Rick Sanchez: Hispanics who work for Fox News have “sold out”; Update: Julie Banderas responds; Update: Fox News PR hammers Sanchez

posted at 12:53 pm on July 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via ICN, this isn’t the first time he’s spectacularly demagogued Fox. Your official progressive “national conversation on race” tweet of the day:

do u know how much money i’d make if i’d sold out as hispanic and worked at fox news, r u kidding, one problem, looking in mirror

Mind you, this is a guy who evidently has no problem looking in the mirror right now despite (a) having a hit-and-run DUI on his record and (b) sharing a network with Lou Dobbs, whom many amnesty shills would say is the most passionately anti-illegal-immigration — and therefore, per lefty racial politics, “anti-Hispanic” — newsman on American television. Or have I misunderstood him and this isn’t about Fox’s immigration coverage at all but rather a highly nuanced point that “authentic” Hispanics must be liberals and therefore any Hispanic on the conservative news network is ipso facto a sellout?

I’m hoping for some pushback from Julie Banderas on the air this afternoon. We shall see. Meanwhile, a humble request to any Foxies who might stumble upon this post: When, as is inevitable, Geraldo turns up on Fox & Friends or wherever to talk about this, please have the integrity to remind him that he’s engaged in the same repulsive, racist “authenticity” politics that Sanchez is guilty of here.

Update: Banderas answers the bell.

As a wise Latina woman, I have no comment other than to say if I were Rick Sanchez, I wouldn’t look in the mirror, period.

Update: The Fox News PR department goes nuclear:

A Fox News spokesperson tells Mediaite: “Everyone knows that Rick is an industry joke, he shows that he’s a hack everyday. And he doesn’t have to worry about working at FOX because we only hire talent who have the ability to generate ratings.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

How about spending some time with those 3 kids instead of playing on teh internets??

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Again, conservatives can walk and chew gum at the same time. Your projection is embarrassing to watch.

Esthier on July 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM

lol @ Banderas comment. She’s awesome.

modnar on July 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I just can’t fathom the mentality of trolls.

But then, I also cannot fathom the mentality of wienie-wavers.

Hey! Look at my wienie!

Hey! See how well I can parrot the hateful, simplistic slogans I learned from MoveOn?

guntotinglibertarian on July 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Julie is hot.

Firebird on July 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM

For your information, my children are in this room. My youngest is in my lap. All your assumptions make you sound stupid.

TXMomof3 on July 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM

That’s a great idea. In the meantime, look for towns with say, dentists. That would set you on the right path.

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Fool . . . you’re irrelevant and obviously have an IQ less than the sum of your digits.

rplat on July 25, 2009 at 4:01 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM

My God … where does it end? Leftists seem to be compelled to intrude into every aspect of someone’s life.

The United States is no place for these people. For their mental health alone I suggest they move to say … Cuba.

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM

TXMomof3 on July 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM

He’s really just saying, “get in the kitchen, woman. Do what women are supposed to be doing, woman!” God forbid a woman spends a little time doing “man stuff.”

*facepalm*

Abby Adams on July 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM

East Texas is the place to be. Glad it finally cooled down out of the triple digits. I thought I was going to stroke out!

TXMomof3 on July 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Yeah. More rain to come too. I spent almost 11 years outside of East Texas and missed it a lot. My family goes way back here. Lots of family history.

NathanG on July 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM

GO JULIE!

baldilocks on July 25, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Seems SimpleSimon has a judgmental streak too. Bad lib.

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Update: Banderas answers the bell.

Speaking of which, another Twitterer said Sanchez is as Mexican as Taco and looks like just another white guy on TV. Of course Rick finds this offensive, even after his own racist remark.

Esthier on July 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Abby Adams on July 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Remember the perfume commercial that had the song, “I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan”? It turns out women can actually work full-time, take care of a home, husband and children, and have an interest in politics. Who’d of thunk it?

TXMomof3 on July 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM

A recent study by UCLA found a liberal/proctologist ratio of 3 to 1 in major urban areas.

Apparently proctologists like set up practice where there’s an abundance of a$$holes.

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Julie is hot.

Firebird on July 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I second that, and raise you a damn hot!
I could watch her all day long. I guess that makes me a voyeur.

Geronimo on July 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Must have been a slow news day for CNN. When the polls are down for the President, it’s time to start stirring up something about race.

yoda on July 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Come on you guys. AllahP has punked you again.

simplesimon has to be another of his hit increasing constructs. No one in real life who is that stupid and obnoxious would be wasting so much time posting inanities here. No way you could drag them away from their gameboy or playstation that long.

LegendHasIt on July 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

¡Julia es calientita!

madmonkphotog on July 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM

¡Julia es calientita!

madmonkphotog on July 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Si.

AZCoyote on July 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I’m reminded of an old proverb: Ignore the trolls and they slink away, unsatisfied, lonely as before, to ask mom what she’s making for dinner tonight.

Rational Thought on July 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Heh. Go Julie, you got the beauty, brains and wit. Don’t know Sanchez.

OmahaConservative on July 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Simple Simon met Obama the pieman going to the fair!
Said Simple Simon to the pieman, “let me taste your wares”!
Said the pieman to Simple Simon, “On your knees”!!!!

Vince on July 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I bow before Julie’s wise Latina awesomeness.

salmonczar on July 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Said the pieman to Simple Simon, “On your knees”!!!!

Vince on July 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

IS that not the truth

The Simples of the world are the same ones who say “stay our of my bedroom” but with Obama they invite the govt. into the bedroom and their body with this national health care bs.

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Julie smacks down the dirty sanchez.

guido911 on July 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Okay not to overanalyze this fool’s statement but hispanic is really a cultural classification. The three races included are mongoloid (American Indian) Caucasoid (Iberian, especially Spanish) and Negroid (African, mostly slaves in the Carribean). Cuba is a mix of all three, but to look at Sanchez you can tell he is very very caucasian. The Caucasians in every hispanic culture have had the money and the power. Indigenous people have always been at the bottom. He fled the Communist revolution, which means his family was connected to the power structure there. In other words, if we were to delve into his actual background his family probably owned land and were wealthy “oppressors of the people” that Che and Fidel railed against. Now he claims some kind of victim status and racial solidarity with day laborers from Xacatecas because he has olive skin and a Castillian surname when in reality he is a pampered, over made up, news-reading himbo.

Ted Torgerson on July 25, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Said the pieman to Simple Simon, “On your knees”!!!!

Vince on July 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

That would be SS’s idea of heaven.

OmahaConservative on July 25, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Only one person at Fox didn’t sell out and that’s Brit Hume. When he was let go, I stopped watching.

erp on July 25, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Ricky Ricardo + Ted Baxter = Rick Sanchez

Jim Treacher on July 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I can’t stand listening to that Rick Sanchez. During the primaries I would listen to CNN just to hear the other side. He always sounded ridiculous. Almost like tabloid press-exaggerating and creating a story rather than being a journalist.

texasconserv on July 25, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Ricky Sanchez..stayin’ classy. It’s what he does.

therightwinger on July 25, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Banderas struck him like a hit-n-run.

the_nile on July 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Why are we feeding the troll? Its useless taking these asshats to task, they don’t want to actually talk about issues. They would rather toss insults and act like – well, asshats.

flyawaybird on July 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Dang. Sounds like Julie doesn’t want to be his designated driver!

Jim Treacher on July 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Palin/Banderas 2012.

“Global Heating”

the_nile on July 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Conservatives really need to publicize Sanchez’s drunk drining episode. Leaving the scene of an accident and returning 75 minutes later (his blood alcohol level was still .15).

bw222 on July 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Sanchez is a liberal, and the token Hispanic on CNN. Like Olbermann on MSNBC, it takes a lot of Alka Seltzer to watch his show. It’ll make you puke if you have any brains. By the way, Olbermann petition site is getting quite a lot of comments:

Check it out!

afotia on July 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM

New update here?
The story about Sanchez on HuffPo is also that he went after HBO’s Bill Maher:

“The more I watch bill maher, the more I realize what an opportunist he is. He’ll say anything to get people to say ooohh! Even if bs!”

Starting a war with Geraldo and Bill Maher can only mean your ratings and show probably are on life support and you get a lot of “and what do you do for a living?” from restaurant and hotel people.

Marcus on July 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Banderas retort was stone-cold; I think I love her.

Bishop on July 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM

having a hit-and-run DUI on his record

Geez, with Cafferty that makes two of them. Is being a hit and run driver a prerequisite for working at CNN?

Even if you’re NOT a Hispanic?

drjohn on July 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM

That’s not her real last name. She’s not Latina.

texaninfidel on July 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Whoa. I didn’t realize Sanchez killed the guy.

drjohn on July 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

That’s not her real last name. She’s not Latina.

texaninfidel on July 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM

She is partially of Colombian descent, henceforth the use of the Spanish name.[3]

drjohn on July 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM

She is smoking hot. I’ll give her that. Nothing but love for Julie (bidwell) “banderas” ….hottie. And fuck Rick sanchez…..can he prove he’s legal?

texaninfidel on July 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I love how liberals think that its EVERY CONSERVATIVE’S NIGHTMARE to have grandchildren who aren’t perfectly pasty white. Most of us would rather live next to a conservative black or brown guy than an annoying white hippie.

Speedwagon82 on July 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I made an error in my math. The equation is:

Ricky Ricardo + Ted Baxter + Ted Kennedy = Rick Sanchez

Jim Treacher on July 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Speedwagon82 on July 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Even worse than the hippie? A tenured professor … like Gates.

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I made an error in my math. The equation is:
Ricky Ricardo + Ted Baxter + Ted Kennedy = Rick Sanchez
Jim Treacher on July 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

lol. I called immigration and reported sanchez. Hopefully they do their jib and kindly move him to a taco stand in neuvo Laredo.

texaninfidel on July 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Whoa. I didn’t realize Sanchez killed the guy.

drjohn on July 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Sanchez doesn’t have the right to have an opinion on anyone for the rest of his life. Perma STFU!

Caper29 on July 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM

JULIE, you go girl!!

purgatory on July 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM

The difference between Sanchez and Laura Bush is that Laura’s VICTIM was her boyfriend. QUite a coincidence!

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Gotta love Julie B! Kick him in the nads, if he still has any.

tomswid on July 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Colombiana baby! Julie hermosa!

elduende on July 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Nice smackdown by Julie B!!

Fox’s Julie B is the real deal.

CNN’s Rick Sanchez thinks he’s still in jr. high. What a complete jerk!

TN Mom on July 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

As a wise Latina…

Guffaw.

Kafir on July 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

CNN needs to re-calibrate Sanchez for behaving stupidly.

TN Mom on July 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

CNN’s Rick Sanchez thinks he’s still in jr. high. What a complete jerk!

TN Mom on July 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Sanchez has validated the Peter Principle … or the Prick Principle, he kinda fits both.

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I’ve always had such a high regard for Hispanics. Cisco & Poncho were two of my favorites on TV. This guy is just ruining it for me.

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Julie Banderas fails to recognize how much she needs me.

NoFanofLibs on July 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

texaninfidel on July 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

texaninfidel on July 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Whoa there, ‘lil buckaroo. Looks like we oughta be a-rebrandin’ you “texanMobyinfidel.”

Didja think we wouldn’t notice, or somethin’?

Gilda on July 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Seems ole sanchez found himself in the middle of a fire storm. happy hunting ladies.

hawkman on July 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM

I’m having a Julie Banderas statue made that I can worship on a daily bases.

BowHuntingTexas on July 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM

As a wise Latina woman

Somebody alert the New York Times! She used “woman” even though Latina is feminine and it’s implied!

Newt Gingrich, who never needed a factual basis for his ravings, rants on Twitter that Judge Sotomayor is a “Latina woman racist,” apparently unaware of his incoherence in the “Latina-woman” redundancy in this defamatory characterization… Are we supposed to not notice that these are the tribunes of a party that rose to power on the filthy waves of racial demagoguery. – Bob Herbert (racist black guy)

Oh wait… all the Democrats and the wise Latina herself used the phrase?

I guess he needs to issue an apology to Newt… Should happen any second now… here it comes… I’m sure Herbert is crafting the right words… the NYT’s writer must be truly sorry… he’s really working through this one… oh, nevermind.

mankai on July 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Dirty Sanchez is a pre-programmed DNC race-bot. He took the blue pill and now is incapable of reasoned thought. I almost feel pity for him. Imagine voluntarily blocking half of your thought process for a cheap suit on a third-rate network. Pathetic.

Claypigeon on July 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Claypigeon on July 25, 2009 at 6:06 PM

CNN desperately needs Fox News. If not for FNC, most people wouldn’t know what CNN is. They look at the ratings and see “CNN” and they ponder “what is that?”

mankai on July 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Not only is Rick Sanchez a massive tool, he is also lying douche bag who should be in prison right now for what he did.

Dreadnought223 on July 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Julie Banderas is the finest looking pescetarian I have ever seen.
Wish FNC would can Shep and give his job to her.

OmahaConservative on July 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Obama’s remarks about race (white cop arrests black prof) caused a “media frenzy’.

CNN needs a ratings boost so they had Rick Sanchez twitter a racist remark about fox reporters hoping to increase viewers…

bahahahahahaha.

TN Mom on July 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Geraldo Rivera should leave Fox and join Rickety Sanchez on CNN .
And , then here is what they can do @ CNN :
Geraldo, Rick Sanchez , Johnny Sutton, Vincente Fox and Sonya Sotomayor can have their own version of the “View” on CNN.

macncheez on July 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Wow, getalife’s baby sister showed up…this should be fun.

Del Dolemonte on July 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Rick Sanchez is scum

bill30097 on July 25, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Geraldo is Fox’s token.

Kissmygrits on July 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM

That was flippin’ great! I responded to Rick’s asinine tweet earlier today. As a Hispanic, I can attest to the utter contempt left-wingers have for minority conservatives. It is repulsive. It’s an ugly and very real form of racism that perpetuates this lie that those on the left are by definition tolerant.

Also, I lived in South Florida for more than 6 years and almost everybody hates Rick Sanchez’s guts. Everyone knows what he did. How he got a national news casting gig is beyond me.

RandyHaddock on July 25, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Sounds like Sanchez is a racist….

DL13 on July 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM

No one hears Laura behaving like the self-imported, self-righteous a**hole that Sanchez is. It is beyond stupid to make such a comparison.

drjohn on July 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM

drjohn on July 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM

That’s the meds.

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Interesting . . the tweets JUST disappeared.

- The Cat

MirCat on July 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Way to stay classy Mr. Sanchez!
Who hired this assbag??

SmallGovtGuy on July 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Sanchez works for Ted Turner, a man who routinely praises the tyrant his parents fled from. That’s what I call a fucking “sellout”.

BuzzCrutcher on July 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Cool. I get to see someone else’s comment awaiting moderation.

and Julie Banderas is awesome!

mjk on July 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Sanchez works for Ted Turner, a man who routinely praises the tyrant his parents fled from. I’d call that a f*cking “sellout”. (sorry if this is a dupe post – did the first one get blocked for profanity?)

BuzzCrutcher on July 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Has anyone mentioned that Rick Sanchez killed someone in a drunk driving incident. A hit & run no less.

borg on July 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I’m hoping for some pushback from Julie Banderas …

I DREAM about it…

karl9000 on July 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Banderas answers the bell.

Neither of those links work for me.

Mike Honcho on July 25, 2009 at 8:16 PM

And he doesn’t have to worry about working at FOX because we only hire talent. who have the ability to generate ratings.

FIFY, Fox.

Wethal on July 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM

maybe he’s pregnant again

casel21 on July 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Update: The Fox News PR department goes nuclear:

Boom! HEADSHOT! Dirty Sanchez just got pwned.

liquidflorian on July 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I am pasty white, hubby is pasty white and 2 of our kids are pasty white. We have 3 pasty white grandchildren, too.

Our youngest daughter, though, is Mexican and bronzed brown with gorgeous, creamy skin. YES I hope all my future grandchildren from her are little brown beauties.

How do you trollish judgmental libs square that?? SIMPLE SIMON??? thoughts??

Ris4victory on July 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Maybe FNC reporters need to kill somebody while driving drunk to be more “authentic” to Ricky.

MikeSC on July 25, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Banderas. mmmmm

angryed on July 25, 2009 at 8:35 PM

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Love it! LOVE IT!!!

stacy on July 25, 2009 at 8:35 PM

INC on July 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Great quote. Thank you.

atheling on July 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM

That’s gonna leave a mark…

D2Boston on July 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM

hey, what did laura bush ever say to piss off anybody? she appears to be proud of her country.

kelley in virginia on July 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Rick Sanchez is Hispanic?

Joe Pyne on July 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM