates home regrets ‘Uncle Tom’ label

Jim Treacher on July 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Yeah, makes it sound like *he* called someone an ‘Uncle Tom’.

Midas on July 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Didn’t need to be combative. Just needed to stand his ground.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM

One can stand their ground and still engage with someone who disagrees. If Crowley didn’t accept the WH invitation, his actions would’ve been interpreted as “combative” and rascist.

The WH tried to do a quick “check” on Crowley, but his colleague had his back and adeptly did a “check-mate” with his letter.

I don’t fault Crowley one bit for attending. It would’ve been petty if he didn’t attend.

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

The Associated Press headline:

Black cop at Gates home regrets ‘Uncle Tom’ label

Jim Treacher on July 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Sick.

the_nile on July 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I think he wanted to calm things down, without “buckling”.

the_nile on July 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Yeah, makes it sound like *he* called someone an ‘Uncle Tom’.

Midas on July 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

And why do they make a point of stating his skin color? Remind me, who’s the racist in this narrative???

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Chudi on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

baldilocks on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I can’t possibly say I understand what if feels like to be attacked by your own race, because I can’t. At best I can only hope you treat those insults as a badge of honor. The fact that you will not be pigeon-holed into having to think, act and use the logic of others, simply because they thought you owed them it, speaks of a higher character.

Jeff from WI on July 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

In closing, I would simply like to ask that Mr. Gates deeply reflect on the events that have unfolded since July 16 and ask himself the following questions:

‘What can I do to help heal the rift caused by some of my actions?; What responsibility do I bear for what occurred on July 16, 2009? Is there anything I can do to mitigate the damage done to the reputations of two respected Police Officers?’

Your friend,

Leon K. Lashley

An appropriate quote for Mr. Gates to also reflect upon.

Reflect upon the defects of your character: thoroughly realize their evils and the transient pleasures they give you, and firmly will that you shall try your best not to yield to them the next time. (Helen P. Blavatsky)

Tav on July 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

How many race cards are in this deck?

farright on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Well we have seen both jokers so far……

proudteadrinker on July 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

No, down here in the South we say, “Errrr. Errrr.”

Proud Rino on July 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Funniest comment of the day. Thanks.

Darth Executor on July 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Two murders both killed their wife’s. Both got caught so how bright are they really?

One for Grand Larceny in L.A.

One for stealing a truckload of manure from a 98-year-old Rockport horse farmer

Two are indicted in an espionage case.

Students?

One for manslaughter
One for mass murder. The Una Bomber Ted Kaczynski
Sent 16 bombs to targets including universities and airlines, killing three people and injuring 23.

In fact, all of them got caught. So how bright do ya gotta be to teach at HARVARD?

All things considered, I would have expected the cop to draw down on Gates once he I.D.’ed himself as a HARVARD Professors

DSchoen on July 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

OK, lets examine this. Why did Crowley go? For himself? (HMMM, books, TV, interviews, $$$). Other cops? (I don’t think so, the ONE insulted all of us/them). Respect of the ONE’s office? (maybe, I bet he voted for him). To fix things? (Impossible). Anyone else have a suggestion as to why Crowley would have participated?? I’ve said from the beginning he should never have lowered himself to join in this fiasco. He didn’t cause it and by participating he seems to admit at least partial responsibility. I don’t want to think this because he acted like an honorable officer in this incident but I’m starting to be inclined to the first option.

PaCadle on July 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Reading the comments about the Harvard Professors reminded me of one o fmy favorite quotes:

Red State State of Mind on July 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

DSchoen on July 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Elitist Ivy-league Profiling
?

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Anyone else have a suggestion as to why Crowley would have participated??
PaCadle on July 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Hmmm, let’s see….here’s a few:

- To prevent Gates and Obama from making Crowley look “uncooperative”
- To stand his ground even more firmly and to give the President a piece of his mind, in person
- To deliver Sgt. Lashley’s letter and perhaps other messages from his fellow police officers
- To show Gates and Obama that their racist sh*t don’t fly
- To make it visible to the American people that he will not be strongarmed into an apology, i.e. that he can go into the White House and walk out of it without selling himself out

misslizzi on July 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I would think Crowley discussed whether or not he should go to this photo op with his boss and fellow workers instead of deciding just on his own. I thought it was a bad idea for him to go, but the way it turned out, they completely turned it around on O with Lashley’s letter. I sent Lashley a note of support. I believe the actions of the Cambridge police will be the “teaching moment” . It totally took it away from Obama.

silvernana on July 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I sent Sgt. Lashley an e-mail, basically told him that the person providing the “teaching moment” in this whole affair is Sgt. Lashley himself. He taught us that the spirit of Martin Luther King is alive and well in our society, and he did it by judging Crowley by the content of his character instead of the color of his skin. For MLK the label “Uncle Tom” in today’s society would be a badge of honor.

oldoldbabs on July 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

fabrexe on July 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Yep, and making sure the media had a copy was a nice touch. Now, Obama gets to watch this thing simmer and fester for another couple of weeks in the media, all the while pissing off more and more LEOs and hopefully some black folks. He’s done industrial strength duty apologizing for our country to everyone in the world, but the only way he’ll ever do any meaningful damage control now is to offer a personal apology and say he was wrong,..which he won’t be able to do.

a capella on July 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Hey, don’t knock the Harvard kids. I read their opinions on Gates in The Crimson, Harvard’s student newspapre, and the vast majority of them have Gates pegged to a T.

oldoldbabs on July 30, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Hmmm, let’s see….here’s a few:

- To prevent Gates and Obama from making Crowley look “uncooperative”
- To show Gates and Obama that their racist sh*t don’t fly

misslizzi on July 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Or quite possibly the single most likely reason… Because he’s a cop and cop’s just don’t back down in situations where intimidation is being employed.

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM

The good Sgt. should have politely declined this invitation and released a short statement:

I’ll pay for my own beer thank you. I have spent my professional life training myself and others in the area of racial sensitivity. I have an exemplary record as a policeman and acted in accordance with established procedures and principles. I have done my part everyday to be a positive force in the area of race relations. It’s now Pres. Obama and professor Gates’ turn to do the same. Both must apologize to the nations law enforcement community, and work to end affirmative action, racial quotas, and any entitlement programs that are based on race. Then and only then can this nation move forward past this unfortunate incident

That’s my suggestion.

badcrow on July 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

patrick neid on July 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

After looking again at the picture, you are exactly right in your description. Do you think maybe it was Gates who called Lashley an “uncle Tom”? When are they going to release the tapes? This might be really good!

silvernana on July 31, 2009 at 12:13 AM

When you look at the record of convicted HARVARD Professors just over the last 10 years we got [snip]

One for stealing a truckload of manure from a 98-year-old Rockport horse farmer [snip]

DSchoen on July 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Was he trying to create a monopoly?

baldilocks on July 31, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Ive been sick and have not been on HotAir for over a week, and coming back makes me dizzy. When you log in every day you get numb and the shit that Obama brings to the table. This amazing in its self not to count all the other bull shit. So now Obama is going to solve all our racial problems on a case that is about civil liberties, not civil rights. I’m sure they now are setting up a rapid deployment squad with Beer and Obama being updated every five minutes. Joe will head up the new civil rights Rapid Intervention Squad. They would have rights to come into your home for forced intervention. This is first rate propaganda.

Ed Laskie on July 31, 2009 at 12:40 AM

in my opinion this is more about class than race.
who has class and who doesnt?

Crowley and his supportive & multi-racial group of
fellow officers have it. Obama and Gates don’t.

Mike D. on July 31, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Chudi on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Chudi, give him the benefit of the doubt. It will be a slow process to free blacks from their slavery to the donkeycrats, and this is one of those steps. Maybe sympathy isn’t the right feeling but remember the parable of the prodigal son and welcome him back.

Fighton03 on July 31, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Hmmm, let’s see….here’s a few:

- To prevent Gates and Obama from making Crowley look “uncooperative”
- To show Gates and Obama that their racist sh*t don’t fly

misslizzi on July 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I had been of the mind that he should not have gone and just said he was too busy doing his job and made some subtle illusion to not wanting to be a part of any political spin, but you make a very strong case and may well be right.

Tav on July 31, 2009 at 1:34 AM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Brass heck…..stainless steel more like.

