Rick Sanchez: Hispanics who work for Fox News have “sold out”; Update: Julie Banderas responds; Update: Fox News PR hammers Sanchez

posted at 12:53 pm on July 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via ICN, this isn’t the first time he’s spectacularly demagogued Fox. Your official progressive “national conversation on race” tweet of the day:

do u know how much money i’d make if i’d sold out as hispanic and worked at fox news, r u kidding, one problem, looking in mirror

Mind you, this is a guy who evidently has no problem looking in the mirror right now despite (a) having a hit-and-run DUI on his record and (b) sharing a network with Lou Dobbs, whom many amnesty shills would say is the most passionately anti-illegal-immigration — and therefore, per lefty racial politics, “anti-Hispanic” — newsman on American television. Or have I misunderstood him and this isn’t about Fox’s immigration coverage at all but rather a highly nuanced point that “authentic” Hispanics must be liberals and therefore any Hispanic on the conservative news network is ipso facto a sellout?

I’m hoping for some pushback from Julie Banderas on the air this afternoon. We shall see. Meanwhile, a humble request to any Foxies who might stumble upon this post: When, as is inevitable, Geraldo turns up on Fox & Friends or wherever to talk about this, please have the integrity to remind him that he’s engaged in the same repulsive, racist “authenticity” politics that Sanchez is guilty of here.

Update: Banderas answers the bell.

As a wise Latina woman, I have no comment other than to say if I were Rick Sanchez, I wouldn’t look in the mirror, period.

Update: The Fox News PR department goes nuclear:

A Fox News spokesperson tells Mediaite: “Everyone knows that Rick is an industry joke, he shows that he’s a hack everyday. And he doesn’t have to worry about working at FOX because we only hire talent who have the ability to generate ratings.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I wonder if someone would mind giving Mr. Sanchez a ride home, after that whooping I think he will be groggy for a few days.

Joe Pyne on July 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Question, when are Hispanic Americans just going to be plain old Americans?

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Oyle!

BuckeyeSam on July 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM

LOL!

atheling on July 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Jeff:

You could say that about a lot of people. I read a quote from Teddy Roosevelt, to the effect that he did not want hyphenated Americans. He was thinking of Italian Americans I think.

Terrye on July 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Pissing against the wind again?

atheling on July 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM

The Fox News PR department goes nuclear:

Direct hit!!

ICBM on July 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM

They should have mentioned his DUI conviction in reference to the mirror part.

lorien1973 on July 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I have no idea who this hack is… Never heard if him before… Seriously… He sounds like a RACIST if he thinks Hispanics can’t work at FNC… I presume he works for CNN, “the most trusted name in news”… Makes sense now… CNN and Rick Sanchez deserve each other… Thanks for being a “healer” Rick… Keep up the good work!

Khun Joe on July 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Khun Joe on July 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Unfortunately this story gives him pub.

Most people have never heard of him.The guy is a smarmy joke. Can I post that without getting sued? /sarc

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Notice how the race issue is heating up?

I wonder if this administration wants to whip up a racist frenzy to keep whitey down to distract from the real issues and intimidate a strongly growing opposition to him? His poll numbers are sinking. The economy is sinking. He is laughed at around the world. Double digit unemployment is looming. Rogue regimes are sabre-rattling. He cannot galvanize support from a Democrat-dominated Congress. He has made numerous embarassing public flubs.

Might this administration be stirring the pot?

atheling on July 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM

eff:

Terrye on July 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM

It’s long over-do for everyone

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 9:23 PM

“Question, when are Hispanic Americans just going to be plain old Americans?

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM”

When they outnumber white Americans, in several years.

Star20 on July 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM

That’s not her real last name. She’s not Latina.
texaninfidel on July 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM

She actually appears to be of Colombian descent per wikipedia.

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Ahhh… BURN!!

JohnGalt23 on July 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Question, when are Hispanic Americans just going to be plain old Americans?

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM”

When they outnumber white Americans, in several years.

Star20 on July 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM

You’re probably right

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM

ChickaBOOMer — Rick Sanchez: A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

StewartIII on July 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Rick is pure awesome in that he sincerely doesnt know he’s a joke so he will never stop giving. I’m sure he surrounds himself with people who tell him he’s wonderful and brave all day long.

He’s a parody, and blissfully ignorant of it.

Dash on July 25, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Isn’t he kin to Cynthia Mckinney ?

Texyank on July 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM

That was good for me… I hope Fox News enjoyed it as much as I did. I can go to sleep now. ;)

mankai on July 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

i had never heard of rick sanchez prior to today.

what have i missed?

toenail on July 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

This is the garbage you get from some guy who’s BAC is higher than his GPA.

proudteadrinker on July 25, 2009 at 11:20 PM

They had a chance to strike at Sanchez’s racism and lack of personal honor, but instead they went for a petty swipe at his ratings? Weak. Would be nice if there was a news network that wasn’t obsessed with either ratings-at-any-cost or “authentic” identity politics. Probably too much to ask.

Mark Jaquith on July 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

i had never heard of rick sanchez prior to today.

what have i missed?

toenail on July 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Not much believe me.

MalindaH on July 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Just like CNN – Their people seem to be either a racist or some condescending, holier than thou ideologue….

DL13 on July 25, 2009 at 11:45 PM

DL13 on July 25, 2009 at 11:45 PM

…..or a crazy a-hole who needs to be put in a mental hospital…..cough cough cough…..CAFFERTY!

NathanG on July 25, 2009 at 11:48 PM

This is the garbage you get from some guy who’s BAC is higher than his GPA.

proudteadrinker on July 25, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Also, BAC > IQ.

unclesmrgol on July 25, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Mark Jaquith on July 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Not weak. We’ve had several days of “Gates and Obama played the race card” and it was getting old. So Sanchez doubles down and loses both on looks and on ratings — so why even go there on the race thing when it’s so obvious that it’s a freebie that Fox doesn’t even have to mention for it to be “mentioned”.

unclesmrgol on July 25, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Sanchez isn’t bright enough to know he’s been smacked down.

jack herman on July 25, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Update: Banderas answers the bell.

Yet another reason why I *heart* Julie Banderas.

powerpro on July 25, 2009 at 11:55 PM

When Fox News PR “experts” have to deliver such a pedestrian, childish retort, it just makes them look unprofessional and stupid. They should just ignore him and get on with things. Why do they have the unbridled need to get down in the mud as well? Who’s running their PR team, Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie?

dcwvu on July 25, 2009 at 11:59 PM

The Fox News PR department goes nuclear:

I really don’t like ridiculing others. But that was just so incredibly well deserved and delicious.

Loxodonta on July 26, 2009 at 12:01 AM

dcwvu on July 25, 2009 at 11:59 PM

You know you want to be Paris’ newest BFF…

Upstater85 on July 26, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Question, when are Hispanic Americans just going to be plain old Americans?

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM

You better watch that comment!

I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, where we are US Citizens at birth, use US dollars, and carry US Passports. We cannot vote for POTUS, we have say in US Congress but no vote. POTUS sends thousands of PR soldiers to all and any wars, we have no say. BUT if one of our soldiers fall, on the news these soldiers are called Americans. BTW us taxpayers send approx. $1B to Puerto Rico for many federal programs and other benefits.

Of course I acknowledge the fact that I was born and raised in PR, but I am as American as a hot dog; what sucks for us is that Americans born and raised in the US don’t care where this island is located. Your loss, we vote approx. 86% of the time; 4 million ppl can decide elections. RNC should change primary rules for POTUS by allowing US Territories to vote. DNC allows this to happen, and candidates have to campaign, show up, state their agenda and wait for results.

If the Puerto Ricans, US Citizens, feel that US don’t care for them–is precisely b/c nobody’s paying serious attention to them. The MSM was baffled when Hillary and Obama traveled to campaign, and they voted but at the end, they cannot vote for POTUS.

As far as illegal aliens, I say this: THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW AND MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS. No POTUS so far has been strong in the borders. A US Border Agent was shot and killed today. How many of them will die before the WH will do anything?

I am getting tired of the bias and lack of knowledge of the treatment the people of PR get from the US. I live here and am mistaken for Mexican and I feel it. Other Spanish-speaking countries put us down and I have had it. I feel some envy b/c of our citizenship, privileges and freedom.

I am against also, that descendants of PR parents that were born and raised in NY have any say of PR’s final status destiny. Judge Sotomayor supports independence for PR when she was not born or raised there (one of her famous articles); then how come her, JLo and millions of them want to decide another island’s fate?

Sorry for the rant, but there is so much Americans should know other than O’s destruction of the US (which will affect PR and US Territories); I wish PR was more attuned to these matters. But like us, they are in the bubble and it hasn’t burst yet.

ProudPalinFan on July 26, 2009 at 12:05 AM

ProudPalinFan on July 26, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Not an expert, but why doesn’t PR become a state…?

Upstater85 on July 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM

You know you want to be Paris’ newest BFF…

Upstater85 on July 26, 2009 at 12:04 AM

That you reference that show so quickly shows you’re clearly shopping on the same side of the grocery aisle.

dcwvu on July 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM

dcwvu on July 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Well… yeah. I have cable.

Upstater85 on July 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Get ready for Ricky’s ratings sheet. He talks about how is ratings are better than Fox. In his slot.
In the past it has gone something like this,
“And thank you for you viewers who once again made us number one! We beat everyone between 3:00 to 4:00 among 24-35 year olds…..which as everyone that is anyone in this industry knows – is the most important demographic….”
In 5… 4… 3… 2…

JeffinOrlando on July 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM

wow what a scumbag.

I loved that question earlier that asked when are Hispanic Americans just going to be Americans? I don’t try to project being one when I go about my daily life. I like spicy mexican food, but jam out to metal bands like Pantera or Dream Theater.

Get Rebecca Diamond to incinerate Sancho’ as well.

bombos on July 26, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Get Rebecca Diamond to incinerate Sancho’ as well.

bombos on July 26, 2009 at 12:18 AM

…Yeah… I’m getting to the point where I just really don’t care what special group you are part of. Just do your thing and enjoy life (and in your case rock out ^^)

Upstater85 on July 26, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Question, when are Hispanic Americans just going to be plain old Americans?

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM

When they stop allowing themselves to respond to the constant pandering by liberals and start serving their real conservative selves internally. That means they need to stop lying to themselves whenever something pops out of a liberals mouth that sounds like it’s great for latinos.

It’s always B.S. When they wake up to this fact and stop lying to themselves then they’ll be on the path to becoming real Americans.

Spiritk9 on July 26, 2009 at 12:33 AM

zing!

thebrokenrattle on July 26, 2009 at 1:08 AM

CNN : The Most Frustrated Name In News

macncheez on July 26, 2009 at 1:38 AM

That’s a hell of a response by Fox! I guess Sanchez never would of guessed he would garner a retort like that! I wonder who’s the smarter anchor here, Julie Banderas who can formulate a complete and coherent sentence. Or Rick Sanchez, who posts Twitter messages like he’s 11… this is a tough one.

Cr4sh Dummy on July 26, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Hey Rick,

Do yo practice in front of the mirror?
I mean, being an ahole. Do you practice?

Kini on July 26, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Question, when are Hispanic Americans just going to be plain old Americans?
Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Hopefully when African American can identify themselves as just plain old Americans as well. Way too much labeling and categorizing in this country which leads to crap like Rick Sanchez (yes the entire person) and the Gates melodrama.

I tired of race cards and I am tired of Rick Sanchez. As an American of Cuban decent he is a TOTAL embarrassment. At least since he’s on CNN we don’t have to see him on our local news!

DRod on July 26, 2009 at 4:24 AM

Fox News needs to seriously go after Keith Olbermann, who like Sanchez, not many people know who he is either. Olbergoebbels is a disease, one that has infected the MSM as far as “How much can I spin the news and get away with it”.

They could call it the “Death of Journalism” and use Olbergoebbels as “Ground Zero”. I know Hannity could handle this. Have psychiatrists come on to analyze him, experts on propaganda to review his “reportage”, analyze how the show is set up to disseminate propaganda, as well as the mental health of people who believe this T.V. Turd…

It’s high time the “Other Side” starts giving major smackdowns….

adamsmith on July 26, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Update: Banderas answers the bell.

Late to the game here, but I gotta say,

I LOVE me some Julie Banderas!

What a babe.

Speaking of FOX babes, I wonder if Rebecca Gomez has a comment.

UltimateBob on July 26, 2009 at 5:51 AM

adamsmith on July 26, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Right on.

UltimateBob on July 26, 2009 at 5:53 AM

Dirty Sanchez writes:

Personally, I know more conservative Hispanics than leftist ones. Dirty Sanchez, would you call them sell outs too? They probably make more money than you do.

Live and die poor for your backwards beliefs, a$$hole.

UltimateBob on July 26, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Did Banderas delete that twitter entry? It’s not there anymore.

(I didn’t even know you could delete a tweet).

powerpro on July 26, 2009 at 6:04 AM

DRod on July 26, 2009 at 4:24 AM

I’m tired of it too. I’m a “mutt” when it comes to my ancestry. I never could understand why a person cared about where grandpa or grandma came from anyhow. It has nothing to do with this generation. Those new legal Americans I don’t think need the hyphens either, I just think they’re glad to be here.

Jeff from WI on July 26, 2009 at 6:38 AM

Who’s Rick Sanchez?

Now, I know Julie Banderas. She’s quite a talented newsie on Fox and I usually see her on Saturdays and sometimes filling in here and there. She gives great analysis and I like watching her.

Sanchez…. hmm never heard of him.

ted c on July 26, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Who’s Rick Sanchez?

He was in Menudo until he killed an innocent person while driving drunk. Menudo threw him out of the band because they didn’t want to associate with someone like that (and because of his personal habits and the constant lawsuits from mothers of 12 year old boys)and then cnn hired him because it needed to increase the integrity level of their talking heads.

peacenprosperity on July 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM

peacenprosperity on July 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Hmm. So this is what embodies “integrity” at CNN….

not surprised…

ted c on July 26, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Sanchez is a leftist idiot and can stick it in his ear or the orifice of his choice.

rplat on July 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Oh…he’s waaay ahead of ya on that one.

soundingboard on July 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Not an expert, but why doesn’t PR become a state…?

Upstater85 on July 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Most Puerto Ricans like Commonwealth status. They don’t have to pay federal income taxes.

Ted Torgerson on July 26, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Notice how the race issue is heating up?….

Might this administration be stirring the pot?

atheling on July 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM

That’s exactly what I’m thinking.

I wonder if Sanchez would have been best ignored by Fox.

Anyway, I think I’m going to try to stay focused on the healthcare articles and posts from now on.

misslizzi on July 26, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I admire Sanchez’ integrity. It takes intelligence and courage today to actually say things the way they are, against the flow of corruption.

Zelaya on Clinton as to America:

“I think she has to be given the correct information so that she comes to see what is happening in Honduras and her words are to complain about the coup leaders, not the heroic people that are resisting and accompanying me so that things return to normal,” he said.

Back to normal, drug cartel politician profiteering and corruption, false imprisonment and summary executions. And lest we forget, burn the babies you’re there to “save”.

By referencing Zelaya’s insanity as “risky”, Hillary admits her own situation. No “good” deed goes unpunished, b!tch.

maverick muse on July 26, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Hmm.

Me thinks that Mr. Sanchez just paid his La Racist dues for the year.

locomotivebreath1901 on July 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM

I suspect this idiot will quickly become a czar of some kind in the Obama administration. Can’t even imagine how many people get on their knees in front of Obama on a daily basis. It seems like Obama only takes freaks and clowns into his private world.

Keemo on July 26, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Imagine ‘Lil Ricky’s response if there wasn’t any Hispanics working at FOX!

Conclusion– Dammed if you do- Dammed if you don’t.

Bicyea on July 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM

this was his post 7 hours ago “im not scared anymore. and it feels great to be fearless”

How do you say PANTYWAIST in Espanol?

ckdexterhaven on July 26, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Check out this wonderful hispanic lady saying any criticism of illegal immigration and any group that is critical of illegal immigration is a race group. Pay close attention how she continues to cite the ADL and the SPLC as the organizations that smear these groups and individuals as hate groups/individuals. Yes, the ADL and the SPLC are the official designators of supposed hate speech, that’s why they are working closely with Congress to pass the Hate Crimes bill that will be the first step towards regulating speech ala the EU.

This coalition of extreme liberal Jewish organizations and extreme liberal American-Mexican organizations is the mechanism that will attempt to stifle conservative speech. The ADL, SPLC, La Raza, MECHA, all these liberal racist organizations present a dangerous attack on our free speech.

Que onda con estos grupos racistas extremos? Yo me canso de este pinchi juego!

True_King on July 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM

We cannot vote for POTUS, we have say in US Congress but no vote.

ProudPalinFan on July 26, 2009 at 12:05 AM

This is a good summary of current voting status in PR.

Hence, only two ways for PR residents to vote for President
a) Modify Constitution to allow Electors to be appointed for Territories, or
b) Admit PR as a State.

With respect to the Republican party, this article indicates that it allows Puerto Rican Republicans to nominate POTUS at the national convention:

On February 24, 2008, the Republican Party of Puerto Rico held its caucus for the 2008 Presidential Primaries. John McCain was awarded all 24 delegates from Puerto Rico.

The fact that the delegates were elected by caucus is an artifact of the local (Puerto Rican) Republican Party, not the national organization. Each State also has this issue, since most States only recognize indigenous (not national) political parties for offerance of candidate slates.

Caucusing is also the method used when the Government will not pay for primary elections. With caucusing, there is only one “polling place”, as opposed to precincts (multiple polling places) in a primary election.

unclesmrgol on July 26, 2009 at 9:42 AM

oh I love that Julie Banderas!

ginaswo on July 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Hill wanted to give PR a vote….
TOUS lost PR to Hill you will recall so other than sending the SEIU annual meeting there the same time as the primary (not that they tried to cheat or anything, no gambling at Ricks place) he couldnt give a flying frak about PR..he appointed SOTO and dragged Hispanics into his Gates moment to cozy up to a group he could care less about

If I were an Asian Pacific Islander or other Asian American or ANY other minority I would be all WTF almost all the time with TOTUS, the only minorities he SEES are the ones that can give him a big voting block…

ginaswo on July 26, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Not an expert, but why doesn’t PR become a state…?

Upstater85 on July 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM

If I remember correctly, they voted on it in 1991.

The options:

1. Statehood
2. Full idndependence
3. Remain a territory

The people chose option #3. Even if a majority of the PR people voted for statehood, it would still have to be approved by Congress.

Paul the American on July 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM

It’s not just Sanchez. All these liberal are program the same way. Criticizing Fox, Palin, talk radio is always welcome. The more people talk about him, the more they’re admitting that he’s somehow relevant. No one knew Olbermann until he started this same b/s on O’Reilly. But really, why are we even dignifying the comments with a response from a worthless prick like this? Were only make him look more legitimate and that will increase the number of clips and that’s great for CNN.
…..now that suck!

try again later on July 26, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Sorry that Julie Bidwell was offended. Fair and balanced!!

simplesimon on July 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Sanchez now tweets he was misquoted:

What a coawrd.

guido911 on July 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Sorry. H/T to Johnny$

guido911 on July 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM

confused identity, no cable tv, no direct quote

maverick muse on July 26, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Has Sanchez killed anyone this week???

dugbru on July 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM

If ol’ Geraldo had a set he’d call Ricky out.But then again Ricky isn’t a small Asian woman.
P.S. Ms.Banderas I would drink your bath water!

McBride on July 26, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I thought you guys would enjoy this quote from an interview with Stephen Hicks. It relates to both Sanchez and lefty trolls:

Pomo (Postmodernism) is rhetoric-heavy, yes. But rhetoric is a tool, so one can ask how it’s being used and why it’s being used that way. The postmodernists have rejected reason, and along with it concern for evidence and consistency. What then is the purpose of rhetoric? In pomo practice, there are a couple of possibilities.

One is that rhetoric becomes a kind of subjectivist expressionism – you play around with language and hope that something interesting pops out. Derrida is often like this – I think of him as a performance artist of postmodernism. In its darker moods, this approach recalls a line from Kate Ellis, a sympathetic-to-postmodernism commentator, who noted “the characteristically apolitical pessimism of most postmodernism, by which creation is simply a form of defecation.” Whatever’s been processing and churning up inside you – you just let ‘er rip.

The other use of rhetoric is politically-charged persuasion. Pomo rhetoric becomes long on emotionalism, ad hominem, and so on, and it becomes short on logic and evidence. But the point of such rhetoric is effectiveness, not truth.

You mention that much pomo political rhetoric is anti-capitalist and champions unlikely causes such as fundamentalist Islam. Here the pomo are taking a page out of Lenin’s and Marcuse’s playbooks. There’s a long-ish story here that I talk about in Chapter 5 of Explaining Postmodernism: Traditional Marxism said that capitalism would collapse from the inside (the exploited and alienated workers would rise); but when that didn’t happen, Marxists theorized that capitalism had exported its misery to the Third World (Lenin’s idea) or to outcast and marginalized subcultures (Marcuse’s idea). So the new strategy was to cultivate the anti-capitalist resistance in those places.

(And in calculated ethnic and minority groupings in the US defined by the media and academia.)

Django on July 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Sanchez now tweets he was misquoted:

What a coward.

guido911 on July 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Maybe it’s just me, but is it supposed to be “cool” or something nowadays for a “journalist” such as Sanchez with a national platform to demonstrate with every public message that he is functionally illiterate?

I know that Twitter is supposed to convey a person’s quick thoughts.

But would it kill Rick Sanchez to learn what a capital letter is, or how to punctuate?

140 quickly-typed characters is still enough to show mastery of the grammar of the English language.

Edouard on July 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Has Sanchez killed anyone this week???

dugbru on July 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Close, but no cigar. He’s planning another drunken drive in early August.

Jeff from WI on July 26, 2009 at 8:56 PM

So, does Rick Sanchez have a wife. Does she enjoy making love to a murderer. How about kids. Are his kids proud of daddy the drunken killer?

Jeff from WI on July 26, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Sanchez is a bitch.

revolution on July 26, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Sanchez is a b1tch.

revolution on July 26, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Game . . . set . . . and MATCH!

seanrobins on July 26, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Good lord…Sanchez was toasted with the PR response.

SouthernGent on July 26, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Why do liberals insist on putting minorities in a box? I thought they are supposed to be the open minded party. I get slammed all the time for being a conservative just because I also happen to be a female minority. Your race has absolutely nothing to do with your political affiliaiton.

Callie C. on July 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Darn, I thought the TROLL had left. Simplesimon also happens to be a Tango Uniform Romeo Delta.

hamradio on July 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Julie Banderas is hot, hot, hot!

Hilts on July 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM

That page does not exist.

corona on July 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Hopefully we will someday stop identifying any Americans as hypenated-Americans. That includes Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, Jewish-Americans, African-Americans, etc. While I think it is a good thing for people to remember their ethnic ancestory it seems like it was better for the country when we strived to become a “melting pot” of peoples.

katiejane on July 27, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Unlike Sanchez and Geraldo, Julie Banderas doesn’t make an issue of herself being Hispanic–she pronounces her first name “Julie” instead of the Spanish pronunciation “Hulia”. She’s there to present the news as an American, not as a Latina.

I wonder if we’ll hear feedback from another Latino at Fox News, Orlando Salinas…

Steve Z on July 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Now that FOX has slammed him, he has credibility with the lib kooks. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

marklmail on July 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Sigh … I love Banderas! I love Fox News! Dude probably doesn’t know what hit him…

Seriously, I really like double entendre from Banderas and her “wise Latina” comment … two with one blow!

WraithRat on July 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM

That guy gives a “Dirty Sanchez” a bad name.

Syd B. on July 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Sanchez now tweets he was misquoted:

What a coawrd.

guido911 on July 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM

What a turd. A typical lib CYA

Texyank on July 27, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Sanchez on Twitter: “wow, really getting heat from neocons and far right wing fox viewers for saying truth. must have hit nerve.”

The tortured logic of Rick Sanchez:

Sanchez: The earth is flat.

Entire scientific comunity: “That kind of ignorant nonsense was disproven hundreds of years ago.”

Sanchez: “Wow. I must have struck a nerve.”

David2.0 on July 27, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Looks to me like Dirty Sanchez is beginning to follow in Roesgen’s footsteps.

Now . . . If he can only get canned.

Ryan Gandy on July 27, 2009 at 3:54 PM