The sadly obligatory “Meghan McCain calls Joe the Plumber a dumbass” post

posted at 8:08 pm on July 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

When news is slow, as it is tonight, it’s either MeggieMac or an atheism post. Consider yourselves lucky.

Worth noting that Elisabeth Hasselbeck said virtually the same thing about JTP two months ago, although I grant you that it’s bigger news when the daughter of the guy who made Joe famous drops the bomb on him. Even so, isn’t she right? Just this one time?

Yet even as the balance begins to shift, the old guard is still yapping in the foreground. Shortly before McCain sat for this interview, Samuel Wurzelbacher, aka Joe the Plumber, gave an interview to Christianity Today in which he complained about “queers” and declared, “I wouldn’t have them anywhere near my children.” Unprompted, McCain rails against the man her father’s presidential campaign touted as an American everyman and made a showpiece in the weeks before the election. “Joe the Plumber — you can quote me — is a dumbass. He should stick to plumbing.”

If you missed his full interview with Christianity Today in May, you’ll find it here. Seriously: Gay adoption is practically mainstream these days and presumably welcome by conservatives as an alternative to abortion — and yet JTP thinks gays are uniformly unfit to be around children? That’s not dumbass? Since anything MMc says is deemed RINO until proven otherwise, let’s approach the question from a different angle: Do you think Sarahcuda, goddess of True Conservatism, is closer to the McCain or Wurzelbacher position on this one? I’d guess the former. Tell me why I’m wrong.

Exit question I’m going to regret: Er, why exactly do so many of you guys seem to loathe Meggie Mac, who’s pro-life, pro-gun, Christian, and hawkish, while you tolerate an atheist who’s squishy on abortion like me? Is it because she spends most of her time bashing the GOP on gay marriage instead of rubbing The One’s face in crap? I’m puzzled.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 7

I don’t know.. could we have the atheism one? Please!

upinak on July 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Well, he is a dumbass.

And she’s still a twit.

Typhoon on July 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Megs is Obama’s daughter? Who knew?

Oldnuke on July 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I do not believe that Megan is any of those things, really.

But I believe you, Allah, are exactly who you represent yourself to be and I can totally respect that. Plus, you’re sort of funny and that goes a long way.

myrenovations on July 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Is that your classy GF AP?

FontanaConservative on July 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Maybe Meghan’s opinions don’t seem weighty enough?

dedalus on July 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

i’m all for atheism.

SHARPTOOTH on July 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Meghan needs to be balled gagged, blindfolded and tossed to the side of a dusty rural road, spent and fulfilled….just sayin’!

dmann on July 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I love you, Allah, and Meghan McCain. And Palin.

There is plenty of love to share (although I’ll try and keep most of my hippiness on the down low, yo).

Abby Adams on July 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Who says I tolerate you either?

Fletch54 on July 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I’d rather have an atheism post.

Enoxo on July 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM

A dumbass calling someone else a dumbass.

How very liberal…

Fuzzlenutter on July 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I’m puzzled.

You make me laugh and she’s a big dummy.

LibTired on July 16, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Megan McCain only talks about her conservative credentials when she’s forced to remind people she’s a Republican. Otherwise the “even Republicans say [fill in sterotype about Republicans or bashing of conservative policy here]” game doesn’t work.

You’re more honest than that.

toetotoetotoe on July 16, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Exit Answer: She is inconsistent. “Joe” was good enough to stand on stage with when “Joe” was helping her Dad.

Today he’s a dumbass.

Maybe he is, for hitching his wagon to so many backstabbers?

Hog Wild on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Not related to the topic, but I just got Zogby polled and they asked me the normal Obama/economy/foreign policy questions.

The odd thing was, they asked several questions about putting chips in my brain for health, knowledge and entertainment.

It was disconcerting.

myrenovations on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

“Joe the Plumber — you can quote me — is a dumbass.”

She is a pig. You can quote me on that.

And Joe knew the idiot messiah better than most people.

progressoverpeace on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Because you are funny. Humor cures a lot of ills.

Cindy Munford on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Ap just dropped a jdam

let chaos ensue

go.

blatantblue on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Why do we keep talking about this tramp Meghan McCain? Republicans and the GOP could go far not mentioning her name again. Hot Air too….

IntheNet on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Yep. That, and she seems to rail against the party she claims to support only because of the gay marriage issue, but says little else in terms of health care, the economy, etc. She wants to show so badly that she is all for the gays, because she would be a hateful bigot if she weren’t.

YoungAmerican on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Jtp being sent to Israel was awful

blatantblue on July 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Exit question I’m going to regret…

You can be amusing and thought-provoking.

Her…not so much.

tru2tx on July 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Meghan Mc Cain has the intellect of every other spoiled, born with a silver spoon in her mouth, rotten female.

Jeff from WI on July 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Megs is Obama’s daughter? Who knew?

Oldnuke on July 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM

touché.

DaveS on July 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Ah, yes: when she wasn’t picking fights with Coulter, Rush, Ingraham, et.al. to prove how cool she is, she was making brilliant arguments for the need for free market economics in these trying times. How’d that one Tweet go? “Ew, guys, Milton Friedman is crazy short! But it’s cute! How can you be a H8-er? Vegas, baby!”

Next Tweet: “Oh? He’s dead already? Ppl, that’s crazy! Well, he must’ve worn six-inch heels in his day like me! VEGAS!!!!”

Pasalubong on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Yeah, the Meghan hate is really creepy and bizarre.

DaveS on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Size 10 strikes again.

bbhack on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

squishy on abortion like me

Hmmmmmmmmm. Rather Freudian of you, eh allah?

Aborted babies are indeed rather “squishy”.

bloggless on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

JTP was useful because he objected to Obama’s tax hikes. Nobody looked to JTP as a moral leader.

I can’t speak for all, but you, AP, work for a living – you are not just running around capitalizing on your daddy’s name (unless your daddy is Allah, Mohammed). And Meghan out to be smart enough to know that, unlike Liz Cheney, the pub she gets from the media is only because she is a carnival freak-show who OPPOSES Maverick’s positions, or his party’s positions, not because MSNBC, say, really respects her thinking on a position.

ChrisB on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Gee, it’s been what, over a month since the last MegMac thread?

Somebody is slipping. :-)

But, I agree…Wurzelbacher is an ass..and that “queer” remark seals it. His popularity around Northwest Ohio has declined tremendously. One trick ponies tend to do that.

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Put Meggie in a burkha: no one cares.
Put Meggie in a tightywhitey tee? Faptastic!

Honestly, who really listen to this ditz?

TC@LeatherPenguin on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

She’s a dope.

bloggless on July 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

On a thread yesterday the topic was “tiers”. I think that anyone who comments, after this comment of course, on Megan MaCain threads should go to the very bottom tier for at least a year.

Joe Bloggs on July 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Seriously: Gay adoption is practically mainstream these days

So? Most American voters elected The Precedent and he’s running this nation into the ground. I don’t get your point, allah. If someone doesn’t like homosexuality, or doesn’t accept it as “normal” then he’s a dumbass?

That’s nuts.

progressoverpeace on July 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM

You are more respectable to me. Meghan is only an attention wh***

FontanaConservative on July 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM

She is embarrassing. She is simply a spoiled rich girl who yearns for fame. She will sell out the GOP and her Dad to get it.

The only difference between her and Paris is a videotape.

Rightwingsparkle on July 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM

a “Dumbass” ?? That’s patronizing and pointless and offensive

Joe’s crude; he’s not a Wordsmith and not a Proper Gentleman. He thinks in simplistic terms and speaks plainly, without hesitating to consider the long-term ramifications of his Lack of Etiquette

He’s not the poster boy for conservatism or a model for anyone. He wasn’t chosen for his word-play but for a single comment in response to the Demo candidate strolling onto his front yard.

Above all, he has the Right to Be Left Alone, so MegMc and the media in general need to STFU

Janos Hunyadi on July 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Whether or not Joe the Plumber is a dumb ass is irrelevant.

The fact is, Obama came to his neighborhood to talk to the people, and Joe asked him a question. Obama answered with an answer he shouldn’t have. And for that, Joe was pilloried.

That can happen to you, me, or any peon who inadvertently causes Obama to reveal himself.

Meaghan McCain is pathetic.

Alana on July 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

What I hate, is it was never about Joe the Plumber himself…it was about the answer Obama gave.
Anyway, they’re both stupid. End of discussion.

Emily M. on July 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Sarah: dumbass. This article got it right, regardless of the author’s motive:

Joe: dumbass, homophobic insults.

Meggo: dumbass. Did anyone see her on Maher? She made fools of us all.

treyevans on July 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I wasn’t aware she was a Christian. She must be hiding that fact.

Rose on July 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

You have to ask?

1. All she’s known for is bashing the GOP and being John McCain’s offspring. But mostly bashing the GOP.
2. She’s a young bimbo who has yet to write or say anything suggesting above average intellect or analytical ability.
3. She’s an unabashed attention whore famous for being famous.
4. She voted for Kerry and only became a Republican when Daddy won the nomination, yet feels worthy of telling the GOP what’s what.
5. She’s a member of the naive, self-serving “If only Republicans would be just like me, they’d be better off” club.
6. Every paragraph she’s ever uttered contains approximatly 2,406 uses of the word “I”.

Hollowpoint on July 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I’m sorry but anybody who adopts their child to a homosexual is a moron.

That’s practically synonymous with adopting your child to a pedophile.

It should definitely be illegal.

MaximusConfessor on July 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM

As for JTP, here’s a guy, strictly by happenstance, that is thrown into the vortex of national politics. He had his personal information invaded and spread all over the world by a state government official acting as a Democrat hack. Then he is put on this ridiculous pedestal because he had the guts to say things the candidate wouldn’t. I think as time went on he took on situations he wasn’t equipped to handle that well. All in all I think Ms. McCain could extend some sympathy or empathy to someone who said things better left unsaid. The problem is, if she stood up for him, she would no longer be in demand. And she knows it.

Cindy Munford on July 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Like we used to say in 8th grade—Takes one to know one!

Herb on July 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM

….she’s an idiot and a RINO, just like her idiot RINO father!

Her father ran against a blantantly Anti-American/Pro-Jihadi/Anti-White/Anti-Semitic Racist Leftist Democratic Traitor Marxist-Muslim who practices “Taqiyah”, and he still couldn’t close the deal!

She’s more of the same….

Dale in Atlanta on July 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Meggie Mac, who’s pro-life, pro-gun, Christian, and hawkish,

Good lordy, Love is blind.

katy on July 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Anyone who gets schooled by Paul Begala is done, STFU and get out of the limelight, you clearly can’t handle it.

while you tolerate an atheist who’s squishy on abortion like me?

Tolerating you and agreeing with you are totally independent. Ah, AP, he can’t help it he’s beta…

LastRick on July 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Meghan is intellectually lazy, sort of like Bill O’Reilly, but without the garish charisma. You have intellectual vigor, AP.

JKahn913 on July 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM

When you make the gay pride parades, Halloween parades,and perezhilton your public face, don’t complain when middle America doesn’t want their kids around “queers.”

Blake on July 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Meghan is so fat, if she buys a fur coat, a species will be extinct

redrock on July 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

She should know a dumb ass when she sees one…big ass dumb blonde staring back in mirror every morning.

jwp1964 on July 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Isn’t this story a rerun? Come on AP, we know you have a thing for Megan, but that doesn’t mean you have to be lazy about the stories you post.

mizflame98 on July 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Megs is Obama’s daughter? Who knew?

Oldnuke on July 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Explains Everything

BigMike252 on July 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I”m not sure what this twit’s game is but she’s getting mighty irritating and tiresome.

rplat on July 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Is this how someone struggles for relevance?

Is she like other “famous” daughters like Kardashian, and Hilton? In other words, irrelevant….

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Maybe if we all pretended that Joe didn’t precisely reflect the same reactions most American parents would have about flamboyant homosexuals parading in front of their children then McCain could be right.

Maybe if we pretended that Joe’s strong reaction to that notion had nothing to do with the ongoing campaign to erode normality itself Meghan might be on to something.

But it’s probably safer to just stick to reality and continue ignoring Meghan McCain for the clueless twit that she is.

Khorum on July 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Meghan McCain calling anyone a “dumbass” is like Obama criticizing someone’s bowling skills.

And that she feels she actually has the gravitas to say “and you can quote me on that” only makes it worse.

Hollowpoint on July 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Could we PLEASE stop quoting this dumb women? She is no more a Republican than I am a rabbit! She really makes me sick and I certainly do not like all the attention that HOT AIR is giving her. Enough already!

Conservative Lady on July 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Because AP is cute and Megs isn’t.

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Exit Question:

I see meghan as a complete fraud. I don’t believe her blogging or tweeting or use of her celebrity is derived from a sincere concern about freedom and liberty.

I’ve said this before but she wears conservatism like a mini-skirt.

She’s basically Paris Hilton: shallow and narcissistic.

hisfrogness on July 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Because her father is a senator and ran a lousy campaign for president we should listen to her ‘ideas’ about how to rebuild the party? She’s the ultimate, bad stereotype of a Republican – someone who grew up in privilege and never had to work for anything in her life.

And yes, she’s more interested in remaking (tearing down) the party in her own image than in tearing down the folks who are literally tearing down the country.

ProfessorMiao on July 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I think that the difference is you don’t think your every observation is a revelatory pearl of wisdom, despite your being underinformed and of middling intellect. I’m just guessing, though.

Dan Collins on July 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Meghan McCain being widely listened to about politics is proof there is no God.

exception on July 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I have huge issues with gay adoption. Children should be raised in a home with a man and a woman. Megan McCain is just trying to have a purpose for her useless life. She said she voted for Kerry. For the rest of her life, she has lost any right to tell me anything about anything.

TXMomof3 on July 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Rest assured, I hate you much more than I hate Meggie Mac.

Khorum on July 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I fail to see how you can worship Meghan McCain and call yourself an atheist.

Ronnie on July 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Seriously: Gay adoption is practically mainstream these days and presumably welcome by conservatives as an alternative to abortion…

*cough*

Haven’t seen much of that approval by conservatives in the comments here, that’s for sure.

And remember, it wasn’t John McCain who made JTP famous, it really was Obama.

I figured when the election was over, the McCain-bashing would at least finally end. But y’all found another McCain to do that to. Meghan might not be correct on a few issues, but on Joe, she’s spot on. Sorry to say.

JetBoy on July 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Umm, wasn’t that precisely what he was trying to do in the first place, when the fiery hordes of liberal ROUSs came down upon his head (and into his private records BTW) for daring to ask Obama exactly how he could continue to do that affordably?

inviolet on July 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Allah, you really don’t understand your commenters (or conservatives, in general) at all.

The real question is, why are you posting this cr@p and have not yet seen fit to make a headline thread about the military backing down and revoking the deployment orders for Major Cook just before the court hearing?

It’s getting to be way too late, already, but could you at least answer why. MegaMac, the pig, calls someone a dumbass. Oh that’s news. The military blinks and revokes deployment orders so that The Precedent doesn’t have to prove himself in court. No news. That is pathetic.

progressoverpeace on July 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Allah, you are not fooling anybody.

We all know you love nothing more than Meggy Mac posts.

Joe Caps on July 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM

What I mean is, that experience just might turn me into an activist too.

inviolet on July 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Allah, she’s uneducated. It’s not about her “hawkishness”, it’s about the fact that she knows nothing about anything else going on besides gay issues. She has admitted several times to “not getting” the economy. Someone with her resources should know at least the basics on every political subject. She’s not going to truly be a spokesperson for the GOP, because she’s not going to like the nomination in 2012, almost guaranteed (even if it’s not Huckabee, as she states in the video). She’s only here for fun and to make waves and publicity for her book. I know you think it’s cute, but you make lame excuses for her.

I_C on July 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Does it sound campy to say I love gay men?” says Meghan in typical fag-hag fashion, since this is the only way she has of getting affection from men.

Maybe, AP can get lucky if he “comes out of the closet” to her? He can tell her he needs to have sex with a female one more time to make sure he’s gay or something.

I think she would believe that. :)

Blake on July 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Keeping children near queers is like stopping to a cat on a highway. At first you feel humanitarian, then you get hit by a semitrailer.

Aristotle on July 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Re the exit question:
(1) She’s not pro-life,
(2) She’s annoyingly self-righteous,
(3) She’s a dumb-ass.

I concur though that JTP also sounds like a dumbass.

Gaunilon on July 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

What’s the difference between Meghan and Paris??

One’s a superficial bimbo and the other’s dad never got into politics.

BigWyo on July 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Cindy Munford on July 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Well said. I had sort of these ideas bouncing around in my head but couldn’t get them to gel.

ProfessorMiao on July 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Oh, and about 150 pounds…

BigWyo on July 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Her dad is the one responsible for making Joe the Plumber a gimmick.

Speedwagon82 on July 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM

mizflame98 on July 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Going from Headlines to a main post is okay.
The reverse is not true. Then it’s a repots, and shouldn’t have been done.

Abby Adams on July 16, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I don’t like her because she hasn’t done anything to learn anything but spouts off as if she is some experienced Republican. She isn’t loyal…but the very very very worst thing she has done (according to this Palinista) is she dissed Sarah Plain who saved her father from the humiliating fate Walter Mondale suffered!

CCRWM on July 16, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Take your own advice, Meghan. Stick to…… well, whatever you can do. Shopping, maybe.

Vashta.Nerada on July 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM

It like with Huckabee: It’s not how wrong she is on some issues but how obnoxiously wrong she is on them. She hasn’t an ounce of humility when she has very little yet to be proud of.

frankj on July 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Meghan should stick to art history, or whatever the heck she studied. She reminds me of Carolyn Kennedy…being born into it is not an automatic qualifier. You are useful to us, AP. You bring us information at the speed of light, you make us laugh, and you make us think. Usually, for me, it’s laughter – in a good way.

redwhiteblue on July 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Rest assured, I hate you much more than I hate Meggie Mac.

Khorum on July 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Wow. Just wow.

LastRick on July 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM

When it comes to dumbasses, the GOP cup runneth over.

benny shakar on July 16, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Oh, and it was dumb for McCain to highlight JTP so much. Also didn’t JTP insult McCain after the election but give Palin kudos? Could be bad blood between Ms Mac and JTP…

CCRWM on July 16, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Show me the stats to back it up. Otherwise, I conclude that you are just metaphorically masturbating over your dream date.

Fletch54 on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Vashta.Nerada on July 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I hear she’s a very accomplished donut shopper.

Hollowpoint on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

progressoverpeace on July 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM

That is a big story and even more twisted when a retired two-star general and an active reserve Air Force lieutenant general have now joined the case.
Still, no breaking news.

tru2tx on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

We just tolerate you, AP. Well, that and the Dude posts, and the readily available beta male jokes.

Vashta.Nerada on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

People that live a deviant, un-natural lifestyle should not be allowed to adopt or parent children. Neither Megan McCain or her father are Republicans. Do us all a favor, and move to the party that embraces YOUR morals and values. Quit trying to change mine.

kellie71 on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

It’s not what MM says or that she’s mostly conservative, it’s how she says it and her inflated opinion of her opinions. She comes marches across blogdom stridently stating her opinions as if they were the last word and using words like ‘dumbass’ for anyone who doesn’t agree with her on the subject of gays—actually anyone who doesn’t agree with her period. She’s a know-it-all twenty something who needs to mature some and keep her mouth in check until she does. Having said that though, I think that she’ll be OK when she grows up?

jeanie on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

CarolynCaroline Kennedy.

redwhiteblue on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Your presumptions are unfounded. “Practically mainstream” is exactly the same description for Obama as well and we know how screwed up that concept is. Gay adoption versus abortion is a strawman argument anyway.

Which atheist are you referring to? I thought this was about JTP?

Guardian on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

presumably welcome by conservatives as an alternative to abortion

“It’s better than death!” My, what a compelling argument for calling something welcomed. No doubt you would welcome a hot poker up the ass … as an alternative to being hit by a bus, of course, and heaven forbid you be called a dumbass for speaking out against the pro-hot-poker crowd.

Ronnie on July 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I think you’ve got it, we like you because you don’t bash your own team and make us look foolish.

But why not just type out your own thoughts intead of stirring up stupidity over what Jane The Celebrity says, other than blog traffic bonanza of course?

Greenhelmet on July 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM