Obama: Hey, we’re going to keep losing jobs

posted at 4:30 pm on July 14, 2009 by Allahpundit

No worries. It’s only because unemployment lags behind recovery or “stabilization” or whatever sunny euphemism he’s using now to spin the nightmare. It’s probably just a quirk of my online reading habits but I’ve stumbled across more pessimism about the economy today than I’ve seen since the stimulus passed in February, which makes me wonder if public confidence in The One’s blueprint is starting to deteriorate in earnest. Start with Mort Zuckerman’s harrowing op-ed about how things are much worse than they seem, with the possibility of sustained unemployment at 11 percent ahead. Then read Politico’s description of the “widespread disdain” it found when it surveyed economists from across the spectrum about Obama’s growth projections. Proceed to Time magazine, normally a reliable cheering section for Barry O, where the stimulus is now being pronounced an early failure. And cap it off with new poll numbers from Gallup showing a six-point downward swing on whether the economy’s getting better in just one month. The good news for Obama is that the early rosy projections will be forgiven once things really do start to turn around. The bad news is that blowing $787 billion on a non-fix won’t be.

Incidentally, if you’re wondering where leftist spin is headed next, look no further than Robert Reich. Turns out we can’t blame Obama for failing to kickstart a recovery — because the economy will never recover.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Hope & Change

Let’s Hope we can Change presidents before this one destroys our country.

-Dave

Dave R. on July 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Hey Barack, how ’bout getting back to me when you lose YOUR job.

Because that’s the only news about you that I want to hear.

NoDonkey on July 14, 2009 at 10:28 PM

The minds that have said for 100 years that free enterprise and laissez faire does NOT work are hereby under f/stinking arrest. OK….. line up and shut up. We are a grand country; we have disrobes ourselves of our sins; we have said NO slavery is NOT good; we have said that we will NOT own or condone this horrific concept. Dear God, forgive us for the past sins….. We want to move ahead as a country. NONE of this shit but this stinking president wants to remind everyone of garbage. I’m sorry I’m so sick of this piece of shit and I invite anyone to argue the point. He is a manipulative, NON intellectual, dumb ass that thinks he can rule the world momentarily…. please dear world, don’t let him. He has no brains, he is completely irreverent and of NO sense. Jeremia Wright and his commie friends are the ones that are leading him (and us in turn) to our falling off the cliff of civilization and help and love for one another. He is a liar and a manipulator and Please do not continue to fall for his lies…..

highninside on July 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM

duh……….. fix the banks

workingforpigs on July 15, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I see the keen steady mind of Joe Biden in this economic plan
for more jobs.

Jeff from WI on July 15, 2009 at 5:04 AM

Hey Barack, how ’bout getting back to me when you lose YOUR job. Because that’s the only news about you that I want to hear.

NoDonkey on July 14, 2009 at 10:28 PM

now THAT’s CHANGE WE NEED

ted c on July 15, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Rush has made the case plainly. If Ogabe’s goal were economic recovery, he knows how to accomplish that. But that would not serve the purpose of punishing America for it’s past transgressions. He is also playing a hand at gaining control of the people through fear of the effects of a destroyed economy. I’ve said before that he is counting on fear to induce paralysis at the polls and convince people that he is the key to solving the very problems he created. This is risky and I hope to hell it fails. I think he is not giving enough weight to the anger quotient that will move people to action against him and his ilk.

SKYFOX on July 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Obama will blame Bush for job loss as long as the USA is losing jobs.

Hey, Obama! In your own words “You Won.”
Now fix the economy stupid!

SmallGovtGuy on July 15, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Obama is totally clueless. The fools of the media who call him a genius should be given prison sentences. Having gone to Harvard only makes him an educated fool.

bluegrass on July 15, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Obama: Hey, we’re going to keep losing jobs

What an absolutely dumb SOB...
Hey Barry, didn’t any of your czars tell you, that Keynesian Economics failed for FDR in the 30s. FACT: FDR used the same failed approach, and could NOT bring unemployment down under 14%.

byteshredder on July 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I agree with Obama’s assessment of continuing job loss, and that it will include his.

bayview on July 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM