Video: Health rations and you!

posted at 12:15 pm on July 16, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

The Sam Adams Alliance has a brilliant new satirical video extolling the virtues of the Health Administration Bureau. Set in 2015, after the health-care industry mysteriously goes bankrupt under ObamaCare, the video uses the feel of a World War II propaganda newsreel, complete with paeans to “sacrifice” and “giving a lot and taking a little”:

It’s brilliant, and best of all, the Sam Adams Alliance hopes to make a series of these videos. Their Health Administration Bureau micro-site has plenty of meat on the bone, explaining health-care rationing through biting satire. Check it out and pass the word!

Comments

It’d be funny if it wasn’t so likely to be the actual outcome of the POR Congress’ current plan.

LibraryGryffon on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Well, that doesn’t look so bad. You still get to see a person called “doctor” and you still get medicine.

Why, it almost looks exactly like AnninCA’s current Kaiser plan!

myrenovations on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Awesome. Once they make the AMA part of the government, all they need to do is implant Government Motors’ On Star in citizens’ heads to monitor that they are properly taking their soma.

Credit where credit is due – this plan came from one of my wife’s sci-fi stories.

Vashta.Nerada on July 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

We can make videos till the cows come home.

We can write e-mails to our Congressmen until our fingers fall off.

We can call said Congressmen and beg them not to pass this until we become hoarse and lose our voices.

The healthcare boondoggle will pass regardless.

Knucklehead on July 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Closer to the truth than we might think.

Pain relievers would be the new catch-all treatment under Ogabe-Scare.

Bishop on July 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Awesome … but frighteningly real.

darwin on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Each day that goes by that ObamaCare gets closer, I get madder and madder.

I’ve never been as enraged about any issue ever in my life. I’ve called every blue dog dem imaginable. And I watch network news thinking they’ll talk about it but instead it’s coverage of Jacko, or “obviously well known GOP frontrunner Ensign”

I want to punch the congressional dems in the face. This is different than some issue on a tiny tax, or changing the name of the war on terror. This is life and death…

…and our country is just sleeping.

Anybody else mad as H$#%??????

battleoflepanto1571 on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Was “Dr. Fleming” Frank J. of IMAO?
Hilarious-in a scary way-btw.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

What we need is one of “our” billionaires to buy some airtime in strategic (e.g. blue dog) markets to air good stuff like this. Obama would have a thrombo…..

Patrick S on July 16, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Loved it.

My guess is the med, “Best”, is hemlock.

tru2tx on July 16, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Anybody else mad as H$#%??????

battleoflepanto1571 on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I’m past mad, I’m reloading shells.

Jeff from WI on July 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM

If, God forbid, this goes through, I think the next tea parties will be a little more .. lively .. than in the past. I for one would be ready to take a few days off work (not that I can afford it) and march on Washington, pitchfork at the ready.

LibraryGryffon on July 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM

“Each ailment untreated is a patriotic victory against personal responsibility.”

very clever

Monica on July 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM

There WILL be another American Revolution. And I don’t mean a Chebby

Jeff from WI on July 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Well, we’re a nation of “do-it-yourselfers” on common things like putting in our own tile floors, who is to say we can’t perform our own home surgeries?

Sure, there may be a few bump on the road and we may have to practice on some housepets a few times prior to trying our hand with more valued family members, but what’s that compared to achieving the vision of Barack Obama?

NoDonkey on July 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

97% for me.

college educators scored 55%.

Scary.

Vashta.Nerada on July 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I wondered the same thing!

lorien1973 on July 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM

All will be OK once Obama goes on TV and lies er I mean explains why this will be SO good.

Jeff from WI on July 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM

If it passes and Joe Six Pack and Family discover the real meaning of “government health care”, lively tea parties and pitchforks will be the least of Ogabe’s worries.

Not to mention the figurative bloodbath of the 2010 elections after a year of experience under this disaster.

Bishop on July 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM

We can make videos till the cows come home.

We can write e-mails to our Congressmen until our fingers fall off.

The healthcare boondoggle will pass regardless.

Knucklehead on July 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Buck up, Knucklehead! I loathe polls, but if the Blug Dogs can slow this thing down, it might collapse with those poll numbers. Hope there’s no change.

NickelAndDime on July 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Anybody else mad as H$#%??????

battleoflepanto1571 on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

oh, i’m a powder keg just waiting to be lit. i’m sure there are thousands more just like me. it won’t be pretty.

Ghoul aid on July 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I thought the last line was the best: “…a patriotic victory against personal responsibility!” That could be the slogan for pretty much every liberal program.

logis on July 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I didn’t like this film as much as Posture Pals.

Jeff from WI on July 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

The way I see it, ObamaCare will certainly usher in a revolution. However, I suspect it isn’t what POTUS and his fascist legislature-monkeys have in mind.

National Health care passes, and it WILL mean revolution.

AW1 Tim on July 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM

My mother tries to tell me that I’m overreacting about this bill, because “Americans will never stand for medical care waits and treatment denials the way Brits and others do, so Congress isn’t going to try anything like that. They just want to make sure everyone has insurance.” I think she gives them waaaay too much credit.

LibraryGryffon on July 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Yes and with a significantly higher average than “educators.” Of course, much of that was due to all those economic questions. There’s something in the blood of “educators” that makes them choose the socialist answer every time.

Seriously though, the questions weren’t all that difficult. Every “educator” should have far higher than 55%.

highhopes on July 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I was getting into the vid. I was waiting to hear about the red menace.

Seriously, Obama sucks! HE SUCKS!!

madmonkphotog on July 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

AW1 Tim on July 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Of course that isn’t the intent. Obama’s shooting to be President for life just like in every other third world dictatorship.

highhopes on July 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

LibraryGryffon on July 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

my entire family one generation up says the same kind of stuff. i tell them they’re dreaming and you’ll see what will happen, and they laugh and say “well i trust the democrats to do what is right” UGH.

and the thing is, they’d turn on a dime if aarp came out against it!

battleoflepanto1571 on July 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

If they don’t ration care severely, this thing will cost twice as much as they now claim. So it has that going for it.

NoDonkey on July 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM

As Glenn Reynolds is wont to say, “More! Faster!”

Bob's Kid on July 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM

If Obama keeps it up, we’ll be begging for Kim Jong Il to let us into North Korea.

Sapwolf on July 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I am mad as h$@# and I don’t know what to do with it.
Calling, writing not working, I’m ready to march on D.C.
Not that that would work either. I just can’t believe this is all happening. Next Obama is going to rig elections or do something so he can keep his power FOREVER.

constitutionlady on July 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

NoDonkey on July 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM

That would explain the drugs found at Michael Jackson’s house.

Seriously, universal healthcare under the Obama administration means that every American, regardless of income, will get a box of band-aids, a bottle of aspirin, and a card that gives them the month and year they should phone in if they have any medical problems. This, of course doesn’t apply to the filthy liar and his family. They’ll get top taxpayer-paid medical care for life along with favored members of the poliburo.

highhopes on July 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

When I pick up my AR-15, I’m gonna give it a name on the stock:

Hope&Change

Sapwolf on July 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Didn’t Obama meet his wife at the Health Administration Bureau………?

Seven Percent Solution on July 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Ghoul aid on July 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Same here.

Sapwolf on July 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

87.88%

However, their answers to questions 30 & 33 are incorrect….so I reckon I truly scored 93.94%

LimeyGeek on July 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Where the Vid of Bush pushing old people down the stairs??

This can now be reused to show what the dems plan to do with the sick elderly.

Star using their own propaganda against them!!!!!!!!!

Rick007 on July 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Dr. Evil
Not only did I pass the Civics Test-I passed with an A.
Even with my high school education-it wasn’t difficult.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Ehhh… not that good. Too many complicated examples that muddle the message and will make this thing get lost in the You Tube mass…

South Park did a better one in their movie with Concentraion Happy camps!

Showing a family happily pulling the plug on Grandma (while using Obama’s speech as a voice over) or a woman happily having an abortion to show their support for “their fellow citizens” followed by a man cutting his pills in half to extend his drug prescription (and who’s happy to do HIS part). Will go a lot further.

Skywise on July 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Limey Geek
30 and 33 were two of the 3 that I got wrong-according to them.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

93%… but I could argue the two I missed LOL…

One was what is the best way for a Gov to stimulate an economy in a recession… I said decrease both TAXES and SPENDING…. they said decrease taxes, increase spending…

Problem is that LONG TERM that creates debt, which has to be paid for, and an expectation from your electorate that the spending you created will continue, thus growing government…

Bleck..

Romeo13 on July 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM

87.88%

LimeyGeek on July 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Yep, only two I missed… LOL

Romeo13 on July 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Didn’t Obama meet his wife at the Health Administration Bureau………?

Seven Percent Solution on July 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Not this week…I think he’s getting ready to speak to the NAACP today.

BigWyo on July 16, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Limey Geek
30 and 33 were two of the 3 that I got wrong-according to them.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Ditto…actually I got 4 wrong (4, 14, 30 33). 4 & 14 were about the content of some debate Abe Lincoln had before the States’ War, and what the Puritans were about – cut me a little slack, I’m a limey immigrant ;)

I answered A for both 30 and 33.

30. What *would* a government *most likely do*? Raise taxes and increase spending of course! That’s the kind of stupid shit government do! What *should* they do? Ahhh….that’s a different question entirely – they should lower both taxes and spending (answer D), however the official answer was C (lower taxes & increase spending!) WTF?!

33. If taxes equal gubmint spending…the official answer is D (tax per person = spending per person), which is utter bollocks! About the best that can be said is that the government is not accruing debt if it only spends what it has in the bank (answer A – my answer).

LimeyGeek on July 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM

“Embrace the SUCK, Amerika”- Prez Ogambi.

Fletch54 on July 16, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Anybody else mad as H$#%??????
battleoflepanto1571 on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I’m right there with you. I honestly have blood shooting from my eyes. March on Washington? You bet. How about the 9.12.09 Tea Party March on Washington. Leave the signs at home. Bring the pitchforks and AR-15s. We need to scare the hell out of these bully politicians who vote for this health crap that they will NEVER have to be a part of, either for themselves or their families.

labwriter on July 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Yes. I too am mad as hell. Every day, every week, this collectivist, marxist assault on liberty. Mr. Obama: It is NOT my responsibility to pay for YOUR healthcare, for your food, your mortgage or your childrens’ education. I did not spend my entire life getting a good education, investing in and building a small business so that I could take care of MY family, just to have you strip it away in the sweep of your insane statist vision of America. Too many people have given their lives, YES, their lives, to preserve our economic and political liberty over the course of this nations history to let you in the short space of a few months, “because we won”, destroy the basic freedoms on which this country was founded.

Yeah. I’m mad and ready to fight but feel powerless. What do we do? How do we turn this insanity around? Teaparties? Writing / calling campaigns? It all seems so inadequate.

george h on July 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Can we petition SCOTUS with a class-action lawsuit against the US government as a mechanism for redress of grievance?

The Executive Administration is complicit in the illegal Congressional act of creating this legislation, as per the 10th Amendment.

LimeyGeek on July 16, 2009 at 1:08 PM

highhopes on July 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

highhopes those same educators are the ones in charge of teaching our children.

I don’t know if this comes from a lack of education in some key areas like American History and Geography. But just think back to some of the comments from the present Administration visiting all 57 states except two Alaska and Hawaii….Janet Napolitano stated and had to correct herself the 9/11 terrorist didn’t come across the Canadian Border and the Canadian Border isn’t as dangerous as the southern border. The stats on Mexican Border violence because of Drug Cartel activity is wildly reported on. They seem to have a faulty historical reference to even recent American History. The question is why? Are they unable to interpret unless it comes in sound bites fed to them by Liberal MSM? Example the Liberal MSM couldn’t understand they were confused by Sarah Palin’s statements to why she was resigning…I didn’t find any of her statements confusing. In one instance Mourning Joe actually interprets her statement for the rest of them which is pretty sad, they can only understand in this newspeak that has been created for them to communicate with a teleprompters help.

This is why I followed up on my last post the Exhaustion of the Obvious. Something has really broken down in this country.

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 1:09 PM

They need to change the “website” to http://www.healthrations.GOV.

Steve Z on July 16, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Napolitano had stated that the Canadian Border was as dangerous as the Mexican border. Don’t even get me started on their “man made disasters” and “over seas contingency plan”
They have an agenda to make things more complicated then they need to be why? To muddy the waters, which we have been experiencing a lot of lately, for example the role of Goldman Sachs.

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Pain relievers would be the new catch-all treatment under Ogabe-Scare.

Bishop on July 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Yep, and death will likely be prescribed as a pain reliever.

UltimateBob on July 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM

97% for me.

college educators scored 55%.

Scary.

Vashta.Nerada on July 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Yep and they turned out in droves the last election, and we all know who they voted for.

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM

National Health care passes, and it WILL mean revolution.

AW1 Tim on July 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I sincerely doubt it.

Obama is putting us right where he wants us – afraid to do anything because we need to protect what little we have.

Daggett on July 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM

87.88%

dglenn on July 16, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Speaking of healthcare, can we take down the Shriners Hospital ad photo of the footless girl? Please?

Akzed on July 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

george h on July 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Well stated, George H.

Yesterday, somebody vented their anger by attempting to drive their car through a barricade at the Capitol building in DC with a weapon, only to get killed in the process. I don’t advocate that kind of action, but I expect that these incidents will become more commonplace as our gubmint keeps turning the screws on law abiding Americans.

UltimateBob on July 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Akzed on July 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Yeah. Looking at her legs makes me hungry.

LimeyGeek on July 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I was missing the questions on taxes too. Odd that Hmmmm.

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Sadly, as a non american I was only able to score a 90.91%…

same problem with questions 30 and 33… don’t like their answers…

and health rations are the norm up here…

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on July 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM

LibraryGryffon on July 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

That’s the “reasoning” all Socialism is based on: people blythely assume the government can take over any enterprise, and it will magically continue to provide the exact same level of innovation, efficiency and customer service as that created by competitive forces… The only difference is that you don’t “waste” all that money on profit.

Liberals never need any actual experience at running even one business, let alone all of them. As consummate airheads, liberals know that their intentions are perfect, so their results must always turn out well. So when liberals “fix” things, they don’t see all the “leftover” parts as scary portents of a horrific lack of skill; they are proof positive that liberals know what they’re doing better than the original builders ever could.

The novel “Planet of the Apes” wasn’t much like the movies. It was written by a Frenchman as satire. In it, the world was exactly like earth is now, with cars, planes etc. Apes had copied everything else humans used to do, but they couldn’t figure out stock exchanges; so all they did was get in a huge room, swing on ropes and scream at each other 8 hours a day. And it turned out to not affect anything else in the world at all.

As indescribably silly as that sounds, that is honest-to-God the way that Socialists think the world works: anything they don’t understand must be unimportant.

logis on July 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM

It ain’t about health. It’s about control.

spmat on July 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Got an 87.88%. Missed 4 out of 33 questions. That’s not too bad, is it?

Anyway, good video, though I think they can afford to get even harder-hitting. I look forward to seeing more.

Animator Girl on July 16, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

97%. Thank you, Catholic education system (1963-76).

Lurking Vet on July 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Where’s the one on food rationing? With Crap and Traitor, food won’t be produced or transported.

TinMan13 on July 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Having found out from you folks what the correct wrong answers were for 30 and 33, I still missed two, #7 (haven’t read up on the Civil War since Junior High) and #27, an economics question, a subject I’ve never studied. So not too bad. I should make a copy and go over it with my daughters to make sure they don’t miss too much in school.

LibraryGryffon on July 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

97%. Thank you, Catholic education system (1963-76).

Lurking Vet on July 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Yep, that’ll do it every time GRIN.

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

TinMan13 on July 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM

That’s where fantasy and reality collide: Soylent Green.

Once the elderly are shoved out the door into hospices, instead of medical care, you have lunch.

tru2tx on July 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Got an 87.88%. Missed 4 out of 33 questions. That’s not too bad, is it?

Animator Girl on July 16, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I wonder if my libertarian streak effected my answers. I pretty much blew the tax questions. When in doubt the Government should stay out. The Old saying, When you can do no good at least do no harm.

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Anybody else mad as H$#%??????

battleoflepanto1571 on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

*raises hand*

I’d be like Jeff from WI, but I’m sadly too poor for a gun.

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Does 90 percent count as passing?

Especially when I don’t agree with one of the answers?

I personally think decreasing both taxes and gov’t spending is a good idea during a recession but the test didn’t agree.

As for getting question 7 wrong that’s my own damn fault.

Chaz706 on July 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Akzed on July 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

AdBlock Plus is your friend.

Snowed In on July 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

90.91-missed three.Don’t think that’s bad for a High School grad.who graduated 40 years ago.

DDT on July 16, 2009 at 2:22 PM

LibraryGryffon on July 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

The evil trick that the Obama and his acolytes are pulling is to confuse “health care” with “health insurance”.

People want “health care” delivered when they need it.

The Obamacrats are working on “health insurance” (because they want the money for themselves): NOT “health care”!

If you have “health insurance” but no doctor will accept it, what do you really have? FACT: There is already a shortage of doctors who will accept Medicare.

When Obama tells you he is going to squeeze over a half-trillion out of health providers, he is guaranteeing that there will be far fewer doctors available to serve you: your “health insurance” will be worthless because it won’t buy you “health care”!!!

landlines on July 16, 2009 at 2:28 PM

maybe it’s some pun I’m not getting(it’s hot today) but isn’t news reals supposed to be news reels?

JiangxiDad on July 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Wow! Can’t wait for Sheriff Joe to inform us that DYING would be PATRIOTIC!

GarandFan on July 16, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I missed that one, too, for the same reason. I’d assume decreasing spending means that they can’t justify raising taxes later. But alas, perhaps I am just too radical. ;)

Animator Girl on July 16, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

84.85%… man I hated history class as a kid. Give me a math/science/logic test any day instead of this.

As usual I’ll take my “B” and be happy… wait, the educator’s average was 55%, national average 49%?

Well I disagree with grading on a curve; everyone else not knowing something doesn’t mean you know it any better. So Give me my “B” and I’ll make it up on the math section.

Puritans believed… (dunno).
Gettysburg address text, been far too long since I read it.
Lincoln Pres. debate subject? … dunno
#33, I agreed with several above. Debt not per capita tax/spend.
And I missed the defn. of “Public Good”.

I hate history & memorization; there’s a reason I majored in Math. If you forget a formula or proof there’s still a chance (if you learned where it came from) to re-derive it.

gekkobear on July 16, 2009 at 3:29 PM

gekkobear on July 16, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Derivation from first principles *rules*.

LimeyGeek on July 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I grilled Olympia snowes office earlier saying I represented a labor group of 3000 bath iron works employees. Find a Maine area code. Pick a business in Maine and call her office and say you have a petition growing to remove her From office. Play hard ball people the libs are. Stand up and fight for your freedom !!!!!!
texaninfidel on July 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM

texaninfidel on July 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Ghoul aid on July 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I’m a poweder keg too. In fact I think I see a few hairs growing too.

boomer on July 16, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

81%. What the heck does Plato have to do with US civics?

boomer on July 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Anybody else mad as H$#%??????
battleoflepanto1571 on July 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Yep. I keep writing and writing to no avail. Can never get through on the phone. MIs 2 Senators are Dem with noses too far up Ø’s backside to vote against him.

My Rep is a R and for him I have hope. Michigan is in a world of hurt as it is. I can’t believe these fool Dems would knowingly want to make it worse!. Oh wait….they’re Dems.

blr2449 on July 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Can You Pass a U.S. Civics Test?

Dr Evil on July 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

81%. What the heck does Plato have to do with US civics?

boomer on July 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM

LOL…I thought the same thing.

30 out of 33 correct 90.91%