Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?
posted at 9:00 am on July 12, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
It’s time for our weekly poll on the week’s best — or worst — amateurish stumble from President Obama. Feel free to peruse our archives to avoid misreading the choices, or else Joe Biden might rat you out. A little research, after all, will save you some embarrassing confusion. You might feel like running off to Alaska to hide, which you can do since Russia sold it to us out of desperation, which Obama thought was pretty danged funny, but not as funny as picking out a painting for the White House that literally raises indecision to the level of high art. It would make a funny story, and like the story of how Barack met Michelle, we can change it every week.
- Obama uses union and DNC plants at health-care town hall
- Obama plants a question on Iran with HuffPo
- Change in Iran coming because “Obviously, after the speech I made in Cairo…”
- Flashing his soles to the camera while talking to Netanyahu
- “If you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
- “We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”
- Siccing Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel on tax cheats
- Phony Churchill quote on torture throws Grandpa under the bus
- Torture probe flip-flop
- Obama covers up IHS while quoting Jesus
- Austrian is a language?
- Obama bows to the Saudi king
- 1908 Model T got better gas mileage than today’s SUVs
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at email@example.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!
Breaking on Hot Air