Is Palin’s national political career over?

posted at 5:45 pm on July 3, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

The news of Sarah Palin’s resignation as governor came during my show this afternoon, where we spent most of an hour discussing it with the chatizens and my co-host Duane Patterson.  I’ve had a chance to watch the video of her announcement and read through dozens of Twitter messages back and forth attempting to rationalize this, and still, it simply can’t be rationalized on the basis of what Palin said today.  It’s easily the most bizarre resignation I’ve seen, and just about senseless.

The lame-duck explanation was the most incoherent part of the entire statement:

“Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt that to embrace the conventional ‘Lame Duck’ status in this particular climate would just be another dose of ‘politics as usual,’ something I campaigned against and will always oppose. It is my duty to always protect our great state. With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing to change things, so that this administration, with its positive agenda, its accomplishments and its successful road to an incredible future, can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success.”

Bear in mind that the election isn’t next month but about 16 months from now, in November 2010.  Using this logic, Palin should never have run for the first term unless she was willing to run for the second, and not run for either if she wasn’t willing (or legally able) to run for a third.  Politicians don’t enter lame-duck status until their successor has already been elected and they’re running out the rest of the term. And all politicians become lame ducks at some point — and none of them quit just to avoid it.

Also, how can Palin quit because she didn’t want to deal with being a lame duck and claim in the same breath that her administration would “continue without interruption”?  She just interrupted it!  If she thinks that being a “lame duck” would hamper her ability to push her agenda in the state’s capital, how does she think that an unelected Sean Parnell is going to get it done?

If it’s her duty to always “protect” Alaska, then that strongly implies not walking away from the responsibility of governing it — a responsibility she sought, and with which her constituents trusted her to execute.  No one leads by quitting.  No one leads by quitting.  Palin’s abandoning  her post, and at least from her own description, doing it because she doesn’t want to deal with the issues of being a “lame duck,” a status all politicians have to handle at some point.

I’ve seen a myriad of excuses on Twitter and e-mail for this bizarre resignation: her legal bills are too high, she’s putting her family first, she doesn’t want to distract Alaskans because of cheap-shot ethics complaints that are distracting everyone.  None of those make any sense.  If the spotlight was too much, then she shouldn’t have run for office in the first place.  If she’s quitting because people are taking potshots at her, then she’s not the kind of political fighter we thought she was.  The legal bills might be a rational reason, but thoroughly insufficient for betraying the people who put her in charge of Alaska — and her memoirs would have paid for her legal bills many times over, had she completed her term.

There’s really no excuse, and what Rich Lowry also calls her “terrible,” “rambling,” and “not at all persuasive” statement showed that.  Unless there was a serious illness or a serious scandal, the resignation on the grounds Palin gave is simply incomprehensible.  She has destroyed her own credibiity in a single day.

I liked Sarah Palin and supported her inclusion on the GOP ticket last fall.  I thought she had more toughness than this.  It’s a big disappointment, and it’s the end of any hope of Palin getting taken seriously as a politician on the national level in the future.

Update (AP): I was going to tuck this into one of my own posts but it fits better here. Quin Hillyer, senior editor at the Spectator, calls the resignation an “appalling dereliction of duty.”

What Sarah Palin did today was get out before the real challenges of the job (whatever challenges there are for such an easy job) really rear their heads. The going got tough in terms of spurious ethics charges against her, and she took off. That’s cowardly. That’s not sign of staying power. It’s a sign of wanting to get out while the getting is good, in order to become a full-time candidate for a presidential race that won’t culminate for 3 1/2 more years. It’s a little too calculating, by half — or more.

I just listened to her speech announcing her decision, and found it singularly unimpressive. “This was a rambling, bombastic, self-centered, ‘poor me’ kind of speech.” That’s how Mike Carey of the Anchorage Daily News just described her speech on Fox News. I agree. He then said it was, darn, I already can’t remember if he said it was “pitiful” or “pathetic,” but it was some word like that. Again, I agree. It was a speech in which she clearly made a bit for a national audience — not a very effective bid, but a transparent one — but didn’t adequately explain to the people of Alaska why she was relinquishing her duty…

Statesmen hang tough. Sarah Palin is cutting and running. ‘Nuff said.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 30 31 32 33 34

No compliments. It knows how to search and do research. It tracks and psychoanalyzes people. It is very dangerous.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:29 AM

That is assuming that “it” is singular…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Jen would rip her head off and p!$$ down her neck.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Good, then only Jen would be left to handle…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM

A shape shifter. This is the danger unless well studied and prepared.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Well that was my way of saying that she definately suffers from a disconnect from reality on most of the basic issues.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 3:31 AM

Upstater85:

I’m sensing LIG doesn’t like it when another woman is typed on your keyboard.

Stud.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Don’t scare him off by calling him stud…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Well, you people are a better judge than I.
Perhaps I should do some of my patented f@@king with her head next time? no, that’d be mean.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM

That’s why I suggested jenfidel get together with her.
Can you imagine the fur flying?
Jenfidel gets a little too emotional.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM

She was there that night. Jenfidel had the claws out. It was awesome.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM

I mean she was pretty fast with an answer to an obscure question.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Whatever…but seriously, I don’t believe anything she says…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Well, you people are a better judge than I.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM

It’s very rewarding. Play the concern card. Play with her, then catch her talking sh*t about black people or something and start attacking (but in a VERY PASSIVE manner)

Something like

“Yeah, Ann, I know it must have been hard for white old liberals like you to date black men, but in my young generation this attitude is just frowned on. Maybe you’ll change though under Obama.”

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Wait, how come HS is your friend on FB, but she won’t even tell BB (and uhhmm others) where she lives?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Oh…feeling left out are you…I’m pretty sure BB is a FB friend with her…are you on FB…you could be friends with both me and hornetsting…
:-)

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Do your research first. Search for a thread with lots of interaction. Notice the shifting patterns. The most important thing is not to give it what it wants. So, you must figure that out, or you’ll end up its meal for the hour or the day, even if your think you’ve “won.” Indeed, it may want to give you that impression so that you will return to feed it more.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Treacherous Woman, that sting ;)

Careful Lady, you’re getting close…

You two are bad news.

We Manly Men have to keep an eye on you.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Try to keep an eye on us…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:37 AM

:-)

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM

First of all, HS won’t. She told us, “NEVER.”

Second of all, yes, BB and I are friends on FB.

Are you friends with him?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM

That’s why schizophrenia or multiple personalities came to mind.
I lived with someone once like that and they can change on a dime.
But if I may play devil’s advocate for a while

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Try to keep an eye on us…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Eye of a Tiger!

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:39 AM

She’s never told me anything…she’s just too liberal to be “southern”…she’s a liar…a flake…a phony…a troll…

I have true Southern liberal friends…she is not…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:29 AM

She’s playing it as the organic produce eating, Berkley transplant, 50- something starbucks type in a tie dye skirt, that grew up in the South and likes Palin.

I don’t buy it, and I wish you could have been there that night when Upstater85 called her out on her multi-culti hypocrisy.

I almost pissed my pants.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM

First of all, HS won’t. She told us, “NEVER.”

Second of all, yes, BB and I are friends on FB.

Are you friends with him?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM

I are…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Play the concern card. (but in a VERY PASSIVE manner)

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM

That sounds like good advice for doing diagnostics. I can’t role play like that, though. As to actually dealing with it, note that it is we men discussing this matter. Why?

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM

That’s why schizophrenia or multiple personalities came to mind.
I lived with someone once like that and they can change on a dime.
But if I may play devil’s advocate for a while

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM

I’m not ruling it out…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Yes, agreed. The Women should contribute more.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Please tell me ladyingray is a woman.
Everytime I see her name it brings to mind Colonel Mosby.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Hmmm

Something new to figure out…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

I almost pissed my pants.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM

dang it…hate I missed that….
and I agree with your assessment about her except for the liking Palin part…she does NOT….she made that clear at the beginning…she is now hedging her bets but no…she is a hillary supporter all the way…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Please tell me ladyingray is a woman.
Everytime I see her name it brings to mind Colonel Mosby.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Well, I hope she isn’t tricking us here.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:44 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

See, I’ve wondered if she’s an Obama supporter playing as PUMA…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Please tell me ladyingray is a woman.
Everytime I see her name it brings to mind Colonel Mosby.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Um…def a chicka…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:45 AM

dang it…hate I missed that….

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

What would she have to gain from it? She’s not gonna change anyone’s mind on a conservative thread.
“Gee, ann, you’re right. president bozo IS a good man. I should give up this Palin foolishness. Thank God you were here to keep me from making a big mistake!”

