Open thread: Michelle launches “Culture of Corruption” on Hannity; Update: Video added

posted at 8:40 pm on July 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

9 p.m. ET on FNC, of course. We open a thread every time The One belches up a “let me be clear” or “as I have consistently said” in primetime so we owe the boss at least that much. If you’re watching — and you should be — sound off below. This is one of five or six TV appearances she has scheduled this week, incidentally; there’s one guest shot tomorrow that’s especially intriguing but I’m afraid I can’t tease it more than that. Stay tuned.

Here’s the Amazon page in case you haven’t ordered already. I’ll update this post with video later.

Update: As promised, the boss in the spotlight:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The writers for some reason thought that Michelle’s ancestry somehow invalidated her opinions and ideas.

Critics of Malkin’s book on WWII Japanese-Americans produced recorded evidence that destroyed her premise’s credibility. Unlike “Culture of Corruption”, she did not complete her research on her first book prior to its publication. Rather, she had her thesis and selectively substantiated it, ignoring evidence that weakened her thesis. [Only leftist scholars are permitted legitimate bias.] Lesson learned. That she has Filipino ancestry is beside the point, because she is not racist. However, historically, Filipinos were severely abused by the Japanese. That unfortunate coincidence is simply what you’ve remembered of that brouhaha.

Raisuli: You have nothing to say?
Eden: It is not my intention to encourage braggers.
Raisuli: Your shell is strong like a turtle’s, but brittle.
Eden: Your tongue is clever and fast. Be careful not to trip over it.
Raisuli: You are a great deal of trouble.

Malkin is a very sharp woman. And this book will undoubtedly substantiate her credibility, just as the subject selection proves her sense for what sells.

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Michelle is hot.

Firebird on July 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM

CyberCipher on July 27, 2009 at 10:19 PM

You see pitbull.

I see terrier, Sir Didymus.

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

However, historically, Filipinos were severely abused by the Japanese.

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I didn’t know that. Interesting, but sad.

By the way, all the pinays I’ve known are gorgeous, conscientious and dedicated, but I get the impression Michelle is exceptional among pinays.

But remember, “Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised.”

Daggett on July 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Michelle, you’ve got more balls than most in your field…first book being reviewed nationally to go after First Lady’s “patient-dumping-scheme” at height of health care debate–this is what I call rare journalistic courage, the likes of which we see displayed by news personnel on the fields and deserts of war amidst bombs and gunfights. Pretenderes take note.

RepubChica on July 28, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Oxrock on July 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM

HotAir has Ed’s internet broadcasts.

FOX would purge the essence of HotAir.

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Brainy, articulate, good-looking…but enough about me. When is Hannity gonna lose that “Alfalfa” part in his hair?

whitetop on July 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Daggett on July 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Michelle Malkin is All American, not a hyphenated-American, and color blind, hence not a racist.

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM

whitetop on July 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM

heh. some guys just don’t go bald or thin out.
you suggest a flat-top?

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM

You see pitbull.

I see terrier, Sir Didymus.

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Guilty as charged. Pit bull was WAY too complimentary. BTW, I hate those yappy little terriers. They used to jump out from underneath the couch and bite me on the ankles. That was more than 40 years ago — back when I was a paperboy. Guess they haven’t changed very much.

My collie says:

As for Hannity’s salary, I would imagaine that the larger the audience share for Fox, the more the advertisers are willing to pay, and hence the more Sean gets paid. This is not NEARLY so much a reflection of his worth as it is merely a reflection of dumb luck – merely standing in the right place at the right time. It’s like winnning the lottery. No one would say that the individual with the correct lottery numbers got paid millions because he or she provided a product or service that was WORTH millions. Our system contains MANY flaws — and it is not based on TRUE free market principles by ANY stretch of the imagination.

CyberCipher on July 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM

whitetop on July 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM

At the same time he finally stops inviting that blowhard Beckel (Spanky) to be on his stupid panel.

I will say, however, I noticed a week or so ago that he had Kim Alexis on. Nice to see she’s doing so well.

BuckeyeSam on July 28, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I am buying the book.

Dr Evil on July 28, 2009 at 10:11 AM

you suggest a flat-top?

maverick muse on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Hannity has the perfect noggin for a Mohawk.

whitetop on July 28, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I am waiting for my preorder of the book and look forward to a great informative and truthful account of “The One”.

Thanks Michelle, I prominently display your books in my office so I can get to them quickly for researching facts and to assure those visiting me that one never stops learning, and yes I am right.

Many leftists leave or ask to meet elsewhere, when they see my book case and the variety of titles (all or yours among them)from both the right and left. I guess it is true – lefties are afraid of their own shadow and will not discuss anything with another that does not think or read what they do.

Again, thanks for your insight.

MSGTAS on July 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Michelle’s site and Hot Air are my morning stop to be informed of the political antics.

To the Hannity haters:
I like Hannity because he’s relentless and NOT a pseudo-intellectual! He knew what hanging around with radicals meant 2 years ago. Being from Chicago where liberals, Obamanism and corruption reigns, I could see clearly that he was tainted by Chicago politics and being funded by wealthy Chicago (and other) liberal billionaires. The rest of the uninformed were the bulk of his supporters…the youth, the blacks, the MSM, the hardcore Dems, and those who were fed up and wanted something different. Well they got it and now they’re stuck with it for the next 3 and a half years.

I’m going to read Michelle’s book asap, but I guarantee there is enough unknown info to fill 2 more on this guy.

Nalea on July 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I STILL miss “Vent”…

nationspatriotcom on July 28, 2009 at 5:29 AM

Yes, me too. What did happen there? Was it too time-consuming to produce? Did she axe it because some bloggers egos were bruised by being overshadowed? If she told us why, I missed it.

SKYFOX on July 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Me three. IIRC that was a Bryan Preston production, hasn’t been done since he left.

infidel4life on July 28, 2009 at 10:59 AM

You know, I am a happily married man, but…

…I think I have a bit of a crush on Michelle!

Daddy-O on July 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Ed, could you move the Gibbs post down one? You almost have a trifecta of pretty ladies under the top pics banner.

Gibbs is lousing up the bet!!

;)

Jim708 on July 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I love how the MSM disparaged Laura Bush for being an unaccomplished librarian, yet there hasn’t been a peep about Michelle Obama being a crooked anti-American, racist radical. Patient dumping, political pay for play, etc etc. Thanks for that chapter Ms Malkin.

marklmail on July 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Michelle and I dancing Rumba to “My Girl”.

That political stuff can wait….a few weeks.

Sapwolf on July 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Yay! Michelle is on John Gibson right now.

artchick on July 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM

At the same time he finally stops inviting that blowhard Beckel (Spanky) to be on his stupid panel…..

BuckeyeSam on July 28, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Although I’m not a big fan of Hannity’s show, Beckel (and Powers) are both reasonable liberals to have on the show for balance. At least they don’t interrupt others (my pet peeve) with all of these political shows.

Red State State of Mind on July 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Go get them Michelle

LtE126 on July 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

You go Michelle… I saw her at the Denver Tea Party this spring.. She rocks.. Keep up the heat..

Bob Beckel is a buffoon… Blah He is always making personal remarks about who he is debating(if you can say that about what he spews).

reshas1 on July 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

All right, it’s tomorrow. Where should we be looking for Michelle’s super-secret appearance?

RD on July 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

The Republican Women are coming to save the country.

And I like it.

portlandon on July 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I like Hannity. He speaks his mind on radio and tv five days a week notwithstanding the constant attacks he gets from the left on a daily basis. I’m sure that he and his family even get death threats. I admit that he repeats himself alot and that he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer; however, I think he’s an all around good guy, loves his country, fights relentlessly for conservative values, and supports the troops. For those reasons, I think he deserves some credit.

Callie C. on July 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM

The Republican Conservative Women are coming to save the country.

And I like it.

portlandon on July 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

FIFY and ditto

the future of the country belongs to those who wear red naughty monkey toe peepers

ted c on July 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Ever notice there is frequently an ever so slight ambivalence when some conservatives are interviewed by the MSM? The unscrupulous and lying ways of the press can intimidate the best of them. NEVER ever with Michelle. Confident, accurate, aggressive but polite, charming, pleasant, informative, well studied… oh, did I say hot!!! Michelle, you rock. Great book, stay on the trail.

highninside on July 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I picked up Michelle’s book today. Barnes & Noble in NJ had a whopping 3 copies (2 now.) They had hidden in the shelves in the back – none out on the new release tables. The cashier shook a little when ringing it up :) I started it and can tell it is going to be a great book! Bravo Michelle!!

njpat on July 28, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Amazing experience! Culture and Corruption was on the table near the door at our local Border’s. Not on the side facing the door, mind you, but not hidden as other titles like Liberty and Tyranny and the Obamanation have been. I’m sure they’ll correct that “error” soon.

I’m only just into the book, but if you don’t already have a copy, get one. I live near Chicago and have the time and the interest to stay informed. I’ve known about Valerie Jarrett, for instance, for a long time, since the days she was on Daley”s staff. Michelle’s book, however, brought out a number of things I didn’t know about her. I could say more, and I probably will later. For now, I’ve got a couple of chores to finish, and then back to the book.

Bravo Michelle!

Hobbes on July 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM

If only Palin was as sharp and hard-working and articulate as Malkin.

guntotinglibertarian on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM

As a women, I love Michelle & Sarah. They are NOT afraid of liberals, especially slimy, wormy ones.
U GO GIRLS!!!!!

mmcnamer1 on July 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM

As is always the case, seems that the obscene screamers have no way to counter the truth that exposes them and their “hero”. So they must resort to their only tool, throw mud and insults and unprovable accusations at the messenger. They haven’t changed in generations. Sad. And a sad indictment of the society and America we have allowed to be built. Or…unbuilt. The dismantling of America continues.

Roger Brown on July 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Malkin/Palin 2012

guntotinglibertarian on July 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Hannity?

Hannity?

Reaps on July 28, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Actually, Allahpundit, Michelle launched “Culture of Corruption” on Glenn Beck’s show this afternoon at 5 P.M. Eastern, but being that you seem to HATE Glenn Beck, you totally ignored this, not that it surprises me.

nelsonknows on July 29, 2009 at 1:33 AM

No nelson, you dumbass, if you’ll ever reset your computer’s date, you would find out that Michelle was on Hannity the night BEFORE she was on Beck’s show, so you owe Allahpundit an apology for being a dumbass, and stop posting on your mac, you should no by now the date is messed up and hasn’t been reset for several months.

My Apologies Allah, I messed up.

nelsonknows on July 29, 2009 at 8:28 AM

P.S., I woke up out of a sound sleep and realized this…damn I hate being wrong! But I couldn’t let it go uncorrected so maybe I can go back to sleep now.

nelsonknows on July 29, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Any chance you have the clip of the Today show? By the time I saw Michelle’s post that she would be on, it was too late and I missed it. I’d love to see how NBC handled this!

njpat on July 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM

From Ace:

I hope someone taped Michelle Malkin promoting her book this morning on Today. She ate Matt Lauer’s lunch, it was priceless. Posted by: Mass Repub party at July 29, 2009 08:36 AM

Will she be on another MSM TV morning show, or better yet, Letterman?

maverick muse on July 29, 2009 at 9:07 AM

If only Palin was as sharp and hard-working and articulate as Malkin.

guntotinglibertarian on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM

If only guntotinglibertarian knew more than what the plurality thinks, what he has to say about anything would actually have merit. As is, Schade to his namesake. Learn to research rather than absorb opinions from your comfort zone, without regard for the record.

Malkin has a sharp tongue that suits her well.

Palin has actually enacted a platform into legislation and actually cut corruption within the GOP. To date, Malkin networks well, but no better than Palin. Given turn-out for appearances, Palin would trump Malkin.

Palin has never attacked Malkin or any of Malkin’s friends. Why would Malkin or her crew feel the need to attack Palin?

maverick muse on July 29, 2009 at 9:16 AM

She is both cute and smart.

workingforpigs on July 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Michelle is a smart, beautiful, and classy woman. I’ll be buying and reading her book.

DaddyO16 on July 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM

A decade after she first officially began her career as a syndicated columnist, and Michelle’s still hot. I want to buy her book too.

While I’m at it, since this is an open thread, I might as well plug a few items from my blogs. Let’s see what I got:

On my politics blog: Facebook has shut down a Hamas fangroup.

On my comics blog: DC Comics has turned to dhimmitude. I want this to serve as an important lesson: if Marvel can do bad leftist things, so can DC. Don’t think even for a single second it’s impossible.

On my game blog: a video of Windjammers.

Avi Green on July 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM