Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on July 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

“What’s most amazing about this episode is that what Beck said isn’t a fireable or even a SUSPENDABLE offense by his bosses. There was a time when outrageous rants like this would actually cost the ranters their jobs. But not anymore; if anything, it’s now encouraged. And all of this could turn ACTUAL journalists into the next Howard Beales. It’s getting nuts that the folks who are creating the perception of an ideological/polarized media world are people who have never really spent their lives being journalists… Of course, Beck’s crazy language could have one unintended consequence: It could cost him bookings with any Republicans who want to be popular outside Beck’s hard-core bizarro-land viewers.”

***
“Just know, you are never going to shut me up.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Think Obama/Gates and Crowley.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 6:02 AM

Gates certainly came to mind.

People do choose their actions. How well they gauge how those actions will be received by others and the extent to which they care about that will largely determine how well they do in social interactions.

In this case, the most important eye of the beholder belongs to the person holding the ban hammer. Other people may see things differently but the boss is still the boss.

To paraphrase Jim Croce:

You don’t tug on Superman’s cape. You don’t spit into the wind. You don’t pull the mask off the ol’ Lone Ranger and you don’t mess around with Ed.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 6:38 AM

It wasn’t a disagreement over the frequency of the MJ threads that did him, nor do I think it was just a matter of being fooled.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 5:40 AM

“nor do I think it was just a matter of being fooled”? So unless you have misspoken then you clearly think he was fooled for some time. Seems like a highly dubious conclusion to come to to me.

I just looked at the banning thread in question, going there from a link that someone earlier had posted. This is how it starts -

I’m tired of all the demands from the closed-minded, telling us we should ignore this tremendous talent taken from us far too soon. Stop the resentment, people. Unlock your hearts and give this man his due.

How being something of a student of the art of deception myself, I can see right off, and I do mean right off, that it is highly unlikely that this is directly a thread on Michael Jackson as the “deception” to this ruse is way, way, way, way overdone, and I would think that many others, such as this MB4, would have caught that right away too as it is so very obvious. It is so extremely obvious in fact that maybe it was meant to be very obvious?

“the closed-minded”: way overdone.

“this tremendous talent”: way, way, way overdone.

“taken from us far too soon”: way, way overdone.

“Stop the resentment, people.”: way overdone.

“Unlock your hearts”: way, way overdone.

Not just one, but several way overdone superlatives.

It was clearly much too oversold and fawning about Michael Jackson to be legitimate. Totally lacking in subtlety. Like trying to pass a 25 year old car off as a 5 year old car instead of trying to pass a 10 year old car off as a 5 year old car. It is just too obvious.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 6:42 AM

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 5:40 AM
semloh on July 30, 2009 at 6:02 AM

This is sad, I remember the remarks MB4 was making that night and I thought he was joking. The running joke on the thread was that people weren’t reading it and alternately complaining about another thread about MJ or telling people to leave MJ alone. Ed even posted several times through out the thread. It seemed like a good-natured thread. I have also looked back at the thread and see no evidence of MB4 there. It’s a mystery (pun intended) and maybe there was some private email correspondence in the mix.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Vast majority of whites don’t know what racism is because they have not experienced it

liberal343 on July 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Is the sun hot? Have you been there?

anuts on July 30, 2009 at 6:50 AM

It was clearly much too oversold and fawning about Michael Jackson,( to what was “suppose” to be to some “tricked” readers), to be legitimate.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 6:42 AM

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 6:51 AM

All I know is that I miss MB4 and if he is lurking I hope he knows he is missed.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 6:53 AM

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Floating Rock seemed to believe that MB4 was fooled for some time due to his inability to see the video. That is what I was addressing.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Does anyone have a link to Beck’s explanation of his comments from his radio show yesterday? I really want to hear them, but the link at the top of this page doesn’t seem to work.

WesternActor on July 30, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 6:44 AM

That does ring a bell. He did often like to joke around. Going from very joking to very serious and back and forth. Sometimes his joking was obvious but sometimes subtle, and sometimes serious and joking mixed together.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Cindy, I recall being a bit surprised at the time by the bannishment and not certain at first that it happened. I’ve seen people get away with things I thought were worse.

One thing I have seen several times is bloggers banning people they felt were insulting them. It’s an offense that goes beyond mere disagreement. I think that may be what happened here.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:00 AM

WesternActor on July 30, 2009 at 6:56 AM

What I had to do was download the file the link went to to my computer and use Windows Media Player to play it.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:03 AM

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Could be I suppose, but I think rather unlikely. As I said the “trick” was too overdone, too extreme with all Ed’s superlatives, almost “worship like” of MJ, and I don’t think Ed thought that highly of him. If I was trying to fix you up with some gal, unless you look like a young Clint Eastwood and are very rich, and said she was a “10″ in all aspects physical and mental, I think you would be pretty sure I was trying to set you up. Now if I said she was an “8″, you might fall for it. If you follow me.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Hey Allah, it is what it is, the truth.

Beck is trying something new in media, he is telling it like it is.
We have come to this low point in our culture because we have been spoon fed lies and 1/2 truths.

We are taught to ignore the obvious.

Our media, schools and representatives are lost.

TheSitRep on July 30, 2009 at 7:06 AM

The missing comment was a long convoluted remark about how the Croce thread was just a mask for another MJ thread but it had so many layers to it that I can’t imagine anyone thought it was serious. When I don’t understand something I assume I am missing some information. I hope that’s the case here,I don’t like to think badly of anyone. I have to jump in the shower and go to work while I am still employed. I hope you have a great day.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 7:08 AM

think is funny when a white person calls a black man racist like they know what racism is

liberal343 on July 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I think it is hysterical that you somehow think a person that has more melanin than some of us of northern European extraction can’t be racist. I think that means YOU don’t know what the word means.

Noelie on July 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM

You may be right. He could possibly be a birther, (I’m not sure), regardless, that apparently isn’t why he was banned, (if he was at all). And besides, I noticed today that some of my favorite members, that also happen to be birthers, were still present today in spite of the recent threads ridiculing the subject, so I don’t think that topic has anything to do with the possibility he was banned. The Croce thread was before the HA push against Birtherism.

I can attest to the fact that there’s no “birther” purge going on. How could they throw us out? We’re keeping the site intellectually honest. The Suppressor arguments don’t go much deeper than, “bla, bla, birther, bla, birther … shut up, birther!” It’s gotten kind of funny, though still sad. Frankly, I expected more from the bloggers, here.

I’m not a Birther, I never have been,

You make it sound like a disease. :)

yet only a few weeks ago I said here that Obama should reveal his birth certificate. Why wouldn’t he?

Well, if you ask Allah or Ed or any of the Suppressors, they’ll tell you that The Precedent isn’t releasing his birth certificate, because he’s an evil genius who is setting up poor, innocent conservatives of good faith by smearing them with addled fools, like myself. The Suppressors claim that this is a concerted effort by the most inept administration, ever, to carefully and secretly cultivate a patch of wild-eyed “birthers”, who have the audacity to have a court officially examine and verify that The Precedent is a natural born citizen (which he isn’t, because dual citizenship obviates natural born status, as any reasonable examination of the situation will lead one to), in order to paint the bulk of innocent, by-standing conservatives as insane by association, of some sort. And then they call me a conspiracy theorist!

(I haven’t paid any attention to the controversy so am not aware of all the facts.) Then I learned that apparently Hawaii destroyed all their birth certificates a few years ago for some reason.

This was an interesting part. Nothing was destroyed. What happened was that CNN told Lou Dobbs to shut up about the birth certificate. They told Dobbs that CNN had already investigated the whole thing, back in the campaign or something, and had found out that Hawaii had destroyed all of the paper records back when they digitized them back in 2001. So, there was no birth certificate to find and Lou Dobbs ought to just shut the hell up.

Then, two days after, Hawaii says that they didn’t destroy anything and that Fukino person said, after a year of silence, that she was staring at the allegedly destroyed, never seen, birth certificate that very moment – and that The Precedent was a natural born citizen (which is odd, because natural born is a Constitutional classification, not a medical of state one). Weird, huh?

Does that make me a Birther? Because I’m not.

Come join the dark side. It’s smarter over here. All you have to do is accept the idea that dual citizens are ineligible to be President – which is obviously the sort of restriction the Founders would have included, as they didn’t even allow normal American dual-citizens. Everything else follows from that.

That statement by MB4 doesn’t prove he was a birther, and it doesn’t seem to be a factor anyway so it’s immaterial.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2009 at 4:16 AM

MB4 understands the eligibiity issue and he also knows that people are trying to ignore the Constitution. But MB4′s big thing is that he sees The Precedent as a new Musolini – Barackito Obamalini. (And he’s pretty dead on with it, except that The Precedent is more into destruction than power grabbing).

I highly doubt that MB4 got banned for any of these political ideas, and, unless there were comments deleted from the Croce thread, I didn’t see any banning offense there – though Ed’s “troll” comment was really weird. I was starting to worry that MB4 had taken ill, since he would not cease all commenting unless he was banned, took sick, or was unable to get online, for some weird reason. It would be nice to know what the story is.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM

Backwoods conservative, follow this and I think you will know what I mean.

Hey Cindy Munford, babe, is this your lucky day! I’m 6’4″, Blond, Blue eyes, 6-pack, rich, IQ 180, love all animals and small chilren, PhD, multi millionaire, doctor, special forces, noble prize winner and I think we should get together.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 7:05 AM

I get your drift. A lot of people did fall for it and think it was MJ. My only difficulty was guessing whether Ed meant Jim Croce or Harry Chapin. Croce was my second choice.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I rarely see or read Glenn Beck, and never miss him.

But I do miss MB4.

Loxodonta on July 30, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I get your drift. A lot of people did fall for it and think it was MJ.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM

MB4 knew it was Jim Croce in the picture. I’m sure of that. But his point (I woudl gather) was that it was a funny little joke to fool some people who didn’t know it, but that joke wasn’t enough to carry a thread. There just isn’t that much about Jim Croce that people are gopig to talk about, probably, and so the thread would just naturally fall back into MJ talk. I agree with this, though I don’t think that Ed planned it. But, there’s only so much Croce people can discuss. Then it’s all MJ, because that’s the other part of the post, the implied part. That’s all MB4 was saying.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM

Actually, progressoverpeace, I am of the suspicion that “Cheshire Cat”, I think you have probably seen that rascal, is really MB4 as it would be right up his alley, no pun intended. I seem to recall him using some of that very same “schtic” (spelling?) before “Cheshire Cat” appeared after a new open registration and he stopped using it at about the same time.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 7:23 AM

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Those of us who still feel great sadness over Croce’s death can do considerable talking about him. You’re selling him short. As it turned out, the thread evolved into an exciting discussion of old cars.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM

MB4 knew it was Jim Croce in the picture.

I don’t think he necessarily knew it was specifically Croce, but I think he knew it wasn’t Jackson. As I said up thread, too many overdone exaggerated superlatives from Ed to be about Jackson. I certainly wasn’t fooled. And it didn’t even really look like Jackson either.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM

I believe you are exactly right, Watson. That is basically what I said before but I was maybe to windy.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 7:32 AM

As it turned out, the thread evolved into an exciting discussion of old cars.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Well, I would never have foreseen that part. My reasoning powers aren’t nearly that good.

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 7:35 AM

semloh on July 30, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Hmmm. I like Cheshire Cat. Very clever. I don’t know ….

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM

I didn’t mean any disrespect for Croce. I wasn’t a huge fan, but I loved a few of his songs and I remember, a bit, how people reacted when he died. But that was a long time ago. I was just laying out what I think MB4′s line of thinking was.

progressoverpeace on July 30, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Beck is a clown, not a journalist.

Dave Rywall on July 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Beck is a clown, not a journalist.

Dave Rywall on July 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Odd delivery, but he’s right on his facts and he’s “on” to Obama and his cabal.

marklmail on July 30, 2009 at 7:52 AM

If Ed Banned Entelechy, I am so gone from here! I would consider it an honor to be banned along side Ent. I only wish I knew if she were commenting somewhere else, but this is the only political blog I frequent.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM

MB4 and Ent weren’t banned

They probably just, who knows, moved on

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 7:53 AM

While we’re on the subject of missing people, does anybody know why Maxx hasn’t been seen around here lately?

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Beck is a clown, not a journalist.

Dave Rywall on July 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM

ROTFLMAO… Beck has never claimed to be a journalist, he is a entertainer, and is proud of the fact that he got his start as a Rodeo Clown. Shame the rest of the clowns pretending to be journalist cant be so honest about what they are.

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Beck is a clown, not a journalist.

Dave Rywall on July 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM

rename yourself David DRYwall because your sh!t is so boring

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Beck is a clown, not a journalist.

Dave Rywall on July 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Dave Rywall:The truth hurts Dave,and he is right about
Obama.Obama’s entire theme was racial through
out his campaigning,Hope and Change was a ruse.

canopfor on July 30, 2009 at 7:59 AM

They probably just, who knows, moved on

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I miss Entelechy, I suspect she moved on because she lost faith in Allahpundits conservative objectivity.

Allahpundit wasnt hired to run HA because he is a conservative or a conservative cheerleader. He was hired because of his rather amazing ability to generate traffic and provoke discussion.

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Would somebody kick Ed out of bed and tell him its time for a new thread…. Please…. ;P

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 8:03 AM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM

doriangrey: I as well,really miss Entelechy,Miss’E'!!

The last time she was on,she had family
visisting! So I don’t know where she is,
but she is missed around here!:)

canopfor on July 30, 2009 at 8:04 AM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Well, it’s clear he’s con.

Some people get bored, who knows.

Some people leave all huffy and puffy.

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM

You know, I have to admit. After listening to that segment, I’m going to start regularly listening to his radio show whenever possible. It’s naturally not on any local radio stations, but his approach has the bite and affability of Rush without the ego.

MadisonConservative on July 29, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Beck has ego. If you listen regularly the “I predicted this” can get to be a bit too much. Also, he thinks he is the first person to discover that one can learn things from reading books. He means well, but is somewhat insulting.

myrenovations on July 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Beck’s morning show is non-stop eye-rolling snark and he is talking to people who probably didn’t see much value in reading history or political novels because our fine educational system beat the desire to learn more and keep current out of them. He’s probably gotten more people to pick up off the beaten path books than Oprah and he’s much less lofty about it. It reminds me a lot of my kids when they read a book and insist I read it too because they want to talk about it and they can’t if I haven’t read it yet. Fortunately for their attention span issues, I’m a fast reader.

Beck also pushes books in part to cover his ass because – and he says this at least once every day – don’t take my word for it, research for yourself. And people comply and do teh research, because they’ve been lied to so many times by politicians and the media that it’s impossible to trust anyone anymore. He’s positioned himself outside the political parties – outside the system in general. I’ve said this before. Beck is like that great highschool teacher you may have been lucky enough to have who entertains you while making you think. Mark Levin is squarely conservative and a staunch supporter of pure Republicanism and his show is like an advanced college course in philosophy, politics and history. When he goes off the air at 9 pm I always have this strange feeling that I should be reading the next days assignment for class tomorrow and reviewing for a test. Levin knows his shit inside and out, Beck is learning it and geeking out at the wonder of the information he’s discovering.

Both are extremely talented. And. They seem to hate each other – which is entertaining as hell for the audience because neither will ever come out directly and say it. they use music, double entendres and asides that are fun to catch if you know what they are doing.

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Really? I haven’t listened much in the past two months cause schools out and I’m not in the car as many hours. Beck and Levin don’t like each other?

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM

Of course Beck is right. But when he talks about the new MSM definition of what a racist is, Obama misses that def because of two major disqualifiers… He is black (being any other protected minority would do as well), and he is a lefty.
With those two ‘get outta being a racist free cards’ firmly intact, Odumdum could do or say about anything insulting to whites and get a pass. Still….. He is a racist and it is provable as Glenn has done here.

RalphyBoy on July 30, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Allah you dislike Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin, and who cares what you think? Glenn Beck is saying what he believes based on a mountain of evidence, evidence you and others simply do not want to see. It is this or you do not want to offend the elites whose approval you seek. Either way you are wrong and I think Glenn Beck is doing more to expose the corruption than ANYONE else.

ReaganConservative3 on July 30, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Both are extremely talented. And. They seem to hate each other –

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM

It’s unfortunate. I admire Levin, but hold it against him when he bashes Beck. Maybe I’m missing something, but I have yet to hear Beck bash Levin.

I enjoy Beck’s radio show more than the afternoon show on FNC. In the morning it’s fun to hear him working through some of the thoughts he presents later on FNC. Beck was a couple years ahead of the curve on the economy, and he’s obviously ahead of the curve now on Barackito Obamalini.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:24 AM

chuck todd. blow up doll for the administration. There’s a credible opinion.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Beck and Levin don’t like each other?

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM

Can’t.stand.each.other.

At first I thought it was all Levin hating on Beck, but then I realized that, after Levin does one of his hits, Beck will play one of Levin’s lead in songs. Link’n Park is the most obvious, promting Levin to search for new music like Hoobestank … and then Beck will play that out of the blue. Hannity seems to be in the uncomfortable in between spot. beck will defend himself but never ever say from who or what, but if you listen to levin – you know what. The last “explainer\defense” was for the Get off of my phone phrase. It’s signature Levin – according to Levin – and until recently never used by Beck. So when Beck said it, Levin pounced and then Beck spent two days explaining the history of who originated the phrase and how he USED to say it all the time but stopped and even went so far as to interview himself to dillute the impression of an overkill on responding to Levin while trying to appear that he’s not responding to Levin.

I may be the only person who follows this feud – it’s a hobby now. With so much in the country sucking, I have to find entertainment somewhere.

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Think the media (NBC in this case) is going to line up those soundbytes Glenn lined up and click them off one after the other to defend Beck? They sure would if it were Beck who made those statements in the past about black people.

Or are the going to pretend none of that ever happened because, after all, Barack Obama is “post racial?”

You have to pretend none of that ever happened and that we live in a vacuum in order to pretend Beck is being totally out of line.

Good Lt on July 30, 2009 at 8:27 AM

MB4 and Ent weren’t banned

MB4 was around a few days ago. As far as entelechy, what the heck would she be banned for?

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Actually, no. The last one was Levin snarking Beck for only just discovering that “the statists are transforming this country”. I shall tune into Beck to hear how he responds – because he will. *g*

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:30 AM

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Beck’s interview of himself was one of his cleverest/funniest routines evah!

Yep, two of Levin’s good buddies, Rush and Hannity, seem to want to stay out of that feud, and my hunch is they’re giving Beck a lot of support behind the scenes.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:30 AM

The last “explainer\defense” was for the Get off of my phone phrase.

Actually, I listened to Beck years ago (before Levin had a national radio show and when he was just starting in NYC on 770).

Beck has been screaming that as part shtick and part genuine frustration before Levin was.

I like both – and think Beck is much better on radio than on TV. Different shows entirely.

Good Lt on July 30, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Beck is a clown, not a journalist.

Dave Rywall on July 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I think Glenn Beck is doing more to expose the corruption than ANYONE else.

ReaganConservative3 on July 30, 2009 at 8:21 AM

I’m told he’s clown like when he walks
But is very outspoken when he talks
Is he a dolt? No, he’s very deep!
Oh, Hotair’s losing sleep!
Who is Glenn Beck and what is he up to, do tell?

Is he slow or sleek?
Enlightened or a freak?
I hear he’s steely as you please
I hear he’s really Japanese
He may be shrewd
He may be crude
Ah well, at least we know he’ll give the tyrant Obama Bloody Hell!

PercyB on July 30, 2009 at 8:36 AM

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I don’t like these dumb feuds

Oh well

le sigh

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Beck’s interview of himself was one of his cleverest/funniest routines evah!

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:30 AM

It really was. I played it back on TiVo twice. I definitely prefer the radio show to the TV. When Interviewing Pen Beck inadvertently complimented Liberty & Tryanny (Yeah I’ve heard good things about that book.)and Levin has been using that clip wrapped in angel music ever since. Hillarious. So then Beck – a few nights ago – made it a point that he never ever reads political books (like Levin’s) just to make it clear that he has not and will not read Liberty & Tyranny .. but you know he’s read it.

As I said, it’s like a soap opera. Very entertaining.

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:38 AM

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I think it’s harmless.

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Yep, I heard that and thought it sounded odd. But your explanation makes perfect sense.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I think it’s harmless.

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

No, I know

I doubt they do any damage, and are probably entertaining

I just think its the wrong time

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:44 AM

I think it’s harmless.

BrideOfRove on July 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Pretty much, I think too. My guess is that Mark’s a little jealous and miffed at being somewhat overtaken by Glenn’s success.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM

doriangrey on July 30, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Hugh Hewitt said on his show the other day that he had bought baseball tickets for Dwayne and Ed so he may be in California and too early to get out of bed.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I like Mark
but sometimes I get tired of his “I’m a big jerk” schtick

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM

I do have to read lib and tyranny one of these days, though

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Personally, I have no problem with Beck telling viewers what he honestly believes to be the truth. Obama’s “acted stupidly” comment was not presidential, was made without knowing the facts, and has very serious consequences for police officers in every city across our nation. The media is accusing the woman who made the 911 call of being a racist. This President has used the race card repeatedly, stirring the flames of bitterness and anger between blacks and whites.

Shouldn’t Beck be allowed to speak what he believes to be the truth. Isn’t that how these issues come to the table where people are forced to have healthy discussions. Are we really headed for a day when people are judged by their character rather than the color of their skin? Does the President’s behavior prove to us that racism is a tool, and the goal is just bullshit.

Keemo on July 30, 2009 at 9:09 AM

By the way, Rush stated that President Obama is lying through his teeth… Beck says Obama is a racist. Rush says Obama is lying purposely. Are we now going to throw both of these mega voices under the bus? Sheesh!

Keemo on July 30, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Beck has become increasingly wacko. Oh well, ratings must be tough to come by.

AnninCA on July 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM

AnninCA on July 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Beck’s ratings are higher than ever before. I don’t expect you’d know why Ann, but I must tell to my story.

Here in Montana, Beck is huge. Upon moving here (4) years ago, I started listening to Beck in the time slot that used to be filled by Hugh Hewitt when I lived in Ca… I liked him, although I missed listening to Hewitt. About two years ago, Beck started in with rants about where the Democrat controlled Congress was taking the country, along with those rants, Beck was telling us that the Republicans were in on the deal also. The rants got crazier and crazier to the point where I started listening to Savage in that time slot.

Most of Beck’s rants from two years ago are now a reality we’re all dealing with. Beck told us what was happening before anybody else did. This is why his ratings are going up rather than down.

Keemo on July 30, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I listened to the entire ” outrageous rant”. I heard opinion (Obama is a racist) and fact. What part of that was crazy language, AP, the opinion or the facts? Or was it that Beck had the stones to say things that offend your limp-wristed sensibilities. Please tell us exactly what part of that should have gotten him fired. In your infinite wisdom, tell us exactly where his freedom of speech ends. At your eardrums?

SKYFOX on July 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Interesting. For me, getting used to Beck’s style was far easier than getting used to Levin’s. In fact, I didn’t start listening to Mark until a few months ago because I couldn’t get past his style.

Lib and Tyranny
‘s a good book. It’d be worth your while to read it, not so much because it will teach you (or most other HA regulars) new stuff, but because it will affirm what you already understand and believe.

petefrt on July 30, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Beck has become increasingly wacko. Oh well, ratings must be tough to come by.

AnninCA on July 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM

It is Barack Obama who has gone increasingly wacko. He probably was all along. A trillion is nothing but a 100 million is everything. He, the President of the United States, a Black Governor, a Black mayor, and a wealthy Black Harvard professor gang verbally lynch a $40,000.00 a year white cop for oppressing them.

Now that is wacko. And the ever growing list goes on and on and on.

HalJordan on July 30, 2009 at 9:41 AM

SKYFOX on July 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Excuse me, are you one of those people who hasn’t figured out that Allah doesn’t write the Quote of the Day? Follow the embedded link and find out who really said it.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Liberal343
I grew up conservative and Jewish in an all black neighborhood.
I’m sure I have a better grasp of “racism” than you do.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Beck’s hard-core bizarro-land viewers.”

Um, Beck has unprecedented ratings for a 5pm cable news show. And by the way, what else do you call a guy who spent 20 years in Rev. Wright’s church? What do you call a guy who accuses police of acting “stupidly” before you know the facts, simply because race was involved? That’s the POTUS himself essentially calling Crowley racist during a nationally televised presser on the big networks. Oh, and there are lots of goodies from his books.

RightWinged on July 30, 2009 at 10:03 AM

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 9:43 AM

And in the “Can’t win for losing category”

A pundit is someone who offers to mass-media his or her opinion or commentary on a particular subject area.
So Allah, your commentary is…?

Stephen M on July 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Gates is just Obama’s lip on his cupcake.

Ordering the Justice Dept. to drop their completed case against Philadelphia’s thugs, the New Black Panthers intimidating voters at the polls, is a core example of Obama’s racial opportunism that is racist.

Loretta King was selected by Assistant Attorney
General Deval L. Patrick as the Civil Rights Division’s career Deputy Assistant Attorney General in 1994. Her primary responsibilities include supervision of the Coordination and Review, Special Litigation, and Voting Rights Sections.

Introducing Loretta King
Civil Rights Forum, DOJ
Volume 9, Number 2, Summer 1995

Obama and King are out to make sure that whitey gets what whitey deserves.

Deserve?!

maverick muse on July 30, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Beck gives the right what SNL gives the left.

maverick muse on July 30, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM

The not click the link on the QOTD is probably similar to the same mental breakdown that caused people to assume Ed posted another MJ thread instead of clicking on the video and seeing that it was Croce instead.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 10:17 AM

The real radio personality story to cover is Savage, mislabeling domestic terrorists for prosecution, censorship and visa bans.

Speaking of visa bans instigated by Obama, don’t neglect the story of eviction from US of America for Hondurans who reject Zelaya’s play for dictatorship. Honduras effectively legally prevented Zelaya from achieving his intended Marxist coup. And Obama just couldn’t keep from meddling on the Marxist’s behalf.

No good deed goes unpunished by The One.

maverick muse on July 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I have been guilty of not reading entire posts or not viewing videos myself but for some reason QOTD always has a comment from someone who doesn’t get it. I have seen Allah called a plagarist because they didn’t click the link to see who wrote the article and daily someone attributes the article as Allah’s own opinion. It’s gotten kind of fun. Your absolutely right about the Croce thread, it was a text book example.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Obama invites Iran’s Sharia diplomats to the White House.

Obama expels Honduran diplomats from the USA.

maverick muse on July 30, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I have been guilty of not reading entire posts or not viewing videos myself

I try pretty hard to avoid watching the videos of Uhbamuh.

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Keemo on July 30, 2009 at 9:28 AM

To hear either Beck or Hewitt, we stream live.

More often than not, after the first half hour of Savage on radio, we stream Hewitt for half an hour.

Savage’s legal situation should be supported by all the radio and blog hosts, not just mentioned in sympathetic passing by Ingraham.

The Lays Potato Chip motto applies to Obama.
Betcha can’t eat just one.

maverick muse on July 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM

backwoods conservative on July 30, 2009 at 10:30 AM

If blind links don’t load quickly, I stop.

maverick muse on July 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM

It has been my personal belief and I have stated such, that Obama does have a problem with whites.
From his childhood idols; to his closest associates; to his choice of where he lives; to his choice of which family he married into; to his choice of church; to his use of anti-white code words; to the sides he always takes on race issues; to his unguarded comments, one common thread runs reoccurs.
To me it’s as plain as the nose on your face.
If my childhood idols were David Duke types; if my best friends all belonged to white power organizations; if I moved to an area famous for it’s anti-black residents and then called it my dream home; If my spouse felt awkward around blacks; If my church regularly disparaged blacks and blamed them for all the world’s problems; If I spoke one way in front of black audiences and then used anti-black code words in front of white audiences; If I always took the side of whites over blacks and if I said revealing things in my unguarded moments it would be so apparent and irrefutable that I have a racial problem with blacks. I would instantly be called out on it and shunned from society. And I also wouldn’t even like myself.
I don’t like Beck. He should have stayed on radio because his show is painful to watch. He comes across as a total nut with a Krusty the Klown persona. I don’t know where he’s going with this or if he’ll be able to pull it off. But imo he’s 100% correct.

OxyCon on July 30, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Nancy Armstrong MisPlaceDemocrat Passed away Nancy organized Tea Parties in Wichita and appeared on Glenn Beck she was a 13 Year Navy Veteran. I am really going to miss her. I included video of her interview.

Dr Evil on July 30, 2009 at 11:16 AM

just listened to beck’s radio piece…
simply brilliant.

jimmer on July 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM

The idea of MSNBC, employers of Keith Olberman calling another network to task over content standards is laughable.

MTinMN on July 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Pot, meet kettle…

Wyznowski on July 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

My apologies to AP for mistaking the quote as his. It read so much like him, but that is not an excuse for not reading both embeds to get the facts straight.

SKYFOX on July 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM

MB4 and Ent weren’t banned

They probably just, who knows, moved on

blatantblue on July 30, 2009 at 7:53 AM

A number of people involved in the Croce thread are under the impression that he was banned.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2009 at 8:28 AM

No, MB4 hasn’t posted in over a week according to Google. The last he posted that I’m aware of was in the Croce thread discussed above.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2009 at 1:30 PM

So when our president gets intoxicated during his beerfest, who is in charge of pushing the button? What example does this set for our youth?

workingforpigs on July 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Yes, the media is beginning to circle and fire at one another in such laughable ways that its become impossible to view ANY cable news network as having any sort of credibility.

ernesto on July 29

Anyone know if tingles tingle was in his right leg or left leg?

DSchoen on July 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM

The MSLSD talking point, all day long, was that Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sarah Palin are all racists hatemongers. How the last two got thrown into the equation because of Glen’s comments is beyond me.
BPD on July 29

It’s from the TPM.

See Obama’s falling numbers and inability to get his programs through (even with a supper majority) is solely due to RACISM and RACIST!

Nothing else.

Obama-Haters Becoming Increasingly…Racial In Their Rhetoric

Eric Kleefeld
An interesting pattern has emerged in the last few weeks, as President Obama’s ratings have started to come down to Earth: You can really see a type of Obama-hatred out there that really does cross over into a purely racial territory.

DSchoen on July 30, 2009 at 3:22 PM

So Glen Beck saying Obama has a natural bias ingrained into his personality is a fireable offense, but Herr Olbermann constantly saying that during the Bush administration (and worse) isn’t? Can MSNBC even be taken seriously anymore?

And for the record, Obama is a racist. Well, at least he holds racist beliefs. Look at the Church he went to and the people he has associated himself with. And that got buried by the media during the election.

Cr4sh Dummy on July 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM

This was Glenn Beck’s Rosie moment – let’s see how Papa Bear handles it.

Let’s see if he tells Barbara Wa Wa Roger Ailes to can her him, that she’s he’s irresponsible with her his words.

AprilOrit on July 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Beck is 100% correct. He backed up his opinions with facts that can’t be disputed unless you live in liberal la la land. If a white person made any of the statements made by BO, MO, Professor Gates, or Reverend Wright, they would clearly be labeled a racist. No doubt about it. I love people like Beck who calls it like he sees it.

Callie C. on July 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM

This is most likely the troll that got banned for throwing an ethnic slur at MM (the Boss). If anyone see’s “Bush’s Depression” in one of its post, considered it confirmed.

WashJeff on July 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, it’s the same person who was banned. The name and the inability to contain her Jew hatred gives her away.

Blake on July 31, 2009 at 5:42 PM