Disaster strikes beer summit: Biden decides to attend; Update: Obama issues statement; Update: “Toast” photo added; Update: Gates issues statement; Update: Obama played only a small part, says Crowley

posted at 7:18 pm on July 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Video via Greg Hengler. I wonder how long it took Greasy Joe to tell his first “two blacks and an Irishman walk into a bar” joke. Over/under is 11 seconds.

Tapper, live on the scene, relays the excruciating details:

In the less than two minutes that we were out there, Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Sgt. Jim Crowley did almost all of the talking. It didn’t appear chummy, but then again Gates has said Crowley racially profiled him, falsified a police report about him, and owes him an apology. Crowley says he did nothing wrong, resents being portrayed as a racist, and has said he came here with the understanding that he and Gates had agreed to disagree…

Both Gates and Crowley brought their families to the White House and they toured the East Wing together before the sit-down. Gates brought his kids, fiancé and father. Crowley brought his wife and kids.

Exit question: How many beers did Biden have before he brought up the birth certificate? I’m guessing one and a half.

Update: Crowley’s holding a press conference right now but it looks like The One won’t have much more to say tonight beyond this:

I am thankful to Professor Gates and Sergeant Crowley for joining me at the White House this evening for a friendly, thoughtful conversation. Even before we sat down for the beer, I learned that the two gentlemen spent some time together listening to one another, which is a testament to them. I have always believed that what brings us together is stronger than what pulls us apart. I am confident that has happened here tonight, and I am hopeful that all of us are able to draw this positive lesson from this episode.

Update: Healing.

Update: Looks like Gates will pass on the presser but he’s got a statement of his own out now. Excerpt:

Sergeant Crowley and I, through an accident of time and place, have been cast together, inextricably, as characters – as metaphors, really – in a thousand narratives about race over which he and I have absolutely no control. Narratives about race are as old as the founding of this great Republic itself, but these new ones have unfolded precisely when Americans signaled to the world our country’s great progress by overcoming centuries of habit and fear, and electing an African American as President. It is incumbent upon Sergeant Crowley and me to utilize the great opportunity that fate has given us to foster greater sympathy among the American public for the daily perils of policing on the one hand, and for the genuine fears of racial profiling on the other hand.

Let me say that I thank God that live in a country in which police officers put their lives at risk to protect us every day, and, more than ever, I’ve come to understand and appreciate their daily sacrifices on our behalf. I’m also grateful that we live in a country where freedom of speech is a sacrosanct value and I hope that one day we can get to know each other better, as we began to do at the White House this afternoon over beers with President Obama.

Update: Here’s the video of Crowley’s presser, in which he describes The One’s role as not much more than providing the beer. He and Gates are going to meet again privately but as far as the arrest goes, they “agree to disagree.”

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Do you believe in property rights?

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Yes with one exception. If I saw someone breaking into Gates’ house, I’d keep right on walking.

Ronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM

PHOTO-OP ACCOMPLISHED

ScottMcC on July 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

For all the whining cop apologists have done, Crowley’s going to come out of this smelling like a rose. Look for a book deal. I’d like to be his agent.
rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Wait…you would sell yourself out for a rights-violating cop just to make some money? You’re no better than those “cop apologists”.

Bishop on July 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I guess Biden was there so Crowley did not feel uncomfortable sitting down with two black guys.

izoneguy on July 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Exactly my thinking.

Susanboo on July 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Crowley should’ve arrested both of them — Obama and Biden — for Impersonating a Public Official.

At least he could’ve done a point and drop, with a baggie or two of some fine Columbian. The very thought of him giving Mirandas to the three of these three trash receptacles… Oh well it’s worth a dream.

TXUS on July 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

If crowley voted for obama I think he deserves whatever he gets out of this- he may have voted stupidly

Ris4victory on July 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

sandee on July 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Unfortunately … Crowley is a Lib who voted for Obama … so I have heard. Don’t know him personally.

ORrighty on July 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Wrong!!!!

Sgt Crowley responds to Obama
At 2:12 “I didn’t vote for him”

izoneguy on July 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Beer was George Bush’s kryptonite. What a sad, undisciplined man. If he sponsored this he would be wearing a lampshade and then pass out on the front lawn. Then he would pray for forgiveness and the sun would come out.

simplesimon on July 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

What kind of loser makes fun of a man who was strong enough to recognize his own weakness and fought to overcome it? You are absolute trash. Your comment literally makes me sick.

TXMomof3 on July 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

And, yeah, Obama’s team shows how out of touch his team is by not picking beer brands owned by American companies. Yuengling and Sam Adams are still family owned and Genesee (High Falls Brew. Co.) is owned by a New York investment company. Actually considering Obama’s fondness for arugula, I’m surprised it wasn’t some kind of elitist craft beer.

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Wow, Gates is a prick. First off, Mr. Brilliance, it’s “Sgt. Crowley and I,” not “me”. Secondly, he’s STILL attempting to cast this whole episode as a racial profiling thing? Truly, birds of a feather flock together, because he, like Obama, continue with the same storyline and the same tired rhetoric even when it’s been PROVEN false.

LiquidH2O on July 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Obama had to kiss Biden ass, to get Biden to broker the phone call between Obama and Crowley. Obama called Biden, Biden called Big Cheese in national cop group, who called union rep for Crowley’s cell phone number.

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

He really has no idea how much more writing like that is gonna make everyone hate him, does he? Amazing.

AdrianG on July 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Wow, Gates is unbelievable. First off, Mr. Brilliance, it’s “Sgt. Crowley and I,” not “me”. Secondly, he’s STILL attempting to cast this whole episode as a racial profiling thing? Truly, birds of a feather flock together, because he, like Obama, continue with the same storyline and the same tired rhetoric even when it’s been PROVEN false.

LiquidH2O on July 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

As far as the gates update. Thats a good statement. Is he just covering his butt. Who knows

Greed on July 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

TXUS on July 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Nice to see folks who believe in the Fourth Amendment. Actually, authoritarians like you wish there weren’t Miranda warnings. Just lock ‘em up, force ‘em to talk, and who cares if they ask for a lawyer. Lawyers are just scum anyway who help criminals go free. Make sure you carry a throw down and stop by the evidence desk to have evidence you can plant.

And folks say I’m a cop hater. You think they should be gangsters.

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Gates sure is one class A bullsh/t artist isn’t he?

RobCon on July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

PHOTO-OP ACCOMPLISHED

ScottMcC on July 30, 2009

???Photo-OP???
I’m not so sure. This is surreal. I am telling you. Every freaking day it’s another wingnut in the soup.
The President of the United States of America sticks both feet in his mouth by commenting on some guy(who cares if it’s his friend! We’re talking the POTUS here,, the most so called powerful man in the whole world!),,, the President of the United States of America sticks his nose in some tiny little disorderly conduct arrest,,, lowers himself and the office to calling the arresting police stupid and then keeps it going by bringing the arresting officer and the perp to the White House. There they sit in front of the entire world having beer served. Just sitting there,, our POTUS and this perp and his arresting officer,,, sitting there while China watches, Iran watches, Russia, the entire freaking world watches our POTUS drinking beer on the lawn of the White House cause he stuck both feet in his mouth.
because this POTUS felt the need to inject himself in this tiny minuscule thing. I mean,, hey,, what’s a POTUS for anyway?! It’s not like the world is on fire or anything.
This is freaking funny! Hilarious!! I am laughing so freaking hard!!

JellyToast on July 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I’m sure this has already been brought up already, but I just gotta say it:

The very guy, Gates, that started this “thousand narratives” on Race, by bringing Race into the situtation, now say that he had nothing to do with those “thousand narratives” on Race?

*scratches head…*

catmman on July 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Yes. Crowley is the common man, and you’re the dickhead with his brain located in his anus.

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

simplesimon on July 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

TXMomof3 on July 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

When these liberal sheeple have nothing else to say–no defense for their inept leaders, no reasoned response for Democrats’ terrible legislation, they retreat to their default: Blame Bush (George W. and Laura). Losers.

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

REALLY? Next time try being polite in your disagreement with a police officer (or anyone for that matter).

Typical liberal douchebag….”It’s not my fault!!!”

Fighton03 on July 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Gates, the moron:

LOL. This is what passes for the worl of a “scholar” at Harvard? What a joke. Gates had no control over the fact that he is a racist POS who is unable to behave like a civilized human being. That ain’t no metaphor, Hank.

Anyone who has respect left for Harvard after reading this tripe is just beyond me.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Gates sure is one class A bullsh/t artist isn’t he?

RobCon on July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

No….actually he’s very BAD at it.

Fighton03 on July 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Remind me of a time when Bush had to ask anybody for a visit to cover an insult of his. I never heard any complaint that any guest at the Bush White House was denied a cocktail or dinner wine because the Boss was too sad and undisciplined to serve his guests booze while he abstained.

Chris_Balsz on July 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Uh huh. Sadly, the Decider had to go hide under the covers every night at 8 before the Booze Demons came out.

simplesimon on July 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Gates sure is one used to be a class A bullsh/t artist wasn’t isn’t he?

RobCon on July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

FIFY

No one’s buying the bull anymore

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Bishop on July 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I have a small embroidery shop and if someone asked me to put Obama on some apparel, I would. There are jobs I wouldn’t do, but I work for people with whom I politically or religiously disagree all the time. I’m not a bigot, I’ll work for cops.

I think Sgt. Crowley should milk this for all it’s worth. He might be able to get a tv or radio gig – he’s certainly more articulate than Joe The Plumber. At the very least, he should get a deal with Townhall or some other syndicate, selling an opinion column to conservative outlets.

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Dear LiquidH20,

The only instance in which Gates used the phrase, “Sgt. Crowley and me” is in this sentence: “It is incumbent upon Sergeant Crowley and me . . .” This is the correct grammar. Gates would not say, “It is incumbent upon I . . .” I am letting you off with a warning this time, but next time I will have to write you a citation.

GrammarPolice on July 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

ORrighty on July 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I’m way behind on the thread, but Crowley definitively says he did not vote for Obama at about 2:14 on this video:

Scroll down for video

Missy on July 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Actually, authoritarians like you wish there weren’t Miranda warnings.

Miranda warnings .. what a joke. The miranda warning is about the most well-known set of English sentences in the world, thanks to them showing up in tens of thousands of movies and TV shows that are seen the world over. Most people know the warnings by the time they’re 7 years old, and even non-English speakers can recite them phonetically from having watched American movies. And yet, you idiots would claim that Americans aren’t aware of these rights. LOL.

Personally, I love it when lawyers try to get off by claiming they weren’t Mirandized. That really takes the cake.

Just lock ‘em up, force ‘em to talk, and who cares if they ask for a lawyer.

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Hey, genius, the miranda warnings don’t give anyone rights. They have those rights, with or without the warnings. Man, are you dumb.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

No wonder Gates and Obama are buds.

And most importantly, I’m sure Oprah approves and Michelle Obama is proud of her country once again.

Feel the love. /barf

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Bury’s motto: You foolsome of the people some of the time and you jerk the rest off. (Geo. Carlin)

thomasaur on July 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

The excerpt of the Gates statement is well crafted…if you accept the premise that “It is incumbent upon Sergeant Crowley” to do anything. I was intrigued enough to click the link and read the whole thing…

…To find out that it’s a saccharine attempt to urge all Americans to “move on”.

RushBaby on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

And folks say I’m a cop hater.

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

If it’s any consolation, they say much worse when you’re not around. At least they were in a thread last night.

Ronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

And I’m sure that whole “consent to search” thing annoys you just as much.

Good grief. Do you value your rights or not?

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I just cannot get over the hilarity of this. All these people watching with baited breath!!111
“Look,, here comes the beer!”
“Who’s gonna drink it first!”
“Oh My! The arresting officer picked up his glass!!”
“Look! Obama grabbed some nuts!!”
“Oh my! Biden just drooled on his shirt!”
“Hey what’s the perp saying?? I can’t hear? I wonder if he’s educating his arresting officer about black nationalism!”
“I wonder if the arresting officer feels sorry yet!?”
“Look,, Obama grabbed some more nuts!”

JellyToast on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Jackson. Sharpton. Wright. Gates. Obama. Race pimps?

Naah.

TXUS on July 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

This is the correct grammar.

Agreed. “Me” is correct in a prepositional phrase, which was the case here with “upon” as the preposition.

Missy on July 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I think Crowley during his phone conversation with Obama threw in a ‘maybe I’ll come over for a beer,’ and Obama jumped on it to try to be an ‘average joe.’ God Bless Officer Crowley for standing up to these putz’s and his wonderful co-workers for backing him. He still looks like a hero to me even though he drinks Blue Moon.

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

“Look! Obama grabbed some nuts!!”

JellyToast on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Gates’ nuts?

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Did Biden show the world the trick he can do with his armpit?

Chuck Schick on July 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

This is Barry’s big accomplishment of his presidency, thus far.

Have a nice time on Martha’s Vineyard, Mister President, you’ve earned it!

Christien on July 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Obama’s toast:

Here’s to you; here’s to me…
Best of friends we’ll always be…
If by chance we still disagree…
To hell with you..here’s to me…

Rockygold on July 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Are these guys playing quarters?

“so, do you like that dark beer?”
“Well, yeah you cracker, I do like the dark beer? I hear your mama likes dark beer too–least that’s what she said last night.”

ted c on July 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

George Washington is spinning in his grave tonight.

ted c on July 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Why does he get to have beer with the president and be on tv?

They should just take away his badge and let him do some time in the federal penitentary instead!

He arrested a guy for breaking into his own house?

I’m sick of cops abusing their authority!

MaximusConfessor on July 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Crowley, Gates, Obama
Sit down for a beer summit
Journalists are stooges

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

MaximusConfessor on July 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

For a second, I might consider that you’re being sarcastic.

Then I remember that you’re SaintOlaf, and no one ever knows what will come out of your mouth, except for anti-semitism and degrading remarks about all churches that aren’t yours.

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

SGT Crowley: in a company of fools.

ted c on July 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

A cop verses the perp, a community organizer and a lawyer.
ROTFL!!!
The cop doesn’t stand a chance!!

JellyToast on July 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

This is one of the stupidest moments in politics. Ever.

brak on July 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Biden shouldn’t be there.

bridgetown on July 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Gates and Obama are now on their way to Martha’s Vineyard I wonder if they are going to have another beer.

Brat4life on July 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM

bridgetown on July 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

See post above. Biden brokered the phone call between Obama and Crowley. Obama had to kiss Biden ass.

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM

He arrested a guy for breaking into his own house?

MaximusConfessor on July 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

No he didn’t.

Ronnie on July 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Biden shouldn’t be there.

bridgetown on July 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Literally.

TXMomof3 on July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Obama is a deceiver, a dissembler
His Mom trousers are alight
From what poll or banner
Shall they dangle in the night?

What infernal serpent
Has lent him his forked tongue?
From what pit of foul deceit
Have all his whoppers sprung?

What red devil of mendacity
Grips his sick soul with such tenacity?
Will not one he so cruelly showers with lies
Put a can of Bud between his eyes?

PercyB on July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Scroll down for video

Missy on July 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I thought he must have voted for Obama, too, because he said “I support Obama 110%” at some point. That may be where everyone is getting it from.

