Video: The oddly obligatory “wedding party breaks it down” clip

posted at 1:33 pm on July 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

I wouldn’t have posted it if it were merely viral, but as the second clip demonstrates, it’s full-blown mega-viral now: After one week, the view count’s already creeping up on five million. What’s the fascination? Their moves are sweet, but not so sweet as to warrant an appearance on the Today show; the kooky-quirky-cute factor is sky high, but the same is true of any YouTube vid involving, say, kids or kittens. I think the key is the bride: In an age where entire television shows are devoted to women freaking out over the micro-details of their fairy-tale-princess fantasies, this one’s fun and mellow enough to actually boogie her way down the aisle. Awesome.

Every cynical eeyorish instinct in my body rebels against optimism, but in this case I can’t help it: I think they’re going to make it. Hold onto her, buddy. Hold on tight.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Esthier on July 27, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Are you a member of a Lutheran parish?

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:06 AM

You are correct. Only God can read hearts.

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:15 AM

You are correct. Only God can read hearts.

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Exactly,I’d never presume to read peoples hearts, nor Our Lords reactions to them. What I don’t understand is the fact that most in here won’t allow me my opinion that this recorded act is blasphemy. It is my opinion. They have theirs.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Yes I consider them blaspheming Our Lord in His House. Judging them isn’t my job.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:06 AM

And you base this just on your own particular opinion on what should be and what shouldn’t be considered proper behavior in a church, which is based solely on the traditions you grew up with, ones that would be considered blasphemous by those who grew up with Jesus.

Calling it blasphemy is judging.

Esthier on July 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

It *is* blasphemous.

By the way, I am not a Lutheran pastor. I am just a pew-sitting Lutheran layman who serves my Lord Jesus Christ and wants to see authentic Lutheranism represented correctly in quia.

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Are you a member of a Lutheran parish?

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Nope.

Except that’s exactly what you’re doing unless you somehow believe one can blaspheme God without meaning it or that God will treat this particular blaspheme differently than any other.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

No one is trying to stop you. I’m just arguing with you, giving my own opinion on that matter. That’s the whole point of these threads.

Esthier on July 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Calling it blasphemy is judging.

Esthier on July 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Uhhhm, maybe reading the whole thread might be a good idea? Jeff was reared and raised in the Roman Catholic Church before he fled their liberal apostasy for the Evangelical Lutheran Church expressed by the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:35 AM

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Doesn’t actually change my overall point about culture.

It was stupid of me to phrase it that way but I didn’t mean to be speaking about a specific church and its traditions but rather our culture in general that is very different from what Jesus even knew, which I had hoped was coming across because of that reference, though that still doesn’t excuse my sloppy writing.

Esthier on July 27, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Boxy_Brown, you must be a liberal to resort to making up stuff to win an argument. Jeff in WI has never posted that anyone who doesn’t believe exactly as he does is going to Hell.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on July 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Nope, just no tolerance for idiots and people without a sense of humor. Bye bye.

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 12:44 AM

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Okay, I get it. Really. Shimmying/Boogieing/Dancing down the aisle of a church is irreverent. Considering that church is kind of the place where reverence is defined I understand how some can find that behavior sinful and be contemptuous of it.

However, and I’d prefer explanations over flames, it seems to me that on the logarithmic scale that is religious devotion that such contempt is just a couple of notches away from honor killings.

So, humbly, I must ask, are all the criticisms about these sinners a sincere attempt to help them enter Heaven, or are they about something else?

DuffBeer on July 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM

OmahaConservative on July 27, 2009 at 12:35 AM

How parochial of you.

Loxodonta on July 27, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Awww. :)

Seriously, a very cute video. Their friends obviously think this wedding is a great idea; certainly no one is running around thinking that they will grin and bear it through the ceremony and be there for her/him during the divorce.

We’ve taken a lot of the joyous celebration out of wedding ceremonies. Good on this couple for bringing the focus to the celebration. :)

Roxeanne de Luca on July 27, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Re:OmahaConservative on July 26, 2009 at 7:11 PM

That is just plain foolish and ridiculous. I was baptized, catechized, attended K-8 parochial school, confirmed and reached adulthood in Jeff’s church body, The Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and never once were we taught, nor was it implied or suggested that Lutherans are the only ones going to heaven. The same holds true with my current church body, The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.

It’s really, really great of you to share your life’s story.

For those who wish to become further acquainted with the Lutheran confessions, the Book of Concord can be read online here.

Anything about finger wagging lectures about something as harmless as this was? Indeed, this Book of Concord you write of, does it help to take the joy out of joyous occasions and call expressions of love “blasphemous”?

Kind of missing the forest for the trees if it does.

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Serious conservative Christians in the Lutheran Church wear your insults as a badge of honor.-OmahaConservative

Allow me to bestow the honor of calling you tedious then.

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Boxy_Brown you are tickling me tonight. :-)

macblanegirl on July 27, 2009 at 1:58 AM

“Psalm 149
Praise to God for His Salvation and Judgment
1 Praise the LORD!

Sing to the LORD a new song,
And His praise in the assembly of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3 Let them praise His name with the dance;
Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.
4 For the LORD takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the humble with salvation.

5 Let the saints be joyful in glory;
Let them sing aloud on their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a two-edged sword in their hand,
7 To execute vengeance on the nations,
And punishments on the peoples;
8 To bind their kings with chains,
And their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute on them the written judgment—
This honor have all His saints.

Praise the LORD!”

………………………………

“Psalm 150
Let All Things Praise the LORD
1 Praise the LORD!

Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD!”

……………………………………

Should we dance in Church? I’m not against it. However, I currently attend a Baptist Church where they don’t allow it. Are they wrong? Am I? This is my point of view on the matter:

“Romans 14
The Law of Liberty
1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:

“ As I live, says the LORD,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.
The Law of Love

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e]is acceptable to God and approved by men.
19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.[f] 22 Do you have faith?[g] Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.[h]”

…………………………………….

If you think that it is wrong, then it is wrong for you. Nothing is unclean in and of itself, but you must follow what you believe to be the best way to worship The Lord (insofar as there are no clear instructions- the clear instructions you must follow).

I am marrying in September at the said Baptist Church. Would I like to dance at the reception with my new wife? Yes. Will I? No. I will respect the codes of the Church. After all, it is such a small point. We should disregard the small points and remember that, as long as we worship The Lord of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, The Great I AM, through his son Jesus Christ, with The Holy Spirit guiding us, then we will not go wrong or astray.

Theophile

Theophile on July 27, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Calling it blasphemy is judging.

Esthier on July 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM

No, a judge in any case renders not only a decision/but also a punishment. Utimately,I can do neither.
To say I can’t have an opinion on whether something is or isn’t blasphemies, or have an opinion whether anything is right or wrong, because I might be “judging”someone, is the
most illogical reasoning you can come up with. Using your reasoning I couldn’t consider abortion as murder because I would be “judging” people.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Well, I liked it and enjoy the respite from all of the rest of the doom and gloom we are looking at these days. My daughter and her fiancee are planning an off-beat wedding and I can’t wait to see what they do. Most weddings are anything but fun while the bride gets to spend a zillion bucks on being queen for a day!

Most of the folks around here are not qualified to speak on behalf of God, so maybe we should just disregard some of the judgmental comments.

InTheBellyoftheBeast on July 27, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Off beat wedding. Oh goody! Child sacrifice, stand up comic, party hats, cross dressing,just what zany ideas will people do to top this 290 lb slob doing a hand stand in Our Lords house.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Once again, your derangement is not allowing your mind to separate celebration from the idiotic.

There was dancing, singing and clapping at my wedding. Of course we were married outside, there was no atifical concept of where G-d “was”. He is everywhere, and he is glad to see his children happy. That is my opinion and you have yours. But please try to be honest about it without trying to add some sort of sensational straw man to turn this into something that it is not.

Child Sacrifice? Really?

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Child sacrifice wouldn’t be OK, but the rest would? LOL

I’m glad you had a wonderful wedding outdoors. That would be an outstanding place for that fat 290 lb slob in the video, to do his handstand while they danced to the music of a woman beater.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I was just picking the most ridiculous of your overexagerrated list.

As for that “Slob”, you arent doing your argument any favors by adding extra layers of jerkiness to your rants.

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Excuse me, I’ll retry that again to gain your..LOL..approval.
An outdoor wedding would be an outstanding place to have had that rather husky lad perform his gymnastics, while the remainder of the group dance to the melodious sounds of that quaint song written by a gentleman who had the unfortunate accident of having a woman continually run into his fist.

Is that more acceptable to you?

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Is that more acceptable to you?

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM

No, Jeff, You are still not getting it. The extent of your discussion is a string of unrelated straw men, interspersed with lectures aobut Lutheran Theology and a complete failure at understaning that THESE PEOPLE CLEARLY DO NOT SHARE YOUR BELIEFS.

Since all of these things have escaped you. I wanst holding out hope for much else.

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I loved it. Made me smile. Which is in very short supply these days. I hope their lives are full of joy and love.

Remember Jesus at the wedding? He changed water into wine. In some sects (Baptist, for one), that would be blasphemy to drink alcohol.

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 10:14 AM

LOL…How many times and ways do I have to explain I haven’t lectured anyone about Lutheran Theology.Other people who know a lot more than me have, but I haven’t.
Second, I know you love the term straw men. Did you just learn it? I understand they don’t share my beliefs, but what was this thread all about, for 100% to get on here and gush about “loving”,”joyous”and a bunch of other platitudes?
There IS no dissenting views allowed?

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM

-Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Aaaah yes… the mentally masturbatory moral grandstanding equivalent of a leftist calling someone a racist and jealousy at seeing someone else have a shot at happiness… 5 pages of increasingly bitter rationalization on how it’s blasphemous to not be a petty wanker.

That was my reaction as well Eeyore, little did I know that hope, love and charity were blasphemous.

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Sniff, sniff, how could I be so wrong. I can see it all now, the handstand by the beefy guy, the somersault by the groom, the all star wrestling/roller derby body whipping of the two ladies. Of course these are just joyous, loving acts at a wedding, topped off by a song sung by a poor misunderstood African American recently noted as having his poor fists assaulted by his girlfriends face.
How could I be so wrong not to simply gush over these acts in, what after all, is only a church.
How could I be so unfeeling to actually believe that a person is actually allowed to think some things aren’t appropriate for church. How dare me have that view. I’m sure it was my laziness in taking that side of the argument instead of the hard work and determination to go along with the crowds. Please forgive me my horrible ways. I pledge to do better in your eyes and see every act in church as loving and joyful.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Jeff,

My New Testament says that my body is the Lord’s house and that He no longer dwells in a building but indwells all those who know and trust Him.

The “temple as a sanctuary” concept is a vestige of the Old Testament according to O.T. law when it was the dwelling place of God one time every year after the high priest had entered the Holy of Holies to sprinkle blood on the altar.

What I do with my body determines what is a sacrilege. Not disagreeing with you as to appropriateness, but to me the jury is still out on whether or not these young people are committing sacrilege with their bodies. Since they did get married, I’m thinking not here. Not now.

rwenger43 on July 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM

rwenger43 on July 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Check above, I’ve come around to 95% of the people in this threads thinking. As long as it looks like people are having fun, nothing is evil or blasphemous. Anything goes if it has a catchy tune, and people are smiling. It’s all wonderful, loving, joyous and non- straw manned.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Mhmmm. Your words ooooze with sincerity. I must admit that it took 2 views for the whole dance thing to grow on me.

I appreciate the strength of your concerns. My approval or lack of it doesn’t settle any of the questions raised about God being glorified in this.

rwenger43 on July 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM

rwenger43 on July 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I’ve been quite surprised by the attitude of 95% of people on this thread. While I thought this was a conservative blog in general, I was amazed that they were so adamant that there could be no dissenting view on this issue. That there could be no one questioning whether or not this was an appropriate thing to do in church. To tell you the truth, it kind of reminds me of a week or so back when Michael Jackson died.
Here was by any measure a person who at the worst, was a full blown pedophile, and at best, a very strange adult around children clearly doing thing while not illegal, at least inappropriate. Yet is anything was said about that a person got nothing but flack about how “wonderful” an entertainer he was, as if that excused his actions. I expected logic like that with liberals, but not those calling themselves conservatives.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Sorry…I was on the phone..very disjointed post above.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM

It’s not about the dissent, it’s about the sneering, puritanical way that everyone in that wedding party is going to hell because they “desecrated” the church that got on my nerves.

I swear, you sound just like my ex. Very puritanical in his thinking, everyone’s wrong but him. Wrong or right, God will decide.

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I wish I would have done this, although our parents or our Rabbi probably wouldn’t have been down with it.

AprilOrit on July 27, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Sarah,I’ll wait for you to do it. Please find ANYWHERE in this thread where I said someone was going to hell. Anywhere in here. If you do, copy it and I’ll shut up forever, if not admit you are wrong.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM

….I’m waiting….

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Oh Sarah…..I’m waiting…exactly WHERE did I say someone was going to hell??!

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM

LOL…Sarah, you make false, misleading claims about people. Hmmm..perhaps your ex isn’t as bad as you claim.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Well Sarah, it’s been 20 minutes. Let’s just both admit you’re full of it.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Sniff, sniff, how could I be so wrong.
Jeff from WI

Oh it’s simple… you are a bitter, jealous attention whore out to demonstrate your self proclaimed moral superiority and not you’re not above holding an entire thread hostage in an overcompensating performance that makes the wedding party above look positively restrained.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Do you think I care?

At least I’m not full of bile and bitterness, like you.

Sorry, had something else to do besides answering you.

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Do you think I care?

At least I’m not full of bile and bitterness, like you.

Sorry, had something else to do besides answering you.

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM

What, were you on another thread lying about someone?

Wow, what a comeback…ROFLMAO

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Who is the one getting excited and overcompensating??

Holding a thread hostage? ROFL…how the heck do you do that?

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I thought the video was cute and I hope they have a very happy life.

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Is this “debate” still going on?

Of course, when the hymn “Ein’ feste Burg ist unser Gott” appeared in Germany, written by martin Luther, it was in German…not Latin…a sacrilege. And it was sung in German here in this mid-west town each Sunday until the outbreak of the First World War, when meetings and assemblies wherein German was spoken became borderline illegal, and Wilson’s patriotic police made sure that the word got out…singing Hun songs was not patriotic. My family was required to change the spelling of our family name…to a less German looking one…unless my grandfather wished to lose his job as a machinist. No Huns need apply.

No one has exclusive claim to the keys to the Kingdom, though many might argue otherwise, sort of like those who live Shariah daily. And if the ELCA says events such as this wedding are an appropriate ELCA expression of joy at the joining of one man and one woman in marriage, then so be it…for the ELCA. Missouri Synod need not apply. Nor a few others.

As a practicing Roman Catholic, [and I have explored the liturgy in both the Missouri Synod and the ELCA over the years of my wandering away from the Roman Catholic reservation] I wish we Roman Catholics would allow more vernacular and more individualism into those key events…weddings, baptisms, and yes, funerals. So long as the Canons of the Church are followed when it comes to the actual Liturgy, why not let members of the Church express honest joy? I follow the Canons. I live them. Or try my damndest to do so.

I for one, find that the somberness of funerals is somewhat anathema to the Beliefs of the Church. There should be expressions of Joy at funerals…after all, if one is a believer, then dying is that necessary step to attain the Kingdom, we should rejoice and be glad that the dearly departed is now closer to Christ than we….and we should be able to express that. But, no…somber and darkness rules.

For these kids and their families…this wedding I hope is indicative of the life they will lead as a couple, unafraid of the stick-in-the-mud’s and willing to openly express joy at the wonders of God according to the teachings of their Church.

coldwarrior on July 27, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I know you love the term straw men. Did you just learn it?

No, I did not learn it, but it suits your posts so perfectly that I continue to use it.

Yes dissenting voices are allowed, and we are allowed to call you on it.

Also any time someone tries to lay some knowledge on you in an imperious manner, that is a lecture in my book, not matter your qualifications.

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Your illusions of persecution aside, I dont think anyone has said you cant say it. I do feel the need to call you, particularly on your ridiculous comparisons of this dance to Child Sacrifice. You can say what you want, you have the right to be a sanctimonious jerk if you want. That does not take away my right to contest your assertion. Since, as you have observed, you are in the minority here, you should have prepared yourself to be beaten up a bit about it.

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Do you think I care?

At least I’m not full of bile and bitterness, like you.

Sorry, had something else to do besides answering you.

Sarah2053 on July 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Epic Fail,
Sarah, please do us a favor, dont talk anymore.

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I’ll just chime in to say I would be very uncomfortable being a part of a parish that would allow this.

That said, I hope Jill and Kevin have a wonderful life together.

JohnTant on July 27, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Squid, seriously, why do you have your undies in a bundle regarding my view that this isn’t appropriate in a church.
I’ve been told I’ve condemned people to hell, (a lie) that I’ve lectured, (a lie as I wouldn’t feel I’m theologically educated enough to lecture anyone). That being said I think I’ve been a heck of a nice guy considering the lies used against me.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM

That said, I hope Jill and Kevin have a wonderful life together.

JohnTant on July 27, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I wish a wonderful life for them as well. Although I don’t think what was shown was appropriate for church, I don’t think it’s their fault in any case.It’s the pastor?? Pastoress’?fault for not guiding them correctly.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Pastoress’?fault for not guiding them correctly.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Why hold back now, call her a priestitute like before.

You nice guy, you.

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Well if you think that being mistaken for condeming someone to hell (even though you did call it blaspheming and several other hell oriented offenses) or being called a lecturer (even though you and Omaha tag-teamed us on the history of Lutheranism and the MS) is comparable to calling an ordained minister a “priestetute”, a married couple blasphemers, and one of their wedding party a “fat slob” then I think you need to get your sense of justice adjusted.

Squid Shark on July 27, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Jeff from WI, with all the free time on his hands wrote:

Who is the one getting excited and overcompensating??

Again, that would be you. Thought I made that clear enough

Holding a thread hostage? ROFL…how the heck do you do that?

By plopping your diva blow-hard ass in the middle of it and going on and on about how incorrect all this is to Jeff from why.

Betcha they have a long, happy, prosperous life together and raise a bunch of good kids who don’t even need braces… While you sit in your rec-room hitting refresh and badger people for taking longer than 20 minutes to tell you that you are a tool.

Just burns you up, don’t it? Those blasphemers! :-D

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 4:15 PM

People, if you don’t believe exactly as Jeff from WI does you are going to spend all eternity in Hell. (Which will resemble an endless car trip through Wisconsin with Jeff in the back seat yapping about what he learned in Sunday school 50 years ago.)

Boxy_Brown on July 26, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Well, well,we have Boxy here, like Boxy’s good friend Sarah, spinning lies. Maybe that’s where Sarah got it wrong. I didn’t condemn anyone to hell, here it was YOU mentioning it.

Jeff from WI on July 27, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Well, well,we have Boxy here, like Boxy’s good friend Sarah, spinning lies.

That’s a serious charge. Where did I lie? You are going to need to point that out or else it is you that is the liar.

I didn’t condemn anyone to hell, here it was YOU mentioning it.

Just called them blasphemous, likened this to “Child sacrifice” even fat… On and on…

12 whole minutes before your retort, too. During the middle of a work day. You really are providing a great example of Christian work ethic in addition to Christian love. That’s kind of cementing that whole “Jeff just in this to trash the newlyweds because he’s a miserable bastard with too much time on his hands” theory.

That’s not the stuff of good spiritual advisers. Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself…

Boxy_Brown on July 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM