CNN wonders: Could Obama be overexposed?

posted at 7:45 pm on July 23, 2009 by Allahpundit

Let me answer that question this way. Not only have The One’s rhetorical tics infested my brain — half my tweets start with “let me be clear” or “as I have consistently said” nowadays — but when I saw him on cable news this afternoon at that townhall, my thought was actually formulated this way:

Let me be clear: I can’t believe this f***ing guy is on TV again.

In all seriousness, I wonder if his overexposure has become self-defeating in the same way that the stimulus has. If not for that hard lesson, we might be stuck with ObamaCare right now. By the same token, if not for The One’s omnipresence, there might have been a lot more viewers for last night’s pep rally. Why tune in if you know you’ll see him somewhere else in the next three hours, throwing out the first pitch somewhere or making buffalo wings on the Food Network or talking to Matt Lauer about mom jeans or whatever? Further proof of his economic ignorance: The scarcer a resource is, the more precious it is. Make yourself scarce and people will pay more attention, Barry.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“We will have to be seeing him run around and act stupid for the next forty freaking years!…”

But, if we get Obamacare then maybe he won’t last that long. That’s about the only positive I can find in this legislation.

JoeinTX on July 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Obama TV. 24/7.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

TN Mom on July 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM

On Drudge right now: “President Ogabe to hold an hour long primetime press conference to deny his media overexposure.”

Bishop on July 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM

And what’s really funny, or sad, I’m not sure which, is that I WENT TO DRUDGE to see this!!

I had to laugh at myself.

tickleddragon on July 23, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I admit, I did the same. LOL!

+1 internets for you and +5 for Bishop!

Thunderstorm129 on July 23, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Only Britney Spears was more exposed than Obama.

bayview on July 23, 2009 at 9:40 PM

So let’s recap Obama’s press conferences:

#1: Crowd – Skittles and Miracles!!!!!!

#2: Crowd – Skittles!!!!

#3: Crowd – Skittles???

#4: Crowd – Skittles, dammit!!

#5: Crowd – Oh snap, Fresh Prince of Bel Air rerun!

Thunderstorm129 on July 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM

When does he work?

PrincipledPilgrim on July 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM

When I hear the President speak, I have to ask myself “is he saying something or just talking?”

You make the call.

jdflorida on July 23, 2009 at 10:08 PM

It could be worse and have to see his wifes ugly mug on the tube instead. The remote works overtime now the Odopey is on 24/7 Thank Goodness for sports.

ajmontana on July 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Well said AP. Let’s hope the dumazz is too stupid to catch on. Well, we won’t really have to hope much on that will we? Of course he’s too stupid to catch on.

Griz on July 23, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Actually, i’m thinking the more he ‘over-exposes himself’ the more the world will see (by his own doing nonetheless) on how inept he really is.

I say KEEP AT IT BUDDY!

hehehe…

RedbonePro on July 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM

You make the call.

jdflorida on July 23, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I hit the mute button every time he’s on. I just have to. I can’t stand to listen. I’m so glad Rush now plays all his Obama cuts at 78 rpm or I truly would not be able to listen. Clinton didn’t have this effect on me — and I even think I loathed Clinton more — but Obama’s voice is utterly grating. And then the constant, dripping, vicious sarcasm peppered with the pop culture references and the “down-home” diction. Do people really like that in a president. I can’t be the only one, can I?

Rational Thought on July 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM

So much that is wrong with this report.
1. That loon is a reason why nobody respects Cornell grads.
2. Obama is overexposed. It’s not a question.
3. The overexposure is not what is killing health care reform, its the ideas in the legislation.
4. Obama DOES have a smug swagger that says suck on it America. Or to quote Dear Leader, “I won.”
5. Anytime Obama is on CNN, it doesn’t count towards his exposure because only Rick Sanchez’s mother watches the channel, and only when she’s at the airport.

Johnson on July 23, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Rational Thought on July 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I think he drones on like the boring professor in Ferris Buehler’s Day Off (I love Ben Stein).

atheling on July 23, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Rational Thought on July 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Add to that the narcissism and the ‘this is MY house now…’ and the incessant lies that comes from his lips.

No, you’re not by far the only one. There are millions of us. Tens of millions…

RedbonePro on July 23, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Make yourself scarce and people will pay more attention, Barry.

If I never see his dumb ass again, I for one, will be eternally grateful.

NoDonkey on July 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM

No,Barry,don’t go away!Stay on the airwaves 24/7.We can’t get enough of you.You’re handsome and sexy and soooo cute,and we LOVE the way you read your teleprompter.We need more of your wifey and kiddies,too.While your at it how about all those relatives?Next time bring on Ayres and Wright,and the always lovely Bernadette(cue The Four Tops).
Ba-ry,Ba-ry,Ba-ry.We want MORE,MORE,MORE(cue Billy Idol).All Barry,all the time.Save us Barry from our poor pathetic rational minds,we need more guidance from the superior Being that is the One and only Barry,my personal friend for twenty,I mean thirty years(seque All That Jazz).
Yes,oh please gracious one keep intruding into our private lives and keep showing us what a moron you are,and making yourself less and less relevant.
Go,Barry,go Barry,really ,I don’t care where,just GO…BARRY.

DDT on July 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM

When Hussein the socialist appears on the tube, I hit the channel changer immediately. He is Joe Isuzu. Revolting.

james23 on July 23, 2009 at 11:05 PM

CNN wonders: Could Obama be overexposed?

We’re traveling for a conference right now.

1) Went out to dinner last night: OBAMA on TV for presser.

2) Every newspaper has Obama on the cover. USA Today is the worst: Obama sternly pointing his finger at someone with the headline, “We must pass this now”

3) On the hour news: ALL OBAMA and healthcare. Even the sports update is about Obama with the “perfect game” by the “perfect White Sox” (no really, they said that) with the no-hitter ‘cuz it’s Obama’s team. Just so you know, Obama called and congratulated the pitcher for this accomplishment.

The most egregious of them all:

4) My daughter is playing a Basketball Ap on her iTouch. The developers just updated the ap and who are the new players? Barack and Michelle Obama. I kid you not.

FREAKING. EVERY. WHERE.

To which I say: GO. AWAY.

conservative pilgrim on July 23, 2009 at 11:07 PM

We need more exposure. in fact we could use daily exposure. He’s been hiding everything but when he struts his arrogant self on stage, things start to come out which we need to know. I understand it is difficult to stomach, but we need more Obama.

UnEasyRider on July 23, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Obama to meet with Congress over the coming weeks to push his healthcare plan?!?!

And what plan is that exactly? Mr. “I Vote Present”, bask in my magnetic glow has no plan. Let me make that clear. He keeps making appearance before his subjects, hoping they are in awe of the words coming out of his mouth. That’s Mr. Obama’s plan…being present.

NickelAndDime on July 23, 2009 at 11:15 PM

UnEasyRider on July 23, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Exactomundo.

RedbonePro on July 23, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Rational Thought on July 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM

You’re not, sometimes he sounds like a preacher to me. He certainly doesn’t sound presidential.

4shoes on July 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Top Ten Overexposed Topics in America

10. Obama’s Mama in Law Bored and Lonely
9. Walter Cronkite dies
8. Obama’s Blue Jeans
7. Brett Farve Un-Un-Retiring?
6. Obama Throws Like a Spaz at All Star Game
5. Harvard Professor Freaks Out
4. Obama Slurs Cops
3. Gloved Pedophile Takes Dirt Nap
2. ObamaCare For Thee, But Not For Me
1. ObamaTV – We Know Drama!

DrW on July 24, 2009 at 12:12 AM

“The President is planning a more hands-on approach with Congress in the coming days.” In Chicago thuggery, that means “You do it my way or we’ll rough you up.”

Christian Conservative on July 24, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Not only is he overexposed, contrary to what they claim he is, he is a bumbling, rambling, incoherent speaker.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Make yourself scarce and people will pay more attention, Barry.

Why are you giving him advice? I always suspected that you voted for him. This confirms it.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Christian Conservative on July 24, 2009 at 12:21 AM

He really does talk like a thug, doesn’t he? With all his threats, putting us on notice, etc., he’s the First Thug.

Blake on July 24, 2009 at 12:29 AM

DrW on July 24, 2009 at 12:12 AM

What? No Michael Jackson?

atheling on July 24, 2009 at 12:48 AM

OOOps! I missed it! LOL, pretty funny!

atheling on July 24, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I’m sick of the fawning coverage of Obama on every network. He is an incompetent disgrace, who’s only in office because of the media’s constant use of propaganda. This subversion is anti-American, we have the 1st amendment to ensure that the press acts as a watchdog, not as partners in crime.

Cr4sh Dummy on July 24, 2009 at 12:50 AM

You make the call.

Sad part is, as evidenced by his ability to read fluently from a teleprompter without a clue as to what he is saying, his call is about as good as our, maybe less.

Franklyn on July 24, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Actually the only way i can tolerate to listen to him anymore is the Rush Limbaugh way….sped up (not quite to chipmunk.) far less painful, gets through it faster without the ums and ahs, and reflects how quickly he’s attempting to speed through his agenda.

Jessie on July 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM

We all know he has been overexposed – which is why I have refused to bring it up. As much as I hate Obama TV, I’m simply waiting for the left to get disgusted. Which they won’t do if we make a case out of it.

Connie on July 24, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Jessie on July 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM

I love it when Rush does it to Barney Frank. He sounds like Elmer Fudd on meth.

atheling on July 24, 2009 at 2:29 AM

The great frequency of his speeches is a testament to the notion that he does not understand the rules of capitalism. One rule being supply and demand. The MORE he SPEAKS, the LESS it’s WORTH.

Jeff from WI on July 24, 2009 at 7:30 AM

This dude is on TV more than Howie Mandell. Maybe he will turn over the WH for a talk show gig. I miss all the talk about how much the president smoked, I guess the question now is what is he smoking.

ne0365 on July 24, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Ya know Hugo Chavez has a weekly “Hello President” television show. Jussayin…..

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 24, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Make yourself scarce and people will pay more attention, Barry.

Didn’t work for Bush. There’s a delicate balance in there somewhere.

But Barry does love him some Barry… he probably gets the tapes and watches himself on a projection screen after every presser/interview/MSM love-making session.

mankai on July 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM

My dad is 67 years old, and says he’s seen more of Obama than almost all the other presidents he’s lived through combined. I’d definitely call that overexposure.

Vic on July 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I know this will sound terrible, but maybe his constantly having to be in the spot-lite is a racial thing. After all, whether it’s a millionaire ball player or millionaire rap star they all seem to need the “bling”, the gold plated Caddy Escalade or some other showy piece of junk to keep screaming watch me, watch me!

Jeff from WI on July 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM

The reason I voted for Hillary over him in the primary(Operation Chaos!) in that he was on every freakin’ cover last year!

thebrokenrattle on July 24, 2009 at 12:42 PM