Palin debate: Frum vs. Coulter vs. Bay Buchanan

posted at 3:32 pm on July 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

A palate cleanser occasioned by this weekend’s official resignation. Nothing too surprising here from any of the participants but the prospect of a Coulter/Frum faceoff over Hot Air readers’ favorite Republican is too juicy to resist. Plus, it beats the hell out of the umpteen thousand “Alaskans debate Palin’s legacy” pieces being cranked out by the media this weekend. Man on the street #1: “I love her!” Man on the street #2: “I hate her!” Wash, rinse, repeat.

Frum does raise an interesting point at the end, though. Of the potential big three GOP candidates for 2012 — Romney, Huck, and Sarahcuda — do any have the potential to unite moderates and conservatives after a bruising primary? It’s hard to imagine Mitt turning out the whole evangelical base but it’s also hard to imagine Palin turning out Romney-supporting centrists. Huck as compromise choice?

Watch CBS Videos Online

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

David Frum is an absolute moron and quite obviously has a personal disdain for Palin from the outset.

Somebody just snap Frum’s neck…

One good nugget in a bucket of crap spewing from his mouth.

You know something? David Frum is REALLY REALLY REALLY a f*ckin a-hole.

I never realized that until just now.

I knew he was a RINO, a Canadian, a liberal, but he is so insider I think he is like in another dimension

Frum is a complete idiot and Bay just seems like she does not like Sarah.
They do not even want to see what is going on. They sound like the Dems.

Wow, Frum is dumb.

Talk about having your Frum up your bum…This guy must be up for The Golden Sphincter Award.

In my mind, these brilliant commentaries argue two things very effectively:
1) David Frum might actually have a point, and
2) we need a comment tiering system at Hotair badly.

I love Sarah Palin. I think she’d be a great candidate. I also happen to think David Frum is brilliant, and am grateful we conservatives have him on our side. I do not feel hatred for either person, and am confused as to why others do. If you disagree with David Frum, trying clearly articulating why. You might actually help the conservative movement instead of making us look like a bunch of 14-year-olds with all the eloquence and insight of South Park.

dave_lantos on July 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM

dave_lantos on July 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Agreed. A lot of republicans decided after the elections that instead of working to build the party up, they were going to attack other republicans. Makes perfect sense, don’t it?

Personally, I like Frum. I don’t always agree with him, yet most of the time he makes excellent points. Much like every other conservative talking head/ blogger/ columnist.

It seems more than a little misplaced to spend all of our time screaming obscenities against him.

Jewels on July 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I also happen to think David Frum is brilliant, and am grateful we conservatives have him on our side. dave_lantos on July 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I didn’t know Frum was a Conservative. His new majority is a moderate group at best, and actively works to impede conservativism. In fact, many of the GOP who voted for TARP are NM members – since you require proof. My congressman – John Campbell – CA was one of them.

Frum and NM aggressively promoted McCain and blamed Palin for his loss. He personally routinely attacks conservative proponents such as Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh. His actions serve to demonstrate he is not at all interested in uniting conservatives or rebuilding the GOP under conservative principles. If you want to defend him go to the NM web page, read the list of commenters and their bios, then come back and tell the Hotair folks they have to toe Frum’s line.

Dave, why don’t you define the conservative movement, and then tell us how Frum promotes it. Then watch the folks around here articulate why they disagree with him.

InTheBellyoftheBeast on July 27, 2009 at 1:09 PM

In my mind, these brilliant commentaries argue two things very effectively:
1) David Frum might actually have a point, and
2) we need a comment tiering system at Hotair badly.

dave_lantos on July 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM

1) Frum has a point because “inarticulate” idiots don’t like him? In my mind, that sort of reasoning would make YOU the idiot.

2. Yes, and you would be at the bottom of it.

nottakingsides on July 27, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Frum has a point because “inarticulate” idiots don’t like him?

Actually, yes. Frum says, “I think this sort of exchange is proof of how effective a uniter Sarah Palin is”. I do not want to believe Frum’s sarcasm (as I said, I love Palin), but when I read unnecessarily angry, negative comments such as yours and those above, I begin to wonder if he may be right.

I’m glad you agree that Hotair should have a tiered comments system.

dave_lantos on July 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM

dave_lantos on July 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM

It’s really sad that your opinion of any political pundit is based on HA comments. Try thinking for yourself, and like Frum, don’t hide behind your perceived self-importance over others.

For you to say that it’s “unnecessarily angry, negative” for me to say you should be on the bottom tier, then you are only exposing your own hypocrisy.

You may think your earth-shattering analysis of inarticulate comments is brilliant, but in reality it’s bottom-tier material (or top-tier comic fodder).

nottakingsides on July 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM