Report: Palin “testing the waters” for a radio deal

posted at 6:30 pm on July 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

What’s to “test”? She’ll draw the entire conservative base and a goodly chunk of the left as they tune in to channel the hate. Pay her whatever she wants and sign the deal.

Alaska’s now former Governor is coy about her future political plans, but radio is at least one option she’s leaving on the table. While not exactly shopping the GOP’s 2008 vice presidential candidate, sources say Palin representatives have been quietly testing the waters to see how much interest radio syndicators have for her.

Sources say Palin hasn’t committed to radio either, but rather it could be a possible next step for her.

I’m assuming this would mean short scripted commentaries, a la what Fred Thompson used to do when he subbed for Paul Harvey. A live show, especially if she took calls, would be … mind-boggling, and riveting. I’d honestly pay to listen. Plus, think how good she’d be in interviews after a few months of trial by fire fielding calls from deranged Palin-haters. “Line one, we have Andrew from Provincetown. Andrew, I understand you want to know who really carried my son Trig to term.”

The one downside of a live show: Lots of “whining” about the media. Lots.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I think it had to do with the fact that the Job sucked and she wanted to get out

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM

A true leader. When the going gets tough, quit.

jonknee on July 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I don’t buy the money aspect of this…
She already signed on to a very profitable book deal before leaving office….

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM
—————————–
Yeah whatever..

She took her life back, it’s done and she’s moved on.

meerkat on July 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM

quit.

jonknee on July 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

POUND THE MEME TILL IT STICKS AXLEROD!

daesleeper on July 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

jonknee on July 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I don’t think it was necessary tough for her to do the job, rather it had more to do with disinterest in the job itself… Going on a national speaking tour seems more exiting than taking a 4 hour flight to the capital for the legislative session.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

A true leader. When the going gets tough, quit.

jonknee on July 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM
———————–
walk in her shoes smartass

meerkat on July 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I am also concerned that she would occasionally make mistakes which would be later exploited. If you talk enough, every day, sooner or later you will say something dumb. This is among the many reasons why you won’t see Rush, Levin or Beck running for office.

holdfast on July 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Idiot is it? Why don’t you try to follow the link I provided and hear for yourself your entire arguement shot to hell. Palin handles herself well. with the host, with callers etc. Your fear is not a reason for her to hold back. she will make mistakes, she will say some messed up stuff. she is human not God. It is her ideas, her convictions that resonate. You can shine that all you want but at the end of the day it will be those that carry her over the finish line not wether she speaks like a yankee or knows as much as Enstien

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Palin’s best option right now is to start a speaking tour while studying national policy..

End of story….

If she doesn’t do that then she’s a stupid lazy moron.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Noooooooo! I love her, but I can’t listen to that voice very long.

happy2behere on July 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

People are calling me a moron, I would make sure I could improve my flaws to prove those a**** wrong…

I guess Palin doesn’t have any self respect for herself that she doesn’t care what people say about her.

Someone needs to smack her in the head so she can see the light.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

happy2behere on July 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Don’t worry, She probably isn’t doing any radio for several reasons that I previously pointed out.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM
————————-

Well, that settles it.

Thread closed..

meerkat on July 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Try to stay up with facts. It was impossible for her to do her job. Not hard, not boring impossible. she was not even able to appoint her judges to the court. The dems blocked EVERYTHING she wanted to do down to her request for $7 million dollars. She was forced to appoint a prochice judge to the supreme court because of the GOP in the state siding with the dems just to hurt her politically. She was unable to speak out on national issues or get hit with ethics violations. What you think is not important. The facts are the facts they are all there. Since she got back she has not been able to accomplish anything new. she WAs able to finish those things she had started like the pipeline deal and the pt thompson drilling. Those things that were started and approved by the legistrture before aug 29th 2008. ALL other things new she was blocked by both the GOP and the dems. She was a lame duck the day she returned from the election on NOV 5th. She finshed everything she was able to dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s then she stepped down so that new things could be moved forward.

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

End of story….

If she doesn’t do that then she’s a stupid lazy moron.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Studying national policy? You think she doesn’t know national policy? Prove that she doesn’t. she seems to have her national energy policy down, her policy on the 2nd amendment down, her military policy down, she seems to understand economics better than everyone in Washington. she called Obama’s policies immoral and uneconomic. That about sums it up. Notice how no one in washington could grasp this idea that his policies were against everything economics states.

I think the people in washington need to study up on policies like Conyners said they do not even know what the hell they are voting for even with lawyers telling them what the bills mean.

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM

She doesn’t have the national policy pedigree that most national figures have.

Study national policy or get the f*** out….

She has no chance in hell if she doesn’t do this…

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

She pretty much accomplished her agenda for the state in AK. However, Palin is no pansy and she didn’t leave the job because it was “tough”. She left simply because she disinterested in the job and wanted to go national.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM

what the hell is a “national policy pedigree”? Is that a part of someone’s DNA? Or do you get that in havard or yale?

This polisn/study line of attack is crap and i’m calling you and others on it. She could study for years and it would never be good enough. her attackers will simply move the bar. It is what they do. she is knowledgable enough. In fact your entire attack line is based on 2 bad interviews instead of her years of speaking and governering.

I say she knows enough. More than Obama. At least I know she knows you do not support dictators nor give the queen of england an ipod.

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM

says you. Others like Palin and her staff say something differnet. I think I will go with them instead of you. for some reason I think they know more

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM

She hasn’t shown enough depth in many interviews. She avoids going on the sunday shows for good reason. I really hope she realizes her flaws and corrects them before it’s too late.

I could care less if she or didn’t go to some elite college, She simply needs to be a policy wonk in future interviews or she will never recover.

Study or hit the road!

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

In the last 6 months she hasn’t done anything to advance her knowledge on national issues.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Because you have had a camera on her every min of everyday for the last 6 months?

She doesn’t need to be a wonk. She hasn’t gone on sunday shows for many reasons.

unseen on July 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM
———————-

what’s it like talking to yourself ?

meerkat on July 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS.

It’s in Palin’s best interest to study up on national policy… I am not saying this because I hate the lady, I am saying this because she has a very good shot at becoming a brilliant conservative icon for years.

TOUGH LOVE BABY

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Just seeing those TV clowns attack Palin is sickening. We’ve got a moron for a President who doesn’t have a clue how to create jobs, we’ve the world champ of ignorant VPs, and they have the gall to talk about Palin like she’s lacking something intellectually. I swear I think I’m in the “Bizzaro World” when I hear those insipid media cranks.

Jeff from WI on July 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Ya know, I honestly hope she takes the gig or some other and retires from politics. Let all the naysayers and other assorted anti-Palin types pick us a winner and show us the way. It’s gotten a little wearisome.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Can someone please cut the mic on this TimeTraveler loser?

dip it in cider on July 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Considering the job he’s doing please explain the knowledge the current President has shown on any issue.

Jeff from WI on July 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

she has a very good shot at becoming a brilliant conservative icon for years.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM

No, she doesn’t. Too much resistance from within the GOP. Let ‘em sink or swim with Mitt.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Obama did NOTHING, NADA, ZERO as far as either national or international policy before he was elected. Why does he get a free pass?

Jeff from WI on July 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Not a good idea. But if she must do broadcast, let it be TV.

Urban Infidel on July 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I don’t care about that moron.. I could gladly have Palin in the whitehouse right now instead of them.

The problem here is that Palin won’t appeal to indies or dems because she doesn’t want to work and study the boring stuff she needs to know to be a national figure or run for president for that matter.

The moron took 6 months and he did it… Why can’t Palin do it?

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM

OH GOD YES GIVE PALIN A RADIO SHOW

Dave Rywall on July 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Dave Rywall on July 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Shut the f up moron, You will be the first to get a smackdown from the cuda.

She’s no pansy…trust me.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I say let’s get that Mitt in 2012 ball rolling now.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Jeff from WI on July 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM

He’s a black liberal Democrat.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I’m not so sure this is a good move. Palin’s strengths are, in my view, best married with more focused exposure, in venues with specific purposes. Not all inspiring speakers are cut out for radio.

Now, something like what AP outlines — short commentaries — might be great. I’m thinking of Reagan and his weekly radio commentaries in the 1970s. He was able to frame his views in his own words with those commentaries, and that’s a unique opportunity. You don’t get to do that on the talking head shows on TV, or on other people’s radio shows. They ask questions and talk over you constantly, because it is, after all, their show. So something that allows you to take the mike and set the agenda for a brief period is pure gold.

I don’t think a multi-hour or daily venue is the right fit though. Palin is a stump speaker, not a radio host, and she belongs on her own turf.

J.E. Dyer on July 28, 2009 at 9:59 PM

As long as everyone posting here knows what Palin should do. I just got laid off. Anyone have any career ideas for me? I only ask because such a breadth of knowledge has been exhibited.

daesleeper on July 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Shut the f up moron, You will be the first to get a smackdown from the cuda.

She’s no pansy…trust me.

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM
—–

Wow you should be the first guest on the ditz’s show.

The both of you can out dumb each other and we’ll all have a laugh.

Dave Rywall on July 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM

daesleeper on July 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM
——

Dave Rywall on July 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Dinky has replied, anyone else?

daesleeper on July 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I think it sounds like a great medium for Sarah to communicate to citizens and control the circumstances. I would definitely listen in. It is a very intimate medium that could promote high levels of loyalty. Rush said today he had 4 days off unbeknown to him in August..? hmm… Radio would help to separate her hawt factor from the serious side of her very well and cover the AK distance problem in the interim.

Buckeye Babe on July 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Who are the sources who say this? more anonymous McCain campaign staffers?

CCRWM on July 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM

CCRWM on July 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I think it’s more of a short segment on the radio.. She will be given 3 mins on the radio to talk about current national events.

This would be perfect for her !!

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

If she decides to to go this route, her political career will be over.

silvernana on July 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM

TIMETRAVELER, You have the same superior grammar and sytax as our dear leader. Did you attend Harvard? Your logic is impeccable as well as your advice. It seems to be a byproduct of being president of the Harvard Law Review. Although your advice is a valuable commodity, it would probably best be sent to the WhiteHouse since Palin is doing better than BHO.

inspectorudy on July 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM

inspectorudy on July 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Obama is a moron who I don’t really care about.. I dont’t proofread any of my posts because I am frankly lazy.

Palin should listen to my advice… it will only improve her stock

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM

The one downside of a live show: Lots of “whining” about the media. Lots.

I agree. If Palin has aspirations for political office in the future, she shouldn’t say any more about the media; she has had her say already. She has supporters who can take up for her instead.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Do any of y’all know what Rush does 21 hours per day? Do any of y’all know what he does with his money?

Neither do I. But I can tell you this – he doesn’t sit around counting it. He does things quietly. Nobody hears about it because he doesn’t want it public.

Why can’t Sarah emulate that style? How’s this for a what if – what if Rush was mentoring her on how to do radio? Nobody would know while it was happening but everybody would be stunned when she ‘burst’ onto the scene. Polished and poised and ratings through the roof.

Best part would be that Rush would never talk about it. He would let all the pundits trip over their tongues trying to figure it all out.

Meanwhile, the ad money would pour in.

But you guys just carry on with the same script that failed in Alaska (the one where they misunderestimated her).

She knows that the scenery never changes unless you’re the lead dog.

platypus on July 29, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I sometime feels that she has a stronger sense of history than current events. She has yet to make any of the numerous faux pas of Obama and Biden, none caught by the adoring media, in rewriting the past.

A strong sense of self, sense of values and sense of history are high in my prerequisites for any leadership role.

FYI: I don’t see radio in her future but I am relaxed about the path(s) she chooses.

Laurence on July 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

A world in which Palin hosts a live call-in radio show….
I WANT TO GO TO THERE.

malan89 on July 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

A radio show can be substantive in a way that TV usually can’t. There’s a reason Hugh Hewitt is on radio, not TV.

Having seen several photographs of Hugh, I simply must agree with the latter statement. There most definitely is a reason why Hugh is on radio, not TV.

VekTor on July 29, 2009 at 1:23 AM

I think all those people who are giving Sarah all this unsolicited advice about studying the issues should do some studying themselves.
As for all the quitter talk,she explained quite eloquently why she resigned .It was for the benefit of her state and country. She believes she can be more effective in a different role.
It’s called efficient use of available resourses,the most important important attribute an executive can have.The root of the word is execute-basically meaning solving problems and resolving issues.
Sarah’s record in her short time as governor has proven her executive abilities.She made promises to her constituents and fulfilled those promises.That is called good execution.
Sarah wsn’t running for Congerss or Senate,she was running for Vice President–an executive position,something that she has proven herself imminently qualified for.
In addition to her proven abilities,she holds the same values that the founders of our governmental system held.Unlike all the big govrnment career politicians,who perpetuate confusion in Washington,in order to perpetuate their jobs and the money flowing to their croneys without ever solving the Nations problems;Sarah believes in solving problems effeciently and effectively.

DDT on July 29, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Palin should listen to my advice… it will only improve her stock

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Sure, because after all… who better for a successful, high-powered person to take advice from than someone who is frankly lazy?

It’s the diversity thing, right?

VekTor on July 29, 2009 at 1:26 AM

A true leader. When the going gets tough, quit.

jonknee on July 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

You just can’t stand that she changed the rules on you, can you, turd?

Get used to it. you don’t get to frame the arguments and the debate anymore. It’s about the constitution, the real American dream, and the 9th and 10th. DEAL WITH IT!

Fighton03 on July 29, 2009 at 3:14 AM

A world in which Palin hosts a live call-in radio show….
I WANT TO GO TO THERE.

malan89 on July 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I’d rather be in one where she was POTUS, thank you very much. Especially given the polished turd that we have right now.

Fighton03 on July 29, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Who is handling her career, Brian Dunkelman?

marklmail on July 29, 2009 at 6:51 AM

I know it might be a better fit for her family, but I still think it’d be a shame if she didn’t do something in office. There’s more than enough talking heads. There’s even a pretty good selection of better ones, but there’s damn few great politicians that aren’t corrupt.

Jeff from WI on July 29, 2009 at 7:17 AM

DDT on July 29, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Amen. And while we’re at it, TimeTraveler should admit he/she is a troll and move on to the more straightforward taunts and insults, because his/her shtick-of-the-day is quite lame and unbecoming, really:

She will be given 3 mins on the radio to talk about current national events. This would be perfect for her !!

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Palin should listen to my advice… it will only improve her stock

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Pigeon-holing and frantic, almost desperate pleas to listen to *your* advice. And just who the he– are you, may I ask? One thing’s for sure: you put yourself above Sarah Palin and don’t mind talking down to her. One of your more effable qualities.

But your perfunctory and caricaturesque rejections of Obama when challenged, as well as your flippant remarks about not proofreading, are even more endearing. Keep that up and you’ll be in like Flynn in no time, I’m sure of it.

TimeTraveler, was it? I’ll look for you on other threads.

RD on July 29, 2009 at 8:55 AM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

With a large contingent of establishment Republicans knifing her in the back at every opportunity, she saw that she probably wasn’t going to be able to be the Republican nominee in 2012. So the Alaska governorship was going to be her gig. That’d be fine, except the Republican Party boned her and abandoned her and left her stuck holding the bag on $500k+ in legal fees. About a week after she tendered her resignation, the Alaska ethics commission said she wasn’t even allowed to use the legal defense fund to pay those lawyers… So what? Is Palin supposed to file for bankruptcy to continue being a sport?

What happened to Sarah Palin should be a source of pure shame for the Republican party for decades to come. Pure and utter SHAME.

Outlander on July 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Radio show my arse…that was a veritable anti-Obama stump speech the other day in Alaska if ever I heard one.

RepubChica on July 29, 2009 at 9:24 AM

She’s too attractive for radio.

alliebobbitt on July 29, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Outlander on July 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM

+ 1 trillion

We keep hearing how the arguments should be kept to “serious” issues. But the gutless wonders on Capitol Hill haven’t really pressed on any serious issues. I’m hearing they might compromise on healthcare, and you know what that means.

alliebobbitt on July 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM

I think a 3-5 minute weekly slot would be great…and would also leave her free to do what she needs to do in the lower 48.

powerpro on July 29, 2009 at 9:32 AM

TimeTraveler on July 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM
A true leader. When the going gets tough, quit.

jonknee on July 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

“I’m Mitt Romney and I approve this message.”

Lothar on July 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Noooooooo! I love her, but I can’t listen to that voice very long.

happy2behere on July 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I could listen to her voice all day.

I wouldn’t like it if she spent too much time whining about the media, but how much more would she do that than Rush, or anyone else? I doubt if she’d overdo it.

Daggett on July 29, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Palin doesn’t have a face for radio. Video commentaries would be more her forté. That, and a speaking tour to get engaged in the lower 48, build alliances, and work only her policy creds.

Yeah, that could work…

ornery_independent on July 29, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I could listen to her voice all day.

Daggett on July 29, 2009 at 9:56 AM

hmmmm. How about a Beck-Palin Show? That sounds nice. He’d love that too. Then they could both go off on people. It could be on both Fox News and the radio. I like it.

NathanG on July 29, 2009 at 10:43 AM

“She needs to study up on serious issues”

HUH? OBAMA Needs to STUDY UP on SERIOUS Issues!!!!
ugh

bridgetown on July 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Someone gets it!
Sarah you Rock!

Run third Party!
Stay away from the Good Old Panderers network they prefer old, senile carreerists who choose not to fight,fight,fight!

dhunter on July 29, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Wow. Time traveler really seems to know a lot about what Palin has or has not been studying. Just listen to her speech on July 26. She has a succinct and specific vision for this country. She has the basic instinct and common sense she needs. As for detailed knowledge about national issues, I don’t understand people who say she doesn’t have that. According to whom? She seems well versed on all sorts of national issues. Plus, she will be demonstrating her knowledge of these issues over the next few months. Give ‘em HELL, Sarah.

Dan Pet on July 29, 2009 at 11:03 AM

daesleeper on July 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM
——
Why don’t you become a birther detective. There are lots of morons who’ll pay you to go look sh*t up for them.>

Dave Rywall on July 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Only thing I can say is stay the hell away from liberals like Dave here. Their most likely what got you in the situation your now in.

Might have to go self employed while its still legal.
I’d suggest workin for cash since Pinnochio is goin to spread any wealth he can get his filthy, lyin fingers on.
Cash is King, go underground economy, barter, trade, report no income and await for Sarah to come to the rescue!.

dhunter on July 29, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Noooooooo! I love her, but I can’t listen to that voice very long.

happy2behere on July 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

My thoughts exectly. It’s the same with Anne Coulter who is great in books but marginal on air and really atrocious for a full radio show. In my opinion they are great sound bite people but bad long monologue ones.

jmarcure on July 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM

How bout a Limbaugh/Palin on the EIB Network for ONE day? BTW Teddy Bear is teddy bear no more; he looks just too good, too handsome. Want that diet for me!

She will do great at whatever direction she wishes to go, but just like all of us, has to prepare for each and any circumstance before diving it. It’s what some people call common sense. If this is stressed enough in the media, about her lack of preparedness on int’l and other issues when those were not matters she had to take care of from Alaska?

Many of us study and get graduated and dive in to the job that we prepared ourselves to do; others don’t go to college and made it great and are super-rich; others discovered that all those years studying and working made them unhappy and turn into a totally different direction.

I am patient and will sit pretty and wait; it is a waste of time for pundits out there to continue to focus on two things and prejudge.

ProudPalinFan on July 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM

You heard it here first.

She’ll do “Special Commentary” on the Glenn Beck show once a week. Trust me on this .

Olbermann gets to do his Ted Baxter routine five nights a week. Beck is THE rising monster figure at FOX, and he came from nowhere. Palin plays right to Beck’s demographic-and he is attracting Democrats and independents with his updated version of Dobbsism and his Plague on Both Houses version of TV.

Palin doing her “Sarah from Alaska” counterpoint to Olbermann, only say, every Tuesday evening instead of five nights a week would keep her in the news. Plus, she’d be a lot more pleasant to listent to.

I think this is where she’s headed. The radio thing is a head fake.

victor82 on July 29, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Might have to go self employed while its still legal.

dhunter on July 29, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I asked the question insincerely. Ask four people what Palin should do now and you will get 8 different answers. In addition I was suckering our ignoramous friend from C-eh-n-eh-d-eh into a spittle-flying flourish…which he summarily accomplished.

daesleeper on July 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I say let’s get that Mitt in 2012 ball rolling now.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM

You forgot the /sarc tag

Norwegian on July 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I think it is a good idea to write her book and do a radio/TV talk gig to have a platform to get issues you care about out and continue to be effective and relevant. She can also help herself and her family financially by doing that.

bayview on July 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM

“Expedite that Fairness Doctrine, Rahm,” -Hussein.

Akzed on July 29, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I think that TV and radio shows should be left to the pundits and not serious candidates (Huckabee? I said ‘serious’).

On one hand, people really don’t know much about where she stands on issues so more exposure would be good…on the other hand I’d hate to see an over saturation resulting in her becoming just another run of the mill candidate…much of her charm and charisma is built around her uniqueness both a person and a politician. The Obama handlers were able to preserve a mystique about him that worked and kept interest, in spite of heavy media saturation.

There again she might not be a candidate.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 29, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I say let’s get that Mitt in 2012 ball rolling now.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM
You forgot the /sarc tag

Norwegian on July 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Yeah, I did. But really though something like a Romney/Pawlenty ticket might put those precious moderation theories to the test. Two northern-tier guys…there wouldn’t be any knuckle-draggers to blame that time around. None of the convenient “We woulda won if not for Caribou Baribe!” garbage.

ddrintn on July 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM

None of the convenient “We woulda won if not for Caribou Baribe!” garbage.

ddrintn on July 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I feel ya in a way, but there is one problem:

WE WOULD LOSE.

Brian1972 on July 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM

In my opinion they are great sound bite people but bad long monologue ones.

jmarcure on July 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Good characterization of their depth as well

Bradky on July 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM

None of the convenient “We woulda won if not for Caribou Baribe!” garbage.

ddrintn on July 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM
I feel ya in a way, but there is one problem:

WE WOULD LOSE.

Brian1972 on July 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Of course we would. But psssst…don’t tell the anti-Palinistas. Let ‘em find that out on their own.

ddrintn on July 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM

So Sarah thinks she can dislodge Rush? This should be quite interesting. Match em up at wrestlemania in a no holds spandex contest.

Bradky on July 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Bradky on July 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Whaddaya know…Bradky’s found another Palin thread.

ddrintn on July 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Bradky on July 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

You’re the one who needs to dislodge something dips**t.

OlympicLeprechaun on July 30, 2009 at 8:16 AM

My guess is that the radio show is the one floating the idea, not vice versa.

AnninCA on July 30, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Noooooooo! I love her, but I can’t listen to that voice very long.

happy2behere on July 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

It’d be a shame for her to move to an audio-only format.

hawksruleva on July 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I say let’s get that Mitt in 2012 ball rolling now.

ddrintn on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Yeah, Mitt will really be able to contrast his Mass health care plan with the Dems. There’s a reason lots of folks up there call it Romneycare

Seriously, if he runs, it takes the HUGE health care club out of the GOP’s bag.

hawksruleva on July 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM

upinak,

From your interactions with Alaskans can you agree with the statement that most Alaskans think she was right in stepping down?

shick on July 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM