Rick Sanchez: Hispanics who work for Fox News have “sold out”; Update: Julie Banderas responds; Update: Fox News PR hammers Sanchez

posted at 12:53 pm on July 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via ICN, this isn’t the first time he’s spectacularly demagogued Fox. Your official progressive “national conversation on race” tweet of the day:

do u know how much money i’d make if i’d sold out as hispanic and worked at fox news, r u kidding, one problem, looking in mirror

Mind you, this is a guy who evidently has no problem looking in the mirror right now despite (a) having a hit-and-run DUI on his record and (b) sharing a network with Lou Dobbs, whom many amnesty shills would say is the most passionately anti-illegal-immigration — and therefore, per lefty racial politics, “anti-Hispanic” — newsman on American television. Or have I misunderstood him and this isn’t about Fox’s immigration coverage at all but rather a highly nuanced point that “authentic” Hispanics must be liberals and therefore any Hispanic on the conservative news network is ipso facto a sellout?

I’m hoping for some pushback from Julie Banderas on the air this afternoon. We shall see. Meanwhile, a humble request to any Foxies who might stumble upon this post: When, as is inevitable, Geraldo turns up on Fox & Friends or wherever to talk about this, please have the integrity to remind him that he’s engaged in the same repulsive, racist “authenticity” politics that Sanchez is guilty of here.

Update: Banderas answers the bell.

As a wise Latina woman, I have no comment other than to say if I were Rick Sanchez, I wouldn’t look in the mirror, period.

Update: The Fox News PR department goes nuclear:

A Fox News spokesperson tells Mediaite: “Everyone knows that Rick is an industry joke, he shows that he’s a hack everyday. And he doesn’t have to worry about working at FOX because we only hire talent who have the ability to generate ratings.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Again interesting how the libs are the least colorblind of them all.

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I’d also like to point out that toothy pinhead there got his start at WSVN Channel 7 here in Miami, which is the local FOX AFFILIATE

Sugarbuzz on July 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Rick’s just building up his resume for MSNBC, as “Countdown” substitute host, just in case this CNN thing eventually falls through.

jon1979 on July 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Rick Sanchez is no more a hispanic than Geraldo is.

KSgop on July 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Gee, if he feels this negatively toward Hispanics who work at Fox News, I wonder how he feels about Hispanics who kill people while drunk driving, flee the scene, and then get a slap on the wrist for murder who work at CNN. Shut up, ya despicable drunken murderer.

Rational Thought on July 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM

As I just said in The Green Room on Dafyyd’s Exposure: the Dark Night of Crowleygates thread:

At Be John Galt, JustMary had a terrific quote from Booker T. Washington, dated 1911:

“There is (a) class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.… There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public…”

It applies here as well.

INC on July 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Here’s his post from 14 hours ago: “just because i think prez is brilliant doesnt mean i won’t call him on it when he does something wrong. it’s my job”

Sanchez, a real deep thinker… prez is brilliant. Is that ALL they say at lib cocktail parties?

ckdexterhaven on July 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM

***spits on sidewalk****

I supposed Border Patrol agent Robert Rosas sold out too.

***spits on sidewalk-again***

Limerick on July 25, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Yeah, let’s hear from a “real” Hispanic, Geraldo Rivera.

“Rivera was born in Manhattan, New York, the son of Lillian (née Friedman), a waitress, and Cruz “Allen” Rivera, a restaurant worker and cab driver. Rivera’s father was Puerto Rican and his mother was Jewish, and he was raised “mostly Jewish” and had a Bar Mitzvah.”

patch on July 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Why is it that if a member of a minority takes a position that isn’t based on race they are “selling out”? Is this the third grade?

jimmy2shoes on July 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

It doesn’t stop… It’s just the same attitude that tells people that they can’t succeed or else they’ll be “acting white”

El_Terrible on July 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I’m again in awe of the open-minded tolerance demonstrated by the Left. If I was that enlightened I would probably hold contemptible views of those with differing views also. As a courtesy, really, so that they knew I was better than them. How else would they hope to become better, if people like me didn’t point out their deficiencies?

Tom_OC on July 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I wish Julie would hit Geraldo with a chair.

Cowboy on July 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

racist!

SHARPTOOTH on July 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Dirty Sanchez strikes again!

mizflame98 on July 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

If a “commentator” on CNN gives an impassioned screech on CNN… does it make a sound?

mankai on July 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Here’s his post from 14 hours ago: “just because i think prez is brilliant doesnt mean i won’t call blow him on it when he does something wrong. it’s my job”

ckdexterhaven on July 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I think you misquoted Dirty Sanchez …

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM

So Rick, how much would it take?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Sanchez is just another in a long line that has caused CNN to be irrelevant.

patrick neid on July 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Drunken Murderer.

NickTx on July 25, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Change threadline to: Hispanic blow-dry takes issue with something…or something

whitetop on July 25, 2009 at 1:08 PM

(Julie Banderas > Rick Sanchez)*infinity

Proud Rino on July 25, 2009 at 1:08 PM

As a certified 100% Hispanic American, I take offense to this, and to any other twit in Leftist broadcasting news bloviating for the rest of us. If my degree was in communications or journalism, FOX News would be the only news outfit I’d send my resume off to…why? They are the most in touch with the American public re informing us on what matters to you and me regardless of ethnic origin and have the viewership numbers to prove it.

RepubChica on July 25, 2009 at 1:08 PM

libs love to put dark people in a box

Locrian on July 25, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Who cares, its Rick Sanchez. Getting attention for the stupid things he says are probably the only thing that keeps him on the air. He might be a threat if he ever says anything remotely intelligent. Reading news does not make one an expert.

LevStrauss on July 25, 2009 at 1:09 PM

patch on July 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I had no idea that Geraldo was a Jewtino. Interesting.

Proud Rino on July 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

So Rick, how much would it take?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I was thinking the same thing…people like Sanchez are the first ones to sell out their grandmothers for a nickel at the drop of a hat…

javamartini on July 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Re-tweet:

do u know how much money i’d make if i could escape my plantation mentality and work at fox news, r u kidding, one problem, I wud tank ther ratings, oh noes

econavenger on July 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Im still amazed how Blacks & Hispanics working in the media can publicly call others race traitors & still have a job or even be called out on it.

DwnSouthJukin on July 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I had no idea that Geraldo was a Jewtino.

Proud Rino on July 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

lol

RepubChica on July 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM

You would think a guy who killed someone would be less condescending. Guess not.

Speedwagon82 on July 25, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Sugarbuzz on July 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM

So he does know how much money he would make.

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Ha, yeah, I know my share of people who “didn’t sell out” because they tried to and couldn’t, and then took some public sector/non-profit gig where they were like, “Oh I’m saving the trees/children/spotted snail darters unlike you corporate pigs, I DIDN’T SELL OUT.” L. O. L.

Proud Rino on July 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Maybe it’s a backhanded slam at CNN for lousy pay. Nah he’s just your average liberal racist.

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM

PUTA!

jukin on July 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM

… a terrific quote from Booker T. Washington, dated 1911…

INC on July 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Booker T. Washington was a great man, and that is a wonderful quote from him. Here is the source:

My Larger Education, Being Chapters from My Experience (1911)

Ch. V: The Intellectuals and the Boston Mob

Interesting title for that chapter, isn’t it?

Loxodonta on July 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Yeah, this is consistent with the “herding” strategy by the left. Rhetoric like this isn’t really aimed at the Hispanics that work for Fox, it is aimed at keeping the rest of the Hispanics in line. The message is “if you don’t want to be branded as a ‘sell-out’, don’t express conservative values or work for a company that allows them to be expressed” … CNN is saying “be a good little Hispanic, stay in your place, and don’t get uppity”.

crosspatch on July 25, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Didn’t Barbara Boxer just get in trouble for telling a black man what he was supposed to think?

No group likes people who stray off the reservation. I don’t mind what Sanchez (or Boxer) said, to be honest. I disagree, but prefer them to be upfront about their prejudices and biases instead of pretending not to have any.

So Sanchez is the enemy. No prob.

JiangxiDad on July 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Lou and his staff are the only ones on CNN with any integrity. Go Lou! You are the shit!

paulsur on July 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM

DwnSouthJukin on July 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM

It’s because the non-hispanic whites are the whipping boys of the liberals. Only whites can be racist. Only whites are mean. Only whites are a plague on humanity and the world. I really wish I were around when the liberals finally get their way and and then start crapping themselves as soon as they look in a mirror.

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Speaking of liberal douches like Rick Sanchez, I saw a video (in of all places) HuffPo where David Shuster got a smack-down from a liberal columnist. It was worth viewing if only that I can’t stand Shuster. Topic was “why is Liz Cheney a star?” or something and guest screamed at Shuster “because you keep talking about her and doing segments!”. This went on for about 10 minutes. Pretty funny, with both feet in Shuster’s big mouth with room to spare.

Marcus on July 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM

This kinda blows away the contention that CNN “plays it straight down the middle”, doesn’t it?
Sounds like Dirty Sanchez is angling for David Shyster’s job as MessNBC’s resident moonbat fill-in.

OxyCon on July 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I’m hoping for some pushback

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Loxodonta on July 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM

patch on July 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

He also went by the name Jerry Rivers for years, until he figured out how much he could benefit from using the race card and getting Affirmative Action benefits by virtue of his “minority” status.

AZCoyote on July 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Hmmmm Define Hispanic and what group thinks and believes monolithically? Really Sanchez isn’t speaking for my husband who is an American of Spanish and Korean descent….just saying we are a melting pot folks so who are these generic “Hispanics” Sanchez refers and pretends to speak for? On a side note, has anyone noticed the Spanish unemployment rate ? Boy I guess electing those socialist to appease Al qeada didn’t work out the way the Spaniards thought it would.

Dr Evil on July 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Sanchez is a self hater.

rickyricardo on July 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM

No group likes people who stray off the reservation.

JiangxiDad on July 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM

But isn’t herding the hispanics onto one a fairly recent phenomenon? I never remember them being treated any different then anyone else while I was growing up in the sixties. Now suddenly they are a victim minority? Just wait until they really get into bed with the liberals. When they wake up they will remember Jessica Alba but be looking at Helen Thomas.

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Sanchez is a leftist idiot and can stick it in his ear or the orifice of his choice.

rplat on July 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM

at least it led to a tweet of the year nominee:

thebronze @ricksanchezcnn Hey Rick, what did you see in the mirror after you ran that guy over?

locke on July 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Maybe someone should tell Sanchez he is lucky to be employed in the current global economic downturn. Why would Fox want to hire Sanchez a race baiter?

Dr Evil on July 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

whenever Jerry Rivers or Bob (i can’t get insurance because I’m to fat) Beckle come on Fox the channel changes.

those 2 people make the world a bad place.

poppieseeds on July 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Oh Dear God not Whorealdo on Sat. I already don’t watch FOX on Friday because of him!

I thought I heard where Fox was sending Whorealdo on a hunt for Pinnochio Presidente’s Birth Certificate?
Sarc/

I bet he comes up as empty handed as he did with Al Capones vault! Put that dipsh.. on assignment either loking for the Birth Certificate or covering the war in Pokestaaan.

dhunter on July 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Note my log in name…the teacher in Spanish. As a proud conservative Hispanic, I am offended by the notion that conservative viewpoints and a Spanish heritage are somehow contradictory. Please….give me a break. If Hispanics truly studied our political system they would find liberalism repulsive. There…I’ve said something I’ve wanted to say for a long, long time.

lamaestra57 on July 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I keep thinking that AP’s room looks like this:

Richard Romano on July 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Keep it comin’ douchebags. Let the people get a good whiff of the bigoted stench comin’ off ya’.

Itchee Dryback on July 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

It is only recently that Hispanics became the largest minority group. It’s all about numbers (and votes).

reaganaut on July 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

patch on July 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Oyle!

BuckeyeSam on July 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM

lamaestra57 on July 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

They can’t because liberals insist that they only learn Spanish and not English.

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Rick Sanchez never met Robert Rosas. That is probably a good thing….for Rick.

Limerick on July 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Racism in America.

No, not by the horrible, evil “white” people. It’s being kept alive by politicians against the white people to continue to attempt to align the “minorities” against the “white establishment” and “white conservative racists” because the liberals are hoping the minorities continue to be stupid enough to buy this garbage.

The trouble is, the dumbest are usually the loudest and in synch with the racist liberals. If the public at large ever manages to shut these idiots down then perhaps racial harmony will have a chance in this country.

Spiritk9 on July 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Technically Hispanics are white for those into the race thing. Based on typical leftist thinking both Sanchez and Rivera are definitely white based on them being on the right side of the “achievement gap”.

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM

There…I’ve said something I’ve wanted to say for a long, long time.

lamaestra57 on July 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

and please keep saying it.

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM

So let me get this straight: a job is a job, unless you work for the “wrong” business, then you’re a sellout to your race. Is this lightweight trying to somehow cash in on the Gates race circus by coming up with this now? Or is his contract almost up?

n0doz on July 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I know. Thankfully, I was educated in the 60′s when bilingual garbage didn’t exist.

lamaestra57 on July 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Plus our leftist education system doesn’t really teach about our political system except for how evil and “racist” it is.

darwin on July 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Sanchez must have been turned down, for a job at Fox.

Speakup on July 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

lamaestra57 on July 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Thankyou!
I have never been able to figure out how fiercely religious Catholic Hispanics can embrace the Party of abortion anywhere, anytime!

Oh Wait, I guess Anglo Catholics do also must not be a problem to ignore the Pope or Jesus or Mary or God or whoever.

Chris Dodd, Catholic? Obiden?

dhunter on July 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Is Sanchez gay?

Topsecretk9 on July 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Jealous Rick Sanchez, who couldn’t meet the guidelines of journalism, is neither Fox material nor journalistic integrity.

Play that race card baby.

Kini on July 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Sorry, Sanchez, Fox News already has a Token Tool….his name is Geraldo. Sorry, you need not apply, racist.

HornetSting on July 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM

“Sold out” for a network that rules in the ratings and
covers stories the MSM won’t touch.
Sounds like someone’s just jealous.

elderberry on July 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Pendejo!

grapeknutz on July 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

C’mon, folks. This is CNN we’re talking about. Most employees at CNN are racist simpletons. This one just happens to be a DWI murderer to boot…

Fuzzlenutter on July 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

***

JiangxiDad on July 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Yes, a Mr. Alford from the Black Chamber of Commerce or Black Better Business Bureau. I think HA had a clip from his testimony against Cap-and-Con. He went to town on her. O’Reilly had him on one night this week, and they replayed the segment on BOR on Thursday for good measure. Allah had a post on it. Mr. Alford was great. He was very well informed. He laughed when BOR asked him whether he (Alford) thinks Boxer is sincere when she professes love for blacks. Alford killed her. He’s aces in my book.

BuckeyeSam on July 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Technically Hispanics are white for those into the race thing.
CWforFreedom on July 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM

And I got my butt reamed by one when I was trying to be PC to him by saying he was Hispanic and not white. Not only did I get a race lecture I was accused of being a dumb F**K liberal. He apologized after I explain I was just looking out for myself because liberals have made the country a dangerous place with their divisive PC crap.

jmarcure on July 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

***spits on sidewalk****

I supposed Border Patrol agent Robert Rosas sold out too.

***spits on sidewalk-again***

Limerick on July 25, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Great point, Limerick. Prayers to his wife, son, and infant daughter….he’s guarding the borders of Heaven now.

HornetSting on July 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM

At first I thought Tweeter was just a kid fad.

But in the hands of guys like Sanchez, it’s a suicide machine.

guntotinglibertarian on July 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I was noticing as well, on CNN that EVERYBODY they had represent the “black side” of the arrest of the Harvard Prof was BLACK!!! It’s a law and order issue folks not a racial one. Why is there even such thing as the “black” side or any racial side? We need to just get over it as a nation.

Mojave Mark on July 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

This one just happens to be a DWI murderer to boot…

Fuzzlenutter on July 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

DWI murder happens to be a proud Democrat tradition. Just ask the Lion of the Senate.

guntotinglibertarian on July 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM

It’s liberal law. If you’re a minority of any kind, there is only one way you’re allowed to think. Freedom of thought is not to be tolerated.

PoodleSkirt on July 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

My Jewish ancestors fled Spain for Hungary after the Inquisition. That’s close enough to make me Hispanic! Where’s that damn deck of race cards?!

J.J. Sefton on July 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Mojave Mark on July 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Whoa there! Most of the conservative and Independent Americans have gotten over it.
It is almost the exclusive domain of the Democrat Party and Liberals that are still playing the Race card.

The same folks who refused to come around on Slavery are using minorities as victims to further their power and take away freedom for all men!

dhunter on July 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Hypocrisy they name is (pick a leftist, any leftist).

single stack on July 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

The REALLY funny thing is that the hispanics are the reason that the GOP is a small regional party favored by backwoods white people.

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

CNN= Castro News Network

ICBM on July 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Pipe down Rick.

JiangxiDad on July 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Rick Sanchez, shut the hell up!

thebrokenrattle on July 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Without Bush around it’s entertaining to watch liberals aimlessly and self-destructively spew their hate around.

karlant on July 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I will never get it! Why do morons like Sanchez think that all Hispanics should think the same way. So I am black and should think like all blacks??? I refuse thie enslavement.

It is racist to think that members of a minority group should think alike and as a so called minority, I take offence! By the way how many Hispanic fathers and mothers did the likes of Sanchez interview when W.Bush nominated Miguel Estrada???????????

karu_servative on July 25, 2009 at 1:57 PM

My Jewish ancestors fled Spain for Hungary after the Inquisition.

LOL. mine too, but they went to Greece. I’m as “hispanic” as most hispanics are.

btw, what’s up with the whole identifying with the Conquistador thing with so many “hispanics?.” Never really understood that.

JiangxiDad on July 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I knew this guy was a di##head and a joke when he had Twitterers or whatever the hell they are at the bottom of the screen seriously posting about “Haliburton Internment Camps” in New Orleans. Wow. I hate CNN, but thank God they have Lou Dobbs anyway.

NathanG on July 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Don’t forget that a**hole Cafferty and his hit and run. Classy people there at CNN, ain’t they?

NathanG on July 25, 2009 at 2:01 PM

The guy pulls a Chappaquiddick and he’s worried about how he looks in the mirror. Does murderer look better if you’re making less money at CNN?

Jeff from WI on July 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Rick Sanchez: Hispanics who work for Fox News have “sold out”

Yeah sure and Hispanics vote as a monolithic block too.

Speakup on July 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

this is what passes for “enlightened thought” inside the belt-way, you see only uncle-toms can be republican’s.

weewilly on July 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

How do you murder someone in a DUI and not go to jail?
WTF!?!

RobCon on July 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

simplesimon on July 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Are you really as dumb as you sound, simpleton?

HornetSting on July 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM

one problem, looking in mirror

I think we can safely say, that ship has sailed Dude.

Speakup on July 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM

So much anger and resentment … at FOX NEWS.

Yawn … well, when you’ve tried everything else to beat your opponent and he’s just superior to you – you start to get a little testy and lash out.

Hi Rick!