Video: Birth certificate Truthers demand action from GOP congressman

posted at 8:30 pm on July 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

The congressman in question? Mike Castle of Delaware, whom you’ll remember for his mavericky maverickness in voting for Obama’s cap-and-trade monstrosity. He got an earful about that too — watch the second clip below — but it’s the Truther spectacle in the first vid that’s getting media attention, natch. Expect these people to play the same role at GOP primary events in 2012 that 9/11 Truthers played at Democratic rallies last year, occasionally cornering the wary candidate with a video camera to ask if he/she “supports a new investigation” and receiving the same vague, wary assurances that of course he/she will be happy to “look into it.” Still, I wonder: Will they disperse and hassle all the candidates equally or, a la Ron Paul, will one candidate catch their fancy and coopt the entire subgroup? I hope Huck and Palin, as the “true conservatives” in the race, are ready to field some awkward questions.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

This video brought tears to my eyes. I was happy to see people standing up and demanding that this farce of an admin be accountable. The “I want my country back” really got me.

NJ Red on July 21, 2009 at 10:02 AM

NJ Red on July 21, 2009 at 10:02 AM

And I think it is that sentiment more than anything else that is driving this story. The filthy liar in the White House has never been forthright with his upbringing. There is a carefully edited version that leaves as many questions as it does answers about where he was raised, his flirtations with Islam, and a slew of other questions.

While I do not think there is much behind this, I’m all for it being used as a way to get the rat bastard traitor come clean with his background. If that takes truthers disrupting town halls so be it.

highhopes on July 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Can you imagine if there was actually something to the lack of a legitimate birth certificate?

I would highly doubt that Obama was not an American citizen, putting the odds at 500 to 1. I think the most persuasive evidence I have seen is the publication of his birth in the newspaper shortly after his birth. But if it ever turned out that he was not, in fact, an American citizen at his birth, that would create a real constitutional crisis that this country does not need…

RedSoxNation on July 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I must be silly!
I’m totally a ‘birther’ and not ashamed one bit. nope.

Prove it, Mr. President, and please release your college transcripts as well.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM

WE MUST ALL SPEAK OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS CROOKED ADMINISTRATION-WE MUST FIGHT TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK FROM THE FACISTS CONTROLLING THE GOVERNMENT AND OUR TAX MONEY!

Roadking85 on July 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM

RedSoxNation on July 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I would welcome that crisis.
It beats the healthcare crisis, the global warming–oops Climate change crisis, Sotomayer crisis (okay, she’s not a crisis..yet) heh. Bring on the constitutional crisis.

The only people I’m concerned about are our men/women in the field in foreign lands with psychos trying to kill them.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM

While I find no credibility to the birth certificate conspiracy, I think this lady’s rant represents something different.

For me, she seems to be lamenting her indignation at the President’s failure to stand up and defend his country to the world. She seems to be tapping into the growing anger at a President’s world apology tour. Compared with all nations in history, no country has done more to advance the living standards and living conditions of the world. And America has taken very little in return.

People can bemoan various aspects of American history, but it cannot sustain these criticisms when American’s actions are compared with others countries.

Republicans would do well to tap into this growning resentment of Obama’s brand of elitist anti-Americanism.

RedSoxNation on July 21, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Trust, but verify.
Ronald Reagan

VikingGoneWild on July 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

The woman in the video should be brought up on charges of treason for endangering our troops. By bringing up this ridiculous question about our troops, she is endangering our brave military men and women serving abroad.

She is a traitor.

Constant Parrhesia on July 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I believe Obama is a filthy liar on his birth issue, as on most other things. I think he’s lied about his name, religion, birthplace, etc. multiple times. And I think that all of that more than disqualifies him from the Presidency. I’ll do nearly anything to see him destroyed as a political force.

But, there’s still the sting that most people wanted this bastard(literally), and prob. don’t care whether he’s a US citizen or not. Obama’s a SYMPTOM of what’s wrong with America, not really what’s wrong.

JiangxiDad on July 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM

LOL. I think that was the thinking all along–that it would be too much chaos to fix, so they could get away with it.

In any case, I suppose the “crisis” could be fixed by giving job to Biden, and then I suspect every Dem would be voted out of every office in the next election. Crisis not only solved, but situation improved.

JiangxiDad on July 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM

It’s a question. Why can’t it be answered?

curved space on July 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM

RedSoxNation on July 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I differ…I also think the odds are greatly against him not being a citizen…however if he is not a legal natural citizen, then this is what the country does need.

right2bright on July 21, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Jiangxi Dad at 10:51AM

America has been subverted by communists for the last 40 years. I’m afraid there’s no going back. We may as well die now. But maybe I’m just tired. The enemy has so blinded and divided even the people who love America and our Constitution.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Until I realized that his posted COLB is a forgery I thought it was a long shot too. But I don’t see any reason for him to have posted a forgery, unless the real thing would say he wasn’t born here.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I find it extremely unfortunate that some right-leaning people all too happily lump folks who want proof of Obama’s citizenship in with the freaky 9/11 truthers. I really don’t get it.

This is a matter which could very easily be laid to rest by submission of the actual birth certificate.

If there is any doubt, why wouldn’t anyone want proof (which could be easily supplied) of something that is required by our constitution in order to be eligible to become president? Why is it considered radical or freaky if you do?

In particular, this attitude by those on the right who insist on regarding people who want proof of citizenship as the lunatic fringe, is illogical and part of our country’s prevailing problem of just disregarding our constitution and its provisions in general.

Puddleglum on July 21, 2009 at 11:04 AM

The ‘bamster’ is not qualified under the Constitution requirements to president of the United States. He can’t prove otherwise or he would; eat his s*it all of you who voted for him.

jarhead0311 on July 21, 2009 at 11:20 AM

JiangxiDad on July 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I’ve thought about this quite a bit myself and have been quite disheartened in the American people.

But, what if it isn’t true?

Think back to the campaign. I remember an attorney from PA being on Rush’s show and talking about how she, as a Republican poll watcher, was intimidated by her democrat counterparts, and actually witnesses vote tampering and fraud as it happened. She told Rush that she knew that the true will of the voters in Pennsylvania was not being represented, and that the election was being hijacked.

When you factor in ACORN, I think it is entirely rational to believe that what was done in PA was done on a much larger scale. We know that the 527 group “Secretary of State Project” was created for the express purpose of unseating republican secy’s and installing dems. Democrats believe the election was stolen in Bush vs. Gore and that republican secy’s were key in this. Now they want to be the ones to do the “stealing”.

There’s definitely a story here, if only some enterprising journalist would take it on.

Puddleglum on July 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM

RedSoxNation on July 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

right2bright on July 21, 2009 at 10:59 AM

RedSoxNation & right2bright are EXACTLY RIGHT, Obama may be a U.S. citizen but HE has TOLD us he is NOT a Natural Born Citizen At Birth as is required. You must have “parents” = 2 parents who were BOTH U.S. citizens at the MOMENT of birth.
***He told us his father was NOT a U.S. citizen, but a British/Kenyan citizen at the time of Obama’s birth and beyond therefore HE CAN’T CHANGE HIS BIRTH STATUS NOR CAN HE EVER COMPLY WITH THE CONSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENTS. NEVER. BY HIS OWN WORDS.
So please stop asking for the birth certificate because he will produce one (real or not) and he’ll declare “case closed” to the “birthers”. It is yet another brilliant strategy to obfuscate and distract attention from the REAL ISSUE: one cannot be both a DUAL citizen AT BIRTH and a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN AT BIRTH. THEY ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. That’s why we must stop harping on on one piece of paper and focus on HIS OWN WORDS- WHICH CAN’T BE DISPUTED. Understand???

NightmareOnKStreet on July 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM

She is a Truther loon, these people should be ignored.

I do not get these loons, not too long ago they were complaining about the fact that illegal aliens can have their babies here and they become citizens based on the 14th Amendment.

But now he was born to an American in Hawaii and not a citizen??

Madonna’s son’s father is British – but Rocco was born here – he is an American citizen.

I don’t get this loon madness.

And shame on any poster here that enables these maniacs further.

This 1960s John Bircher sh*t belongs on another site, not at HA.

You guys are ruining Michelle’s site.

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:34 AM

How do birthers explain that both of Honolulu’s major newspapers announced the birth of Barack Obama on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu? Is this part of the cover up?

Being loud and passionate doen’t mean you have a point.

RayinVA on July 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Next time i register my son for school i’ll bring his birth announcement from the newspaper.

jollybird on July 21, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Why must Hot Air take this approach as if all of us who question ogabe’s citizenship are wackos? I for one do not know the answer, but I do know that he can put this to rest quickly by producing an original birth certificate.

The longer this goes, and the longer the one does nothing to suppress it, the larger this issue will become, and not just among us right wing conspiracy nuts as you lamely imply.

ReaganConservative3 on July 21, 2009 at 11:34 AM

NightmareonKstreet at 11:22AM

I agree that dual citizens don’t fit the definition of Natural Born Citizen. But that will only be decided in a court of law. So that avenue is already being explored. There are 2 judges as of now who have said they consider this to be a serious issue and are not going to let procedural issues stop the evidence from being heard.

The fact of the matter is that Obama posted a forged COLB online. Factcheck helped him with it. That has been proven. It’s very possible that he can get a long-form birth certificate forged by the time anybody is able to see it. His passport has been accessed 3 different times – with enough time between to allow somebody to tamper with it.

But regardless of what shows up there, the attention paid to the forged COLB means that he AND FACTCHECK will have to give an explanation for why they posted a forgery and tried to pass it off as authentic. Even if it appears that he is eligible he will still have to explain that, and I can’t think of any good reason he could give for that.

There is anger because it would have been so easy for him to put this to rest but he won’t. He will put his soldiers in a position where they don’t even know if they have Geneva Convention protections before he will simply answer the absolutely valid questions asked of him. This guy isn’t fit to be dog-chaser, EVEN IF he was eligible. His willingness to jerk the whole nation around for no good reason ON EVERYTHING is becoming apparent to everyone. And that can only be a good thing.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

This is craziness, pure and simple.

“It’s crazy,” said Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health. “I don’t think anything is ever going to satisfy them.”

Okubo, who said that she gets weekly questions from Obama ‘Birthers’ that are “more like threats,” explained that the certificate of live birth reproduced by Obama’s campaign should have debunked the conspiracy theories. “If you were born in Bali, for example,” Okubo explained, “you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate. But it’s become very clear that it doesn’t matter what I say. The people who are questioning this bring up all these implausible scenarios. What if the physician lied? What if the state lied? It’s just become an urban legend at this point.”

They are just like the 9/11 Truthers – they will not accept anything – but a scenario that proves guilt of some kind and champions their cause.

It is sick. Like the 9/11 Truthers – they are threatening and hostile, ignorant and ill-advised, just plain stupid and should be treated as such – or just ignored.

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Why? His maternal grandmother could have easily placed that ad. Just as my ex in-laws placed an ad in the paper in TX that my little girl was born, even though her birth took place in GERMANY. The mere fact that they paid someone to run an ad did not in and of it self magically ~*poof*~ change her birth place to TX. I can no more take that ad to anyone in TX and demand a BC for her.
*For what it’s worth, I’m not a Birther, but I do think a little logic ought to be used.

mauioriginal on July 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I have my questions about EVERYTHING about this guy. Remember when his grandmother died? He flew to Hawaii and had a LONG powow with the Governor didn’t he? What was so important? AND why not just release the info? While he’s at it, why not release his college info. Some of that info would surely reveal what a radical leftist freak he is. Damn, that would be entertaining.

marklmail on July 21, 2009 at 11:50 AM

jollybird on July 21, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Read the link to the article I posted – his grandmother NEVER SAID HE WAS BORN IN KENYA – IT’S A URBAN LEGEND FOR LOONS.

Like the 9/11 Truthers who wanted Bush and Cheney tried at the Hague for attacking their own country – these loons think they are on to something.

Just like the Far Left before them in 2004 – these Far Righties are mad because they lost, plain and simple.

And that Philip Berg loon that started it all – is a Democrat who sued – Bush vs Gore in 2000, wanted Bush brouhgt up on RICO charges.

WHAT’S HILARIOUS IS THIS WAS STARTED BY A FAR LEFT DEMOCRAT!!

As always – guess the Party….LOLOLOLOL.

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I’m not hostile, ignorant, ill advised, or stupid.
I just want his records released. I also want to know why he’s spending millions of dollars on keep his records sealed.
Why shouldn’t I? He’s our President.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

You should be able to prove what you claim.
But, you cannot do so, loon.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM

mauioriginal on July 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM

This is exactly what Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health has been sayting all along – you guys create all KINDS OF CRAZY SCENERIOS TO BRING ABOUT THE RESULTS YOU WANT.

Give it up:

1. He’s a citizen

2. They won – for now

3. Stop making the GOP look like the John Birch Society circa 1964

4. Accept the truth – it will put your mind at ease and set you free

5. Give this craziness up and get involved in something more beneificial to the Party like the Tea Party Movement or something that will effect real change in 2010 & 2012.

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I’m not hostile, ignorant, ill advised, or stupid.
Why shouldn’t I? He’s our President.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM

READ THE ARYICLE I POSTED – THEY WERE RELEASED.

YOU GUYS ARE CHASING RAINBOWS AND URBAN LEGENDS.

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM

4. Accept the truth – it will put your mind at ease and set you free
AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Proof is in the pudding. I see no proof. I have no proof. There is no way that I can know the truth at this point.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I must be silly!
I’m totally a ‘birther’ and not ashamed one bit. nope.

Prove it, Mr. President, and please release your college transcripts as well.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Tim Burton on July 21, 2009 at 12:01 PM

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I can multitask.

selias on July 21, 2009 at 12:02 PM

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM

“they” were released? What is THEY? lame article with not much information in it.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Okubo’s final word when asked specifically about the Factcheck images:

“I don’t know that it’s possible for us to even say beyond a doubt what the image on the site represents.”

From the Politifact article so often cited as proof that Hawaii has verified the forged COLB’s online.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM

How about this crazy theory? Roughly a year from now all of the Clintonistas will realize that Obama’s unpopularity is going to bring everything down in the midterms. Suddenly an official certificate is revealed that shows Obama is not a citizen. Biden is named the interim president until a new president can be elected. Presto! Hillary Clinton becomes the first woman president. How’s that for conspiracies?

kongzilla on July 21, 2009 at 12:10 PM

justincase on July 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Hate to break it to you, but what I see on line I see on mine as I look at it in my hand. It kind of looks like the seal above the fold is raised if you look just right, while the seal below could almost look flat. If I took pictures at the same angles and scanned them, they’d look the same. Anything I’ve seen online looks the same as mine does.

I could not get a driver’s permit with the sh*t that Barry claims is his birth certificate. And neither could most Americans.

bloggless on July 20, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Your inabilities with getting so much as a driver’s permit aside, having the same CoLB that Obambi does from the state of Hawaii, I can verify that I can get a driver’s permit in many states without fuss, drivers license, marriage license, military ID, passport, etc…The argument by laymen that just assume without knowing only helps to prove the “Birther’s are loons.”
And here’s the clincher-on the very bottom of the document it states “This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding. [HRS 338-13(b), 338-19]”
There may be something on the long form he doesn’t want seen, but the CoLB is just as good a document for anything in this world as the long form. Nit picking over that just really looks silly.

mauioriginal on July 21, 2009 at 12:10 PM

AprilOrit, go to http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104599 and read the whole thing. Also watch the video.

Nothing Okubo says can change what’s actually on that document, and if she says it’s authentic (which she never has) she has some heavy-duty explaining to do.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:12 PM

White House Beefs Up Legal Staff
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:25:48 AM · by Mr. Mojo · 13 replies · 360+ views
Washington Times ^ | July 21, 2009 | Jon Ward

Good news. Looks like we’re getting a Birth Certificate Czar.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 21, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Mauioriginal, I don’t think you get what I’m talking about. The seal doesn’t bend when the paper it’s on folds. Trace the circle on the top fold of Factcheck #5 http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/birth_certificate_5.jpg Then trace the “seal” on the bottom fold. Compare the shapes. Why does the top circle distort because of the fold but the “seal” remains round?

It is SOOOO ironic that you quote the “prima facie evidence” thing, because the only reason Obama is not sitting in jail right now is because an online image can NEVER be used for legal documentation, for any purpose. Why do you think Obama has never shown this COLB he says is real to anybody but Factcheck for 17 minutes? Why does he keep it hidden away?

Because if he presented it for real, he would be legally liable for forgery.

If you haven’t already, look and listen to what’s at:

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM

You are all quite mad, you know.

This is Freeper fringe idiocy going mainstream. This is orders of magnitude worse than BDS ever was.

Carry on, and soon whatever credibility the US conservative movement has will be gone forever.

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Did Obama have any childhood friends? Name 2.

Did Obama have any college friends? Please link 2 interviews. Or 2 names.

Why does Obama have a wedding band on all his college age photos? Was he married before?

Are any of Obama’s Mom’s friends alive? Even one?

Does even one person in the world see baby Obama in the hospital?

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Answer one question. Why would a person spend a million dollars in legal fees to prevent people from seeing his original birth certificate? Any logical answer will do.

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM

John McCain was forced to prove his citizenship with documentation. The senate actually declared him a natural born citizen last April.

Why not Obama? What’s so hard about this question?
Who can’t show the world their birth certificate? Our President???????

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM

AprilOrit on July 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I get your point, but I think it is absolutely imperative that a presidential nomminee should have all his records scrutinized. We can’t even see his college transcripts, passports he traveled on, and yes his long form BC…The Senate is scrutinizing Sonya’s wrintings. Why won’t he RELEASE ANYTHING.

jollybird on July 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Yes. This is very embarrassing to you “conservatives” who think that the Founders intended for multiple citizens to be included in ‘natural-born’. Okay, there.

progressoverpeace on July 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM

There is no logical answer that will suffice. You and I know both know that if you were presented with the original certificate it would not be enough for you or your deranged co-dependents. You know how I know? The birth certificate was already released.

Seriously, you people should be on the fringe of any movement and laughed out of existence. The problem is that your little fantasy may very well lead to someone or some group less stable than you and yours (is there one? hard to say, because this is all kinds of effed up as it is) thinking it’s justified to kill Obama because he’s “illegitimate” as President.

Hooray, HotAir is now Free Republic Light and quickly becoming a laughingstock whilst losing credibility by the bucketload.

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM

One of the news sites which reported on the eligibility issue asked its readers the question: Are you a birther, or a believer?

I’d like to hear Allahpundit, the atheist, explain why he believes we are crazy to ask for legal-quality documentation on this issue. He knows a computer scan isn’t accepted as documentation for anything. If we got into a discussion about Scripture I’m sure he’d have something to say about the level of proof of authenticity.

I’d like to hear why WE – the skeptics, in light of signs of forgery and a lack of transparency – are the morons? Then I’d like to apply his logic to his atheism…

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Krydor at 12:36

If that was really a birth certificate and not just an online image, Obama would be sitting in jail right now, as would his Factcheck buddies who helped him forge it.

Look and listen at
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104599 before responding to anything else here.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM

krydor, you are the weakest troll we’ve had here. Please go back to troll school. Your own pitiful blog says you are not a conservative. I love your pasted in troll talk – “fringe”, “deranged”, “laughingstock”. My dog could do better.

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM

WTF are you talking about? Being presented with the ORIGINAL Birth certificate would CERTAINLY Suffice.
It has not been released. It is under lock and key. And being fought to keep it that way by Obama himself, in courts of law.

Wtf? Again…John McCain came forward with legal documents. Why can’t Obama?

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I have absolutely no respect for anybody who tries to sell the argument that a person who asks for legally-acceptable documentation for an imperative legal question is a fringe lunatic.

Take that logic to its conclusion, people.

When all is said and done, the people upholding standards of evidence and the Constitution to be upheld will be the only ones left with any “credibility” among the sane.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM

World Nut Daily? Seriously? Honestly? World Nut Daily?

And that, in a nutshell, is why you lot should be laughed out of existence.

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Selias…

I listened to about 30 minutes of the audio you linked to last night, at about 27-28 minute mark, Taitz said that if Obama is proven to be ineligible that Biden would be President temporarily until a new election could be done, approx. 2-3 months. She named some precedant(sp) cases about Senators if I correctly recall.

stacy on July 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM

NightmareOnKStreet on July 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Calm down and stop repeating stupid things. I am not an American. My wife is an American. My daughter was born in Tampa. She is a natural born U.S. citizen. It is pure B.S. to keep repeating that a Kenyan father cannot have a natural born U.S. citizen child. What the h@ll do you think anchor babies are? If the bamster was born in Hawaii then both his parents could have been martian, he would be a natural born citizen.

DocKen on July 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Yeah, like anyone who took the NATIONAL ENQUIRER seriously when they broke the story of John Edwards should have been laughed out of existence, huh?
Enjoy your giggling.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM

This lady’s tax liens get aired out on national television in 5…4…3…2…

/Fascism

bluelightbrigade on July 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM

DocKen on July 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM

That’s all fine and dandy. Which hospital was he born at? Where are the records? Prove it.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM

krydor, we try to stick with logic and facts here. I know you love Alinsky.

ALINSKY RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational.

Ridicule from imbeciles doesn’t work here.

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Yes, I’m a troll who has been posting here since the second registration of users.

You people are dangerous. I mean in a real and violent way, not because you hold some greater truth.

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I want to see the birth certificate

As stupid as it sounds, people are saying that people concerned about BHO’s nationality are racists, only motivated by their disgust at the color of his skin.

That is a total straw-man arguement, designed only to make ppl stfu. Unlike the 9/11 truthers (who are just dumb), these folks are ordinary citizens who feel that they got ram-rodded a ready-made candidate whom no one…NO ONE…in the MSM vetted.

bluelightbrigade on July 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I agree, we are not crazy, stupid, sore losers ect., all we ask is that our President supply the most basic of documents and prove us wrong. Instead he continues to pay attorneys to block all efforts to produce any documents or transcripts. McCain had to produce his Birth Certificate AT THE OBAMA TEAMS REQUEST during the campaign, yet he refuses to do so! All we want to know is WHY?!

stacy on July 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

justincase,

The point is, doofpundit and beekiller, and others like them, have no proof, they just don’t want to be seen as “fringe conservatives” by liberals, so they will not accept any such idea, even if you prove it to them.

TTheoLogan on July 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM

krydor, don’t get so emotional. Facts please.

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Again, I’ll try this one more time. You want to see what you want to see. I get that. I don’t like the guy any more than you do, and what he’s doing to the country. But crappy arguments about the CoLB get no one anywhere.
When I hold my CoLB, folded in the same way, up my seal looks the same. I trust that the REPUBLICAN Gov of Hawaii isn’t trying to bamboozle anyone and cover for this jerk.

Oh, I know, she’s Jewish and it’s all a part of that vast Jewish conspiracy. /sarc
please….

mauioriginal on July 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Krydor at 12:42

What an impotent excuse for not looking at the data presented to you. You’re scared to look, aren’t you?

Know who they interview? Government officials. Know what document they reference? Obama’s own posted COLB.

Scary sources, I know. If you whistle while you look you might not be so scared…

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Mauioriginal, hold your COLB against your screen while looking at http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/birth_certificate_5.jpg Get the side of your document to exactly match the edge on the screen. You’ll have to putt the document toward you on your right side. When you get it all aligned, snap a photo. Then trace that shape. What shape is it?

I have done this many, many times. Will you agree with me that there is only one way the document and camera can be positioned to get the exact same edge line as on the screen?

Our eyes see in 3 dimensions. Our brain automatically fills in the dimensions and it looks right to us. So we can’t just go by what we see when we see the shape in context. We have to go by what the actual shape is. To see it without our brain putting it into 3D we have to see it by itself. That’s why you need to trace the shape.

Do it and tell me what you get.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Actually, as I understand it, the next highest vote-getter in the election gets it NOT nancy, McCain

stacy on July 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Hmm. Now we know why Sarah resigned. She’s getting ready to become VP! ;-)

nukemhill on July 21, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

LOL….We are Dangerous for wanting documentation.
hilarious. And you call US loons! Boo!

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM

THESE ARE SOME OF THE RECORDS RELEASED SO FAR:
This issue should have been resolved before the election. Our Congress and the DNC are absolutely incompetent.

jollybird on July 21, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Has anyone told you lately what a Richard Cranium you are?

stacy on July 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM

World Nut Daily is about on par with Alex Jones’ “Info Wars”. It’s crap. It’s not just crap, it dangerous crap. You can continue to feed yourself crap and call it filet mignon, but it is crap. It is devoid of journalism, period.

I’m also not concerned that the meticulously researched Loose Change “documentary” will make me think 9-11 was an inside job. I’m also not concerned that MUFON will suddenly break out and show me some proof of aliens.

There is no level of proof. The birth certificate was released.

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM

You missed the point. Go ahead and ask for the certificate as part of the normal vetting process. I was critcizing the weird claim that he couldn’t be an American, even if born in Hawaii, because his father was Kenyan, and a British citizen. All I’m pointing out is that I’m Canadian, and my daughter was born in Tampa, and she is a natural born American. This whole “he couldn’t be an American because his father was Kenyan” is part of what makes birthers sound nuts.

DocKen on July 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Krydor…? Didn’t your mama ever tell you not to argue with crazy people?

stacy on July 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Jollybird, I think one of the court cases which is being taken seriously by the judge is one that sues the Congressional leaders for not verifying his eligibility. There is a delay now so that those government officials can get their legal representation lined up.

To be truthful, I think that is where the buck is actually supposed to stop and I think those who failed to do their Constitutional duty should be out. Start over. I think normal citizens have a right to petition their government for a redress of grievances, and people not doing what they are required by the Constitution to do is a VERY legitimate grievance.

I also think if these Congress-critters realize that we have a way to MAKE them obey the law, they will be less ready to screw us at every opportunity, which is the REAL problem in Washington, DC.

I can’t see ANY real conservative having a problem with holding these people’s feet to the fire. EVERY problem we have from Washington comes because our representatives know they can get away with anything they want. Until we do something about it, this nation is a lawless pile of crap. We have two options to do something about it – within the system, or through revolution. I, for one, want to give the system a chance before moving on to the last resort or accepting the death of my country.

Now how exactly does that make me the extremist?

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM

There is no level of proof. The birth certificate was released.

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM

His original birth certificate has never been released. Stop lying.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Krydor: blahblahblahblahblah I WON’T EVER LOOK AT IT AND YOU CAN’T MAKE ME blahblahblahblahblahblah

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM

docken, do you know the difference between an “American” and a “natural born citizen”? Or are you just stupid?

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM

if he was born in Kenya in 1961, he would not be a US citizen.

Ronnie on July 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

yes he would

faraway on July 20, 2009 at 9:41 PM

He would be a citizen, but not a natural-born citizen which is what the Constitution requires for the office of President. The office of President has a higher requirement than just citizenship. The President must be a natural-born citizen.

Immigrants who become citizens are disqualified. Foreign-born citizens are disqualified. The term “natural-born” was well understood by the courts and general population when the requirement was written into the Constitution.

It is just that in “modern” times, people are too lazy and/or uneducated enough to care what the Law of the Land requires for the highest office in the country.

This is an important issue for those of us who take the Constitution seriously.

dominigan on July 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

DocKen on July 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM

You should try and understand what the argument is before you jump in and spout idiocy. The issue with many is not whether he is an American but whether he is a ‘natural-born’ American. The Founders did not want any foreign influence in the Executive and made the ‘natural-born’ criterion for the Presidency to disallow circumstances such as a multiple citizen occupying the position. For the Founders, a natural-born American was someone who was born American and had never been anything but American.

progressoverpeace on July 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Tell you what, Krydor, since you say the birth certificate was released already, why don’t you ask Obama if he will take the document he’s already released to the secretary of state of Nebraska and present it as documentation that he was eligible to be on our ballot.

Would you have any problem with that? Do you know of any valid reason that Obama should have a problem with that?

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

dominigan on July 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I know. Just trying to correct “facts”.

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM

His original birth certificate has never been released. Stop lying.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM

And this is why you people are dangerous. It has, you know it has, you’ve seen it. You choose not to believe it because it interrupts your narrative that Barak (HUSSEIN) O(s)bama is not the REAL President.

Like I said earlier, someone less stable than you (which is possible) might see this utterly manufactured controversy as a green light to kill Obama.

You have a level of proof that is good enough for any court or rational human being.

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Wait one minute, Krydor. Do you realize that a scanned computer image is not the same thing as a 3D, live document?

A computer scan is NEVER acceptable for legal documentation purposes. NEVER.

So when has anybody but FActcheck (the ones who helped him do the forgery) ever seen a 3D document? When? Name, date, and place, please.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Whatever Obama is…..

WHY Won’t he just release the freakin’ documentation???

That fact alone is enough for me to question him.
GW Bush, J McCain have had to release documentation showing FACTS about them. They did so.
John Kerry was asked to..did he ever?
Obama won’t.
WHY?

what is he hiding, and it’s OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING, whether it’s his real heritage or not, he’s hiding something.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

His original birth certificate has been released>?

WHERE? WHEN?
you lie.

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

What is wrong with you? Do you love to lie, or is it just a hobby?

progressoverpeace on July 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM

“We are a nation of Laws not men” veiwpoint is not extremist

jollybird on July 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I’m going to have to do it when my daughter gets home from work. I need her camera. Like an idiot I tried it with my Blackberry and I got a blur. Duh.

mauioriginal on July 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Krydor on July 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

You’re out of your mind. I never said he wasn’t the real president. He’s obviously the President!
Who is HIDING information from WE THE PEOPLE.
We demand to know. OH HEAVEN FORBID
HE produce a freakin’ DOCUMENT showing his BIRTH RECORD.

We aren’t asking for his bank accounts!!!

bridgetown on July 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I have a Ph.D. in American Politics, hence the Doc in DocKen. Very conservative school at that. [there are some, if you look for them] Natural born means born in the U.S.A. regardless of parentage. That’s one of the reason we have anchor babies. Courts call them Americans simply because they were born here. Birthplace in America means natural born citizenship. The fact that Britain would honor a claim to British citizenship based on his father’s legacy does not make him British. He’d have to confirm that choice. Go ahead and ask for a certificate. Don’t foolishly repeat the idiocy that his father makes him ineligible to be a natural born American since the only thing required, naturally, is to be born in America.

DocKen on July 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Thanks, mauioriginal. I have to use my son’s. I’m sure his friends wonder why he’s got these goofy pics on there.

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM

krydor has reached a new low in trolling. He accused HotAir readers of conspiring to assassinate the President.

faraway on July 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM

From http://people.mags.net/tonchen/birthers.htm:

If you believe there is enough doubt about Obama’s eligibility to warrant a public inquiry, please consider writing, in your own words, a letter to the proper authorities, politely and respectfully asking them to bring (or permit a third party to bring) the matter before the DC District Court. Attorney Leo Donofrio suggests writing to U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, since the U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia Jeffrey Taylor has resigned.

By writing, you would show that (a) you care about the Constitution, (b) you believe there are reasonable doubts about the President’s Constitutional eligibility, and (c) faithfulness to the Constitution requires a proper and timely investigation and resolution of these doubts.

davidk on July 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM

DocKen at 1:21PM

Was George Washington a natural-born citizen of the USA?

justincase on July 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM

progressoverpeace on July 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Wrong. Requires being born in America and never having renounced citizenship. Britain’s willingness to recognize him as British is not the same as his having renounced U.S. citizenship. You blur this intentionally? My daughter, until 21, could claim Canadian citizenship. [she won't] That does not mean she is somehow magically not American, nor natural born American. I get the argument. You are just wrong unless you can show he renounced. But what I’ve been hearing is that his Kenyan father somehow automatically excludes him from being a natural born American. Review anchor baby case law. Born in the USA means natural born citizen. Period. Full stop.

DocKen on July 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM

faraway at 1:23PM

Not quite. He said that our talking about this might give some crazy people the idea to assassinate the Precedent.

But, you know, what could anybody say against the Precedent that WOULDN’T have that same possibility? If you follow the logic to the end, all anybody can do is agree with the Precedent.

Now THAT is scary.