Must see: Cambridge cop says she won’t vote for Obama again after Gatesgate

posted at 7:48 pm on July 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

An amazing clip via Verum Serum. God only knows how much heat she and Sgt. Lashley will take from the “authenticity” police for this; Crowley’s a spectacularly lucky guy to have friends like them. In fact, I’m thinking that beer date at the White House to discuss “tolerance” might not be such a bad idea if Crowley gets to bring Kelly King along. Skip Gates and The One might just learn something.

If you’re looking for postracial America, you’ve found it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Gates has a chip on his shoulder and plays the race card at every turn.

“As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself

and this from youtube

Hmm…not only is there stereotyping, but he also says that black folks have mastered the “yo momma” lines and Crowley wrote in his report that Gates said just that.

Hmmm…

L2G on July 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Kudos to Kelly King. She has my deepest respect. Perhaps she should be schooling all of the “Justice Brothers”.

Kelly King has integrity,is articulate and has class. Love women like this. Get her on a ticket for office! This is true leadership.

Buckeye Babe on July 28, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Woahhhh. You’re a racist!

Jim Treacher on July 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM

You’re supposed to say that us liberals are the “real” racists, and then flounder for a couple sentences while you try to explain why.

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

On another note it’s hilarious to see that some of you feel vindicated on the Gates-Gate issue because cops are defending…another cop. Even the police union is behind Crowley! Shocka!

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Go crawl back under your rock.

HornetSting on July 28, 2009 at 1:42 AM

woahhhhh. She’s black!
crr6 on July 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Yeah, and she had a special message for racists like you. Too bad it went over your head.

atheling on July 28, 2009 at 1:50 AM

You can also find post-racial America in the military, not that Gates or Obama would care to look there.

funky chicken on July 27, 2009 at 11:40 PM

You got that right.

atheling on July 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM

You have nothing left to stand on but your hemorrhoids? How precarious!

Shy Guy on July 28, 2009 at 1:55 AM

On another note it’s hilarious to see that some of you feel vindicated on the Skippyquiddick issue because the guy who spend a couple of decades listening to the sermons of a race-baiter is stupidly defending…another race-bater.
Shocka!

Chickyraptor on July 28, 2009 at 3:30 AM

I think it’s sick that race was dragged into this situation courtesy Mr. Gates and it’s tragic and pathetic that our PRESIDENT chose to exacerbate things by attacking the police officer and try to gain some sort of political edge from it.

And now he wants to make it a teaching moment? And now he wants to capitalize politically on a situation of his own making?

Pathetic.

As for the officers who are showing support for their brother in blue…kudos to you.

powerpro on July 28, 2009 at 5:01 AM

These black cops deserve a tremendous amount of respect for standing up to two very powerful people in the black community to tell the truth and do the right thing. This is very moving. What a tremendous contrast to the race card playing Gates. Maybe they can teach him something about honor, integrity, and decency that transcends race.

This was not an easy thing to do.

DaMav on July 28, 2009 at 6:23 AM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Check out michellemalkin.com. You’ll find she has listed numerous racist emails she receives. Also, ever heard of Barbara Boxer? Liberals are good at hiding their racism just as long as any given minority follows the script they’ve been given. Not all liberals are racist, of course, but it’s ludicrous to point the finger at conservatives as ‘racist’ while claiming that liberals are innocent.

Another example, you probably like to think of yourself as enlightened and progressive and helping out minorities and ‘disadvantaged’ ‘groups’ while conservatives are cruel and heartless. I mean, liberals enacted affirmative action – what could be less racist than sending the message that if you’re not white or male you need massive help to amount to anything? It’s a good thing white liberals have given this opportunity to them huh?

gwelf on July 28, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Pretty much Game … Set … Match.

Obama got beaten so tremendously on this issue.

And it really proves what an amateur politician he is – that he’d wade into this matter so “matter-of-factly” without even realizing the potential pain he was setting himself up for.

But I’ll tell you another thing – he ought to be angry at Gates. Gates is the one that told Obama what happened – and he lied to his friend. Obama trusted his friend’s telling of the story – and it cost him his health care reform and possibly threw his remaining term in office into lame duck status.

July 1944 was a very bad month for the Germans – July 2009 has turned out to be a very bad month for the Democrats.

HondaV65 on July 28, 2009 at 8:07 AM

The law enforcement community there gives me hope for the future. Change that I can actually count on. :)

itzWicks on July 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Oh my. I am surprised CNN even allowed this to air.

watson007 on July 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I’m sure getting sick and tired of this racist thing.

I have some black friends that I would go against other whites for but feel they would not do the same for me against other blacks.

Where would the blacks be if they were never brought to America??????????

Rick007 on July 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Wanted to affirm your experiences and add something:

(though I posted this late yesterday/very earlier this day, I wanted to point this out again)…

The New York Post was removing comments last night that were critical of Gates and/or Obama and their statements, while allowing to stand any that were demeaning (pejoratives, etc.) toward those who support (or even so much as understand) Crowley and the arrest of Gates, and also allowing to stand any comments that denigrated Crowley.

I’ve seen this happen on other sites, such as Politico, whereby any opinion that runs contrary to the MEMEO’THEDAY **NEEDED** by the Left to promote it’s toolwork are removed without any explanation and the users who make such opinions, however reasonably expressed, get booted.

I was just surprised to watch comments disappear last night even as I attempted to read them from the NYPost, a site I had thought up to yesterday was run rather well. Wrong, it’s just another website with a Leftwing moderator/site admin. removing all comments that don’t service the DNC point of view.

What I DID AND DO read, however, when comments remain, is that a lot of Americans agree with Crowley as to the credibility of the arrest, despite the charges later being dropped (but even the union supports the arrest afterward and the PD does, too), and that Gates (and Obama) are clearly looking like the doofus’ with racist opinions in denigration of others.

Gates and Obama are clearly the people in this situation who are racist. Leftwing site admins with various sites can remove all the comments they want to, it won’t change the ability of the public to view the culprits clearly here.

Anyway, back to this thread…good for this woman for speaking out as she has.

Lourdes on July 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

This is why, despite my best efforts at a “fair and balanced” approach to getting my news, I have quit argueing and posting on many of these boards. My arguements are moderated out of existence, after much time spent composing reasoned responses. Thanks to Michelle and Ed for allowing the generally free exchange of ideas. It’s why I love this site.

riverrat10k on July 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM

An editorial cartoon in today’s Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (an Obama newspaper) links Sergeant Crowley to the KKK.

jay12 on July 28, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Drudge finally made this his headline….

cmsinaz on July 28, 2009 at 9:14 AM

She called him “Jimmy”. With great affection. I almost teared up. Thank God for people like her and Bill Cosby. DD

Darvin Dowdy on July 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Anyone else recall the Executioner-in-Chief’s first attempt at arresting a group of local minorities acting up in their Somali frontyard?

If Cambridge police acted “stupidly” for Mirandizing a privileged Harvard professor, what does that make the Execution-in-Chief of those three underprivileged, un-Mirandized Somali youts?

Can we expect a rootbeer invitation at the White House for the arrested 16-year old Somali yout?

Terp Mole on July 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM

This is good. Let the healing begin.

shick on July 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Where would the blacks be if they were never brought to America??????????

Rick007 on July 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I agree with the other things you said but this is repulsive. The blacks were brought her against their will and many of them died on that journey. Those they survived did nothing to deserve enslavement and were treated as sub-humans. Show some compassion. This statement is worthy of banning. I suggest you apologize quickly.

shick on July 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM

If the officer did, in fact, report that the caller talked to him and she denies it, then….there’s a problem.

AnninCA on July 28, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Hey, people, have you seen the liberal sites today. Have you visited the websites of the major newspapers?

OBAMA HAS TODAY BEGUN THE BIGGEST ASSAULT AGAINST A PRIVATE CITIZEN THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN.

CROWLEY IS GETTING HAMMERED.

jay12 on July 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM

This means she is no longer black, right? She si just another whitey trying to hold down the man.

Grafted on July 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM

my goodness, i can’t seem to get the clip to load from anywhere…….not cnn.com, drudge, here (my favorite blog).

does anybody know if it’s been SCRUBBED?

dprin339 on July 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Dayemm!! Kelly’s HOT!
HI KELLY!!! Call me!!

LOL!! (no really)

KMC1 on July 28, 2009 at 10:20 AM

A teachable moment, indeed!

cirrus on July 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Taking victories one mind at a time.

Count to 10 on July 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM

That cop reminded me of Pam Grier in Jackie Brown. Nice. I gotta go watch that movie now.

Pcoop on July 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM

A magnificent woman.

PattyJ on July 28, 2009 at 10:51 AM

shick on July 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM

What color were the people who locked them up and then sold them off?
By the way, look around the globe. It’s STILL Happening.
This should be a dead issue in America.

bridgetown on July 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Does anyone have the link to barry’s statement condemning barbra boxers condescending treatment of the head of the Black Chamber of Commerce? I would think that an example of racist behavior by someone in such a high place in government would deserve a comment by the first black president and he is sensitive to all the injustice in this racist country.

peacenprosperity on July 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Will she get the Joe the Plumber treatment now?

WisCon on July 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Nice to see black folks who don’t drink the Sharpton/Jackson/Obama/Gates/Wright racial kool-aid. Although most likely they’re now targets for the Liberal Plantation attack dogs.

infidel4life on July 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I agree. She didn’t even recognize that she was being racist, though.

AnninCA on July 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM

That vid was very cool. Crowley is a lucky chap to have such steadfast friends.

LimeyGeek on July 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

It’s easy to explain why liberals are racist.
They judge everybody and everything according to race.

MarkTheGreat on July 28, 2009 at 11:41 AM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Gee….it’s so simple….how about we start with ‘affirmative action’ and watch you flounder as you desperately try to explain how that isn’t quintessentially racist.

LimeyGeek on July 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I guess Crowley learned a lesson about voting too. When you vote for a racist like Obama and Deval Patrick, then you will pay the price sooner or later. Crowley got it sooner, but this is an object lesson for cop unions who support the Demoncrat Party.

federale86 on July 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Because you twits can’t fathom a world in which certain people don’t need your help to survive?

Because the sneering condescension of the “that’s nice dear, I’ll put this on the fridge” culture you guys display at every opportunity is painfully obvious to everyone?

Because the supreme irony of wealthy white intellectuals getting together with their wealthy white intellectual friends to opine on the evils of racism until they go home to their wealthy white neighborhoods is only lost on the people so buried in that culture that they can no longer see the day?

Yeah. Floundering all right.

TheUnrepentantGeek on July 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM

And of course, they don’t count, cuz they’re all pigs right?

THANK YOU, OH ARBITRATOR OF RACIAL AUTHENTICITY!

I’ve really got to thank you trolls for spicing up the conversation and reminding me daily why I’m so very glad I’m not a liberal. Nobody does a better job of convincing me of the merit of conservative positions than you guys do.

TheUnrepentantGeek on July 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I just called the Cambridge police department and commended them for their classy behavior through all of the negative things said about them in regard to the Gates affair. I feel sure they appreciate knowing most of us support them.

silvernana on July 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Good, now that we’ve gotten race out of the way maybe people will focus on the real problem this case illustrates: cops shouldn’t have the right to arrest someone simply because they’re rude.

Instead of having all these touchy feely programs to “educate” cops about racial profiling, maybe Crowley can start being the outreach officer in charge of explaining how Contempt Of Cop isn’t a real crime and how they should deal with assholes without handcuffs or tasers.

Jaynie59 on July 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM

How beautiful. This is a great example of how we should act towards eachother. Amazingly, this could shame those who support a victim mentality. On the other hand… I can just hear them whining, “We still have so much work to do.”

“OK,” I’ll reply,”let’s start with you.”

CynicalOptimist on July 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM

This was not an easy thing to do.

DaMav on July 28, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Yes indeed!

chipandcharge on July 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Darvin Dowdy on July 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Don’t forget Morgan Freeman.

Fighton03 on July 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM

This whole thing is stupid. It is obvious that Gates is a black who uses his skin color for a defense when all else fails and that Crowley is just a cop doing his job. It is really too bad that Obama showed that he is just as as radical as Gates.

duff65 on July 28, 2009 at 2:01 PM

infidel4life on July 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Black folks who lean right have a tough road to walk. There’s a hell of a lot of pressure from many other blacks (and white liberals like crr6) to give in, to go along with conventional wisdom and talk the Sharpton talk like everybody else.

Django on July 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM

A company I worked for was sued because I fired someone who was Black. It was all considered racism, and really got out of hand. A Black person that was my coworker came forward and pretty much vindicated me the same way we see in this video. There is so much good in all people, and racism is simply ugly and evil no matter what color is pushing it.

Hening on July 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I can’t help noticing Don Lemon’s unchallenged use of the term “Dr. Gates.” It needs to be made clear to all concerned that this guy in fact has only a Bachelor’s degree (NTTAWWT,) and has based his entire career on being a victim and race-monger.

warbaby on July 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Just FYI, Gates has a Master’s and Ph.D. from Cambridge.

jazz_piano on July 28, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I think you mean Skipaquiddick, not Gatesgate.

andycanuck on July 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Just FYI, Gates has a Master’s and Ph.D. from Cambridge.

jazz_piano on July 28, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Also a master degree in several other areas:
Police baiting
Racial baiting
Accusation baiting
and several others…he has his masters….which would make him a PHD and a Master Baiter…

right2bright on July 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Don’t forget Morgan Freeman.

Fighton03 on July 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I’d rethink that. He is in a relationship with his stepdaughter who he was banging since she was a teenager,
under his wife’s nose, ala Woody Allen.

tessa on July 28, 2009 at 5:05 PM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Here’s an interesting note:

It is the Democratic Party that is home to all who call themselves liberal and/or progressive. It is also home to all those who advocate reparations for crimes and injustices going back to the beginning of our Founding which predates both Parties. This confirms vital importance placed on the history of all grievences by individuals and institutions involved in supporting and perpetuating said grievences, injustices, and crimes.

The unreasonable and gratuitous measures (affirmitive action, reparations, etc.) taken to rectify these wrongs are indicative of not only hypocrisy but an outright obsession. If the timeline of these complaints predates both Parties and are current still, then the Parties’ history must be included.

Yet their (your) endorsements and support are squarely behind the Party that justified slavery. The Party that gave us Secession (which included a component of the slave issue), Jim Crow, segregation and a current US Senator who was a Kleagle in the KKK.

For the race obsessed, it is noteworthy that you feel comfortable with this ideological home.

anuts on July 28, 2009 at 5:08 PM

When a thread like this follows another Obama screwup you almost always….

Run out of popcorn.

Sapwolf on July 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM

under his wife’s nose, ala Woody Allen.

tessa on July 28, 2009 at 5:05 PM

and this involves his publicly stated views on race how?

Fighton03 on July 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Just FYI, Gates has a Master’s and Ph.D. from Cambridge.

jazz_piano on July 28, 2009 at 3:18 PM

According to wiki, he’s made several stabs at getting a graduate degree–including at Cambridge–but none successfully.

baldilocks on July 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM

baldilocks on July 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM

That article is less than clear, but here’s his bio on Harvard’s website.

I’m not defending his ideology or recent actions, by the way.

jazz_piano on July 28, 2009 at 6:48 PM

baldilocks on July 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM

That’s interesting. I was unaware that one could receive tenure professor status without Ph.D.

anuts on July 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Sargent Crowley,

Do NOT go to DC.
The O will only slobber on your shoes.

And if he dares to come to Cambridge, IGNORE HIM!!
Accept only written apologies for you and your department.

Nice to have solid friends around you, isn’t it???

fred5678 on July 28, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Ms. King seems smart, articulate, and proved she is an honorable friend. She is the type woman that people look up to and will be persuaded by her opinions. Not good for O.

Trolls must be too busy on the other threads. heh!

HoustonRight on July 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM

If I read one more comment on this thread or others about how “Well spoken” or “Articluate” this woman is I’m going to have a conniption.

Good Lord. She is a police officer and a professional. Was she suppose to be speaking ebonics?!

Magnus on July 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Where would the blacks be if they were never brought to America??????????

Rick007 on July 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM

The vast majority of them would be living in absolute squalor, dying from starvation and treatable illnesses by the dozens every single day of the year.

If you ask me, Marcus Garvey’s movement should have caught on like wildfire. Having a handful of traumatized, battered survivors come crawling back to America to tell endless tales of horror of living in the world’s biggest toilet bowl would have welded shut the lips of many a race-card player.

Dark-Star on July 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Magnus on July 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I appreciate your point. But I just saw a part of this clip on Hannity, and I want to say that she was outstanding. She was a forceful as a two-by-four to the head. Hearning her say that she supported Obama and voted for him and that she wouldn’t vote for him again was powerful.

BuckeyeSam on July 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM

This was so heartwarming to watch.
As my Mom always taught us treat people with respect if you want respect back in return, and in almost every case it does work.

Sgt Crowley though might not have got it back in quite the way he’d wanted or expected, yet it is quite obvious after watching this how highly respected he is by his piers that know him. These people care for and respect him.

A great tribute!

wubu on July 28, 2009 at 10:17 PM

MLK was right that a person should be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Judging someone on a facet of their life that they have no control over, is simply juvenile. Where a person is born, or the color of their hair/eye/skin is completely out of anyone’s control. HOWEVER… At some point in a person’s life, they can and should be held accountable for their decisions and actions.

Kelly King clearly demonstrates a level of class and dignity that few of our so called leaders can even begin to comprehend. Much less aspire to, or emulate.

Kelly, you serve as a true beacon of hope in a time of disparity. To you, I tip my hat.

hoakie on July 29, 2009 at 12:49 AM

hoakie on July 29, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Exactly. And Mr. Gates’ expression “It’s not about me” demonstrates how clearly he has missed the mark as an educator. It IS about him. It’s about his poor behavior, it’s about is inability to recognize that respect is required BOTH ways, it’s about his inability to recognize that he has a position because he’s BLACK, not in spite of it (see the phrase “BLACK scholar”).

I also have seen recently that this tool is also of IRISH ancestry. Too bad. If he was a little tougher and truer to his Irish side we might share a pint, but this man instead of rushing to his neighbors looks to push them away instead.

Fighton03 on July 29, 2009 at 2:54 AM

The hug at the end……

The Aloha Spirit Lives.

More than ever…. there needs to be a real leader.

I say Palin. Just because.

Kini on July 29, 2009 at 5:19 AM

I’m surprised that Don didn’t jump from his mic?

Kini on July 29, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Let’s throw this back in….

Kini on July 29, 2009 at 5:40 AM

Go shake hands and have a beer with the man that thinks he picked up a terd by the clean end.

seven on July 29, 2009 at 9:13 AM

crr6 on July 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

No need, you prove it often.

Jim Treacher on July 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM