Video: Glenn Beck wearing lederhosen now for some reason

posted at 6:50 pm on July 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

Such are my expectations of GB that it didn’t occur to me until five minutes after watching this to wonder why he was wearing it. Beck being Beck, I just figured he woke up this morning and decided he was going to wear lederhosen to work today. Because that’s what the Founding Fathers would have wanted.

Is that it? Or is he making some … Nazi analogy here? Dude, if you’re going to launch an attack as ugly as that, at least own it. Skip the cutesy Bavarian beer hall costume and put on a red armband with the “O” logo on it. Double down.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Glenn Beck is wrong on slamming Americorps/Miniclintons.

Americorps came from Bill Clinton, which was to replicate domestic Peace Corps.

HotAirJosef on July 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM

This guy is fearless. Gotta give props for that.

salmonczar on July 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM

He settled on McCain like the rest of us did.

Django on July 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Nope. He refused to vote for McCain. However, he never came out and clearly stated that he did not vote at all. So, I have no idea if he refused to vote or he voted for Obama.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Seems like i remember him wearing this before, but i could be mistaken.

clearbluesky on July 24, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Ladies: Am I the only one?

TXMomof3 on July 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I hope so. Is it me or does Glenn Beck look like an adult baby?

Proud Rino on July 24, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Within a week, Obama will notice how much attention GB got for this, show up at a townhall in front of 200 of his BFF’s in the media, and declare “Ich bin ein Lederhosen-obergruppenfuhrer!!”

drunyan8315 on July 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Had to go for a minute…

Anyway, his point was that the Ameri-whoever are the modern day “uber” version of the Boy Scouts. And, he didn’t mean it as a slur on the Scouts; he meant it as a commentary on how our society has evolved. We used to have organizations like the Scouts who taught our young men the ideals of citizenship. But, of course, the lib-Socialist couldn’t have that, so their lawyer thugs set out to marginalize it. Now, they have its replacement – Ameri-thug…

Oneyedman on July 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I think it’s more because he questions things that Beck does, and questions things that Palin does, and doesn’t believe in conspiracy theories.

See, you’re only supposed to question people on their side, not ours.

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I’m an AP fan, but let’s face it… when was the last time he had anything good to say about a conservative? If he mentions one at all, most of the time it’s an attempt to embarrass, or he’ll include snarky comments about how he’s only posting about it for his readers, not out of any interest of his own. I’ve even heard that he’s disparaged HotAir’s members on Tweet, as though he’s embarrassed to be associated with us.

Yet he’s infatuated with McCain’s daughter, which is making a career as an imbecile that criticizes conservatives…. promoting Frum’s site, (although not as much lately)….

Certainly the KOS allegation was ridiculous and over the top, but it’s not surprising that people would wonder about him.

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM

He settled on McCain like the rest of us did.

Django on July 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Like Ann Coulter and the rest of us I think he voted for Palin.

redridinghood on July 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Re: Blake on July 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Whether Beck voted for Obama or did not vote, it was very, very STUPID. In McCain, you had a pro-life fiscal conservative who knows his stuff concerning foreign policy, military matters and national security, who had promised to nominate strict judicial constructionists to the federal bench and who picked Sarah Palin to be his VP. With Obama, we have a radical socialist who had brought multi-trillion dollar deficits, who is a foreign policy wuss appeaser, who is nominating radical liberals to the federal bench and who picked honesty challenged Biden to be his VP.

Phil Byler on July 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I got a “Sound of music” vibe out of that one. I don’t think I understood what he was aiming for.

Count to 10 on July 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I loved it when Glenn did it. He’s a comedian but he had a good reason to do it. It’s Friday afternoon. It’s GREAT!

lurker9876 on July 24, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Whether he voted for him or not, I have no idea, but AP definitely settled on McCain as the strongest candidate with the best chance around the time the primary voting began, if not a bit earlier, before the other main candidates had been eliminated.

Not that it matters…

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Phil Byler on July 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM

We’re not talking about Beck.

Not that it matters…

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Right. It doesn’t matter because one, he did not vote for McCain and two, he didn’t exactly promote him. This place was wall to wall photos of Obama most of the time. AP is not some conservative party leader. The fact is he did not hold his nose and vote for McCain and may have voted for his opponent. He won’t say. I would be willing to waterboard him to find out. Are you with me??

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 8:23 PM

That was fscking awesome.

Beck, I salute you.

LimeyGeek on July 24, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Oh, no! Tomorrow is going to be hotter.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Re Blake on July 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM:

No, the AP did not settle on McCain. The GOP primary process settled the matter, and it was not close.

Some things helped McCain with the primary voters: he stood strong and alone on Iraq and was proven right; he did not have a record of being a pro-abortion liberal state Governor who appointed Democrats to the judicial bench; he was and is a fiscal conservative; his patriotism and war record was unequaled.

The polls consistently showed that in putative matchups between Hillary and the GOP candidates and Obama and the GOP candidates in the general electorate, only McCain was close; all other GOP candidates were way behind, with Romney the most behind.

In 2008, the financial crisis creating economic uncertainties favoring Democrats, the Bush Administration bailout, the absurdly biased media acting as a propaganda machine for Obama, the 7 to 1 Obama money advantage, Bush unpopularity and demographic changes all contributed to it being a lousy, lousy year for the GOP.

Phil Byler on July 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM

FloatingRock

Not sarcing

but has it crossed your mind that AP does what he does precisely because it gets under everyones skin?

blatantblue on July 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Because he doesn’t like Beck, isn’t a fan of Palin, and doesn’t believe in conspiracy theories suddenly he should be blogging on Daily Kos? Wow.

amerpundit on July 24, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I was exaggerating. He can be funny and he’s a smart guy but sometimes I get sick of the TMZ/Perez Hilton style of political posting he more than occasionally indulges in. It seems like it’s more about snotty pose-throwing than anything else. He overdoes it with that at times. If his implication is that we conservatives take ourselves too seriously at times, point taken, but he seems to lack a bit of perspective on himself and how he talks down to his readers.

I don’t think he’s headed for Daily Kos. Guesting at HuffPo to start, well maybe. :)

Django on July 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 8:23 PM:

I stand corrected. AP was very, very stupid.

Sorry, long day at work; and I am impatient with atatcks on McCain when at least I saw Obama as a socialist all along last year.

Phil Byler on July 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM

See, you’re only supposed to question people on their side, not ours.

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Yeah that’s it, MC. Wow, you really nailed it.

Django on July 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Phil Byler on July 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM

No, not the AP either… we’re talking about Allahpundit. :)

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:36 PM

keep your eyes on the ball. obamacare.

email your congressman tomorrow.

can you still call on weekends? does someone answer?

kelley in virginia on July 24, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Glenn Beck interviewing “fatty ignorant slob Glenn Beck” later in the show made me LMAO. You chose the wrong clip.

Marcus on July 24, 2009 at 6:57 PM

If it doesn’t make GB look bad, it won’t play here .. lederhosen envy, or something.

redrock on July 24, 2009 at 7:00 PM

It was a funny segment. First thing fatty ignorant slob Glenn Beck sneered at interviewer Glenn Beck was “It’s about time you had someone on your show who had a different opinion than you, jerk.”

Marcus on July 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Personally, I only wear lederhosen on Saturday nights

vcferlita on July 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM

blatantblue on July 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM

That’s why I like him, (for the most part). AP’s great at stirring up a good debate. :)

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM

AP’s great at stirring up a good debate. :)

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Bad ones too!

exception on July 24, 2009 at 8:45 PM

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Let’s waterboard him.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 8:45 PM

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Yeah, point taken, but the ten thousandth post on The Chillbilly Empress of the North and what a rube she and her followers are? Yawn. I guess if the only goal is to stir up said rubes and drive post views I guess it works.

Anyway, I’m bitching more about one of the site’s proprietors than I am about the news here which means I should take a break. Bye for now.

Django on July 24, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Sigh.

Perhaps you all should take a second look at the video clip and PAY ATTENTION to the text of the PLEDGE.

If the visuals are too distracting, try closing your eyes and focus with ears instead.

I know it’s Friday and all that, but jeez.

No more free clues.

CPT. Charles on July 24, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Let’s waterboard him.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 8:45 PM

It would make an awesome vent! :)

He can wear one of those masks like wrestlers in Mexico.

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Bad ones too!

exception on July 24, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I have to admit, I liked AP better before he hopped on board the Frum/Megan McCain bandwagon.

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Now that’s a naughty bratwurst

He’s got to have the funnest show to work on at FoxNews.

Kini on July 24, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Becktesgaden

wraithby on July 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Becktesgaden

wraithby on July 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Nice!

thomasaur on July 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Yeah that’s it, MC. Wow, you really nailed it.

Django on July 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Sarcasm is evidently lost on you.

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM

CPT. Charles on July 24, 2009 at 8:47 PM

It didn’t work.

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Sarcasm is evidently lost on you.

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM

LOL! I’m not sure, but I think Django was returning your serve. :)

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM

How much good has there been to say about conservatives? Ed pretty much picks up every DeMint piece, and the occasional Pawlenty talk. Sanford became a disgrace. Palin resigned, and I don’t give a damn if people get sore about some of us thinking it was a bad move. McCotter makes occasional stops at Red Eye. Frankly, there’s been a drought of conservative voices lately that aren’t hanging out at PJTV.

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 8:58 PM

It would make an awesome vent! :)

He can wear one of those masks like wrestlers in Mexico.

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM

We’ll have to come up with an appropriate name for him.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM

GB deals with serious issues but doesn’t take himself too seriously.

That’s a good thing.

pugwriter on July 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM

To be fair Glenn probably tried to get a Nazi costume for this bit but was was unable to find any because George Soros had snapped them all up to issue to his minions and Obama’s hope and change goon squad.

Dreadnought223 on July 24, 2009 at 9:13 PM

It would make an awesome vent! :)

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Vent? Oh, you mean that thing that was supposed to be the core of Hot Air*ahem*?

When is the last time we’ve had one of those?

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Why is Glenn Beck doing his impression of the sound of music?

which von trapp is he exactly?

Dr Evil on July 24, 2009 at 9:19 PM

When is the last time we’ve had one of those?

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I don’t know but it seems like it’s been a loooong time. Probably since Bryan left.

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 9:21 PM

It’s Friday Night, and we’re in here talking about our Communist President, worrying about how he and the Democrats are out to ruin America. Take a quick break and go back with me to a time when a President and congress wasn’t going to destroy us.

Jeff from WI on July 24, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Why is Glenn Beck doing his impression of the sound of music?

which von trapp is he exactly?

Dr Evil on July 24, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Is there a scene like that in the Sound of Music?

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 9:23 PM

…That was an honest question. I’m not a musical fan and haven’t seen it for years, and maybe never in it’s entirety.

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Reminds me of Mel Brooks’ Springtime for Hitler.

Also Glen reminds me of the great comic, Jonathan Winters.

JiangxiDad on July 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I remember when we also had occasional Michelle posts, and she was the focus of the Vent vids. It kind of seems like she’s forgotten Hot Air.

To be honest, with the way many commenters are, I wouldn’t blame her.

MadisonConservative on July 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I voted for Palin, she was the only Conservative.

Beck is a comedian, I agree with him 90% of the time, he is talking about serious subjects, but trying to lighten up the mess we’re in where possible. IMHO, using humor, it takes off the edge, maybe, just maybe, some left leaner’s will wake up. They need to, they’re getting screwed with the rest of us.

America, regardless of party, is on the same train, it is going to crash. The only ones not on the train are the elite, all others are screwed. Wake up middle class, you support what they do to you!

M-14 2go on July 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Lederhosen ( leather pants ) are a Bavarian item, traditionally ( in the Old Days ) worn only in rural areas of the southernmost part of Germany–and in the Tyrol area of what is now Austria

Most Germans have always looked upon Bavarians as hillbillies: backward rural Catholics is what is now a mostly urban and secularized society.

Yes, but now wearing traditional “Tracht” has come back in fashion in Bavaria. Also, one wears a “Lederhose”, singular :)

hpnq420 on July 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I don’t think Beck is making an allusion to Nazism. Lederhosen, Bier, and Edelweiss are all very cozy and nice. Not sure what Beck is trying to convey here….

Rightwingguy on July 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM

See, he’s singing “Edelweiss” softly at the end. So….”Sound of Music”? That has Nazis in it I guess….

Rightwingguy on July 24, 2009 at 9:54 PM

All I know is I liked when he went off on that lady on the radio. GET OFF MY PHONE! GET OFF MY PHONE! YOU PINHEAD! I wish more people would do that to jerkwad left-wingers. I don’t even agree with the guy on everything but catch his show every chance I get.

NathanG on July 24, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Glenn Beck is the BEST for pure showmanship. Always a blast to watch.

Jeff from WI on July 24, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Whether Beck voted for Obama or did not vote, it was very, very STUPID.

Why should you have to vote FOR someone you don’t agree with? Not all conservatives thought McCain would be a good president…and those same conservatives certainly did not have to pull the lever for Barry. Quite a few stayed home and avoided McCain like the plague. The way he ran his campaign he did not deserve my vote and he did not get it. I went third party and while I don’t approve of Barry’s policies, I’m glad I voted FOR someone and didn’t vote for the lesser of two evils.

Dickie Dunn on July 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Ah heck; if Obama showed up in lederhosen the media would paint it as the smartest move ever by an American President. But then he has cuter legs that Beck.

MikeA on July 24, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Okay kids, let’s try this again…keep up with me now.

The AmeriCorps Pledge

I will get things done for America – to make our people safer,
smarter, and healthier.
[Okay, that's nice. Now then, how will this wonderful new America come about? And the source of these guidelines will be...?]

I will bring Americans together to strengthen our communities.
[And the unifying force will be...?]

Faced with apathy, I will take action.
[Care to define that 'action' part a bit more...?]

Faced with conflict, I will seek common ground.
[That's sweet. Seems harmless enough.]

Faced with adversity, I will persevere.
[Ditto.]

I will carry this commitment with me this year and beyond.
[Not quite an oath, but a bit open-ended as 'pledges' go.]

I am an AmeriCorps member, and I will get things done.
[Wanna define that 'get things done' part? That could mean anything. Granted, vagueness and tax-funded activities seems to be all the rage these days, but I'd like a bit more specificity please.]

Now then, what’s missing from this ‘pledge’?

I think I know, but what say you?

CPT. Charles on July 24, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Does anyone besides me remember Glenn before he was “tv Glenn”? That dude was was a gut laugh a minute….The friday random calls on his radio show to people who worked at a 7/11.

It seems to me that he turned the day Duchee O got nominated. He is brimstone and fire now., I love him for what he is saying and the way he has changed to say it. But for gosh sakes give me a Friday radio show that makes me laugh like I use to.

proudteadrinker on July 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I think Glenn is somewhat of a rating whore but in his time slot it’s him or Oprah. Sometimes I find he has interesting things to say other times he insults my intelligence with his conspiracy drawing the dots theory. BUT I must say that earlier this week he had a segment on Obama’s statement about how he is going to FUNDAMENTALLY change our country. I was heartened to hear him finally zero in on that since I too had zeroed in on that language before the election. I’m just glad that someone besides me has recognized Obama’s intent and has spoken it. NOW I hope that Glenn will stumble upon Obama’s promise in his inauguration speech where he clearly stated his intent to REMAKE America.

To that end Glenn might just succeed in waking up America to the plan by Obama to fundamentally change our country by remaking every nook and crannie to bring forth his vision of social justice.

Texas Gal on July 24, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Um, “at least own it”? How is he not owning it?

RightWinged on July 24, 2009 at 11:52 PM

My takeaway is that Beck went in at least 3 directions at once, none convincingly. His “Boy Scout salute” talked about the highminded moralism inherent in the pledge, the outfit seemed to suggest Germany (perhaps a Nazi allusion, maybe not), and the “Edelweiss” snippet was just weird.

Whatever the point was, I think the shock of his transition and the lack of cohesion made it hard to get where he was going with it. IMO.

cs89 on July 24, 2009 at 11:58 PM

His blasting that woman who called in to insult him. He laughed it off and interviewed himself in a split-screen.

amerpundit on July 24, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Really a funny bit, that.

And I loved Beck in the lederhosen. Cause I love Beck AND lederhosen.

I thought the skit failed mostly because I love lederhosen, Beck and think a lot of people in our current times won’t get what Beck was going for there about the good German thing (“good German ['way back then'] equals German Socialist/Nazi”).

People in Germany and elsewhere still wear lederhosen and they aren’t Socialist OR Nazis, so the bit didn’t quite make it.

Lourdes on July 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Glenn Beck is the BEST for pure showmanship. Always a blast to watch.

Jeff from WI on July 24, 2009 at 10:05 PM

The current “giant clown shoes” bit is equally weird and funny…

Lourdes on July 25, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Ladies: Am I the only one?

TXMomof3 on July 24, 2009

Heck NO! I love Glenn Beck and I find his humor, looks, and courage to go where others dare not go politically very sexy! I worry about his safety and I hope his popularity continues to grow. I wish that Fox would but him in Shepard Smiths time slot. He gets much better ratings than Shep.

Conservalicious on July 25, 2009 at 12:20 AM

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Without having to join the Twitter community, how do I find out if I’m one of the “chosen” ones? I mean, it would be a great tragedy if I worked so hard as a commenter to emulate AP’s passive aggressive style and didn’t even get a T-shirt.

platypus on July 25, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Video: Glenn Beck wearing lederhosen now for some reason

Well at least the birthers are mounting a credible opposition to Obama’s policies.

crr6 on July 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I love Allah, but I’m going to have to split with him on this one…

I laughed so hard when Beck ripped his jacket off and started dancing to an accordion only he could hear as he recited the Americorps pledge. Maybe it’s the 2.5 gin & tonics, but I don’t think so.

I think that Obama, with his ‘service’ focus and community organiser tendencies, was what Beck was mocking. The Boy Scouts have been criticised, SF is trying to kick our mil recruiters out, the Dems are on the encore leg of the American apology tour, and here Obama and his ilk are promoting the Oompah Loompahs of social service as a paragon. It’s the final straw, dammit.

Beck is creepy sometimes, but maybe the lederhosen stunt was what we needed to see. The image is seared, yes, seared in my mind. =)

linlithgow on July 25, 2009 at 2:17 AM

LOL! I’m not sure, but I think Django was returning your serve. :)

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Correct, but it blew past Madison Genius.

Django on July 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I was so excited when GB took off his jacket..but why did he stop ? Nice legs though
Luv to see what the broads of the View and the 3 wise men of MSNBC ( Matthews, Olby & Maddow ) do to top GB

macncheez on July 25, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Correct, but it blew past Madison Genius.

Django on July 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM

The fact that I considered that you were being genuine was not unrelated to your original post.

MadisonConservative on July 25, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Ugh.

Not even going to click on that video.

Not now, not EVAH!

Yakko77 on July 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM

That’s probably for the best. You wouldn’t want to accidentally break out laughing or anything….

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I’m always up for a laugh. Laughter is the best medicine… or so I’m told.

Yakko77 on July 25, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Sounds like Allahpundit is jealous. Obviously, there is not enough conflict with the liberals; so, he chooses to pick on a SUCCESSFUL radio and television conservative. I call his type “snits”.

mobydutch on July 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM

poor guy is jealous of any other dude who actually has relations with girls. you’ve got to feel for him. total snit. but Meghan McCain is lovely and a good kid, don’t forget!

I_C on July 25, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Remember this ?

macncheez on July 25, 2009 at 3:05 AM

It has to do with the State taking a role

Oneyedman on July 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM

The liberals consider the Boy Scouts to be ‘nazis’ and spend a great deal of effort trying to banish them from the public square

Oneyedman on July 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I agree. The public is being guided into State replacement organizations for the private religiously based organizations like the Boy Scouts. Boy Scouts are no longer written into scripts for television or movies as having anything to do with American life

We still have Boy Scouts, and quite a few of them, but Boy Scouts have become non persons like dissident Jews in the old Soviet Bloc. Invisible to the liberal camera

entagor on July 25, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Awesome! Beck is too cool for words.
Best show on Fox News.
jencab on July 24, 2009 at 6:58 PM

DITTO!

It’s good to have some ROF comedy along with a daily dose of how OB is taking your liberty away at the speed of light!

Nalea on July 25, 2009 at 4:51 AM

Now then, what’s missing from this ‘pledge’?
I think I know, but what say you?
CPT. Charles on July 24, 2009 at 11:27 PM

It’s either God or the words “Heil Hitler.”

Nalea on July 25, 2009 at 4:56 AM

Edelweiss

OmahaConservative on July 25, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Or this

OmahaConservative on July 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM

It’s either God or the words “Heil Hitler.”

Nalea on July 25, 2009 at 4:56 AM

Well, that’s one possible answer, but not quite what I was hoping for. Perhaps I’m being a bit too vague, just like the pledge above being a bit vague about everything: ‘service’, ‘action’ and ‘America’.

Just like their logo: american colors–yes, American flag–no.

Remember: the ‘absence’ of something can be as [or more] important then the ‘presence’ of something.

PS–Beck was referring to the ‘Sound of Music.’ And I’ll regard that a ‘fail’ since NO ONE referenced the ‘underlying’ story of the film. While the film was a musical, it also included a history lesson.

Based on bulk of the comments I’ve seen, a ‘lost’ lesson it seems.

CPT. Charles on July 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Beck is good for our side so it might be wise to leave him alone to do what he does so well.

jeanie on July 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Beck has simply borrowed a page out of Limbaugh’s pagebook for entertaining yet informative dissemination of the news: Illustrating the absurd by being absurd.

KendraWilder on July 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Come on, Beck, how offensive!

It’s two fingers, not three.

Reaps on July 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM

blatantblue on July 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM

FloatingRock on July 24, 2009

Aren’t you both suggesting that AP is little more than a mosquito, with no real opinion of his own? Not that I would argue with that assessment.

SKYFOX on July 25, 2009 at 11:27 AM

In typical Beck style, he leaves a lot of questions in peoples minds. No doubt, this is what makes his show fun.

There is a scene in ‘The sound of Music’ where one of the Austrian to German converts suggests that father of the von trap family should use their musical skills to help the new impending German government takeover in Austria.

Seems like Glen decided to go ahead and complete a similar task for Americorps on his show.

Freddy on July 25, 2009 at 12:24 PM

He was illustrating the now “voluntary” youth movement that he’s predicting will turn into conscription or mandatory “volunteerism” like the transition from Nazi (HJ) volunteerism/indoctrination to a conscription just before WW2 (HJ).

See Swing Kids movie for a partial illustration.

threeCents on July 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

See, if AlGore would have just come out wearing Lederhosen to push his agenda “uber alles” then I think he’d have more followers.

Beck is great.

Black Adam on July 25, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Beck has been reading a book about the Wehrmacht and talking about it on his radio show. He sees that we are repeating everything that led to facism and the Nazis coming to power. Rather then continue to scream about it, he put on the lederhose and used humor.
He is right, and it is frightening.

conservativegrandma on July 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM

You keep telling people to “own it” yet you refuse to reveal yourself. Hardly courageous.

long_cat on July 26, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Agreed, long_cat…

Exactly why I went from reading & posting Daily years ago to Occasionally tuning in NOW.

nationspatriotcom on July 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Based on bulk of the comments I’ve seen, a ‘lost’ lesson it seems.

CPT. Charles on July 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I hate the Von Trapps so much, I root for the Nazis in that movie :)

Wolftech on July 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM