Rock bottom: HuffPo poster bids Palin farewell with retard jokes

posted at 8:35 pm on July 3, 2009 by Allahpundit

Don’t be too quick to blame all liberals for this excrescence. It was a lefty who tipped me to it, and more than one lefty who follows me on Twitter chimed in to agree that it’s repellent. Arianna’s crew was reasonably quick about flushing it, too. But lest you have any doubt that attacks on her family might indeed have weighed heavily in Sarahcuda’s decision to resign, feast your eyes on this screencap. Frankly, I’m amazed she hung in this long. Click the image to enlarge.

Update: Erik Nelson, the author, claims that he pulled it down himself because “No one was seeing the absurdity of Palin hiding behind her children, so my piece was not accomplishing anything good.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

For future reference Nelson: If no one gets it, its a bad joke. Just ask Letterman.

BobbyDank on July 4, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Karma. What hippy BS. Another way to wish.

Hey, how did that two-year old end up with cancer? KARMA??? How about the 18 mo old girl drowned in a bucket of rainwater?

KARMA!!!!

Ugly on July 4, 2009 at 1:52 AM

You think it doesn’t exist? Let me tell you a little “bedtime story”.

My mom was married to this one execrable man for almost twenty years, since she was sixteen. He did all kinds of nasty things to her. He even threatened her with an ax under his pillow at night. She tried to learn to drive, but his insults were too deep for her to continue trying – he was her instructor -that is, until she took it upon herself to ignore him while he hurled insults at her as she drove. Some time later, she obtained her driver’s license.

He was unfaithful to her in the extreme. He had quite a coterie of women with whom he “relieved himself”, while she was totally ignorant of his acts. Even in their own house, while she cooked the evening meal one night, he was doing a female friend in another room. In fact, there are several children of his that my siblings and I know about. There is a lot more he did against her, but you get my drift.

One day, she left the marriage with the help of one man who had seen the abuse on her, and who was willing to help her be what she wanted to be in life – my father. So, my mother and father were together for twenty years, until the day of his death. She went to college and became a teacher. She just retired last January, after many decades. Now, she is as happy as she can be.

But the ex-husband… Well, she remarried this woman, who turned out to hurl all kinds of abuses upon him, for two or more decades. He ended up sleeping in a cotter – not a marriage bed. He wore dirty clothes most of the time. And his own children didn’t want to see him. He died a miserable man.

It gets better, though! As I told you before, my mom just retired from teaching. She went to her Social Security office in town to deal with her “retirement income”. The lady who attended her told her that she was not just receiving her teacher’s pension, but also the Social Security for the many years she spent with her abusive first husband. She wanted to fix the issue so she only received “what she worked for” during those years before she became a teacher. But, on my latest phone call from my mom, she told me that… she still receives the SS payment from that SOB ex.

I know New Agers call it Karma. In Galatians, it’s called “God is not mocked. For whatsoever one soweth, the same he shall also reap.”

newton on July 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Scratch a liberal and you’ll find a sexist.
Scratch a liberal and you’ll find a racist.
Scratch a liberal and you’ll find a person who can rationalize genocide.

Blake on July 3, 2009 at 9:37 PM

When politics becomes a religion, it’s easy to rationalize anything. Remember, the left always projects their hatred on everyone else. Whatever they accuse you of being is exactly what they are. The hard evidence is everywhere.

RadClown on July 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I like how it has his credentials as a ‘fiction author and comedy writer’……
That’s comedy? You’re just an ass. I guess you feel it’s ok to make fun of retarded people because you are one, so it’s all good, right? Douchebag….

Sponge on July 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I can understand completely; The HuffPo is a think tank of retards; They’re experts.

Cybergeezer on July 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM

The comedy in his response is his claim that noone (not even Mr. Nelson’s core audience) saw the humor. Too bad we don’t have screenshots of the better responses from the Huffpo elite.

unclesmrgol on July 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I think I’ll beat Erik’s ass if ever I see him, and laugh while I do it. I wonder if he’ll see the humor in that.

jamie gumm on July 4, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Hey, what do you get when you give Ted Rall a lobotomy?

Erik Sean Nelson.

I am a freaking riot.

Potfry on July 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Does scratching a liberal mean I have to touch one?

I would recommend scratching them with a railroad pick, or at least a garden rake.

oldleprechaun on July 4, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Filed under comedy. These people really don’t know the difference between “SICK” and “FUNNY” maybe they should be seeking out some mental health facilities? They are using the internet to express their inside voices? Arriana Huffington will let “Anyone” blog for her…that’s the real headline.

Dr Evil on July 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I see 11 articles on Sarah Palin today (July 4) why so many? She out did Obama 11-1. Why so much space to tell us she is done? What is it about Sarah that just drives left of center, Left, Far Left, Center, right of center crazy? I believe it is panic. She is someone who knows what she is doing, HAS done something in public life (unlike an un-named president) is smart as hell(unlike our vice president) can draw a big crowd of enthusiastic voters (unlike a recent Republican candidate). Yep, She is a WINNER! She is not part of the Party, just people like Colin Powell (Americans want bigger government, more taxes). Yep she can’t be a Republican because SHE IS A WINNER and Republicans are strictly for LOSERS!!!

Herb on July 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM

The left in this country needs to be defeated. Their cruelty, harshness, hypocrisy, arrogance, stupidity, elitism and every other adjective that can be used to describe them are appalling. There is no coming together with them. They just need to be defeated. Sarah Palin will do that in 2012.

ice princess on July 4, 2009 at 4:25 PM

The Huffy Pee is thick with moderators so I guess they let it pass and are not deserving of the benefit of the doubt regarding how”shocked” they are.

RobCon on July 5, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Hey listen up Erik Nelson, your mother must be very proud of you making fun of an infant. Can you go any lower ???????

Baaboo on July 5, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I, for one, am not suprised in the least to see yet another mediocre comedy writer wiegh in on the issue. As I said before, she will make a perfect lightning rod for this type of garbage. Let it be. Consider the source. in the end, Palin and the RNC will give them enough rope to hang themselves.
When people want snarky, pseudo-intellectual, self-affirming vitriol, they turn to Huff-Po. So what. When was the last time she went tot-to-toe with the likes of Limbaugh, Beck or Savage (to name a few)? I’d pay to see that.

brotherjohn on July 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Rock bottom: HuffPo poster bids Palin farewell with retard jokes

Not to worry. Anything coming from the Huffington Puke, is usually posted by libturds.

byteshredder on July 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Only on the left does one first attack a retarded child in a campaign, then try to blame the parent that stands up to defend their children as trying to hide behind their children…. Um no. YOU brought the children into it, Not Palin.

As usual, the lefty “apology” is as vile as what they are apologizing for.

Has it really gotten to the point where 50% of the nation sees children, infants, and fetuses as disposible sources of inconvienience, butts of sexual jokes, and political collateral damage? Are they really that sick?

Scrappy on July 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM