Video: Inhofe to dig into EPA head over suppressed report

posted at 5:05 pm on July 7, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Senator James Inhofe plans a robust round of questioning when the head of the EPA appears before the Senate. Inhofe has picked up the cause of Alan Carlin, a 30-year employee of the federal agency, whose report questioning the science behind the global-warming theory was ignored by the Obama administration and the EPA. Carlin said that agency told him to stop questioning policy, and Inhofe wants to know why:

Anthony Watts has more inconvenient questions, noting that June 2009 temperatures were lower than any June in the last 50 years. Bruce McQuain connects the dots on the data.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Hey, the scientists voted on it, and reached a consensus. Once science is voted on, it becomes a fact. That’s what I heard, anyway.

Vashta.Nerada on July 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM

It’s true. I read it on Al Gore’s internet.

- The Cat

MirCat on July 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Is anybody listening to this stuff except us?

Anybody?

Bueller, anybody?

PattyJ on July 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Inhofe is the only person in the Senate that I totally respect. He has singlehandedly been fighting the good fight against the greenies (aka: socialists) and the RINO morons.

Things like the Dims and backstabbing scumbags like McCain are beneath contempt.

TexasJew on July 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Global Warming is so cool!

profitsbeard on July 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Correction on the June temp — it was lower than the AVERAGE June for the last 31 years (since satellite measurements began).

Pythagoras on July 8, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Palin/Inhofe 2012!

/didn’t read the thread, but they are my two favorite people in politics today.

ornery_independent on July 8, 2009 at 12:45 AM

TexasJew on July 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Thank you. Completely agree. Tom Coburn (our other Senator here in OK is also a good man, but he was duped on Tarp I. Inhofe was not and voted no. He has the best voting record in the Senate as far as I’m concerned, and is one of the few candidates I send money to whenever he runs. You know the leftists would love to get him out of the Senate, but Oklahoma is the reddest of the red states.

Christian Conservative on July 8, 2009 at 1:51 AM

In the beginning…

Jeff from WI on July 7, 2009 at 7:58 PM

That’s not a theory. It’s an article of faith. It is not falsifiable.

Next.

nukemhill on July 7, 2009 at 8:01 PM

There are only two possibilities.
1. It just happened. Which is expounded in the often modified theory of evolution.
2. Somebody designed and built everything. As is expounded in Genesis, without the need of modification, to explain new data.

darktood on July 8, 2009 at 4:18 AM

Remember, Libs are the self-proclaimed smart ones. If they decreed that astrology could be used to predict economic and political outcomes and conservatives challenged that, they would merely tell them to ‘read some books’ and call them ‘ignorant rednecks’. Hell, they do that all the time anyway.

They are smart because they say they are. Science is what they say it is.

They were the quiet underachievers sitting in the corner of the classroom penning morbid songs and poetry. They just knew they were way smarter than their teachers and everyone else.

I deal with these types every year.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 8, 2009 at 4:35 AM

There’s also a big story in how the various govt agencies diddle the numbers before they are released.

For example, satellite data showed that May was the 15th coolest of the 31 years they had been collecting data.
NCDC claims that May was the 4th warmest ever.

NCDC uses ground based data, then heavily “adjusts” it to eliminate “known” errors.

One of the rules of thumb that I have always used is that when the adjustments to your data are 10 times larger than the signal you find, then it is time to dump your data and try something else.

MarkTheGreat on July 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

This is a good guy….

adamsmith on July 8, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I have been saying from the beginning Global warming is CACA SCIENCE !

ColdWarrior57 on July 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I was home sick yesterday, and watched the proceedings on C-Span. The EPA administrator sat there and lied through her teeth about the matter. She said that Carlin was given carte blanch to speak about the report, no suppression whatsoever. Inhofe needs to stay on top of this one, it’s big. Maybe if it becomes apparent to the gullible that they are blatently lying about this issue, that they just might be lying about a few other things.

iurockhead on July 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM

TexasJew on July 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM

When the RNC solicits donations from me, they get nothing. Instead, I respond by sending a contribution directly to a real Conservative like Inhofe. He is one of my favorite out-of-my-state conservatives.

landlines on July 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Everytime I get the chance I turn on all the tv’s,lights,fans and crank down the ac to 60 in honor of the “green” movement. Aren’t these the same idiots crying the ice age in the 70′s?
By the way, it’s hot here in AZ, but wait it’s JULY!!!

mmcnamer1 on July 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I’d say it’s been a cold summer. The high today – July 29th – in Denver was 64 degrees. The entire week has been and will be in the high 60s at best.

As for the summer so far, I think we had 3 days at around 90 and one 95 degree day.

It’s the coolest summer I can remember although I do remember snow in July at about 7200 feet in the mountains when I was a kid.

It’s actually been pretty nice.

Common Sense on July 30, 2009 at 2:45 AM