Open thread: White House kegstand solves nation’s racial problems

posted at 5:45 pm on July 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Teachable Moment Results In Nothing Much Learned.” I’ll be away from the computer while The Drink-up That Saved America is happening, sad to say, but we need a thread open so that commenters can document the inevitable media cooing about The One’s “brewski diplomacy” or “suds summit” or whatever stupid name they’re cooking up for this stunt. No presser or public statement is being planned by the participants as far as I know, but some reporter’s bound to corner Gates or Crowley afterwards outside the White House for the obligatory “productive discussion” soundbite. As for The One, he’s already on record as being “fascinated with the fascination.”

Fox News is normally my channel of choice, but given the humiliating lengths to which MSNBC’s already gone to hype this photo op plus the fact that Crowley and Gates should be walking in while Matthews’s show is on the air, you’d be a fool not to be watching “Hardball” right now. With any luck, we might actually see some tears. To entertain you while we wait for “news” to break, here’s an amusing report from Comic Con by Red State Update. Much like Crowley this evening, they’re surrounded by nerds who take themselves too seriously. Mild content warning.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

And now Biden, who’s knocked a few back by now, decides to sing along!

“I’d kinda like to be the President
Then I can show you how your money is spent!”

“Why can’t we be friends?
Why can’t we be friends?”

Special K on July 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Every one sing along.

I love Barack Obama, he’s my main man
About all this racial stuff, I’ll just look the other way, ’cause I can
I’m so sure he’s always looking out equally for you and me
That he’s an honest man, all can plainly see
Whatever he says, is certainly good enough for me
And if things get too bad, well unlike you I can always climb a tree

Cheshire Cat on July 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Sometimes, more often lately than before, I think taking the high road against the radical left is little more than a futile martyrdom. Crowley, for all his patriotism and professionalism, has been snookered by our Community Oranganizer in Chief.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Exactly. Many on the right still haven’t learned this simple lesson, as we see with the whole eligibility issue or with the Sotomayor travesty. Conservatives try to appeal to reason with those who are ruled by emotion – and really twisted, screwed up emotions, at that.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

As people watch Al Gore jet over to Europe for the Canne Film festival to encourage people to give up creature comforts to save the planet, or a black President, a black Governor, a black mayor, and a rich black Harvard professor berate a $35,000.00 a year white cop for oppressing them, people need to understand that they aren’t seeing things.

This is really happening. They really think most people are too stupid to see blatant self serving hypocrisy even when it’s force fed to them with a jackhammer.

Then, when they start blaming Republicans for everything wrong, people need to go pick up a copy of Orwell’s “Animal Farm”. It will make more sense now than it ever has.

KentAllard on July 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

While Obama’s a Chicago thug, the stunt you described is more the style of Crowley

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Anything to support that? At best you have this one incident that you have spun. Seems you over state your case at best and at worst you are just a jerk. which is it?

CWforFreedom on July 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Well put.

KentAllard on July 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I’ve been saying that the Orwell estate is going to sue this adminstration for copyright infringement.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Nah, they went after the slimy capitalist amazon.com instead.

RushBaby on July 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

RushBaby on July 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Touche!

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I’ve been saying that the Orwell estate is going to sue this administration for copyright infringement.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

That makes me wonder. It would be interesting to, sometime next year, compare the 2008 and 2009 sales of “Animal Farm” and “1984″. I would think sales would have at least doubled, whereas gun sales will have probably only gone up 50%.

KentAllard on July 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

“Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.”
–Isaiah, 5:20

Special K on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Please grasp the positive.

Perhaps this little snippet of time exposed how totally absurd the premise that racism even exists except in the minds of those with “HUGE CHIP ON SHOULDER” disease which infect all of every race and religion.

Of which was exposed in this little snippet of time and film.

Me, my family, my neighbors and my community think it’s comical and I live in Alabama.

We don’t look at people by color or religion or position.

It’s all about your lawn.

(Like do you value your stuff?)

God Bless You All.

seesalrun on July 31, 2009 at 12:24 AM

“HUGE CHIP ON SHOULDER” disease which infect all of every race and religion.

I meant to say infect a small “stupidly” scape goating part of EVERY race or religion.

The weak always want to blame someone for their short comings. This is not a black and white thing.

seesalrun on July 31, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Wish to plug some more of my blog stuff here. Let’s see…

A Nigerian terrorist leader was killed, but the so-called Human Rights Watch would rather obscure his gang’s crimes.

Geoff Johns continues to insult and destroy the DC Universe with his latest atrocity, “Blackest Night”.

Here’s a video playthrough of Andro Dunos.

Avi Green on July 31, 2009 at 3:36 AM

Open thread: White House kegstand solves nation’s racial problems.

Cool! Glad that’s done.

Now, anyone have the winning numbers for the lottery?

patch on July 31, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I bet Gates is a mean drunk. They should have smoked a peace pipe.

HellCat on August 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I bet Gates is a mean drunk. They should have smoked a peace pipe.

HellCat on August 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Peace Pipe? Ugh.. HOW,……….they do that?

Jeff from WI on August 3, 2009 at 8:02 AM