Fighton03 on July 31, 2009 at 1:37 AM

How many race cards are in this deck?

farright on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Several. And they’re all jokerswild cards.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Fixed. Oh, it actually means exactly the same thing, but doesn’t it just sound so much nicer that way?

And isn’t that what’s important?

Now, let me send a few nice “Happy Stoning” cards to Achmedinajad….

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 31, 2009 at 3:55 AM

And isn’t that what’s important?

Now, let me send a few nice “Happy Stoning” cards to Achmedinajad….

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 31, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Would you like a beer with that?

backwoods conservative on July 31, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Is there any other phrase in the English language as condescending as “Teachable Moment”?

It’s all there… The assumption that our betters are so much smarter than we Lumpenproles… The certainty that the masses are steeped in ignorance, and require such teaching… The recongnition that the people are just too stupid to get the point without circumstances providing an ideal example…

gridlock2 on July 31, 2009 at 7:26 AM

{in no particular order}

Lashley/Crowley in 2012!!!!

From what I’ve seen of Crowleys press conference, and from Lashley’s letter, these two could clean The One’s (c) chronometer.

themistocles on July 31, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Was he trying to create a monopoly?

baldilocks on July 31, 2009 at 12:29 AM

No, he was just re-distributing the Farmer’s wealth, er what I meant to say was, that Farmer was obviously infringing on Harvard Intellectual Property and the Professor was simply returning said Intellectual Property to it’s rightful owners.

doriangrey on July 31, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Post Racial President not so Post Racial After All.

I bet all concerned in this fiasco voted for Obama..

Dr Evil on July 31, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Post racial? Not so’s you’d notice. Now I read on the AM news that some Boston cop who said something to the affect that Gates should have been pepper sprayed has been fired. I hope he takes the city for every dime he can get and breaks the bank. Obama’s gotta get out of office and Patrick along with him and any other racist black involved. These folks are rapidly becoming disgraces to themselves as well as the country.

jeanie on July 31, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I wonder if Obama’s already swept this letter under the rug.

misslizzi on July 31, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I bet all concerned in this fiasco voted for Obama..

In his first interview, Crowley said he did not vote for Obama.

juliesa on July 31, 2009 at 9:23 AM

It’s like Obooba has a reverse Midas touch, or something.

Whenever you go sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong, that’s to be expected I guess.

Akzed on July 31, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Just wondering if all this is keeping O awake nights? When so many see you so clearly so suddenly? Well, glad I’m not him or Gates–who made this all possible. Possibly one for the history books in the chapter titled BIG Bloopers?

jeanie on July 31, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Crowley had to go. Any other response, including a well- written, polite attempt to decline the invitation would have been spun by Obama’s media whores as racism, pettiness, and disrespect.

The fact that they found a way to turn it around on Obama and Gates is truly awesome.

Dukeboy01 on July 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I personally doubt that Gates wants racial harmony.

Unless it’s the harmony of whites enslaved to blacks.

MarkTheGreat on July 31, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Too many blacks are far too noble to be backing this clown.

BuckeyeSam on July 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM

My sentiments exactly. As hard as they have worked, to be hoodwinked by Ochimpy is the insult to end all.

csdeven on July 31, 2009 at 9:55 AM

The next great racial issue in this country just might be the one where the black population has to un-learn their own pervasive form of bias.

jeanie on July 31, 2009 at 9:55 AM

It is people like Gates that prevent racial harmony from becoming a reality. His ‘pouring salt on a very old wound’ is what prevents healing. Who does this? Academics & ACLU attorneys. It’s job security for them.

Babyhugger on July 31, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Explain this, black males make up 6% of the population, however, they account for apprximately 41% of those arrested? This was attributed to, not so much being a African American male, but African-American male culture.

It’s interesting, I have many friends from different cultures. I notice quite a big difference of those from Africa as opposed to African-American. Those who are from the African-American cuture are in, higher percentages, more likely to have a chip-on-their-shoulder, than those from African decent.

CynicalOptimist on July 31, 2009 at 10:17 AM

What struck me was CNN reporting that story with all the drama of an earthquake report. Was it that serious? What am I missing? I never watch CNN, so maybe this is how they treat every story, however small.

SKYFOX on July 31, 2009 at 10:20 AM