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:47 AM

The Women should contribute more.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:42 AM

On a 4th thread, I tracked it. At about 500 posts, it had posted over 13% of the posts and another 5% were responses, all men, I believe. Charming, helpless, scolding, rumor mongering and misinformation, inciting, laughing, praising, all over the map. Quite a trolling performance.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Sure, the press claimed to love McCain, and told us the moderates loved him. But that changed the moment they saw their true love across a crowded room.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 3:12 AM

The moderates loved McCain, but they had no intention of dating him. Ever.

Now we have to listen to these “moderates” whine about getting date raped by Obama.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 3:48 AM

32 pages… w00t!

Sorry Ed, AP… I’m with Levin on this one.

liquidflorian on July 5, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Um…def a chicka…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Lady in grayyyyy
Is dan cing wiiiiith me
Cheek to cheek
There’s nobody here
It’s just you and meeeeee

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:50 AM

3100+

We rule.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:51 AM

The moderates loved McCain, but they had no intention of dating him. Ever.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 3:48 AM

What gets me is when moderates play the victim card. They act as though they are getting persecuted by being invited on CNN to dish on conservatives…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Hmmm

Something new to figure out…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Give me a clue…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

have to gain from it?

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Thread hijacking. Pitting posters against one another. Feeding misinformation. And attention. Any kind of attention from males, positive or negative.

I just thought of something. Upstater85, you may be effective because of your age. You’re too young for it. Does it have a son? Did it? There needs to be a private place to do HA Trollology.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

dang it…hate I missed that….

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Hillary supporter is right. Ann comments on the Talkleft.com blog. A HA commenter copied and pasted a few post of hers from there to here. She may indeed be the wolfette in lambobama clothing. She wants universal health care really bad. She has also said that she had work for a mid to high level excutive and knew all about the economics.
I asked her who Milton Freidman was and got no reply.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

32 pages… w00t!

Sorry Ed, AP… I’m with Levin on this one.

liquidflorian on July 5, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Ed? Are you listening?
Get off the phone, you big dope!

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Give me a clue…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

No, you give me a clue. I can’t think of any good ones.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:53 AM

See, I’ve wondered if she’s an Obama supporter playing as PUMA…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Interesting thought…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Yeah, good question.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:55 AM

LOL

The first time I heard my grandfather say, “I’ve been studying on you”…he had to explain to me that that meant he was “thinking about me”…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:07 AM

My grandmother used to play cards with us. If I took too long on my turn, she would say, “Study long, study wrong.”

She was from the bootheel of Missouri, which was just on the other side of the Mississippi from Tennessee.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Heh…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Please be a gentleman and mind your manners.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

32 pages… w00t!

Sorry Ed, AP… I’m with Levin on this one.

liquidflorian on July 5, 2009 at 3:49 AM

I missed Levin today. What did he say?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I never thought like that.
I thought we conservatives were all boneheads.
Intellectually honest and all.
Even I had to bash my buddy W. here earlier.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Heh…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Never mind.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:47 AM

She’s a troll…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Please be a gentleman and mind your manners.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Sorry. Felt like singing.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Unstrike that last one

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:51 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:51 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Yeah…we do…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Sound familiar? Dunno. Just a hunch

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Yes. Same pattern, but not trolling.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Yes. Same pattern, but not trolling.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Yeah, a tad bit more “intelligent.”

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:02 AM

She’s a troll…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 3:58 AM

No, Mr. Pink Floyd was a troll.
She’s just….. I don’t know
But I’ve been reading you guys about a year before I signed up.
Perhaps I don’t understand nuance.
Speaking of which, when’s the next open registration?

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Please be a gentleman and mind your manners.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM
Lanceman bone her like a fish. Words can be like a scalpel when applied with precision.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

No, you give me a clue. I can’t think of any good ones.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:53 AM

go to allah’s fanclub…look for a cat…in tennessee…maybe a friend of BB…I dunno…give me a clue and i will look for you>>>>

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 3:58 AM

I apologize. It’s just my old-fashionedness coming out. I tend to be very protective of women and children. So, I took back my scolding of you in my next post when you were given an invitation by the lady.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Yes. Same pattern, but not trolling.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Yeah, a tad bit more “intelligent.”

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Hope you folks aren’t implying that I’m a troll.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:04 AM

I missed Levin today. What did he say?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM

At The Corner:

Short and to the point.

Thank me.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 4:05 AM

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 3:55 AM

I like that.. I will use that…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:05 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

See what I mean?
That’s housemother talk.
You can see how I was mistaken.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Hope you folks aren’t implying that I’m a troll.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Hehe, no.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

My dear Americannodash, I was not referring to the troll in that post, but to a fine lady.

As to the troll, your advice makes sense. i just wonder whether the surgery would be more effective if done by women, that’s all.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:07 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

SBS?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Thank me.

(What are you wearing?)

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:08 AM

a tad bit more “intelligent.”

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Being “itself.” Not playing games.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Hope you folks aren’t implying that I’m a troll.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:04 AM

BURN HIM!!!!

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:08 AM

At The Corner:

Short and to the point.

Thank me.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 4:05 AM

Thanks.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 4:09 AM

Being “itself.” Not playing games.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Kinda like Obama off camera…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:09 AM

SBS?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:07 AM

yeah…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:10 AM

Speaking of which, when’s the next open registration?

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Years…if we’re lucky…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM

yeah…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:10 AM

OK, standby…

there

I wonder if Ann is on there?

Anyone here what happened to Strangelet?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

See what I mean?
That’s housemother talk.
You can see how I was mistaken.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Imagine how a formal English butler or male schoolmaster would talk.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Years…if we’re lucky…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Actually 2 weeks after OR, I noticed LESS trolls… Weird.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

G’Night insomniacs.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

i think stranglet got the boot…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Anyone here what happened to Strangelet?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

*know*

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:13 AM

G’Night insomniacs.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

‘nite man

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:13 AM

G’Night insomniacs.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Night, wimpy sam…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Kinda like Obama off camera…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:09 AM

Very well put.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Years…if we’re lucky…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Like I said. I’ve been reading you guys for about a year, now.
Whenever I’d get to, say, a poptech post I’d start to get infuriated.
Seems poptech and those other two blowmonkeis were around for a long while. Only lately does the ban hammer seem to be comming more swiftly.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:15 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Agreed. She doesn’t reply to me anynore. I went after her during the univervsal health care post. She would not answer anybodies questions. She would just make her declarations that everybody she knew wanted it over and over and over. I went for the no so subtle strangle hold on her but then she vanished for a couple of hours & then came back spewing the same rhetoric again and again.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 4:16 AM

Very well put.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:14 AM

In the words of Nick Yemana.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:16 AM

Years…if we’re lucky…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM

What always impresses me in such moments is that endearing Southern hospitality of yours that always shines through.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM

Like I said. I’ve been reading you guys for about a year, now.
Whenever I’d get to, say, a poptech post I’d start to get infuriated.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:15 AM

I have a feeling (far from proof) that Michelle came down hard on AP. He was letting some of the weirdest people in…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM

SBS.
Gonna have to write that down and keep my eyes open.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM

We are ready to see some serious pundit backpedaling in the up and coming days & weeks about Palin’s move Aren’t we?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Looking forward to it…

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 4:18 AM

Actually 2 weeks after OR, I noticed LESS trolls… Weird.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Yeah…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:18 AM

G’Night insomniacs.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM

You still haven’t scheduled me for my visit to the woodshed for my upbraiding.

Thank God!

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:18 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM

Good deal.
But I think I thrive on a little infuriating hogwash.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:19 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Looking forward to it…

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 4:18 AM

Don’t see this happening. AP will antagonize and Ed will try to come off as a Lowry…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:19 AM

i think stranglet got the boot…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Somebody told me they “heard” that as well. It hasn’t been seen for a long time. But I cannot find the thread where it happened or any witnesses.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:20 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM

You know it! Love you, too, Lox!!! :-)

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:21 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:20 AM

I think Ed went through after OR and weeded out a lot of his less than favorites.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:21 AM

The moderates loved McCain, but they had no intention of dating him. Ever.

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Followed immediately by talking about the need for a bigger tent.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 4:21 AM

Sometimes I even miss Alan Colmes.
But then I sober up.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:22 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:20 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:21 AM

Can’t see AP kicking her off… The other day he managed to scold Simon-McTroll for Trig Trooferism (Simon has 1 more chance).

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 4:22 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 4:16 AM

the trick is to get it to lose control and go over the deep end. I’m not seeing that happening at this point. Blech.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 4:23 AM

SBS.
Gonna have to write that down and keep my eyes open.

Lanceman on July 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM

Hey!!!

Hey, really, all FB friends are welcome!

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 4:23 AM