Must see: Cambridge cop says she won’t vote for Obama again after Gatesgate

posted at 7:48 pm on July 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

An amazing clip via Verum Serum. God only knows how much heat she and Sgt. Lashley will take from the “authenticity” police for this; Crowley’s a spectacularly lucky guy to have friends like them. In fact, I’m thinking that beer date at the White House to discuss “tolerance” might not be such a bad idea if Crowley gets to bring Kelly King along. Skip Gates and The One might just learn something.

If you’re looking for postracial America, you’ve found it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Obama: The Great Divider

JohnJ on July 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM

cool! thread mess up!

upinak on July 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM

i like don lemon for cnn.

i know he had the ghana thing when he oversold obama, but he’s typically pretty fair as cnn goes. liberal, sure, but not like some msnbc-liberal. kinda like a almost-but-not-quite charlie gibson, lester holt, jake tapper… you know they’re libs but it doesn’t show every second they speak

battleoflepanto1571 on July 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Wow! I watched him one night race-baiting on CNN, trashing Palin and throwing up the debunked “kill him” comment from a rally. He was talking about how racist this country was and how Palin was inflaming racial hatred for Obama and was going to get him hurt. I wrote him off.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM

There’s no trick to being a friend when things are easy. It’s when it is not easy and you stand up for another that is a true sign of friendship and respect. The Cambridge police department has a lot to be proud of.

jdflorida on July 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM

How long before HuffPo and DU call those black cops “Uncle Toms”?

MadisonConservative on July 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM

In the early 70s when I was in the Air Force stationed McConell AFB, my roomie was a black kid from Chicago. (Yeah, I was just a kid then, too.)

He would sit with me at the Chow Hall. The other blacks would taunt him, calling him, “Uncle Tom.”

It was tense times back then and took a lot of character on his part to do what he did.

Hey, Croz, I ain’t forgot you. -Lewey

davidk on July 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM

i would hit

equality on July 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM

equality: UGHaroo, hit want,or which police officer!

You really mean,they all should just shut up!!

canopfor on July 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM

upinak on July 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Thank you, thank you.

FontanaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM

If you’re looking for postracial America, you’ve found it.

Indeed, Allah. Indeed.

HornetSting on July 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Some of us never did judge him by his skin color. There are 4 “people of color” that are of age to vote in my household, none of us would vote Obama in as dogcatcher. Now if the people of uncolor would stop feeling guilty about things they have no control over, then we would not have to worry about Marxist Presidents.

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

+10,000. You get a standing ovation from my household.

mizflame98 on July 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Gates and Obama are clearly the people in this situation who are racist. Leftwing site admins with various sites can remove all the comments they want to, it won’t change the ability of the public to view the culprits clearly here.

Anyway, back to this thread…good for this woman for speaking out as she has.

Lourdes on July 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Lourdes…I noticed that a long time ago…I don’t trust the MSM and is why I come to blogs such as HA Newsbusters FR C4P etc.

BTW Fox ran a story about Gates that shows him in a video being the racist a la Wright that he is…

CCRWM on July 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

How long before HuffPo and DU call those black cops “Uncle Toms” FOAD?

MadisonConservative on July 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Not soon enough.

venividivici on July 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Officer Crowley = George Bailey

Prof. Gates = Henry Potter

Officer Crowley is turning out to be the richest man in town.

Queue the bells, Clarence; it’s a wonderful life.

BuckeyeSam on July 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM

How in the world did CNN get this right?

burt on July 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM

BuckeyeSam on July 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM

My very favorite movie of all time. Good analogy.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Liberals like Gates and Obama are forever lost in
a time warp,from the 1700′s to the late 60′s!!

These fine professional African American Police
Officers,are up to speed,the living in the 21St
Century!!

canopfor on July 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Wow, *that* takes guts.

Well-Armed Lamb on July 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Awesome.

flipflop on July 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Ms. King seems smart, articulate, and proved she is an honorable friend. She is the type woman that people look up to and will be persuaded by her opinions. Not good for O.

Trolls must be too busy on the other threads. heh!

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Officer Crowley = George Bailey

Prof. Gates = Henry Potter

Officer Crowley is turning out to be the richest man in town.

Queue the bells, Clarence; it’s a wonderful life.

BuckeyeSam on July 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Now let’s move on to Mr. Smith Goes to Washington…

Care to cast that one?

turfmann on July 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Oops,should be there,not the!

canopfor on July 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I was totally buying the police version of all this until today. The facts coming out now are slowly changing my opinion. I don’t think it was racial but I think there was a little fiction writing in the report that night.

fastestslug on July 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Yes! Please wake up America.

califdreamnred on July 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM

The Blue Wall speaks out in support of a good cop.

walkingboss on July 27, 2009 at 7:55 PM

True words, boss.

Somebody kick rockemronnie’s rock, he’s late to denounce all cops….

HornetSting on July 27, 2009 at 8:32 PM

CCRWM on July 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

There’s big money to be made keeping the grievance industry alive.

the_nile on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Allah, not to complain or anything, but while we are on the topic of law enforcement, why not a discussion about border security and the recent death of US Border Patrol Agent Robert Rosas……Michelle has a thread on her namesake, but nothing here as of yet….could we have something?

HornetSting on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I’m still waiting for a statement from Harvard supporting their most prominent professor.

AaronGuzman on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

What I wouldn’t give to be a motor officer in Cambridge. The first black limo with Uncle Sugar’s banner on the front would be a good subject to test my radar gun on.

Limerick on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

My what tangled webs we weave. One wonders if the Lynn Sweet question was an intentional plant. Unintended consequences.

PrincipledPilgrim on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Word lady is on O’Reilly! Wait, what were we talking about?

sorry lost my head

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Yep…she would be a great role model for young girls everywhere. Instead, they get Lindsey Lohan, Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, and the Bratz dolls. And we wonder what’s up with young folks these days.

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM

This was so refreshing after the shuck and jive of Obama, Patrick and Gates. How come Crowley can’t talk?

tessa on July 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

LOL. I was just thinking I could do without this segment. Different strokes, I guess…

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Sad but true

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM

How come Crowley can’t talk?

tessa on July 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I think everyone, including the CPD, has lawyered up.

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM

tomas on July 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

We throw around “Raaaciiissst” all the time for fun around here, but you seem to be the real thing. This sad attempt to tar all HOtAir commenters with your racist brush can’t be allowed to go unchallenged. I’m guessing others have called you on it already, but I stopped reading any further when I got to your idiotic comment in order to comment.

You are acting stupidly.

Buford Gooch on July 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Professor Gates: “You don’t know who you’re messing with…ya I’ll speak with your Mama outside!”

Looks like there was some misunderestimated messing happnin’ all right, but I’m not sure the esteemed Harvard don got the players lined up quite right. Besides, Kelly King doesn’t even look like Crowley’s mama…She’s much too young.

Barnestormer on July 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Look out! Watch the leftist scumbags attack these fine people!

WhatsRight on July 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Yep. It’ll happen, and it’ll be vile. I have nothing but admiration for these fine – and brave – folks.

Can Kelly King run for public office? Government could use more decent, upstanding people like her.

Gilda on July 27, 2009 at 8:39 PM

PrincipledPilgrim on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I vote present, uh, yes!

HornetSting on July 27, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Wow. He has some great friends there. It is a great example of what race relations SHOULD be.

Star20 on July 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Actually I agree with you. My wife asked me how much I thought she had spent on herself since the segment stated. Again I digress.

Back on topic.

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Meanwhile…….back at CNN….they are preparing
the firing squad…..and…

canopfor on July 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Besides, Kelly King doesn’t even look like Crowley’s mama…She’s much too young.

Barnestormer on July 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I don’t think he’d have gotten any better treatment from her than he got from Crowley. Now, that would have been an arrest I’d pay to see.

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Who made Margaret Hoover a spokesman for Republican values? She is almost always off base.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Buford Gooch

Actually it is the opposite of how you described it. It has absolutely zero to do with regular posters on this forum.

tomas on July 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Reminds me of when I used to work in retail. I had an African American woman make a big scene at the store I managed. Started calling me racist outloud so everyone could hear. She didn’t know my boss was African American also. She called him to complain. My boss saw right through her and took her to task for race baiting. He also apologized to me for members of his “community” that didn’t reflect the true sentiment of the whole. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me. I imagine Crowley feels fortunate to have friend like King.

MichiganMatt on July 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Good! This ought to but the beerfest idea to rest.

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I think she would have ‘B-slapped’ him and told him to STFU.

HornetSting on July 27, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I think she would have ‘B-slapped’ him and told him to STFU.

HornetSting on July 27, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I can’t keep from smiling at the thought of it.

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Over 88% of the voters in the People’s Republic of Cambridge went for Obama.
My sister and her husband are pretty sure they were the only people who voted Republican in her area and judging by the other occupants of her condo building, most of whom are spoiled Harvard students who’s lives are subsidized by their affluent parents, they are probably correct.

racecar05 on July 27, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Gates, an intellectual drawn back into the arena

Gates’ projects have included an encyclopedia of Africans and African Americans, an anthology of African American literature and documentaries about Abraham Lincoln and “The Wonders of the African World.” His books include an influential work of cultural criticism, “The Signifying Monkey”; and a compilation of essays, “13 Ways of Looking at a Black Man,” which features pieces on Colin Powell, Louis Farrakhan and O.J. Simpson’s murder trial.

[...]

He was an A student who loved history and geography and would practice the way African leaders’ names were pronounced by following the newscasts of Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite. He gave the valedictory address at high school and graduated summa cum laude from Yale, where he majored in history.

To his eventual embarrassment, he wrote in his Yale application:

“As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself.”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Have any of ya’ll ever heard of John Wiley Price? He is a race-baiter who used to be on the Dallas city council. He is as bad as Sharpton or Jackson. There are some people who their sole goal in life is to stir up controversy. They actually hurt the community that they claim to represent and support.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM

The weird thing about all of this is that Professor Gates was probably overly tired from the flight and really annoyed at either not having his keys or that the door was still broken. I hope he is man enough to admit to the officer that he overreacted.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM

She is the skinny MMc. The ‘Valley Girl’ way that she enunciates her words makes her sound like a high school cheerleader.

thomasaur on July 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM

You think Oprah, Gates’ good friend, would invite these fine people on her show?

tessa on July 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Barry stepped into a steaming pile this time. I hope it lasts. Poor Rahm must be craping a brick.

RobCon on July 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Was he the guy who objected to the term, “black hole” at a council meeting?

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Well said Allah.

RobCon on July 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Harvard should be deeply ashamed for even entertaining this nut on their faculty.

Lourdes on July 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Requirements for an Ivy League faculty job are generally (1) a Ph.D. and (2) being some flavor of nut.

jazz_piano on July 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM

They should have booted his butt to the local junior college. It makes me angry to think that a rabid racist like him got the benefit of that kind of education by playing the race card.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Well this guy is very lucky to have friends like those people. Good for him.

Dash on July 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Late to the thread here, so if it’s already been suggested, forgive me….

You know the Cambridge PD is going to hear a lot of crap for this. Take a moment a write the Cambridge PD and let them know you support them….

Patrick S on July 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

HornetSting on July 27, 2009 at 8:32 PM

My Faith is restored.
Sgt Crowley is lucky to have these friends back him like this, but this type of support is truly earned in this profession. It is a true tesimonony of who he is and what he stands for.

ChicagoBlues on July 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Yes and yes. Most of these baiters are desperate for attention and are not able to have any success in the business world. Think about it. In what other endeavor can you gain attention without any skills and make a living without working?

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

If you’re looking for postracial America, you’ve found it.

*bites tongue, shakes head*

LevStrauss on July 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

RobCon on July 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM

It’s nice to see this historic bigger-than-life president being shown up as a very little, little man.

sherry on July 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM

As has already been pointed out, Kelley King is a tremendous model for young people of any race, and a standup broad by any definition.

I can’t help noticing Don Lemon’s unchallenged use of the term “Dr. Gates.” It needs to be made clear to all concerned that this guy in fact has only a Bachelor’s degree (NTTAWWT,) and has based his entire career on being a victim and race-monger.

“Respected scholar.” I call bullshit.

warbaby on July 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM

At some point you have to ask why is this story still going on? And why is it being driven in some respects by the Cambridge Police Dept.?

I can only figure that there is something on those tapes that must be very damaging/ugly. Clearly the Police keep raising the stakes. Just a couple of days ago they were demanding that Obama apologize!! I mean when was the last time you recall the police demanding an apology from a sitting President?

Something is going on here folks.

patrick neid on July 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Obama and Gates wanted to destroy Sargeant Crowley for sport.

tessa on July 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM

The only profiling that night was Gates’ profiling a white police officer.

desertdweller on July 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM

You know people, obviously they’re going to pay closer attention to you… because you’re an african american man, I’m just being honest, and you’re supporting this white officer… wah wah waaah

Talk about a condescending asshat using the “absolute moral authority” card! Geez!
I hope Fox News doesn’t offer him big money like they did Rick Sanchez!

redzap on July 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Was he the guy who objected to the term, “black hole” at a council meeting?

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

That would be him. I never knew that was a racist comment. I get more educated every day.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Patrick S on July 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Thanks for posting the info. Just sent them a note.

sherry on July 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Professor Gates appears to be so racist and intolerant of whites, that even a few moments in the presence of a white authority figure (that arrived at Gate’s home to defend the Professor’s property) threw him into such a hate filled rage, he was unable to discern what was actually going on. How dare a “Whitey” ask him for Identification? In Prof. Gate’s world, every white male is a racist until they bow and scrape long enough to prove otherwise.

The question I have for President Obama is why does he call such vitriolic characters such as Rev. Wright, and Professor Gates, friend?

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

The lady officer just did more to heal this country than Barry will in four years.

Limerick on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I get more educated every day.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Me, too. BTW….whatever happened to that guy?

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Do we have the feeds from before the filming? I want to see the part where the CNN folks say, “hey you, yeah the black people, come on up front, white people get to the back of the shot…and scrunch down about half a foot or so and don’t draw attention to yourselves.” This coverage is mind numbing. Make it stop. At least the racial bickering of the early nineties like Rodney King and OJ possessed some kind of importance, this has a Seinfeld plot, its a show about nothing and nauseating.

LevStrauss on July 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Limerick on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

+ eleventy

genso on July 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM

If Barry loses the articulate, righteous sisters like Ms. King, and the “stupidly” cops, and the “unnecessary tonsilectomy” doctors, he’s only going to have losers like Gates and Wright and Bill Ayers and Father Pfleger behind him.

Good luck, Barry, with that obsolete deck of race cards.

profitsbeard on July 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Still there, stirring the pot. We moved out of Dallas five years ago to escape the insanity and the school district. I like not having to nail all my stuff down.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

It’s a rhetorical question. right?

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Limerick on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Limerick: Amen on that!:)

canopfor on July 27, 2009 at 8:59 PM

AaronGuzman on July 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Duke University did that whole rushing into showing they were not racists in 2006. Harvard would never demean itself to follow an ACC school.

highhopes on July 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Something is going on here folks.

patrick neid on July 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM

When was the last time you saw a sitting President interject himself into a local police matter?

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Because he doesn’t know any better.

My guess is that he spent so long among Leftists in ‘church’ and academia that he doesn’t realize how far outside the mainstream their ‘reality’ is.

jazz_piano on July 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Good luck, Barry, with that obsolete deck of race cards.

profitsbeard on July 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM

He’s still got Soros, the unions, ACORN, and the media (for the most part). Don’t write his eulogy yet.

genso on July 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Exactly.

jazz_piano on July 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM

genso at 9:00 PM

Don’t write his eulogy yet.

Top quote a better man than Barry:

I have a dream…”

profitsbeard on July 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Kjeil on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Sorry but you are wrong. Gates doesn’t have white friends and never will. Gates barely tolerates whites in his everyday professional life. Even if a white person bows and scrapes, Gates dismisses it because of a deluded preception that an entire race has to pay him back for the way blacks were treated in the past.

Just because one teaches at Harvard doesn’t mean that one isn’t an outright hate-filled racist.

highhopes on July 27, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Limerick on July 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Indeed. And note her future voting preference. Looks like a postracial presidency won’t occur until Obama is post-presidential.

Barnestormer on July 27, 2009 at 9:05 PM

They just showed a video of Gates on Hannity trashing Clarence Thomas. I guess Thomas’ accomplishments don’t mean anything because he comes from the right-side of the aisle. Gates is disgusting.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Top quote a better man than Barry:

“I have a dream…”

profitsbeard on July 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I agree with you to a point but I don’t understand why you responded with that to me.

genso on July 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM

To quote a better man than Barry:

“I have a dream…”

profitsbeard on July 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM

That’s like countering Daffy Duck with Ghandi.

highhopes on July 27, 2009 at 9:08 PM