Krauthammer on Palin: She’s young, she’ll be back

posted at 8:08 pm on July 3, 2009 by Allahpundit

I agree, as does Geraghty, as does Omri Ceren. Like I said in the video thread earlier, she’s in Nixon position here. She’s finished in the near term, i.e. 2012, but the public’s memory is short. If she hits the trail for some GOP movers and shakers and reemerges in three years or so with an ability to talk shop on domestic and foreign policy, Republicans won’t care that she flaked out on the governorship. The One only had two years of big-league political experience under his belt when he ran for president, after all; it didn’t hurt him because he convinced voters he knew what he was talking about notwithstanding his greenness. That’s the place she needs to get to, assuming she still has national ambitions.

Of course, if Juan is right and this was all motivated by some looming mega-scandal, disregard everything I just said.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I really don’t know. I don’t see how she can do that and expect to protect her children. They will react to her as if their lives are at stake, which they are. If she tries, she better not do it alone, but as leader of an organization that includes grassrooters like us to back her up.

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 9:23 PM

From what I’ve read over the conservative blogosphere this afternoon, what Sarah Palin did this afternoon could be likened to the Old Testament Gideon, when he dismissed the soldiers who stooped down to lap like dogs when they drank water. He was left with 300 warriors who were always “heads up”, and by some very unconventional means, Gideon’s army won the day.

I’m sure those 300 who were THE final defenders felt more than a bit “concerned” about the actions of their leader. Especially when he told them to pick up a few jars….

Intrepid on July 3, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I don’t really understand. The Gideon story I know is that God told Gideon to choose the 300 who did lap the water like dogs, showing they cared little for anything but winning. But even so, I really don’t get the relation to my orig. comment. I’m tired so maybe it’s me.

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM

One of the biggest “changes” of the Obama era is that regular people are finally realizing there is such a thing as the “political class.” And they don’t like it. As the momentum builds going toward 2012, look for more Palin-type candidates coming on the scene and more established pols try to emulate her style.
As for Palin’s resignation… another unconventional move by an unconventional politician. She defies every attempt to categorize her and the elites are unable to understand her or what she does. This is no different. Her appeal will not wane.

n0doz on July 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM

This would have been a constant, had she chosen to run from the Governors office; the more hostile elements of the media would never have let go of this, gleefully announcing each ethics complaint, (but little mentioning that she had successfully deflected them.)

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 9:54 PM

wow… two bingo’s in a row…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I hate to say this, but the best thing she can spend her time on is lessons to soften her accent. She won’t get the northeast without it.

njcommuter on July 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM

tks back!

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Krauthammer bashes her before, but now she’s OK..typical beltway pundit.

Jeff from WI on July 3, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Her appeal will not wane.

n0doz on July 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Another winner…this going to break the bank…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I think Bernard Goldberg already compiled the list. Didn’t he have a book about who’s ruining America?

As for the unemployed acolytes, the same could be said re. tea parties. At some point, people have to sacrifice some time and money to protest.

I think some annoying protests at every target’s place of business and home should do some damage. Sharpton did it. Abortion clinic protesters did it. Turn it on the media.

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Oh, I don’t think there is any problem in identifying our would be targets – it is obvious enough to anyone who has a serious interest in politics.

But think of the organizational structure of this group we are discussing. I think from your comments there would be two basic functions;

1) Dig up dirt
2) Get big groups of people outside of media institutions, or I presume to confront members of the media in person

Function 1 is probably easier, but still difficult. We already know the incestuous connections between Democrat politicians and “independent” media sources. But, for example, are some of the them actually on the take? We only found out recently that IF Stone was, long after it was politically useful. We’d also need “infiltrators” – people who could swim in the opposition’s world and get the inside scope for us to use against them, or as media currently calls them “unnamed senior McCain staffers”.

Function 2 would be much harder. Yes, conservatives should be willing to take time out of their schedules to politically agitate…but taking a week away from your small business is much harder then taking a week away from your x-box during winter break.

But let’s say we try. We need money – to pay for infrastructure, transporting people around, feeding them, housing. As we’ve seen the big pockets in the Republican party tend to be of the moderate stripe and would not be interested. At least for now we don’t have the option of government funding as the left does (though there are some interesting ways to pursue that). So where does the money come from?

We also need some way to get our information to the politically uninterested masses, and obviously the MSM isn’t going to be it – as they will either ignore us or go the “teabagging” route. After some successes this would become less of an issue…but we do need some mechanism to start with.

18-1 on July 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM

OK so you’ve demonstrated that you can research and read…
But…you’re lacking in comprehension …read it again …what she said…
And think ethics charges and what is best for Alaska….
Energy to the hungry markets in the lower 48.…duh…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Look, if she had said, right now, I am having these ethics charges and to clear this all up I am going to resign… NOTHING ELSE, maybe I’d respect her more.

However, when she goes on and on about Lame Ducks and then concludes that this is why she is going to resign, uh… yeah. Don’t know why that one was thrown in. Perhaps you could tell me.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM

njcommuter on July 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM

You spent too much time on the train from Dover…;)

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM

We’ve had sitting senators run for president recently; some effort was made to paint them as not doing their jobs, due to the campaign and it’s demands. Attendance became an issue for Kerry, McCain, and Obama.

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Then why not just come out and say that to pursue her career, she would be stepping down from AK gov?

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM

And, I just had another thought; how may tea parties can she now headline. Speaking directly to the American people, indeed!

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I see her speaking to two audiences….Alaskans and the rest of the nation. That part of the speech was directed to the citizens of Alaska.

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Because it makes her a fuller target. This way, she’s a little more able to fly under the radar.

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM

That was a shot a Sanford…He is a lame duck…Keep up…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Perhaps the name of the new conservative party will be the “Tea Party.” Wouldn’t that make Santelli a de facto founder? And wouldn’t that really piss off Jeff Immelt?

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

18-1 on July 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM

details, details :)

All these things will happen on their own if/when things get worse. The question now is whether we will act before they get worse. I’m a glass-half-empty kind of guy (can’t help it) so I think human nature says we take no action before it becomes crucial to do so.

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM

eeehhh

Double Speak?

I want someone that is going to be pointblank honest with me.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Uh, I think she just flew into the radar.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:10 PM

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Santelli a founding father. Sounds good to me. And definitely put Immelt on the target list!!

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

She’s Not…I want to talk to you outside…;)

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I agree about human nature. But that is why we only have a handful of founding fathers. Any movement requires a leader or leaders willing to take dramatic steps to rally the hoard. Could this be Palin’s time?

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

That was a shot a Sanford…He is a lame duck…Keep up…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

You know what, she could have just personally phoned him and told him to stop being such a d-bag.

I really don’t think that she would have taken a shot at him – especially given the sensitivity about his children.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

If we properly define ourselves by conservative principals, and present a candidate with the backing of the base, the Republican party will need to move with us. There’ll be no need of a new party – we will own the GOP.

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Uh, I think she just flew into the radar.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Just like a Wild Weasel…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:12 PM

She’s Not…I want to talk to you outside…;)

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Look, I understand if you feel comfortable with this. I mean, heck it might even be a winning strategy (???). But, personally, I would have handled this in a different way. I’m tired of speaking Politikish.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

There isn’t going to be any new “conservative” party. Either work to make the republican party better, or hand the country to the democrat party.

That’s the only choice.

Rebar on July 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

njcommuter on July 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM

She won’t get the northeast anyway.

When she goes out on the campaign “Trell”, she might as well skip N’Yawk, Joisey, Bahstahn, and all youse other guys.

The Monster on July 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Just like a Wild Weasel…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Perhaps. I’ve never seen a Weasel, wild or not, run into a radar.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Double Speak?

I want someone that is going to be pointblank honest with me.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Don’t see how you get doublespeak from that. It sounded honest and sincere to me. Of course, if you don’t like what she said, that’s another story.

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

That’s why it was sutble and everyone misunderstood…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 9:54 PM

The campaign for 2012 won’t be starting for another year and a half in early 2011- right after her term would’ve ended. If she had any plans at all for running in 2012, resigning 16 months before announcing in early 2011 would be pretty close to the top of the list of things not to do.

No matter what reasons she offers, or how reasonable (or unreasonable) they may be, the general public is going to associate resignation with a failure of some sort.

Hollowpoint on July 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Could this be Palin’s time?

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I haven’t the slightest idea, but I welcome anyone who wants to step into the breach, whether it’s Palin, or someone else.

JiangxiDad on July 3, 2009 at 10:17 PM

n0doz on July 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM

As of today, it already has.

Some actions are unconventional for good reason.

Hollowpoint on July 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM

massrighty on July 3, 2009 at 10:12 PM

That’s the only choice.

Rebar on July 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Palin and the tea parties can, indeed, become game-changers for the GOP. For my money, though, I refuse to vote GOP just because it’s the only option. I’m through with compromisers. They might take back the Congress and the White House but they won’t do anything to change the course this country is on.

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:14 PM

it’s an F4G with anti-radiation missiles…
Not healthy for radar sites.

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Here’s what I got from Palin

SOME lame ducks milk the system

Therefore it is clear why I must resign.

First, I don’t know what “lame duck” is in her book, but you can’t tell me she couldn’t have worked with the GOP majority to keep reforming Alaska. Boy am I glad Reagan didn’t but out circa ’88…

Second, EVEN if she was a “lame duck,” this doesn’t mean she is destined to milk the system.

Finally, even Jerry admits she was

sutble

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

it’s an F4G with anti-radiation missiles…
Not healthy for radar sites.

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Oh, well, we’ll just have to see.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Should I be offended by that remark…;)

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM

With all the mud and muck that Sarah’s detractors have been flinging her way, who could blame her for doing what she did? The attacks on her kids were especially vicious and I could not even begin to imagine the kind of heartache it had brought her.

Still, resigning from her post may not be a good move unless she intends to speak out, and speak out loudly and soon, about the damage that Obama is doing to the US.

I see hope and change (in the most positive ways, mind you) in Sarah if she chooses to run in 2012.

God bless Sarah Palin in whatever she decides to do.

mz.josephine on July 3, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Hammer and the other Beltway Republicans will now pat Sarah on the head and tell her to run along like a good girl. They got what they wanted; she’s out of the way, leaving the the ’12 nomination wide open for another Big Government elitist Whig.

Hey Charles, I remember you when you swooned for Obama last fall, and I’ll remember your anti-Palin knife work this Summer. So we’re clear, there isn’t a snowball’s chance I will support your Whig nominee in ’12, so I do hope you are enjoying your Hope and Change.

Now, where is that pantywaist Jonah Golberg?

james23 on July 3, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Should I be offended by that remark…;)

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Nope, I was just pointing out that not everyone here thinks she was being crystal clear in her words. Perhaps her implications, but I’m still confused.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Everyone reads what they want in anything. I don’t see the doublespeak but, then, I’m not you.

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

This must be a banner weekend for Rinopundit. Jacko on TV 24/7 and the Whig party and Palin finally part company–a result Rinopundit has been calling for from the day last year that Mac picked her.

james23 on July 3, 2009 at 10:28 PM

genso on July 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Well, we’ll agree to disagree.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Krauthammer, too proud to sense any lack of tact on his own part, not too proud to “allow” her a future.

maverick muse on July 3, 2009 at 8:24 PM

The arrogance of this guy is something to behold. How does Fox News fit that massive head of his onto the tv screen?

james23 on July 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Bottom line for me…
One of my lefty friends called me up and told me (about 5pm) she had resigned…
I was ecstatic …I knew it was coming…
She knew the left feared her so much and the attacks were never going to let up…
She had to bring the fight to them….
You can’t play offense when you’re always on defense, even though she was deflecting every attempt to bring her down.
Only a fool would think we’ve heard the last of Sarah Palin.

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Krauthammer on Palin: She’s young, she’ll be back

I agree, as does Geraghty, as does Omri Ceren.

Breaking: Palin to resign within weeks? Update: Is her career over?

Update: Says Ace, “It’s over. You can’t resign from a governorship and then run for higher office.” I agree.

AllahP, is there something special about July 3, where you argree with both sides of every issue?

MB4 on July 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

njcommuter on July 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Right. She must learn to speak like Barney Fwank or that phony John Effin Kerry. Every wonder why no one from the NE has been elected? And Kennedy doesn’t count – he bought the election.

Blake on July 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I wasn’t saying she was talking out of both sides of her mouth…so don’t put any words in mine…
She was telling the beltway…”the gloves have just come off”.
Why so few see this…I don’t understand.

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

She was telling the beltway…”the gloves have just come off”.
Why so few see this…I don’t understand.

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

You said she was being subtle (Crafty or sly; devious)…

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Oh please…now we’ve come down to semantics ….

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Oh please…now we’ve come down to semantics ….

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Well, I was down to the semantics from the beginning.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM

;)

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Let’s just wait and see…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Let’s just wait and see…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Agreed.

Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM

MB4 on July 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I just now caught that…lol ! good one…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 10:56 PM

MB4 on July 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

The bat from Aesop’s Fables.

atheling on July 3, 2009 at 10:58 PM

atheling on July 3, 2009 at 10:58 PM

which one?

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Doesn’t she have a book coming out?

Perhaps a national book tour will be easier for her this way, and the chance to make some more inroads.

Look, the presidency is about leadership, ideas and the ability to connect with people so you can sell your ideas. She scores well on all points…as AP wrote after she gave a speech in upstate NY “Dude, she’s running”.

joepub on July 3, 2009 at 11:05 PM

ah…silverwing… never read it.

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 11:11 PM

If by “elite” you mean “having some sense of reality”, then yes, I do put myself in that company.

No. I mean intellectually limited, myopic and self impressed. I bet the first thing you look for when you go shopping is a famous label that is easily observed. Want those neighbors to know you only wear the best. You are not only silly but also a little creepy and obtuse. Yer a peggy noonan worshiper, aye?

peacenprosperity on July 3, 2009 at 11:15 PM

MB4 on July 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Nope. The lack of mental clarity, curiousity and hyper knee-jerkedness is an everyday event. Don’t you recognize the symptoms of northeast liberalism?

peacenprosperity on July 3, 2009 at 11:18 PM

peacenprosperity on July 3, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Don’t be so harsh…he’s in denial, like most RINO’s…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 11:19 PM

my last words for the nite…
life…gotta love it. SARAH SARAH SARAH…Subtle laughter!
Choke on it Rino’s…

jerrytbg on July 3, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Krauthammer seems a bit like a perp who claims he tripped with the knife instead of having stabbed someone in the back.

viking01 on July 3, 2009 at 11:26 PM

She did not flake on the governor ship, she stepped down because it was costing the state too much for her to try to do her job. The idiot democrats kept on making stupid charges against her. What part of that do you not understand? She is doing the honorable thing. That part I know you don’t understand Allahpundit. You really should try active listening when she speaks. If you think this is a step backward you are underestimating one who should not be underestimated. She gave the reasons she did what she did. She believes she can fight against what is going down in our country best as a private citizen rather that trying to be governor and attempting to step on national stage.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on July 3, 2009 at 11:26 PM

The problem with you “the sky is falling” and “never liked her in the first place” people is that you are locked into the liberals game and reality and do not believe (or are incapable of realizing) there is any other way. Whether it is tomorrow or next month, wherever she shows up next, Palin will draw a huge crowd and electrify them. The problem with the republicans “getting the message out” is that they 1) have no real belief in the message therefore 2) have no idea how to deliver it. Palin does, innately, and scares the crap out of both the republicans and the democrats. The republicans because they are afraid she will upset their little appeasement relationship with the left and the left because they see that she is capable of being the sparkplug for a movement. The left may be nasty but they aren’t stupid.

peacenprosperity on July 3, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Krauthammer on Palin: She’s young, she’ll be back

I agree, as does Geraghty, as does Omri Ceren.

Breaking: Palin to resign within weeks? Update: Is her career over?

MB4 on July 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

PWNED!

fossten on July 3, 2009 at 11:45 PM

RedRobin:

Yeah well, my principles tell me that just about anyone would be better than Barack Obama. My principles tell me that half a loaf is better than starving. That by the way is quote from Ronald Reagan.

If people sit home because they do not get exactly they want, then they might as well vote for a second term Obama. Same outcome. And my principles tell me that would be a bad thing.

Terrye on July 3, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I never sit out elections, I’m just tired of voting for the lesser of the two evils. I’m tired of chosing between one candidate that will destroy our country slowly or the other one which will do it quickly.

I live in NJ which is home to the 3 of the “Republican” HOR (out of 8) who helped pass the Cr*p and Tax Bill. My conservative principles guide me and I’m not going to change it for anybody. The only reason I voted for McCain was because of Sarah Palin. Otherwise, I was just going to write in Ronald Reagan’s name.

RedRobin145 on July 3, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Saying Palin will be back in 2046 or something is just a way to salve the hard feelings brought on by not really caring much how much she was savaged over the past 10 months. “That’s OK kid, you’ll get ‘em next time! — Gee I hope she disappears, that embarrassing rube…”

ddrintn on July 3, 2009 at 11:47 PM

…why not just come out and say that to pursue her career, she would be stepping down…Upstater85 on July 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Sounds like a rather sophmoric expectation.

Gov. Palin has to earn the Republican Party endorsement, she can’t just announce “I’m making a “career” move to President”, as you seem to suggest that she do. Moreover, nowadays these National campaigns take much more time, money, and organization to achieve advantageous position for the final sprint to the wire. She will have to continue to earn her stripes by building support, generating cash, collecting IOUs, mastering policy details, and honing tactical political skills for clashing with the opposition and their propaganda organs. With respect to her resignation speech today, it set just the right tone, and specificity – but left the door open for the chattering classes to speculate and hunger for more Barracuda. Bravo Gov! Happy Independence Day!

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on July 3, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Obama never had to prove a grasp of the issues. He still doesn’t. He always got by on his skin tone and his ability to read a teleprompter.

ddrintn on July 4, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Of all the people that Sara Palin might need to advise her on how to proceed with her future, AP is probably not one. It is not like AP has ever held any regard for Palin, and I belive that most of that goes to the issue of her Christianity. To now act as if he even gives a damn what happens to her is almost funny.

MikeA on July 4, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Don’t be too quick to write her off for 2012. Two years is a LOOONG time in politics. Clinton would have lost to a potted plant in ’94, but when the GOP ran a potted plant against him in ’96, he had regained enough to squeak through.
Let’s see her book and a few interviews before writing her off. She will soon be able to speak on politics outside of Alaska issues without shelling out 20-50K per complaint to get these abusive ethics charges dismissed. Remember, she did not marry money like McCain, inherit a fortune like Romney, or get rich through political self-dealing like Obama. In her current situation, she can’t afford to begin national politicking until 2011, when a new governor is sworn in. That is too short a time to work the field for 2012. Now her resignation will be a year and a half behind her and she will have spent that time working the field. Give her a year on the rubber chicken circuit before pronouncing her out for 2012.

AP, will you at least give her a year to work outside the box she was in before writing her off?

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on July 4, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Love the woman and love the energy she brought to the Republican party. That being said, she’s been damaged goods for a while. Best sound bite goes to the DNC (whether you like it or not): “She’s abandoning the people of Alaska” and/or “She couldn’t take the heat”. The talk about this being some clever move on her part to give her space to “reinvent” herself is far-fetched at best. If she runs for the Senate seat, I’ll believe it.

Tina Fey guest-appearing on SNL to jump all over this in 3…2…1

Dagnar on July 4, 2009 at 1:23 AM

One other thing. I suggest anyone who thinks this to be a “can’t take the heat” thing to consider her statement. If I am reading this right, she is going to be walking into the fire, not away from it. She is just changing out of the creosote-soaked cotton pajamas before she does so.

No Nixonesque “you won’t have me to kick around anymore” crap. She will be out there with a vengeance after the transition.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on July 4, 2009 at 2:00 AM

…or some goons from the gangsta in chief’s office made her an offer she didn’t dare refuse. A lesson to conservatives who get uppity.

dhimwit on July 4, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Yes, but The One wasn’t a quitter and didn’t deliver a long, rambling speech about the great sacrifices of our predecessors before throwing in the towel.

***

bayam on July 3, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Every speech Obama gives is along rambling speech. The man in completely incapable of saying anything of substance, which of course is because he has no substance to begin with.

eyedoc on July 4, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Every speech Obama gives is along a long rambling speech. The man in is completely incapable of saying anything of substance, which of course is because he has no substance to begin with.

eyedoc on July 4, 2009 at 9:28 AM

eyedoc on July 4, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Allahpundit

This may come across as rude to you Allah, but do you wipe your @$$ before you take a dump or after?

Americannodash on July 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I am thoroughly sick of the Republican Elitists and the Liberal Socialist Democrats and their hold on our nation. Obama continues to usurp the Constitution, and do any of them speak up? Sarah is a citizen, and can do anything she pleases, including not seek office. Hooray for Sarah and down with the King.

davecatbone on July 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM

AP wanted Sarah Palin destroyed. He just wanted it on his schedule.

SKYFOX on July 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Are all bloggers hopeless, helpless, ignorant rubes?

Griz on July 4, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I see 11 articles on Sarah Palin today (July 4) why so many? She out did Obama 11-1. Why so much space to tell us she is done? What is it about Sarah that just drives left of center, Left, Far Left, Center, right of center crazy? I believe it is panic. She is someone who knows what she is doing, HAS done something in public life (unlike an un-named president) is smart as hell(unlike our vice president) can draw a big crowd of enthusiastic voters (unlike a recent Republican candidate). Yep, She is a WINNER! She is not part of the Party, just people like Colin Powell (Americans want bigger government, more taxes). Yep she can’t be a Republican because SHE IS A WINNER and Republicans are strictly for LOSERS!!!

Herb on July 4, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Here lawyer just put out a statement. There is no scandal and they aren’t going to tolerate the HuffPo and others putting this false info out there.

njpat on July 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM