Rasmussen “passion index” down to -8

posted at 2:22 pm on July 9, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, we noted that the Rasmussen “passion index” dropped two points when their survey took place completely after June’s unemployment numbers.  Normally I would not revisit a rolling poll the very next day, but the survey has shown an even greater change than yesterday’s.  The difference between strongly approving and strongly disapproving of Barack Obama’s job performance slipped three points overnight, bringing it to -8 and showing an accelerating decline in Obama’s overall support:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 30% of the nation’s voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of –8. The President’s Approval Index rating has fallen six points since release of a disappointing jobs report last week (see trends).

Thirty-nine percent (39%) now give the President good or excellent marks for handling the economy while 43% say he is doing a poor job. Those are by far his lowest ratings yet on the economy …

Overall, 51% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President’s performance so far. Forty-eight percent (48%) now disapprove.

That’s now within the margin of error, showing a virtual dead heat on Obama for the first time ever.  The decline has been rapid since the July 2nd announcement of the unemployment numbers, as their graph shows:

If anyone wanted to know when Barack Obama began to own the recession, it seems to have been July 2nd, 2009.  Four months after getting almost $800 billion in “stimulus” funds, millions have lost their jobs, and Obama keeps piling up the debt.  The erosion can be seen in Obama’s approval numbers on the economy, where he has also sunk below 0 in the overall differential.

Scott Rasmussen says this is less about Obama personally and more an indication how his presidency rides on the economy:

However, the real message in these numbers has less to do with politics and more to do with the fact that this President’s fate will be determined by the economy. … So, when you’re thinking about the potential impact on the 2010 elections, the key question is what will the economy be like next year at this time. If the economy recovers, jobs are being created, and GM is doing well, the President’s numbers will be up. If the economy is still struggling, unemployment is high, and GM is seeking more bailout money, then the President and his party will have a difficult fall.

More and more, the numbers reflect the fact that people don’t believe that the economy will get better or that jobs will recover — and that pessimism directly conflicts with Obama’s promises of recovery.  If it doesn’t get better fast, people will conclude that Obama is an economic charlatan, and that will doom the Democrats in 2010.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Hey, I know I’m off topic, but I haven’t heard anything, is Ted Kennedy dead yet? I never thought he’d make it this long.

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Rasmussen “passion index” down to -8

How low can it go?

All the way to the bottom.

And they will, too.

Any other questions?

Mcguyver on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

ClassicCon on July 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I used to try to sneak a few inconvenient facts into some liberal havens under various internet names, attempting to provide good sources when called upon. For my troubles I was hit by, on a daily basis, everything from poorly-spelled gradeschool-level taunting to vicious threats and vulgar insults.

Trying to use facts and reason on liberals can roughly be compared to throwing water on a goose. About the most you end up accomplishing is to make the goose angry.

About the only left-leaning site I post on at all anymore is Reddit. That provides me with all the dumb@$$ery, insults and retarded logic I can stand right now.

Dark-Star on July 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Liberals and Democrats had better be carefull here, because Obama’s real numbers may be lower than what the polls say.

MarkTheGreat on July 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

You’re probably right. I can’t recall who said it, maybe it was Ann Coulter, but she said Americans answer poll questions like they’re taking a pop quiz. They’re afraid of giving the ‘wrong’ answer. With the media still kissing Obama’s ass every day, there are probably still a lot of people afraid of giving the wrong answer.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

No need to ask. It will be a week long made for TV special funeral.

Mcguyver on July 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I’ve been here since Day 1. You are extremely paranoid.

I want Obama gone as much as anyone else. I’m only hoping Rush or someone on “our” side doesn’t give the media anything to distract from what Obama’s disastrous policies. It’s the last thing we need right now.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Yeah, you’re right I am paranoid. I think. Wait a minute am I? Are you? Is Rush?

Please grubby the media will find distractions anywhere and anytime they can. Your idea that Rush should stifle himself is stupid.

/leaves for another paranoid ammo buying run because gorubby is after me

Brat on July 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM

No need to ask. It will be a week long made for TV special funeral.

Mcguyver on July 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I take that as a no. Darn it the summer is getting busier and my entire family was planning a going away party for him.

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Well, when Ed or Allahpundit devotes a discussion thread to who does/does not like Rush and why/why not, you can tell us all about it.

BigD on July 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Thanks for your permission, BigD.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Frum is okay sometimes. I do like McCain a lot and was happy to vote for him.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Frum is bad most of the time. I like McCain as a person but I had to hold my nose to vote for him for president. I don’t think that Obama could have beaten Fred Thompson.

duff65 on July 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM

lol did you think I was offended?

No beef here.

Joe Caps on July 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Thanks to our brilliant American healthcare, Sen. Kennedy can hang on much longer than anyone would have expected at diagnosis.

myrenovations on July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

If not I hope they are at least planning his memorial because it will have to top MJ’s.

Brat on July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Frum is okay sometimes. I do like McCain a lot and was happy to vote for him.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Go RBNY is Meghan McCain!

BigD on July 9, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Heh. Clear the buffet, RBNY is here!

McCain was a brilliant candidate to represent republican values except for Amnesty, Global Warming, Campaign Financing, and the fact that he cheered for obama’s win.

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Not yet.

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

lol did you think I was offended?

No beef here.

Joe Caps on July 9, 2009 at 3:39 P

myrenovations on July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Brat on July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

LOL…didn’t mean to start something. (Yes I did..lol)

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Agreed. Rush Limbaugh is due to say something extremely stupid any day now. Just the distraction Obama and the media need.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM

He can’t, as he’s on vacation.

Del Dolemonte on July 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM

A thread here, a poll to predict Teds death…a SURE way to get HA noted on MSM.

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM

A thread here, a poll to predict Teds death…a SURE way to get HA noted on MSM.

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM

He’s on what, his 3rd liver by now?

“hic”

wildcat84 on July 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Exit question:

When do the rats start abandoning ship?

faraway on July 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Are you kidding? They’ll do that at about the same time they start admitting Bush was right to liberate Iraq.

Del Dolemonte on July 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Frum is okay sometimes. I do like McCain a lot and was happy to vote for him.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

You may be a Republican, but you’re certainly not a conservative.

bw222 on July 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM

He’s on what, his 3rd liver by now?

“hic”

wildcat84 on July 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM

How do the Kennedys get by kidnapping kids from Indoneasia for the livers.

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Fixing that passion index is simplicity itself: make sure that the drones at the Labor Department who put out the unemployment numbers are severely beaten about the head and shoulders – voila!! – unemployment numbers for July drop to 7%.

Surprised it hasn’t happened already.

guntotinglibertarian on July 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

All depends what your meaning of “dead” is…

right2bright on July 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

LOL…didn’t mean to start something. (Yes I did..lol)
Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM

You done good. You effectively changed the ‘distraction’ on this thread from GRubby’s Rush to The Swimmer.

Brat on July 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM

ll depends what your meaning of “dead” is…

right2bright on July 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

good point

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Brat on July 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM

‘welcome

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Evil doesn’t die.

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Surprised it hasn’t happened already.

guntotinglibertarian on July 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Shhh..that’s Augusts trick

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Evil doesn’t die.

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM

That is very true

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Obama’s numbers will continue to decline because this ego trip will not admit he’s wrong and reverse his strategy on the economy or anything else for that matter.

I thought James Carville was about all the polls?

moonsbreath on July 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

How low can it go?

Not low enough.

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM

OK, well, did you guys even know about this poll?

It was VERY big news with the liberals.

Gallup did a poll AFTER she announced resignation.

70% of Republicans said they would vote for her.

How can any “conservative” site ignore this?

AnninCA on July 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM

As I recall this did make the HA headlines section. But it might be that AP and Ed are waiting for some more polling that shows the same results?

Del Dolemonte on July 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

That is very true

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM

There’s always some other person devoid of a conscience waiting in the wings.

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

James Manning is still giving Obama hell in this video. Wow!

JiangxiDad on July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Surprised it hasn’t happened already.
guntotinglibertarian on July 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Ogabe has already sent a C-5 Galaxy to Iran to fetch a few hundred Basiji for domestic security operations here in the United States.

Bishop on July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Evil doesn’t die.

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Mary Jo Kophechne is unavailable for comment.

wildcat84 on July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Incidentally, if Ted does go by way of fluid in his lungs, wouldn’t that be karmic?

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Mary Jo Kophechne is unavailable for comment.

wildcat84 on July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I don’t think Mary Jo will be seeing Ted, they’ll live in different places in the hear after.

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Karmic?…lol..I must be slow

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Mary Jo Kophechne is unavailable for comment.

wildcat84 on July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM

By all rights, yes.

But unfortunately, God is much more forgiving than Teddy was to her.

wildcat84 on July 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Karmic?…lol..I must be slow

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM

No. Ur not slow. :] Karmic is the adjective form of Karma.

I.e. If he drowns, then he got his Ephesians 6:8

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Hey, don’t blame Barry. He didn’t realize how bad the economy he inherited from Bush was. [/DU poster]

Physics Geek on July 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Physics Geek on July 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM

lol.

i wonder if those n00bs at DU will ever realize that BHO doesn’t really care about the prosperity of Americans.

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM

But unfortunately, God is much more forgiving than Teddy was to her.

wildcat84 on July 9, 2009

It wasn’t about forgiveness for Teddy. It was total lack of human compassion and the depths of drunken cowardice.

SKYFOX on July 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM

God I miss Deathtomediahacks.

This is the sort of thread that made him implode.

Chuck Schick on July 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I.e. If he drowns, then he got his Ephesians 6:8

bluelightbrigade on July 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM

learn somethin’ new every day

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I do like McCain a lot and was happy to vote for him.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Ahh… A Democratic primary voter!

faraway on July 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM

A naval officer like his brother, Capt. Ted Kennedy and his USS Oldsmobile submarine helped protect our shores,

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:18 PM

It won’t. Doom is at hand.
This has to be a good thing. They’ve gotta go.
Americans tend to wake up when they don’t have work to do.

bridgetown on July 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Boys, boys, boys. Be nice.

faraway on July 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

At least we know who the 30% who strongly approve are.

FontanaConservative on July 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM

JFK, TED, JFK jr. Stay away from WATER.

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM

This threads slowing down, I better put some more coal on the fire….

“I don’t believe in evolution”…….

Standing back waiting for the first hit…

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Frum is okay sometimes. I do like McCain a lot and was happy to vote for him.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Go RBNY=squish

thomasaur on July 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I agree with you.

FontanaConservative on July 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

This coming from a 9-11/Bill Oreily political neophyte who can’t stand any critism of his celebrity pundit.

ClassicCon on July 9, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Actually my conservativism predates 9/11…ok, so only for about a year (2000 election) but hey, 2000 was the first Pres election I had a shot in since I was 16 in 94. And I can’t stand O’Reilly…blowhard pompus windbag. Come to think of it, he kinda reminds me of someone else…intials of CC, you may know him.

I say again…if you think that Rush led the Republican fight in ’08, you’re as delusional as Baghdad Bob.

Rogue on July 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Since Sunday’s polling on July 5(Monday’s results)Obama has lost 6 point in his net approval index and +3 (51-48)represents his lowest overall approval number. Coincidentally it not only corresponds with the release of the jobs report but also the exponential increase in Sarah Palin’s Twitter and Facebook membership, an increase in SarahPAC contributions and an increase in Team Sarah membership after her announcement that she was going to resign on July 25th from being Governor of Alaska.

Let me make my case why Sarah Palin’s announcement has tangentially influenced these numbers:

1)From Sept. 3rd/08 (convention speech)to Sept. 16/08 (Lehman Brothers bankruptcy)Obama poll numbers were floundering; from July 6 to today July 9 his numbers have gone in the tank; Sarah Palin was front and center on both occasions.

2)I consider the tussel between Obama and Palin as a zero-sum game. Obama gains, Sarah loses; Sarah gains, the Messiah loses. Notice the overwhelming support for Sarah over the last 5-6 days (Politico story that the Beltway GOP is now reaching out to her and Iowa is extending invitation to her for a major fundraiser) and her improved poll numbers from the PPP poll released yesterday in comparison to June 18th. For example Sarah had a 7 point uptick in favorables/unfavorables: 46 (43) 45 (49). Here I think are the three groups that Sarah most influenced to fall off the Obama bandwagon:

a)feminists now supporting Sarah because of the Letterman joke and the Sarah’s defense of the virtue of young women. Over the last 3 weeks Sarah has had a 7 point uptick in female favorables

b)apathetic or apolitical conservatives or evangelicals who I have constantly criticized for being CHARITABLE to the Messiah, in terms of giving him a chance, we have no right to question the POTUS, render under Caesar etc who have finally seen the light and prompted by the Palin announcement now have made the move

c)Reagan Democrats who might have not been too happy with the performance of Obama and harboring doubts about Obama because of the economy after hearing that Sarah had resigned and may be travelling extensively throughout the lower 48 feel comfortable with Sarah as they felt comfortable with Reagan.

If anything I believe Sarah provided the tipping point for those who had seriously began to question Obama to finally fo the edge, jump off the cliff and defect from the Messiah’s ranks.

technopeasant on July 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I agree with you.

FontanaConservative on July 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Stand back,….we should be attacked any minute

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

technopeasant on July 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Excellent overall hypothesis

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

……better fan the flames…
Homosexuality is a choice. Discuss.

FontanaConservative on July 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

This threads slowing down, I better put some more coal on the fire….

“I don’t believe in evolution”…….

Standing back waiting for the first hit…

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM

God made us to evolve. Some are slower than others…ie, liberals, msm, Ted Kennedy…..

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I see another puppy in the President’s future. Looks like he’s going to have a whole kennel by the end of the year.

yoda on July 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

TAKE A LOOK AT DRUDGE !!
Whaddaya bet that picture will make the ‘passion index” jump back up ? Hmmmm.

pambi on July 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

lol…good point

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

……better fan the flames…
Homosexuality is a choice. Discuss.

FontanaConservative on July 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

lOL..that’ll do it!

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM

All this tells me is that the gays and gay supporters are mad at the Obamessiah for lying to them all this time. Not mad enough to vote for a Republican probably, but they aren’t going to be donating to MoveOn and their ilk so much.

Speedwagon82 on July 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Adolph may be getting his comeuppance out of his failed policies…

DL13 on July 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Speedwagon82 on July 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Is there any group besides the labor unions he’s made happy?

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I don’t think it is as simple as if GM is doing better or if some parts of the economy are even better…I think it is at what costs.

Even if Obama is able to help some sectors by pumping a lot of money into the economy, there might well be tax increases that people will resent or some other cost such as higher inflation or out of control debt.

Terrye on July 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Is there any group besides the labor unions he’s made happy?

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Terrorists

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Is there any group besides the labor unions he’s made happy?

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Terrorists

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM

ROFL..How the heck did I forget about them…of course…terrorists

Jeff from WI on July 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM

And dictators.

pambi on July 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM

No need to ask. It will be a week long made for TV special funeral.

In that case, I hope he lives forever.

katablog.com on July 9, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Pollster: So I see you are very much against every democratic bill from the stimulus to Cap & Trade but do you just love that Obama or are you a racist?

You bet those poll numbers are skewed.

jukin on July 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I’m all ears.

Knucklehead on July 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM

So’s Obama.

Lanceman on July 9, 2009 at 5:06 PM

pambi on July 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Ain’t it great? Bozo and Sarko checkin’ out da boootay!

But for me it is another one of those “what if W had done that” moments.

Brat on July 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I 100% guarantee that he does not care about these numbers.

What he is trying to accomplish will take less than one term to complete. Socialization of major industry, medicine and banking doesn’t take 2 years to do with a lock step Congress and Senate.

The poll number just don’t matter. (And no, Republican’s won’t take back a majority in the House or Senate in the mid-term elections.)

watson007 on July 9, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Wake up and realize he does our party more than good.

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM

You are correct.
He does do our party ‘more’ than good.
He does our party great.

Freudian slip, methinks.

Lanceman on July 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM

watson007 on July 9, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I agree that such would be unlikely, particularly with the socialist political machine in full swing by then. However, as the approval ratings go down and support for this monster’s policies wane, you will likely see more centrist Democrats from conservative states opposing his inisidious policies, rather than rubber stamping them. In fact, this already appears to be starting.

Blacklake on July 9, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Go RBNY on July 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM

One of the reasons I harp on polls. They are all bogus. Bozo’s real numbers are cratering because the opaque glasses are coming off.

dogsoldier on July 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Obama sets free the captured Iranian terrorists trumped as “diplomats” AFTER capture. Now to cover that ass, the story is being spun AS IF to blame Bush because the agreement to give up custody to the Iraqis was made previously.

(AP) Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters that the U.S. released the five to the Iraqi government because it was obliged to do so under a U.S.-Iraqi security agreement that took effect several months ago. Whether they are now set free is up to the Iraqis.

Several months ago, that’s OBAMA’S calling card.

maverick muse on July 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Seriously, I want a blog that is as open as this one, but wouldn’t ignore the obvious.

This is too slanted.

AnninCA on July 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM

It isn’t slanted if the only problem is that you can’t find like-minded liberals. Seriously, welcome to my world when I was living in LA and my representative was a far left whore who’s big priority was getting federal funding to remove gang tattoos. None of the issues I cared about even made the radar screen of the liberal bastards around me. But it wasn’t biased, I just lived in the wrong damn city in the wrong damn state to express my American values.

highhopes on July 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM

dogsoldier on July 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM

…and the summer heat doesn’t help anyone’s patience.

There’s no getting around the sense of threat and growing anger that’s building in America. Voters never like being played the outright fool set up for ridicule while Obama’s corrupt buddies are still living high on the hogs stolen from tax funds. What is wrong with Washington that Barney Frank is still leading the works?

Chinese cars have outsold American automobiles, though Obama took over GM/Chrysler to fix their problems. Obama makes everything worse than it was before, horribly worse.

If it hadn’t been for Michael Jackson, we’d never have had Pres.Obama, or Tiger Woods, either. So say Jackson fans.

maverick muse on July 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM

highhopes on July 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Come to find out today that LA failed to account for 40% of the city’s crime statistics. That’s nearly half of all rapes and murders and arsons not on the reports. And where is that Police Chief now?

Austin, TX

maverick muse on July 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

is Ted Kennedy dead yet?

No. Evil never dies.

I R A Darth Aggie on July 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM

yoda on July 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I guess that’d be easier than getting a second wife with killer arms.

Seriously, We’ve seen the filthy liar fail on the knowns like the economy. What happens if he gets dealt one of those unknown situations like the 9/11/01 atrocities. Aside from apologizing for putting our buildings in the way of those hijacked airplanes, what would Obama do? How would he keep things going when he clearly only has enough mental capacity to deal with one thing at a time? We are so screwed and not even a puppy a day will save the corrupt bastard.

highhopes on July 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Austin, TX

maverick muse on July 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

That’s been an open secret for some time. They had much the same failure rate when I was living out there a few years ago and there was the same outrage, promises of reform, and excuses that it boiled down to too few (unionized) police on the city payroll.

I have to laugh at the irony that the Police Chief is in Austin since that was the city where they treated underage drinking by the Bush girls as if it was a capital offense.

highhopes on July 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM

is Ted Kennedy dead yet?

No. Evil never dies.

I R A Darth Aggie on July 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I’m glad he’s still kicking. After having to stomach almost two weeks of glossing over the evil side of Michael Jackson because, like a trained monkey, he entertained the public and that made the wierdness all right. I can wait a while to see Teddy Kennedy lionized as a statesman when, in reality he’s nothing more than a drunken killer who got his Senate seat by default in 1968 and never did anything of value since (or before for that matter).

highhopes on July 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Heh. Clear the buffet, RBNY is here!

HornetSting on July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

You posted this and it went away. What gives???

BigWyo on July 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM

How does the ammo sales index correlate with the “passion” index? I’ll bet there’s a strong correlation between the red line on the graph and ammo sales.

BottomLine5 on July 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Which will hit double digits first?

Unemployment?

Or

Barcky Oblahblahblah’s Negative Index?

Taking bets in

BillaryMcBush on July 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I R A Darth Aggie on July 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM
highhopes on July 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I wonder what will turn out to be the bigger circus. T. Kennedy’s memorial or MJ’s?

I think Jackson is morally superior. He only raped children. Kennedy paved the way for 50 million of them in America to be killed. You can’t just go get counseling if you’re dead.

Mojave Mark on July 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Did you hear that? That was the sound of my heart breaking. /sarc

I’m waiting for the day when Uhhhhbama’s numbers fall below W’s. THAT will be a party.

darwin-t on July 9, 2009 at 8:19 PM

President TelePrompter’s numbers are likely to go much lower. There aren’t enough ‘rich people’ left (after all the taxes imposed by Feds & States) to keep the entitlement crowd in the manner they are accustomed. Barack Obama promised Hope to the middle class/poor and he’s running out of ways to pay for it.

Tennessee just raised the unemployment insurance rate (per employee) on small businesses. More layoffs, more cut-backs, more increased prices passed on to consumers.

TN Mom on July 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I am amased at the lack of coverage of Obama’a forgein policy IRT this poll. I think Obama teaming up with Castro and chavez hurt him and hurt him bad. Besides a small minority ~20% most americians look on those two as the enemy. to see our President embrace their worldview I think cemented alot of things in peoples minds about Obama. they were trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but after Iran and Latin america It has become obvious that Obama hates the maerica most people love.

His comments on the cold war didn’t help. his world view is being reputiated by the americian people.

unseen on July 9, 2009 at 8:27 PM