Boehner to Emanuel: Hey, thanks for “rescuing” the economy

posted at 4:02 pm on July 22, 2009 by Allahpundit

Two vids, one from last night and the other from this morning, anticipating The One’s mind-boggling forthcoming assertion at tonight’s presser that Obamanomics is working. The second clip barely captures the extent of yesterday’s message discipline, actually: More than 100 House Republicans took to the floor to pose the question of the hour, leading to an uncharacteristic Steny Hoyer tantrum in response. The first clip is self-explanatory but reminds me why, in spite of everything, I can’t help liking Rahm Emanuel just a tiny bit. Imagine the elephant balls you’d need to blow $800 billion on a failed stimulus and then turn around and tell the New York Times you’re a big success. Unemployment at 9.5 percent and climbing, $23 trillion potentially spent to fix the economy, and this galactic tool has the stones to raise the “Mission Accomplished” banner over the U.S.S. Hopenchange. You’re welcome, America.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Palin\Boehner 2012?

WashJeff on July 22, 2009 at 4:21 PM
The tag line writes itself: “Admit It. You’ve Already Got One.”

Cicero43 on July 22, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Hahahahahahah,OMG! Well done!

Archimedes on July 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM

elephant balls

Omigosh…there’s that word again…

ladyingray on July 22, 2009 at 4:09 PM

What ever do you have against elephants?

rayra on July 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Franken? Wellstone?
WashJeff on July 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Beats me, honestly I can’t tell you, though I may point to the Twin Cities and first-ring suburbs as having over half the state’s population. They are lied and catered to like you wouldn’t believe; handouts that would make Ted Kennedy balk.

Plus we are the preeminent Yellow Dog state in the union; the libs put up the strangest candidates you can imagine, people who run on literally nothing, and the left marches dutifully behind.

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Did you guys at HotAir miss this?

Obama signed an executive order to keep him from having to release his actual birth certificate

JaqobJackson on July 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Didn’t a third party candidate have a lot to do with the Franken/Coleman cartoon show?

thomasaur on July 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM

“I can’t help liking Rahm Emanuel just a tiny bit.”

You’re a sick puppy Allah.

fogw on July 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM

it might lose the um Catholic youth vote, but it would bring in most of Rob’s home state of Utah.
Laura in Maryland on July 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

You wouldn’t want me as POTUS, the first thing I would do is ask how the Nuclear Football Briefcase works.

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Look, you semi-intellectuals can call me names like “birther” or whatever, but every American citizen is ENTITLED in knowing whether or not the president is a natural born US citizen or not and therefore qualified to be president.

What is Obama hiding? Why does he shows an alleged copy that the image demonstrates has been manipulated before being shown online?

Come on, don’t drop the ball only because some vile libtards call you names.

JaqobJackson on July 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Don’t forget the third-party nuttery that happens either successfully (Ventura) or takes away GOP votes (allowing the Franken debacle). Yes, Coleman was dull as dishwater, but I imagine he could have pulled out the win if Barkley were absent the race.

The rest is right on though: it’s the state that brought you Harry Blackmun, Walter Mondale, and Keith Ellison, in addition to all the other nuts previously mentioned.

Fallen Sparrow on July 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM

How about…..Bachman/Liz Cheney

HornetSting on July 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I’ll sleep better with a Cheney at the helm. She’s tough, smart, and I wouldn’t cross her in a dark alley.

Laura in Maryland on July 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM

So, two weeks after the surge democrats called it a failure and said the war was lost….

But over 6 months after the stimulus bill the economy has not improved, unemployment has gone up, but we’re still too early to pass judgement?

It’s the same thing all over again…To use the democrat’s language: we should call the recession a “civil war great depression” and that we need to pull our troops money out of this dumb war free market economy and resort to diplomacy socialism because “The WAR is LOST” capitalism has failed.

Scrappy on July 22, 2009 at 5:04 PM

thomasaur on July 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Sadly yes, though this time the “liberatarian” couldn’t reproduce the Ventura victory he was hoping for.

Coleman didn’t help either, he was acting RINO’ish and pissed off the base on a few things.

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM

The second thing he would do is send it to Tehran and test it to see if you were lying.

jimmy2shoes on July 22, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Yeah, so what’s the problem with that? As long as your button finger is limbered up and in working order…

Laura in Maryland on July 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM

How about…..Bachman/Liz Cheney

HornetSting on July 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I’d want Liz Cheney as Sec Def, personally.

jimmy2shoes on July 22, 2009 at 5:06 PM

What do you mean “where’s the jobs”?
I thought everyone was enjoying Funemployment?

dinkyjackson on July 22, 2009 at 4:07 PM

volunteerism is up according to the peacecore, they attribute it to “obama’s call to service” and unemployment (me thinks free time would motivate volunteerism more than obama’s urgings but whatever) so add VOLunemployment to Funemployment and we are just sliding down the slope to outright slavery, all in the name of utopia of course.

weewilly on July 22, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Fallen Sparrow on July 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I was also thinking of Patty Wetterling who ran a campaign on “protecting our children” and that was it, and she damm near won. She lost her son and what an incredible tragedy, but the woman’s claim of experience was heading the local PTA, though admittedly that would have qualified her to run as POTUS in 2008 on the ‘rat ticket.

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Voted yesw on the Auto Bailout that was nothing more than flushing cash down the crapper.

thomasaur on July 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Did you miss the part where he was from Michigan? Right or wrong, voting no on the bailout would guarantee his failure to be re-elected. Paul Ryan also voted in favor of it, which annoyed me to no end until I thought about the fact that he’s from Janesville, a medium-sized city with a major GM plant in town providing employment.

Voting no would have been as good as putting a bullet in both their careers in those states.

MadisonConservative on July 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Laura in Maryland on July 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM

A fellow traveler….hmmm.

Would you accept the post of Defense Secretary in my cabinet?

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM

“I can’t help liking Rahm Emanuel just a tiny bit.”

You’re a sick puppy Allah.

fogw on July 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM

AP likes being slapped around by ballerinas.

HornetSting on July 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM

jimmy2shoes on July 22, 2009 at 5:04 PM

“Heyyyyy, this thing really does work!”

*spins globe while eyes are closed and randomly points at next target”

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM

bullet in both their careers in those states.

MadisonConservative on July 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I understand your point but the fact that they think being a politician is a career is the biggest problem.

thomasaur on July 22, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Would you accept the post of Defense Secretary in my cabinet?

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I’d be honored, as long as I get to waterboard some czars.

Laura in Maryland on July 22, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Peter Roskam is hysterical. Shhhhh….maybe we can hear the jobs. OMG I almost peed!!!!!!!!!

milwife88 on July 22, 2009 at 5:18 PM

*spins globe while eyes are closed and randomly points at next target”

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Real estate values in Hyde Park plummet…wonder why?

Laura in Maryland on July 22, 2009 at 5:19 PM

MadisonConservative on July 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Which is why I like Palin, “If I die [politically], I die.”

mauipundit on July 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM

We ain’t seen nothing yet.

Bernanke Terrified Over Commercial Real Estate…

Moody’s Commercial Real Estate Scorecard Accelerates To Downside

Commercial R/E: Tick… tick… BOOM!

Remember McCotter. Hell, we even have Paul Ryan here in Wisconsin.

MadisonConservative on July 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM

McCotter should be our next VP hopeful.

Paul Ryan spoke at “Healthcare Reform – Putting Patients First” and got a terrific review from Dr. Rich.

The good doctor is a self-professed classical liberal, and has been encouraging doctors to go off the grid and trend toward “retainer medicine” (aka concierge medicine), which is what I want. The only thing we really need health insurance for is catastrophic and/or long-term care.

The whole thing is worth a read.

Rae on July 22, 2009 at 5:22 PM

“I can’t help liking Rahm Emanuel just a tiny bit.”

Slick Willy couldn’t have said it better himself! Never waste a good crisis and all that…in a PR sort of way, what he did was a stroke of genius. What’s even more priceless is that most of the MSM is just ignorant enough to swallow it without even chewing. I’ll bet he’s behind this effort to blame the GOP for the demise of the health care bill crap sandwich. I guess we’ll hear more about that this evening. Gotta give it to em…they’re not real smart, but they get an A in crafty wilyness.

scalleywag on July 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I like Hoyer’s response to the “Where are the jobs?”

Hoyer: ‘Hey, we won!’

End of argument.

GarandFan on July 22, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Bishop on July 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I’m with you. We both have the same strategy of arms reduction. :)

HoustonRight on July 22, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Mr. President….Where are the Jobs?

BigMike252 on July 22, 2009 at 6:02 PM

elephant balls

Omigosh…there’s that word again…

ladyingray on July 22, 2009 at 4:09 PM

What ever do you have against elephants?

rayra on July 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I have two good reasons to know the answer to rayra’s question, ladyingray.

Loxodonta on July 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Not original, but a reminder–

Recession: when your neighbor loses his job; depression: when you lose yours; recovery: when Obama loses his.

Barnestormer on July 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM

These guys are getting cornered. I’m adding to my preps ASAP.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 22, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I do not like Rahm Emanuel one. little. bit. He is a thug and a committed socialist, in addition to being a damned hypocrite for earning millions as an investment banker. He is a vile human being.

rockmom on July 22, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Zero Hedge: “Anything that starts with ‘We are now in the early stages of a depression‘ is a must read.”

Thanks, Democrats! We could have had a recession but, once again, you and your Keynesian true believers turned a recession into a Great Depression.

Rae on July 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM

The truth is what I say it is.

bayview on July 22, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Earth to Obama: You can’t create jobs unless you promote economic growth.

chipandcharge on July 22, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Unveiled – the plot to pass the healthcare bill. Millions out of jobs will take whatever scraps the Gov’t will give them. Increase the unemployment, and they will beg for healthcare since they don’t have any. Problem solved. I am on the verge of road rage over this!

justice4ddd on July 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Did you guys at HotAir miss this?

JaqobJackson on July 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM

More fuel to the birther fire.

Seriously… and I say this meaning no offense to the birthers… but it’s going to be a long 3 1/2 years if I have to hear more about the birthers.

Unfortunately, we may need another president to undo that executive order and produce the one piece of evidence that would settle the question once and for all if you’re correct.

Chaz706 on July 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Great video.

tx2654 on July 23, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Poor poor Obama. Married to a woman with an elephant ass and lead around by a man with elephant balls.

Mom4t on July 23, 2009 at 2:13 AM