Video: Let them eat painkillers

posted at 4:00 pm on July 21, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

This Marie Antoinette moment took place a month ago, and Karl mentioned it in a post at the time, but the video is definitely worth a revisit. Jane Sturm told Barack Obama that her mother had needed a pacemaker implanted at 100 years of age, but got denied by the first doctor she saw. She found a doctor who would do the surgery, impressed by her spirit. When Sturm asked Obama if her mother would have received a pacemaker under ObamaCare … well, watch for yourself:

Jane Sturm told the story of her nearly 100-year-old mother, who was originally denied a pacemaker because of her age. She eventually got one, but only after seeking out another doctor.

“Outside the medical criteria,” Sturm asked, “is there a consideration that can be given for a certain spirit … and quality of life?”

“I don’t think that we can make judgments based on peoples’ spirit,” Obama said. … “Maybe you’re better off not having the surgery, but taking painkillers.

This shows why politicians shouldn’t decide on medical treatments. Dr. Helen Smith, who herself had the same kind of heart problems at a very young age, explains why Obama’s course of treatment would have led to, er, cost savings:

Some heart arrhythmias are deadly, and a doctor telling a patient to take a pain killer to treat V-tach or V-fib should be guilty of malpractice. …

Heart arrhythmias can be absolutely terrifying leading to panic attacks and/or fatigue so crippling that one cannot get off the couch. A pain killer is not going to help. But maybe that’s the idea. Obama is so determined to get his health care plan passed–no matter what the consequences– that he doesn’t care how or if people suffer, especially older people.

Is Obama heartless, mean or just plain ignorant? His response to Jane Sturm leaves me wondering which.

No more heartlesss, mean, or ignorant than the bureaucrats who will eventually make these decisions under ObamaCare, using their pocket Comparative Effectiveness ChartsTM.

Update: The video above was edited for a radio broadcast; the full video is here:

This doesn’t change the criticism above at all. Obama still says that government will tell doctors that Sturm’s mother may not get the pacemaker but be told to take a pill. And although Obama says that “ultimately, that decision will be between doctors and patients” at the end of this video, he’s making it clear that it won’t be at all, but will be decided by a government official who will judge whether or not to pay for a procedure based on its effectiveness. And Sturm’s mother still wouldn’t have been helped by a painkiller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Pretty much all three.

myrenovations on July 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Is Obama heartless, mean or just plain ignorant?

All of the above. But I’m sure someone already beat me to this answer.

Daggett on July 21, 2009 at 4:03 PM

The Doping of America….

One citizen at a Time!

upinak on July 21, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Why health care costs are rising…

Ace is right about this.

And Obama of course wants to warehouse those 5% who eat up 50% of health costs because painkillers are cheap.

Mr. Joe on July 21, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Bush looked into Putins eyes and saw his soul, right? If one looks into Obamas eyes I`m betting they see cold emptiness.

ThePrez on July 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Liberalism kills.

CP on July 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Afghanistan Opium? Morphine? I see a win win here!

We can call it Kabul Kare!

Mr. Joe on July 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

And yet, Obama said he would do everything in his power and capability to help his family if they were ill.

If Obamacare is so great, why isn’t the government on it.

Enoxo on July 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Pain killer? Lord. He’s an idiot.

keebs on July 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Actually, I think the Insta-wife goes by Helen Smith, but this is a small point.

BigD on July 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM

ObamaCare in a nutshell: Hey America! FOAD!!!!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I would have walked out of the room.

Thunderstorm129 on July 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I hope Obama is shown the same degree of compassion when he’s older.

Daggett on July 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM

President Kevorkian

txhsmom on July 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Afghanistan Opium? Morphine? I see a win win here!

We can call it Kabul Kare!

Mr. Joe on July 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

You mean her mother wasn’t cured the presence of Teh Won?

Quick, get her another dose of Hopium instead of that pacemaker. That’ll do her.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

If doctors could treat the uninsured and use that cost as a tax write off……….

………. this whole problem would be solved in one second.

Seven Percent Solution on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

But seriously…what ethical healthcare system would advocate putting a 100 year old under major surgery. Many people need to wake up and realize we will all die someday. Delaying this inevitability, especially in this grotesque Frankenstein-like example, is very sad…especially for the centurian.

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Man I wish people would wake up to what an evil SOB we’re dealing with here. I see the poll numbers reflecting the perceived failure of his policies, but in reality things are going as he’d planned.

RightWinged on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Then there is the tried and true T-4 Program.

A real hit back in the late 1930′s…certainly put a stop to the pain of those provided the treatment.

According to the doctors involved, “Schmerzlos und billig.”

coldwarrior on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

i got a pain killer for him right here in my hand. it’s a louisville slugger!

Ghoul aid on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

He ignored the question. A painkiller wouldn’t have solved that woman’s problems. It was clearly above his paygrade, but that didn’t stop him from making the decision.

txmomof6 on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I’d rip someone’s face off if they said that to me about my parent.

Furthermore, I emailed my Senator today (blue dog Bayh) and told him that if one of my parents were denied treatment or had treatment deferred, I’d lead a revolt. I mean it.

Oink on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Obama and everyone like him think average Americans are like cattle. All Marxists have only one concern … themselves. If decades of history can’t convince you of that maybe 4 years of Obama will.

darwin on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Painkillers don’t help my illness…..so, is THAT what is in the obama koolaid?

HornetSting on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

What did you expect from a man whose half brother is living in a shack in Kenya? Maybe we could send some painkillers to George Obama.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

America is having Chest pains BECAUSE of Obama.

Obama wants us to take the Red pill.

Wonderful.

portlandon on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Painkillers don’t help my illness…..so, is THAT what is in the obama koolaid?

HornetSting on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Obama Koolaid = Jonestown Koolaid 2.0

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Ghoul aid on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

That would be a painer/killer

ROCnPhilly on July 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

And his supporters are also heartless, mean and ignorant.

myrenovations on July 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

What a cold motherf****r.

This is the heart of liberalism. We are nothing but molecules to be hearded to slaughter.

HE.will decide. The government will decide like Caesar at the colusseum giving a thumbs up or down to the victor in a gladiator fight.

No life for you!

Sapwolf on July 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Just Say YES to drugs. Painkiller addicts from coast to coast.

You think maybe big pharma are drooling and seeing dollar signs? I’m thinking they’re going to be endorsing Obamacare soon, if they haven’t already.

Monica on July 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Painkillers don’t help my illness…..so, is THAT what is in the obama koolaid?

HornetSting on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Obama Koolaid = Jonestown Koolaid 2.0

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

It doesn’t kill you, it just keeps you stupid.

HornetSting on July 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Pretty much all three.

myrenovations on July 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Yep, and combine all that with the fact that he’s a powerhungry dictator, and you’ve got a real disaster just waiting to happen.

UltimateBob on July 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Maybe he’ll be a really great President and order her a double dose of morphine.

BadgerHawk on July 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

He puts the “killer” in pain killer.

Ronnie on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Obama Koolaid = Jonestown Koolaid 2.0

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Obama used Grape Koolaid. Jonestown used Cherry Koolaid.

portlandon on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

The DNC:

A big tent, that everyone can die in.

lorien1973 on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

The one that gave this woman 5 more years of good life, and counting.

exception on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

BS combined with his staple of strawmen.

the_nile on July 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM

portlandon on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Mea culpa. Heh.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Is that what you’ll tell your parents, or your spouse?

BadgerHawk on July 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

OMG are you for real? If so, you are a freak.

Key West Reader on July 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Obama Koolaid = Jonestown Koolaid 2.0

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Whats the flavor?

It doesn’t kill you, it just keeps you stupid.

HornetSting on July 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

slow poison

upinak on July 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Obama and everyone like him think average Americans are like cattle.

darwin on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Worse, we are like ants to them. Drones who only exist for the purpose of feeding the Queen of the colony (or in his case, the King of the colony).

UltimateBob on July 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM

If doctors could treat the uninsured and use that cost as a tax write off……….

………. this whole problem would be solved in one second.

Seven Percent Solution on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Combine some form of that with letting individuals write off the cost of their privately purchased health insurance (like you do with your mortgage) and you have a winner.

Of course it means less government spending and control, so it will never happen.

BadgerHawk on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

UltimateBob on July 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM

You are thinking of bees.

Ants are more evolved then that. Oh crap am I going to be mobbed now? I said evolved!!!

upinak on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Who made you f’in God? Huh?

He’s basically saying the government is going to determine who dies, not the family, not the patient.

Remind me to pillow you when you get the hiccups, Mr. Ethics.

Sapwolf on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Maybe you’re better off not having the surgery, but taking painkillers.“

Well, there we have it. Nationalized healthcares’ first prognosis and prescription. Does he have a license to practice medicine?

Oh, thats right…..the government won’t need a real doctor to make medical decisions.

BobMbx on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Obama used Grape Koolaid. Jonestown used Cherry Koolaid.

portlandon on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

i thought most african americans enjoyed the red kool aid?

Ghoul aid on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

UltimateBob on July 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM

The Mommy jeans gave it away.

coldwarrior on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

But seriously, go to hell. Who are you or anyone else to decide someones quality of life? Under your perverse way of thinking I think that we should deny you any and all means to continue your life because your grotesque thinking makes me sick.

NotCoach on July 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

What does the ethics of the system have to do with this situation? If the 100 year old wants to take the risk of dying on the operating table in exchange for a few more years of life, then who are you to stick your nose in it? Unless you take the position of “i’m paying for it therefore I can decide.” In which case you need to spell out the change in the contract terms of Medicare, so that seniors are aware of the new limits on what society is willing to pay for. None of this dancing around with euphemisms.

txmomof6 on July 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Appropriate song for this thread.

Fugees – Killing Me Softly

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him, to listen for a while
And there he was, this young boy, a stranger to my eyes

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song

I felt all flushed with fever, embarassed by the crowd
I felt he’d found my letters and read each one out loud
I prayed that he would finish, but he just kept right on

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly

He sang as if he knew me in all my dark despair
And then he looked right through me as if I wasn’t there
But he was there, this stranger, singing clear and loud

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I can vouch for that. I visited the ER several times before they caught my heart doing its weird little thing, and although the one I have is harmless, it scares the crap out of me every time it happens–yes, even knowing it’s not going to kill me. I have to take a few deep breaths and calm down or it just gets worse.

When it was diagnosed the cardiologist asked me if I suffered from anxiety or panic attacks or had a high stress job, and I said no–I’m actually pretty mellow and calm. He asked me what I did for a living, and when I told him I was a high school teacher he laughed. That is, he told me, by definition a high stress job.

Swell. :)

Right on, Dr. Helen.

Bob's Kid on July 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Conservatives are such heartless bastards, right?

BadgerHawk on July 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

So where do you draw the line? 75 years? 60 years? How old is “old enough?”

And what gives the gods of government the power to decide at what age people should be left to die?

You are a prick.

UltimateBob on July 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

You are thinking of bees.

upinak on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Yep. The word you were looking for is “adapted”.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Yep. The word you were looking for is “adapted”.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

That is it. TY!

upinak on July 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM

But seriously…what ethical healthcare system would advocate putting a 100 year old under major surgery killing unborn human beings?.

FIFY

BobMbx on July 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Yo, Obama! Take a whole bottle of pain pills and call us in the morning you freakin’ pile of _____.

SouthernGent on July 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Why isn’t this being played over and over and over on TV?

Key West Reader on July 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Appropriate song for this thread.

Fugees – Killing Me Softly

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

The original Roberta Flack version was much better, IMHO.

UltimateBob on July 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

The one that gave this woman 5 more years of good life, and counting.

exception on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Right on. My grandma got 20+ years after her triple bypass heart surgery. She was glad.

Let’s start with Tort Reform, AND take subsidized abortions out of any plan. Two things that would help to control costs. But NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO, can’t turn your back on the half of lawsuits/lawyers and Planned Parenthood who hold your political balls in there hands.

Sapwolf on July 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

That free will thing and individual choice is a real pain the ass sometimes.

What gives anyone – besides that 100 year old person – the right to decide if he/she wants that surgery, if he/she can afford it?

lorien1973 on July 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

SouthernGent on July 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I think he’s built up quite a tolerance. After all he lives with Michelle.

HoustonRight on July 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Again, you show, w/out fail, what an ignoramous you are! So this woman’s quality of life for her last years could be filled w/panic attacks and ayrrithmias so bad she can’t get off the couch, but who cares? Really. We the people (Barack Obama) need to make this decision for her. You are SOL old lady. Have a nice day!

JAM on July 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Dr. Barack “Mengele” Obama wants your Grandmother to die, because he knows better than anyone who “deserves” to get adequate treatment and who doesn’t.

Unfrickinbelievable….

Norwegian on July 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Key West Reader on July 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Because, I think, liberals recognize that old people -need- to die in order to keep the ponzi scheme going. Obama is just putting that realization into action.

lorien1973 on July 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Hmmmmm…. painkillers huh Mr. President. Could we tell your typical white grandmother that? Seems that one recalls that she had cancer. At what point did the value of her life fall below the “systems” willingness to pay for it–and she was given “painkillers?” Is there a point beyond which her value fell below that even to warrant painkillers–hence would use no more.

We Americans are PEOPLE, we are INDIVIDUALS and we have inherent VALUE. We are AMERICAN CITIZENS—we are NOT AMERICAN LINE ITEMS, something to be simply as a cost, a bill, something to be cut–except when you need a vote.

I am frankly offended at the insinuation that Dr. Frankenstein Obama would suggest that he could ever oversimplify the decision making involved in the care of human beings to merely a dollar figure. As a healthcare provider, this dehumanizing and devaluation of life is a danger to the health and welfare of all Americans, particularly the most vulnerable–elderly, children and the chronically ill or handicapped.

To reflect on GEN Norman Schwarzkopf’s assessment of Saddam Hussein as a war leader during Operation Desert Storm he quipped, “As far as Saddam Hussein being a great military strategist, he is neither a
strategist, nor is he schooled in the operational art, nor is he a
tactician, nor is he a general, nor is he a soldier. Other than that he’s a
great military man-I want you to know that.”

Well, “As far as President Obama being a great healthcare leader, he is neither a physician, nor is he schooled in the healing arts, nor is he skilled as an administrator, nor is he an ancillary health provider, nor is he a nurse. Other than that he’s a great healthcare guy–I want you to know that.”

ted c on July 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Frankenstein-like example, is very sad…especially for the centurian.

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Centurian? Wow, this administration really is recreating ancient Rome! ;-)

ROCnPhilly on July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

My mom had a heart attack and required triple bypass surgery at 68. She recovered, but needed a pacemaker installed at 70. She did well, though her heart was “weak”.

She fell and broke a hip at 77. She was hospitalized and her doctor did not know if she would have survived a hip replacement surgery, physically. But knowing my mom’s spirit, did the surgery. She came through the surgery quite well.

Unfortunately complications set in a few days after the surgery and she passed away.

With Obamacare, my mother would not have been given the opportunity for those extra nine years after the heart attack. There is no cost-benefit analysis any government suit could have put together to justify the “expense” of those nine years.

Obama can sit on his thumb and spin.

catmman on July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

SouthernGent on July 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Now, now, now, SG. Wishing ill on the president is wrong. Next time suggest that the president may wish to switch to the “Julianne Malveaux diet” as part of his health care reform.

/sarc

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I continue to wonder at how people can consider this man “brilliant”.

He’s contributed no groundbreaking ideas. Everything he stands for consists of tired liberal platitudes. Even if you agree with him and them, there’s aboslutely nothing new there.

And whoopee, he gives a great speech. That’s not exactly a skill that’s in short supply. Talk is cheap. And this guy’s whole career shows us that he’s a talker, not a doer.

NoDonkey on July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Implanting a pacemaker is NOT major surgery. It is done under local anaesthetic, not always in an operating room, and often the patient is sent home within hours of the procedure.

ProfessorMiao on July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

lorien1973 on July 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

The Death Czar will be able to answer all those questions for you in due time.

sherry on July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I have premature atrial contractions. Like Bob’s Kid, scares the crud out of me when it happens.

But, under ObamaCare, I guess I can take the painkillers and leave; after all, I’m a boomer, so I’m expendable, aren’t I.

And dcwvu, wait until it’s YOUR turn.

Sarah2053 on July 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

There is a time and place to decide additional invasive care is not worth it. That time and is when an informed patient and family say they value comfort more than they value the possibility of additional time together.

The people making that decision should be the patient, their loved ones, and involved medical professionals.

NOT government beancounters. To Obama on this issue, all I have to say is STEP OFF. NOW!

cs89 on July 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Norwegian on July 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Obama hates grandmothers, kicks puppies, and eats kittens….he’s a BAD person. Get the pitchforks!

HornetSting on July 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Why isn’t this being played over and over and over on TV?

Key West Reader on July 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Just what I was thinking!!!

XWing5 on July 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

“I don’t think that we can make judgments based on peoples’ spirit,”

But apparently he is comfortable making judgments based on the bottom line and whether the patient meets a govt criteria of being worthwile.

katiejane on July 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

You know, at one time the Nazi thought they had very good reasons for sterilizing people. YOu sound like them.

runner on July 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Unlike the warm spring day of abortion procedures.

BobMbx on July 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I don’t know who said it…

“The measue of a society is how it treats its weakest members…”

JAM on July 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

darwin on July 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

From the poll numbers in free fall – Fauxbama tracking worse than Carter – it’s looking like people are getting convinced a lot fast than that.

Chainsaw56 on July 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Pay more to have less choice and die younger. Now shut up. What are you, some kind of racist?

Jim Treacher on July 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Wasn’t one of those campagin contributors coming through his website named “Grim Reaper”?

Hmmmmmm.

Sapwolf on July 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

this guy’s a joke. tap dancing like sammy davis, jr. look, we want their health care or leave us ALONE.

rjoco1 on July 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

If doctors could treat the uninsured and use that cost as a tax write off……….

………. this whole problem would be solved in one second.

Seven Percent Solution on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

BadgerHawk on July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

This would work if the government were willing to take the hit on the uninsured, because if they allowed this they would lose tax revenue. As it is doctors already take the hit by treating the uninsured for free and they can’t write it off. Why on earth would the government want to take on that burden?

txmomof6 on July 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

let me see if i get this straight. Prez O is driven to remake American healthcare because His mother was “worried” about healthcare bills in her last days.

but Ms. Sturms mother dying? not so much

Is Obama [Narcissistic], heartless, mean or just plain ignorant? / there that’s better

r keller on July 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

MM will wash it off for him. He nearly gets a pass on everything. BHO where did you get your medical degree?

Oil Can on July 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Jim Treacher on July 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Rahm, put down the steak knife. I think you showed us a flash of what is going on at the WH right now.

HornetSting on July 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

If doctors could treat the uninsured and use that cost as a tax write off……….

………. this whole problem would be solved in one second.

Seven Percent Solution on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Doctor’s write off fees for treatment services all the time…

ladyingray on July 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

dcwvu on July 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

how did you fit yourself, and your computer inside barack obama’s a–hole?

Ghoul aid on July 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Here’s his real answer so far….

This person has been reading the 1000 page house bill and posting it at Twitter.

the bill is worse than you thought

Peter Fleckstein (aka Fleckman) is reading it and has been posting on Twitter his findings. This is from his postings (Note: All comments are Fleckman’s)

Pg 22 of the HC Bill MANDATES the Govt will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Pg 30 Sec 123 of HC bill – THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benes u get

Pg 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill – YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

Pg 42 of HC Bill – The Health Choices Commissioner will choose UR HC Benefits 4 you. U have no choice!

PG 50 Section 152 in HC bill – HC will be provided 2 ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise

Pg 58HC Bill – Govt will have real-time access 2 individs finances & a National ID Healthcard will b issued!

Pg 59 HC Bill lines 21-24 Govt will have direct access 2 ur banks accts 4 elect. funds transfer

PG 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan 4 retirees and their families in Unions & community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72 Lines 8-14 Govt is creating an HC Exchange 2 bring priv HC plans under Govt control.

PG 84 Sec 203 HC bill – Govt mandates ALL benefit pkgs 4 priv. HC plans in the Exchange

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill – Specs for of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Govt will ration ur Healthcare!

PG 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill – Govt mandates linguistic approp svcs. Example – Translation 4 illegal aliens

Pg 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Govt will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps 2 sign up indiv. for Govt HC plan

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill – Specs of Ben Levels 4 Plans. #AARP members – U Health care WILL b rationed

-PG 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill – Medicaid Eligible Indiv. will b automat.enrolled in Medicaid. No choice

pg 124 lines 24-25 HC No company can sue GOVT on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Govt Monop

pg 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill – Doctors/ #AMA – The Govt will tell YOU what u can make.

Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into pub opt plan. NO CHOICE

Pg 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay 4 HC 4 part time employees AND their families.

Pg 149 Lines 16-24 ANY Emplyr w payroll 400k & above who does not prov. pub opt. pays 8% tax on all payroll

pg 150 Lines 9-13 Biz w payroll btw 251k & 400k who doesnt prov. pub. opt pays 2-6% tax on all payroll

Pg 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesnt have acceptable HC accrdng 2 Govt will be taxed 2.5% of inc

Pg 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from indiv. taxes. (Americans will pay)

Pg 195 HC Bill -officers & employees of HC Admin (GOVT) will have access 2 ALL Americans finan/pers recs

PG 203 Line 14-15 HC – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that

Pg 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill Govt will reduce physician svcs 4 Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected

Pg 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill – Doctors, doesnt matter what specialty u have, you’ll all be paid the same

PG 253 Line 10-18 Govt sets value of Dr’s time, prof judg, etc. Literally value of humans.

PG 265 Sec 1131Govt mandates & controls productivity for private HC industries

PG 268 Sec 1141 Fed Govt regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs

PG 272 SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!

Page 280 Sec 1151 The Govt will penalize hospitals 4 what Govt deems preventable readmissions.

Pg 298 Lines 9-11 Drs, treat a patient during initial admiss that results in a readmiss-Govt will penalize u.

Pg 317 L 13-20 OMG!! PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Govt tells Drs. what/how much they can own.

Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion- Govt is mandating hospitals cannot expand

pg 321 2-13 Hospitals have oppt to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can u say ACORN?!!

Pg335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339 – Govt mandates estab. of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing

Pg 341 Lines 3-9 Govt has authority 2 disqual Medicare Adv Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing peeps in2 Govt plan

Pg 354 Sec 1177 – Govt will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs ppl! WTF. My sis has down syndrome!!

Pg 379 Sec 1191 Govt creates more bureaucracy – Telehealth Advisory Cmtte. Can u say HC by phone?

PG 425 Lines 4-12 Govt mandates Advance Care Planning Consult. Think Senior Citizens end of life

Pg 425 Lines 17-19 Govt will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of atty. Mandatory!

PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Govt provides apprvd list of end of life resources, guiding u in death

PG 427 Lines 15-24 Govt mandates program 4 orders 4 end of life. The Govt has a say in how ur life ends

Pg 429 Lines 1-9 An “adv. care planning consult” will b used frequently as patients health deteriorates

PG 429 Lines 10-12 “adv. care consultation” may incl an ORDER 4 end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOV

Pg 429 Lines 13-25 – The govt will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Govt will decide what level of treatment u will have at end of life

Pg 469 – Community Based Home Medical Services=Non profit orgs. Hello, ACORN Medical Svcs here!!?

Page 472 Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORG. 1 monthly payment 2 a community-based org. Like ACORN?

PG 489 Sec 1308 The Govt will cover Marriage & Family therapy. Which means they will insert Govt in2 ur marriage

Pg 494-498 Govt will cover Mental Health Svcs including defining, creating, rationing those svcs

patrick neid on July 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

The Death Czar will be able to answer all those questions for you in due time.

sherry on July 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Right. Take a number please and get to the back of the line.

Oink on July 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I just got back from the DMV–they’re already planning for Obamacare. I think the place is going to double as a clinic. They were installing a morgue in the back.

ted c on July 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM

patrick neid on July 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Patrick you read it? Wow, you rock.

upinak on July 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Obamacare in a nutshell:

Productive citizens, who have paid taxes their whole life, who might require a surgery in later years: Sorry, take a pain pill and die. You’re not worth it.

Oh, but if you want to kill your unborn baby, we’ll finance that 100%.

Norwegian on July 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Doktor Barack Hussein Mengele hier. Wie gehst, Frau?

Steve Z on July 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM