Obama begs Senate: We must pass my disastrous health care bill ASAP

posted at 9:06 pm on July 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

I don’t blame him. The longer this drags out, the more time they’ll have to actually read the bill. Witness the fierce urgency of fiscal catastrophe:

After another intense day of closed-door negotiations, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.), ranking member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and other senators emerged from a meeting Thursday to admit they had not reached the finish line.

“We’re ready when we’re ready but we’re not going to be ready today,” Baucus told reporters. “We’re very close to reaching agreement. By close, I mean it’s a matter of couple, three or four days, maybe.”

That may not be close enough for Obama, who has repeatedly said he wants both the House and Senate to approve their respective versions of healthcare reform before Congress departs for its August recess…

Following the White House gathering, the urgency of Baucus’s work appeared to intensify. But in announcing the senators had not made a deal, Baucus also said they would not meet again until next week…

“It takes time and that’s what I expressed to the president today, that I hope we can have flexibility on the timeframe so that we can make the best decisions possible on this monumental challenge,” [Olympia] Snowe said. “Well, I don’t know that he necessarily agreed.”

In fact, Snowe said, the Senate should wait until after the August recess to give senators time to review the combined Finance and HELP committee package and get feedback from constituents.

Everyone’s a bit jaded about The One’s modus operandi by now but it’s worth stepping back to drink this in. We’re talking here about his signature policy issue, the most significant domestic legislation that Congress has considered in decades, and rather than take his time and be meticulous about it, Obama’s trying to ram it through as quickly as he can for reasons of either ego or pure political expediency. That “pass something, anything!” approach could be understood (if not forgiven) in the case of the stimulus recovery “stabilization” bill, since the whole point was to start pushing money out the door as quickly as possible — which didn’t happen, natch. But what’s the excuse this time? What pressing policy consideration demands that this turd be pinched off before August instead of letting Congress take its time? Any lefties want to help me out?

So confident is The One in the success of his program that he’s desperately seeking another “bipartisan” fig leaf a la the Snowe/Specter/Collins votes for the stimulus to share blame when everything goes wrong. Exit question via Ace: How long will it be before Obama starts insisting that he never said universal health care would save money in the long run?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Just like it was urgent to pass the stimulus bill with “recovery” in the name whose website is “recovery.gov” which was never actually intended to have too much of an impact. But we still put trillions into that hole. History repeats itself. We’re already an eighth through, how bad can the rest of it be?

Don’t answer. Please. I DON’T WANNA KNOW!

OneGyT on July 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Hussein must still have “friends” to pay off!

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

christene on July 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM

This guy could very well be the worst president this country has ever seen.

capitalist piglet on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Sigmund–nice analysis. that’s deep, but I think he’s just trying to slip Congress a mickey so he can get into their panties, get what he wants, and get out ‘fore they wake up.

anyone disagree?

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

If they pass this health care bill. It’s on.

daesleeper on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Yes, I’m terrified. It’s awful having the WH and both houses of Congress. If only I were a part of the party of Denny Hastert.

dcwvu on July 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM

OOOHhhh you’re so mean! If only I were a member of the party of:
Frank – guy who lets gay boyfriend run call ring outta his house
Dodd – cheats on his mortgage
Murtha – more ethics investigations than he handle
Spitzer – call girl patronizer
Pelosi – dumber than a box ‘O rocks, won’t employ unions on her vineyards or in her restaurant
Kilpatrick – corrupt mayor
Daley – ditto
Dollar Bill Jefferson – nuff said
Ted Kennedy – murderer
Bill Clinton – serial adulterer
Dianne Feinstein – Accepts 100′s of millions of dollars from defense contracts for her hubby’s businesses
Barack Obama – cheats on mortgage, lies about affiliations, sits in a racist church for 20 yrs., raised by Commies, mentors are Commies (Frank Marshall Davis, Bill Ayers), pretends he’s a centrist, admits he’s a Socialist, etc.

Yes, two can play this game…and I’m not even a Republican!

JAM on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

This guy could very well be is the worst president this country has ever seen.

capitalist piglet on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM

This is the political equivalent of date rape. Hurry up–slip her something, before she wakes up–just get it done and move on. We’ve gotta do it NOW…!

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

ObamaDave begs Senate: We must pass my disastrous health care bill get this hideous fraud of a POTUS out of office ASAP, or the America we were all born and raised in is finished.

There, FIFY.

Dave R. on July 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Zombie Reagan, please save us.
If this crap gets passed, I’m seriously going to flip out.

hippie_chucker on July 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM

My guess is congress doesn’t get it done. They actually read it during recess and then Obama looks dumb as the flaws in the program are dribbled out.

dedalus on July 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM

WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Well, Obama has hired a couple dozen czars… ;-)

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM

If they pass this health care bill. It’s on.

daesleeper on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Hang on a sec now. They still have the Crap and Tax thing hanging over our heads too.

BigWyo on July 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM

You know this guy is starting to get on my nerves. Something is just not right about it all. It is not the usual Democrat trying to pass entitlement program…no, there is something manic about all this.

Terrye on July 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Somebody needs to call Eliot Ness.

Murphy9 on July 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Mostly reformed, but I’ll try to help you out. It’s not a policy consideration it’s the tenuous grasp on power, they know their time is fleeting. And there is so much to do still… card check, massive immigration inclusion, cap & trade isn’t done, the attack on the 2nd amendment hasn’t started, etc.

Look it doesn’t matter if they win in 2010 or if he gets re-elected, if these programs pass our country is changed forever. It’s like the department of education, why didn’t Reagan ever get rid of that behemoth? Could we ever get rid of it now? That bureaucratic entrenchment has forever changed our lives – ask Bill Ayers.

It’s about cementing power for the long term and the grab must happen ASAP or the minions in the House & Senate may actually think about themselves and their re-election.

batterup on July 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM

AllahPundit, with all due respect, if you think Obama is trying to ram this boondoggle through because of his “ego”… This is a straight up “do it fast so the media can cover juuuuuust long enough to bamboozle America” play. Even to call this “political expediency’ is too kind. This guy is a profoundly dishonest radical idealogue who will say and do ANYTHING to advance his Socialist agenda. Don’t sugar coat his actions because he’s President, because frankly he’s just a dishonorable salesman pressuring the buyer into signing for a LEMON. As such, he doesn’t deserve our respect.

marklmail on July 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Slowly but surly the USA figures out what is the meaning of shuck and jive.

tarpon on July 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

From my log…..

Sigmund on July 16,2009 at 9:59PM.

Sigmund: I watched a documantary last night on You-Tube,
titled, Inside the Mind of Hitler.

And,I`m struck,by how much it reminds me,of
Barrack Obama!:)

canopfor on July 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Well, Obama has hired a couple dozen czars… ;-)

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Hum, czar or construction worker. Which am I more qualified for?

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Share blame—hell nawww. They avoid blame up there in the White House.

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM

This isn’t going to pass. It would have – if Bambi hadn’t done the stimulus bill that put us so deep in the red.

So bad news is … stimulus may bankrupt us – but because of it – we won’t get the Health Care abomination.

That’s my prediction anyway. We may get something real watered down – but I doubt it. More likely this will be the last battle – the GOP will be blamed for it’s failure – and the Dems will hunker down and make like capitalists until the elections are over next year.

HondaV65 on July 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM

When the economy collapses
and it will i am afraid..

When this happens both obama
and the democraps know
americans will pour into the streets
And they will be hunting for politicians
To Hang from the highest tree.

And this isnt figurative..
People are Pissed off at ALL politicans
on both sides..

So obama and the democrats are trying to pass laws
to make it impossible for americans to fix it.

This is insane

veteranoutrage on July 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I watched a documantary last night on You-Tube,
titled, Inside the Mind of Hitler.

And,I`m struck,by how much it reminds me,of
Barrack Obama!:)

canopfor on July 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

If it sounds like Karl Marx and acts like Benito Mussilini it is probably … … Barack Obama!

Joe Bloggs on July 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

An Aggie? Qualified for far better than construction worker…and have a handle on ethics, so the czar thingie is out…

Personal assistant to an old Coldwarrior out in Ohio?

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

And,I`m struck,by how much it reminds me,of
Barrack Obama!:)

canopfor on July 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

The way in which he segregated certain family members and pretended that parts of his life didn’t exist are enlightening also.

thomasaur on July 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Chris Tingly Matthews tonight was talking about VA & NJ gov. elections. Both are looking weak for Dems. Interesting interpretation from Matthews that this is a harbinger of a lame duck Prez. He has also said consistently Obama must pass Health Care by any means.

Put aside how crazy Matthews is, we know he is firmly in the One’s corner. Obama knows that he won’t be able to get this done as he knows unemployment is going to keep growing for a while. The more it grows the less political capital he has to spend on HC reform. His presidency is going to be written off without this, that is why he is so desperate.

msmveritas on July 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Personal assistant to an old Coldwarrior out in Ohio?

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

At this point, I’d move anywhere and do anything. Well, almost anything. :)

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I’m going to place a bet.

Given that only 7% of Porkulous is spent and 93% unspent right now. I submit to you that they will back up some of the health care cost, with a portion of the unspent Porkuluous funds…. just to get it to pass.

satisfies the porkulous challengers,
satisfies the healthcare pushers…
pisses all of us off

it’s win win win for white house

two birds, one stone. mark my words–they just might try it.

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I’ve seen some really clever trolling, and some rank amateurs, but you people are replying to one that isn’t even *trying*. Do you argue with your three year old? Your dog? Your toilet tank?

Have some pride, people! Make them earn it.

ral514 on July 16, 2009 at 10:13 PM

BigWyo on July 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Both are disastrous. Only one determines whether my parents will live out their full lives. That is tyranny and I will not live under tyranny.

daesleeper on July 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Hum,czar or construction worker.Which am I more qualified for?

txag92 on July 16,2009 at 10:08PM

txag92: If your from HilRods,It takes a village.Your
qualified!

If your from the `Community Organizing neighbour
hood,of Ayers and Obama.Your qualified!!

Or,sumpin like dat!!:)

canopfor on July 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Before any health care bill is voted on, I want this language front and center on the bill:

“In passing this bill, we the members of the House of Representatives and U.S. Senate agree to vacate all previously held personal health insurance coverage and only accept the coverage offered in the terms and provisions herein this pile of excrement we have crafted, but not read, for our fellow citizens and duped constituents.”

Deal?

fogw on July 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM

marklmail on July 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM

This is correct. They want to get it in place now. Once it’s law, it’ll take an act of congress *snicker* to get rid of it.

The longer it’s out there, the more people are going to know just how huge a turd it is. It’ll be just like the Stimu…wait, what is the term du jour…Stabilization $hit sandwich they jammed through 6 months ago. “WE NEED TO GET THIS PASSED RIGHT NOW OR WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!! Now that enough time has passed, you get the spin lies. Same thing here.

BigWyo on July 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM

If it passes it’s the Republic’s Waterloo. If we can defeat it, it’s Obama’s Waterloo.

marklmail on July 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM

It’s like a train wreck, you try to look away, but just… can’t.

Hog Wild on July 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Obama’s trying to ram it through as quickly as he can

Rammmmmming Speeeeeeed!!

cmsinaz on July 16, 2009 at 10:17 PM

marklmail on July 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM

good one–a tipping point.

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:18 PM

batterup

+100

MalindaH on July 16, 2009 at 10:18 PM

And,I`m struck,by how much it reminds me,of
Barrack Obama!:)

canopfor on July 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

From my log of my most recent, and perhaps my last before the regime sends me to the Gulag, psychoanalysis session with Barack Obama:

The Strange Case of Professor Obama and Mr Hussein is a real life drama playing out in the aftermath of the Presidential election of 2008. It is about the dilemma of the American citizen who sees strange dissonances between the new found Messiah, Professor Obama, and the misanthropic Mr. Hussein. It is a vivid portrayal of a split personality, split in the sense that within the same person there is both an apparently good and an evil personality each being quite distinct from the other. In mainstream culture the very phrase “Obama and Hussien” will come to mean a person who’s words are vastly different in moral character from his actions.

If no one hears from me for more than a couple of weeks, please try to find out which Gulag I have been sent to and send me a German Chocolate cake with a sturdy metal file baked into it…

Sigmund on July 16, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Lovely…

Rae on July 16, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Nothing could make that cretin look good. He could call for the army to bomb US cities, and people would still shrug and say “at least Dubya isn’t President anymore!”. GWB is a failure…like his failed one-term Poppy.

dcwvu on July 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Well you’re right about one thing. GWB was re-elected. Unlike your failed one term peanut head. But GWB does share the spotlight with the impeached Bill Clinton who did bomb US cities… or at least drove tanks into houses full of children and you applauded all the way.

Skywise on July 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM

for reasons of either ego or pure political expediency.

All of the above.
Bottom line,,, he doesn’t care about congress. They are expendable in his mind, just as we are. As long as he gets what he wants, what does he care.
How long before he appoints his own House/Senate Czars and just ignores congress all together?

JellyToast on July 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Unlike Bush, who lost –then regained a significant amount of political capital. I do not foresee Obama regaining political capital after the 6 months that we’ve been through with this stimulus, TARP, hurry up offense plan. I know presidencies are defined by events, but does anyone see the likelihood that he will regain our trust (if he ever had it) following this 6month escapade?

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I am late to the party, but it would seem dcwvu is the
turd that needs to be pinched off.

Cornhusker on July 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM

The very fact that this economics takeover is rammed through is enough proof of its danger. We’re f’d. Savage rips Obama as being a “stealth dictator.” (audio)

V15J on July 16, 2009 at 10:23 PM

is it really too much to ask the R’s to buy some ads that say that Obama wants to cut Medicare.

Dr. payments will go down under his plan. Medicare Advantage will be gone. Transfers of healthcare from old people to the young.

I know, let’s have a headline in the background from the Singer article about Rationing.

I’m not an ad guy, but come on…throw everything you got at this. Hello?????

r keller on July 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Deal?

fogw on July 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Congressman Fleming (R-LA) has this bill on his website, I signed the petition and also sent a copy of it to my own congressman. So far, ZERO Democrats have sign Fleming’s bill, 47 GOP have signed.

TN Mom on July 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM

if this doesn’t pass I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a fire at the reichstag…..er congress……

right4life on July 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM

No, allah, it is not for ego and it is not for political expediency. He’s doing this for the reason that I have told you over and over and over again – he wants to destroy this nation and that is all he cares about doing. As I said before, once you realize that this is his basic motivation, then all of his moves will make perfect sense, as this one does. He is out to exact revenge. Period. He doesn’t care about anything else. He wants this nation in flames.

progressoverpeace on July 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Things are indeed getting bad at Treasury, where Geithner reigns supreme.

This is a legitimate contractor offer from the Department of Treasury.

“The Contractor shall conduct two, 3-hour, Humor in the Workplace programs that will discuss the power of humor in the workplace, the close relationship between humor and stress, and why humor is one of the most important ways that we communicate in business and office life. Participants shall experience demonstrations of cartoons being created on the spot. The contractor shall have the ability to create cartoons on the spot about BPD jobs. The presenter shall refrain from using any foul language during the presentation. This is a business environment and we need the presenter to address a business audience.”

A cool couple million should cover the basics…but seriously, folks, if Treasury needs to hire a contractor to tell people how to be humorous in the workplace…

txag92…might want to look into this.

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM

They could just show videos of Biden!!

Oh, and that would count as a job saved/created…

TN Mom on July 16, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Drudge is reporting budget is on unsustainable path.

Under current law, the federal budget is on an unsustainable path, because federal debt will continue to grow much faster than the economy over the long run.

JellyToast on July 16, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Republicans couldn’t get it right. That’s why they were defeated soundly in 2006 and 2008. As Bruno would say, the GOP is sooo 2004.

dcwvu on July 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Anyone who quotes Bruno does not deserve to be a commentor on HA.

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I suspect that dcwvu is a little like Bruno.

d_christie on July 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I think the rebound from the recession would have to be dramatic and that is just not likely.

From reading Keith Hennessey’s explanation of the process here, whether Baucus continues to hedge on a deal is very important. I got nervous today when he and Grassley made noise they were close to a deal. This says a lot that they are not going to meet again till next week despite Obama’s massive sense of urgency. They are all dragging their feet on this.

msmveritas on July 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM

The very fact that this economics takeover is rammed through is enough proof of its danger. Savage rips Obama as being a “stealth dictator.” (audio)

what’s so stealthy about him? It’s right out here in front of us. In plain sight.

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM

txag92…might want to look into this.

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I have too much integrity to have anything to do with this thugministration. But thanks.

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM

progressoverpeace on July 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM

By the man’s finger-nails, by his coat-sleeve, by his boots, by his trouser-knees, by the callosities of his forefinger and thumb, by his expression, by his shirt-cuff – By each of these things the man’s calling is plainly revealed. That all united should fail to enlighten Allahpundit in this matter is almost inconceivable.

semloh on July 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Yep, in plain sight…oooh, what’s that? Aww, a new puppy and the girls are wearing Peace Sign t-shirts…isn’t that cute. OK, what were we talkin’ ’bout?

That pretty much sums it up.

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Obama keeps challenging Republicans to come up with an alternative plan.

When will I hear a Republican say: “Our plan is to stop socialism in it’s tracks.”

When are the repub’s going to grow a set?

David2.0 on July 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM

OT Fox just showed video of a 700K party thrown for “stressed out” social security workers at the Waldorf Biltmore. Considering how business have been oestracized for extravegant trip this ought to be good (if its reported anywhere else)

HoustonRight on July 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM

msmveritas on July 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I heard a report that Obama was in NJ today doing a stump speech for Corzine. I’ll bet that Corzine will be asking Obama NOT to return after Labor Day because Obama will be hemorrhaging from unemployment figures by then.

BuckeyeSam on July 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM

…and pretended that parts of his life didn`t exist are
enlightening also.

thomasaur on July 16,2009 at 10:10PM.

thomasaur: And like Hitler,erasing his birthplace,er
village,so too,is Obama`s birthplace also a
mystery!!:)

canopfor on July 16, 2009 at 10:35 PM

JOBS are not on Obama’s agenda.

Transforming (mutating it into a Balkanized Third World Crapzone)America is.

profitsbeard on July 16, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Obama keeps challenging Republicans to come up with an alternative plan.

When are the repub’s going to grow a set?

David2.0 on July 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM

The GOP has some doctors who are in the House and Senate, and they’ve put something together that actually makes sense. The problem is that the media doesn’t chat it up. They should do an infomercial on Fox News because nothing they say gets any air time in the rest of the media.

BuckeyeSam on July 16, 2009 at 10:37 PM

AP, I love ya man!!! Question though, in light of this turd on rye that’s about to be served to us—can we please find a way to mix in The One’s picture body surfing with a caption of “Wipeout”??? For some reason, that picture makes me laugh out loud, as opposed to wanting to breakdown like a 4 year old longing for their blankie when I read other posts about this clown…. Thank you in advance my brother!!!

Delaware Vol on July 16, 2009 at 10:37 PM

sigmund; are you going for the Tier 1 rating or what?

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM

txag92…might want to look into this.

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Well you see, Mr Cold Warrior, for understanding humor they could just pick up some copies of “Alice in Wonderland”, they could probably get a few hundred used copies for less than $1,000 from Amazon, but the problem is that most of them would probably think it was a faltering real life drama about the Obama Administration and not understand it at all. Even worse a few might actually understand the novel and, well, the Obama Administration wouldn’t want that now would they?

Cheshire Cat on July 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Confirmation that liberals are total tools?

BuckeyeSam on July 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

He has to get it passed quick! Someone must be getting close to getting a look at that phony birth certificate or maybe Whorealdo is going to unlock the vault and find there is no birth certificate just an IOU and a ha ha fooled you dumbasses letter. Then Pinnochio will get his ass hauled out of the white house kicking and screaming…..

“I almost destroyed America, I almost redistributed the wealth, I almost lived up to my jihadi pledge. I almost, I almost, I almost, Oh God, Obiden is Presidente now. He could screw up a wet dream.”

dhunter on July 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM

That pretty much sums it up.

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I guess it is in plain sight—for those of us that are watching…for everyone else though… maybe not so

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM

HoustonRight on July 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I saw the original report last night. Where is the outrage? Also, I heard on Levin tonight that the AMA endorsed Obamacare….. WITHOUT READING THE DAMN BILL. What parallel universe are we living in?

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Obama better “beg” that when this all comes crashing down that we don’t come looking for him.

THE CHOSEN ONE on July 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM

semloh on July 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM

We’re trying .. and I think Allah is getting a very uncomfortable feeling that he knows we’re correct, since he can’t explain The Precedent’s insane moves. We haven’t changed our tune about The Precedent since the campaign, and with every America-killing action he takes it becomes more and more obvious. Allah will come around.

progressoverpeace on July 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM

“My mom used to try to make me eat turd sandwiches, but I don’t like bread…”

Olympia Snowe

Cornhusker on July 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM

If those senators have any sense at all they’ll put the brakes on this dolt because he has no idea in the world what he is doing. Disaster in the making!

rplat on July 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM

It’s fun to say that Obama is a dolt who doesn’t know what he is doing, but the sad fact is that he does pretty much know what he is doing.

Tav on July 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM

rplat on July 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM

He has a perfectly clear idea of what he is doing. Which makes him even more dangerous to the Republic.

coldwarrior on July 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Right now Obama is calling ACORN to get his old job back in 2012′.

THE CHOSEN ONE on July 16, 2009 at 10:55 PM

dcwvu on July 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM

You ought to be terrified. All this crap could be a party-killer.

ddrintn on July 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM

He’ll lie and say he never said that. Just like his admin said the stimulus bill was never meant to stimulate. The spin will be outrageous.

I am scared this is going to pass. Once this passes I don’t think there is any going back. This is really going to screw the economy too. It’s frustrating!

Brat4life on July 16, 2009 at 11:00 PM

The Kool-Aid drinkers are content to go down with the O-tannic while Congressional Dems rearrange the deck chairs chasing down the ghost-of-an-administration-past (Cheney) over an assassination program that 70% of the country definitly wants in place.

But I really do think that independents are realizing that the emperor has no clothes and, for purposes of the healthcare debate, they are beginning to see Obama as the little boy who cried “wolf.”

I wish the congressional GOP would quickly hit the airwaves with a more sensible and comprehensive alternative. Obama has walked out on a plank on this issue. I think they can saw it off behind him and blue dog Dems will be glad to run to a GOP solution that makes them look reasonable and prudent.

BuckeyeSam on July 16, 2009 at 11:00 PM

txag92 on July 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I can’t for the life of me figure out what the heck they think they are doing with this endorsement. I wonder if they know it has no chance in current form.

msmveritas on July 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Tav on July 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM

at least he knows what he is doing when it is on the TOTUS or when the puppetmasters of Rahmelrod have their hands pulling the strings. Without those two things—sure, he knows what he is doing.

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Quick, before someone reads it!

RAMMING SPEED!!

commenter on July 16, 2009 at 11:03 PM

BuckeyeSam on July 16, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I think they are waiting until there is something definite to fight. I don’t disagree though, getting out in front of it would be a smart move. Paul Ryan has in his plan a way to make Medicare solvent, it could be his Newt moment to get out there and talk common sense. They are going to have to pay for airtime though and get moving.

msmveritas on July 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM

“I almost destroyed America, I almost redistributed the wealth, I almost lived up to my jihadi pledge. I almost, I almost, I almost”

dhunter on July 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM

His Godfather, Jeremiah Wright, would be very disappointed in him. To have come all that way only to miss his destiny by the detective work of … … … Chief Inspector Jacques Whorealdo.

Cheshire Cat on July 16, 2009 at 11:06 PM

This guy could very well be the worst president this country has ever seen.

capitalist piglet on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Not even the worst loonies – like FDR or Carter – did anywhere as much damage in their entire presidential careers as this two-faced halfrican moonbat has done in all of six frakking months.

After watching him, Sotomyer, a few others, I will probably never again vouch for a minority candidate in anything above state governorship, unless he/she is a seriously better alternative. Affirmative action has turned out to be an absolute disaster, more than one HA poster has made a very good case that woman’s suffrage wasn’t such a bright idea after all. In the pursuit of equity and fairness, we are quite literally destroying ourselves.

Dark-Star on July 16, 2009 at 11:08 PM

ted c on July 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM

See The Outer Limits 1963 TV episode, “The Hundred Days of the Dragon”.

Joe Bloggs on July 16, 2009 at 11:12 PM

President Obama knows that senators and congressmen are going to get an earful from their constituents during the recess. I wonder if Congress will have a different attitude after mixing with us riff-raff for a couple of days. I hear that a lot of members are ducking out on town hall forums and other appearances.

I hope they are all scared. They should be scared of us. We should keep them worried.

The more I learn about this terrible piece of legislation the more it sounds like Kentucky’s health care laws. We cannot purchase health insurance from out-of-state providers. The Commonwealth has a long list of required coverage that has turned insurance policies upside down to where they cover routine visits but fail on catastrophic coverage. Our policies cost a bloody fortune because of over-regulation (my employer and I shelled out a total of almost $14,000 for insurance for my family in 2008). All of our doctor’s office visits were covered, but when I had to have surgery last year I got left holding a hefty “out-of-pocket” bill.

It’s stupid.

Reform should destroy HMO’s. It should keep states from harnessing their citizens and businesses from purchasing insurance from whichever company they choose. If young and healthy person opts for minimum coverage, then that should be their business. No one has that option.

I think that there are only two insurance providers in Kentucky these days. Actually, there may be three because the Commonwealth also has a health insurance plan.

As an individual, I hate being tied to a group. Because I’m relatively healthy and so are my wife and kids, I feel like I subsidize the smokers, the health freaks (always injured), and the generally lazy and unhealthy people who are tied to me on my plan.

It’s scary to think how bad it will be when I’m subsidizing Democrats and liberals with socialized medicine.

Ampleforth on July 16, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Tav on July 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Yes, that could be the case; a hard core Marxist bound and determined to destroy the Republic but telling the people he’s doing something entirely different . . . indeed that could be true.

rplat on July 16, 2009 at 11:16 PM

This guy could very well be the worst president this country has ever seen.

capitalist piglet on July 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

He’s already – in six months – the most dishonest. And that took some doing.

Jaibones on July 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Jeez, I picked the wrong week to stop drinking, smoking pot, inhaling glue, snorting coke and huffing gasoline.

Maybe I should go get me some open heart surgery done now while I can. I am pretty sure I might need it someday and as a 53 year old Republican I will never get it once Obammycare passes.

Maybe I will just have them check out my liver, lungs, nasal passages and kidneys while they are in there.

I can’t pay but what the hell people are gittin free houses, cars and gas from Obammy if he don’t help me I can file bankrupt and live off’n the goberment like his 52%!

Cash is King!

dhunter on July 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I’m not an ad guy, but come on…throw everything you got at this. Hello?????

r keller on July 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM

They are busy stabbing in the back of Gov.Palin.

promachus on July 16, 2009 at 11:25 PM

little barry is freaking out. No wonder he is trying to re-capture his campaign magic. I can only pray that this health care bullshit doesn’t get rahmed through, or we’ll finished. Call Olympia Snowe’s office, say you are from Maine ( get some random zip code off the internet) and swamp her office. She will cave. Act Now……Act like ACORN. FIGHT THIS BULLSHIT OR WE’RE DONE AS A NATION!!!!!

texaninfidel on July 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM

….that this turd be pinched off before August instead of letting Congress take its time?

The old “pinch off a loaf” dorm room cliche’ finally hits the mainstream.

I’m getting old.

rickyricardo on July 16, 2009 at 11:44 PM

From my log…

Sigmund on July 16,2009 at 10:20PM.

Sigmund: Thank-you for responding,I do like your analysis!:)

canopfor on July 16, 2009 at 11:44 PM