Count to 10 on July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Actually, those rights weren’t established until Miranda v. Arizona. You’re accurate that Miranda doesn’t obligate the boilerplate warning, but it does say that if the interrogated subject is not told that he has a right to an attorney and that he does not have to incriminate himself, whatever he says is inadmissible. TV shows typically have arresting officers give the warning, but a warning doesn’t have to be given until the subject is “interrogated”. So things that are said before someone is interrogated may still be admissible if offered voluntarily.

I may be dumb, but I can read the law.

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Well I’ve got two questions, allah:

1. After Biden had a beer, what was the over/under on how long before he asked one of the other three gentlemen at the table to pull his finger, and

2. Which one did he ask?

radjah shelduck on July 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

For a second, I might consider that you’re being sarcastic.

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

You would almost think his comments are calculated to offend the largest number of people possible, while still remaining generally in theme.

Count to 10 on July 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Good grief. Do you value your rights or not?

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Good grief. Do you believe that a lawyer doesn’t know what rights he has? What sort of lawyer is that?

Do you think before you type?

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Then I remember that you’re SaintOlaf…
MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I called that guy out one night. I’m still waiting for his #ss to pick me up in his express taxi to Utopia.

RushBaby on July 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Carter Administration ……. Billy Beer
Obama Administration ……… Billy-club Beer

fogw on July 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM

gates: wow, this beer is great..and less filing too.

crowley: it tastes great!

gates: …less filing!

crowley: TASTES GREAT!

and over goes bubber mouth jod, the picnic table and barroom barry as the melee ensues! can’t these two just get along?

DrW on July 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM

bridgetown on July 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

tessa on July 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM

See post above..what? got a time stamp for me at least?

bridgetown on July 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM

His Mom trousers are alight

PercyB on July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Brilliant

RushBaby on July 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM

MaximusConfessor on July 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Members of the jury, loyal Hotair subjects, the honorable Allahpundit and lead council for the prosecution, MaximusConfessor, the prisoner at the bar, one Sergeant Crowley, who will be henceforth and forever more referred to as that racist Honkey trash, stands accused of trying to make Barack Obama, our Dear Leader with the Certification of Live Immaculate Conception, look bad by failing to confirm his stereotypes of white devils, thereby and with malice of forethought, molesting, tormenting, and otherwise annoying our beloved Dear Leader. Sentence first. Verdict afterwards. Off with that racist Honkey trash’s head!

Good job for the prosecution, MaximusConfessor! We couldn’t have done it without you. You may have your cupcake now.

Cheshire Cat on July 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

And folks say I’m a cop hater. You think they should be gangsters.
rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

No, tool, I and every conservative I know loves the 4th Amendment and indeed every other one, and the document to which they are appended. We even agree with Miranda warnings, just in case we’ve lost it for a moment after throwing some lead into a waste can like you.

TXUS on July 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Do you believe this sh*t? Gates goes beserk in an incident that has nothing to do with either racial profiling or racism, yet he and Crowley are now metaphors for those matters.

Who the hell is this guy kidding?

I say let the guy get back to Cambridge, reinstate the charges, slap the cuffs on him, and make him post bail.

Gates is a total loser.

BuckeyeSam on July 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM

roke:

Cheer up. I am sure if Gates ever needs a cop to come to his house, no one will. Not without a diversity expert, a reporter, and several witnesses. And even then it would be more than Gates deserves.

Tell me, were you one of the people making death threats against the neighbor? After all, it is your phone and if you want to use your phone to terrorize someone you have the right to do so by God.

I mean honestly. All Gates had to do was act like a sane person and none of this would have happened.

BTW, I hear Gates is planning a documentary about this. Money…honey.

Terrye on July 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM

It’s obvious to everyone that Sgt. Crowley is George W. Bush in disguise and so Obama can now blame this on W. as well.

angryed on July 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Based on the idea that people don’t know their rights. But most Americans do know their rights. It is farcical to pretend that they don’t. And my point about lawyers trying to get off for not having been mirandized goes to the heart of what I’m saying.

Again, the great bulk of Americans know that they have the right to not say anything and to see a lawyer. It is crazy to imply otherwise.

I may be dumb, but I can read the law.

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

I congratulate you on your literacy. You can read what your rights are and don’t need a cop to be forced to tell them to you. But you would still argue, dishonestly, that you didn’t know you had the right to not speak if you screwed up and said something wrong at the wrong time. And that’s my point.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Ahhhh, Deus Ex Machina. It’s easy when you’re just a toy of the gods…

karl9000 on July 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I may be dumb,

rokemronnie on July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

angryed on July 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Did Biden suggest a game of quarters?

Mr. Joe on July 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Did Biden suggest a game of quarters?

Mr. Joe on July 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Beer Pong.

….. better yet, for this crowd, Liar’s Poker.

fogw on July 30, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Brat4life on July 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM

The beer was just for show (to prove their “average Joe” creds to the gullible public). Once they’re out of public view they’ll be ordering some government flunkie to bring them some bottles of expensive wine (paid for by taxpayers, of course), so they can toast each other’s brilliance and laugh together about how they’ve put one over on whitey once again.

AZCoyote on July 30, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Awesome. President O’bama is the bartender.

“can I get this freshened up Barry?”

Didn’t WE buy the beer?

portlandon on July 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Did anyone see…who ended up drinking the most?

Rockygold on July 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Do you think before you type?

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Why sometimes our dear lady Madison can type six whole comments without thinking and that is just counting before breakfast.

Cheshire Cat on July 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Speaking of rights, think how different things might have been if Gates had just remained silent.

Terrye on July 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Awesome. President O’bama is the bartender.

portlandon on July 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Drudge has the headline: Bartender in Chief.

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Cheshire Cat on July 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Isn’t Madison a gentleman?

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

What an insufferable ass.

Jim Treacher on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Isn’t Madison a gentleman?

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Not according to the jury!

Cheshire Cat on July 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

God Bless Officer Crowley, for he has a place in Heaven.

The two black racists and the dumb, dishonest white guy? It is not so written.

Big picture, folks. :o)

David2.0 on July 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Does anyone think Prof. Gates will call on Sgt. Crowley if he should need anything from the police?

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Isn’t Madison a gentleman?

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

For the most part but when he isn’t he is still wonderful.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Yes you do “control” it. Race baiting and crying racial wolf were committed by your own volition. You did not have to do it. You chose to exercise control over the situation by a series of poor choices.

Guardian on July 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Cheshire Cat on July 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Whoa.

MadCon’s a chick?

I learn something new…heh

JetBoy on July 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Sounds like this so-called healing summit went as flat as the beer they were serving.

pilamaye on July 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Professor Gates was cut off in mid sentence. Here is the complete transcript.

Sergeant Crowley and I, through an accident of time and place, have been cast together, inextricably, as characters – as metaphors, really – in a thousand narratives about race over which he and I have absolutely no control, because we all know that whites are all racists down to their DNA, especially Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh, and will never stop oppressing powerless law abiding Black people like me, even though I am a great Harvard professor! And if you don’t believe it, just look at my dear friend Barack Obama’s poll numbers! And after all he, the greatest President ever, has done for those God damned honkies!

Tav on July 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Would I accept an all-paid vacation if it included sitting down and having a beer with 3 morons for 5 minutes?

Depends on the beer, I guess.

David2.0 on July 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM

“Obama played only a small part,” says Crowley.

This incredible shrinking president.

Crowley to his wife: “Honey, I shrank the president.”

BuckeyeSam on July 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Isn’t Madison a gentleman?

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Not according to the jury!

Cheshire Cat on July 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

For the most part but when he isn’t he is still wonderful.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Haha. I walked into that one! ok, ok. Biologically, he is a male specimen. Better?

conservative pilgrim on July 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Depends on the beer, I guess.

David2.0 on July 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM

When you put it that way…

TXMomof3 on July 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Just when I didn’t think it was possible, we see another new low for the media… and Obama for that matter.

RightWinged on July 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM